Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nonmammalian embryo in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: nonmammalian embryo
- Wang H, Kang L. Effect of cooling rates on the cold hardiness and cryoprotectant profiles of locust eggs. Cryobiology. 2005;51:220-9 pubmed..8 degrees C min(-1)). Earlier stage embryos were much more sensitive than later stage embryos to the same cooling rates. Time spent at subzero temperatures also had a strong influence on egg survival. ..
- Wei W, Wen L, Huang P, Zhang Z, Chen Y, Xiao A, et al. Gfi1.1 regulates hematopoietic lineage differentiation during zebrafish embryogenesis. Cell Res. 2008;18:677-85 pubmed publisher..1 plays a critical role in regulating the balance of embryonic erythroid and myeloid lineage determination, and is also required for the differentiation of lymphocytes and granulocytes during zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- Huang H, Lu F, Jia S, Meng S, Cao Y, Wang Y, et al. Amotl2 is essential for cell movements in zebrafish embryo and regulates c-Src translocation. Development. 2007;134:979-88 pubmed..These data provide the first evidence that amotl2 is essential for cell movements in vertebrate embryos. ..
- Yuan Y, Lin S, Zhu Z, Zhang W, Lai Z. The mob as tumor suppressor (mats1) gene is required for growth control in developing zebrafish embryos. Int J Dev Biol. 2009;53:525-33 pubmed publisher..This work shows that zebrafish can be a good model organism for further analysis of Hippo signaling pathway. ..
- Yang H, Xiang J, Wang N, Zhao Y, Hyman J, Li S, et al. Converse conformational control of smoothened activity by structurally related small molecules. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:20876-84 pubmed publisher..Our study represents the first demonstration of conformational regulation of Smo by small molecule analogs, and the combinational use of these Smo modulators in a temporal controlled fashion should be useful for studying Hh biology. ..
- Zhao C, He X, Tian C, Meng A. Two GC-rich boxes in huC promoter play distinct roles in controlling its neuronal specific expression in zebrafish embryos. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;342:214-20 pubmed..Further studies are needed to identify specific Sp1-like transcription factors that bind to these GC boxes and activate huC transcription. ..
- Zhao C, Qi J, Meng A. Characterization and expression pattern of two zebrafish atf7 genes. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:1157-62 pubmed..In contrast, atf7b is maternally expressed and during embryogenesis its mRNA is ubiquitously distributed, showing an expression pattern similar to that of mammalian Atf7. ..
- Li Y, Liu T, Peng Y, Yuan C, Guo A. Specific functions of Drosophila amyloid precursor-like protein in the development of nervous system and nonneural tissues. J Neurobiol. 2004;61:343-58 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that both mAPPL and sAPPL play essential roles in the development of the central nervous system and nonneural tissues. ..
- Jia S, Ren Z, Li X, Zheng Y, Meng A. smad2 and smad3 are required for mesendoderm induction by transforming growth factor-beta/nodal signals in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:2418-26 pubmed..Thus, our data reveal that Nodal signaling and mesendoderm induction depend on Smad2/3 and suggest that transforming growth factor-beta signals other than Nodal also contribute to Smad2/3 signaling and embryonic patterning. ..
- Liu Y, Lupo G, Marchitiello A, Gestri G, He R, Banfi S, et al. Expression of the Xvax2 gene demarcates presumptive ventral telencephalon and specific visual structures in Xenopus laevis. Mech Dev. 2001;100:115-8 pubmed..In addition, Xvax1b is transcribed in the ventral hypothalamus and in the hypophysis, whereas a strong Xvax2 expression is retained in the ventral portion of the mature retina. ..
- Li X, Jia S, Wang S, Wang Y, Meng A. Mta3-NuRD complex is a master regulator for initiation of primitive hematopoiesis in vertebrate embryos. Blood. 2009;114:5464-72 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Mta3-NuRD complex is essential for the initiation of primitive hematopoiesis. Thus, our findings provide new insight into the regulatory hierarchy of primitive hematopoiesis in vertebrates. ..
- Wang Y, Fu Y, Gao L, Zhu G, Liang J, Gao C, et al. Xenopus skip modulates Wnt/beta-catenin signaling and functions in neural crest induction. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:10890-901 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that SKIP is a novel component of the beta-catenin transcriptional complex...
- Zhao X, Zhao L, Tian T, Zhang Y, Tong J, Zheng X, et al. Interruption of cenph causes mitotic failure and embryonic death, and its haploinsufficiency suppresses cancer in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:27924-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings uncover an essential role of cenph in mitosis and embryonic development and its association with tumor development. ..
- Zhang L, Zhou H, Su Y, Sun Z, Zhang H, Zhang L, et al. Zebrafish Dpr2 inhibits mesoderm induction by promoting degradation of nodal receptors. Science. 2004;306:114-7 pubmed..Dpr2 is localized in late endosomes, binds to the TGFbeta receptors ALK5 and ALK4, and accelerates lysosomal degradation of these receptors. ..