Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on micrornas in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Publications350 found, 100 shown here
- Chen L, Zhang Y, Ren Y, Xu J, Zhang Z, Wang Y. Genome-wide identification of cold-responsive and new microRNAs in Populus tomentosa by high-throughput sequencing. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;417:892-6 pubmed publisher..These target genes are involved in growth and resistance to various stresses. The results demonstrated that Populus miRNAs play critical roles in the cold stress response. ..
- Pan Y, Zhang Y, Jia T, Zhang K, Li J, Wang L. Development of a microRNA delivery system based on bacteriophage MS2 virus-like particles. FEBS J. 2012;279:1198-208 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that MS2 VLPs can be used as a novel vehicle in miRNA delivery systems, and may have applications in gene therapy...
- Zhang Y, Guo X, Xiong L, Kong X, Xu Y, Liu C, et al. MicroRNA-101 suppresses SOX9-dependent tumorigenicity and promotes favorable prognosis of human hepatocellular carcinoma. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:4362-70 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-101 may suppress HCC tumor progression by down-regulating SOX9. MiR-101 may be a potential prognostic marker and therapeutic target for HCC. ..
- Ji L, Brkić J, Liu M, Fu G, Peng C, Wang Y. Placental trophoblast cell differentiation: physiological regulation and pathological relevance to preeclampsia. Mol Aspects Med. 2013;34:981-1023 pubmed publisher..Several potential biomarkers for preeclampsia have been identified, creating new opportunities for the development of strategies to diagnose, prevent, and treat this disorder. ..
- Teng G, Wang W, Dai Y, Wang S, Chu Y, Li J. Let-7b is involved in the inflammation and immune responses associated with Helicobacter pylori infection by targeting Toll-like receptor 4. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56709 pubmed publisher..pylori induced downregulation of let-7b. Let-7b targets at TLR4 mRNA, and regulates the activation of NF-?B and the expression of the downstream genes related to the inflammation and immune responses in H.pylori infection. ..
- Shuai P, Liang D, Zhang Z, Yin W, Xia X. Identification of drought-responsive and novel Populus trichocarpa microRNAs by high-throughput sequencing and their targets using degradome analysis. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:233 pubmed publisher..Drought is a common stress that limits the growth of plants. To obtain more insight into the role of miRNAs in drought stress, Illumina sequencing of Populus trichocarpa sRNAs was implemented...
- Ma Y, Wang B, Jiang F, Wang D, Liu H, Yan Y, et al. A feedback loop consisting of microRNA 23a/27a and the ?-like globin suppressors KLF3 and SP1 regulates globin gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:3994-4007 pubmed publisher..Hence, a positive feedback loop comprised of KLF3 and miR-23a promotes the expression of ?-like globin genes and the miR-23a?27a?24-2 cluster during erythropoiesis. ..
- Yang Y, Wang L, Wang H, Guo Z, Gao X, Cen J, et al. The epigenetically-regulated miR-663 targets H-ras in K-562 cells. FEBS J. 2013;280:5109-17 pubmed publisher..Over-expression of miR-663 may suppress proliferation of the k-562 cell line in part by enhancing cell apoptosis. ..
- Sun Y, Jin X, Zhang T, Jia C, Chen J. [MiR-150-5p inhibits the proliferation and promoted apoptosis of pancreatic cancer cells]. Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi. 2013;42:460-4 pubmed publisher..01). MiR-150-5p is down-regulated in pancreatic cancer. Over-expression of miR-150-5p inhibits cell proliferation, blocked the cell cycle, but promotes cell apoptosis in pancreatic cancer cells. ..
- Li Y, Wang X, Zhang L, Lv X, Su X, Tian S, et al. A SNP in pri-miR-10a is associated with recurrent spontaneous abortion in a Han-Chinese population. Oncotarget. 2016;7:8208-22 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that rs3809783 A > T in pri-miR-10a may be conductive to the genetic predisposition to RSA by disrupting the production of mature miR-10a and reinforcing the expression of Bim. ..
- Tian J, Song Y, Du Q, Yang X, Ci D, Chen J, et al. Population genomic analysis of gibberellin-responsive long non-coding RNAs in Populus. J Exp Bot. 2016;67:2467-82 pubmed publisher..tomentosa lncRNAs and offers insights into the potential functions and regulatory interactions of GA-responsive lncRNAs, thus forming the foundation for future functional analysis of GA-responsive lncRNAs in P. tomentosa. ..
- Zheng J, Xiao X, Zhang Q, Wang T, Yu M, Xu J. Maternal Low-Protein Diet Modulates Glucose Metabolism and Hepatic MicroRNAs Expression in the Early Life of Offspring †. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..Our findings provide novel evidence that maternal LPD can regulate miRNAs expression, which may be associated with chronic inflammation status and metabolic health in offspring as early as the weaning age. ..
- Li Z, Peng Z, Gu S, Zheng J, Feng D, Qin Q, et al. Global Analysis of miRNA-mRNA Interaction Network in Breast Cancer with Brain Metastasis. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4455-4468 pubmed
- Liu Y, Wang X, Jiang J, Cao Z, Yang B, Cheng X. Modulation of T cell cytokine production by miR-144* with elevated expression in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis. Mol Immunol. 2011;48:1084-90 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that miR-144* might involve in regulation of anti-TB immunity through modification of cytokine production and cell proliferation of T cells. ..
- Song L, Gao S, Jiang W, Chen S, Liu Y, Zhou L, et al. Silencing suppressors: viral weapons for countering host cell defenses. Protein Cell. 2011;2:273-81 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss whether RNAi is a defensive strategy in mammalian host cells and whether silencing suppressors can be encoded by mammalian viruses. We also review the modes of action proposed for some silencing suppressors. ..
- Qin W, Dong P, Ma C, Mitchelson K, Deng T, Zhang L, et al. MicroRNA-133b is a key promoter of cervical carcinoma development through the activation of the ERK and AKT1 pathways. Oncogene. 2012;31:4067-75 pubmed publisher..The data indicates that upregulation of miR-133b shortens the latency of cervical carcinoma. Together, these findings suggest that miR-133b could be a potent marker for the early onset of cervical carcinoma. ..
- Sun Y, Yang P, Zhang Y, Bao X, Li J, Hou W, et al. A genome-wide RNAi screen identifies genes regulating the formation of P bodies in C. elegans and their functions in NMD and RNAi. Protein Cell. 2011;2:918-39 pubmed publisher..Our study offers insights into the cellular mechanisms that regulate the formation of P bodies and also provides a framework for system-level understanding of NMD and RNAi in the context of the development of multicellular organisms...
- Tan X, Zhang P, Zhou L, Yin B, Pan H, Peng X. Clock-controlled mir-142-3p can target its activator, Bmal1. BMC Mol Biol. 2012;13:27 pubmed publisher..These findings open new perspective for studying the molecular mechanism of circadian clock. ..
- Xia H, Cao J, Jin X, Ma X. MiR199a is implicated in embryo implantation by regulating Grb10 in rat. Reproduction. 2014;147:91-9 pubmed publisher..Enforced miR199a expression suppresses cell proliferation partially through targeting Grb10. ..
- Li Y, Qiu C, Tu J, Geng B, Yang J, Jiang T, et al. HMDD v2.0: a database for experimentally supported human microRNA and disease associations. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:D1070-4 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, we also maintained the old version of HMDD. By keeping data sets up-to-date, HMDD should continue to serve as a valuable resource for investigating the roles of miRNAs in human disease. ..
- Wang J, Duan L, Guo T, Gao Y, Tian L, Liu J, et al. Downregulation of miR-30c promotes renal fibrosis by target CTGF in diabetic nephropathy. J Diabetes Complications. 2016;30:406-14 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggested that loss of miR-30c may contribute to the pathogenesis of DN by inhibiting target CTGF expression; replenishing miR-30c may ameliorate renal structure and function by reducing renal fibrosis in DN. ..
- Jin X, Yu N. MicroRNA-421 Gene Polymorphism in Gastric Carcinoma. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:1467-71 pubmed..05). CONCLUSIONS G allele of miR-421 is a risk factor for gastric cancer. GG genotype is correlated with lymph node metastasis and prognosis, indicating it is a risk factor for gastric cancer. ..
- Bao X, Ren T, Huang Y, Sun K, Wang S, Liu K, et al. Knockdown of long non-coding RNA HOTAIR increases miR-454-3p by targeting Stat3 and Atg12 to inhibit chondrosarcoma growth. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2605 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data reveal the roles and functional mechanisms of HOTAIR in human chondrosarcoma and suggest that HOTAIR may act as a prognostic biomarker and potential therapeutic target for chondrosarcoma. ..
- Liu C, Wang M, Chen M, Zhang K, Gu L, Li Q, et al. miR-18a induces myotubes atrophy by down-regulating IgfI. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2017;90:145-154 pubmed publisher..These findings strongly support the idea that miR-18a has a functional role in muscle physiology and suggest that miR-18a is a potential novel therapeutic target for skeletal muscle atrophy. ..
- Zheng L, Zhang C, Shi C, Yang Z, Wang Y, Zhou T, et al. Rice stripe virus NS3 protein regulates primary miRNA processing through association with the miRNA biogenesis factor OsDRB1 and facilitates virus infection in rice. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006662 pubmed publisher..Our findings revealed a previously unknown mechanism in which a viral protein hijacks OsDRB1, a key component of the processing complex, for miRNA biogenesis and enhances viral infection and pathogenesis in rice...
- Liu Q, Fu H, Sun F, Zhang H, Tie Y, Zhu J, et al. miR-16 family induces cell cycle arrest by regulating multiple cell cycle genes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:5391-404 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggests that miR-16 family triggers an accumulation of cells in G0/G1 by silencing multiple cell cycle genes simultaneously, rather than the individual target. ..
- Chen R, Hu Z, Zhang H. Identification of microRNAs in wild soybean (Glycine soja). J Integr Plant Biol. 2009;51:1071-9 pubmed publisher..These results provided useful information for miRNA research in wild soybean and plants. ..
- Xu X, Fan Z, Kang L, Han J, Jiang C, Zheng X, et al. Hepatitis B virus X protein represses miRNA-148a to enhance tumorigenesis. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:630-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-148a activation or HPIP inhibition may be a useful strategy for cancer treatment. ..
- Zhao Z, Zhou W, Liu L, Lan T, Zhan Q, Song Y. [Molecular mechanism and effect of microRNA185 on proliferation, migration and invasion of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2013;93:1426-31 pubmed..05). And the expression level of cyclin A1 decreased. After transfection of miR-185 inhibitor,the expression level of E-cadherin decreased. miR-185 may inhibit proliferation, migration and invasion of ESCC through its target gene Six1. ..
- Zhang X, Dong Y, Ti H, Zhao J, Wang Y, Li T, et al. Down-regulation of miR-145 and miR-143 might be associated with DNA methyltransferase 3B overexpression and worse prognosis in endometrioid carcinomas. Hum Pathol. 2013;44:2571-80 pubmed publisher..DNMT3B might be a potential target of miR-145 and miR-143 in ECs. Furthermore, the combined miR-145 or miR-143 and DNMT3B status may have a prognostic impact on ECs. ..
- Li D, Li J. Association of miR-34a-3p/5p, miR-141-3p/5p, and miR-24 in Decidual Natural Killer Cells with Unexplained Recurrent Spontaneous Abortion. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:922-9 pubmed..These findings might contribute to the panel of diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers with clinical utility, and facilitate the development of new strategies for targeted therapy against URSA. ..
- Zhao J, Hua Y, Sun D, Meng X, Xiao H, Ma X. Genome-wide microRNA profiling in human fetal nervous tissues by oligonucleotide microarray. Childs Nerv Syst. 2006;22:1419-25 pubmed..A series of microRNAs were found specifically and higher-expressed in the human fetal nervous system and confirmed consistently by Northern blot, which may play a critical role in nervous system development. ..
- Sun F, Fu H, Liu Q, Tie Y, Zhu J, Xing R, et al. Downregulation of CCND1 and CDK6 by miR-34a induces cell cycle arrest. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:1564-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that the effects of miR-34a on G1 cell cycle arrest are through the down-regulation of CCND1 and CDK6, which is associated with other targets of miR-34a either additively or synergistically. ..
- Chen J, Yang T, Yu H, Sun K, Shi Y, Song W, et al. A functional variant in the 3'-UTR of angiopoietin-1 might reduce stroke risk by interfering with the binding efficiency of microRNA 211. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:2524-33 pubmed publisher..80), P = 0.007]. These results were confirmed in an independent study. Our results provide evidence that the TT genotype (rs2507800) in the 3'-UTR of angiopoietin-1 might reduce the risk of stroke by interfering with miR-211 binding. ..
- Liu L, Luo G, Yang W, Zhao X, Zheng Q, Lv Z, et al. Activation of the imprinted Dlk1-Dio3 region correlates with pluripotency levels of mouse stem cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:19483-90 pubmed publisher..These findings also provide a step forward toward understanding the operating mechanisms during reprogramming to produce iPS cells and can potentially promote the application of iPS cells in regenerative medicine and cancer therapy. ..
- Li J, Xia W, Huang B, Chen L, Su X, Li S, et al. A strategy to rapidly identify the functional targets of microRNAs by combining bioinformatics and mRNA cytoplasmic/nucleic ratios in culture cells. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:3198-202 pubmed publisher..Our method will make a significant contribution to the study of the biological functions of miRNAs...
- Xiong J, Du Q, Liang Z. Tumor-suppressive microRNA-22 inhibits the transcription of E-box-containing c-Myc target genes by silencing c-Myc binding protein. Oncogene. 2010;29:4980-8 pubmed publisher..As c-Myc inhibits the expression of miR-22, we propose a novel positive feedback loop formed by oncogenic c-Myc to accelerate cell proliferation by suppressing miR-22, a potent inhibitor of MYCBP. ..
- Zhuo D, Niu X, Chen Y, Xin D, Guo Y, Mao Z. Vitamin D3 up-regulated protein 1(VDUP1) is regulated by FOXO3A and miR-17-5p at the transcriptional and post-transcriptional levels, respectively, in senescent fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:31491-501 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that VDUP1 expression was regulated by FOXO3A at the transcriptional level and by miR-17-5p at the post-transcriptional levels during the senescence process. ..
- Song Q, Liu Y, Hu X, Zhang W, Ma B, Chen S, et al. Identification of miRNAs and their target genes in developing soybean seeds by deep sequencing. BMC Plant Biol. 2011;11:5 pubmed publisher..Our study provides more information about the regulatory network of miRNAs in soybean and advances our understanding of miRNA functions during seed development. ..
- Wei W, Hu Z, Fu H, Tie Y, Zhang H, Wu Y, et al. MicroRNA-1 and microRNA-499 downregulate the expression of the ets1 proto-oncogene in HepG2 cells. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:701-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-1 and miR-499 may play an important role in the pathogenesis of HCC by regulating ets1. ..
- Tang H, Chen H, Zhang J, Ren J, Xu N. [Application of next generation sequencing in microRNA detection]. Yi Chuan. 2012;34:784-92 pubmed..As NGS develops, the cost of sequencing is declining which makes it possible for NGS to be widely used in the coming years. Next generation sequencing will greatly promote researches of miRNAs. ..
- Bai Y, Yang W, Yang H, Liao Q, Ye G, Fu G, et al. Downregulated miR-195 detected in preeclamptic placenta affects trophoblast cell invasion via modulating ActRIIA expression. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38875 pubmed publisher..Aberrant expression of miR-195 may contribute to the occurrence of preeclampsia through interfering with Activin/Nodal signaling mediated by ActRIIA in human placenta. ..
- Dong C, Wu W, Feng S, Wang X, Shao J, Qiao J. Co-inhibition of microRNA-10b and microRNA-21 exerts synergistic inhibition on the proliferation and invasion of human glioma cells. Int J Oncol. 2012;41:1005-12 pubmed publisher..Moreover, a regulatory strategy based on the combination of miRNA inhibitors may provide insights into the mechanisms of the modulation of signaling genes involved in tumor cell apoptosis and invasiveness. ..
- Ge Y, Pan S, Guan D, Yin H, Fan Y, Liu J, et al. MicroRNA-350 induces pathological heart hypertrophy by repressing both p38 and JNK pathways. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1832:1-10 pubmed publisher..Our data provide the first evidence that miR-350 is a critical regulator of pathological cardiac hypertrophy and apoptosis in rats. ..
- He L, Yao H, Fan L, Liu L, Qiu S, Li X, et al. MicroRNA-181b expression in prostate cancer tissues and its influence on the biological behavior of the prostate cancer cell line PC-3. Genet Mol Res. 2013;12:1012-21 pubmed publisher..As miR-181b is over-expressed in prostate cancer, its down-regulation could have potential as gene therapy for prostate cancer by inducing apoptosis, inhibiting proliferation and depressing invasion by cancer cells. ..
- Huang L, Liu Y, Wang L, Chen R, Ge W, Lin Z, et al. Down-regulation of miR-301a suppresses pro-inflammatory cytokines in Toll-like receptor-triggered macrophages. Immunology. 2013;140:314-22 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study indicates a new mechanism by which miR-301a regulates inflammatory cytokine expression in macrophages, which may clarify the regulatory role of microRNAs in immune-mediated inflammatory responses. ..
- Sun Y, Chen D, Cao L, Zhang R, Zhou J, Chen H, et al. MiR-490-3p modulates the proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells induced by ox-LDL through targeting PAPP-A. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;100:272-9 pubmed publisher..Our results could help us to understand the mechanisms of the pro-atherogenic effects of ox-LDL and the effects of PAPP-A on atherosclerosis development. ..
- Zeng X, Zhang S, Zheng J, Yuan H, Wang Y. Altered miR-143 and miR-150 expressions in peripheral blood mononuclear cells for diagnosis of non-small cell lung cancer. Chin Med J (Engl). 2013;126:4510-6 pubmed..014). It is indicated that there is a potential for using miR-143 as a novel diagnostic biomarker for NSCLC. Moreover, miR-150 can be a highly accurate marker for differentiating adenocarcinoma from squamous cell carcinoma. ..
- Li X, Lian L, Zhang D, Qu L, Yang N. gga-miR-26a targets NEK6 and suppresses Marek's disease lymphoma cell proliferation. Poult Sci. 2014;93:1097-105 pubmed publisher..The results suggested that gga-miR-26a inhibited MSB-1 cell proliferation. Gga-miR-26a and its direct target, NEK6, might play important roles in MDV infection. ..
- Wang J, Li Z, Liu B, Chen G, Shao N, Ying X, et al. Systematic study of cis-antisense miRNAs in animal species reveals miR-3661 to target PPP2CA in human cells. RNA. 2016;22:87-95 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that cis-antisense miRNAs are conservative and functional in animal species including humans. ..
- Cao D, Wang J, Ju Z, Liu Q, Li S, Tian H, et al. Regulations on growth and development in tomato cotyledon, flower and fruit via destruction of miR396 with short tandem target mimic. Plant Sci. 2016;247:1-12 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results revealed novel roles of miR396 in regulating flower and fruit development, and provided a new potential way for improving tomato fruit yield. ..
- Liu Z, Wang J, Li Y, Fan J, Chen L, Xu R. MicroRNA-153 regulates glutamine metabolism in glioblastoma through targeting glutaminase. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317691429 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate an unexpected role of microRNA-153 in regulating glutamine metabolism and strengthen the role of microRNA-153 as a therapeutic target in glioblastoma. ..
- Jia Q, Sun H, Xiao F, Sai Y, Li Q, Zhang X, et al. miR-17-92 promotes leukemogenesis in chronic myeloid leukemia via targeting A20 and activation of NF-?B signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:868-874 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-17-92 will be important resources for developing novel treatment strategies of CML and better understanding long-term disease control. ..
- Shu W, Bo X, Ni M, Zheng Z, Wang S. In silico genetic robustness analysis of microRNA secondary structures: potential evidence of congruent evolution in microRNA. BMC Evol Biol. 2007;7:223 pubmed..The results suggest that the increased robustness of miRNA stem-loops may result from congruent evolution for environment robustness. Potential applications of our findings are also discussed. ..
- Qiu L, Fan H, Jin W, Zhao B, Wang Y, Ju Y, et al. miR-122-induced down-regulation of HO-1 negatively affects miR-122-mediated suppression of HBV. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;398:771-7 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates the anti-HBV activity of miR-122, suggesting that therapies that increase miR-122 and HO-1 may be an effective strategy to limit HBV replication. ..
- Shi B, Gao W, Wang J. Sequence fingerprints of microRNA conservation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48256 pubmed publisher..In addition, the fingerprint found in this study can be predictor of miRNA conservation, and the findings are helpful in achieving a clearer understanding of miRNA function and evolution. ..
- Zhao H, Wang J, Gao L, Wang R, Liu X, Gao Z, et al. MiRNA-424 protects against permanent focal cerebral ischemia injury in mice involving suppressing microglia activation. Stroke. 2013;44:1706-13 pubmed publisher..MiR-424 overexpression lessened the ischemic brain injury through suppressing microglia activation by translational depression of key activators of G1/S transition, suggesting a novel miR-based intervention strategy for stroke. ..
- Liu Y, Xing R, Zhang X, Dong W, Zhang J, Yan Z, et al. miR-375 targets the p53 gene to regulate cellular response to ionizing radiation and etoposide in gastric cancer cells. DNA Repair (Amst). 2013;12:741-50 pubmed publisher..Flow cytometry analyses showed that miR-375 abrogated the cell cycle arrest and apoptosis after DNA damage. These results demonstrate that miR-375 targets p53 to regulate the response to ionizing radiation and etoposide treatment. ..
- Xu J, Zhang R, Shen Y, Liu G, Lu X, Wu C. The evolution of evolvability in microRNA target sites in vertebrates. Genome Res. 2013;23:1810-6 pubmed publisher..The changing evolvability of miRNA targets suggests that miRNA-target interactions may play a role in the evolution of organismal diversity. ..
- Ying W, Riopel M, Bandyopadhyay G, Dong Y, Birmingham A, Seo J, et al. Adipose Tissue Macrophage-Derived Exosomal miRNAs Can Modulate In Vivo and In Vitro Insulin Sensitivity. Cell. 2017;171:372-384.e12 pubmed publisher..These miRNAs can be transferred to insulin target cell types through mechanisms of paracrine or endocrine regulation with robust effects on cellular insulin action, in vivo insulin sensitivity, and overall glucose homeostasis. ..
- Li N, Fu H, Tie Y, Hu Z, Kong W, Wu Y, et al. miR-34a inhibits migration and invasion by down-regulation of c-Met expression in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Cancer Lett. 2009;275:44-53 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide evidence to show the suppression role of miR-34a in tumor migration and invasion through modulation of the c-Met signaling pathway. ..
- Lin Z, Murtaza I, Wang K, Jiao J, Gao J, Li P. miR-23a functions downstream of NFATc3 to regulate cardiac hypertrophy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:12103-8 pubmed publisher..Its translation could be suppressed by miR-23a. Our data provide a model in which the miRNA expression is regulated by the hypertrophic transcriptional factor. ..
- Hou J, Wang P, Lin L, Liu X, Ma F, An H, et al. MicroRNA-146a feedback inhibits RIG-I-dependent Type I IFN production in macrophages by targeting TRAF6, IRAK1, and IRAK2. J Immunol. 2009;183:2150-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we demonstrate that miR-146a, up-regulated during viral infection, is a negative regulator of the RIG-I-dependent antiviral pathway by targeting TRAF6, IRAK1, and IRAK2. ..
- Mu Y, Su X. Polymorphism in pre-miR-30c contributes to gastric cancer risk in a Chinese population. Med Oncol. 2012;29:1723-32 pubmed publisher..However, their role as novel biomarkers for the diagnosis and prognosis of gastric diseases still needs to be systematically evaluated. ..
- Shi M, Du L, Liu D, Qian L, Hu M, Yu M, et al. Glucocorticoid regulation of a novel HPV-E6-p53-miR-145 pathway modulates invasion and therapy resistance of cervical cancer cells. J Pathol. 2012;228:148-57 pubmed publisher..Copyright © 2012 Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Song M, Pan K, Su H, Zhang L, Ma J, Li J, et al. Identification of serum microRNAs as novel non-invasive biomarkers for early detection of gastric cancer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33608 pubmed publisher..3% overall accuracy. These data suggest that serum miR-221, miR-376c and miR-744 have strong potential as novel non-invasive biomarkers for early detection of GC. ..
- Tang Z, Zhang L, Xu C, Yuan S, Zhang F, Zheng Y, et al. Uncovering small RNA-mediated responses to cold stress in a wheat thermosensitive genic male-sterile line by deep sequencing. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:721-38 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence that smRNA regulatory pathways are linked with male sterility in the TGMS line during cold stress. ..
- Chen L, Ren Y, Zhang Y, Xu J, Sun F, Zhang Z, et al. Genome-wide identification and expression analysis of heat-responsive and novel microRNAs in Populus tomentosa. Gene. 2012;504:160-5 pubmed publisher..One hundred and nine targets of the novel miRNAs were predicted. This study opens up a new avenue for understanding the regulatory mechanisms of miRNAs involvement in the heat stress response of trees. ..
- Zhu Y, Wang D, Wang F, Li T, Dong L, Liu H, et al. A comprehensive analysis of GATA-1-regulated miRNAs reveals miR-23a to be a positive modulator of erythropoiesis. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:4129-43 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, a protein tyrosine phosphatase, SHP2, was identified as a downstream target of miR-23a that mediated its regulation of erythropoiesis. Taken together, our data identify a key GATA-1-miRNA axis in erythroid differentiation...
- Liu Y, Dong J, Mu R, Gao Y, Tan X, Li Y, et al. MicroRNA-30a promotes B cell hyperactivity in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus by direct interaction with Lyn. Arthritis Rheum. 2013;65:1603-11 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that elevated expression of miR-30a is responsible for the reduction in levels of Lyn in B cells from patients with SLE, suggesting that miR-30a plays an important role in B cell hyperactivity. ..
- Wang F, Xiong L, Huang X, Zhao T, Wu L, Liu Z, et al. miR-210 suppresses BNIP3 to protect against the apoptosis of neural progenitor cells. Stem Cell Res. 2013;11:657-67 pubmed publisher..This negative feedback regulation might partially contribute to protection against hypoxia-induced cell death via the inhibition of AIF nuclear translocation. ..
- Luo G, Yang W, Ma Y, Wang X. ISRNA: an integrative online toolkit for short reads from high-throughput sequencing data. Bioinformatics. 2014;30:434-6 pubmed publisher..ISRNA also supports management and comparison among multiple datasets. ISRNA is implemented in Java/C++/Perl/MySQL and can be freely accessed at http://omicslab.genetics.ac.cn/ISRNA/. ..
- Wang B, Pan L, Wei M, Wang Q, Liu W, Wang N, et al. FMRP-Mediated Axonal Delivery of miR-181d Regulates Axon Elongation by Locally Targeting Map1b and Calm1. Cell Rep. 2015;13:2794-807 pubmed publisher..Both miR-181d overexpression and FMRP knockdown impaired NGF-induced axon elongation. Our study reveals a mechanism for the local regulation of translation by miR-181d and FMRP during axon development. ..
- Yin H, Song P, Su R, Yang G, Dong L, Luo M, et al. DNA Methylation mediated down-regulating of MicroRNA-33b and its role in gastric cancer. Sci Rep. 2016;6:18824 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-33b acts as a tumor suppressor and hypermethylation of the CpG island upstream of miR-33b is responsible for its down-regulation in gastric cancer. ..
- Deng J, Yang S, Yuan Q, Chen Y, Li D, Sun H, et al. Acupuncture Ameliorates Postoperative Ileus via IL-6-miR-19a-KIT Axis to Protect Interstitial Cells of Cajal. Am J Chin Med. 2017;45:737-755 pubmed publisher..Acupuncture can interfere with the "IL-6-miR-19a-KIT" axis, suggesting that it may be a therapeutic mechanism that works against POI. ..
- Xu Y, Cao J, Li J, Huang Q, Wang P. [Analyses of exercise-induced muscle damage-specific microRNA expression and molecular target of sarcolemmal damage in rats]. Sheng Li Xue Bao. 2017;69:276-284 pubmed
- Xia H, He T, Liu C, Cui Y, Song P, Jin X, et al. MiR-125b expression affects the proliferation and apoptosis of human glioma cells by targeting Bmf. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2009;23:347-58 pubmed publisher..BMF may play an important role in the process of miR-125b influencing cell apoptosis. ..
- Wei B, Cai T, Zhang R, Li A, Huo N, Li S, et al. Novel microRNAs uncovered by deep sequencing of small RNA transcriptomes in bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) and Brachypodium distachyon (L.) Beauv. Funct Integr Genomics. 2009;9:499-511 pubmed publisher..Our work significantly increases the novel miRNA numbers in wheat and provides the first set of small RNAs in B. distachyon. ..
- Wang J, Lu M, Qiu C, Cui Q. TransmiR: a transcription factor-microRNA regulation database. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:D119-22 pubmed publisher..TransmiR provides a user-friendly interface by which interested parties can easily retrieve TF-miRNA regulatory pairs by searching for either a miRNA or a TF. ..
- Gui J, Tian Y, Wen X, Zhang W, Zhang P, Gao J, et al. Serum microRNA characterization identifies miR-885-5p as a potential marker for detecting liver pathologies. Clin Sci (Lond). 2011;120:183-93 pubmed publisher..In summary, miR-885-5p is significantly elevated in the sera of patients with liver pathologies, and our data suggest that serum miRNAs could serve as novel complementary biomarkers for the detection and assessment of liver pathologies. ..
- Xu J, Wu C, Che X, Wang L, Yu D, Zhang T, et al. Circulating microRNAs, miR-21, miR-122, and miR-223, in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma or chronic hepatitis. Mol Carcinog. 2011;50:136-42 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that serum miR-21, miR-122 and miR-223 are elevated in patients with HCC or chronic hepatitis and these miRNAs have strong potential to serve as novel biomarkers for liver injury but not specifically for HCC. ..
- Xu N, Li Y, Zhao Y, Guo L, Fang Y, Zhao J, et al. Identification and characterization of small RNAs in the hyperthermophilic archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35306 pubmed publisher..Archaea represent a unique life form next to Bacteria and Eukarya, and our results may provide a useful resource for further in-depth study on the regulation and evolution of smRNAs in this special organism. ..
- Du Y, Gao C, Liu Z, Wang L, Liu B, He F, et al. Upregulation of a disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs-7 by miR-29 repression mediates vascular smooth muscle calcification. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:2580-8 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a novel mechanism by which ADAMTS-7 upregulation by miR-29a/b repression mediates vascular calcification, which may shed light on preventing cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. ..