Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on plant proteins in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: plant proteins
Publications561 found, 100 shown here
- Dong L, Sui C, Liu Y, Yang Y, Wei J, Yang Y. Validation and application of reference genes for quantitative gene expression analyses in various tissues of Bupleurum chinense. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:5017-23 pubmed publisher..chinense. ..
- Tang Z, Zhang L, Xu C, Yuan S, Zhang F, Zheng Y, et al. Uncovering small RNA-mediated responses to cold stress in a wheat thermosensitive genic male-sterile line by deep sequencing. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:721-38 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence that smRNA regulatory pathways are linked with male sterility in the TGMS line during cold stress. ..
- Wang C, Chen Q, Fan D, Li J, Wang G, Zhang P. Structural Analyses of Short-Chain Prenyltransferases Identify an Evolutionarily Conserved GFPPS Clade in Brassicaceae Plants. Mol Plant. 2016;9:195-204 pubmed publisher..Using this model, we identified a novel GFPPS clade distributed in Brassicaceae plants and found that the GFPPS gene typically occurs in tandem with a gene encoding a TPS, forming a GFPPS-TPS gene cluster. ..
- Qin F, Sakuma Y, Li J, Liu Q, Li Y, Shinozaki K, et al. Cloning and functional analysis of a novel DREB1/CBF transcription factor involved in cold-responsive gene expression in Zea mays L. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:1042-52 pubmed..ZmDREB1A is suggested to be potentially useful for producing transgenic plants that is tolerant to drought, high-salinity and/or cold stresses. ..
- Yuan Y, Zhang J, Wang D, Ling H. AtbHLH29 of Arabidopsis thaliana is a functional ortholog of tomato FER involved in controlling iron acquisition in strategy I plants. Cell Res. 2005;15:613-21 pubmed
- Xue J, Li Y, Tan H, Yang F, Ma N, Gao J. Expression of ethylene biosynthetic and receptor genes in rose floral tissues during ethylene-enhanced flower opening. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:2161-9 pubmed publisher..The response of rose flowers to ethylene occurs initially in gynoecia, and ethylene may regulate flower opening mainly through the Rh-ETR3 gene in gynoecia. ..
- Zhao R, Xie H, Lv S, Zheng Y, Yu M, Shen L, et al. LeMAPK4 participated in cold-induced ethylene production in tomato fruit. J Sci Food Agric. 2013;93:1003-9 pubmed publisher..The results showed the regulation of MAPK in ethylene biosynthesis to protect tomato fruit from cold stress. In addition, the participation of LeMAPK4 in cold-induced ethylene biosynthesis in tomato fruit was indicated. ..
- Yuan L, Gu R, Xuan Y, Smith Valle E, Loque D, Frommer W, et al. Allosteric regulation of transport activity by heterotrimerization of Arabidopsis ammonium transporter complexes in vivo. Plant Cell. 2013;25:974-84 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates in planta a regulatory role in transport activity of heterooligomerization of transporter isoforms, which may enhance their versatility for signal exchange in response to environmental triggers. ..
- Dong Z, Jiang C, Chen X, Zhang T, Ding L, Song W, et al. Maize LAZY1 mediates shoot gravitropism and inflorescence development through regulating auxin transport, auxin signaling, and light response. Plant Physiol. 2013;163:1306-22 pubmed publisher..Therefore, ZmLA1 might mediate the cross talk between shoot gravitropism and inflorescence development by regulating auxin transport, auxin signaling, and probably light response in maize...
- Zuo F, Peng X, Shi X, Guo S. Effects of high-temperature pressure cooking and traditional cooking on soymilk: Protein particles formation and sensory quality. Food Chem. 2016;209:50-6 pubmed publisher..Soymilk cooked at 115°C for 10min exhibited a homogeneous, smooth, and creamy texture with a high acceptability in the sensory test. ..
- Zheng Y, Sheng J, Zhao R, Zhang J, Lv S, Liu L, et al. Preharvest L-arginine treatment induced postharvest disease resistance to Botrysis cinerea in tomato fruits. J Agric Food Chem. 2011;59:6543-9 pubmed publisher..71, 0.94, 0.97, and 0.87, respectively. These results indicate that arginine induces disease resistance via its effects on NO biosynthesis and defensive enzyme activity. ..
- Wang Z, Zhao F, Zhao X, Ge H, Chai L, Chen S, et al. Proteomic analysis of berry-sizing effect of GA3 on seedless Vitis vinifera L. Proteomics. 2012;12:86-94 pubmed publisher..Our proteomic results and subsequent validation revealed, for the first time, the role of redox homeostasis in GA3-induced berry enlargement and markedly remodeled cellular protein expression in treated berries. ..
- Zhong S, Shi H, Xue C, Wang L, Xi Y, Li J, et al. A molecular framework of light-controlled phytohormone action in Arabidopsis. Curr Biol. 2012;22:1530-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a mechanistic insight into how light modulates internal hormone-regulated plant growth. ..
- Zhao Y, Tan D, Lei Q, Chen H, Wang L, Li Q, et al. Melatonin and its potential biological functions in the fruits of sweet cherry. J Pineal Res. 2013;55:79-88 pubmed publisher..This provides additional information to suggest that tryptophan decaboxylase is a rate-limiting enzyme of melatonin synthesis in plants. ..
- Du Q, Pan W, Tian J, Li B, Zhang D. The UDP-glucuronate decarboxylase gene family in Populus: structure, expression, and association genetics. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60880 pubmed publisher..This is the first comprehensive study of the UXS gene family in woody plants, and lays the foundation for genetic improvements of wood properties and growth in trees using genetic engineering or marker-assisted breeding. ..
- Zhao K, Shen X, Yuan H, Liu Y, Liao X, Wang Q, et al. Isolation and characterization of dehydration-responsive element-binding factor 2C (MsDREB2C) from Malus sieversii Roem. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:1415-30 pubmed publisher..Deletion analysis identified the regulatory regions responsible for the plant's response to drought (-831 to -680), ABA (-831 to -680 and -335 to -148), salt (-831 to -335), cold (-1,317 to -831 and -335 to -148) and heat (-335 to -148)...
- Cheng L, Li X, Huang X, Ma T, Liang Y, Ma X, et al. Overexpression of sheepgrass R1-MYB transcription factor LcMYB1 confers salt tolerance in transgenic Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2013;70:252-60 pubmed publisher..Additionally, LcMYB1 is a promising gene resource for improving salinity tolerance in crops. ..
- Luo J, Ma N, Pei H, Chen J, Li J, Gao J. A DELLA gene, RhGAI1, is a direct target of EIN3 and mediates ethylene-regulated rose petal cell expansion via repressing the expression of RhCesA2. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:5075-84 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, RhCesA2 was a direct target of RhGAI1. This work uncovers the transcriptional regulation of RhGAI1 by ethylene and provides a better understanding of how ethylene regulates petal expansion in roses. ..
- Cui G, Huang L, Qiu D, Yuan Y, Fu G. [Functional genomics studies of Salvia miltiorrhiza II--gene expression profiling of different stage of hairy root]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2007;32:1267-72 pubmed..Several important functional genes related to second metabolite synthesis were cloned such as P450 and copalyl diphosphate synthase genes. cDNA microarray was a useful tool for functional genomics of traditional Chinese medicine. ..
- Qiao Z, Huang B, Liu J. Molecular cloning and functional analysis of an ERF gene from cotton (Gossypium hirsutum). Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1779:122-7 pubmed..These results suggested that GhERF1 might be functionally important in acclimation of cotton to stress. ..
- Cui R, Han J, Zhao S, Su K, Wu F, Du X, et al. Functional conservation and diversification of class E floral homeotic genes in rice (Oryza sativa). Plant J. 2010;61:767-81 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our findings corroborate the view that the lodicules of grasses are homologous to eudicot petals. ..
- Wu Q, Sun C, Luo H, Li Y, Niu Y, Sun Y, et al. Transcriptome analysis of Taxus cuspidata needles based on 454 pyrosequencing. Planta Med. 2011;77:394-400 pubmed publisher..These results provide the largest EST collections in TAXUS and will contribute to biosynthetic and biochemical studies that lead to drug improvement...
- Cui X, Jin P, Cui X, Gu L, Lu Z, Xue Y, et al. Control of transposon activity by a histone H3K4 demethylase in rice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:1953-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the removal of active histone modifications is involved in TE silencing and that different subsets of TEs may be regulated by distinct epigenetic pathways. ..
- Wang Y, Wu W. Potassium transport and signaling in higher plants. Annu Rev Plant Biol. 2013;64:451-76 pubmed publisher..Eventually, plants produce a series of adaptive events in both physiological and morphological alterations that help them survive K(+) deficiency. ..
- Wang T, Sui Z, Liu X, Li Y, Li H, Xing J, et al. Ectopic expression of a maize hybrid up-regulated gene, ErbB-3 binding Protein 1 (ZmEBP1), increases organ size by promoting cell proliferation in Arabidopsis. Plant Sci. 2016;243:23-34 pubmed publisher..Considering all of these findings together, we speculate that upregulation of ZmEBP1 in maize hybrids may accelerate cell proliferation and promote ear development. ..
- Qin L, Zhu Y, Ding Z, Zhang X, Ye S, Zhang R. Structure of iridoid synthase in complex with NADP(+)/8-oxogeranial reveals the structural basis of its substrate specificity. J Struct Biol. 2016;194:224-30 pubmed publisher..We believe that the present work will help to elucidate the substrate specificity of IS and to integrate its detailed catalytic mechanism. ..
- Yang A, Yu X, Zheng A, James A. Rebalance between 7S and 11S globulins in soybean seeds of differing protein content and 11SA4. Food Chem. 2016;210:148-55 pubmed publisher..Using the proteomic approach, it was demonstrated that 11SA4 deficiency induced compensatory accumulation of 7S globulins and led to a similar total abundance for 7S+11S irrespective of protein content or 11SA4. ..
- Liu N, Zhong N, WANG G, Li L, Liu X, He Y, et al. Cloning and functional characterization of PpDBF1 gene encoding a DRE-binding transcription factor from Physcomitrella patens. Planta. 2007;226:827-38 pubmed..These results suggest that PpDBF1 may play a role in P. patens as a DREB transcription factor, implying that similar regulating systems are conserved in moss and higher plants...
- Zhang Y, Lian L, Liu Q, Xiao N, Fang R, Liu Q, et al. Altered expression of CmNRRa changes flowering time of Chrysanthemum morifolium. Plant Biotechnol J. 2013;11:373-9 pubmed publisher..These results possess potential application in molecular breeding of chrysanthemums that production year-round, and may improve commercial chrysanthemum production in the flower industry. ..
- Yang X, Wu F, Lin X, Du X, Chong K, Gramzow L, et al. Live and let die - the B(sister) MADS-box gene OsMADS29 controls the degeneration of cells in maternal tissues during seed development of rice (Oryza sativa). PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51435 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that OsMADS29 has important functions in seed development of rice by regulating cell degeneration of maternal tissues. Our findings provide important insights into the ancestral function of B(sister) genes. ..
- Li L, Hou X, Tsuge T, Ding M, Aoyama T, Oka A, et al. The possible action mechanisms of indole-3-acetic acid methyl ester in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Rep. 2008;27:575-84 pubmed..The different sensitivities to MeIAA among different organs probably resulted from different expression localization and capacities of a putative MeIAA esterase to convert MeIAA to IAA. ..
- Li J, Xu Y, Chong K. The novel functions of kinesin motor proteins in plants. Protoplasma. 2012;249 Suppl 2:S95-100 pubmed publisher..Here, we review a novel function of kinesins with transcription activation activity in regulating gibberellin biosynthesis and cell growth. These findings will open exciting new areas of kinesin research. ..
- Tian X, Xie J, Zhao Y, Lu H, Liu S, Qu L, et al. Sense-, antisense- and RNAi-4CL1 regulate soluble phenolic acids, cell wall components and growth in transgenic Populus tomentosa Carr. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2013;65:111-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, our data demonstrate that there is cross-correlation among 4CL1 gene expression, 4CL1 enzyme activity, soluble phenolic acid, lignin monomer biosynthesis, and lignin content. ..
- Li X, Hou S, Gao Q, Zhao P, Chen S, Qi D, et al. LcSAIN1, a novel salt-induced gene from sheepgrass, confers salt stress tolerance in transgenic Arabidopsis and rice. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:1172-85 pubmed publisher..The LcSAIN1 gene could be a potential resource for engineering salinity tolerance in important crop species. ..
- Pei H, Ma N, Tian J, Luo J, Chen J, Li J, et al. An NAC transcription factor controls ethylene-regulated cell expansion in flower petals. Plant Physiol. 2013;163:775-91 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that ethylene regulates cell expansion by fine-tuning the microRNA164/RhNAC100 module and also provide new insights into the function of NAC transcription factors...
- Wang J, Li Q, Mao X, Li A, Jing R. Wheat Transcription Factor TaAREB3 Participates in Drought and Freezing Tolerances in Arabidopsis. Int J Biol Sci. 2016;12:257-69 pubmed publisher..TaAREB3 also activated RD29A, RD29B, COR15A, and COR47 by binding to their promoter regions in transgenic Arabidopsis. These results demonstrated that TaAREB3 plays an important role in drought and freezing tolerances in Arabidopsis. ..
- Wu C, Ma Q, Yam K, Cheung M, Xu Y, Han T, et al. In situ expression of the GmNMH7 gene is photoperiod-dependent in a unique soybean (Glycine max [L.] Merr.) flowering reversion system. Planta. 2006;223:725-35 pubmed..These results support the notion that the photoperiod sensitive GmNMH7 gene may play multiple roles in growth and development in soybean. ..
- Liu D, Chen X, Liu J, Ye J, Guo Z. The rice ERF transcription factor OsERF922 negatively regulates resistance to Magnaporthe oryzae and salt tolerance. J Exp Bot. 2012;63:3899-911 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that OsERF922 is integrated into the cross-talk between biotic and abiotic stress-signalling networks perhaps through modulation of the ABA levels...
- Li N, Wang X, Cao S, Zhang X. [Genome constitution of Agropyron elongatum 4x by biochemical and SSR markers]. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2005;32:571-8 pubmed..elongatum 2x and Ag. elongatum 4x have some identical bands and Ag. elongatum 4x have some specific bands. This result validated the conclusion from biochemical marker analyses that Ag. elongatum 4x is a allotetraploid. ..
- Yuan Y, Wu J, Sun R, Zhang X, Xu D, Bonnema G, et al. A naturally occurring splicing site mutation in the Brassica rapa FLC1 gene is associated with variation in flowering time. J Exp Bot. 2009;60:1299-308 pubmed publisher..rapa accessions and in a segregating Chinese cabbage doubled-haploid population. These findings suggest that a naturally occurring splicing mutation in the BrFLC1 gene contributes greatly to flowering-time variation in B. rapa. ..
- Guan Y, Ren H, Xie H, Ma Z, Chen F. Identification and characterization of bZIP-type transcription factors involved in carrot (Daucus carota L.) somatic embryogenesis. Plant J. 2009;60:207-17 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that CAREB1 functions as an important trans-acting factor in the ABA signal transduction pathway during carrot somatic embryogenesis. ..
- Li Y, Li S, Bi D, Cheng Y, Li X, Zhang Y. SRFR1 negatively regulates plant NB-LRR resistance protein accumulation to prevent autoimmunity. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1001111 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that SRFR1 functions together with SGT1 to negatively regulate R protein accumulation, which is required for preventing auto-activation of plant immunity. ..
- Yang Z, Lu Q, Wen X, Chen F, Lu C. Functional analysis of the rice rubisco activase promoter in transgenic Arabidopsis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;418:565-70 pubmed publisher..These works provide a useful reference for understanding transcriptional regulation mechanism of the rice Rca gene, and lay a strong foundation for further detection of related cis-elements and trans-factors. ..
- Liu D, Shi L, Han C, Yu J, Li D, Zhang Y. Validation of reference genes for gene expression studies in virus-infected Nicotiana benthamiana using quantitative real-time PCR. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46451 pubmed publisher..benthamiana under other biotic and abiotic stress conditions. ..
- Xu X, Li L, Dong X, Jin W, Melchinger A, Chen S. Gametophytic and zygotic selection leads to segregation distortion through in vivo induction of a maternal haploid in maize. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:1083-96 pubmed publisher..This research also provides new insights into the process of double fertilization...
- Gong C, Cao S, Fan R, Wei B, Chen G, Wang X, et al. Identification and phylogenetic analysis of a CC-NBS-LRR encoding gene assigned on chromosome 7B of wheat. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:15330-47 pubmed publisher..We speculate that TdRGA-7Bb was derived from a TdRGA-7Ba mutation, and it happened in Ae. speltoides. Both types of TdRGA-7B participated in tetraploid wheat formation. However, only the TdRGA-7Bb was retained in hexaploid wheat. ..
- Zhou J, Zhang H, Yang Y, Zhang Z, Zhang H, Hu X, et al. Abscisic acid regulates TSRF1-mediated resistance to Ralstonia solanacearum by modifying the expression of GCC box-containing genes in tobacco. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:645-52 pubmed publisher..These results therefore establish that TSRF1-regulated resistance to R. solanacearum can be modified in tobacco by ABA. ..
- Chen Z, Zhou T, Wu X, Hong Y, Fan Z, Li H. Influence of cytoplasmic heat shock protein 70 on viral infection of Nicotiana benthamiana. Mol Plant Pathol. 2008;9:809-17 pubmed publisher..In contrast, viral infection was compromised in cytoplasmic NbHsp70c-1 gene-silenced plants. These data demonstrate that the cytoplasmic Hsp70s can enhance the infection of N. benthamiana by diverse viruses. ..
- Gao L, Ma Q, Liu Y, Xin Z, Zhang Z. Molecular characterization of the genomic region harboring the BYDV-resistance gene Bdv2 in wheat. J Appl Genet. 2009;50:89-98 pubmed publisher..This study created a starting point for eventual cloning of the Bdv2 gene and understanding the defense mechanism. ..
- Ma Q. The expression of caffeic acid 3-O-methyltransferase in two wheat genotypes differing in lodging resistance. J Exp Bot. 2009;60:2763-71 pubmed publisher..Southern analysis in a different population suggested that a TaCM locus was located in the distal region of chromosome 3BL, which has less investigated by QTL for lodging-resistant phenotype. ..
- Chen M, Shen X, Li D, Ma L, Dong J, Wang T. Identification and characterization of MtMTP1, a Zn transporter of CDF family, in the Medicago truncatula. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2009;47:1089-94 pubmed publisher..No obvious changes were detected in leaves. Inoculation with Rhizobium meliloti down-regulated its expression in roots...
- Ding M, Hou P, Shen X, Wang M, Deng S, Sun J, et al. Salt-induced expression of genes related to Na(+)/K(+) and ROS homeostasis in leaves of salt-resistant and salt-sensitive poplar species. Plant Mol Biol. 2010;73:251-69 pubmed publisher..We place the transcription results in the context of our physiological measurements to infer some implications of NaCl-induced alterations in gene expression related to K(+)/Na(+) and ROS homeostasis. ..
- Hu B, Zhu C, Li F, Tang J, Wang Y, Lin A, et al. LEAF TIP NECROSIS1 plays a pivotal role in the regulation of multiple phosphate starvation responses in rice. Plant Physiol. 2011;156:1101-15 pubmed publisher..Our results strongly indicate that LTN1 is a crucial Pi starvation signaling component downstream of miR399 involved in the regulation of multiple Pi starvation responses in rice. ..
- Wang S, Wu K, Yuan Q, Liu X, Liu Z, Lin X, et al. Control of grain size, shape and quality by OsSPL16 in rice. Nat Genet. 2012;44:950-4 pubmed publisher..We also show that a marker-assisted strategy targeted at elite alleles of GS3 and OsSPL16 underlying grain size and shape can be effectively used to simultaneously improve grain quality and yield. ..
- Liu J, Sun N, Liu M, Liu J, Du B, Wang X, et al. An autoregulatory loop controlling Arabidopsis HsfA2 expression: role of heat shock-induced alternative splicing. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:512-21 pubmed publisher..Severe HS-induced alternative splicing also occurs in four other HS-inducible Arabidopsis Hsf genes, suggesting that it is a common feature among Arabidopsis Hsfs. ..
- Xu G, Wang X, Liu C, Li W, Wei S, Liu Y, et al. Authentication of official Da-huang by sequencing and multiplex allele-specific PCR of a short maturase K gene. Genome. 2013;56:109-13 pubmed publisher..In addition, we suggest that short-sized specific bands be developed to authenticate materials used in traditional Chinese medicine. ..
- Chen L, Wuriyanghan H, Zhang Y, Duan K, Chen H, Li Q, et al. An S-domain receptor-like kinase, OsSIK2, confers abiotic stress tolerance and delays dark-induced leaf senescence in rice. Plant Physiol. 2013;163:1752-65 pubmed publisher..Manipulation of OsSIK2 should facilitate the improvement of production in rice and other crops. ..
- Cao D, Wang J, Ju Z, Liu Q, Li S, Tian H, et al. Regulations on growth and development in tomato cotyledon, flower and fruit via destruction of miR396 with short tandem target mimic. Plant Sci. 2016;247:1-12 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results revealed novel roles of miR396 in regulating flower and fruit development, and provided a new potential way for improving tomato fruit yield. ..
- Li L, Fang Z, Zhou J, Chen H, Hu Z, Gao L, et al. An accurate and efficient method for large-scale SSR genotyping and applications. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:e88 pubmed publisher..While the work we present focused on rice, AmpSeq-SSR can be readily extended to animals and micro-organisms. ..
- Wang H, Ye X, Ng T. Purification of chrysancorin, a novel antifungal protein with mitogenic activity from garland chrysanthemum seeds. Biol Chem. 2001;382:947-51 pubmed..However, we could not detect antibacterial activity against a variety of bacteria. ..
- He X, Qin Y, Xu Y, Hu C, Zhu Y. Molecular cloning, expression profiling, and yeast complementation of 19 beta-tubulin cDNAs from developing cotton ovules. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:2687-95 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that the proteins encoded by cotton GhTUBs are involved during cotton fibre development...
- Zhang Z, Lin Z, Xin Z. Research progress in BYDV resistance genes derived from wheat and its wild relatives. J Genet Genomics. 2009;36:567-73 pubmed publisher..These studies lay the foundations for developing resistant wheat cultivars and unraveling the resistance mechanism against BYDV. ..
- Li B, Xu W, Xu Y, Zhang Y, Wang T, Bai Y, et al. Integrative study on proteomics, molecular physiology, and genetics reveals an accumulation of cyclophilin-like protein, TaCYP20-2, leading to an increase of Rht protein and dwarf in a novel GA-insensitive mutant (gaid) in Wheat. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:4242-53 pubmed publisher..It suggests that TaCYP20-2 is a new member that regulates wheat stem development mediated by DELLA protein degradation of GA signaling pathway. ..
- Yan Y, Chen X, Yang K, Sun Z, Fu Y, Zhang Y, et al. Overexpression of an F-box protein gene reduces abiotic stress tolerance and promotes root growth in rice. Mol Plant. 2011;4:190-7 pubmed publisher..Growth restraint in plants is an acclimatization strategy against abiotic stress. Our results also suggest that MAIF1 plays the negative role in response to abiotic stress possibly by regulating root growth. ..
- Fan C, Ma J, Guo Q, Li X, Wang H, Lu M. Selection of reference genes for quantitative real-time PCR in bamboo (Phyllostachys edulis). PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56573 pubmed publisher..They are therefore the recommended reference genes for measuring gene expression in P. edulis. ..
- Guo X, Li Y, Li C, Luo H, Wang L, Qian J, et al. Analysis of the Dendrobium officinale transcriptome reveals putative alkaloid biosynthetic genes and genetic markers. Gene. 2013;527:131-8 pubmed publisher..officinale. It extends the foundation to facilitate gene discovery in D. officinale and provides an important resource for the molecular genetic and functional genomic studies in this species. ..
- Jiang T, Zhang J, Chang W, Liang D. Crystal structure of R-phycocyanin and possible energy transfer pathways in the phycobilisome. Biophys J. 2001;81:1171-9 pubmed..Possible models for the energy transfer from phycoerythrin to phycocyanin and from phycocyanin to allophycocyanin are proposed based on several phycobiliprotein crystal structures. ..
- Ni C, Wang H, Xu T, Qu Z, Liu G. AtKP1, a kinesin-like protein, mainly localizes to mitochondria in Arabidopsis thaliana. Cell Res. 2005;15:725-33 pubmed..The AtKP1 protein could not be released following a 0.6 M KI washing, indicating that AtKP1 is tightly bind to mitochondria and might function associated with this kind of organelles. ..
- Yan Q, Qi X, Jiang Z, Yang S, Han L. Characterization of a pathogenesis-related class 10 protein (PR-10) from Astragalus mongholicus with ribonuclease activity. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2008;46:93-9 pubmed..0-11.0. It was stable up to 60 degrees C at pH 6.0. The purification and characterization of AmPR-10 in this investigation furnish additional data to the relatively scanty literature pertaining to Astragali radix proteins. ..
- Wang Y, Xiao Y, Zhang Y, Chai C, Wei G, Wei X, et al. Molecular cloning, functional characterization and expression analysis of a novel monosaccharide transporter gene OsMST6 from rice (Oryza sativa L.). Planta. 2008;228:525-35 pubmed publisher..In addition, OsMST6 expression is up-regulated by salt stress and sugars. The physiological role of OsMST6 for seed development and its roles in other sink and source tissues are discussed...
- Li D, Wang L, Wang M, Xu Y, Luo W, Liu Y, et al. Engineering OsBAK1 gene as a molecular tool to improve rice architecture for high yield. Plant Biotechnol J. 2009;7:791-806 pubmed publisher..Therefore, OsBAK1 is a potential molecular breeding tool for improving rice grain yield by modifying rice architecture...
- Gao T, Wu Y, Zhang Y, Liu L, Ning Y, Wang D, et al. OsSDIR1 overexpression greatly improves drought tolerance in transgenic rice. Plant Mol Biol. 2011;76:145-56 pubmed publisher..This result was also confirmed by the water loss assay and leaf related water content (RWC) measurements during drought treatment. Thus, we demonstrated that monocot- and dicot- SDIR1s are conserved yet have diverse functions. ..
- Shen Y, Tang D, Wang K, Wang M, Huang J, Luo W, et al. ZIP4 in homologous chromosome synapsis and crossover formation in rice meiosis. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:2581-91 pubmed publisher..These results imply that the normal functions of ZIP4 and MER3 are required for the regulation of COs by ZEP1. ..
- Wang K, Tang D, Wang M, Lu J, Yu H, Liu J, et al. MER3 is required for normal meiotic crossover formation, but not for presynaptic alignment in rice. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:2055-63 pubmed publisher..The normal loading of PAIR2 and REC8 in mer3 implies that their loading is independent of MER3. On the contrary, the absence of MER3 signal in pair2 mutants indicates that PAIR2 is essential for the loading and further function of MER3. ..
- Xu C, Liu Z, Zhang L, Zhao C, Yuan S, Zhang F. Organization of actin cytoskeleton during meiosis I in a wheat thermo-sensitive genic male sterile line. Protoplasma. 2013;250:415-22 pubmed publisher..These data provide new insights into the organization of actin filaments during male meiosis of plant and support a role of actin cytoskeleton in bringing about thermo-sensitive male sterility in wheat. ..
- Wang H, Ng T. Isolation of cucurmoschin, a novel antifungal peptide abundant in arginine, glutamate and glycine residues from black pumpkin seeds. Peptides. 2003;24:969-72 pubmed..It inhibited translation in a cell-free rabbit reticulocyte lysate system with an IC50 of 1.2 microM. The N-terminal sequence of cucurmoschin was rich in arginine, glutamate and glycine residues. ..
- Wang Y, Yu J, Chen T, Zhang Z, Hao Y, Zhang J, et al. Functional analysis of a putative Ca2+ channel gene TaTPC1 from wheat. J Exp Bot. 2005;56:3051-60 pubmed publisher..TaTPC1 transgenic plants exhibited more stomatal closing in the presence of Ca2+ than the control, supporting a role for the calcium channel in regulating plant responses to environmental change...
- Ma L, Liu B, Gao D, Pang X, Lu S, Yu H, et al. Molecular cloning and overexpression of a novel UDP-glucosyltransferase elevating salidroside levels in Rhodiola sachalinensis. Plant Cell Rep. 2007;26:989-99 pubmed..These data suggest that the cloned UGT73B6 can regulate the conversion of tyrosol aglycon to salidroside in R. sachalinensis. This is the first cloned glucosyltransferase gene involved in salidroside biosynthesis. ..
- Qi X, Zhang Y, Chai T. The bean PvSR2 gene produces two transcripts by alternative promoter usage. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;356:273-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate an additional non-metal inducible transcription of PvSR2 via alternative intronic promoter usage and provide new insights into expression mechanism of metal inducible gene. ..
- Wang Y, Xu H, Wei X, Chai C, Xiao Y, Zhang Y, et al. Molecular cloning and expression analysis of a monosaccharide transporter gene OsMST4 from rice (Oryza sativa L.). Plant Mol Biol. 2007;65:439-51 pubmed publisher..In addition, the cell type-specific expression patterns of OsMST4 in other sink and source tissues were also investigated, and its corresponding physiological roles were discussed...
- Li C, Jia H, Chai Y, Shen Y. Abscisic acid perception and signaling transduction in strawberry: a model for non-climacteric fruit ripening. Plant Signal Behav. 2011;6:1950-3 pubmed..This mini-review offers an overview of these processes and also outlines the possible, molecular mechanisms for ABA in the regulation of strawberry fruit ripening through the ABA receptors...
- Ji Q, Zhang M, Lu J, Wang H, Lin B, Liu Q, et al. Molecular basis underlying the S5-dependent reproductive isolation and compatibility of indica/japonica rice hybrids. Plant Physiol. 2012;158:1319-28 pubmed publisher..The S5 locus may have promoted the subspeciation of indica and japonica, but it also enables gene flow between them. ..