Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on plant diseases in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: plant diseases
Publications197 found, 100 shown here
- Wang L, Pei Z, Tian Y, He C. OsLSD1, a rice zinc finger protein, regulates programmed cell death and callus differentiation. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2005;18:375-84 pubmed publisher..OsLSD1 green fluorescent protein fusion protein was located in the nucleus of tobacco cells. Our results suggest that OsLSD1 plays a negative role in regulating plant PCD, whereas it plays a positive role in callus differentiation...
- Liu X, Zhang Z, Liu Y, Xin Z. Molecular evidence of barley yellow dwarf virus replication/movement suppressed by the resistance gene Bdv2. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2005;32:942-7 pubmed..These results showed at molecular level that the replication and/or movement of BYDV-GAV were strongly suppressed in YW642, presumably owing to the action of the BdV2 gene...
- Rong W, Qi L, Wang J, Du L, Xu H, Wang A, et al. Expression of a potato antimicrobial peptide SN1 increases resistance to take-all pathogen Gaeumannomyces graminis var. tritici in transgenic wheat. Funct Integr Genomics. 2013;13:403-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SN1 may be a potentially transgenic tool for improving the take-all resistance of wheat. ..
- Sun W, Dong X, Xu D, Meng J, Fu X, Wang X, et al. Preparative Separation of Main Ustilaginoidins from Rice False Smut Balls by High-Speed Counter-Current Chromatography. Toxins (Basel). 2016;8: pubmed publisher..The structures of the purified ustilaginoidins were characterized by means of physicochemical and spectrometric analysis. ..
- Zhang Y, Pei X, Zhang C, Lu Z, Wang Z, Jia S, et al. De novo foliar transcriptome of Chenopodium amaranticolor and analysis of its gene expression during virus-induced hypersensitive response. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45953 pubmed publisher..amaranticolor, a Chenopodium species widely used as laboratory indicator for pathogenic viruses, in order to facilitate the characterization of the HR-type of virus resistance...
- Li N, Wang X, Zhou G, Dong J. Molecular variability of the coat protein gene of Potato virus Y from tobacco in China. Acta Virol. 2006;50:107-13 pubmed..6%. The highest identity was observed in the C-terminal half of the CP protein, where only 11 amino acid differences could be observed, in contrast to the N-terminal half with 22 differences. ..
- Jing B, Xu S, Xu M, Li Y, Li S, Ding J, et al. Brush and spray: a high-throughput systemic acquired resistance assay suitable for large-scale genetic screening. Plant Physiol. 2011;157:973-80 pubmed publisher..Like transgenic plants overexpressing CAMTA3, camta3-3D mutant plants exhibit compromised SAR and enhanced susceptibility to virulent pathogens, suggesting that CAMTA3 is a critical regulator of both basal resistance and SAR...
- Zhao J, Guo L, Zeng H, Yang X, Yuan J, Shi H, et al. Purification and characterization of a novel antimicrobial peptide from Brevibacillus laterosporus strain A60. Peptides. 2012;33:206-11 pubmed publisher..89, 0.60 and 21.96 ?g ml(-1), respectively. ..
- Wang Q, Zhang Y, Hou Y, Wang P, Zhou S, Ma X, et al. Purification, characterization of a CkChn134 protein from Cynanchum komarovii seeds and synergistic effect with CkTLP against Verticillium dahliae. Protein Sci. 2012;21:865-75 pubmed publisher..dahliae than either transgene alone. The results suggest that the CkChn134 is a good candidate protein or gene, and it had a potential synergistic effect with CkTLP for contributing to the development of disease-resistant crops. ..
- Liu W, Nie H, Wang S, Li X, He Z, Han C, et al. Mapping a resistance gene in wheat cultivar Yangfu 9311 to yellow mosaic virus, using microsatellite markers. Theor Appl Genet. 2005;111:651-7 pubmed
- Huang S, Li R, Zhang Z, Li L, Gu X, Fan W, et al. The genome of the cucumber, Cucumis sativus L. Nat Genet. 2009;41:1275-81 pubmed publisher..We also identify 686 gene clusters related to phloem function. The cucumber genome provides a valuable resource for developing elite cultivars and for studying the evolution and function of the plant vascular system. ..
- Liu T, Li L, Wang Y, Zhan G, Liu B. Differential expression profiles of Alternaria alternate genes in response to carbonyl sulfide fumigation. J Microbiol. 2010;48:480-5 pubmed publisher..These results provide an overview of differential expression profiles of A. alternata genes following COS treatment and some new clues about the mechanism of COS fungitoxicity. ..
- Ren R, Wang M, Chen X, Zhang Z. Characterization and molecular mapping of Yr52 for high-temperature adult-plant resistance to stripe rust in spring wheat germplasm PI 183527. Theor Appl Genet. 2012;125:847-57 pubmed publisher..5 ± 6.75 cM apart. The gene in PI 183527 was therefore designed as Yr52. This new gene and flanking markers should be useful in developing wheat cultivars with high-level and possible durable resistance to stripe rust. ..
- Ge B, Li Q, Liu G, Lu M, Li S, Wang H. Simultaneous detection and identification of four viruses infecting pepino by multiplex RT-PCR. Arch Virol. 2013;158:1181-7 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the new multiplex RT-PCR method has potential to be used routinely for surveys of pepino for virus infection. ..
- Cui J, Wang C, Guo S, Xiao P, Wang M. Stimulation of dragon's blood accumulation in Dracaena cambodiana via fungal inoculation. Fitoterapia. 2013;87:31-6 pubmed publisher..This stimulation may be considered as a defense response of D. cambodiana tree against the invasion of foreign fungi. Thus, this study provides a potential way of producing dragon's blood via the inoculation of two fungal elicitors...
- Zhao K, Shen X, Yuan H, Liu Y, Liao X, Wang Q, et al. Isolation and characterization of dehydration-responsive element-binding factor 2C (MsDREB2C) from Malus sieversii Roem. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:1415-30 pubmed publisher..Deletion analysis identified the regulatory regions responsible for the plant's response to drought (-831 to -680), ABA (-831 to -680 and -335 to -148), salt (-831 to -335), cold (-1,317 to -831 and -335 to -148) and heat (-335 to -148)...
- Yang L, Ding W, Xu Y, Wu D, Li S, Chen J, et al. New Insights into the Antibacterial Activity of Hydroxycoumarins against Ralstonia solanacearum. Molecules. 2016;21:468 pubmed publisher..The present findings demonstrated that hydroxycoumarins have superior antibacterial activity against the phytopathogen R. solanacearum, and thus have the potential to be applied for controlling plant bacterial wilt. ..
- Adams M, Adkins S, Bragard C, Gilmer D, Li D, MacFarlane S, et al. ICTV Virus Taxonomy Profile: Virgaviridae. J Gen Virol. 2017;98:1999-2000 pubmed publisher..This is a summary of the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) Report on the taxonomy of the Virgaviridae, which is available at www.ictv.global/report/virgaviridae. ..
- Zhen X, Li Y. Ultrastructural changes and location of beta-1, 3-glucanase in resistant and susceptible cotton callus cells in response to treatment with toxin of Verticillium dahliae and salicylic acid. J Plant Physiol. 2004;161:1367-77 pubmed..Coupled with an increase in beta-1,3-glucanase, cellular integrity is maintained and damage to cell wall and plasma membrane is avoided. ..
- Zhao H, Li G, Wang J. The accumulation of phytoalexin in cucumber plant after stress. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2005;43:187-93 pubmed..The results suggest that stress induced resistance and accumulation of phytoalexin of plant is required for the adhesion of plant cell wall-plasma membrane. ..
- Jiang G, Xia Z, Zhou Y, Wan J, Li D, Chen R, et al. Testifying the rice bacterial blight resistance gene xa5 by genetic complementation and further analyzing xa5 (Xa5) in comparison with its homolog TFIIAgamma1. Mol Genet Genomics. 2006;275:354-66 pubmed..The structural analysis indicates that xa5 and Xa5 potentially retain their basic transcription factor function, which, in turn, may mediate the novel pathway for bacterial blight resistance and susceptibility, respectively. ..
- Shao N, Huang H, Meng K, Luo H, Wang Y, Yang P, et al. Cloning, expression, and characterization of a new phytase from the phytopathogenic bacterium Pectobacterium wasabiae DSMZ 18074. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2008;18:1221-6 pubmed..0 and 50 degrees C, respectively. The Km value was 0.17 mM, with a Vmax of 1,714 micromol/min/mg. This is the first report of the identification and isolation of phytase from Pectobacterium...
- Chen L, Zhang Z, Liang H, Liu H, Du L, Xu H, et al. Overexpression of TiERF1 enhances resistance to sharp eyespot in transgenic wheat. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:4195-204 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the overexpression of TiERF1 enhances resistance to sharp eyespot in transgenic wheat lines by activating PR genes primarily in the ethylene-dependent pathway. ..
- Gao L, Ma Q, Liu Y, Xin Z, Zhang Z. Molecular characterization of the genomic region harboring the BYDV-resistance gene Bdv2 in wheat. J Appl Genet. 2009;50:89-98 pubmed publisher..This study created a starting point for eventual cloning of the Bdv2 gene and understanding the defense mechanism. ..
- Li G, Fang T, Zhang H, Xie C, Li H, Yang T, et al. Molecular identification of a new powdery mildew resistance gene Pm41 on chromosome 3BL derived from wild emmer (Triticum turgidum var. dicoccoides). Theor Appl Genet. 2009;119:531-9 pubmed publisher..Since no designated powdery mildew resistance gene has been found on chromosome 3BL, the resistance gene derived from wild emmer accession IW2 appears to be new one and was consequently designated Pm41. ..
- Ma Q, Tian B, Li Y. Overexpression of a wheat jasmonate-regulated lectin increases pathogen resistance. Biochimie. 2010;92:187-93 pubmed publisher..Ta-JA1 and its homologues in maize, rice, sorghum and creeping bentgrass may represent a new type of monocot lectin with a modular structure and diversity of physiological functions in biotic and abiotic stress responses. ..
- Zhang H, Zhang Z, van der Lee T, Chen W, Xu J, Xu J, et al. Population genetic analyses of Fusarium asiaticum populations from barley suggest a recent shift favoring 3ADON producers in southern China. Phytopathology. 2010;100:328-36 pubmed publisher..The impact of the changed agronomy and trade of cereal commodities on the spread of the new Fusarium population and the consequent increase of FHB observed in southern China are discussed. ..
- Xiang T, Zong N, Zhang J, Chen J, Chen M, Zhou J. BAK1 is not a target of the Pseudomonas syringae effector AvrPto. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2011;24:100-7 pubmed publisher..Here, we provide new evidence further supporting that FLS2 but not BAK1 is targeted by AvrPto in plants. The AvrPto-FLS2 interaction prevented the phosphorylation of BIK1, a downstream component of the FLS2 pathway. ..
- Zhao C, Waalwijk C, de Wit P, van der Lee T, Tang D. EBR1, a novel Zn(2)Cys(6) transcription factor, affects virulence and apical dominance of the hyphal tip in Fusarium graminearum. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2011;24:1407-18 pubmed publisher..Similar to EBR1, FOXG_05408 is localized in the nucleus of F. oxysporum f. sp. lycopersici. Possible functions of EBR1 and its relation with other fungal transcription factors are discussed. ..
- Mao L, Wang Q, Yan D, Xie H, Li Y, Guo M, et al. Evaluation of the combination of 1,3-dichloropropene and dazomet as an efficient alternative to methyl bromide for cucumber production in China. Pest Manag Sci. 2012;68:602-9 pubmed publisher..All of the treatments were significantly better than the non-treated control. The results indicate that the tested combination of 1,3-D and DZ offers an efficient alternative to methyl bromide for cucumber production. ..
- Gao Z, Wei J, Yang Y, Zhang Z, Xiong H, Zhao W. Identification of conserved and novel microRNAs in Aquilaria sinensis based on small RNA sequencing and transcriptome sequence data. Gene. 2012;505:167-75 pubmed publisher..The highly accumulated miRNA of asi-miR408 implied miRNAs would be functional as well as miRNAs in plants. ..
- Cui Y, Lee M, Huo N, Bragg J, Yan L, Yuan C, et al. Fine mapping of the Bsr1 barley stripe mosaic virus resistance gene in the model grass Brachypodium distachyon. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38333 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the RILs and their associated genetic map, when combined with the complete genomic sequence of Brachypodium, provide new resources for genetic analyses of many other traits. ..
- Mou H, Lu J, Zhu S, Lin C, Tian G, Xu X, et al. Transcriptomic analysis of Paulownia infected by Paulownia witches'-broom Phytoplasma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77217 pubmed publisher..Our systematic analysis provides comprehensive transcriptomic data about plants infected by Phytoplasma. This information will help further our understanding of the detailed interaction mechanisms between plants and Phytoplasma. ..
- Wu Q, Sun R, Ni M, Yu J, Li Y, Yu C, et al. Identification of a novel fungus, Trichoderma asperellum GDFS1009, and comprehensive evaluation of its biocontrol efficacy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179957 pubmed publisher..Future studies should focus on these antimicrobial metabolites for facilitating widespread application in the field of agricultural bio-control. ..
- Zhang Z, Xin Z, Larkin P. Molecular characterization of a Thinopyrum intermedium group 2 chromosome (2Ai-2) conferring resistance to barley yellow dwarf virus. Genome. 2001;44:1129-35 pubmed..The study establishes the basis for selecting translocation lines with small segments of the 2Ai-2 chromosome and localizing the BYDV resistance gene when introgressed into a wheat background...
- Yao H, Tian S. Effects of a biocontrol agent and methyl jasmonate on postharvest diseases of peach fruit and the possible mechanisms involved. J Appl Microbiol. 2005;98:941-50 pubmed..expansum in peach fruit. The inhibitory mechanism was mainly because of resistance induced in peach fruit by MeJA and C. laurentii. In addition, direct inhibition of MeJA on P. expansum also played a role in controlling blue mould. ..
- Qu J, Ye J, Fang R. Artificial microRNA-mediated virus resistance in plants. J Virol. 2007;81:6690-9 pubmed..Together, our data demonstrate that expression of virus-specific artificial miRNAs is an effective and predictable new approach to engineering resistance to CMV and, possibly, to other plant viruses as well. ..
- Liu H, Wei C, Zhong Y, Li Y. Rice black-streaked dwarf virus outer capsid protein P10 has self-interactions and forms oligomeric complexes in solution. Virus Res. 2007;127:34-42 pubmed
- Bi W, Yang J, Gao W. [Effect of organic amendments on soil fungi community and continuous cropping Panax quinquefolium]. Zhong Yao Cai. 2008;31:951-4 pubmed..To study the effect of different organic amendments treated replant soil and to find the relations between the soil fungi community and the growth of Panax quinquefolium L. seedling...
- Li Y, Li S, Bi D, Cheng Y, Li X, Zhang Y. SRFR1 negatively regulates plant NB-LRR resistance protein accumulation to prevent autoimmunity. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1001111 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that SRFR1 functions together with SGT1 to negatively regulate R protein accumulation, which is required for preventing auto-activation of plant immunity. ..
- Zheng C, Choquer M, Zhang B, Ge H, Hu S, Ma H, et al. LongSAGE gene-expression profiling of Botrytis cinerea germination suppressed by resveratrol, the major grapevine phytoalexin. Fungal Biol. 2011;115:815-32 pubmed publisher..cinerea germlings. We propose a hypothetical model of cross talk between B. cinerea germinating conidia and resveratrol-producing grapevine at the very early steps of infection. ..
- Xiang H, Dong S, Shang Q, Zhou C, Li D, Yu J, et al. Molecular characterization of two genotypes of a new polerovirus infecting brassicas in China. Arch Virol. 2011;156:2251-5 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, there were two genotypes of BrYV, which mainly differed in the 5'-terminal half of the genome. ..
- Cao Y, Shi Y, Li Y, Cheng Y, Zhou T, Fan Z. Possible involvement of maize Rop1 in the defence responses of plants to viral infection. Mol Plant Pathol. 2012;13:732-43 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it was demonstrated that the heterologous expression of ZmRop1 impaired Potato virus X infection in Nicotiana benthamiana plants. These data suggest that ZmRop1 may play a role in plant defence responses to viral infection...
- Kong L, Yang J, Li G, Qi L, Zhang Y, Wang C, et al. Different chitin synthase genes are required for various developmental and plant infection processes in the rice blast fungus Magnaporthe oryzae. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002526 pubmed publisher..oryzae, and provided potential new leads in the control of this devastating pathogen by targeting specific chitin synthases...
- Wang Z, Yan S, Liu C, Chen F, Wang T. Proteomic analysis reveals an aflatoxin-triggered immune response in cotyledons of Arachis hypogaea infected with Aspergillus flavus. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:2739-53 pubmed publisher..With the PAMP- and effector-triggered immune responses, this immunity constitutes the third immune response of the immune system in peanut cotyledon cells. The system is also a three-grade coevolution of plant-pathogen interaction. ..
- Liu F, Wang X, Liu Y, Xie J, Gray S, Zhou G, et al. A Chinese isolate of barley yellow dwarf virus-PAV represents a third distinct species within the PAV serotype. Arch Virol. 2007;152:1365-73 pubmed..These data suggest that PAV-CN may have undergone a recombination event with GAV and that PAV-CN represents a third distinct species within the PAV serotype of BYDV...
- Li X, Wang X, Zhang S, Liu D, Duan Y, Dong W. Identification of soybean microRNAs involved in soybean cyst nematode infection by deep sequencing. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39650 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that miRNA paly important role in soybean response to SCN and have important implications for further identification of miRNAs under pathogen stress. ..
- Wang X, Zhang Z, Zhang Q, Liu Y, Xin Z. [Construction, characterization and screening of a transformation-competent artificial chromosome (TAC) library of wheat-Thinopyrum intermedium translocation line with resistance to barley yellow dwarf virus]. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2002;29:712-8 pubmed..intermidium. These results showed evidences that the 10 clones could be used as candidate clones for isolation of BYDV resistance and its related genes, and the TAC library is a useful resource for isolating genes. ..
- Wang Z, Fang S, Zhang Z, Han C, Li D, Yu J. Development of an ID-ELISA for the detection of Rice black-streaked dwarf virus in plants. J Virol Methods. 2006;134:61-5 pubmed..Based on the results, we conclude that efficient and economic detection of RBSDV can be performed routinely using polyclonal antiserum against P10 expressed in prokaryotic cells...
- Li C, Zhao J, Jiang H, Wu X, Sun J, Zhang C, et al. The wound response mutant suppressor of prosystemin-mediated responses6 (spr6) is a weak allele of the tomato homolog of CORONATINE-INSENSITIVE1 (COI1). Plant Cell Physiol. 2006;47:653-63 pubmed
- Zhou Z, Li G, Lin C, He C. Conidiophore stalk-less1 encodes a putative zinc-finger protein involved in the early stage of conidiation and mycelial infection in Magnaporthe oryzae. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2009;22:402-10 pubmed publisher..oryzae. ..
- Tian J, Zhang X, Liang B, Li S, Wu Z, Wang Q, et al. Expression of baculovirus anti-apoptotic genes p35 and op-iap in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) enhances tolerance to verticillium wilt. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14218 pubmed publisher..Verticillium dahliae can trigger plant cells to die through induction of a PCD mechanism involved in pathogenesis. This paper provides a potential strategy for engineering broad-spectrum necrotrophic disease resistance in plants. ..
- Zhu C, Wang Y, Li Y, Bhatti K, Tian Y, Wu J. Overexpression of a cotton cyclophilin gene (GhCyp1) in transgenic tobacco plants confers dual tolerance to salt stress and Pseudomonas syringae pv. tabaci infection. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2011;49:1264-71 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggest that GhCyp1 may be a suitable candidate gene to produce transgenic plants with tolerance to abiotic and biotic stresses...
- Zhao Y, Wei T, Yin K, Chen Z, Gu H, Qu L, et al. Arabidopsis RAP2.2 plays an important role in plant resistance to Botrytis cinerea and ethylene responses. New Phytol. 2012;195:450-60 pubmed publisher..2-3 rap2.12-1 ctr1 triple mutants. • Our findings demonstrate that RAP2.2 functions as an important regulator in Botrytis resistance and ethylene responses...
- Zhang X, Wu Q, Ren J, Qian W, He S, Huang K, et al. Two novel RING-type ubiquitin ligases, RGLG3 and RGLG4, are essential for jasmonate-mediated responses in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:808-22 pubmed publisher..syringae pv tomato DC3000, and wounding in a COI1-dependent manner. Taken together, these results indicate that the ubiquitin ligases RGLG3 and RGLG4 are essential upstream modulators of JA signaling in response to various stimuli. ..
- Liu J, Ding P, Sun T, Nitta Y, Dong O, Huang X, et al. Heterotrimeric G proteins serve as a converging point in plant defense signaling activated by multiple receptor-like kinases. Plant Physiol. 2013;161:2146-58 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that the Arabidopsis heterotrimeric G proteins function as a converging point of plant defense signaling by mediating responses initiated by multiple RLKs, which may fulfill equivalent roles to GPCRs in fungi and animals. ..
- Shi H, Shen Q, Qi Y, Yan H, Nie H, Chen Y, et al. BR-SIGNALING KINASE1 physically associates with FLAGELLIN SENSING2 and regulates plant innate immunity in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:1143-57 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that BSK1 is involved in positive regulation of PTI. Together with previous findings, our work indicates that BSK1 represents a key component directly involved in both BR signaling and plant immunity...
- Pan H, Chen G, Li F, Wu Q, Wang S, Xie W, et al. Tomato spotted wilt virus infection reduces the fitness of a nonvector herbivore on pepper. J Econ Entomol. 2013;106:924-8 pubmed..tabaci developmental time but did not affect the insect's survival or female body lengths. Our results demonstrate that TSWV infection can decrease the fitness of B. tabaci biotype Q on pepper plants. ..
- He Z, Yasaka R, Li W, Li S, Ohshima K. Genetic structure of populations of sugarcane streak mosaic virus in China: Comparison with the populations in India. Virus Res. 2016;211:103-16 pubmed publisher..Our genetic study of a poacevirus population in South Asia regions indicates the importance of the evolutionary-based design to control viruses. ..
- Wu Y, Deng Z, Lai J, Zhang Y, Yang C, Yin B, et al. Dual function of Arabidopsis ATAF1 in abiotic and biotic stress responses. Cell Res. 2009;19:1279-90 pubmed publisher..Transgenic plants overexpressing ATAF1 were hypersensitive to oxidative stress, suggesting that reactive oxygen intermediates may be related to ATAF1-mediated signaling in response to both pathogen and abiotic stresses. ..
- Zhang X, Du P, Lu L, Xiao Q, Wang W, Cao X, et al. Contrasting effects of HC-Pro and 2b viral suppressors from Sugarcane mosaic virus and Tomato aspermy cucumovirus on the accumulation of siRNAs. Virology. 2008;374:351-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, HC-Pro, an RNA silencing suppressor encoded by SCMV, regulates the accumulation of different siRNAs and has more than one target in the RNA silencing pathway...
- Gao F, Zhou B, Li G, Jia P, Li H, Zhao Y, et al. A glutamic acid-rich protein identified in Verticillium dahliae from an insertional mutagenesis affects microsclerotial formation and pathogenicity. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15319 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings indicate that insertional mutagenesis by ATMT is a valuable tool for the genome-wide analysis of gene function and identification of pathogenicity genes in this important cotton pathogen. ..
- He Z, Jiang D, Liu A, Sang L, Li W, Li S. The complete sequence of Cymbidium mosaic virus from Vanilla fragrans in Hainan, China. Virus Genes. 2011;42:440-3 pubmed publisher..67-96.61% identities with previously reported sequences. Phylogenetic analysis suggested that CymMV from vanilla fragrans was clustered into subgroup A and the isolates in this subgroup displayed little regional difference...
- Zheng Y, Sheng J, Zhao R, Zhang J, Lv S, Liu L, et al. Preharvest L-arginine treatment induced postharvest disease resistance to Botrysis cinerea in tomato fruits. J Agric Food Chem. 2011;59:6543-9 pubmed publisher..71, 0.94, 0.97, and 0.87, respectively. These results indicate that arginine induces disease resistance via its effects on NO biosynthesis and defensive enzyme activity. ..
- Wang B, Yang X, Zeng H, Liu H, Zhou T, Tan B, et al. The purification and characterization of a novel hypersensitive-like response-inducing elicitor from Verticillium dahliae that induces resistance responses in tobacco. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2012;93:191-201 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that elicitor-PevD1 triggers defense responses in intact tobacco plants. ..
- Liu D, Chen X, Liu J, Ye J, Guo Z. The rice ERF transcription factor OsERF922 negatively regulates resistance to Magnaporthe oryzae and salt tolerance. J Exp Bot. 2012;63:3899-911 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that OsERF922 is integrated into the cross-talk between biotic and abiotic stress-signalling networks perhaps through modulation of the ABA levels...
- Zhang Z, Liu X, Wang X, Zhou M, Zhou X, Ye X, et al. An R2R3 MYB transcription factor in wheat, TaPIMP1, mediates host resistance to Bipolaris sorokiniana and drought stresses through regulation of defense- and stress-related genes. New Phytol. 2012;196:1155-70 pubmed publisher..sorokiniana and drought stresses by regulation of stress-related genes in ABA- and SA-signaling pathways in wheat. Furthermore, TaPIMP1 may provide a transgenic tool for engineering multiple-resistance wheat in breeding programs...
- Du Q, Duan C, Zhang Z, Fang Y, Fang R, Xie Q, et al. DCL4 targets Cucumber mosaic virus satellite RNA at novel secondary structures. J Virol. 2007;81:9142-51 pubmed..This result reveals that viral RNA of diverse structures may stimulate antiviral DCL activities in plant cells...
- Zhao K, Liu Y, Wang X. Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification of DNA for detection of Barley yellow dwarf viruses in China. J Virol Methods. 2010;169:211-4 pubmed publisher..This relatively simple and sensitive technique showed excellent potential with field-collected samples and for use in grassroots agencies in developing countries with limited resources. ..
- Pan H, Liu S, Tang D. The THO/TREX complex functions in disease resistance in Arabidopsis. Plant Signal Behav. 2012;7:422-4 pubmed publisher..Further characterization of the components of THO/TREX in Arabidopsis will provide new insights into the role of THO/TREX in defense responses in plants. ..
- Tao Y, Jiang L, Liu Q, Zhang Y, Zhang R, Ingvardsen C, et al. Combined linkage and association mapping reveals candidates for Scmv1, a major locus involved in resistance to sugarcane mosaic virus (SCMV) in maize. BMC Plant Biol. 2013;13:162 pubmed publisher..These results pave the way towards cloning of Scmv1 and facilitate marker-assisted selection for potyvirus resistance in maize. ..
- Zhao W, Yang P, Kang L, Cui F. Different pathogenicities of Rice stripe virus from the insect vector and from viruliferous plants. New Phytol. 2016;210:196-207 pubmed publisher..This study not only presented a convenient method to mechanically inoculate RSV into plants, but also provided insights into the different pathogenic mechanisms of RSV from the insect vector and from viruliferous plants. ..
- Chan Z, Wang Q, Xu X, Meng X, Qin G, Li B, et al. Functions of defense-related proteins and dehydrogenases in resistance response induced by salicylic acid in sweet cherry fruits at different maturity stages. Proteomics. 2008;8:4791-807 pubmed publisher..It further indicated that antioxidant proteins were involved in the resistance response of fruits at every maturity stage, while heat shock proteins and dehydrogenases might potentially act as factors only at later maturity stages. ..
- Pan H, Lu Y, Wyckhuys K, Wu K. Preference of a polyphagous mirid bug, Apolygus lucorum (Meyer-Dür) for flowering host plants. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68980 pubmed publisher..Also, our work helps understand evolutionary aspects of host plant use in polyphagous insects such as A. lucorum, and provides baseline information for the development of sustainable management strategies of this key agricultural pest. ..
- Li W, Zhu Z, Chern M, Yin J, Yang C, Ran L, et al. A Natural Allele of a Transcription Factor in Rice Confers Broad-Spectrum Blast Resistance. Cell. 2017;170:114-126.e15 pubmed publisher..Our discovery highlights this novel allele as a strategy for breeding durable resistance in rice. ..
- Zhang Y, Cheng Y, Qu N, Zhao Q, Bi D, Li X. Negative regulation of defense responses in Arabidopsis by two NPR1 paralogs. Plant J. 2006;48:647-56 pubmed
- Du S, Wang M, Zhu W, Qin Z. A new fungicidal lactone from Xylocarpus granatum (Meliaceae). Nat Prod Res. 2009;23:1316-21 pubmed publisher..At a concentration of 20 microg mL(-1), the new lactone gave a 67.4% inhibition rate against wheat powdery mildew...
- Bi Y, Cui X, Lu X, Cai M, Liu X, Hao J. Baseline sensitivity of natural population and resistance of mutants in Phytophthora capsici to zoxamide. Phytopathology. 2011;101:1104-11 pubmed publisher..There was no cross resistance between zoxamide and either flumorph, metalaxyl, azoxystrobin, or etridiazole. Based on the results above, P. capsici can develop resistance to zoxamide, and the risk is predicted to be moderate in nature. ..
- Lu J, Du Z, Kong J, Chen L, Qiu Y, Li G, et al. Transcriptome analysis of Nicotiana tabacum infected by Cucumber mosaic virus during systemic symptom development. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43447 pubmed publisher..This information will help further our understanding of the detailed mechanisms of plant responses to viral infection. ..
- Wang L, Jiang D, Niu F, Lu M, Wang H, Li S. Complete nucleotide sequences of two isolates of cherry green ring mottle virus from peach (Prunus persica) in China. Arch Virol. 2013;158:707-10 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analysis indicated that CGRMV isolates from peach and cherry are closely related to members of the genus Foveavirus...
- Jia J, Zhao S, Kong X, Li Y, Zhao G, He W, et al. Aegilops tauschii draft genome sequence reveals a gene repertoire for wheat adaptation. Nature. 2013;496:91-5 pubmed publisher..This draft genome sequence provides insight into the environmental adaptation of bread wheat and can aid in defining the large and complicated genomes of wheat species...
- Zhao W, Lu L, Yang P, Cui N, Kang L, Cui F. Organ-specific transcriptome response of the small brown planthopper toward rice stripe virus. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2016;70:60-72 pubmed publisher..These findings provide clues on the roles of the two organs in confronting RSV infection and aid in the understanding of the interaction between RSV and SBPHs. ..