Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on larva in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Publications101 found, 100 shown here
- Yin J, Wei Z, Li K, Cao Y, Guo W. Identification and molecular characterization of a new member of the peritrophic membrane proteins from the meadow moth, loxostege sticticalis. Int J Biol Sci. 2010;6:491-8 pubmed..The biochemical and physiological functions of Lsti99 in L. sticticalis require further investigation. ..
- Wu G, Guo J, Wan F, Xiao N. Responses of three successive generations of beet armyworm, Spodoptera exigua, fed exclusively on different levels of gossypol in cotton leaves. J Insect Sci. 2010;10:165 pubmed publisher..Measuring the development and food utilization of S. exigua at the individual and population levels over more than one generation provided more meaningful predictions of long-term population dynamics. ..
- Guo C, Zhao S, Ma Y, Hu J, Han X, Chen J, et al. Bacillus thuringiensis Cry3Aa fused to a cellulase-binding peptide shows increased toxicity against the longhorned beetle. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2012;93:1249-56 pubmed publisher..These uniquely modified Cry3Aa proteins have potential use for pest control. ..
- Wang C, Liu Z, Huang X. Rab32 is important for autophagy and lipid storage in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32086 pubmed publisher..Loss-of-function mutants of several components in the autophagy pathway result in similar effects on lipid storage. These results highlight the potential functions of Rabs in regulating lipid metabolism. ..
- Yang N, Ji L, Lövei G, Wan F. Shifting preference between oviposition vs. host-feeding under changing host densities in two aphelinid parasitoids. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41189 pubmed publisher..The balance between reserving optimal hosts for oviposition or using them for host-feeding depended on parasitoid life history and the availability of host resources. ..
- Zhao H, Zheng X, Yuan X, Wang L, Wang X, Zhong Y, et al. ben Functions with scamp during synaptic transmission and long-term memory formation in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2009;29:414-24 pubmed publisher..We also provide evidence that BEN interacts genetically in both synaptic transmission and LTM formation with SCAMP, a synaptic protein known to be involved in vesicle recycling. ..
- Cao G, Zhang L, Liang G, Li X, Wu K. Involvement of nonbinding site proteinases in the development of resistance of Helicoverpa armigera (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) to Cry1Ac. J Econ Entomol. 2013;106:2514-21 pubmed..The results obtained suggest that alternations in the nonbinding site proteinases probably can only confer low to moderate levels of resistance and thus are enriched in the early phase of the development of Cry1Ac resistance. ..
- Zhou Z, Rasmann S, Li M, Guo J, Chen H, Wan F. Cold temperatures increase cold hardiness in the next generation Ophraella communa beetles. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74760 pubmed publisher..communa can be promoted by cold acclimation in previous generation, and it might counter-balance reduced survival in the next generation, especially when insects are tracking their host-plants into colder climates. ..
- Cui J, Wang Y, Zhang X, Lin X, Zhang H, Wang Z, et al. A neglected risk for sparganosis: eating live tadpoles in central China. Infect Dis Poverty. 2017;6:58 pubmed publisher..Eating live tadpoles is a high risk for sparganum infection. The comprehensive public health education should be carried out for people in endemic areas and the bad habit of eating live tadpoles must be discouraged. ..
- Marzban R, He Q, Liu X, Zhang Q. Effects of Bacillus thuringiensis toxin Cry1Ac and cytoplasmic polyhedrosis virus of Helicoverpa armigera (Hübner) (HaCPV) on cotton bollworm (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). J Invertebr Pathol. 2009;101:71-6 pubmed publisher..Not only were larval growth and development delayed, but pupation and pupal weight also decreased when larvae were fed on artificial diet containing Cry1Ac and HaCPV or transgenic Bt cotton leaf discs specially in first instar. ..
- Zhao W, LÃ¼ L, Chen H, Yang Y, Zhang L, Li L. Ascaridoid parasites infecting in the frequently consumed marine fishes in the coastal area of China: A preliminary investigation. Parasitol Int. 2016;65:87-98 pubmed publisher..The low level of infection and the species composition of ascaridoid nematodes seem to indicate the presence of low risk of human anisakidosis when local population consumed these marine fishes examined herein. ..
- Sun M, Gao L, Shi Y, Li B, Liu X. Fungi and actinomycetes associated with Meloidogyne spp. eggs and females in China and their biocontrol potential. J Invertebr Pathol. 2006;93:22-8 pubmed..They reduced tomato root gall index by 13.4-58.9% compared to the no treatment control. ..
- Cai P, Hou N, Piao X, Liu S, Liu H, Yang F, et al. Profiles of small non-coding RNAs in Schistosoma japonicum during development. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2011;5:e1256 pubmed publisher..japonicum with high accuracy and coverage. The data would facilitate a deep understanding of the parasite biology and potential discovery of novel targets for the design of anti-parasite drugs. ..
- Guo Y, Tian J, Shi W, Dong X, Romeis J, Naranjo S, et al. The interaction of two-spotted spider mites, Tetranychus urticae Koch, with Cry protein production and predation by Amblyseius andersoni (Chant) in Cry1Ac/Cry2Ab cotton and Cry1F maize. Transgenic Res. 2016;25:33-44 pubmed publisher..urticae compared with those reared on non-Bt cotton or maize. Collectively these results provide strong evidence that these crops can complement other integrated pest management tactics including biological control. ..
- Li C, Guo X, Zhang Y, Dong Y, Xing D, Yan T, et al. Identification of genes involved in pyrethroid-, propoxur-, and dichlorvos- insecticides resistance in the mosquitoes, Culex pipiens complex (Diptera: Culicidae). Acta Trop. 2016;157:84-95 pubmed publisher..The identification of these genes is a vital first step for more detailed investigation of the molecular mechanisms involved in insecticide resistance in Culex mosquitoes. ..
- Chen L, Wang P, Sun Y, Wu Y. Direct interaction of avermectin with epidermal growth factor receptor mediates the penetration resistance in Drosophila larvae. Open Biol. 2016;6:150231 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the molecular mechanisms underlying the development of penetration resistance to drugs. ..
- Ji C, Wu L, Zhao W, Wang S, Lv J. Echinoderms have bilateral tendencies. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e28978 pubmed publisher..The remainder of bilateral symmetry may have benefited echinoderms during their evolution from the Cambrian period to the present. ..
- Liu Z, Xu B, Li L, Sun J. Host-size mediated trade-off in a parasitoid Sclerodermus harmandi. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23260 pubmed publisher..alternatus larvae than on small larvae and got higher body weight on those large hosts. This study demonstrates the existence of trade-off occurring during host-parasitoids interactions according to host size related quality. ..
- Wang X, Gao X, Liang P, Shi X, Song D. Induction of Cytochrome P450 Activity by the Interaction of Chlorantraniliprole and Sinigrin in the Spodoptera exigua (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). Environ Entomol. 2016;45:500-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the CYP9A9, CYP6B, and HQ852049 in the tested genes were the most inducible genes that were expressed when the S. exigua larvae were exposed to chlorantraniliprole and sinigrin. ..
- Liu S, Li K, Hu D. The incidence and species composition of Gasterophilus (Diptera, Gasterophilidae) causing equine myiasis in northern Xinjiang, China. Vet Parasitol. 2016;217:36-8 pubmed publisher..44%) had six, 12 animals (13.33%) had three, three (3.33%) had two, and one (1.11%) had only one species. The percentage of Przewalski's horses infested was higher than local domestic horse or Mongolian wild ass. ..
- Chen X, Li Y, Huang J, Cao D, Yang G, Liu W, et al. Study of tauopathies by comparing Drosophila and human tau in Drosophila. Cell Tissue Res. 2007;329:169-78 pubmed..These results suggest that the two tau genes differ significantly. This comparison between species-specific isoforms may help to clarify whether the homologous tau genes are conserved. ..
- Zhang B, Chen M, Zhang X, Luan H, Diao S, Tian Y, et al. Laboratory and field evaluation of the transgenic Populus alba × Populus glandulosa expressing double coleopteran-resistance genes. Tree Physiol. 2011;31:567-73 pubmed publisher..Field investigation indicated that the transgenic poplar retained coleopteran insect resistance in the field, suggesting the potential use of the double gene transgenic poplar for pest management in commercial poplar plantations. ..
- Zhang R, Yang P, Huang H, Shi P, Yuan T, Yao B. Two types of phytases (histidine acid phytase and ?-propeller phytase) in Serratia sp. TN49 from the gut of Batocera horsfieldi (coleoptera) larvae. Curr Microbiol. 2011;63:408-15 pubmed publisher..0-9.0. Serratia sp. TN49 harboring both PhyH49 and PhyB49 might make it more adaptive to environment change, corresponding to the evolution trend of microorganism. ..
- Gao Y, Reitz S, Wei Q, Yu W, Lei Z. Insecticide-mediated apparent displacement between two invasive species of leafminer fly. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36622 pubmed publisher..These results further demonstrate the importance of considering anthropogenic factors in the outcome of interspecific interactions. ..
- Li Y, Wang Y, Romeis J, Liu Q, Lin K, Chen X, et al. Bt rice expressing Cry2Aa does not cause direct detrimental effects on larvae of Chrysoperla sinica. Ecotoxicology. 2013;22:1413-21 pubmed publisher..Consequently the detrimental effects observed in the tritrophic studies using Bt rice-fed C. suppressalis as prey can be attributed to the decreased prey quality due to the sensitivity of C. suppressalis larvae to Cry2Aa. ..
- Zhang B, Peng Y, Zhao X, Hoffmann A, Li R, Ma C. Emergence of the overwintering generation of peach fruit moth (Carposina sasakii) depends on diapause and spring soil temperatures. J Insect Physiol. 2016;86:32-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that diapause stage and soil temperatures should be taken into account when predicting field dynamics of soil-dwelling overwintering insects based on degree day accumulation models and other approaches. ..
- Begna D, Han B, Feng M, Fang Y, Li J. Differential expressions of nuclear proteomes between honeybee (Apis mellifera L.) Queen and Worker Larvae: a deep insight into caste pathway decisions. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:1317-29 pubmed publisher..Also, it provides new insights into the honeybee's polymorphism at nuclear proteome level and paves new ways to understand mechanisms of caste decision in other eusocial insects...
- Wen W, Xia X, Chen X, Wang H, Zhu B, Li H, et al. Bioconcentration of perfluoroalkyl substances by Chironomus plumosus larvae in water with different types of dissolved organic matters. Environ Pollut. 2016;213:299-307 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that the effects of DOM on PFAS bioconcentration depend not only on the concentration but also on the molecule weight of DOM, which should be considered in the bioavailability assessment of PFASs. ..
- Yang Y, Qi S, Chen J, Liu Y, Teng M, Wang C. Toxic Effects of Bromothalonil and Flutolanil on Multiple Developmental Stages in Zebrafish. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2016;97:91-7 pubmed publisher..This study provides a foundation for future investigation into the mechanism of bromothalonil and flutolanil toxicity in zebrafish. ..
- Da Wang -, Shi X, Dai P, Liu D, Dai X, Shang Z, et al. Comparison of fitness traits and their plasticity on multiple plants for Sitobion avenae infected and cured of a secondary endosymbiont. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23177 pubmed publisher..The identified effects of R. insecticola infections could have significant implications for the ecology and evolution of its host populations in natural conditions. ..
- Zhang P, Zhang H. Autophagy modulates miRNA-mediated gene silencing and selectively degrades AIN-1/GW182 in C. elegans. EMBO Rep. 2013;14:568-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, autophagy activity modulates miRNA-mediated gene silencing and degrades a core miRISC component. ..
- Chen Y, Yao B, Zhu Z, Yi Y, Lin X, Zhang Z, et al. A constitutive super-enhancer: homologous region 3 of Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;318:1039-44 pubmed..The utilizing of this promoter-enhancer combination in the baculovirus expression vector system (BEVS) was also carried out to further confirm the function of hr3 enhancer. ..
- Zhao R, Sun D, Fu S, Wang X, Zhao R. Bioconcentration kinetics of PCBs in various parts of the lifecycle of the tadpoles Xenopus laevis. J Environ Sci (China). 2007;19:374-84 pubmed..Besides the amphibian metamorphous development, the lifecycle of the tadpole Xenopus laevis also may be of importance in determining the bioconcentration of PCB congeners...
- Abbasi B, Ahmed K, Khalique F, Ayub N, Liu H, Raza Kazmi S, et al. Rearing the cotton bollworm, Helicoverpa armigera, on a tapioca-based artificial diet. J Insect Sci. 2007;7:35 pubmed publisher..13 times less than the cost of rearing on the agar-based artificial diet. These results demonstrate the effectiveness and potential cost savings of the tapioca-based artificial diet for rearing H. armigera...
- Liu M, Wang Y, Wangyang W, Liu F, Cui Y, Duan Y, et al. Design, synthesis, and insecticidal activities of phthalamides containing a hydrazone substructure. J Agric Food Chem. 2010;58:6858-63 pubmed publisher..On comparison of the bioassay results of stomach toxicity and larvicidal activity, it is noteworthy that the compound incorporating phenylpyrazolyl exhibited good larvicidal activity and poor stomach activity. ..
- Ma G, Sun X, Zhang Y, Li Z, Shen Z. Molecular cloning and characterization of a prenyltransferase from the cotton aphid, Aphis gossypii. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;40:552-61 pubmed publisher..These data suggested that, unlike the green peach aphid and the pea aphid, the cotton aphid appears to contain only a single IPPS with dual FPP/GPP synthase activity. ..
- Gao Y, Jurat Fuentes J, Oppert B, Fabrick J, Liu C, Gao J, et al. Increased toxicity of Bacillus thuringiensis Cry3Aa against Crioceris quatuordecimpunctata, Phaedon brassicae and Colaphellus bowringi by a Tenebrio molitor cadherin fragment. Pest Manag Sci. 2011;67:1076-81 pubmed publisher..To test this hypothesis, the relative toxicity of Cry3Aa, with or without rTmCad1p, against damaging chrysomelid vegetable pests of China was evaluated...
- Du J, Zhang J, Su Y, Liu M, Ospina J, Yang S, et al. In vivo RNAi screen reveals neddylation genes as novel regulators of Hedgehog signaling. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24168 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a conserved molecular mechanism of the neddylation pathway in Drosophila and sheds light on the complex post-translational regulations in Hh signaling. ..
- Tang Q, Hu Y, Kang L, Wang C. Characterization of glucose-induced glucose oxidase gene and protein expression in Helicoverpa armigera larvae. Arch Insect Biochem Physiol. 2012;79:104-19 pubmed publisher..These results proved that GOX expressions in larval labial salivary glands induced by dietary glucose were exhibited not only on transcriptional levels, but also on translational/posttranslational levels. ..
- Lai D, Liu D, Deng Z, van Ofwegen L, Proksch P, Lin W. Antifouling eunicellin-type diterpenoids from the gorgonian Astrogorgia sp. J Nat Prod. 2012;75:1595-602 pubmed..59 ?g/mL, while the other analogues were effective within an EC(50) range of 5.14-17.8 ?g/mL. ..
- Wei X, Zhang X, Shen D, Wang H, Wu Q, Lu P, et al. Transcriptome analysis of Barbarea vulgaris infested with diamondback moth (Plutella xylostella) larvae. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64481 pubmed publisher..A pyrosequencing-based transcriptome analysis of B. vulgaris during DBM larval feeding was performed to identify genes and gene networks responsible for saponin biosynthesis and its regulation at the genome level...
- Yang Y, Qi S, Wang D, Wang K, Zhu L, Chai T, et al. Toxic effects of thifluzamide on zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Hazard Mater. 2016;307:127-36 pubmed publisher..These might be responsible for the adverse expansion of the apoptosis- and immune-related genes, which would facilitate the action of these factors in programmed cell death and might play a key role during the toxic events. ..
- Zhang H, Wang P, Zhang A, Li X, Zhang J, Qin Q, et al. Antioxidant activities of protein hydrolysates obtained from the housefly larvae. Acta Biol Hung. 2016;67:236-46 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that both housefly larvae protein hydrolysates display high antioxidant activities and they could serve as potential natural antioxidant food additives. ..
- Gong Z. Behavioral dissection of Drosophila larval phototaxis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;382:395-9 pubmed publisher..It is proposed that Drosophila larval phototaxis is determined by a fast phase immediate light/dark choice and an independent slow phase light/dark-induced motility alteration that follows. ..
- Cai Q, Wang W, Gao Y, Yang Y, Zhu Z, Fan Q. Ce-wts-1 plays important roles in Caenorhabditis elegans development. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:3158-64 pubmed publisher..In addition, CE-WTS-1::GFP is enriched near the inner cell membrane, implying its possible membrane-related function. ..
- Liu J, Wu Q, He D, Ma T, Du L, Dui W, et al. Drosophila sbo regulates lifespan through its function in the synthesis of coenzyme Q in vivo. J Genet Genomics. 2011;38:225-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that sbo is an essential gene for Drosophila development, mutation of which leads to an extension of lifespan most likely by altering endogenous CoQ biosynthesis. ..
- Tong X, Xia Z, Zu Y, Telfer H, Hu J, Yu J, et al. ngs (notochord granular surface) gene encodes a novel type of intermediate filament family protein essential for notochord maintenance in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:2711-20 pubmed publisher..Our work sheds light on the mechanisms of notochord structural maintenance, as well as the evolution and biological function of IF family proteins. ..
- Xiao Y, Jiang J, Hu W, Zhao Y, Hu J. Toxicity of triphenyltin on the development of retinal axons in zebrafish at low dose. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;189:9-15 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to report that TPT can interfere with development of retinal axons in fish at low dose. ..
- Fan Y, Shi X. Characterization of the metabolic transformation of thiamethoxam to clothianidin in Helicoverpa armigera larvae by SPE combined UPLC-MS/MS and its relationship with the toxicity of thiamethoxam to Helicoverpa armigera larvae. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1061-1062:349-355 pubmed publisher..armigera larvae, meanwhile, CLO as TMX metabolite at a very low level in vivo didn't contribute to TMX toxicity to H. armigera larvae. In H. armigera larvae, TMX didn't act as proinsecticide for CLO in insecticidal efficacy of TMX. ..
- Zhang H, Zhang Y, Qin Q, Li X, Miao L, Wang Y, et al. New cell lines from larval fat bodies of Spodoptera exigua: characterization and susceptibility to baculoviruses (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). J Invertebr Pathol. 2006;91:9-12 pubmed..The cell lines were confirmed to have originated from the S. exigua by DAF-PCR technique. They were susceptible to the multiple nucleocapsid nuclear polyhedrosis viruses from S. exigua. ..
- Lu Y, Lv Y, Ye Y, Wang Y, Hong Y, Fortini M, et al. A role for presenilin in post-stress regulation: effects of presenilin mutations on Ca2+ currents in Drosophila. FASEB J. 2007;21:2368-78 pubmed..Our findings suggest a new stress-related mechanism by which presenilin may be implicated in the neuropathology of AD. ..
- Zhou J, Huang H, Meng K, Shi P, Wang Y, Luo H, et al. Molecular and biochemical characterization of a novel xylanase from the symbiotic Sphingobacterium sp. TN19. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2009;85:323-33 pubmed publisher..These properties suggest that XynA19 has various potential applications, especially in aquaculture and the food industry...
- Gu R, Sun W, Zhou H, Wu Z, Meng Z, Zhu X, et al. The performance of a fly-larva shell-derived chitosan sponge as an absorbable surgical hemostatic agent. Biomaterials. 2010;31:1270-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, CS has promising properties as an absorbable, implantable agent for promoting perioperative hemostasis and this material warrants further study. ..
- Li H, Pan L, Gou K. Depletion of ribosomal protein L8 impairs Drosophila development and is associated with apoptosis. Sci China Life Sci. 2010;53:1092-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that depletion of L8 strongly impairs Drosophila development, and that this depletion is associated with cell proliferation arrest and apoptosis, in which p53 may play a central role. ..
- Wei H, Li K, Zhang S, Cao Y, Yin J. Identification of candidate chemosensory genes by transcriptome analysis in Loxostege sticticalis Linnaeus. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174036 pubmed publisher..sticticalis. Our findings will provide the basic knowledge for further studies on the molecular mechanisms of the olfactory system of L. sticticalis and potential novel targets for pest control strategies. ..
- Zhu W, Zhang H, Meng Q, Wang M, Zhou G, Li X, et al. Metabolic insights into the cold survival strategy and overwintering of the common cutworm, Spodoptera litura (Fabricius) (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). J Insect Physiol. 2017;100:53-64 pubmed publisher..litura, to low temperatures and explains how fluctuating temperatures facilitate their long-term cold survival indicating the possibility for overwintering of S. litura larvae with global warming and agricultural reforms. ..
- Qiu X, Li W, Tian Y, Leng X. Cytochrome P450 monooxygenases in the cotton bollworm (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae): tissue difference and induction. J Econ Entomol. 2003;96:1283-9 pubmed..The induction of the midgut with PMB and of the fatbody with NA and PMB resulted in marked intensification of the protein bands with molecular masses of 59,100, 53,400, 50,400 Da. ..
- Wang X, Yang Z. [Spatial pattern relationships between emerald ash borer larvae and their natural enemies]. Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao. 2005;16:1427-31 pubmed..37 m in height, with a peak around the 1.50 m. Their natural enemies also favored this range...
- Han L, Liu P, Wu K, Peng Y, Wang F. Population dynamics of Sesamia inferens on transgenic rice expressing Cry1Ac and CpTI in southern China. Environ Entomol. 2008;37:1361-70 pubmed..These results indicate that S. inferens may become a major pest in fields of prospective commercially released transgenic rice, and more attention should be paid to developing an effective alternative management strategy. ..
- Li D, Chen X, Zhou J, Xu Z, Nawa Y, Dekumyoy P. Short report: case of gnathostomiasis in Beijing, China. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2009;80:185-7 pubmed..Cutaneous and visceral larva migrations associated with G. spinigerum were diagnosed. Twenty-three cases in 12 provinces have been reported in the Chinese literature but none have been reported in English...
- Ning C, Wu K, Liu C, Gao Y, Jurat Fuentes J, Gao X. Characterization of a Cry1Ac toxin-binding alkaline phosphatase in the midgut from Helicoverpa armigera (Hübner) larvae. J Insect Physiol. 2010;56:666-72 pubmed publisher..Our data represent the first report on HaALPs and their putative role as receptors for Cry1Ac toxin in H. armigera...
- Ding C, Zhang J, Zhao Y, Peng Z, Song D, Jiang J. Zebrafish as a potential model organism for drug test against hepatitis C virus. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22921 pubmed publisher..Thus, zebrafish might be a model organism to host HCV, and this zebrafish/HCV (sub-replicon) system could be an animal model for anti-HCV drug screening and evaluation. ..
- Xie D, Luo L, Sappington T, Jiang X, Zhang L. Comparison of reproductive and flight capacity of Loxostege sticticalis (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae), developing from diapause and non-diapause larvae. Environ Entomol. 2012;41:1199-207 pubmed publisher..However, there were no significant differences between sexes within the two categories of moths in terms of total flight duration, total flight distance, flight velocity, and longest flight duration. ..
- Xie W, Lei Y, Fu W, Yang Z, Zhu X, Guo Z, et al. Tissue-specific transcriptome profiling of Plutella xylostella third instar larval midgut. Int J Biol Sci. 2012;8:1142-55 pubmed publisher..In addition, current sequencing effort greatly enriched the existing P. xylostella EST database, and makes RNAseq a viable option in the future genomic analysis...
- Xiong Y, Zeng H, Zhang Y, Xu D, Qiu D. Silencing the HaHR3 gene by transgenic plant-mediated RNAi to disrupt Helicoverpa armigera development. Int J Biol Sci. 2013;9:370-81 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that both recombinant bacteria and transgenic plants could induce HaHR3 silence to disrupt H. armigera development, transgenic plant-mediated RNAi is emerging as a powerful approach for controlling insect pests. ..
- Chang X, Liu G, He K, Shen Z, Peng Y, Ye G. Efficacy evaluation of two transgenic maize events expressing fused proteins to CrylAb-susceptible and -resistant Ostrinia furnacalis (Lepidoptera: Crambidae). J Econ Entomol. 2013;106:2548-56 pubmed..In conclusion, it is clear that both Bt maize events (N30 and V3) show great potential for protecting maize from attack by Asian corn borer that has resistance to Cry1Ab protein. ..
- Ding L, Chen Y, Wei X, Ni M, Zhang J, Wang H, et al. Laboratory evaluation of transgenic Populus davidiana×Populus bolleana expressing Cry1Ac + SCK, Cry1Ah3, and Cry9Aa3 genes against gypsy moth and fall webworm. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178754 pubmed publisher..cunea larvae are more sensitive to the insecticidal proteins compared to L. dispar. Transgenic poplar lines toxic to L. dispar and H. cunea could be used to provide Lepidoptera pest resistance to selected strains of poplar trees. ..
- Wang Y, Li J, Li T, Liu R, Jia L, Wei X, et al. Comparative profiling of microRNAs and their association with sexual dimorphism in the fig wasp Ceratosolen solmsi. Gene. 2017;633:54-60 pubmed publisher..We focused mainly on the miRNAs with significantly different expression patterns between sexes and among different life stages, as well as their putative associations with metamorphosis and the formation of sexual dimorphism. ..
- Chang X, Lu Z, Shen Z, Peng Y, Ye G. Bitrophic and Tritrophic Effects of Transgenic cry1Ab/cry2Aj Maize on the Beneficial, Nontarget Harmonia axyridis (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae). Environ Entomol. 2017;46:1171-1176 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results indicate that transgenic cry1Ab/cry2Aj maize poses no ecological risks on the nontarget predator H. axyridis...
- Yu D, Feng C, Guo A. Altered outward K(+) currents in Drosophila larval neurons of memory mutants rutabaga and amnesiac. J Neurobiol. 1999;40:158-70 pubmed..Arachidonic acid, a specifical inhibitor of Kv4 family (shal) K(+) channels, was found to inhibit K(+) currents in cultured Drosophila neurons, suggesting the presence of shal channels in these neurons. ..
- Zhao L, Wei W, Kang L, Sun J. Chemotaxis of the pinewood nematode, Bursaphelenchus xylophilus, to volatiles associated with host pine, Pinus massoniana, and its vector Monochamus alternatus. J Chem Ecol. 2007;33:1207-16 pubmed..Capture of J(III) with terpene-baited trap tubes deployed for 2 hr in the field was demonstrated. This technique may lead to the development of rapid sampling methodologies for use at either ports-of-entry or in the field...
- Yu H, Zhang Y, Wyckhuys K, Wu K, Gao X, Guo Y. Electrophysiological and behavioral responses of Microplitis mediator (Hymenoptera: Braconidae) to caterpillar-induced volatiles from cotton. Environ Entomol. 2010;39:600-9 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the combination of terpenoids and green leaf volatiles may not only facilitate host, mate, or food location but may also increase H. armigera parasitism by M. mediator. ..
- Gong Z, Liu J, Guo C, Zhou Y, Teng Y, Liu L. Two pairs of neurons in the central brain control Drosophila innate light preference. Science. 2010;330:499-502 pubmed publisher..Our results revealed a neural mechanism that could enable the adjustment of animals' response strategies to environmental stimuli according to biological needs. ..
- Gao Y, Lei Z, Abe Y, Reitz S. Species displacements are common to two invasive species of leafminer fly in China, Japan, and the United States. J Econ Entomol. 2011;104:1771-3 pubmed..sativae populations. This lower insecticide susceptibility of L. trifolii may be associated with the displacement of L. sativae by L. trifolii, although additional ecological or environmental factors cannot be ruled out. ..
- Shi P, Li B, Ge F. Intrinsic optimum temperature of the diamondback moth and its ecological meaning. Environ Entomol. 2012;41:714-22 pubmed publisher..Because the intrinsic rate of increase cannot reflect the density-dependence of population and the trade-off between individual body mass and population size, it is inappropriate to equate these two concepts. ..
- Mao J, Zeng F. Feeding-based RNA interference of a gap gene is lethal to the pea aphid, Acyrthosiphon pisum. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48718 pubmed publisher..Continuous feeding of Aphb double-stranded RNA mixed in artificial diet led to reduction of Aphb transcripts and rise of insect lethality. These results indicated that hunchback was a good RNAi target in the management of insect pests. ..
- Zhao Y, Qin W, Zhang J, Hu Z, Tong J, Ding C, et al. HCV IRES-mediated core expression in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56985 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the feasibility of the zebrafish model for screening of anti-HCV drugs targeting to HCV-IRES. The zebrafish system provides a novel evidence of using zebrafish as a HCV model organism. ..
- Lu B, Liu W, Guo F, Guo A. Circadian modulation of light-induced locomotion responses in Drosophila melanogaster. Genes Brain Behav. 2008;7:730-9 pubmed publisher..This, taken together with the clear difference of light responses in wildtype flies, suggests that two different masking mechanisms may underlie the circadian modulation of light-induced locomotion responses. ..
- Huang X, Zhang H, Zhang H. The zinc-finger protein SEA-2 regulates larval developmental timing and adult lifespan in C. elegans. Development. 2011;138:2059-68 pubmed publisher..Our study provides evidence for intricate interplay between the heterochronic circuit that controls developmental timing in larvae and the timing mechanism that modulates aging in adults. ..
- Tian Y, Bi J, Shui G, Liu Z, Xiang Y, Liu Y, et al. Tissue-autonomous function of Drosophila seipin in preventing ectopic lipid droplet formation. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1001364 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have demonstrated a tissue-autonomous role of dSeipin in ectopic lipid storage in lipodystrophy. ..
- Jiang X, Zhai H, Wang L, Luo L, Sappington T, Zhang L. Cloning of the heat shock protein 90 and 70 genes from the beet armyworm, Spodoptera exigua, and expression characteristics in relation to thermal stress and development. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2012;17:67-80 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that, in addition to heat shock responses, both Se-hsp90 and Se-hsp70 might be involved in development. ..
- Yang L, Wang X, Bai S, Li X, Gu S, Wang C, et al. Expressional divergence of insect GOX genes: From specialist to generalist glucose oxidase. J Insect Physiol. 2017;100:21-27 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the greater GOX activity in generalist herbivores is not achieved by greater transcription rate, but by greater transcript stability, greater translation rate, better enzyme stability and/or their combination. ..
- Li J, Ma Y, Yuan W, Xiao Y, Liu C, Wang J, et al. FOXA transcriptional factor modulates insect susceptibility to Bacillus thuringiensis Cry1Ac toxin by regulating the expression of toxin-receptor ABCC2 and ABCC3 genes. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;88:1-11 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that FOXA up-regulates expression of the Cry1Ac-toxin receptor ABCC2 and ABCC3 genes, and that lower FOXA expression correlates with tolerance to Cry toxin in cell lines and in lepidopteran larvae. ..
- Li C, Dong Y, Song F, Zhang X, Gu W, Zhao T. Company amplification of estalpha2/estbeta2 and correlation between esterase gene copy number and resistance to insecticides in the field Culex pipiens pallens strains collected from Beijing, China. J Med Entomol. 2009;46:539-45 pubmed..However, correlation of estalpha2 gene and LC50 value to propoxur and phoxim, or estbeta2 gene and three kinds of insecticides, was not significant...
- Guo L, Tang B, Dong W, Liang P, Gao X. Cloning, characterisation and expression profiling of the cDNA encoding the ryanodine receptor in diamondback moth, Plutella xylostella (L.) (Lepidoptera: Plutellidae). Pest Manag Sci. 2012;68:1605-14 pubmed publisher..xylostella at various levels. The results provided the basis for further understanding of the mechanisms of resistance to diamide insecticides in P. xylostella. ..
- Woltedji D, Fang Y, Han B, Feng M, Li R, Lu X, et al. Proteome analysis of hemolymph changes during the larval to pupal development stages of honeybee workers (Apis mellifera ligustica). J Proteome Res. 2013;12:5189-98 pubmed publisher..Our data provide new evidence that changes in the hemolymph at the proteome level match the processes during life transitions in the honeybee. ..
- Cui F, Tan Y, Qiao C. Filariasis vector in China: insecticide resistance and population structure of mosquito Culex pipiens complex. Pest Manag Sci. 2007;63:453-8 pubmed..28, P < 10(-4)), and genetic exchange was slightly restricted by distance isolation (P = 0.018)...