Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Publications2052 found, 100 shown here
- Yin N, Du H, Wang P, Cai X, Chen P, Sun G, et al. Interindividual variability of soil arsenic metabolism by human gut microbiota using SHIME model. Chemosphere. 2017;184:460-466 pubmed publisher..This study provides a better understanding of health risk assessment to adults and children upon soil As exposures. ..
- Liu J, Li H, Tong M, Li M, Na Y. [Genetic risk factors of prostate cancer in Han nationality population in Northern China and a preliminary study of the reason of racial difference in prevalence of prostate cancer]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2004;84:364-8 pubmed..The distributions of the genotypes of AR, SRD5A2 and VDR gene are different among different ethnic population, which may be one of the reasons causing the racial difference in prostate cancer risk. ..
- Pei L, Ren A, Zhu H, Hao L, Zhao W, Li Z, et al. [Study on reduced folate carrier gene (RFC1) polymorphism in the southern and northern Chinese population]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2004;25:499-502 pubmed..This study provided genetic epidemiological data for etiological hypothesis between RFC1 and diseases relative to folate metabolism. ..
- Tian R, Li S, Wang D, Zhao Z, Liu Y, He R. The acidic C-terminal domain stabilizes the chaperone function of protein disulfide isomerase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:48830-5 pubmed..This suggests that domain c is required for the stabilization and maintenance of the chaperone function of PDI under extreme conditions. ..
- Tan W, Miao X, Wang L, Yu C, Xiong P, Liang G, et al. Significant increase in risk of gastroesophageal cancer is associated with interaction between promoter polymorphisms in thymidylate synthase and serum folate status. Carcinogenesis. 2005;26:1430-5 pubmed..97 (95% CI=5.67-17.53) and 1.88 (95% CI=1.18-3.24) for the normal expression genotype (P=0.002 and 0.029). These results suggest an important role for folate deficiency and impaired TS activity in the etiology of ESCC and GCA. ..
- Wu Z, Zhang X, Yang J, Wu G, Zhang Y, Yuan Y, et al. Nuclear protein IkappaB-zeta inhibits the activity of STAT3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;387:348-52 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that IkappaB-zeta is a negative regulator of STAT3, and demonstrate a novel mechanism in which a component of the NF-kappaB signaling pathway inhibits the activation of STAT3. ..
- Fan G, Li Z, Shen S, Zeng Y, Yang Y, Xu M, et al. Baculiferins A-O, O-sulfated pyrrole alkaloids with anti-HIV-1 activity, from the Chinese marine sponge Iotrochota baculifera. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010;18:5466-74 pubmed publisher..Additional bioassay revealed that baculiferins could dramatically bind to the HIV-1 target proteins Vif, APOBEC3G, and gp41, for which structure-activity relationships are discussed. ..
- Huang Y, Wu J, Li R, Wang P, Han L, Zhang Z, et al. B-MYB delays cell aging by repressing p16 (INK4?) transcription. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2011;68:893-901 pubmed publisher..This study provides evidence of the capacity of B-MYB not only to regulate p16 ( INK4? ) expression but also the phenotypic consequence on cellular senescence. ..
- Su C, Pei J, Lu X, Tang W, Wang T. Gastrointestinal symptoms predict peritonitis rates in CAPD patients. Clin Nephrol. 2012;77:267-74 pubmed..Peritonitis is still one of the major causes of peritoneal dialysis (PD) patients' dropout. In the present study, we analyzed the relationship between gastrointestinal (GI) problems and peritonitis in our CAPD patients...
- Yu H, Chen X, Zhu W, Cao C. A quasi-experimental study of Chinese top-level speed skaters' training load: threshold versus polarized model. Int J Sports Physiol Perform. 2012;7:103-12 pubmed..Training-intensity distribution based on a polarized-training model led to the success in top Chinese sprint speed skaters in the 2005-06 season. ..
- Zhang J, Zhang W. [Relationship of cytomegalovirus, Chlamydia pneumoniae and herpes simplex virus type 2 infections with preeclampsia]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2012;92:1413-5 pubmed..To explore the potential relationship of cytomegalovirus (CMV), Chlamydia pneumoniae (CP) and herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2) in inflammation and preeclampsia...
- Ding Y, Zhang Y, Xu C, Tao Q, Chen Y. HECT domain-containing E3 ubiquitin ligase NEDD4L negatively regulates Wnt signaling by targeting dishevelled for proteasomal degradation. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:8289-98 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that NEDD4L inhibits Dvl2-induced axis duplication in Xenopus embryos. Our work thus demonstrates that NEDD4L is a negative feedback regulator of Wnt signaling. ..
- Han Y, Zhang J, Chen N, He L, Zhou M, Zhu C. Corticosteroids for preventing postherpetic neuralgia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013;:CD005582 pubmed publisher..Future trials should include measurements of function and quality of life. ..
- Xu C, Zhu S, Wang M, Guo S, Sun X, Cheng R, et al. Pathway analysis of differentially expressed genes in human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2015;19:1652-61 pubmed..Investigation of the mechanism underlying ESCC can provide a direction for the clinical prevention and treatment of ESCC. ..
- Shen X, Kan S, Hu J, Li M, Lu G, Zhang M, et al. EMC6/TMEM93 suppresses glioblastoma proliferation by modulating autophagy. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2043 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that EMC6-induced autophagy may play a positive role in suppressing the development of glioblastoma. ..
- Li J, Wang X, Chen C, Xu X, Hong X, Xu X, et al. The association between paired basic amino acid cleaving enzyme 4 gene haplotype and diastolic blood pressure. Chin Med J (Engl). 2004;117:382-8 pubmed..This study for the first time demonstrated that PACE4 gene may play an important role in the regulation of DBP. This association indicates that variations influencing DBP resides in or near this genomic region. ..
- Lu J, Zhang Y, Chen Y, Pan H, Wang J, Zhang L, et al. [T-type calcium channel gene-CACNA1H is a susceptibility gene to childhood absence epilepsy]. Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi. 2005;43:133-6 pubmed..T-type calcium channel gene-CACNA1H might be a susceptibility gene to childhood absence epilepsy. ..
- Gong M, Meng L, Liu W, Zhang J, Shou C. [Establishment of a stable and regulable 293 cell line expressing mycoplasma hyorhinis protein P37]. Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2005;37:575-8 pubmed..To establish a stable cell line, which can express P37 protein of mycoplasma hyorhinis and be regulated by tetracycline, for investigating the effect of p37 on phenotype of cells and its mechanism...
- Zhang Z, Zahner G, Roman G, Liu X, Wu C, Hong Z, et al. Socio-demographic variation of dementia subtypes in china: Methodology and results of a prevalence study in Beijing, Chengdu, Shanghai, and Xian. Neuroepidemiology. 2006;27:177-87 pubmed..Sociodemographic factors are probable surrogates for conditions such as lifestyle, environment, comorbidities, and life expectancy. ..
- Zhang X, Wang C, Dai H, Lin Y, Zhang J. Association between angiotensin-converting enzyme gene polymorphisms and exercise performance in patients with COPD. Respirology. 2008;13:683-8 pubmed publisher..The ACE gene may be involved in the regulation of skeletal muscle aerobic work efficiency, but is not associated with the ventilatory responses to exercise in COPD patients. ..
- Kong B, Liu Y, Lu X. Decreased expression of neurotrophic tyrosine receptor kinase 3 is associated with the outflow tract defect of human tetralogy of Fallot. Chin Med J (Engl). 2009;122:153-7 pubmed..Insufficient expression of NTRK3 is associated with the outflow tract defect of human tetralogy of Fallot and may contribute to the progression of this defect. ..
- Zhang D, Hao J, Yang N. Protein C and D-dimer are related to portal vein thrombosis in patients with liver cirrhosis. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010;25:116-21 pubmed publisher..The development of PVT in these patients may be independently associated with the decrease of PC, PS and D-dimer. Furthermore, decreasing PC and increasing D-dimer may be risk factors inducing PVT in cirrhotic patients. ..
- Ding Y, Zou L, He B, Yue W, Liu Z, Zhang D. ACTH receptor (MC2R) promoter variants associated with infantile spasms modulate MC2R expression and responsiveness to ACTH. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2010;20:71-6 pubmed publisher..The results showed that the haplotype TCCT in MC2R promoter significantly led to increased MC2R expression and strong responses to ACTH, providing evidence of the molecular mechanism of ACTH therapy in IS. ..
- Wang F, Han X, Ren Q, Zhang X, Han L, Luo Y, et al. Effect of genetic variants in KCNJ11, ABCC8, PPARG and HNF4A loci on the susceptibility of type 2 diabetes in Chinese Han population. Chin Med J (Engl). 2009;122:2477-82 pubmed..The aim of this study was to test, in a Chinese Han population from Beijing, whether the genetic variants in these four genes were associated with genetic predisposition to type 2 diabetes...
- Zou Z, Hu H, Song M, Shen Y, Guo X, McElreavey K, et al. Semen quality analysis of military personnel from six geographical areas of the People's Republic of China. Fertil Steril. 2011;95:2018-23, 2023.e1-3 pubmed publisher..The men had markedly lower mean sperm concentrations, sperm counts, and sperm motility compared with WHO recommendations. Possible contributory factors included diet, lifestyle, climate, and altitude. ..
- Jin Y, Wu J, Song X, Song Q, Cully B, Messmer Blust A, et al. RTEF-1, an upstream gene of hypoxia-inducible factor-1?, accelerates recovery from ischemia. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:22699-705 pubmed publisher..These results identify RTEF-1 as a regulator of HIF-1? transcription, which results in up-regulation of HIF-1? and acceleration of recovery from ischemia. ..
- Li M, He H, Shi W, Li J, Lv B, Wang C, et al. Quantification of the human lateral geniculate nucleus in vivo using MR imaging based on morphometry: volume loss with age. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2012;33:915-21 pubmed publisher..The volumes obtained by our method corresponded well with previously reported postmortem values, so our method may be considered to be superior for investigating the pathology of LGN. ..
- Dong J, Shen Q, Li J, Du W, Pang H, Lin S, et al. [Identification of a novel PHOX2A gene mutation in a Chinese family with congenital fibrosis of extraocular muscles type 2]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2012;29:5-8 pubmed publisher..The same mutation was not found in the unaffected and 100 normal controls. A mutation of the PHOX2A gene 227T to G is responsible for the onset of congenital fibrosis of extraocular muscles type 2 in this Chinese family. ..
- Wang L, Yan C, Zhao S, Fang W. Comparison of (99m)Tc-MIBI SPECT/18F-FDG PET imaging and cardiac magnetic resonance imaging in patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy: assessment of cardiac function and myocardial injury. Clin Nucl Med. 2012;37:1163-9 pubmed publisher..Combining the 2 imaging modalities is useful for providing more comprehensive evaluations of myocardial injury in patients with IDCM. ..
- Tang L, Shen H, Li X, Li Z, Liu Z, Xu J, et al. MiR-125a-5p decreases after long non-coding RNA HOTAIR knockdown to promote cancer cell apoptosis by releasing caspase 2. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2137 pubmed publisher..Our work reveals a previously unidentified apoptotic mechanism, which might be exploitable in anticancer drug development. ..
- Chen R, Yin P, Meng X, Liu C, Wang L, Xu X, et al. Fine Particulate Air Pollution and Daily Mortality. A Nationwide Analysis in 272 Chinese Cities. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017;196:73-81 pubmed publisher..Evidence concerning the acute health effects of air pollution caused by fine particulate matter (PM2.5) in developing countries is quite limited...
- Huang C, Walker E, Dadi P, Hu R, Xu Y, Zhang W, et al. Synaptotagmin 4 Regulates Pancreatic β Cell Maturation by Modulating the Ca2+ Sensitivity of Insulin Secretion Vesicles. Dev Cell. 2018;45:347-361.e5 pubmed publisher..Finally, human SYT4 regulated GSIS in EndoC-βH1 cells, a human β cell line. These findings reveal the role that altered Ca2+ sensing plays in regulating β cell maturation. ..
- Wang H, Su Y, Han K, Pang X, Peng J, Liang B, et al. Multiple variants and a differential splicing pattern of kinectin in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Biochem Cell Biol. 2004;82:321-7 pubmed..The four splicing sites, the variants generated by alternative splicing, and the humoral immune response in HCC patients, may help to analyze the role of kinectin in human HCC cell biology. ..
- Li M, Meng Z, Xu Y, Lou Z, Rao Z. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of osteoclast-stimulating factor. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2005;61:128-30 pubmed..The crystals are primitive orthorhombic and belong to P222 or a related space group, with unit-cell parameters a = 38.1, b = 54.9, c = 64.7 A. ..
- Han X, Jia J. [Distribution characters and linkage disequilibrium analysis of APOM gene polymorphisms in Han population of North China]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2007;24:350-3 pubmed..There is apparent linkage disequilibrium among SNPs of APOM gene in Han population of North China. ..
- Li J, Fan S, Liu X, Li D, Nie Z, Li F, et al. Biased genotype distributions of Candida albicans strains associated with vulvovaginal candidosis and candidal balanoposthitis in China. Clin Infect Dis. 2008;47:1119-25 pubmed publisher..Despite the fact that extensive epidemiological studies have been performed, what triggers VVC, especially recurrence of the infection, is still uncertain...
- Yin J, Yan X, Yao X, Zhang Y, Shan Y, Mao N, et al. Secretion of annexin A3 from ovarian cancer cells and its association with platinum resistance in ovarian cancer patients. J Cell Mol Med. 2012;16:337-48 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, annexin A3 can be detected in exosomes released from cisplatin-resistant cells (SKOV3/Cis) by immunoblotting and immunoelectron microscopy. ..
- Chen H, Zhang L, Han Y, Lin T, Song X, Chen G, et al. HIV/AIDS knowledge, contraceptive knowledge, and condom use among unmarried youth in China. AIDS Care. 2012;24:1550-8 pubmed publisher..Besides, more of an effort should be made to improve youth's skill on communication and negotiation about condom use during sex. These conclusions are also useful to other countries with similar situation with China. ..
- Wang Z, Yang Y, Fu L, Yang Y, Wang S, Ma D, et al. [Effects of health management programs on weight among overweight or obese adults]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2016;37:491-5 pubmed publisher..3%, seen in the general management group, respectively, with difference statistically significant (P<0.001). The healthy management programs could effectively control the weight and body fate rate among the overweight or obese adults. ..
- Cheng G. [Prospective study on nylestriol replacement therapy in postmenopausal women]. Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi. 1993;28:534-8, 569 pubmed..6) No breast cancer was found. In conclusion, nylestriol is a convenient and acceptable drug which was beneficial for relieving climacteric syndrome, preventing osteoporosis and improving lipoprotein lipid pattern. ..
- Liu B, Qin X. [Application and analysis of biochemical indices for the evaluation of antisilicosis treatment. Study on anti-silicosis therapy and its evaluation research group]. Wei Sheng Yan Jiu. 1998;27:222-4 pubmed..The quality control and the statistics standardization for data analysis are important. ..
- Wang Y, Wang S, Mo S, Li S, Yang Y, Shi J. Phelligridimer A, a highly oxygenated and unsaturated 26-membered macrocyclic metabolite with antioxidant activity from the fungus Phellinus igniarius. Org Lett. 2005;7:4733-6 pubmed..Phelligridimer A showed antioxidant activity (IC50 of 10.2 microM) but was inactive to several human cancer cell lines (IC50 > 50 microM) and enzymes PTP1B (IC50 > 25 microM) and thrombin (IC50 > 10 microM). ..
- Lu A, Li Q, Liu J. Regulatory mechanisms for abnormal expression of the human breast cancer specific gene 1 in breast cancer cells. Sci China C Life Sci. 2006;49:403-8 pubmed..The cell type specificity of BCSG1 transcription is probably affected through intronic cis-regulatory sequences. AP1 domains in the first intron play an important role in control of BCSG1 transcription. ..
- Tian H, Stogiannidis I. Up-regulation of cartilage oligomeric matrix protein gene expression by insulin-like growth factor-I revealed by real-time reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2006;38:677-82 pubmed..In conclusion, IGF-I seems to be an important positive regulator of COMP, which may play an important role in an attempted repair of either traumatized or degenerated cartilage. ..
- Yang X, Liu Q, Cui B, Wang L, Peng Z, Ren D. [Using direct enzyme linked immunosorbent assay for the detection of IgG antibody on Bartonella henselae among healthy people in Changping, Beijing]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2007;28:688-91 pubmed..To detect Bartonella henselae IgG antibody among healthy people in Changping, Beijing...
- Li J, Zhao D, Ding J, Xiao H, Fan Q, Guan N, et al. [Clinical characteristics and WT1 genetic analysis of patients with steroid-resistant nephrotic syndrome accompanied with genitourinary malformations]. Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi. 2008;46:692-7 pubmed..The expression of podocyte molecules was also investigated in renal specimen of these WT1 mutated patients...
- Kuang H, Miao C, Guo W, Peng S, Cao Y, Duan E. Dickkopf-1 enhances migration of HEK293 cell by beta-catenin/E-cadherin degradation. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2009;14:2212-20 pubmed..Together, our data suggest that Dkk-1 stimulates the release of beta-catenin from cell membrane and facilitates cell migration which accompanies degradation of beta-catenin/E-cadherin. ..
- Jia J, Xu S. [Expression of cyclin A1 mRNA in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome and its clinical significance]. Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2009;17:377-81 pubmed..01). It is concluded that the mRNA expression of cyclin A1 in MDS patients is higher than that in normal control, the abnormal expression of cyclin A1 may be used as a prognostic marker in MDS patients. ..
- Wang J, Wu J, Wang Z. Mechanistic studies of the autoactivation of PAK2: a two-step model of cis initiation followed by trans amplification. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:2689-95 pubmed publisher..It would be particularly useful when the regulatory mechanism of the autophosphorylation reaction toward certain enzymes is being assessed. ..
- Wang Y, Wang Q, Cai Y, Ma L, Cai J. [Evaluation of atherosclerotic carotid plaque composition with magnetic resonance imaging using different sequences]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2011;31:299-303 pubmed..TOF is more sensitive and accurate than the other sequences in displaying calcification. The combination of T(1)W, TOF and CE-T(1)W allows accurate evaluation of each component of the plaque. ..
- Cheng H, Mohammed F, Nam G, Chen Y, Qi J, Garner L, et al. Crystal structure of leukocyte Ig-like receptor LILRB4 (ILT3/LIR-5/CD85k): a myeloid inhibitory receptor involved in immune tolerance. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:18013-25 pubmed publisher..These findings will facilitate our attempts to precisely define the role of LILRB4 in the regulation of immune tolerance. ..
- Chen S, Tang C, Jin H, Du J. Sulfur dioxide acts as a novel endogenous gaseous signaling molecule in the cardiovascular system. Chin Med J (Engl). 2011;124:1901-5 pubmed..However, this review highlights recent advances that suggest sulfur dioxide might be a novel endogenous gaseous signaling molecule involved in the regulation of cardiovascular functions...
- Liu C, Wang G, Zhang B, Xu H, Hu L, He X, et al. Mycoplasma pneumoniae pneumonia in hospitalized children diagnosed at acute stage by paired sera. Chin Med J (Engl). 2010;123:3444-50 pubmed..pneumoniae infection. We described the clinical and laboratory findings of M. pneumoniae pneumonia in hospitalized children who were all diagnosed by a ? fourfold increase in antibody titer...
- Ma J, Zhang L, Brown L, Li J, Shen L, Pan K, et al. Fifteen-year effects of Helicobacter pylori, garlic, and vitamin treatments on gastric cancer incidence and mortality. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2012;104:488-92 pubmed publisher..Vitamin treatment was associated with statistically significantly fewer deaths from gastric or esophageal cancer, a secondary endpoint (HR = 0.51, 95% CI = 0.30 to 0.87; P = .014)...
- Liu S, Yin F, Fan W, Wang S, Guo X, Zhang J, et al. Over-expression of BMPR-IB reduces the malignancy of glioblastoma cells by upregulation of p21 and p27Kip1. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2012;31:52 pubmed publisher..BMPR-IB could represent a new potential therapeutic target for malignant human gliomas. ..
- Chen Q, Zhang Y, Elad D, Jaffa A, Cao Y, Ye X, et al. Navigating the site for embryo implantation: biomechanical and molecular regulation of intrauterine embryo distribution. Mol Aspects Med. 2013;34:1024-42 pubmed publisher..Understanding the mechanisms for intrauterine embryo distribution could potentially lead to development of therapeutics for treating related conditions in reproductive medicine. ..
- Sun N, Wang H, Chen X, Sun Y, Zhao L, Wang H, et al. [Status of glucose metabolism in Chinese essential hypertensive patients]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2013;41:333-6 pubmed..When complicated with abnormal glucose metabolism, essential hypertensive patients had poor blood pressure control rate and were related to higher cardiovascular risk. ..
- Yin Y, Hua H, Li M, Liu S, Kong Q, Shao T, et al. mTORC2 promotes type I insulin-like growth factor receptor and insulin receptor activation through the tyrosine kinase activity of mTOR. Cell Res. 2016;26:46-65 pubmed publisher..Finally, overexpression of rictor promotes IGF-induced cell proliferation. Our work identifies mTOR as a dual-specificity kinase and clarifies how mTORC2 promotes IGF-IR/InsR activation. ..
- Chen Q, Utech S, Chen D, Prodanovic R, Lin J, Weitz D. Controlled assembly of heterotypic cells in a core-shell scaffold: organ in a droplet. Lab Chip. 2016;16:1346-9 pubmed publisher..We use water-water-oil double emulsions as templates and spatially assemble hepatocytes in the core and fibroblasts in the shell, forming a 3D liver model in a drop. ..
- Song X, Li G, Qiao A, Chen Z. Association of simultaneously measured four-limb blood pressures with cardiovascular function: a cross-sectional study. Biomed Eng Online. 2016;15:147 pubmed publisher..Hence, simultaneous measurement of four-limb blood pressures has become feasible and useful approach to the non-invasive diagnostic method of cardiovascular disease in primary care. ..
- Zhang Q, Jiang M, Zhao C, Yu M, Zhang H, Ding Y, et al. Apoptosis induced by one new podophyllotoxin glucoside in human carcinoma cells. Toxicology. 2005;212:46-53 pubmed..Treatment with 0.1 microM 4DPG increased p53 expression and Bax/Bcl-2 ratio in HeLa cells, as well as in A2 cells. These results suggested that 4DPG-induced apoptosis might be through a p53-dependent pathway...
- Fu J, Ding Y, Huang D, Li H, Chen X. The retinoid X receptor-selective ligand, LGD1069, inhibits tumor-induced angiogenesis via suppression of VEGF in human non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Lett. 2007;248:153-63 pubmed..Collectively, our results suggest a role of LGD1069 in treatment for non-small cell lung cancer by inhibition of tumor-induced angiogenesis. ..
- Lin Y, Jiang T, Zhou K, Xu L, Chen B, Li G, et al. Plasma IGFBP-2 levels predict clinical outcomes of patients with high-grade gliomas. Neuro Oncol. 2009;11:468-76 pubmed publisher..Longitudinal studies with a larger study population are needed to confirm these findings. ..
- Huang Y, Jiang D, Zhuang D, Fu J. Evaluation of hyperspectral indices for chlorophyll-a concentration estimation in Tangxun Lake (Wuhan, China). Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2010;7:2437-51 pubmed publisher..8) with the measured Chl-a concentrations. Thus, the spatial and temporal variations of Chl-a concentration could be conveniently monitored with these hyperspectral methods. ..
- Sun Y, Li J, He J, Zhou L, Chen K. Tissue microarray analysis of multiple gene expression in intestinal metaplasia, dysplasia and carcinoma of the stomach. Histopathology. 2005;46:505-14 pubmed..p53 was useful for distinguishing LGD from HGD. High-level expression of cyclin E might be an indicator for malignant transformation of dysplasia. ..
- Lu G, Yu S, Li R, Cui X, Gao C. Hypoxic preconditioning: a novel intrinsic cytoprotective strategy. Mol Neurobiol. 2005;31:255-71 pubmed..The essence and significance of the hypoxic tissue-cell adaptation or preconditioning are discussed in terms of biological evolution and practical implication. ..
- Zhao X, Yang Y, Zhang J, Dang A, Ni X, Huang J, et al. [The clinical value of B-type natriuretic peptide in the diagnosis of left heart failure]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2006;86:1165-9 pubmed..0 pg/ml as the cutoff value, and if 50.0 pg/ml is used as the cutoff value, the value is also good for the diagnosis of HF with the LVEF > 40% and compensated heart failure. ..
- Zhang L, Wu J. [DNA methylation: an epigenetic mechanism for tumorigenesis]. Yi Chuan. 2006;28:880-5 pubmed..DNA methylation has an important role in transcriptional regulation, together with histone modification and chromatin remodeling...
- Xu P, Lu J, Li Z, Yu X, Chen L, Xu T. Aggregation of STIM1 underneath the plasma membrane induces clustering of Orai1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;350:969-76 pubmed
- Liu H, Ling Y, Gong Y, Sun Y, Hou L, Zhang B. DNA damage induces N-acetyltransferase NAT10 gene expression through transcriptional activation. Mol Cell Biochem. 2007;300:249-58 pubmed..The above results suggested that NAT10 could be involved in DNA damage response and increased cellular resistance to genotoxicity. ..
- Wang Q, Huang Z, Xue H, Jin C, Ju X, Han J, et al. MicroRNA miR-24 inhibits erythropoiesis by targeting activin type I receptor ALK4. Blood. 2008;111:588-95 pubmed..Thus, our findings define a regulation mode of miR-24 on erythropoiesis by impeding ALK4 expression. ..
- Chen Z, Li J, Li Q, Fan J, Dong X, Xu J, et al. Suppression of PPN/MG61 attenuates Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway and induces apoptosis in human lung cancer. Oncogene. 2008;27:3483-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that PPN/MG61 may be a novel marker for human lung cancer and that post-translational modification of the Wnt signal molecules by PPN/MG61 may be important for the function of Wnt pathway in lung cancer. ..
- Sun F, Fu H, Liu Q, Tie Y, Zhu J, Xing R, et al. Downregulation of CCND1 and CDK6 by miR-34a induces cell cycle arrest. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:1564-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that the effects of miR-34a on G1 cell cycle arrest are through the down-regulation of CCND1 and CDK6, which is associated with other targets of miR-34a either additively or synergistically. ..
- Jia G, Lv C, Zhu W, Qiu J, Wang X, Zhou Z. Applicability of cloud point extraction coupled with microwave-assisted back-extraction to the determination of organophosphorous pesticides in human urine by gas chromatography with flame photometry detection. J Hazard Mater. 2008;159:300-5 pubmed publisher..Accuracy of the method was evaluated by bias, which ranged from +6.85 to -14.68%. Precision was also good; the relative standard deviations (R.S.D.s) were less than 9%. The method showed to be potential for biological monitoring. ..
- Hu J, Teng J, Ding N, He M, Sun Y, Yu A, et al. FAAP, a novel murine protein, is involved in cell adhesion through regulating vinculin-paxillin association. Front Biosci. 2008;13:7123-31 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that FAAP, by virtue of modulating interaction of adhesion molecules, regulates cell adhesion dynamics. ..
- Yang Y, Yang H, McNutt M, Xiong F, Nie X, Li L, et al. LAPTM4B overexpression is an independent prognostic marker in ovarian carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2008;20:1077-83 pubmed
- Yang L, Lan Y, Hu J, Yang Y, Zhang Q, Huang Z, et al. Relatively high bone mineral density in Chinese adolescent dancers despite lower energy intake and menstrual disorder. Biomed Environ Sci. 2010;23:130-6 pubmed publisher..To ameliorate disordered eating, especially low energy intake might be helpful to prevent the Triad and to improve the bone health in adolescent dancers. ..
- Park S, Jiang Z, Mortenson E, Deng L, Radkevich Brown O, Yang X, et al. The therapeutic effect of anti-HER2/neu antibody depends on both innate and adaptive immunity. Cancer Cell. 2010;18:160-70 pubmed publisher..This study proposes a model and strategy for anti-HER2/neu antibody-mediated tumor clearance. ..
- Du W, Bu J, Dong J, Jia Y, Li J, Liang C, et al. A novel frame-shift mutation in FRMD7 causes X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmus in a Chinese family. Mol Vis. 2011;17:2765-8 pubmed..Our results expand the spectrum of FRMD7 mutations causing ICN, and further confirm the role of FRMD7 in the pathogenesis of ICN. Direct sequencing of FRMD7 could be used as a diagnostic testing of idiopathic congenital nystagmus. ..
- Zhang T, Zhang X, Yu W, Chen J, Li Q, Jiao Y, et al. Effects of chemokine-like factor 1 on vascular smooth muscle cell migration and proliferation in vascular inflammation. Atherosclerosis. 2013;226:49-57 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of CKLF1 activity provides a potential target for the prevention of atherosclerosis and restenosis. ..
- Sun J, Huo J, Zhao L, Fu P, Wang J, Huang J, et al. The nutritional status of young children and feeding practices two years after the Wenchuan Earthquake in the worst-affected areas in China. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2013;22:100-8 pubmed publisher..Further efforts should be made to enhance the nutritional status of these children. As part of this intervention, it may be necessary to improve child feeding practices. ..
- Li B, Shang Z, Yin J, Xu Q, Liu X, Wang Y, et al. PIG3 functions in DNA damage response through regulating DNA-PKcs homeostasis. Int J Biol Sci. 2013;9:425-34 pubmed publisher..These results provide a new insight into the mechanism of PIG3's functioning in DNA damage signaling and the regulation network of cellular DNA-PKcs expression homeostasis. ..
- Lin H, Liu Y, Huo J, Zhang A, Pan Y, Bai H, et al. Modified enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay strategy using graphene oxide sheets and gold nanoparticles functionalized with different antibody types. Anal Chem. 2013;85:6228-32 pubmed publisher..This result suggests that the 3G-ELISA method is feasible to detect an antigen in a complex mixture, and the LOD is up to 64-fold and the cost is as low as one-tenth of the conventional ELISA method. ..
- Zhu Y, Xu B, Xia W. Hsa-mir-182 downregulates RASA1 and suppresses lung squamous cell carcinoma cell proliferation. Clin Lab. 2014;60:155-9 pubmed..Our data provide a possible mechanism for lung cancer cell proliferation in lung squamous cell cancer and may be helpful in discovering a new strategy to reveal lung squamous cell carcinoma progress. ..
- Shi Z, Hu Z, Chen D, Huang J, Fan J, Zhou S, et al. MicroRNA-200a mediates nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell proliferation through the activation of nuclear factor-κB. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:1732-8 pubmed publisher..The luciferase assay indicated that IκBα was the target gene of miR-200a. In conclusion, miR-200a was demonstrated to enhance NPC cell proliferation by activating the NF-κB signaling pathway. ..
- Niu J, Han H, Wang Y, Wang L, Gao X, Liao S. Sleep quality and cognitive decline in a community of older adults in Daqing City, China. Sleep Med. 2016;17:69-74 pubmed publisher..05 for both). Self-reported poor sleep quality may be an indicator of early cognitive decline for elderly people and should be paid particular attention by clinicians. ..
- Mukerji S, MacIntyre C, Seale H, Wang Q, Yang P, Wang X, et al. Cost-effectiveness analysis of N95 respirators and medical masks to protect healthcare workers in China from respiratory infections. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:464 pubmed publisher..In the case of a highly pathogenic pandemic, respirator use in HCWs would likely be a cost-effective intervention. ..
- Lu B, Deng G, Wang H. [Subacute endocarditis caused by mixed Burkholderia cepacia and fungal infections--a case report ]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2005;85:1008 pubmed