Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on hepatitis c in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: hepatitis c
- Si Y, Liu X, Cheng M, Wang M, Gong Q, Yang Y, et al. Growth differentiation factor 15 is induced by hepatitis C virus infection and regulates hepatocellular carcinoma-related genes. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19967 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results suggest that an elevated serum GDF15 level is a potential diagnostic marker for viral hepatitis, and GDF15 may contribute to HCV pathogenesis by altering the signaling and growth of host cells. ..
- Zhang X, Wang C, Hengwei W, Li X, Li D, Ruan Y, et al. Risk factors of HIV infection and prevalence of co-infections among men who have sex with men in Beijing, China. AIDS. 2007;21 Suppl 8:S53-7 pubmed publisher..Co-infection in HIV-positive men was most frequent with syphilis. Our data suggest that strategies for HIV/AIDS and STI prevention and control among MSM should be synchronized. ..
- Bao Y, Liu Z, Lu L. Review of HIV and HCV infection among drug users in China. Curr Opin Psychiatry. 2010;23:187-94 pubmed publisher..More comprehensive prevention and intervention strategies should be instigated for the extensive high-risk populations in China. ..
- Si Y, Liu S, Liu X, Jacobs J, Cheng M, Niu Y, et al. A human claudin-1-derived peptide inhibits hepatitis C virus entry. Hepatology. 2012;56:507-15 pubmed publisher..The findings expand our knowledge of the roles that CLDN1 play in HCV entry and highlight the potential for developing a new class of inhibitors targeting the viral entry process. ..
- Su Y, Norris J, Zang C, Peng Z, Wang N. Incidence of hepatitis C virus infection in patients on hemodialysis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Hemodial Int. 2013;17:532-41 pubmed publisher..The incidence rate of hepatitis C virus infection among patients on hemodialysis was significantly high. Efforts should be taken to control hepatitis C virus infection in hemodialysis units, especially in developing countries. ..
- Tian D, Li L, Liu Y, Li H, Xu X, Li J. Different HCV genotype distributions of HIV-infected individuals in Henan and Guangxi, China. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50343 pubmed publisher..6%) and 3b (32.9%). The HCV genotype distributions were different in HIV-infected people from Henan and Guangxi. HIV/HCV co-infection was not only linked to the transmission routes, but also associated with the geographic position. ..
- Liu R, Rao H, Wang J, Xie X, Jiang D, Pan X, et al. Determination of the human antibody response to the neutralization epitopes encompassing amino acids 313-327 and 432-443 of hepatitis C virus E1E2 glycoproteins. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66872 pubmed publisher..This study identifies the neutralizing ability of endogenous anti-HCV antibodies and warrants the exploration of antibodies reactive to epitope 432-443 as sources for future antibody therapies. ..
- Cui H, Qing J, Guo Y, Wang Y, Cui L, He T, et al. Stapled peptide-based membrane fusion inhibitors of hepatitis C virus. Bioorg Med Chem. 2013;21:3547-54 pubmed publisher..The optimal compound was found to have an EC50 value of ca. 17-39?M against different HCV subtypes and represented a new HCV membrane fusion inhibitor. ..
- Huang H, Kang R, Wang J, Luo G, Yang W, Zhao Z. Hepatitis C virus inhibits AKT-tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC), the mechanistic target of rapamycin (MTOR) pathway, through endoplasmic reticulum stress to induce autophagy. Autophagy. 2013;9:175-95 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggested HCV inhibited the AKT-TSC-MTORC1 pathway via ER stress, resulting in autophagy, which may contribute to the establishment of the HCV-induced autophagy. ..
- Su Y, Yan R, Duan Z, Norris J, Wang L, Jiang Y, et al. Prevalence and risk factors of hepatitis C and B virus infections in hemodialysis patients and their spouses: a multicenter study in Beijing, China. J Med Virol. 2013;85:425-32 pubmed publisher..However, because nosocomial transmissions persist, strict adherence to infection control measures should be emphasized to reduce the risk of transmission. ..
- Zhao Y, Qin W, Zhang J, Hu Z, Tong J, Ding C, et al. HCV IRES-mediated core expression in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56985 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the feasibility of the zebrafish model for screening of anti-HCV drugs targeting to HCV-IRES. The zebrafish system provides a novel evidence of using zebrafish as a HCV model organism. ..
- Zhu W, Yin L, Li P, Huang J, Zhuang H. Pathogenicity of GB virus C on virus hepatitis and hemodialysis patients. World J Gastroenterol. 2003;9:1739-42 pubmed..To determine the pathogenicity of GB virus C (GBV-C) on liver and the effects of its co-infection on the clinical features and prognosis of patients with hepatitis B and C...
- Cheng M, Si Y, Niu Y, Liu X, Li X, Zhao J, et al. High-throughput profiling of alpha interferon- and interleukin-28B-regulated microRNAs and identification of let-7s with anti-hepatitis C virus activity by targeting IGF2BP1. J Virol. 2013;87:9707-18 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the important role of miRNAs in the host antiviral immune response and provide a novel candidate for anti-HCV therapy. ..
- Omata M, Cheng A, Kokudo N, Kudo M, Lee J, Jia J, et al. Asia-Pacific clinical practice guidelines on the management of hepatocellular carcinoma: a 2017 update. Hepatol Int. 2017;11:317-370 pubmed publisher..This latest guidelines recommend evidence-based management of HCC and are considered suitable for universal use in the Asia-Pacific region, which has a diversity of medical environments. ..
- Bao Y, Liu Z, Lian Z, Li J, Zhang R, Zhang C, et al. Prevalence and correlates of HIV and HCV infection among amphetamine-type stimulant users in 6 provinces in China. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2012;60:438-46 pubmed publisher..China has experienced an epidemic of amphetamine-type stimulant (ATS) use in recent years. The present study explored the status and correlates of HIV and hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection among ATS users in China...
- Shen T, Chen X, Chen Y, Xu Q, Lu F, Liu S. Increased PD-L1 expression and PD-L1/CD86 ratio on dendritic cells were associated with impaired dendritic cells function in HCV infection. J Med Virol. 2010;82:1152-9 pubmed publisher..The results will be helpful to understand the mechanism of dysfunction of DCs in HCV infection and shed light on the DC-based immunotherapeutic strategy. ..
- Wen C, He X, Ma H, Hou N, Wei C, Song T, et al. Hepatitis C virus infection downregulates the ligands of the activating receptor NKG2D. Cell Mol Immunol. 2008;5:475-8 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a novel insight into the mechanisms evolved by HCV to escape from the NK cell response. ..
- Zuo G, Li Z, Chen L, Xu X. Activity of compounds from Chinese herbal medicine Rhodiola kirilowii (Regel) Maxim against HCV NS3 serine protease. Antiviral Res. 2007;76:86-92 pubmed..Cell viability and secreted alkaline phosphatase (SEAP) activity assays with 1-4 revealed little if any toxicity. These nonpeptide inhibitors of HCV NS3-SP might serve as potential candidate anti-HCV agents. ..
- Li K, Wang L, Cheng J, Lu Y, Zhang L, Mu J, et al. Interaction between hepatitis C virus core protein and translin protein--a possible molecular mechanism for hepatocellular carcinoma and lymphoma caused by hepatitis C virus. World J Gastroenterol. 2003;9:300-3 pubmed..The core protein of HCV can interact with translin protein. This can partly explain the molecular mechanism for hepatocellular carcinoma and lymphoma caused by HCV. ..
- Bao Y, Du C, Lu H, Lian Z, Qiu Y, Mu Y, et al. The investigation of HIV and HCV infection and risk factors among opiate drug users in Beijing, China. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 2012;38:140-5 pubmed publisher..To explore the prevalence of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and hepatitis C virus (HCV) and the risk factors among opiate drug users in Beijing...
- Ding C, Zhang J, Zhao Y, Peng Z, Song D, Jiang J. Zebrafish as a potential model organism for drug test against hepatitis C virus. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22921 pubmed publisher..Thus, zebrafish might be a model organism to host HCV, and this zebrafish/HCV (sub-replicon) system could be an animal model for anti-HCV drug screening and evaluation. ..
- Shi S, Lu F, Yan L, Zhuang H. Intrafamilial viral transmission is not the main cause of the high prevalence of hepatic C virus infection in a village, Putian county, China. J Clin Virol. 2011;51:110-4 pubmed publisher..Only 2 family pairs clustered in the same branch in the dendrogram obtained with NS5B sequences. Intrafamilial HCV transmission is not the main cause of the high prevalence of HCV infection in the village. ..
- Peng Z, Zhao Z, Li Y, Wang Y, Hao L, Fan B, et al. Host apolipoprotein B messenger RNA-editing enzyme catalytic polypeptide-like 3G is an innate defensive factor and drug target against hepatitis C virus. Hepatology. 2011;53:1080-9 pubmed publisher..Stabilization of hA3G by RN-5 was safe in vivo. hA3G appears to be a cellular restrict factor against HCV and could be a potential target for drug discovery. ..
- He J, Xiu B, Wang G, Chen K, Feng X, Song X, et al. Double-antigen sandwich ELISA for the detection of anti-hepatitis C virus antibodies. J Virol Methods. 2011;171:163-8 pubmed publisher..0. It did not give false-negative results otherwise IgM was undetectable using an indirect HCV-antibody detection kit. This ELISA provides another method for the detection of HCV antibodies. ..
- Meng S, Li J. A novel duplex real-time reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction assay for the detection of hepatitis C viral RNA with armored RNA as internal control. Virol J. 2010;7:117 pubmed publisher..It is comparable with the CAP/CTM assay with regard to the power of the test and is appropriate for blood-donor screening and laboratory diagnosis of HCV infection. ..
- Lu J, Zhou Y, Lin X, Jiang Y, Tian R, Zhang Y, et al. General epidemiological parameters of viral hepatitis A, B, C, and E in six regions of China: a cross-sectional study in 2007. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8467 pubmed publisher..Our study provided much important information concerning hepatitis A, B, C, and E prevalence in China and will contribute to worldwide oversight of viral hepatitis. ..
- Cui Y, Jia J. Update on epidemiology of hepatitis B and C in China. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013;28 Suppl 1:7-10 pubmed publisher..The predominant HCV genotype in China is genotype 1b (60-70%), and the host interleukin-28b rs12979860 CC genotype is very frequent in Chinese population (over 80%). ..
- He Huang -, Kang R, Zhao Z. Hepatitis C virus infection and risk of stroke: a systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e81305 pubmed publisher..97 (1.64, 2.30). This meta-analysis suggested that HCV infection increased the risk of stroke. More prospective cohort studies will be needed to confirm this association with underlying biological mechanisms in the future. ..