Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nucleosomes in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
- Liu X, Dang Y, Matsu ura T, He Y, He Q, Hong C, et al. DNA Replication Is Required for Circadian Clock Function by Regulating Rhythmic Nucleosome Composition. Mol Cell. 2017;67:203-213.e4 pubmed publisher..Together, these results establish circadian clock and cell cycle as interdependent coupled oscillators and identify DNA replication as a critical process in the circadian mechanism. ..
- Liu X, Li M, Xia X, Li X, Chen Z. Mechanism of chromatin remodelling revealed by the Snf2-nucleosome structure. Nature. 2017;544:440-445 pubmed publisher..Snf2 locally deforms nucleosomal DNA at the site of binding, priming the substrate for the remodelling reaction. Together, these findings provide mechanistic insights into chromatin remodelling. ..
- Yang J, Zhang X, Feng J, Leng H, Li S, Xiao J, et al. The Histone Chaperone FACT Contributes to DNA Replication-Coupled Nucleosome Assembly. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1128-1141 pubmed publisher..Therefore, FACT collaborates with CAF-1 and Rtt106 in RC nucleosome assembly. ..
- Song F, Chen P, Sun D, Wang M, Dong L, Liang D, et al. Cryo-EM study of the chromatin fiber reveals a double helix twisted by tetranucleosomal units. Science. 2014;344:376-80 pubmed publisher..The asymmetric binding and the location of histone H1 in chromatin play a role in the formation of the 30-nanometer fiber. Our results provide mechanistic insights into how nucleosomes compact into higher-order chromatin fibers. ..
- Yuan W, Wu T, Fu H, Dai C, Wu H, Liu N, et al. Dense chromatin activates Polycomb repressive complex 2 to regulate H3 lysine 27 methylation. Science. 2012;337:971-5 pubmed publisher..We propose that PRC2 can sense the chromatin environment to exert its role in the maintenance of transcriptional states. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang H, Chen Y, Sun Y, Yang F, Yu W, et al. LSD1 is a subunit of the NuRD complex and targets the metastasis programs in breast cancer. Cell. 2009;138:660-72 pubmed publisher..By enlisting LSD1, the NuRD complex expands its chromatin remodeling capacity to include ATPase, histone deacetylase, and histone demethylase. ..
- Chen K, Meng Q, Ma L, Liu Q, Tang P, Chiu C, et al. A novel DNA sequence periodicity decodes nucleosome positioning. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:6228-36 pubmed publisher..We conclude that this novel DNA sequence periodicity is a signature of nucleosome organization suggesting that nucleosomes are well-positioned with regularity, especially near the 5'-end of transcripts. ..
- Lu Z, Zhou J, Wang X, Guan Z, Bai H, Liu Z, et al. Nucleosomes correlate with in vivo progression pattern of de novo methylation of p16 CpG islands in human gastric carcinogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35928 pubmed publisher..Nucleosomes may function as the basic extension/progression unit of de novo methylation of p16 CpG islands in vivo. ..
- Yang D, Fang Q, Wang M, Ren R, Wang H, He M, et al. N?-acetylated Sir3 stabilizes the conformation of a nucleosome-binding loop in the BAH domain. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:1116-8 pubmed publisher..By X-ray crystallography, we show here that the acetylated N terminus of Sir3 does not interact with the nucleosome directly. Instead, it stabilizes a nucleosome-binding loop in the BAH domain. ..
- Yang X, Yu W, Shi L, Sun L, Liang J, Yi X, et al. HAT4, a Golgi apparatus-anchored B-type histone acetyltransferase, acetylates free histone H4 and facilitates chromatin assembly. Mol Cell. 2011;44:39-50 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that HAT4 is an important player in the organization and function of the genome and may contribute to the diversity and complexity of higher eukaryotic organisms. ..
- Lu L, Li L, Lv X, Wu X, Liu D, Liang C. Modulations of hMOF autoacetylation by SIRT1 regulate hMOF recruitment and activities on the chromatin. Cell Res. 2011;21:1182-95 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a dynamic interplay between SIRT1 and hMOF in regulating H4K16 acetylation. ..
- Li R, Zhang H, Yu W, Chen Y, Gui B, Liang J, et al. ZIP: a novel transcription repressor, represses EGFR oncogene and suppresses breast carcinogenesis. EMBO J. 2009;28:2763-76 pubmed publisher..These findings may shed new light on the EGFR-related breast carcinogenesis and might offer a potential new target for breast cancer therapy. ..