Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene targeting in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: gene targeting
- Tu T, Gao Q, Luo Y, Chen J, Lu D, Feng J, et al. CD146 deletion in the nervous system impairs appetite, locomotor activity and spatial learning in mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74124 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that CD146 is important for mammalian nervous system development and proper behavior patterns. ..
- Yu Z, Ren M, Wang Z, Zhang B, Rong Y, Jiao R, et al. Highly efficient genome modifications mediated by CRISPR/Cas9 in Drosophila. Genetics. 2013;195:289-91 pubmed publisher..Genes in both heterochromatin and euchromatin can be modified efficiently. Thus the Cas9/gRNA system is an attractive tool for rapid disruption of essentially any gene in Drosophila. ..
- Zu Y, Tong X, Wang Z, Liu D, Pan R, Li Z, et al. TALEN-mediated precise genome modification by homologous recombination in zebrafish. Nat Methods. 2013;10:329-31 pubmed publisher..We also successfully targeted two additional genes. Homologous recombination in zebrafish with a dsDNA donor expands the utility of this model organism. ..
- Liu B, Liu Y, Du Y, Mardaryev A, Yang W, Chen H, et al. Cbx4 regulates the proliferation of thymic epithelial cells and thymus function. Development. 2013;140:780-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these data establish Cbx4 as a crucial regulator for the generation and maintenance of the thymic epithelium and, hence, for thymocyte development...
- Wang K, Long B, Jiao J, Wang J, Liu J, Li Q, et al. miR-484 regulates mitochondrial network through targeting Fis1. Nat Commun. 2012;3:781 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a model of mitochondrial fission regulation by a microRNA. ..
- Tan J, Savigner A, Ma M, Luo M. Odor information processing by the olfactory bulb analyzed in gene-targeted mice. Neuron. 2010;65:912-26 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that olfactory information carried by an OR is channeled to its corresponding M/T cells and support the role of lateral inhibition via interneurons in sharpening the tuning of M/T cells. ..
- Meng F, Cheng X, Yang L, Hou N, Yang X, Meng A. Accelerated re-epithelialization in Dpr2-deficient mice is associated with enhanced response to TGFbeta signaling. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:2904-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, Dpr2 plays an inhibitory role in the re-epithelialization of adult skin wounds by attenuating TGFbeta signaling. ..
- Li C, Chen H, Ding F, Zhang Y, Luo A, Wang M, et al. A novel p53 target gene, S100A9, induces p53-dependent cellular apoptosis and mediates the p53 apoptosis pathway. Biochem J. 2009;422:363-72 pubmed publisher..Thus we conclude that a gene down-regulated in ESCC, S100A9, is a novel p53 transcriptional target, induces cellular apoptosis in a partly p53-dependent manner and mediates the p53 apoptosis pathway. ..
- Huang L, Wang Z, Jiang Z, Hu M, Lin F, Zhang Q, et al. Specific disruption of Tsc1 in ovarian granulosa cells promotes ovulation and causes progressive accumulation of corpora lutea. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54052 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that conditional knockout of Tsc1 in granulosa cells promotes reproductive activity in mice...
- Bo X, Lou S, Sun D, Shu W, Yang J, Wang S. Selection of antisense oligonucleotides based on multiple predicted target mRNA structures. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:122 pubmed..The results of this paper imply that some features characterizing multiple predicted target site structures can be used to predict ODN efficacy. ..
- Yang G, Sun Q, Teng Y, Li F, Weng T, Yang X. PTEN deficiency causes dyschondroplasia in mice by enhanced hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha signaling and endoplasmic reticulum stress. Development. 2008;135:3587-97 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that PTEN function in chondrocytes is essential for their adaptation to stresses and for the inhibition of dyschondroplasia. ..
- Guo L, Yu W, Li X, Zhao G, Liang J, He P, et al. Targeting of integrin-linked kinase with a small interfering RNA suppresses progression of experimental proliferative vitreoretinopathy. Exp Eye Res. 2008;87:551-60 pubmed publisher..This may be a potential therapeutic usefulness in treating PVR...
- Chen H, Ma Z, Liu Z, Tian Y, Xiang Y, Wang C, et al. Case studies of ends-out gene targeting in Drosophila. Genesis. 2009;47:305-8 pubmed publisher..This technique provided successful and efficient gene replacement, greatly facilitating the gene knockout procedure. ..
- Yang S, Hou Z, Yang G, Zhang J, Hu Y, Sun J, et al. Chondrocyte-specific Smad4 gene conditional knockout results in hearing loss and inner ear malformation in mice. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1897-908 pubmed publisher..Auditory function tests revealed the homozygous Smad4Co/Co mice suffered from severe sensorineural hearing loss. Our results suggest that Smad4 is required for inner ear development and normal auditory function in mammals. ..
- Zhang L, Li X, Zhao M, He P, Yu W, Dong J, et al. Antisense oligonucleotide targeting c-fos mRNA limits retinal pigment epithelial cell proliferation: a key step in the progression of proliferative vitreoretinopathy. Exp Eye Res. 2006;83:1405-11 pubmed..These findings establish a rationale for investigating the potential use of a c-fos-AS-ON as a novel therapeutical tool in the treatment of PVR. ..
- Huang P, Xu L, Liang W, Tam C, Zhang Y, Qi F, et al. Genomic deletion induced by Tol2 transposon excision in zebrafish. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:e36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that imprecise Tol2 transposon excision can be used as an alternative strategy to achieve gene targeting in zebrafish. ..
- Huang P, Zhu Z, Lin S, Zhang B. Reverse genetic approaches in zebrafish. J Genet Genomics. 2012;39:421-33 pubmed publisher..Future directions and expectations will also be discussed. ..
- Zhang X, Chen W, Zhang Y, Jiang L, Chen Z, Wen Y, et al. Deletion of ku homologs increases gene targeting frequency in Streptomyces avermitilis. J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol. 2012;39:917-25 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ku-deleted strains will be useful hosts for efficient gene targeting and will facilitate functional analysis of genes in S. avermitilis and other industrially important bacterial strains. ..
- Shi J, Diao Z, Zhou J, Zhu J, Yuan H, You X, et al. Epirubicin potentiates recombinant adeno-associated virus type 2/5-mediated TRAIL expression in fibroblast-like synoviocytes and augments the antiarthritic effects of rAAV2/5-TRAIL. Arthritis Rheum. 2012;64:1345-54 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that epirubicin enhances the antiarthritic effect of rAAV2/5-TRAIL and that combination treatment might be an important therapeutic alternative, with practical significance for rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Gao Y, Yang G, Weng T, Du J, Wang X, Zhou J, et al. Disruption of Smad4 in odontoblasts causes multiple keratocystic odontogenic tumors and tooth malformation in mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:5941-51 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insight into the genetic basis underlying KCOTs and have important implications for new directions in KCOT treatment...
- He X, Li H, Zhou Z, Zhao Z, Li W. Production of brown/yellow patches in the SLC7A11 transgenic sheep via testicular injection of transgene. J Genet Genomics. 2012;39:281-5 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest that testicular injection of transgene can be used to genetically modify sheep coat color. ..
- Zhong H, Wu X, Huang H, Fan Q, Zhu Z, Lin S. Vertebrate MAX-1 is required for vascular patterning in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:16800-5 pubmed..Our findings therefore suggest that max-1, acting upstream of the ephrin pathway, is critically required in vascular patterning in vertebrate species. ..
- Sun Z, Miao X, Zhu R. [New advances in animal transgenic technology]. Yi Chuan. 2010;32:539-47 pubmed..The new transgenic techniques can provide a better platform for the study of trans-genic animals and promote the development of medical sciences, livestock production, and other fields...
- Yang F, Zhang Y, Cao Y, Wang S, Liu L. Establishment and utilization of a tetracycline-controlled inducible RNA interfering system to repress gene expression in chronic myelogenous leukemia cells. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2005;37:851-6 pubmed..Thus, the inducible siRNAi system in K562 cells might be useful for the study of RNAi-mediated therapeutic approaches against CML. ..
- Han Y, Zhu B, Luan F, Zhu H, Shao Y, Chen A, et al. Conserved miRNAs and their targets identified in lettuce (Lactuca) by EST analysis. Gene. 2010;463:1-7 pubmed publisher..Similar to previous works, some miRNA targets are transcription factors involved in lettuce growth and development, metabolism, and stress responses. ..