Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mitochondria in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Publications212 found, 100 shown here
- Lin R, Zhao H, Li C, Sun Y, Qian X, Wang S. Proteomic analysis of ionizing radiation-induced proteins at the subcellular level. J Proteome Res. 2009;8:390-9 pubmed publisher..It is feasible that the differential proteins identified in this study have a biological significance and may provided clues for understanding the mechanism of injury in liver induced by irradiation. ..
- Liu Y, Kintner D, Begum G, Algharabli J, Cengiz P, Shull G, et al. Endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ signaling and mitochondrial Cyt c release in astrocytes following oxygen and glucose deprivation. J Neurochem. 2010;114:1436-46 pubmed publisher..Collective stimulation of Na+-K+-Cl(-) cotransporter isoform 1 and reverse mode function of Na+/Ca2+ exchanger contributes to these changes. ..
- Yuan H, Zhang X, Huang X, Lu Y, Tang W, Man Y, et al. NADPH oxidase 2-derived reactive oxygen species mediate FFAs-induced dysfunction and apoptosis of ?-cells via JNK, p38 MAPK and p53 pathways. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15726 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a new insight of the NOX2 as a potential new therapeutic target for preservation of ?-cell mass and function. ..
- Yang X, Chen Z, Xu T, Qu Z, Pan X, Qin X, et al. Arabidopsis kinesin KP1 specifically interacts with VDAC3, a mitochondrial protein, and regulates respiration during seed germination at low temperature. Plant Cell. 2011;23:1093-106 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the plant-specific kinesin, KP1, specifically interacts with VDAC3 on the mitochondrial outer membrane and that both KP1 and VDAC3 regulate aerobic respiration during seed germination at low temperature. ..
- Cui J, Bai X, Shi S, Cui S, Hong Q, Cai G, et al. Age-related changes in the function of autophagy in rat kidneys. Age (Dordr). 2012;34:329-39 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that autophagic function decreases with age in the kidneys of Fischer 344 rats, and autophagy may mediate the process of kidney aging, leading to the accumulation of damaged mitochondria. ..
- Jiang L, Wang S, Li H, Zhang G, Li H. EMBRYONIC FACTOR 31 encodes a tyrosyl-tRNA synthetase that is essential for seed development. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:8297-305 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that FAC31 is essential for the seed development through regulation the expanding of embryo sac and proliferation of endosperm nucleolus. ..
- Hou T, Zhang X, Xu J, Jian C, Huang Z, Ye T, et al. Synergistic triggering of superoxide flashes by mitochondrial Ca2+ uniport and basal reactive oxygen species elevation. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:4602-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, physiological levels of mitochondrial Ca(2+) and ROS synergistically regulate stochastic mPTP opening and quantal ROS production in intact cells, marking the flash as a coincidence detector of mitochondrial Ca(2+) and ROS signals. ..
- Peng B, Chang Q, Wang L, Hu Q, Wang Y, Tang J, et al. Suppression of human ovarian SKOV-3 cancer cell growth by Duchesnea phenolic fraction is associated with cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. Gynecol Oncol. 2008;108:173-81 pubmed..All together, these data sustain our contention that DPF has anticancer properties and merits further investigation as a potential therapeutic agent. ..
- Lu D, Lian H, Zhang X, Shao H, Huang L, Qin C, et al. LMNA E82K mutation activates FAS and mitochondrial pathways of apoptosis in heart tissue specific transgenic mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15167 pubmed publisher..It could be a potential therapeutic means to suppress and/or prevent inappropriate cardiac cell death in patients carrying LMNA mutation. ..
- Zhou M, Xiao J, Bian S, Li Y, Niu L, Hu H, et al. Molecular approaches identify known species, reveal cryptic species and verify host specificity of Chinese Philotrypesis (Hymenoptera: Pteromalidae). Mol Ecol Resour. 2012;12:598-606 pubmed publisher..Both markers reveal cryptic species in P. quadrisetosa on Ficus vasculosa. Most species of wasps live on one species of fig but three species co-occur in two hosts (F. microcarpa and F. benjamina), which indicates host switching. ..
- Xie H, Guan J, Borrelli L, Xu J, Serrano Pozo A, Bacskai B. Mitochondrial alterations near amyloid plaques in an Alzheimer's disease mouse model. J Neurosci. 2013;33:17042-51 pubmed publisher..These alterations may contribute to neuronal network dysfunction and warrant further investigation as possible targets for therapeutic intervention in AD. ..
- Ma M, Zhao H, Zhao H, Binari R, Perrimon N, Li Z. Wildtype adult stem cells, unlike tumor cells, are resistant to cellular damages in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2016;411:207-216 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate that wildtype adult stem cells and tumor cells show dramatic differences in sensitivity to cellular damages, thus providing potential therapeutic implications targeting tumorigenesis. ..
- Sheng W, Zhang Y, Li Y, Wu X, Chai L, Yue L, et al. EFFECT OF YISHENJIANPI RECIPE ON SEMEN QUALITY AND SPERM MITOCHONDRIA IN MICE WITH OLIGOASTHENOZOOSPERMIA INDUCED BY TRIPTERYGIUM GLYCOSIDES. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2017;14:87-95 pubmed publisher..In the treatment groups, this structure was fairly clear. YSJP improved semen quality with oligoasthenozoospermia by improving sperm mitochondrial membrane potential and restoring sperm mitochondrial ultrastructure. ..
- Ma W, Zhang D, Hou Y, Li Y, Sun Q, Sun X, et al. Reduced expression of MAD2, BCL2, and MAP kinase activity in pig oocytes after in vitro aging are associated with defects in sister chromatid segregation during meiosis II and embryo fragmentation after activation. Biol Reprod. 2005;72:373-83 pubmed..These events in turn cause abnormal sister chromatid segregation during meiosis II, embryo fragmentation, and apoptosis. ..
- Tong T, Ji J, Jin S, Li X, Fan W, Song Y, et al. Gadd45a expression induces Bim dissociation from the cytoskeleton and translocation to mitochondria. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:4488-500 pubmed..These findings identify a novel link that connects stress protein Gadd45a to the apoptotic machinery and address the importance of cytoskeletal stability in apoptotic response to DNA damage. ..
- Ni C, Wang H, Xu T, Qu Z, Liu G. AtKP1, a kinesin-like protein, mainly localizes to mitochondria in Arabidopsis thaliana. Cell Res. 2005;15:725-33 pubmed..The AtKP1 protein could not be released following a 0.6 M KI washing, indicating that AtKP1 is tightly bind to mitochondria and might function associated with this kind of organelles. ..
- Han H, Pan Q, Zhang B, Li J, Deng X, Lian Z, et al. 4-NQO induces apoptosis via p53-dependent mitochondrial signaling pathway. Toxicology. 2007;230:151-63 pubmed
- Meng Y, Li Y, Li J, Li H, Fu J, Liu Y, et al. (-)Gossypol and its combination with imatinib induce apoptosis in human chronic myeloid leukemic cells. Leuk Lymphoma. 2007;48:2204-12 pubmed..These results suggest that (-)gossypol induced apoptosis in K562 cells through a mitochondria pathway and that the combination of imatinib and (-)gossypol might be an effective treatment for CML. ..
- Huang X, Zhu W, Dai S, Gai S, Zheng G, Zheng C. The involvement of mitochondrial phosphate transporter in accelerating bud dormancy release during chilling treatment of tree peony (Paeonia suffruticosa). Planta. 2008;228:545-52 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that the product of PsMPT is a MPT and might play an important role during the release of bud dormancy in tree peony...
- Wu Y, Guan W, Zhao Q, He X, Pu Y, Huo J, et al. A fine map for maternal lineage analysis by mitochondrial hypervariable region in 12 Chinese goat breeds. Anim Sci J. 2009;80:372-80 pubmed publisher..Multiple lines of evidence from this study and previous studies indicate that for Chinese goats mtDNA lineage B originated from the southwestern region of China. ..
- Bai X, Ma Y, Ding R, Fu B, Shi S, Chen X. miR-335 and miR-34a Promote renal senescence by suppressing mitochondrial antioxidative enzymes. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;22:1252-61 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results suggest that miRNAs may contribute to renal aging by inhibiting intracellular pathways such as those involving the mitochondrial antioxidative enzymes SOD2 and Txnrd2. ..
- Zhao P, Han Y. Low incidence of positive smooth muscle antibody and high incidence of isolated IgM elevation in Chinese patients with autoimmune hepatitis and primary biliary cirrhosis overlap syndrome: a retrospective study. BMC Gastroenterol. 2012;12:1 pubmed publisher..If it was difficult to make a definite diagnosis, liver biopsy was necessary. ..
- Hong Q, Qi K, Feng Z, Huang Z, Cui S, Wang L, et al. Hyperuricemia induces endothelial dysfunction via mitochondrial Na+/Ca2+ exchanger-mediated mitochondrial calcium overload. Cell Calcium. 2012;51:402-10 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a new pathophysiological mechanism for UA-induced endothelial dysfunction and may offer a new therapeutic target for clinicians. ..
- Wang S, Wang Y, Su Y, Zhou W, Yang S, Zhang R, et al. Rutin inhibits ?-amyloid aggregation and cytotoxicity, attenuates oxidative stress, and decreases the production of nitric oxide and proinflammatory cytokines. Neurotoxicology. 2012;33:482-90 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the actions of rutin on multiple pathogenic factors deserves further investigation for the prevention and treatment of AD. ..
- Zhao L, Zhang W, Chen M, Zhang J, Zhang M, Dai K. Aspirin Induces platelet apoptosis. Platelets. 2013;24:637-42 pubmed publisher..In addition, platelets incubated with cyclooxygenase inhibitor indomethacin did not incur ??m depolarazation and PS exposure. Taken together, the data indicate that aspirin induces platelet apoptosis via caspase-3 activation. ..
- Guo R, Wang Y, Shi W, Liu B, Hou S, Liu L. MicroRNA miR-491-5p targeting both TP53 and Bcl-XL induces cell apoptosis in SW1990 pancreatic cancer cells through mitochondria mediated pathway. Molecules. 2012;17:14733-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results demonstrated that miR491-5p could effectively target both Bcl-xL and TP53 and induce cell apoptosis independent of TP53. ..
- Zhai A, Zhu X, Wang X, Chen R, Wang H. Secalonic acid A protects dopaminergic neurons from 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium (MPP?)-induced cell death via the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway. Eur J Pharmacol. 2013;713:58-67 pubmed publisher..SAA may rescue dopaminergic neurons from MPP(+)-induced cell death through the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway. ..
- Liu Y, Yang H, Zuo F, Chen L. The VHL short variant involves in protein quality control. Gene. 2016;589:63-71 pubmed publisher..In summary, VHLs contributes to protein quality control in addition to its canonical function in maintaining homeostasis of hypoxia-induced factors alpha subunit (HIF?) in response to environmental oxygen supply. ..
- Wu M, Xu L, Li X, Zhai Z, Shu H. AMID, an apoptosis-inducing factor-homologous mitochondrion-associated protein, induces caspase-independent apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:25617-23 pubmed..Furthermore, AMID-induced apoptosis was independent of caspase activation and p53 and was not inhibited by Bcl-2. These findings suggest that AMID induces a novel caspase-independent apoptotic pathway. ..
- Sun F, Huo X, Zhai Y, Wang A, Xu J, Su D, et al. Crystal structure of mitochondrial respiratory membrane protein complex II. Cell. 2005;121:1043-57 pubmed..The Complex II structure provides a bona fide model for study of the mitochondrial respiratory system and human mitochondrial diseases related to mutations in this complex. ..
- Guang H, Du G. High-throughput screening for monoamine oxidase-A and monoamine oxidase-B inhibitors using one-step fluorescence assay. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2006;27:760-6 pubmed..71+/-0.03 and 0.75+/-0.03 in MAO-A-inhibitor and MAO-B-inhibitor HTS system, respectively. The established assays can be well applied to MAO-A and MAO-B inhibitor screening with high quality, precision and reproducibility. ..
- Yu Z, Liang Y, Xiao H, Shan Y, Dong B, Huang R, et al. Melissoidesin G, a diterpenoid purified from Isodon melissoides, induces leukemic-cell apoptosis through induction of redox imbalance and exhibits synergy with other anticancer agents. Int J Cancer. 2007;121:2084-94 pubmed..Together, we proposed that MOG alone or administered with other anticancer agents may provide a novel therapeutic strategy for leukemia...
- Li Y, Ge X, Liu X. The cardioprotective effect of postconditioning is mediated by ARC through inhibiting mitochondrial apoptotic pathway. Apoptosis. 2009;14:164-72 pubmed publisher..Our data for the first time demonstrate that ARC plays an essential role in mediating the cardioprotective effect of postconditioning against apoptosis initiated by the mitochondrial pathway. ..
- Tan X, Liu X, Wang W, Jia D, Chen L, Zhang X, et al. Mutations in the Arabidopsis nuclear-encoded mitochondrial phage-type RNA polymerase gene RPOTm led to defects in pollen tube growth, female gametogenesis and embryogenesis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2010;51:635-49 pubmed publisher..All these data indicate that RPOTm is important for normal pollen tube growth, female gametogenesis and embryo development, and has distinct genetic and molecular roles in plant development, which cannot be replaced by RPOTmp. ..
- Cui Z, Hou J, Chen X, Li J, Xie Z, Xue P, et al. The profile of mitochondrial proteins and their phosphorylation signaling network in INS-1 beta cells. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:2898-908 pubmed publisher..We present integrated resources including the protein composition and signaling pathways of mitochondria which can be used to understand the role of mitochondria in GSIS. ..
- Sun M, Gu Y, Zhao Y, Xu C. Protective functions of taurine against experimental stroke through depressing mitochondria-mediated cell death in rats. Amino Acids. 2011;40:1419-29 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrated that preserving the mitochondrial function and blocking the mitochondria-mediated cell death pathway may be one mechanism of taurine's action against brain ischemia. ..
- Huang H, Xu K, Jiang Z. Curcumin-mediated neuroprotection against amyloid-?-induced mitochondrial dysfunction involves the inhibition of GSK-3?. J Alzheimers Dis. 2012;32:981-96 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of GSK-3? is involved in the protection of curcumin against A?-induced mitochondrial dysfunction. ..
- Zhou Q, Li Y, Jin J, Lang L, Zhu Z, Fang W, et al. Lx2-32c, a novel taxane derivative, exerts anti-resistance activity by initiating intrinsic apoptosis pathway in vitro and inhibits the growth of resistant tumor in vivo. Biol Pharm Bull. 2012;35:2170-9 pubmed..It also displayed robust anti-paclitaxel-resistance activity in vivo. Therefore, these findings provide new insight into the strategy to overcome resistance by manipulating dysregulated apoptosis pathway. ..
- Lu L, Zhang C, Cai Q, Lu Q, Duan C, Zhu Y, et al. Voltage-dependent anion channel involved in the ?-synuclein-induced dopaminergic neuron toxicity in rats. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2013;45:170-8 pubmed publisher..Over-expression of ?-syn may cause the degeneration of dopaminergic neurons through an interaction with mitochondrial VDAC1, which leads to mPTP activation, mitochondrial uncoupling, and cell death. ..
- Wang N, Kimball R, Braun E, Liang B, Zhang Z. Assessing phylogenetic relationships among galliformes: a multigene phylogeny with expanded taxon sampling in Phasianidae. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64312 pubmed publisher..Despite the novel insights obtained by combining increased sampling of taxa and loci, our results suggest that additional data collection will be necessary to solve the remaining uncertainties...
- Cai X, Bao L, Ren J, Li Y, Zhang Z. Grape seed procyanidin B2 protects podocytes from high glucose-induced mitochondrial dysfunction and apoptosis via the AMPK-SIRT1-PGC-1Î± axis in vitro. Food Funct. 2016;7:805-15 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, GSPB2 protected podocytes from high glucose-induced mitochondrial dysfunction and apoptosis via the AMPK-SIRT1-PGC-1Î± axis in vitro, suggesting a potential role of GSPB2 in the treatment of DN. ..
- Lu Z, Tao Y, Zhou Z, Zhang J, Li C, Ou L, et al. Mitochondrial reactive oxygen species and nitric oxide-mediated cancer cell apoptosis in 2-butylamino-2-demethoxyhypocrellin B photodynamic treatment. Free Radic Biol Med. 2006;41:1590-605 pubmed..The results suggested that both ROS and NO played important roles in the apoptosis-induced by PDT. ..
- Miao Q, Sun Y, Wei T, Zhao X, Zhao K, Yan L, et al. Chymotrypsin B cached in rat liver lysosomes and involved in apoptotic regulation through a mitochondrial pathway. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:8218-28 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate for the first time that chymotrypsin B is not only restricted to the pancreas but can function intracellularly as a pro-apoptotic protease. ..
- Li S, Jia Y, Sun W, Tang Y, An G, Ni J, et al. Stabilization of mitochondrial function by tetramethylpyrazine protects against kainate-induced oxidative lesions in the rat hippocampus. Free Radic Biol Med. 2010;48:597-608 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that TMP may protect against oxidative brain injury by stabilization of mitochondrial function through quenching of ROS. ..
- Wang X, Li Y, Yao H, Ju R, Zhang Y, Li R, et al. The use of mitochondrial targeting resveratrol liposomes modified with a dequalinium polyethylene glycol-distearoylphosphatidyl ethanolamine conjugate to induce apoptosis in resistant lung cancer cells. Biomaterials. 2011;32:5673-87 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, mitochondrial targeting resveratrol liposomes would provide a potential strategy to treat the intrinsic resistant lung cancers by inducing apoptosis via mitochondria signaling pathway. ..
- Qin G, Liu J, Cao B, Li B, Tian S. Hydrogen peroxide acts on sensitive mitochondrial proteins to induce death of a fungal pathogen revealed by proteomic analysis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21945 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that mitochondrial impairment due to functional alteration of oxidative stress-sensitive proteins is associated with fungal death caused by H(2)O(2). ..
- Hou N, Wang J, Li Z, Cao Y, Fan K, Yang X. [Cardiomycyte overexpression of miR-27b resulted in cardiac fibrosis and mitochondria injury in mice]. Yi Chuan. 2012;34:326-34 pubmed..In addition, defects in ultrastructral architecture were also found in miR-27b trans-genic mice. The above results demonstrated that miR-27b might promote cardiac fibrosis through inhibiting MMP13. ..
- Yang R, Zhao G, Liang S, Zhang Y, Sun L, Chen H, et al. Mitofilin regulates cytochrome c release during apoptosis by controlling mitochondrial cristae remodeling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;428:93-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, mitofilin distinctly functions in cristae remodeling and controls cytochrome c release during apoptosis. ..
- Feng Y, Li W, Li J, Wang J, Ge J, Xu D, et al. Structural insight into the type-II mitochondrial NADH dehydrogenases. Nature. 2012;491:478-82 pubmed publisher..Together our data reveal the regulatory and catalytic mechanisms of Ndi1 and may facilitate the development or targeting of NDH-2s for potential therapeutic applications. ..
- Su Y, Duan J, Ying Z, Hou Y, Zhang Y, Wang R, et al. Increased vulnerability of parkin knock down PC12 cells to hydrogen peroxide toxicity: the role of salsolinol and NM-salsolinol. Neuroscience. 2013;233:72-85 pubmed publisher..We assume that parkin deficiency is the trigger of excessive oxidative stress, elevated endogenous neurotoxin levels and mitochondrial damage, which eventually results in cell death of dopaminergic cells. ..
- Shen E, Song C, Lin Y, Zhang W, Su P, Liu W, et al. Mitoflash frequency in early adulthood predicts lifespan in Caenorhabditis elegans. Nature. 2014;508:128-32 pubmed publisher..elegans lifespan across genetic, environmental and stochastic factors. They also support the notion that the rate of ageing, although adjustable in later life, has been set to a considerable degree before reproduction ceases. ..
- Tang J, Chen Z, Sun B, Dong J, Liu J, Zhou H, et al. Polyhydroxylated fullerenols regulate macrophage for cancer adoptive immunotherapy and greatly inhibit the tumor metastasis. Nanomedicine. 2016;12:945-954 pubmed publisher..In this study, the authors investigated the effects of polyhydroxylated fullerenol nanoparticles on regulating macrophages for immunotherapy. These positive findings may point a novel way to cancer treatment. ..
- Yang W, Li X, Li X, Li X, Yu S. Neuronal hemoglobin in mitochondria is reduced by forming a complex with Î±-synuclein in aging monkey brains. Oncotarget. 2016;7:7441-54 pubmed publisher..The above results suggest that Î±-syn forms a complex with nHb in selected regions of the aging brain, thereby decreasing mitochondrial function and increasing the risk of PD. ..
- Hayakawa K, Esposito E, Wang X, Terasaki Y, Liu Y, Xing C, et al. Transfer of mitochondria from astrocytes to neurons after stroke. Nature. 2016;535:551-5 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a new mitochondrial mechanism of neuroglial crosstalk that may contribute to endogenous neuroprotective and neurorecovery mechanisms after stroke. ..
- Martínez Martín N, Maldonado P, Gasparrini F, Frederico B, Aggarwal S, Gaya M, et al. A switch from canonical to noncanonical autophagy shapes B cell responses. Science. 2017;355:641-647 pubmed publisher..Thus, B cell activation prompts a temporal switch from canonical to noncanonical autophagy that is important in controlling B cell differentiation and fate. ..
- Wang X, Xu J. Salvianic acid A protects human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells against MPP+-induced cytotoxicity. Neurosci Res. 2005;51:129-38 pubmed..These data indicated that SA might provide a useful therapeutic strategy for the treatment of progressive neurodegenerative disease such as Parkinson's disease...
- Jin C, Wang Y, Han W, Zhang Y, He Q, Li D, et al. CMTM8 induces caspase-dependent and -independent apoptosis through a mitochondria-mediated pathway. J Cell Physiol. 2007;211:112-20 pubmed..These data implicate CMTM8 as a negative regulator of EGF-induced signaling, with potential use as a novel therapeutic gene for EGFR-targeted anticancer gene therapy. ..
- Hu Q, Pan R, Wang L, Peng B, Tang J, Liu X. Platycodon grandiflorum induces apoptosis in SKOV3 human ovarian cancer cells through mitochondrial-dependent pathway. Am J Chin Med. 2010;38:373-86 pubmed..The data indicate that PGE may have anti-tumor effect mainly via caspase-3 and caspase-9 dependent apoptotic pathway...
- Niu J, Yu M, Wang C, Xu Z. Leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 disturbs mitochondrial dynamics via Dynamin-like protein. J Neurochem. 2012;122:650-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results provide insights into the pathobiology of LRRK2 and suggest that LRRK2 G2019S may induce neuronal dysfunction or cell death by disturbing normal mitochondrial fission/fusion dynamics and function. ..
- Zhang Y, Ma H, Xie B, Han C, Wang C, Qing H, et al. Alpha-synuclein overexpression induced mitochondrial damage by the generation of endogenous neurotoxins in PC12 cells. Neurosci Lett. 2013;547:65-9 pubmed publisher..The presence of endogenous neurotoxins exacerbated ?-synuclein induced mitochondrial damage. These results suggest that the endogenous neurotoxins may become a bridge between ?-synuclein and cell death. ..
- Ma S, Zhang X, Zheng L, Li Z, Zhao X, Lai W, et al. Peroxiredoxin 6 Is a Crucial Factor in the Initial Step of Mitochondrial Clearance and Is Upstream of the PINK1-Parkin Pathway. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2016;24:486-501 pubmed publisher..Our study provides new insight into the initial regulatory mechanisms of mitophagy and reveals the protective role of PRDX6 in the clearance of damaged mitochondria. ..
- Liu M, Yue P, Wang Z, Wong R. Methyl protodioscin induces G2/M arrest and apoptosis in K562 cells with the hyperpolarization of mitochondria. Cancer Lett. 2005;224:229-41 pubmed..Taken together, these data demonstrated that methyl protodioscin inhibits K562 cell proliferation via G2/M arrest and apoptosis, with mitochondrial hyperpolarization and the disruption of Ca2+ homeostasis playing important roles. ..
- Peng L, Men X, Zhang W, Wang H, Xu S, Xu M, et al. Dynamin-related protein 1 is implicated in endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced pancreatic ?-cell apoptosis. Int J Mol Med. 2011;28:161-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that DRP-1 mediates ER stress-induced pancreatic ?-cell apoptosis. ..
- Zhao D, Zhang Z, Harrison J, Kang L. Genome-wide analysis of transcriptional changes in the thoracic muscle of the migratory locust, Locusta migratoria, exposed to hypobaric hypoxia. J Insect Physiol. 2012;58:1424-31 pubmed publisher..Our research provides a different perspective of biological responses to hypoxia, complementing the well-studied biological responses to extreme, normobaric hypoxia...
- Zhang H, Liu D, Wang X, Chen X, Long Y, Chai W, et al. Melatonin improved rat cardiac mitochondria and survival rate in septic heart injury. J Pineal Res. 2013;55:1-6 pubmed publisher..In septic rats, melatonin increased the CcOX activity, improved heart systolic function, and lowered mortality rate. The clinical use of melatonin in septic myocardial depression should be tested in the future. ..
- Zhang J, Cao Q, Li S, Lu X, Zhao Y, Guan J, et al. 3-Hydroxybutyrate methyl ester as a potential drug against Alzheimer's disease via mitochondria protection mechanism. Biomaterials. 2013;34:7552-62 pubmed publisher..Combined with the in vitro and in vivo results, HBME was proposed to be a drug candidate against AD, its working mechanism appeared to be mediated by various effects of protecting mitochondrial damages. ..
- Zhang C, Wang C, Tang S, Sun Y, Zhao D, Zhang S, et al. TNFR1/TNF-? and mitochondria interrelated signaling pathway mediates quinocetone-induced apoptosis in HepG2 cells. Food Chem Toxicol. 2013;62:825-38 pubmed publisher..Taken together, quinocetone induced apoptosis in HepG2 cells via activation of caspase, interaction of TNF-? and TNFR1 and modulation of the protein levels of Bid, Bax and Bcl-2, involving the participation of p53, p38 and JNK. ..
- Zhou J, Sun Y, Zhao X, Deng Z, Pu X. 3-O-demethylswertipunicoside inhibits MPP?-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis in PC12 cells. Brain Res. 2013;1508:53-62 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that 3-ODS might has applications as a complementary medicine for the treatment of Parkinson's disease (PD) or other neurodegenerative diseases...
- He L, Han J, Li B, Huang L, Ma K, Chen Q, et al. Identification of a new cyathane diterpene that induces mitochondrial and autophagy-dependent apoptosis and shows a potent inÂ vivo anti-colorectal cancer activity. Eur J Med Chem. 2016;111:183-92 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study identified a new fungal diterpene that exhibited anticancer activity via induction of mitochondria and autophagy-dependent apoptosis in HCT116Â cells. ..
- Lu C, Li L, Zhou W, Zhao J, Wang Y, Peng S. Silica nanoparticles and lead acetate co-exposure triggered synergistic cytotoxicity in A549 cells through potentiation of mitochondria-dependent apoptosis induction. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;52:114-120 pubmed publisher..Factorial analyses revealed synergistic interactions were responsible for the potentiation of joint apoptotic responses. ..
- Qiao Z, Lai W, Lin Y, Li D, Nan X, Wang Y, et al. Polymer-KLAK Peptide Conjugates Induce Cancer Cell Death through Synergistic Effects of Mitochondria Damage and Autophagy Blockage. Bioconjug Chem. 2017;28:1709-1721 pubmed publisher..Hence, P-KLAK might induce U87 cell death by autophagy blockage due to lysosome impairment as well as mitochondria damage synergistically...
- Zheng Y, Zhong L, Shen X. Effect of selenium-supplement on the calcium signaling in human endothelial cells. J Cell Physiol. 2005;205:97-106 pubmed..The results suggest that cell calcium signaling is subjected to thiol-redox regulation by selenoproteins. ..
- Zhou Z, Zhao C, Liu W, Li Q, Zhang L, Sheng W, et al. Involvement of the mitochondria-caspase pathway in HeLa cell death induced by 2-ethanolamino-2-demethoxy-17-ethanolimino-hypocrellin B (EAHB)-mediated photodynamic therapy. Int J Toxicol. 2012;31:483-92 pubmed publisher..The results suggested that EAHB-PDT treatment induced apoptosis in HeLa cells, and the cellular apoptosis involved a mitochondria-/caspase-dependent mechanism. ..
- Zhang S, Fu J, Zhou Z. Changes in the brain mitochondrial proteome of male Sprague-Dawley rats treated with manganese chloride. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2005;202:13-7 pubmed..And the changes of 60-kDa heat shock protein and ATP-dependent Ca(2+) pump PMR1 expression indicate that the Ca homeostasis and stress effect were involved in Mn intoxicity. ..
- Zhang H, Zhong C, Shi L, Guo Y, Fan Z. Granulysin induces cathepsin B release from lysosomes of target tumor cells to attack mitochondria through processing of bid leading to Necroptosis. J Immunol. 2009;182:6993-7000 pubmed publisher..Cathepsin B silencing and Bid or Bax/Bak deficiency resists granulysin-induced cytochrome c and apoptosis-activating factor release and is less susceptible to cytolysis against target tumor cells. ..
- Zhang Z, Ding Y, Dai X, Wang J, Li Y. Epigallocatechin-3-gallate protects pro-inflammatory cytokine induced injuries in insulin-producing cells through the mitochondrial pathway. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;670:311-6 pubmed publisher..The pro-inflammatory cytokine-induced effects can be prevented by EGCG pretreatment via the mitochondrial pathway. ..
- He J, Shi W, Guo Y, Chai Z. ERp57 modulates mitochondrial calcium uptake through the MCU. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:2087-94 pubmed publisher..When MCU was re-expressed in the ERp57 knockdown cells, mitochondrial calcium uptake was restored. Thus, ERp57 is a potent regulator of mitochondrial calcium homeostasis. ..
- Zheng X, Zhang Y, Zhang L, Xu W, Ma W, Sun R, et al. Synergistic inhibition of sunitinib and ethaselen against human colorectal cancer cells proliferation. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;83:212-220 pubmed publisher..In short, sunitinib plus BBSKE is perhaps a promising strategy for colorectal cancer therapy. ..
- Ye X, Tai W, Zhang D. The early events of Alzheimer's disease pathology: from mitochondrial dysfunction to BDNF axonal transport deficits. Neurobiol Aging. 2012;33:1122.e1-10 pubmed publisher..The modification of the origin in this pathway may contribute to slow down the disease progression of AD. ..
- Lu D, Liu J, Jiao J, Long B, Li Q, Tan W, et al. Transcription factor Foxo3a prevents apoptosis by regulating calcium through the apoptosis repressor with caspase recruitment domain. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:8491-504 pubmed publisher..These findings provided novel evidence that Foxo3a and ARC constitute an anti-apoptotic pathway that regulates calcium homeostasis in the heart. ..
- Wu J, Jing L, Yuan H, Peng S. T-2 toxin induces apoptosis in ovarian granulosa cells of rats through reactive oxygen species-mediated mitochondrial pathway. Toxicol Lett. 2011;202:168-77 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a possible underlying molecular mechanism for T-2 toxin that induces the apoptosis signaling pathway in rat granulosa cells by regulation of ROS-mediated mitochondrial pathway. ..
- Wang Y, Gao D, Chen Z, Li S, Gao C, Cao D, et al. Acridone derivative 8a induces oxidative stress-mediated apoptosis in CCRF-CEM leukemia cells: application of metabolomics in mechanistic studies of antitumor agents. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63572 pubmed publisher..The UPLC/Q-TOF MS based metabolomic approach provides novel insights into the mechanistic studies of antitumor drugs from a point distinct from traditional biological investigations. ..