Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on membrane proteins in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: membrane proteins
Publications316 found, 100 shown here
- Li Z, Chen B, Wu Y, Jin F, Xia Y, Liu X. Genetic and epigenetic silencing of the beclin 1 gene in sporadic breast tumors. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:98 pubmed publisher..The findings here shed some new light on the regulatory mechanisms of beclin 1 in breast cancer. ..
- OuYang Z, Zhan W, Dan L. hScrib, a human homolog of Drosophila neoplastic tumor suppressor, is involved in the progress of endometrial cancer. Oncol Res. 2010;18:593-9 pubmed..hScrib might share an adherens junction with basolateral membrane partially by acting on E-cadherin in endometrial cancer. This evidence suggests that hScrib is involved in the development of endometrial cancer. ..
- Xu G, Liu Y. Plant ERD2s self-interact and interact with GTPase-activating proteins and ADP-ribosylation factor 1. Plant Signal Behav. 2012;7:1092-4 pubmed publisher..We also analyze the characteristics of ERD2s within a species and among different species...
- Li H, Yang X, Yang G, Hong Z, Zhou L, Yin P, et al. Hepatitis C virus NS5A hijacks ARFGAP1 to maintain a phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate-enriched microenvironment. J Virol. 2014;88:5956-66 pubmed publisher..This study will shed mechanistic insight on how other RNA viruses hijack COPI and Sac1. ..
- Shen X, Kan S, Hu J, Li M, Lu G, Zhang M, et al. EMC6/TMEM93 suppresses glioblastoma proliferation by modulating autophagy. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2043 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that EMC6-induced autophagy may play a positive role in suppressing the development of glioblastoma. ..
- Li H, Liang R, Lu Y, Wang M, Li Z. RTN3 Regulates the Expression Level of Chemokine Receptor CXCR4 and is Required for Migration of Primordial Germ Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:382 pubmed publisher..Moreover, increasing the signaling of either CXCR4b or RTN3 produced similar PGC mislocalization phenotypes in zebrafish. These results suggested that RTN3 modulates PGC migration through interaction with, and regulation of, CXCR4. ..
- Wu X, Yang J, Na T, Zhang K, Davidoff A, Yuan B, et al. RIG-I and IL-6 are negative-feedback regulators of STING induced by double-stranded DNA. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182961 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the STING protein is not significantly affected by dsDNA in non-HDC HEK293 cells. Our study thus has identified a novel signaling pathway for regulating STING in HDCs. ..
- Wang H, Su Y, Han K, Pang X, Peng J, Liang B, et al. Multiple variants and a differential splicing pattern of kinectin in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Biochem Cell Biol. 2004;82:321-7 pubmed..The four splicing sites, the variants generated by alternative splicing, and the humoral immune response in HCC patients, may help to analyze the role of kinectin in human HCC cell biology. ..
- Yang Y, Sun F, Zhang Y, Qian N, Yuan Y, Wang Z, et al. Clinical and laboratory survey of 65 Chinese patients with Leigh syndrome. Chin Med J (Engl). 2006;119:373-7 pubmed..In the current study, we performed a retrospective study in 65 patients in order to investigate the clinical and genetic characteristics of Leigh syndrome in Chinese patients...
- Guo Y, Zhang X, Tan W, Miao X, Sun T, Zhao D, et al. Platelet 12-lipoxygenase Arg261Gln polymorphism: functional characterization and association with risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in combination with COX-2 polymorphisms. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2007;17:197-205 pubmed..45, 95% CI=2.71-7.29). These observations suggest that inherited polymorphisms in arachidonic acid-metabolizing enzymes, which result in heightened gene expression or enzymatic activity, may confer host susceptibility to ESCC. ..
- Su J, You J, Wang J, Cui X, Fang W, Zheng J. [Overexpression of tumor metastasis suppressor gene 1 suppresses proliferation and invasion, but enhances apoptosis of human breast cancer cells MDA-MB-231 cells]. Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi. 2007;36:672-6 pubmed..05). TMSG-1 protein may have multiple functions in the regulation of proliferation, invasion and apoptosis of metastatic breast cancer cells, likely as a metastasis suppressor gene. ..
- Huang D, Gao Q, Guo L, Zhang C, Jiang W, Li H, et al. Isolation and identification of cancer stem-like cells in esophageal carcinoma cell lines. Stem Cells Dev. 2009;18:465-73 pubmed publisher..Further understanding of tumor stem cell-specific traits will offer insights on the early stages of tumorigenesis for prevention and enhanced selectivity of antitumor therapeutics. ..
- Kong Y, Cao W, Xi X, Ma C, Cui L, He W. The NKG2D ligand ULBP4 binds to TCRgamma9/delta2 and induces cytotoxicity to tumor cells through both TCRgammadelta and NKG2D. Blood. 2009;114:310-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that ULBP4 functions as a ligand for both TCRgammadelta and NKG2D and may play a key role in immune surveillance of tumor development and clearance of viral infection. ..
- Yang Z, Liu Y, Bian X, Gu B, Feng H, Yang L. [Expression and function of VAP-33 in murine dendritic cell sarcoma]. Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi. 2009;38:537-41 pubmed..VAP-33 expression in DCS originated from the dendritic cells (DC) seemed relating to the vesicle transportation during antigen processing in DC. Additionally, VAP-33 and GLUT-4 also take part in the glucose transportation in the cells. ..
- Zhou Z, Sun X, Zou Z, Sun L, Zhang T, Guo S, et al. PRMT5 regulates Golgi apparatus structure through methylation of the golgin GM130. Cell Res. 2010;20:1023-33 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a molecular mechanism by which PRMT5-dependent arginine methylation of GM130 controls the maintenance of GA architecture. ..
- Zhang J, Wu X, Zhuo D, Liu T, Li W, Mao Z, et al. Effect of tankyrase 1 on autophagy in the corpus cavernosum smooth muscle cells from ageing rats with erectile dysfunction and its potential mechanism. Asian J Androl. 2010;12:744-52 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, Tankyrase 1 and autophagy decrease in the CSMCs from aging rats with ED, and tankyrase 1 may have a positive effect on proliferation by enhancing autophagy and regulating the mTOR signalling pathway. ..
- Liu Y, Tan J, Li L, Li S, Zou S, Zhang Y, et al. [Study on the molecular mechanisms of dlk1 stimulated lung cancer cell proliferation]. Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi. 2010;13:923-7 pubmed publisher..05). dlk1 aberrantly expressed in NSCLCs. The Overexpression of dlk1 could accelerate the proliferation of lung cancer cells H520 in vitro, probably through up-regulating the expression of cell cycle protein CyclinB1. ..
- Qi W, Zhang M, Wang H, Wen Y, Wang B, Zhang S. Research on the relationship between thick greasy tongue fur formation and vascular endothelial cell permeability with the protein expression of zonula occludens-1. Chin J Integr Med. 2011;17:510-6 pubmed publisher..Tight junction structural variation of vascular ECs might play an important role in the pathological and physiological process of thick greasy tongue fur formation. ..
- Yuan Q, Chu C, Jia J. Association studies of 19 candidate SNPs with sporadic Alzheimer's disease in the North Chinese Han population. Neurol Sci. 2012;33:1021-8 pubmed publisher..395; 95% CI 0.158-0.659, P = 0.008). Our results support the view that rs10868366 and rs7019241 in GOLPH2 and rs3826656 in near gene 5' region of CD33 are significantly associated with SAD in the north Chinese Han population. ..
- Li L, Khatibi N, Hu Q, Yan J, Chen C, Han J, et al. Transmembrane protein 166 regulates autophagic and apoptotic activities following focal cerebral ischemic injury in rats. Exp Neurol. 2012;234:181-90 pubmed publisher..By blocking the activity of TMEM166 using siRNA, we were able to prevent the cell loss that occured following cerebral ischemia injury. This translated into a preservation of functional integrity and an improvement in mortality. ..
- Wang X, Wu Y, Tan L, Tian Z, Liu J, Zhu D, et al. Follicle-stimulating hormone regulates pro-apoptotic protein Bcl-2-interacting mediator of cell death-extra long (BimEL)-induced porcine granulosa cell apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:10166-77 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that Bim(EL) induces porcine granulosa cell apoptosis during follicular atresia, and its expression is regulated by FSH via the PI3K/Akt/FoxO3a pathway...
- Cui X, Lei T, Yang D, Hao P, Liu Q. Identification and characterization of a novel Neospora caninum immune mapped protein 1. Parasitology. 2012;139:998-1004 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the rNcIMP1-specific antibodies could inhibit cell invasion by N. caninum tachyzoites in vitro. All the results indicate that NcIMP1 is likely to be a membrane protein of N. caninum and may be involved in parasite invasion. ..
- Liu B, Ma A, Zhang F, Wang Y, Li Z, Li Q, et al. MAZ mediates the cross-talk between CT-1 and NOTCH1 signaling during gliogenesis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21534 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a link between NOTCH1 activation and neuronal secreted CT-1, suggesting that CT-1 plays an important role in ensuring the coordinated activation of NOTCH1 signaling during gliogenesis. ..
- Chen M, Chen Z, Wang Y, Tan Z, Zhu C, Li Y, et al. Mitophagy receptor FUNDC1 regulates mitochondrial dynamics and mitophagy. Autophagy. 2016;12:689-702 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that FUNDC1 regulates both mitochondrial fission or fusion and mitophagy and mediates the "coupling" across the double membrane for mitochondrial dynamics and quality control. ..
- Wang X, Zhang J, Feng X, Li H, Zhang G. The molecular mechanisms of plant plasma membrane intrinsic proteins trafficking and stress response. Yi Chuan. 2017;39:293-301 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize the mechanisms of PIP trafficking, transcriptional and post-translational regulations, and abiotic stress responses. Moreover, we also discuss the current research trends and future directions on PIPs...
- Tang X, Zhang J, Cai Y, Miao S, Zong S, Koide S, et al. Sperm membrane protein (hSMP-1) and RanBPM complex in the microtubule-organizing centre. J Mol Med (Berl). 2004;82:383-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that hSMP-1 interacts with tubulins and thereby may modulate microtubule assembly and/or activity. ..
- Zhou Y, Du G, Hu X, Yu S, Liu Y, Xu Y, et al. Nectin-like molecule 1 is a protein 4.1N associated protein and recruits protein 4.1N from cytoplasm to the plasma membrane. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1669:142-54 pubmed..We propose that the NECL1 and protein 4.1N complex is involved in the morphological development, stability, and dynamic plasticity of the nervous system. ..
- Yu D, Hu X, Cai H. Efficient tuberculosis treatment in mice using chemotherapy and immunotherapy with the combined DNA vaccine encoding Ag85B, MPT-64 and MPT-83. Gene Ther. 2008;15:652-9 pubmed publisher..001). These results suggest that the combined DNA vaccine along with conventional TB chemotherapy has strong potential for TB immunotherapy and may provide new alternatives to control the disease. ..
- Zhu Y, Wang Y, Li R, Song X, Wang Q, Huang S, et al. Analysis of interactions among the CLAVATA3 receptors reveals a direct interaction between CLAVATA2 and CORYNE in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2010;61:223-33 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results add direct evidence to the newly proposed two-parallel receptor pathways model and therefore provide new insights into the CLV3 signaling pathway. ..
- Ma J, Meng Y, Kwiatkowski D, Chen X, Peng H, Sun Q, et al. Mammalian target of rapamycin regulates murine and human cell differentiation through STAT3/p63/Jagged/Notch cascade. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:103-14 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the STAT3/p63/Notch axis may be a useful target for the treatment of cancers exhibiting hyperactive mTOR signaling. ..
- Chen B, Jiang Y, Zeng S, Yan J, Li X, Zhang Y, et al. Endocytic sorting and recycling require membrane phosphatidylserine asymmetry maintained by TAT-1/CHAT-1. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001235 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that CHAT-1 and TAT-1 maintain membrane phosphatidylserine asymmetry, thus promoting membrane tubulation and regulating endocytic sorting and recycling. ..
- Sun Y, Yang H, Mao Y, Xu H, Zhang J, Li G, et al. Increased Golgi protein 73 expression in hepatocellular carcinoma tissue correlates with tumor aggression but not survival. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011;26:1207-12 pubmed publisher..Further research is needed to determine the potential of GP73 as a therapeutic target. ..
- Gong Q, Cheng M, Chen H, Liu X, Si Y, Yang Y, et al. Phospholipid scramblase 1 mediates hepatitis C virus entry into host cells. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:2647-52 pubmed publisher..Moreover, PLSCR1 was required for the initial attachment of HCV onto hepatoma cells, where it specifically interacted with entry factor OCLN. We show that PLSCR1 is a novel attachment factor for HCV entry. ..
- Xu X, You J, Pei F, Zhang B. [Silencing of tumor metastasis suppressor gene 1 promotes invasion of prostate cancer cell in vitro and its molecular mechanisms]. Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2011;43:814-9 pubmed
- Wang S, Song J, Tan M, Albers K, Jia J. Mitochondrial fission proteins in peripheral blood lymphocytes are potential biomarkers for Alzheimer's disease. Eur J Neurol. 2012;19:1015-22 pubmed publisher..Altered mitochondrial fission proteins Drp1, SNO-Drp1, and Fis1 in PBL were relatively sensitive and specific in identifying AD patients and could be serving as a biomarker in the procedure of diagnosis. ..
- Li Z, Wang Y, Zhang M, Xu P, Huang H, Wu D, et al. The Amotl2 gene inhibits Wnt/β-catenin signaling and regulates embryonic development in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:13005-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings provide novel insights into functions of Motin family members and regulation of Wnt/β-catenin signaling. ..
- Dou X, Zhang B, Liu R, Li J, Shi D, Lu C, et al. Expanding Sca-1(+) mammary stem cell in the presence of oestrogen and growth hormone. Clin Transl Oncol. 2012;14:444-51 pubmed publisher..Our research demonstrates that Sca-1(+) mammary stem cells can be more easily isolated when cultured in the presence of oestrogen and GH. ..
- Xu Y, Tian C, Wang S, Xie W, Guo Y, Zhang J, et al. Activation of the macroautophagic system in scrapie-infected experimental animals and human genetic prion diseases. Autophagy. 2012;8:1604-20 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that activation of macroautophagy in brains is a disease-correlative phenomenon in prion diseases. ..
- Zhu J, Wang Y, Duan J, Bai H, Wang Z, Wei L, et al. DNA Methylation status of Wnt antagonist SFRP5 can predict the response to the EGFR-tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy in non-small cell lung cancer. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2012;31:80 pubmed publisher..002), which is independent of EGFR genotype. Patients with unmethylated SFRP5 are more likely to benefit from EGFR-TKI therapy. ..
- Luo H, Yang Y, Duan J, Wu P, Jiang Q, Xu C. PTEN-regulated AKT/FoxO3a/Bim signaling contributes to reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in selenite-treated colorectal cancer cells. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e481 pubmed publisher..These results help to elucidate the molecular mechanisms underlying selenite-induced cell death in tumor cells and provide a theoretical basis for translational applications of selenium. ..
- Li J, Feng Y, Su Y, Wang X, Si T. Enhanced interaction among ErbB4, PSD-95 and NMDAR by chronic MK-801 treatment is associated with behavioral abnormalities. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2013;108:44-53 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that the NRG1-ErbB4 signaling could be modulated by repeated NMDAR blockade, and provide further evidence for the cross-talk between the two signaling pathways. ..
- Wang X, Wang K, Zhao S, Wu Y, Gao H, Zeng S. Oocyte-secreted growth differentiation factor 9 inhibits BCL-2-interacting mediator of cell death-extra long expression in porcine cumulus cell. Biol Reprod. 2013;89:56 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we concluded that OSFs, particularly GDF9, maintained the low level of BIMEL expression in cumulus cell through activation of the PI3K/FOXO3a pathway. ..
- Sun L, Li M, Suo F, Liu X, Shen E, Yang B, et al. Global analysis of fission yeast mating genes reveals new autophagy factors. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003715 pubmed publisher..Our study sheds new light on the evolutionary diversity of the autophagy machinery and establishes the fission yeast as a useful model for dissecting the mechanisms of autophagy...
- Zhu B, Chen C, Xue G, Moyzis R, Dong Q, Chen C, et al. The SEMA5A gene is associated with hippocampal volume, and their interaction is associated with performance on Raven's Progressive Matrices. Neuroimage. 2014;88:181-7 pubmed publisher..Future studies of the hippocampus-RPM associations should consider genetic factors as potential moderators. ..
- Hao J, Chen M, Ji S, Wang X, Wang Y, Huang X, et al. Equatorin is not essential for acrosome biogenesis but is required for the acrosome reaction. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;444:537-42 pubmed publisher..Eqtn is involved in the fusion of the outer acrosomal membrane and the sperm plasma membrane during the acrosome reaction, most likely via an interaction with the SNARE complex. ..
- Milikisiyants S, Wang S, Munro R, Donohue M, Ward M, Bolton D, et al. Oligomeric Structure of Anabaena Sensory Rhodopsin in a Lipid Bilayer Environment by Combining Solid-State NMR and Long-range DEER Constraints. J Mol Biol. 2017;429:1903-1920 pubmed publisher..Such a method could be used to study the effects of the lipid membrane composition on protein oligomerization and to observe structural changes in protein oligomers upon drug, substrate, and co-factor binding. ..
- Pan C, Qi Y, Wang S, Zhao J, Bu D, Li G, et al. Alterations of adrenomedullin and its receptor system components in calcified vascular smooth muscle cells. Regul Pept. 2004;120:77-83 pubmed
- Fang B, Jia L, Jia J. Chinese Presenilin-1 V97L mutation enhanced Abeta42 levels in SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cells. Neurosci Lett. 2006;406:33-7 pubmed..It also suggests that there are common mechanisms in the pathogenesis of FAD between Chinese and other ethnic populations, although their gene mutation sites are different. ..
- Pan C, Jin S, Cao C, Zhao J, Zhang J, Wang X, et al. The myocardial response to adrenomedullin involves increased cAMP generation as well as augmented Akt phosphorylation. Peptides. 2007;28:900-9 pubmed
- Hu S, Li Y, Liu G, Song Q, Wang L, Han Y, et al. A protein chip approach for high-throughput antigen identification and characterization. Proteomics. 2007;7:2151-61 pubmed..Among them, we discovered that eIF1A expressed only in normal liver tissues, not in hepatocellular carcinoma in humans. ..
- Zhang B, Liu R, Shi D, Liu X, Chen Y, Dou X, et al. Mesenchymal stem cells induce mature dendritic cells into a novel Jagged-2-dependent regulatory dendritic cell population. Blood. 2009;113:46-57 pubmed publisher..These results further support the role of MSCs in preventing rejection in organ transplantation and treatment of autoimmune disease. ..
- Zhang J, Cheng S, Xiong Y, Ma Y, Luo D, Jeromin A, et al. A novel association of mGluR1a with the PDZ scaffold protein CAL modulates receptor activity. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:4117-24 pubmed publisher..These findings might provide a novel mechanism for the regulation of mGluR1a-mediated signaling through the interaction with CAL. ..
- Wang W, Zhao Y, Ning L, Liao Q, Wu Y. [Research of immunogenic membrane antigens of pancreatic cancer]. Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2009;47:1006-9 pubmed..The protein level of VDAC2 is significantly overexpressed in pancreatic cancer cell line than in normal pancreatic tissue. ..
- Jiang Y, Zhang Y, Zhang P, Sang T, Zhang F, Ji T, et al. NIPA2 located in 15q11.2 is mutated in patients with childhood absence epilepsy. Hum Genet. 2012;131:1217-24 pubmed publisher..The haploinsufficiency of NIPA2 may be a mechanism underlying the neurological phenotypes of 15q11.2 microdeletions. ..
- Li X, Ye J, Zhou L, Gu W, Fisher E, Li P. Opposing roles of cell death-inducing DFF45-like effector B and perilipin 2 in controlling hepatic VLDL lipidation. J Lipid Res. 2012;53:1877-89 pubmed publisher..These data reveal that Cideb and perilipin 2 play opposing roles in controlling VLDL lipidation and hepatic lipid homeostasis. ..
- Wang Y, Tong X, Omoregie E, Liu W, Meng S, Ye X. Tetraspanin 6 (TSPAN6) negatively regulates retinoic acid-inducible gene I-like receptor-mediated immune signaling in a ubiquitination-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:34626-34 pubmed publisher..We concluded that TSPAN6 functions as a negative regulator of the RLR pathway by interacting with MAVS in a ubiquitination-dependent manner. ..
- Xia D, Sumita Y, Liu Y, Tai Y, Wang J, Uehara M, et al. GDFs promote tenogenic characteristics on human periodontal ligament-derived cells in culture at late passages. Growth Factors. 2013;31:165-73 pubmed publisher..Exogenous GDFs might lead PDLCs being expanded in culture during several passages to highly useful cell source for tendon/ligament engineering. ..
- Li L, Zhang H, Wang W, Hong Y, Wang J, Zhang S, et al. Comparative proteomics reveals abnormal binding of ATGL and dysferlin on lipid droplets from pressure overload-induced dysfunctional rat hearts. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19782 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight an association between the altered LD protein localization of dysferlin and ATGL and myocardial dysfunction. ..
- Ma P, Weichert D, Aleksandrov L, Jensen T, Riordan J, Liu X, et al. The cubicon method for concentrating membrane proteins in the cubic mesophase. Nat Protoc. 2017;12:1745-1762 pubmed publisher..These applications include functional and biophysical characterization studies for ligand screening, drug delivery, antibody production and protein complex formation. A typical cubicon experiment can be completed in 3-5 h. ..
- Cui H, Liu Y, Huang Y. Roles of TRIM32 in Corneal Epithelial Cells After Infection with Herpes Simplex Virus. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:801-811 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data suggested that TRIM32 as a crucial positive regulator of HSV-1 induced IFN-β production in corneal epithelial cells, and it played a predominant role in clearing HSV-1 from the cornea. ..
- Zhang X, Miao S, Wang L, Li Y, Zong S, Yan Y, et al. Human sperm membrane protein (hSMP-1): a developmental testis-specific component during germ cell differentiation. Arch Androl. 2000;45:239-46 pubmed..The target antigen was immunolocated on the head and tail of rat sperm and in late spermatids and spermatozoa of rat testis. These results suggest that, in the rat, the HSD-1 gene is expressed during spermiogenesis. ..
- Chen K, Guo X, Ma D, Guo Y, Li Q, Yang D, et al. Dysregulation of HSG triggers vascular proliferative disorders. Nat Cell Biol. 2004;6:872-83 pubmed..Thus, rHSG functions as a cell proliferation suppressor, whereas dysregulation of rHSG results in proliferative disorders. ..
- Zhi Y, Liu R, Song M, Tian Y, Long J, Tu W, et al. Cyclooxygenase-2 promotes angiogenesis by increasing vascular endothelial growth factor and predicts prognosis in gallbladder carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:3724-8 pubmed..COX-2 inhibitor, either in combination therapy with other agents, or for chemoprevention, may be effective via suppression of angiogenesis in this fatal disease. ..
- Xu P, Lu J, Li Z, Yu X, Chen L, Xu T. Aggregation of STIM1 underneath the plasma membrane induces clustering of Orai1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;350:969-76 pubmed
- Hou X, Liu R, Ross S, Smart E, Zhu H, Gong W. Crystallographic studies of human MitoNEET. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33242-6 pubmed..It is proposed that mitoNEET dimer may interact with other proteins via the surface residues in close proximity to the [2Fe-2S] cluster. ..
- He X, Gu F, Wang Y, Yan J, Zhang M, Huang S, et al. A novel mutation in FRMD7 causing X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmus in a large family. Mol Vis. 2008;14:56-60 pubmed..We identified a novel mutation in FRMD7 and confirmed the role of this mutation in the pathogenesis of X-linked congenital nystagmus. ..
- Yang Y, Huang F, Ren Y, Xing L, Wu Y, Li Z, et al. The anticancer effects of sodium selenite and selenomethionine on human colorectal carcinoma cell lines in nude mice. Oncol Res. 2009;18:1-8 pubmed..SSe and SeMet may be the selective, low-toxic anticancer agents to treat human colorectal carcinoma cancer...
- Yu W, Wang Y, Xie Z, You J, Wang J, Cui X, et al. [Screening of phosphoprotein associated with glycosphingolipid microdomains 1 (PAG1) by cDNA microarray and influence of overexpression of PAG1 on biologic behavior of human metastatic prostatic cancer cell line in vitro]. Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi. 2010;39:88-94 pubmed..Conclusively, PAG1 may play an important role in inhibiting the proliferation, invasion and metastasis of the cancer cells. ..
- Liu J, Chang L, Roselli F, Almeida O, Gao X, Wang X, et al. Amyloid-? induces caspase-dependent loss of PSD-95 and synaptophysin through NMDA receptors. J Alzheimers Dis. 2010;22:541-56 pubmed publisher..The identified novel mechanism through which A? initiates synaptic dysfunction suggests that selective enhancement of NR2A activity and/or reduction of NR2B activity can halt the manifestation of a key early-stage event in AD. ..
- Wang Z, Liu Y, Liu J, Liu K, Wen J, Wen S, et al. HSG/Mfn2 gene polymorphism and essential hypertension: a case-control association study in Chinese. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2011;18:24-31 pubmed..01 for all). As for other haplotypes, most were only significantly different in the entire population and male subjects. The genetic variations of HSG/Mfn2 may be associated with hypertension in male Chinese. ..
- Cai C, Zhao Y, Tong X, Fu S, Li Y, Wu Y, et al. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of the vWA domain of human anthrax toxin receptor 1. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2011;67:64-7 pubmed publisher..X-ray diffraction data were collected to 1.8 Å resolution from a single crystal, which belonged to space group P1 with unit-cell parameters a=65.9, b=66.1, c=74.4 Å, α=63.7, β=88.2, γ=59.9°. ..
- Wang X, Cao Z, Jiang J, Li Y, Dong M, Ostrowski M, et al. Elevated expression of Tim-3 on CD8 T cells correlates with disease severity of pulmonary tuberculosis. J Infect. 2011;62:292-300 pubmed publisher..Blocking of Tim-3 signaling led to significantly increased production of IFN-?. The elevated expression of Tim-3 on CD8 T cells correlates with functional defects of CD8 T cells and disease severity of pulmonary TB. ..
- Kang Y, Xu J, Liu Y, Sun J, Sun D, Hu Y, et al. Crystal structure of the cell corpse engulfment protein CED-2 in Caenorhabditis elegans. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;410:189-94 pubmed publisher..However, CED-2 was found to interact with the N-terminal region of CED-5. Our findings suggest that CED-2 may regulate cell corpse engulfment by interacting with CED-5 through the N-terminal region rather than the PXXP motif. ..
- Chen H, Sun H, You F, Sun W, Zhou X, Chen L, et al. Activation of STAT6 by STING is critical for antiviral innate immunity. Cell. 2011;147:436-46 pubmed publisher..Thus, STAT6 mediates immune signaling in response to both cytokines at the plasma membrane, and virus infection at the endoplasmic reticulum...
- Li C, Wang Y, Wang S, Wu B, Hao J, Fan H, et al. Hepatitis B virus mRNA-mediated miR-122 inhibition upregulates PTTG1-binding protein, which promotes hepatocellular carcinoma tumor growth and cell invasion. J Virol. 2013;87:2193-205 pubmed publisher..Our work underscores the reciprocal interplay of host miRNA sequestration and depletion by viral mRNAs, which may contribute to chronic-infection-related cancer. ..
- Wang X, Yu Q, Wu Q, Bu Y, Chang N, Yan S, et al. Genetic interaction between pku300 and fbn2b controls endocardial cell proliferation and valve development in zebrafish. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:1381-91 pubmed publisher..We conclude that pku300 and fbn2b represent the few genes capable of regulating endocardial cell proliferation and signaling in zebrafish cardiac valve development. ..
- Wei P, Zheng B, Guo P, Kawakami T, Luo S. The association of polar residues in the DAP12 homodimer: TOXCAT and molecular dynamics simulation studies. Biophys J. 2013;104:1435-44 pubmed publisher..Such a combination of dynamics simulation and cell-based experiments can be applied to produce insights at the molecular level into the TM-TM association of many other transmembrane proteins. ..
- Lin L, Hou J, Ma F, Wang P, Liu X, Li N, et al. Type I IFN inhibits innate IL-10 production in macrophages through histone deacetylase 11 by downregulating microRNA-145. J Immunol. 2013;191:3896-904 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a new IFN-I-mediated negative feedback loop in the fine-tuning of innate IL-10 production that creates precise coordination of innate immune responses. ..
- Nie S, Ke H, Gao F, Ren J, Wang M, Huo L, et al. Coiled-Coil Domains of SUN Proteins as Intrinsic Dynamic Regulators. Structure. 2016;24:80-91 pubmed publisher..Thus, the two coiled-coil domains of SUN2 act as the intrinsic dynamic regulators for controlling the SUN domain activity. ..
- Yu X, Li R, Shi W, Jiang T, Wang Y, Li C, et al. Silencing of MicroRNA-21 confers the sensitivity to tamoxifen and fulvestrant by enhancing autophagic cell death through inhibition of the PI3K-AKT-mTOR pathway in breast cancer cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;77:37-44 pubmed publisher..Targeting autophagy-related miRNAs is a potential strategy for overcoming endocrine resistance to TAM and FUL. ..
- Yang N, Leung E, Liu C, Li L, Eguether T, Jun Yao X, et al. INTU is essential for oncogenic Hh signaling through regulating primary cilia formation in basal cell carcinoma. Oncogene. 2017;36:4997-5005 pubmed publisher..Taken together, data obtained from this study suggest that INTU is indispensable during BCC tumorigenesis and that its aberrant upregulation is likely a prerequisite for primary cilia formation during Hh-dependent tumorigenesis. ..
- Sun Z, Li G, Tong T, Chen J. Micheliolide suppresses LPS-induced neuroinflammatory responses. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186592 pubmed publisher..Together, our results imply that MCL may serve as a neuroprotective agent in neuroinflammation-related neurodegenerative disorders...
- Fang W, Yao Y, Shi Z, Yu Y, Wu Y, Lu L, et al. Effect of recombinant bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein on endotoxin translocation and lipopolysaccharide-binding protein/CD14 expression in rats after thermal injury. Crit Care Med. 2001;29:1452-9 pubmed..This might be associated with the down-regulation effects of tissue lipopolysaccharide-binding protein and CD14 gene expression by the use of rBPI21. ..
- Wu A, Gu J, Li Z, Ji J, Xu G. COX-2 expression and tumor angiogenesis in colorectal cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:2323-6 pubmed..517, P = 0.003). Correlation coefficient was 0.409 after Spearman correlation analysis (P = 0.015). COX-2 may be involved in the course of tumor angiogenesis of colorectal cancer and acts through VEGF. ..
- Li M, Yuan Y, Han Y, Liu Y, Yan L, Wang Y, et al. Expression profile of cancer-testis genes in 121 human colorectal cancer tissue and adjacent normal tissue. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:1809-14 pubmed..NY-ESO-1 gene may serve as a marker for local metastasis and advanced disease. MAGE-4 gene is significantly associated with the vessel emboli. ..
- Sun F, Huo X, Zhai Y, Wang A, Xu J, Su D, et al. Crystal structure of mitochondrial respiratory membrane protein complex II. Cell. 2005;121:1043-57 pubmed..The Complex II structure provides a bona fide model for study of the mitochondrial respiratory system and human mitochondrial diseases related to mutations in this complex. ..
- Pan C, Jiang W, Wu S, Zhao J, Pang Y, Tang C, et al. Potentiated response to adrenomedullin in myocardia and aortas in spontaneously hypertensive rat. Basic Res Cardiol. 2006;101:193-203 pubmed..The results suggest that the changes of AM and its receptors in cardiovascular tissue, and the increased response of cardiovascular tissue to AM might importantly impact the pathogenesis of hypertension. ..
- Gong Y, Wu J, Qiang H, Liu B, Chi Z, Chen T, et al. BRI3 associates with SCG10 and attenuates NGF-induced neurite outgrowth in PC12 cells. BMB Rep. 2008;41:287-93 pubmed..These results identify a novel connection between a neuron-specific BRI protein and the cytoskeletal network, suggesting possible roles of BRI3 in the process of neuronal differentiation. ..
- Wang H, Zhang H, Zhang S, Pan Y, Ma J. Association of the common genetic variant upstream of INSIG2 gene with obesity related phenotypes in Chinese children and adolescents. Biomed Environ Sci. 2008;21:528-36 pubmed publisher..INSIG2 rs7566605 variant is not associated Chinese childhood obesity in two independent cohorts. Further study is needed to verify the effect of rs7566605 on triglyceride in obese children. ..