Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on glycosylation in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
- Li W, Liu Y, Zhang J, Ai C, Xiang N, Liu H, et al. Anti-androgen-independent prostate cancer effects of ginsenoside metabolites in vitro: mechanism and possible structure-activity relationship investigation. Arch Pharm Res. 2009;32:49-57 pubmed publisher..The increase of LogP and decrease of C-6 steric hindrance, which were caused by deglycosylation by intestinal bacteria, may be the reason for the higher anti-AIPC activity of IBMs. ..
- Ying W, Hao Y, Zhang Y, Peng W, Qin E, Cai Y, et al. Proteomic analysis on structural proteins of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus. Proteomics. 2004;4:492-504 pubmed..Further, the relationship between the caspase cleavage and the viral infection to the host cell is discussed. ..
- Liu M, Li Q, Zhao L, Gao Y, Huang Y, Lu G, et al. Glycosylation of recombinant human thyroid peroxidase ectodomain of insect cell origin has little effect on recognition by serum thyroid peroxidase antibody. Chin Med J (Engl). 2013;126:2907-11 pubmed..High Five insect cells derived recombinant human TPO ectodomain had N-glycosylation sites, which might have little effect on recognition by serum TPOAb. ..
- Tian J, Geng Q, Ding Y, Liao J, Dong M, Xu X, et al. O-GlcNAcylation Antagonizes Phosphorylation of CDH1 (CDC20 Homologue 1). J Biol Chem. 2016;291:12136-44 pubmed publisher..Cell synchronization and mutation studies reveal that O-GlcNAcylation of Cdh1 may antagonize its phosphorylation. Our results thus reveal a pivotal role of O-GlcNAcylation in regulating APC/C activity. ..
- Xu W, Cao S, He X, Luo Y, Guo X, Yuan Y, et al. Safety assessment of Cry1Ab/Ac fusion protein. Food Chem Toxicol. 2009;47:1459-65 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, there is a reasonable certainty of no harm resulting from the inclusion of the Cry1Ab/Ac protein in human food or animal feed. ..
- Yu T, Guo C, Wang J, Hao P, Sui S, Chen X, et al. Comprehensive characterization of the site-specific N-glycosylation of wild-type and recombinant human lactoferrin expressed in the milk of transgenic cloned cattle. Glycobiology. 2011;21:206-24 pubmed publisher..These data provide an important foundation for further studies of glycan structure/function relationships for hLF and rhLF and help to better understand the glycosylation mechanism in bovine mammary epithelial cells. ..
- Xu L, Yan Y, Zhang J, Zhang Y, Zhao M. The glycans deficiencies of macromolecular IgA1 is a contributory factor of variable pathological phenotypes of IgA nephropathy. Clin Exp Immunol. 2005;142:569-75 pubmed..This suggests that aberrant glycosylation of IgA1 in serum macromolecules might be a contributory factor in the pathogenesis of IgAN. ..
- Yang S, Jiang Z, Yan Q, Zhu H. Characterization of a thermostable extracellular beta-glucosidase with activities of exoglucanase and transglycosylation from Paecilomyces thermophila. J Agric Food Chem. 2008;56:602-8 pubmed..These properties make this beta-glucosidase useful for various biotechnological applications. ..
- Gao Y, Xu L, Zhang J, Zhang Y, Zhao M, Wang H. Differential binding characteristics of native monomeric and polymeric immunoglobulin A1 (IgA1) on human mesangial cells and the influence of in vitro deglycosylation of IgA1 molecules. Clin Exp Immunol. 2007;148:507-14 pubmed..05). The current study suggests differential binding characteristics of native monomeric and polymeric IgA1 on mesangial cells. Glycosylation of IgA1 molecules could significantly affect the binding of IgA1 on HMC. ..
- Yang W, Mou T, Guo W, Jing H, Peng C, Zhang X, et al. Fluorine-18 labeled galactosylated chitosan for asialoglycoprotein-receptor-mediated hepatocyte imaging. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2010;20:4840-4 pubmed publisher..The better liver retention properties of [(18)F]FB-GC than that of albumin based imaging agents may improve imaging quality and simplify pharmacokinetic model of liver function in the future application with PET imaging. ..
- Li Q, Su B, Li H, Meng X, Cai M, Li Z, et al. Synthesis and potential antimetastatic activity of monovalent and divalent beta-D-galactopyranosyl-(1-->4)-2-acetamido-2-deoxy-D-glucopyranosides. Carbohydr Res. 2003;338:207-17 pubmed..Three compounds showed promising inhibitory effects on cancer cell attachment, spreading, migration, and invasion. ..
- Chen Y, Tang Y, Sheng Z, Zhang Z. Prediction of mucin-type O-glycosylation sites in mammalian proteins using the composition of k-spaced amino acid pairs. BMC Bioinformatics. 2008;9:101 pubmed publisher..This suggests that it can be used as a competitive mucin-type O-glycosylation site predictor to the biological community. CKSAAP_OGlySite is now available at http://bioinformatics.cau.edu.cn/zzd_lab/CKSAAP_OGlySite/. ..
- Xiong D, Zhang L, Ye X. Oxidant-controlled heck-type C-glycosylation of glycals with arylboronic acids: stereoselective synthesis of aryl 2-deoxy-C-glycosides. Org Lett. 2009;11:1709-12 pubmed publisher..This method provides a simple, mild, and stereoselective synthesis of aryl 2-deoxy-C-glycosides. ..
- Misson M, Du X, Jin B, Zhang H. Dendrimer-like nanoparticles based Î²-galactosidase assembly for enhancing its selectivity toward transgalactosylation. Enzyme Microb Technol. 2016;84:68-77 pubmed publisher..Our research findings show the amino-functionalized HPSNs can selectively promote the enzyme activity of Î²-galactosidase for transgalactosylation, which is beneficial for GOS production. ..
- Xu P, Gou S, Yang X, Cui Z, Jia X, Chen M, et al. Influence of variable domain glycosylation on anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibodies and anti-glomerular basement membrane autoantibodies. BMC Immunol. 2012;13:10 pubmed publisher..Variable region glycosylation of ANCA might influence the effect of ANCA-induced neutrophils respiratory burst. ..
- Wu B, Zhang B, Dai Y, Zhang L, Shang Guan K, Peng Y, et al. Brittle culm15 encodes a membrane-associated chitinase-like protein required for cellulose biosynthesis in rice. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:1440-52 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide genetic evidence of a role for plant chitinases in cellulose biosynthesis in rice, which appears to differ from their roles as revealed by analysis of Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana). ..
- Gu Z, Zhang J, Xing G. N-acetyl-5-N,4-O-oxazolidinone-protected sialyl sulfoxide: an ?-selective sialyl donor with Tf2O/(Tol)2SO in dichloromethane. Chem Asian J. 2012;7:1524-8 pubmed publisher..When the reaction was promoted by Tf(2)O/(Tol)(2)SO, efficient and highly ?-selective sialylation yielded ?(2,6), ?(2,3), and ?(2,4) glycosidic linkages between sialic acid and glucose/glacotose. ..
- Li K, Ouyang H, Lu Y, Liang J, Wilson I, Jin C. Repression of N-glycosylation triggers the unfolded protein response (UPR) and overexpression of cell wall protein and chitin in Aspergillus fumigatus. Microbiology. 2011;157:1968-79 pubmed publisher..fumigatus. Our finding is a key to understanding the complex compensatory mechanisms of cell wall biosynthesis and may provide a new strategy for drug development. ..
- Gu G, Du Y, Linhardt R. Facile synthesis of saponins containing 2,3-branched oligosaccharides by using partially protected glycosyl donors. J Org Chem. 2004;69:5497-500 pubmed..Saponin 2 shows promising cytotoxic activity toward human hepatocellular carcinoma BEL-7402 with an IC50 of <6 microg/mL. ..
- Xie Q, Chen J, Yuan Z. Post-translational regulation of FOXO. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2012;44:897-901 pubmed publisher..FOXO proteins are subject to several post-translational modifications, which are closely related to their activity. In this paper, we review the post-translational modifications of FOXOs and their biological functions. ..
- Geng Y, Qin Q, Ye X. Lewis acids as ?-directing additives in glycosylations by using 2,3-O-carbonate-protected glucose and galactose thioglycoside donors based on preactivation protocol. J Org Chem. 2012;77:5255-70 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the poor stereoselectivities of 4,6-di-O-benzyl-2,3-O-carbonate-protected thiogalactoside donor in glycosylations were also improved by using SnCl(4) as additive. ..
- Cui Z, Yang X, Shi Y, Uzawa H, Cui J, Dohi H, et al. Molecular design, synthesis and bioactivity of glycosyl hydrazine and hydrazone derivatives: notable effects of the sugar moiety. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2011;21:7193-6 pubmed publisher..On the contrary, some glycosyl derivatives displayed much better antifungal activity against selected fungi. Obviously, a small sugar can change the biological activity of hydrazones significantly. ..
- Zhang F, Zhang W, Zhang Y, Curran D, Liu G. Synthesis and applications of a light-fluorous glycosyl donor. J Org Chem. 2009;74:2594-7 pubmed publisher..This new protocol has high reaction efficiency and easy separation, which was demonstrated in the synthesis of an unprotected trisaccharide and an O-glycosylated serine in this paper. ..
- Ahmad W, Li L, Deng Y. Identification of AGE-precursors and AGE formation in glycation-induced BSA peptides. BMB Rep. 2008;41:516-22 pubmed..Four glycated peptides (FPK, ECCDKPLLEK, IETMR, and HLVDEPQNLIK) were identified in the formation of AGE-precursors. ..
- Wei Y, Han C, Zhou J, Liu Y, Chen L, He R. D-ribose in glycation and protein aggregation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1820:488-94 pubmed publisher..This review may be a useful reference for studies on the pharmacokinetics of D-ribose action. ..
- Zhang W, Wu H, Li B, Wu H, Wang D, Wu S. The Synthesis of the Metabolites of 2',3',5'-Tri-O-acetyl-N₆-(3-hydroxyphenyl) Adenosine (WS070117). Molecules. 2015;21:E8 pubmed publisher..All these compounds, which could be useful as material standards for metabolic research, were characterized by NMR and HPLC-MS (ESI) analyses. ..
- Wang Y, Liu Y, Chen J, Hao S, Hu T, Ma G, et al. Efficient preparation and PEGylation of recombinant human non-glycosylated erythropoietin expressed as inclusion body in E. coli. Int J Pharm. 2010;386:156-64 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrated the feasibility of PEGylating rh-ngEpo as a promising way for the development of new Epo drugs. ..
- Li G, Zhu L, Zhang H, LV J, Ding J, Zhao M, et al. Variants of the ST6GALNAC2 promoter influence transcriptional activity and contribute to genetic susceptibility to IgA nephropathy. Hum Mutat. 2007;28:950-7 pubmed
- Tang L, Yang J, Tang X, Ying W, Qian X, He F. The DC-SIGN family member LSECtin is a novel ligand of CD44 on activated T cells. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:1185-91 pubmed publisher..These findings provide important new perspectives on the biology of both LSECtin and CD44 in the immune system. ..
- Zhu L, Tang W, Li G, Lv J, Ding J, Yu L, et al. Interaction between variants of two glycosyltransferase genes in IgA nephropathy. Kidney Int. 2009;76:190-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that potential genetic interactions of C1GALT1 and ST6GALNAC2 variants influence IgA1 O-glycosylation, disease predisposition, and disease severity, and may contribute to the polygenic nature of IgAN. ..
- Wei Y, Chen L, Chen J, Ge L, He R. Rapid glycation with D-ribose induces globular amyloid-like aggregations of BSA with high cytotoxicity to SH-SY5Y cells. BMC Cell Biol. 2009;10:10 pubmed publisher..Glycation with D-ribose induces BSA to misfold rapidly and form globular amyloid-like aggregations which play an important role in cytotoxicity to neural cells. ..
- Adua E, Russell A, Roberts P, Wang Y, Song M, Wang W. Innovation Analysis on Postgenomic Biomarkers: Glycomics for Chronic Diseases. OMICS. 2017;21:183-196 pubmed publisher..In all, this analysis on glycomics offers strategies to build a robust postgenomic innovation roadmap for glycan-driven biomarkers as the field is anticipated to mature further and gain greater prominence in the near future. ..
- Zhang Y, Ju J, Peng H, Gao F, Zhou C, Zeng Y, et al. Biochemical and structural characterization of the intracellular mannanase AaManA of Alicyclobacillus acidocaldarius reveals a novel glycoside hydrolase family belonging to clan GH-A. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:31551-8 pubmed publisher..Based on sequence comparisons, the enzyme was assigned to a new glycoside hydrolase family (GH113) that belongs to clan GH-A. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang S, Ma X, Tian W. Potent inhibition of fatty acid synthase by parasitic loranthus [Taxillus chinensis (dc.) danser] and its constituent avicularin. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem. 2006;21:87-93 pubmed..In addition, we have found that avicularin existing in this herb can potently inhibit FAS. This glycosylated flavonoid and quercetin play an effective role in inhibiting FAS by parasitic loranthus...
- Gong Y, Cao P, Yu H, Jiang T. Crystal structure of the neurotrophin-3 and p75NTR symmetrical complex. Nature. 2008;454:789-93 pubmed publisher..These results provide a model for NTs-p75(NTR) recognition and signal generation, as well as insights into coordination between p75(NTR) and Trks. ..
- Gao J, Gao C, Han J, Zhou X, Xiao X, Zhang J, et al. Dynamic analyses of PrP and PrP(Sc) in brain tissues of golden hamsters infected with scrapie strain 263K revealed various PrP forms. Biomed Environ Sci. 2004;17:8-20 pubmed..These results indicate that infectious agents exist and accumulate in central nerve system prior to the onset of the illness. Various molecular patterns of PrP(Sc) may indwell in brain tissues during the infection. ..
- Ji S, Tang S, Li K, Li Z, Liang W, Qiao X, et al. Licoricidin inhibits the growth of SW480 human colorectal adenocarcinoma cells in vitro and in vivo by inducing cycle arrest, apoptosis and autophagy. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;326:25-33 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that LCD could inhibit SW480 cells by inducing cycle arrest, apoptosis and autophagy, and is a potential chemopreventive or chemotherapeutic agent against colorectal cancer. ..
- Jin Y, Yue W, Shi G, Liu Y, Zhao F, Zhu L. Inhibition of 6A8 alpha-mannosidase gene expression resulted in telomere length shortening in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell CNE-2L2. Cancer Lett. 2005;218:229-34 pubmed..The data imply an association between glycosylation modification with telomere shortening in antisense 6A8-treated cells. ..
- Zhao W, Lu Y, Ouyang H, Zhou H, Yan J, Du T, et al. N-Glycosylation of Gel1 or Gel2 is vital for cell wall ?-glucan synthesis in Aspergillus fumigatus. Glycobiology. 2013;23:955-68 pubmed publisher..Biochemical analysis revealed that N-glycosylation was essential for the function of Gel1 or Gel2 and thus required for ?-glucan synthesis in A. fumigatus. ..
- Li G, Zhang H, Lv J, Shen Y, Wang H. Variants of C1GALT1 gene are associated with the genetic susceptibility to IgA nephropathy. Kidney Int. 2007;71:448-53 pubmed..0298, P=1.258 x 10(-5), OR=3.03) were significantly higher in patients than in controls. The present study suggested that the polymorphisms of C1GALT1 gene were associated with the genetic susceptibility to IgAN in Chinese population...
- Zheng J, Liu L, Liu C, Jin Q. Molecular cloning and heterologous expression of a true lipase in Pichia pastoris isolated via a metagenomic approach. J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol. 2012;22:300-11 pubmed publisher..Some interesting characteristics described here showed that the recombinant lipase may have potential to be a useful enzyme in industrial applications. ..
- Mi W, Jia W, Zheng Z, Wang J, Cai Y, Ying W, et al. Surface glycoproteomic analysis of hepatocellular carcinoma cells by affinity enrichment and mass spectrometric identification. Glycoconj J. 2012;29:411-24 pubmed publisher..This is a systematic characterization of cell surface glycoproteins of HCC. The membrane glycoproteins identified in this study provide very useful information for probing the mechanism of liver cancer invasion and metastasis. ..
- Yan Y, Scott D, Wilkinson T, Ji J, Tregear G, Bathgate R. Identification of the N-linked glycosylation sites of the human relaxin receptor and effect of glycosylation on receptor function. Biochemistry. 2008;47:6953-68 pubmed publisher..Additionally, it is likely that glycosylation is also essential for the conformational changes required for G-protein coupling and subsequent cAMP signaling. ..
- Zhang H, Ohyama K, Boudet J, Chen Z, Yang J, Zhang M, et al. Dolichol biosynthesis and its effects on the unfolded protein response and abiotic stress resistance in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2008;20:1879-98 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that LEW1 catalyzes dolichol biosynthesis and that dolichol is important for plant responses to endoplasmic reticulum stress, drought, and dark-induced senescence in Arabidopsis...
- Zhang Q, Meng Y, Zhang L, Chen J, Zhu D. RNF13: a novel RING-type ubiquitin ligase over-expressed in pancreatic cancer. Cell Res. 2009;19:348-57 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings reveal that RNF13 is a novel E3 ubiquitin ligase involved in pancreatic carcinogenesis; ubiquitin-mediated modification of proteins by RNF13 may participate in pancreatic cancer development. ..
- Chen L, Wei Y, Wang X, He R. D-Ribosylated Tau forms globular aggregates with high cytotoxicity. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2009;66:2559-71 pubmed publisher..This work has demonstrated that D-ribose reacted with Tau protein rapidly, producing ThT-positive aggregations which had high cytotoxicity. ..
- Yang Y, Chang S, Gong X, Wu J, Liu B. Expression, purification and characterization of low-glycosylation influenza neuraminidase in ?-1,6-mannosyltransferase defective Pichia pastoris. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:857-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, och1-defective P. pastoris may be a better yeast expression system for production of glycoproteins to research immunogenic characterization. ..
- Bai Y, Wang J, Zhang Z, Shi P, Luo H, Huang H, et al. Expression of an extremely acidic beta-1,4-glucanase from thermoacidophilic Alicyclobacillus sp. A4 in Pichia pastoris is improved by truncating the gene sequence. Microb Cell Fact. 2010;9:33 pubmed publisher..A4. Glycosylation increased the thermostability of CelA4. Of the four forms of CelA4 studied, CelA4T was produced in highest yield and had the most favorable physical properties; therefore, it has potential for use in the feed industry. ..
- Peng C, Zhu Y, Zhang W, Liao Q, Chen Y, Zhao X, et al. Regulation of the Hippo-YAP Pathway by Glucose Sensor O-GlcNAcylation. Mol Cell. 2017;68:591-604.e5 pubmed publisher..Together, our data establish a molecular mechanism and functional significance of the HBP in directly linking extracellular glucose signal to the Hippo-YAP pathway and tumorigenesis...
- Zhao L, Liu M, Gao Y, Huang Y, Lu G, Gao Y, et al. Glycosylation of sera thyroglobulin antibody in patients with thyroid diseases. Eur J Endocrinol. 2013;168:585-92 pubmed publisher..736, P<0.001). Our study showed that glycosylation of sera TgAb varied in different thyroid diseases and it might be involved in pathogenesis of thyroid disorders. ..
- Liu P, Lu H, Li S, Moureau G, Deng Y, Wang Y, et al. Genomic and antigenic characterization of the newly emerging Chinese duck egg-drop syndrome flavivirus: genomic comparison with Tembusu and Sitiawan viruses. J Gen Virol. 2012;93:2158-70 pubmed publisher..The significance of these studies is discussed in the context of the emergence, evolution, epidemiology, antigenicity and pathogenicity of the newly emergent DEDSV...
- Ding J, Xu L, Zhu L, Lv J, Zhao M, Zhang H, et al. Activity of alpha2,6-sialyltransferase and its gene expression in peripheral B lymphocytes in patients with IgA nephropathy. Scand J Immunol. 2009;69:174-80 pubmed publisher..17, P > 0.05). These data suggested that reduced sialylation of serum IgA1 may result from decreased expression of ST6GALNAC2. The factors affecting activity of alpha2,6-ST in the sialylation of IgA1 need to be further investigated. ..
- Wang J, Yang P, Tang B, Sun X, Zhang R, Guo C, et al. Expression and characterization of bioactive recombinant human alpha-lactalbumin in the milk of transgenic cloned cows. J Dairy Sci. 2008;91:4466-76 pubmed publisher..Our research thus provides scientific evidence supporting the feasibility of humanizing cow milk. ..
- L Y, Yang H, Hu H, Wang Y, Rao Z, Jin C. Mutation of Trp137 to glutamate completely removes transglycosyl activity associated with the Aspergillus fumigatus AfChiB1. Glycoconj J. 2009;26:525-34 pubmed publisher..And the M243E showed a remarkable reduction of chitinolytic activity and complete loss of transglycosyl activity. These results suggested that the transglycosyl reaction catalyzed by the AfChiB1 is due to lacking of nucleophile...
- Qiu X, Li Y, Li H, Yu Y, Zhang Q. Molecular cloning, mapping, and tissue expression of the porcine cluster of differentiation 14 (CD14) gene. Biochem Genet. 2007;45:459-68 pubmed..Porcine CD14 was assigned to porcine chromosome 2q21 by a radiation hybrid panel. Using RT-PCR analysis, porcine CD14 transcripts were detected in liver, spleen, thymus, white matter, and skeletal muscle. ..
- Li A, Kong F. Syntheses of arabinogalactans consisting of beta-(1-->6)-linked D-galactopyranosyl backbone and alpha-(1-->3)-linked L-arabinofuranosyl side chains. Carbohydr Res. 2004;339:1847-56 pubmed
- Shang J, Qiu R, Wang J, Liu J, Zhou R, Ding H, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of Galbeta1,3GalNAc alpha2, 3-sialyltransferase from human fetal liver. Eur J Biochem. 1999;265:580-8 pubmed..coli and both 32-kDa and 41-kDa proteins in P. pastoris. These results suggested that correct glycosylation of the enzyme might play a key role in its folding that may be directly related to the enzymatic activity. ..
- Chen S, Xing X, Huang J, Xu M. Enzyme-assisted extraction of flavonoids from Ginkgo biloba leaves: improvement effect of flavonol transglycosylation catalyzed by Penicillium decumbens cellulase. Enzyme Microb Technol. 2011;48:100-5 pubmed publisher..The utilization of enzymatic bifunctionality described here, naming enzymatic modification of target compounds and facilitation of cell wall degradation, provides a novel approach for the extraction of natural compounds from plants...
- Gao J, Chen T, Hu G, Gong Y, Qiang B, Yuan J, et al. Nectin-like molecule 1 is a glycoprotein with a single N-glycosylation site at N290KS which influences its adhesion activity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1778:1429-35 pubmed publisher..Cell aggregation assay further showed there was an increased adhesion activity after the glycosylation site mutation of NECL1 molecule. ..
- Xu L, Zhao M. Aberrantly glycosylated serum IgA1 are closely associated with pathologic phenotypes of IgA nephropathy. Kidney Int. 2005;68:167-72 pubmed..The aim of the current study is to investigate whether aberrantly glycosylated IgA1 was associated with pathologic phenotypes of IgAN...