Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on plant gene expression regulation in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: plant gene expression regulation
Publications133 found, 100 shown here
- Guo Y, Qin G, Gu H, Qu L. Dof5.6/HCA2, a Dof transcription factor gene, regulates interfascicular cambium formation and vascular tissue development in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2009;21:3518-34 pubmed publisher..This report demonstrates that a transcription factor gene, HCA2, is involved in regulation of interfascicular cambium formation and vascular tissue development in Arabidopsis. ..
- Guo Z, Song Y, Zhou R, Ren Z, Jia J. Discovery, evaluation and distribution of haplotypes of the wheat Ppd-D1 gene. New Phytol. 2010;185:841-51 pubmed publisher..The evolution, expression and distribution of Ppd-D1 haplotypes were consistent evidentially with each other. What was regarded as a pair of alleles in the past can now be considered a series of alleles leading to continuous variation. ..
- Wang L, Xu Y, Li J, Powell R, Xu Z, Chong K. Transgenic rice plants ectopically expressing AtBAK1 are semi-dwarfed and hypersensitive to 24-epibrassinolide. J Plant Physiol. 2007;164:655-64 pubmed..On the other hand, the transgenic plants generated by overproducing AtBAK1 may potentially have agricultural applications because the dwarfed phenotype is generally resistant to lodging, while the fertility remains unaffected. ..
- Zhang J, Vankova R, Malbeck J, Dobrev P, Xu Y, Chong K, et al. AtSOFL1 and AtSOFL2 act redundantly as positive modulators of the endogenous content of specific cytokinins in Arabidopsis. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8236 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that in plants AtSOFL1 and AtSOFL2 work redundantly as positive modulators in the fine-tuning of specific cytokinin levels as well as responsiveness. ..
- Hu Y, Wang Y, Liu X, Li J. Arabidopsis RAV1 is down-regulated by brassinosteroid and may act as a negative regulator during plant development. Cell Res. 2004;14:8-15 pubmed
- Chen Y, Chen T, Shen S, Zheng M, Guo Y, Lin J, et al. Differential display proteomic analysis of Picea meyeri pollen germination and pollen-tube growth after inhibition of actin polymerization by latrunculin B. Plant J. 2006;47:174-95 pubmed..These findings provide new insights into the multifaceted mechanism of actin cytoskeleton functions and its interaction with signalling, cell-expansion machinery and energy-providing pathways. ..
- Yang H, Zhao Y, Wang C, Yang Z, Zeng Q, Lu H. Molecular characterization of a dehydroascorbate reductase from Pinus bungeana. J Integr Plant Biol. 2009;51:993-1001 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the recombinant PbDHAR was a thermostable enzyme, and retained 77% of its initial activity at 55 degrees C. The present study is the first to provide a detailed molecular characterization of the DHAR in P. bungeana. ..
- Bi D, Cheng Y, Li X, Zhang Y. Activation of plant immune responses by a gain-of-function mutation in an atypical receptor-like kinase. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:1771-9 pubmed publisher..Identification of snc4-1D provides us a unique genetic system for analyzing the signal transduction pathways downstream of receptor-like kinases. ..
- Zhang X, Zhang Z, Chen J, Chen Q, Wang X, Huang R. Expressing TERF1 in tobacco enhances drought tolerance and abscisic acid sensitivity during seedling development. Planta. 2005;222:494-501 pubmed
- Li C, Chen Q, Gao X, Qi B, Chen N, Xu S, et al. AtHsfA2 modulates expression of stress responsive genes and enhances tolerance to heat and oxidative stress in Arabidopsis. Sci China C Life Sci. 2005;48:540-50 pubmed..So we suggest that AtHsfA2 plays an important role in linking heat shock with oxidative stress signals. ..
- Ye J, Qu J, Zhang J, Geng Y, Fang R. A critical domain of the Cucumber mosaic virus 2b protein for RNA silencing suppressor activity. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:101-6 pubmed publisher..We further show that the same domain is responsible for inhibition of Nicotiana benthamiana AGO4-1 transcription. Our results implicate AGO4 as a mediator for CMV 2b to suppress systemic silencing and DNA methylation...
- Liu M, Yuan L, Liu N, Shi D, Liu J, Yang W. GAMETOPHYTIC FACTOR 1, involved in pre-mRNA splicing, is essential for megagametogenesis and embryogenesis in Arabidopsis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2009;51:261-71 pubmed publisher..This investigation suggests that GFA1 is involved in mRNA biogenesis through interaction with AtBrr2 and AtPrp8 and functions in megagametogenesis and embryogenesis in plant. ..
- Zhou X, Hua D, Chen Z, Zhou Z, Gong Z. Elongator mediates ABA responses, oxidative stress resistance and anthocyanin biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2009;60:79-90 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Elongator plays crucial roles in regulating plant responses to ABA, oxidative stress resistance and anthocyanin biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. ..
- Wei G, Pan Y, Lei J, Zhu Y. Molecular cloning, phylogenetic analysis, expressional profiling and in vitro studies of TINY2 from Arabidopsis thaliana. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;38:440-6 pubmed..Our data indicate that TINY2 could be a new member of the AP2/EREBP transcription factor family involved in activation of down-stream genes in response to environmental stress. ..
- Qu Z, Wang H, Xia G. GhHb1: a nonsymbiotic hemoglobin gene of cotton responsive to infection by Verticillium dahliae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1730:103-13 pubmed publisher..dahliae and that exogenous hydrogen peroxide induces GhHb1 expression. These results suggest that the GhHb1 may play a role in the defense response of G. hirsutum against V. dahliae invasion...
- Guo J, Dai X, Xu W, Ma M. Overexpressing GSH1 and AsPCS1 simultaneously increases the tolerance and accumulation of cadmium and arsenic in Arabidopsis thaliana. Chemosphere. 2008;72:1020-6 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that such a stacking of modified genes is capable of increasing Cd and As tolerance and accumulation in transgenic lines, and represents a highly promising new tool for use in phytoremediation efforts. ..
- Ma Q. The expression of caffeic acid 3-O-methyltransferase in two wheat genotypes differing in lodging resistance. J Exp Bot. 2009;60:2763-71 pubmed publisher..Southern analysis in a different population suggested that a TaCM locus was located in the distal region of chromosome 3BL, which has less investigated by QTL for lodging-resistant phenotype. ..
- Zhao M, Chen L, Zhang L, Zhang W. Nitric reductase-dependent nitric oxide production is involved in cold acclimation and freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:755-67 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that NR-dependent NO production plays an important role in cold acclimation-induced increase in freezing tolerance by modulating Pro accumulation in Arabidopsis. ..
- Yan J, Zhang C, Gu M, Bai Z, Zhang W, Qi T, et al. The Arabidopsis CORONATINE INSENSITIVE1 protein is a jasmonate receptor. Plant Cell. 2009;21:2220-36 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that COI1 directly binds to JA-Ile and COR and serves as a receptor for jasmonate. ..
- He Y, Li J. Differential expression of triplicate phosphoribosylanthranilate isomerase isogenes in the tryptophan biosynthetic pathway of Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh. Planta. 2001;212:641-7 pubmed..thaliana. Deletion of PAI1 is partially responsible for abnormal growth and development in the PAI deletion mutant trp6 as well as strong blue fluorescence in young leaves under ultraviolet irradiation. ..
- Ren M, Chen Q, Li L, Zhang R, Guo S. Functional analysis of a reproductive organ predominant expressing promoter in cotton plants. Sci China C Life Sci. 2005;48:452-9 pubmed..The results showed that the arf1 promoter was a typical reproductive organ-specific promoter. Hopefully, the arf1 promoter can be a regulatory element for designing cotton reproductive organs with desired characteristics...
- Zhang H, Ohyama K, Boudet J, Chen Z, Yang J, Zhang M, et al. Dolichol biosynthesis and its effects on the unfolded protein response and abiotic stress resistance in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2008;20:1879-98 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that LEW1 catalyzes dolichol biosynthesis and that dolichol is important for plant responses to endoplasmic reticulum stress, drought, and dark-induced senescence in Arabidopsis...
- Liang W, Li C, Liu F, Jiang H, Li S, Sun J, et al. The Arabidopsis homologs of CCR4-associated factor 1 show mRNA deadenylation activity and play a role in plant defence responses. Cell Res. 2009;19:307-16 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest roles of the AtCAF1 proteins in regulated mRNA deadenylation and defence responses to pathogen infections. ..
- Ma Q. Functional analysis of a cinnamyl alcohol dehydrogenase involved in lignin biosynthesis in wheat. J Exp Bot. 2010;61:2735-44 pubmed publisher..These properties were correlated to the lignin contents and lodging indices of the two cultivars. These data suggest that TaCAD1 is the predominant CAD in wheat stem for lignin biosynthesis and is critical for lodging resistance...
- Li H, Liu N, Shi D, Liu J, Yang W. YAO is a nucleolar WD40-repeat protein critical for embryogenesis and gametogenesis in Arabidopsis. BMC Plant Biol. 2010;10:169 pubmed publisher..Since YAO is a nucleolar protein and its counterparts in yeast and human are components of the U3 snoRNP complex, we therefore postulate that YAO is most likely involved in rRNA processing in plants as well. ..
- Sa Q, Wang Y, Li W, Zhang L, Sun Y. The promoter of an antifungal protein gene from Gastrodia elata confers tissue -specific and fungus-inducible expression patterns and responds to both salicylic acid and jasmonic acid. Plant Cell Rep. 2003;22:79-84 pubmed..The -537 region of the GAFP-2 promoter was sufficient for its tissue-specific and inducible expression of the promoter...
- Chen H, Shen Y, Tang X, Yu L, Wang J, Guo L, et al. Arabidopsis CULLIN4 Forms an E3 Ubiquitin Ligase with RBX1 and the CDD Complex in Mediating Light Control of Development. Plant Cell. 2006;18:1991-2004 pubmed..Thus, this study suggests a biochemical activity connection between CSN and CDD complexes in their cooperation with COP1 in orchestrating the repression of photomorphogenesis. ..
- Ma D, Pu G, Lei C, Ma L, Wang H, Guo Y, et al. Isolation and characterization of AaWRKY1, an Artemisia annua transcription factor that regulates the amorpha-4,11-diene synthase gene, a key gene of artemisinin biosynthesis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2009;50:2146-61 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest the involvement of the AaWRKY1 transcription factor in the regulation of artemisinin biosynthesis, and indicate that ADS is a target gene of AaWRKY1 in A. annua. ..
- Li B, Xu W, Xu Y, Zhang Y, Wang T, Bai Y, et al. Integrative study on proteomics, molecular physiology, and genetics reveals an accumulation of cyclophilin-like protein, TaCYP20-2, leading to an increase of Rht protein and dwarf in a novel GA-insensitive mutant (gaid) in Wheat. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:4242-53 pubmed publisher..It suggests that TaCYP20-2 is a new member that regulates wheat stem development mediated by DELLA protein degradation of GA signaling pathway. ..
- Wang H, Huang Z, Chen Q, Zhang Z, Zhang H, Wu Y, et al. Ectopic overexpression of tomato JERF3 in tobacco activates downstream gene expression and enhances salt tolerance. Plant Mol Biol. 2004;55:183-92 pubmed..These results indicate that JERF3 functions as a linker in ethylene- and osmotic stress-signaling pathways. ..
- Chai M, Chen Q, An R, Chen Y, Chen J, Wang X. NADK2, an Arabidopsis chloroplastic NAD kinase, plays a vital role in both chlorophyll synthesis and chloroplast protection. Plant Mol Biol. 2005;59:553-64 pubmed..These results suggest that NADK2 may be a chloroplast NAD kinase and play a vital role in chlorophyll synthesis and chloroplast protection against oxidative damage. ..
- Liu C, Lu F, Cui X, Cao X. Histone methylation in higher plants. Annu Rev Plant Biol. 2010;61:395-420 pubmed publisher..The aim of this review is to summarize the biochemical, genetic, and molecular action of histone methylation in two plants, the dicot Arabidopsis and the monocot rice. ..
- Luo H, Li Y, Sun C, Wu Q, Song J, Sun Y, et al. Comparison of 454-ESTs from Huperzia serrata and Phlegmariurus carinatus reveals putative genes involved in lycopodium alkaloid biosynthesis and developmental regulation. BMC Plant Biol. 2010;10:209 pubmed publisher..We focused on gene discovery in the areas of bioactive compound biosynthesis and transcriptional regulation as well as genetic marker detection in these species...
- Ma Q, Xu Y, Lin Z, He P. Cloning of cDNA encoding COMT from wheat which is differentially expressed in lodging-sensitive and -resistant cultivars. J Exp Bot. 2002;53:2281-2 pubmed..These results suggest that the action of the wheat COMT gene may be related to stem rigidity and lodging character in wheat...
- Zhu H, Qian W, Lu X, Li D, Liu X, Liu K, et al. Expression patterns of purple acid phosphatase genes in Arabidopsis organs and functional analysis of AtPAP23 predominantly transcribed in flower. Plant Mol Biol. 2005;59:581-94 pubmed..Interestingly, the Fe and Mn contents were found significantly increased in AtPAP23 overexpression lines, which may offer a new direction for further functional studies of AtPAPs in Arabidopsis. ..
- Pang Y, Zhang J, Cao J, Yin S, He X, Cui K. Phloem transdifferentiation from immature xylem cells during bark regeneration after girdling in Eucommia ulmoides Oliv. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:1341-51 pubmed publisher..This study also showed that the bark regeneration system could provide a novel method for studying xylem and phloem cell differentiation. ..
- Che N, Yang Y, Li Y, Wang L, Huang P, Gao Y, et al. Efficient LEC2 activation of OLEOSIN expression requires two neighboring RY elements on its promoter. Sci China C Life Sci. 2009;52:854-63 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that two neighboring RY elements are essential for efficient LEC2 activation of OLEOSIN expression. These findings will help us better utilize seed-specific promoter activity. ..
- Qin F, Sakuma Y, Li J, Liu Q, Li Y, Shinozaki K, et al. Cloning and functional analysis of a novel DREB1/CBF transcription factor involved in cold-responsive gene expression in Zea mays L. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:1042-52 pubmed..ZmDREB1A is suggested to be potentially useful for producing transgenic plants that is tolerant to drought, high-salinity and/or cold stresses. ..
- Zhang L, Xu Y, Ma R. Molecular cloning, identification, and chromosomal localization of two MADS box genes in peach (Prunus persica). J Genet Genomics. 2008;35:365-72 pubmed publisher..Our results provided the basis for further dissection of the two MADS box gene function...
- Mu J, Tan H, Zheng Q, Fu F, Liang Y, Zhang J, et al. LEAFY COTYLEDON1 is a key regulator of fatty acid biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2008;148:1042-54 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that LEC1 and LEC1-like genes act as key regulators to coordinate the expression of fatty acid biosynthetic genes, thereby representing promising targets for genetic improvement of oil production plants. ..
- Yi K, Guo C, Chen D, Zhao B, Yang B, Ren H. Cloning and functional characterization of a formin-like protein (AtFH8) from Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2005;138:1071-82 pubmed
- Zhou J, Zhang H, Yang Y, Zhang Z, Zhang H, Hu X, et al. Abscisic acid regulates TSRF1-mediated resistance to Ralstonia solanacearum by modifying the expression of GCC box-containing genes in tobacco. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:645-52 pubmed publisher..These results therefore establish that TSRF1-regulated resistance to R. solanacearum can be modified in tobacco by ABA. ..
- Shen J, Ren X, Cao R, Liu J, Gong Z. Transcriptional gene silencing mediated by a plastid inner envelope phosphoenolpyruvate/phosphate translocator CUE1 in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2009;150:1990-6 pubmed publisher..It is possible that signals from chloroplasts help to regulate the epigenetic status of a subset of genomic loci in the nucleus. ..
- Liu X, Qian W, Liu X, Qin H, Wang D. Molecular and functional analysis of hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase from Arabidopsis thaliana. New Phytol. 2007;175:448-61 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the data suggest that functional HGPTs are expressed in higher plants. In Arabidopsis, HGPT plays an active role in the salvage of purine bases and its activity is required for efficient seed germination...
- Gao Y, Gong X, Cao W, Zhao J, Fu L, Wang X, et al. SAD2 in Arabidopsis functions in trichome initiation through mediating GL3 function and regulating GL1, TTG1 and GL2 expression. J Integr Plant Biol. 2008;50:906-17 pubmed publisher..Analysis of GFP fusions of GL1, GL2, GL3 and TTG1 suggested that these proteins are most likely not direct cargo of SAD2. Our data suggest that SAD2 is involved in trichome initiation by regulating these nuclear genes. ..
- Zhang Y, Cao G, Qu L, Gu H. Characterization of Arabidopsis MYB transcription factor gene AtMYB17 and its possible regulation by LEAFY and AGL15. J Genet Genomics. 2009;36:99-107 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that LFY may be involved in the regulation of AtMYB17, possibly together with AGL15, and thereafter in early inflorescence development and seed germination. ..
- Qiao H, Wang F, Zhao L, Zhou J, Lai Z, Zhang Y, et al. The F-box protein AhSLF-S2 controls the pollen function of S-RNase-based self-incompatibility. Plant Cell. 2004;16:2307-22 pubmed..inflata, these results provide direct evidence that the polymorphic SLF including AhSLF-S(2) controls the pollen function of S-RNase-based self-incompatibility. ..
- Wu C, Ma Q, Yam K, Cheung M, Xu Y, Han T, et al. In situ expression of the GmNMH7 gene is photoperiod-dependent in a unique soybean (Glycine max [L.] Merr.) flowering reversion system. Planta. 2006;223:725-35 pubmed..These results support the notion that the photoperiod sensitive GmNMH7 gene may play multiple roles in growth and development in soybean. ..
- Zhang X, Chen Y, Wang Z, Chen Z, Gu H, Qu L. Constitutive expression of CIR1 (RVE2) affects several circadian-regulated processes and seed germination in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2007;51:512-25 pubmed..These results suggest that CIR1 is possibly part of a regulatory feedback loop that controls a subset of the circadian outputs and modulates the central oscillator. ..
- Guan H, Kang D, Fan M, Chen Z, Qu L. Overexpression of a new putative membrane protein gene AtMRB1 results in organ size enlargement in Arabidopsis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2009;51:130-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that AtMRB1 is possibly a positive regulator of organ size development in Arabidopsis, mainly through cell number control. ..
- Wang Z, Zhu Y, Wang L, Liu X, Liu Y, Phillips J, et al. A WRKY transcription factor participates in dehydration tolerance in Boea hygrometrica by binding to the W-box elements of the galactinol synthase (BhGolS1) promoter. Planta. 2009;230:1155-66 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a mechanism where BhWRKY1 is likely to function in an ABA-dependent signal pathway to regulate BhGolS1 expression, which leads to the accumulation of RFOs in desiccation-tolerant B. hygrometrica leaves. ..
- Chang T, Liu X, Xu H, Meng K, Chen S, Zhu Z. A metallothionein-like gene htMT2 strongly expressed in internodes and nodes of Helianthus tuberosus and effects of metal ion treatment on its expression. Planta. 2004;218:449-55 pubmed..It is suggested that HtMT2 might be involved in the transport or availability of Cu(2+) and Zn(2+) to some apo-metal enzymes or apo-metal proteins. ..
- Wang X, Niu Q, Teng C, Li C, Mu J, Chua N, et al. Overexpression of PGA37/MYB118 and MYB115 promotes vegetative-to-embryonic transition in Arabidopsis. Cell Res. 2009;19:224-35 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that PGA37/MYB118 and MYB115 promote vegetative-to-embryonic transition, through a signaling pathway independent of WUS. ..
- Chen J, Xia X, Yin W. Expression profiling and functional characterization of a DREB2-type gene from Populus euphratica. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;378:483-7 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that PeDREB2 functions as a novel transcription factor involved in the response of salt stress and might be useful in improving salt tolerance in transgenic plants...
- Yin H, Zhang X, Liu J, Wang Y, He J, Yang T, et al. Epigenetic regulation, somatic homologous recombination, and abscisic acid signaling are influenced by DNA polymerase epsilon mutation in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2009;21:386-402 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that ABO4/POL2a/TIL1 is involved in maintaining epigenetic states, HR, and ABA signaling in Arabidopsis. ..
- Zhou Y, Xu M, Zhao M, Xie X, Zhu L, Fu B, et al. Genome-wide gene responses in a transgenic rice line carrying the maize resistance gene Rxo1 to the rice bacterial streak pathogen, Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzicola. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:78 pubmed publisher..These results add to our understanding the evolution of plant resistance genes. ..
- Wang L, Pei Z, Tian Y, He C. OsLSD1, a rice zinc finger protein, regulates programmed cell death and callus differentiation. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2005;18:375-84 pubmed publisher..OsLSD1 green fluorescent protein fusion protein was located in the nucleus of tobacco cells. Our results suggest that OsLSD1 plays a negative role in regulating plant PCD, whereas it plays a positive role in callus differentiation...
- Zhang Y, Cheng Y, Qu N, Zhao Q, Bi D, Li X. Negative regulation of defense responses in Arabidopsis by two NPR1 paralogs. Plant J. 2006;48:647-56 pubmed
- Shan H, Zhang N, Liu C, Xu G, Zhang J, Chen Z, et al. Patterns of gene duplication and functional diversification during the evolution of the AP1/SQUA subfamily of plant MADS-box genes. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2007;44:26-41 pubmed publisher..Based on these observations, the evolutionary fates of duplicate genes and the contributions of the frameshift mutation and alternative splicing to functional diversity are discussed...
- Zhu S, Yu X, Wang X, Zhao R, Li Y, Fan R, et al. Two calcium-dependent protein kinases, CPK4 and CPK11, regulate abscisic acid signal transduction in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3019-36 pubmed
- Chen J, Wang S, Jing R, Mao X. Cloning the PvP5CS gene from common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) and its expression patterns under abiotic stresses. J Plant Physiol. 2009;166:12-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, subcellular localization assays showed that the PvP5CS protein was present in the nucleus and at the plasmalemma...
- Liu J, Ha D, Xie Z, Wang C, Wang H, Zhang W, et al. Ectopic expression of soybean GmKNT1 in Arabidopsis results in altered leaf morphology and flower identity. J Genet Genomics. 2008;35:441-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that the GmKNT1 could affect multiple aspects of plant growth and development by regulation of downstream genes expression...
- Wang F, Shi D, Liu J, Yang W. Novel nuclear protein ALC-INTERACTING PROTEIN1 is expressed in vascular and mesocarp cells in Arabidopsis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2008;50:918-27 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that ALC may interact with ACI1 and its homologs to control cell separation during fruit dehiscence in Arabidopsis. ..
- Sun X, Fu T, Chen N, Guo J, Ma J, Zou M, et al. The stromal chloroplast Deg7 protease participates in the repair of photosystem II after photoinhibition in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2010;152:1263-73 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Deg proteases on both the stromal and luminal sides of the thylakoid membranes are important for the efficient PSII repair in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana). ..
- Wang H, Liu D, Liu C, Zhang A. The pyridoxal kinase gene TaPdxK from wheat complements vitamin B6 synthesis-defective Escherichia coli. J Plant Physiol. 2004;161:1053-60 pubmed..TaPdxK transcripts were detected in roots, shoots, spikes and anthers by RT-PCR analysis. TaPdxK expression level was not regulated by salt, ABA, and osmotic stress. ..
- Wang X, Xu Y, Han Y, Bao S, Du J, Yuan M, et al. Overexpression of RAN1 in rice and Arabidopsis alters primordial meristem, mitotic progress, and sensitivity to auxin. Plant Physiol. 2006;140:91-101 pubmed publisher..This article determines the function of RAN in plant development mediated by the cell cycle and its novel role in meristem initiation mediated by auxin signaling...
- Wang X, Zhu L, Liu B, Wang C, Jin L, Zhao Q, et al. Arabidopsis MICROTUBULE-ASSOCIATED PROTEIN18 functions in directional cell growth by destabilizing cortical microtubules. Plant Cell. 2007;19:877-89 pubmed..Our study demonstrated that MAP18 may play a role in regulating directional cell growth and cortical microtubule organization by destabilizing microtubules. ..
- Zhang Y, Feng S, Chen F, Chen H, Wang J, McCall C, et al. Arabidopsis DDB1-CUL4 ASSOCIATED FACTOR1 forms a nuclear E3 ubiquitin ligase with DDB1 and CUL4 that is involved in multiple plant developmental processes. Plant Cell. 2008;20:1437-55 pubmed publisher..Reducing the levels of DCAF1 leads to diverse developmental defects, implying that DCAF1 might be involved in multiple developmental pathways. ..
- Li W, Oono Y, Zhu J, He X, Wu J, Iida K, et al. The Arabidopsis NFYA5 transcription factor is regulated transcriptionally and posttranscriptionally to promote drought resistance. Plant Cell. 2008;20:2238-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, NFYA5 is important for drought resistance, and its induction by drought stress occurs at both the transcriptional and posttranscriptional levels. ..
- Gao G, Jin L, Xie K, Qu D. The potato StLTPa7 gene displays a complex Ca-associated pattern of expression during the early stage of potato-Ralstonia solanacearum interaction. Mol Plant Pathol. 2009;10:15-27 pubmed publisher..solanacearum interactions. Collectively, these results suggest that StLTPa7 may be a pathogen- and Ca(2+)-responsive plant defence gene...
- Song C, Lin Q, Liang R, Wang Y. Expressions of ECE-CYC2 clade genes relating to abortion of both dorsal and ventral stamens in Opithandra (Gesneriaceae). BMC Evol Biol. 2009;9:244 pubmed publisher..l. ..
- Yang J, Yang M, Wang D, Chen F, Shen S. JcDof1, a Dof transcription factor gene, is associated with the light-mediated circadian clock in Jatropha curcas. Physiol Plant. 2010;139:324-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggested that JcDof1 was a circadian clock-Dof transcription factor gene responding to light signals...
- Yang H, Shi Y, Liu J, Guo L, Zhang X, Yang S. A mutant CHS3 protein with TIR-NB-LRR-LIM domains modulates growth, cell death and freezing tolerance in a temperature-dependent manner in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2010;63:283-96 pubmed publisher..These findings revealed a role of an unconventional mutant R gene in plant growth, defense response and cold stress, suggesting a mutual interaction between cold signaling and defense responses. ..
- Lu H, Zou Y, Feng N. Overexpression of AHL20 negatively regulates defenses in Arabidopsis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2010;52:801-8 pubmed publisher..The AHL20 overexpression plants displayed greater susceptibility to virulent Pseudomonas syringae bacteria. These results indicate that AHL proteins play an important role in plant immunity. ..
- Meng X, Zhao W, Lin R, Wang M, Peng Y. Molecular cloning and characterization of a rice blast-inducible RING-H2 type zinc finger gene. DNA Seq. 2006;17:41-8 pubmed..Taken together, OsRING-1, as a novel C3H2C3-type zinc finger protein involved in many stress responses in rice might plays a role as a transcription regulator in plant stress response signal transduction pathways. ..
- Liu T, Zhang J, Wang M, Wang Z, Li G, Qu L, et al. Expression and functional analysis of ZmDWF4, an ortholog of Arabidopsis DWF4 from maize (Zea mays L.). Plant Cell Rep. 2007;26:2091-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ZmDWF4 may be an ortholog gene of Arabidopsis DWF4 and responsible for BR biosynthesis in maize...
- Shu Q, Wischnitzki E, Liu Z, Ren H, Han X, Hao Q, et al. Functional annotation of expressed sequence tags as a tool to understand the molecular mechanism controlling flower bud development in tree peony. Physiol Plant. 2009;135:436-49 pubmed publisher..All the analysis and information will be valuable resources for a better understanding of this important plant and also can be used for functional study in Paeoniaceae...
- Xiao H, Tang J, Li Y, Wang W, Li X, Jin L, et al. STAMENLESS 1, encoding a single C2H2 zinc finger protein, regulates floral organ identity in rice. Plant J. 2009;59:789-801 pubmed publisher..The functional divergence between SL1 and JAG implies that SL1 was co-opted for its distinctive roles in specification of floral organ identity in rice after the lineage split from Arabidopsis. ..
- Ouyang S, Liu Y, Liu P, Lei G, He S, Ma B, et al. Receptor-like kinase OsSIK1 improves drought and salt stress tolerance in rice (Oryza sativa) plants. Plant J. 2010;62:316-29 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that OsSIK1 plays important roles in salt and drought stress tolerance in rice, through the activation of the antioxidative system. ..
- Deng Y, Dong H, Mu J, Ren B, Zheng B, Ji Z, et al. Arabidopsis histidine kinase CKI1 acts upstream of histidine phosphotransfer proteins to regulate female gametophyte development and vegetative growth. Plant Cell. 2010;22:1232-48 pubmed publisher..These results define a genetic pathway consisting of CKI1, AHPs, and type-B ARRs in the regulation of female gametophyte development and vegetative growth. ..
- Li W, Zhang X, Xia C, Deng Y, Ye D. MALE GAMETOPHYTE DEFECTIVE 1, encoding the FAd subunit of mitochondrial F1F0-ATP synthase, is essential for pollen formation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2010;51:923-35 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that MGP1 plays important roles in pollen formation, possibly by regulating the activity of mitochondrial F(1)F(0)-ATP synthase in Arabidopsis pollen grains. ..
- Xia C, Wang Y, Li W, Chen Y, Deng Y, Zhang X, et al. The Arabidopsis eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3, subunit F (AteIF3f), is required for pollen germination and embryogenesis. Plant J. 2010;63:189-202 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that AteIF3f might play important roles in Arabidopsis cell growth and differentiation in combination with eIF3e and eIF3h. ..
- Xin H, Zhang H, Chen L, Li X, Lian Q, Yuan X, et al. Cloning and characterization of HsfA2 from Lily (Lilium longiflorum). Plant Cell Rep. 2010;29:875-85 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that LlHsfA2 is a novel and functional HsfA2, involved in heat signaling pathway in lily and useful for improvement of thermotolerance in transgenic plants...