Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on lactation in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
- Qin Y, Chen S, Lai S. Polymorphisms of mitochondrial ATPase 8/6 genes and association with milk production traits in Holstein cows. Anim Biotechnol. 2012;23:204-12 pubmed publisher..563 ± 0.030 and 0.00609 ± 0.00043, respectively. The results suggested that mitochondrial ATPase 8/6 genes could be potentially used as molecular marker to genetically improve milk production in Holstein cows. ..
- Zheng J, Xiao X, Zhang Q, Wang T, Yu M, Xu J. Maternal Low-Protein Diet Modulates Glucose Metabolism and Hepatic MicroRNAs Expression in the Early Life of Offspring †. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..Our findings provide novel evidence that maternal LPD can regulate miRNAs expression, which may be associated with chronic inflammation status and metabolic health in offspring as early as the weaning age. ..
- Xie Y, Yang S, Cui X, Jiang L, Zhang S, Zhang Q, et al. Identification and expression pattern of two novel alternative splicing variants of EEF1D gene of dairy cattle. Gene. 2014;534:189-96 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings present the first report on the alternative splicing of the bovine EEF1D gene and provided basis for further investigation on function validation of EEF1D in dairy cattle. ..
- Alim M, Fan Y, Wu X, Xie Y, Zhang S, Sun D, et al. Genetic effects of stearoyl-coenzyme A desaturase (SCD) polymorphism on milk production traits in the Chinese dairy population. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:8733-40 pubmed publisher..9) between the five SNPs were also observed. The results suggest that identified polymorphisms could be potential genetic markers to improve the production performance of Chinese Holstein...
- Sun D, Jia J, Ma Y, Wang Y, Yu Y, Zhang Y. Effects of DGAT1 and GHR on milk yield and milk composition in the Chinese dairy population. Anim Genet. 2009;40:997-1000 pubmed publisher..279Phe by p.279Tyr may lead to a significant increase in protein percentage. Our findings indicate that DGAT1 p.232Ala and GHR p.279Phe could be used to increase milk yield and protein yield of Chinese Holstein cows. ..
- Wang X, Xu S, Ma T, Gao X, Ren H, Chen J. [Genetic variation in the 5' flanking region of bovine TLR4 gene and correlation with mastitis]. Yi Chuan. 2006;28:1520-4 pubmed..05), but not by different genotypes (P > 0.05). ..
- Yu S, Liang M, Fan B, Xu H, Li C, Zhang Q, et al. Maternally derived recombinant human anti-hantavirus monoclonal antibodies are transferred to mouse offspring during lactation and neutralize virus in vitro. J Virol. 2006;80:4183-6 pubmed..Both the rHMAbs in the milk of transgenic mice and those in the sera of suckling pups were found to be active against hantaviruses, although the light chain of the antibody absorbed by the pups was modified by N-linked glycosylation. ..
- Wang W, Lv N, Zhang S, Shui G, Qian H, Zhang J, et al. Cidea is an essential transcriptional coactivator regulating mammary gland secretion of milk lipids. Nat Med. 2012;18:235-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, Cidea acts as a previously unknown transcriptional coactivator of C/EBP? in mammary glands to control lipid secretion and pup survival. ..
- Ding M, Li W, Zhang Y, Wang X, Zhao A, Zhao X, et al. Amino acid composition of lactating mothers' milk and confinement diet in rural North China. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2010;19:344-9 pubmed..However, almost no relation is found between the amino acids concentration in maternal diet and milk, suggesting that the amino acids content of the diet does not have a direct relation with that of human milk. ..
- Zhang S, Mao Y, Huang J, Ma T, Zhang L, Zhu X, et al. Immunoglobulin gene locus events in epithelial cells of lactating mouse mammary glands. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2010;67:985-94 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that IgG is expressed by mammary gland epithelial cells of lactating mice, and suggest that the IgG found in murine colostrum is at least partially produced by the mammary gland epithelial cells. ..
- Wan Z, Wang X, Xu L, Geng Q, Zhang Y. Lipid content and fatty acids composition of mature human milk in rural North China. Br J Nutr. 2010;103:913-6 pubmed publisher..19 %. Not any form of trans FA were found in human milk samples. A maternal diet transition is proceeding in China. Further investigation on the analysis of human milk FA composition is needed to upgrade the human milk database in China...
- Weng Q, Shi Z, Kawaguchi M, Watanabe G, Taya K. Expression of nerve growth factor and its receptors trkA and p75 and inhibin alpha-subunit in the ovarian interstitial cells of lactating golden hamsters. J Reprod Dev. 2008;54:397-401 pubmed
- Shi J, Feng W, Wang M, Zhang F, Li B, Wang B, et al. Investigation of mercury-containing proteins by enriched stable isotopic tracer and size-exclusion chromatography hyphenated to inductively coupled plasma-isotope dilution mass spectrometry. Anal Chim Acta. 2007;583:84-91 pubmed..The study demonstrates that the tracer method combined with high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)-ICP-IDMS could provide reliably qualitative and quantitative information on mercury-containing proteins in organisms...
- Wang Z, Dang S, Xing Y, Li Q, Yan H. Dietary patterns and their associations with energy, nutrient intake and socioeconomic factors in rural lactating mothers in Tibet. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2017;26:450-456 pubmed publisher..There is, therefore, potential for dietary patterns to be used as a valid tool in assessing Tibetan diet. ..
- Jorgensen J, Yang Z, Lonnerdal B, Chantry C, Dewey K. Plasma Ferritin and Hepcidin Are Lower at 4 Months Postpartum among Women with Elevated C-Reactive Protein or ?1-Acid Glycoprotein. J Nutr. 2017;147:1194-1199 pubmed publisher..b>Conclusion: Lower ferritin and hepcidin among women with elevated CRP or AGP at 17 wk postpartum suggests that these markers of iron status react differently to physiologic immune activation than to pathologic inflammatory states. ..
- Man Y, Chow K, Xing G, Chan J, Wu S, Wong M. A pilot study on health risk assessment based on body loadings of PCBs of lactating mothers at Taizhou, China, the world's major site for recycling transformers. Environ Pollut. 2017;227:364-371 pubmed publisher..A more intensive epidemiological study on the potential health effects of e-waste recycling activities affecting both workers and residents seems to be of top priority, based on findings of this pilot study. ..
- Zheng X, Ning C, Dong Y, Zhao P, Li J, Fan Z, et al. Quantitative proteome analysis of bovine mammary gland reveals protein dynamic changes involved in peak and late lactation stages. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;494:292-297 pubmed publisher..We expect findings in this study could be a valuable resource for future studies investigating the bovine proteome and functional studies...