Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on escherichia coli in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: escherichia coli
Publications373 found, 100 shown here
- Sun L, Wang M, Lv Z, Yang N, Liu Y, Bao S, et al. Structural insights into protein arginine symmetric dimethylation by PRMT5. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:20538-43 pubmed publisher..This discovery also implies a potentially regulatable outcome of arginine dimethylation that may provide versatile control of eukaryotic gene expression. ..
- Boruah B, Liu D, Ye D, Gu T, Jiang C, Qu M, et al. Single domain antibody multimers confer protection against rabies infection. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71383 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that the combodies could be valuable tools in understanding viral mechanisms, diagnosis and possible anti-viral candidate for RABV infection. ..
- Wang L, Zhang L, Liu Z, Liu Z, Zhao D, Liu X, et al. A minimal nitrogen fixation gene cluster from Paenibacillus sp. WLY78 enables expression of active nitrogenase in Escherichia coli. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003865 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the potential for engineering nitrogen fixation in a non-nitrogen fixing organism with a minimum set of nine nif genes. ..
- Olajuyin A, Yang M, Liu Y, Mu T, Tian J, Adaramoye O, et al. Efficient production of succinic acid from Palmaria palmata hydrolysate by metabolically engineered Escherichia coli. Bioresour Technol. 2016;214:653-659 pubmed publisher..57Â±0.17g/L) and galactose (18.03Â±0.10g/L). The results demonstrate that P. palmata red macroalgae biomass represents a novel and an economically alternative feedstock for biochemicals production. ..
- Shen C, Shen A. Identification of a novel transcript of human MD2 gene. Gene. 2016;590:123-7 pubmed publisher..This transcript lacked two exons of MD2 gene. By protein structure analysis and literature review, we predicted that MD2-T3 isoform might execute regulatory biological effects such as limiting LPS-triggered TLR4 signaling. ..
- Yang X, Li Z, Gao Z, Wang W, Geng Z, Xu J, et al. Structural and SAXS analysis of Tle5-Tli5 complex reveals a novel inhibition mechanism of H2-T6SS in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Protein Sci. 2017;26:2083-2091 pubmed publisher..We also distinguished the structural features of Tle5 and Tle5B family immunity proteins. Together, our work provided insights into a novel inhibition mechanism that may enhance our understanding of phospholipase D family proteins. ..
- Wang H, Chen Y, Yang H, Chen X, Duan M, Tai P, et al. Ring-like pore structures of SecA: implication for bacterial protein-conducting channels. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:4221-6 pubmed..They do not form in solution or in the presence of uncharged phosphatidylcholine. These ring-like phospholipid-induced pore-structures may form the core of bacterial protein-conducting channels through bacterial membranes. ..
- Zheng W, Sun F, Bartlam M, Li X, Li R, Rao Z. The crystal structure of human isopentenyl diphosphate isomerase at 1.7 A resolution reveals its catalytic mechanism in isoprenoid biosynthesis. J Mol Biol. 2007;366:1447-58 pubmed..Comparison with Escherichia coli IPP isomerase reveals a novel substrate entrance in human IPP isomerase. ..
- Chen T, Wang J, Zeng L, Li R, Li J, Chen Y, et al. Significant rewiring of the transcriptome and proteome of an Escherichia coli strain harboring a tailored exogenous global regulator IrrE. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37126 pubmed publisher..This work also suggests a possibility of introducing and engineering other exogenous global regulators to rewire the genomes of microorganism cells. ..
- Pang Y, Lu J, Wang Y, Song Y, Wang S, Zhao Y. Study of the rifampin monoresistance mechanism in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2013;57:893-900 pubmed publisher..The predicted structure of RpoB and the newly identified efflux pumps in this study will provide a novel approach to design new drugs and develop novel diagnosis technologies. ..
- Zhou Y, Wan X, Wang H, Yan Z, Hou Y, Jin D. Bacterial scavengase p20 is structurally and functionally related to peroxiredoxins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;233:848-52 pubmed..Taken together, our findings strongly suggest that the p20 scavengases are structurally and functionally related to peroxiredoxins. ..
- Liu G, Jin C, Jin C. CMP-N-acetylneuraminic acid synthetase from Escherichia coli K1 is a bifunctional enzyme: identification of minimal catalytic domain for synthetase activity and novel functional domain for platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase activity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:17738-49 pubmed..Although its physiological function is still unclear, it has been proposed that the alpha1-subunit-like domain of E. coli may be involved in the traversal of the blood-brain barrier. ..
- Xu Y, Liu Y, Lou Z, Qin L, Li X, Bai Z, et al. Structural basis for coronavirus-mediated membrane fusion. Crystal structure of mouse hepatitis virus spike protein fusion core. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30514-22 pubmed..Drug discovery strategies aimed at inhibiting viral entry by blocking hairpin formation may be applied to the inhibition of a number of emerging infectious diseases, including severe acute respiratory syndrome. ..
- He Y, Zhou H, Tang H, Luo Y. Deficiency of disulfide bonds facilitating fibrillogenesis of endostatin. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:1048-57 pubmed
- Chao Y, Kang J, Sun Y, Yang Q, Wang P, Wu M, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel gene encoding zinc finger protein from Medicago sativa L. Mol Biol Rep. 2009;36:2315-21 pubmed publisher..MsZFN was quickly and transiently induced by NaCl treatment and reached its maximum at 30 min. ..
- Zeng F, Wang W, Wu Y, Dey M, Ye M, Avery M, et al. Two prenylated and C-methylated flavonoids from Tripterygium wilfordii. Planta Med. 2010;76:1596-9 pubmed publisher..0?±?0.7? µM. Both compounds showed moderate antiproliferative activity against the tumor cell lines HT-29 and ZR-75-1...
- Yang Q, Yu K, Yan L, Li Y, Chen C, Li X. Structural view of the regulatory subunit of aspartate kinase from Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Protein Cell. 2011;2:745-54 pubmed publisher..Biochemical assays in our study showed that MtbAK is inhibited by threonine. Based on crystal structure analysis, we discuss the regulatory mechanism of MtbAK. ..
- Xie P. Dynamics of tRNA occupancy and dissociation during translation by the ribosome. J Theor Biol. 2013;316:49-60 pubmed publisher..GTP and aminoacyl-tRNA.EF-Tu.GTP complex, the mean time for occupancy of three tRNA molecules is in the order of milliseconds in one translation cycle, which is much shorter than the in vitro mean translation time of about 1s. ..
- Ma Q. Characterization of a cinnamoyl-CoA reductase that is associated with stem development in wheat. J Exp Bot. 2007;58:2011-21 pubmed..This suggests that Ta-CCR1 and its related CCR enzyme may be involved in the regulation of lignin biosynthesis during stem maturity and then contributes to stem strength support in wheat. ..
- Wang Y, Peng F, Tong W, Sun H, Xu N, Liu S. The nitrated proteome in heart mitochondria of the db/db mouse model: characterization of nitrated tyrosine residues in SCOT. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:4254-63 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that the two tyrosine residues of SCOT are the priority sites attacked by NO, and their nitration status is a causal factor leading to inhibition of SCOT catalysis...
- Zhang Z, Li X, Zhu B, Wen Y, Duan C, Pan Q. Molecular characterization and expression analysis on two isogenes encoding 3-deoxy-D-arabino-heptulosonate 7-phosphate synthase in grapes. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:4739-47 pubmed publisher..The results give new insight into further study on regulatory mechanism of grape phenolics biosynthesis...
- Tripathi L, Wu L, Meng D, Chen J, Chen G. Biosynthesis and characterization of diblock copolymer of p(3-hydroxypropionate)-block-p(4-hydroxybutyrate) from recombinant Escherichia coli. Biomacromolecules. 2013;14:862-70 pubmed publisher..Block copolymerization of P3HP and P4HB adds a new vision on PHA polymerization by generation of new polymers with superior properties. ..
- Xu D, Wang Q, Yang T, Cao J, Lin Q, Yuan Z, et al. Polyethyleneimine Capped Silver Nanoclusters as Efficient Antibacterial Agents. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016;13: pubmed publisher..Such proposed new materials might be useful as efficient antibacterial agents in practical clinical applications. ..
- Lai X, Shao H, Hao F, Huang L. Biochemical characterization of an ATP-dependent DNA ligase from the hyperthermophilic crenarchaeon Sulfolobus shibatae. Extremophiles. 2002;6:469-77 pubmed..The enzyme showed little activity on a 1-nucleotide gapped substrate. This is the first biochemical study of a DNA ligase from the crenarchaeotal branch of the archaea domain. ..
- Zhang G, Cong A, Xu G, Sun L, Yan Y, Xia T. [Isolation and identification of Comamonas testosteroni: cloning and overexpression of 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase in E.coli]. Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2005;37:203-6 pubmed..To isolate and identify 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3alpha-HSD) producing Comamonas testosteroni from soil, and to clone and overexpress 3alpha-HSD in E.coli...
- Dun B, Wang X, Lu W, Zhao Z, Hou S, Zhang B, et al. Reconstitution of glyphosate resistance from a split 5-enolpyruvyl shikimate-3-phosphate synthase gene in Escherichia coli and transgenic tobacco. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2007;73:7997-8000 pubmed..Intein-mediated protein complementation was used to reconstitute glyphosate resistance from the genetically divided G2 EPSPS gene in Escherichia coli strain ER2799 and transgenic tobacco. ..
- Liu X, Xu L, Liu Y, Tong X, Zhu G, Zhang X, et al. Crystal structure of the hexamer of human heat shock factor binding protein 1. Proteins. 2009;75:1-11 pubmed publisher..Substitution of this residue with Ile increases the melting temperature by 24 degrees C, implicating that this conserved serine residue is maintained at position 31 for functional purposes. ..
- Zhao X, Shaw A, Wang J, Chang C, Deng J, Su J. A novel high-throughput screening method for microbial transglutaminases with high specificity toward Gln141 of human growth hormone. J Biomol Screen. 2010;15:206-12 pubmed publisher..This method is highly sensitive, is easily automated, and could be generally applied to screening mTGases with desired specificity targeting on different therapeutic proteins. ..
- Wen Y, Li J, Zhang Z, Zhang Y, Pan Q. Antibody preparation, gene expression and subcellular localization of L-idonate dehydrogenase in grape berry. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74:2413-7 pubmed..In the 21-d berries, this enzyme was largely located in the cytoplasm and a few in the cell wall, secondary cell wall, and chloroplast, whereas in the 60 berries, it was distributed mainly in the vacuole and cytoplasm. ..
- Tang Y, Pan X, Chen Y, Tai P, Sui S. Dimeric SecA couples the preprotein translocation in an asymmetric manner. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16498 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that during preprotein translocation, the two SecA protomers are different in structure and may play different roles. ..
- Wu S, Zhang F, Huang Z, Liu H, Xie C, Zhang J, et al. Effects of the antimicrobial peptide cecropin AD on performance and intestinal health in weaned piglets challenged with Escherichia coli. Peptides. 2012;35:225-30 pubmed publisher..05). Overall, these data suggest that cecropin AD enhances pig performance through increasing immune status and nitrogen and energy retention as well as reducing intestinal pathogens in weaned piglets. ..
- Chen J, Song J, Zhang S, Wang Y, Cui D, Wang C. Chaperone activity of DsbC. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:19601-5 pubmed..Like PDI, DsbC is also a disulfide isomerase with chaperone activity but may recognize different folding intermediates as does PDI. ..
- Chen L, Yang X, Tang J. [Expression, purification and characterization of human prorelaxin-like-protein H2 in Escherichia coli]. Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai). 2002;34:595-600 pubmed..Molecular weight of the purified recombinant human Met-prorelaxin-like-protein H2 was measured to be 18 390.4 (calculated theoretical value 18 392.3) by matrix assisted laser desorption ionization time-of-flight mass spectroscopy. ..
- Jiang H, Ouyang H, Zhou H, Jin C. GDP-mannose pyrophosphorylase is essential for cell wall integrity, morphogenesis and viability of Aspergillus fumigatus. Microbiology. 2008;154:2730-9 pubmed publisher..Our results showed that the Afsrb1 gene is essential for cell wall integrity, morphogenesis and viability of Aspergillus fumigatus...
- Chu X, Wang L, He Y, Dong Z. [Expression and characterization of chaperonin from Sulfolobus solfataricus P2]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2008;48:1324-9 pubmed..Our research has laid a foundation for the further study on the molecular mechanism of thermoacidophilic archaeon. ..
- Li C, Tao J, Mao D, He C. A novel manganese efflux system, YebN, is required for virulence by Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzae. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21983 pubmed publisher..Our results lay the foundations for elucidating the complex and fascinating relationship between metal homeostasis and host-pathogen interactions...
- Xiao B, Liao Q. [Analysis of diversity of vaginal microbiota in healthy Chinese women by using DNA-fingerprinting]. Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2012;44:281-7 pubmed..Bacteroides fragilis and lactic acid producing Veillonella sp. and Anaerococcus lactolyticus. Meanwhile Lactobacillus iners was firstly found by DGGE to be the dominant vaginal bacteria in different physiological states. ..
- Zeng F, Jiang R, Chen T. PyroHMMsnp: an SNP caller for Ion Torrent and 454 sequencing data. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:e136 pubmed publisher..Analysis of the human resequencing data shows that PyroHMMsnp predicts 12.9% more SNPs than Samtools while achieving a higher specificity. (http://code.google.com/p/pyrohmmsnp/). ..
- Li L, Guo Q, Liu J, Zhang J, Yin Y, Dong D, et al. Recombinant HSA-CMG2 Is a Promising Anthrax Toxin Inhibitor. Toxins (Basel). 2016;8: pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that HSA-CMG2 is a promising inhibitor of anthrax toxin and may contribute to the development of novel anthrax drugs. ..
- Xia H, Wang Y, Sun J. Characterization of polyketide ketoreductase gene (MPKR) from midecamycin-producing strain (Streptomyces mycarofaciens 1748). Chin J Biotechnol. 1994;10:169-78 pubmed..The deduced amino acid sequences of MPKR gene consisted of 261 aa residues. Its amino acid were compared with actIII gene coding protein sequences. The similarity was 77.4% and the identity was 66.7%. ..
- Liu T, Zhu P, Cheng K, Meng C, He H. Molecular cloning, expression and characterization of hyoscyamine 6beta-hydroxylase from hairy roots of Anisodus tanguticus. Planta Med. 2005;71:249-53 pubmed..The A. tanguticus H6H was expressed in Escherichia coli and purified for enzyme function analysis. This study characterized the recombinant AtH6H and showed it could generate scopolamine from hyoscyamine. ..
- Huang W, Cao C, Li P, Zhong H, Ma Q. [Expression plasmid-host strain using chromosome-plasmid balanced lethal system based on the Escherichia coli thyA]. Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao. 2003;19:521-6 pubmed..It holds great potential in gene vaccine vector because obviating the weakpoints of the drug resistance marker during application. ..
- Wei X, Chen G. Applications of the VHb gene vgb for improved microbial fermentation processes. Methods Enzymol. 2008;436:273-87 pubmed publisher..In this chapter, many well-studied areas are presented to illustrate the potential of VHb application in microbial metabolic engineering industry. Also, applications of the vgb promoter have been discussed...
- Meng G, Bai X, Green T, Luo M, Zheng X. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic studies on SI-CLP, a novel human Glyco_18 domain-containing protein. Protein Pept Lett. 2009;16:336-8 pubmed..7 A. The crystals belong to the space group P3(2)21 with unit cell parameters a=b=99.79 A, c=250.53 A, alpha=beta=90 degrees, gamma=120 degrees. There are two molecules per asymmetry unit. ..
- Chen T, Zhang J, Liang L, Yang R, Lin Z. An in vivo, label-free quick assay for xylose transport in Escherichia coli. Anal Biochem. 2009;390:63-7 pubmed publisher..This method should be useful for engineering of the xylose transport process in E. coli, and similar assay schemes can be extended to other microorganisms...
- Lin Y, Teng K, Huan L, Zhong J. Dissection of the bridging pattern of bovicin HJ50, a lantibiotic containing a characteristic disulfide bridge. Microbiol Res. 2011;166:146-54 pubmed publisher..This is the first study that reports the bridging pattern of bovicin HJ50. ..
- Feng Z, Fang G, Korlach J, Clark T, Luong K, Zhang X, et al. Detecting DNA modifications from SMRT sequencing data by modeling sequence context dependence of polymerase kinetic. PLoS Comput Biol. 2013;9:e1002935 pubmed publisher..Thus, sequencing costs can be greatly reduced by using the model. We implemented the model in a R package named seqPatch, which is available at https://github.com/zhixingfeng/seqPatch. ..
- Zhang Y, Wang L, Hu Y, Jin C. Solution structure of the TatB component of the twin-arginine translocation system. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1838:1881-8 pubmed publisher..The observed floppiness of helices ?3 and ?4 allows TatB to sample a large conformational space, thus providing high structural plasticity to interact with substrate proteins of different sizes and shapes. ..
- Song N, Liu Z, Xue W, Bai Z, Wang Q, Dai J, et al. NLRP3 Phosphorylation Is an Essential Priming Event for Inflammasome Activation. Mol Cell. 2017;68:185-197.e6 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study reveals a key priming molecular event that is a prerequisite for NLRP3 inflammasome activation. Inhibiting NLRP3 phosphorylation could be an effective treatment for NLRP3-related diseases. ..
- Qi Z, Zhao X, Wang Y, Yan J, Shen Y. [Photodynamic effect of HPD on DNA functions]. Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao. 1995;17:390-4 pubmed..Also the in vitro run-off transcription of IL-2R alpha gene was affected by HPD and light. It means that the DNA functions are influenced by the photodynamic effects. ..
- Li T, Ji X, Sun F, Gao R, Cao S, Feng Y, et al. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of recombinant histone HPhA from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus horikoshii OT3. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2002;58:870-1 pubmed..99, b = 46.89, c = 35.02 A, alpha = gamma = 90, beta = 104 degrees. The asymmetric unit contained two molecules and had a solvent content of approximately 35%. ..
- Du G, Hou L, Guan R, Tong Y, Wang H. Establishment of a simple assay in vitro for hepatitis C virus NS3 serine protease based on recombinant substrate and single-chain protease. World J Gastroenterol. 2002;8:1088-93 pubmed..A simple and convenient assay in vitro for hepatitis C virus NS3 serine protease is based on recombinant substrate NS5ab and single-chain serine protease. This assay can be used in screening of enzyme inhibitors. ..
- Mi S, An C, Wang Y, Chen J, Che N, Gao Y, et al. Trichomislin, a novel ribosome-inactivating protein, induces apoptosis that involves mitochondria and caspase-3. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2005;434:258-65 pubmed..These results suggested that trichomislin induced apoptosis by releasing cytochrome c from mitochondria which then triggered the caspase family member activation. ..
- Ni C, Wang H, Xu T, Qu Z, Liu G. AtKP1, a kinesin-like protein, mainly localizes to mitochondria in Arabidopsis thaliana. Cell Res. 2005;15:725-33 pubmed..The AtKP1 protein could not be released following a 0.6 M KI washing, indicating that AtKP1 is tightly bind to mitochondria and might function associated with this kind of organelles. ..
- DeRyke C, Banevicius M, Fan H, Nicolau D. Bactericidal activities of meropenem and ertapenem against extended-spectrum-beta-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae in a neutropenic mouse thigh model. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2007;51:1481-6 pubmed..However, for isolates with raised ertapenem MICs of>or=2 microg/ml, meropenem displayed sustained efficacy due to its greater in vitro potency and higher resultant fT>MIC...
- Luo H, Chen S, Ren F, Guo H, Lin S, Xu W. In vitro reconstitution of antimicrobial pathogen activity by expressed recombinant bovine lactoferrin N-terminal peptide in Escherichia coli. J Dairy Res. 2007;74:233-8 pubmed..coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae were 11.7, 11.7, 11.7, 23.4 microg and 23.4, 11.7, 11.7, 46.4 microg, respectively. This study created a new route for exploring lactoferrin peptide application in food science. ..
- Liu Y, Li P, Zhao K, Wang B, Jiang C, Drake H, et al. Corynebacterium glutamicum contains 3-deoxy-D-arabino-heptulosonate 7-phosphate synthases that display novel biochemical features. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2008;74:5497-503 pubmed publisher..glutamicum subsp. flavum. Both Co2+ and Mn2+ significantly stimulated the NCgl0950 DAHP synthase's activity, whereas Mn2+ was much more stimulatory than Co2+ to the NCgl2098 DAHP synthase's activity...
- Zhao Y, Shan L, Jin C, Zhou X, Xiao X. [Study on quality evaluation of Radix Isatis based on analysis of biothermic activity]. Zhong Yao Cai. 2008;31:743-7 pubmed..To establish a novel pattern and method to evaluate the quality of Radix Isatis based on analysis of biothermic activity...
- Pan X, Ding Y, Shi L. The roles of SbcCD and RNaseE in the transcription of GAA x TTC repeats in Escherichia coli. DNA Repair (Amst). 2009;8:1321-7 pubmed publisher..These suggested that processing of DNA and RNA is essential to the transcription of the repeats-carrying gene in vivo. ..
- Yang C, Freudl R, Qiao C. Export of methyl parathion hydrolase to the periplasm by the twin-arginine translocation pathway in Escherichia coli. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:8901-5 pubmed publisher..Owing to their high activity and superior stability, these "live biocatalysts" are ideal for large-scale detoxification of OPs. ..
- Wang G, Luo H, Wang Y, Huang H, Shi P, Yang P, et al. A novel cold-active xylanase gene from the environmental DNA of goat rumen contents: direct cloning, expression and enzyme characterization. Bioresour Technol. 2011;102:3330-6 pubmed publisher..These properties suggest that XynGR40 is a novel cold active xylanase and has great potential for basic research and industrial applications. ..
- Qiu F, Jia Z, Guo M, Chen S, Yi Y, Shen L, et al. [Expression of hepatitis C virus subunit fusion protein and analysis of its immunogenicity]. Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi. 2010;24:113-5 pubmed..It could provide some helpful and useful information to the hepatitis C virus prophylactic and therapeutic vaccine development. ..
- Li J, Lin S, Wang J, Jia S, Yang M, Hao Z, et al. Ligand-free palladium-mediated site-specific protein labeling inside gram-negative bacterial pathogens. J Am Chem Soc. 2013;135:7330-8 pubmed publisher..Our strategy may be generally applicable for imaging and tracking various virulence proteins within Gram-negative bacterial pathogens. ..
- Wang L, Li J, Wang X, Liu W, Zhang X, Li X, et al. Structure analysis of the extracellular domain reveals disulfide bond forming-protein properties of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Rv2969c. Protein Cell. 2013;4:628-40 pubmed publisher..To investigate the disulphide formation pathway in M.tuberculosis, we modeled Mtb Vitamin K epoxide reductase (Mtb VKOR), a binding partner of Mtb DsbA, to Mtb DsbA. ..
- Bi S, Yu D, Si G, Luo C, Li T, Ouyang Q, et al. Discovery of novel chemoeffectors and rational design of Escherichia coli chemoreceptor specificity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:16814-9 pubmed publisher..Following this strategy, we have successfully redesigned Tar to respond to l-arginine, a basic amino acid that does not have chemotactic effect for WT Tar, by two site-specific mutations (R69'E and R73'E). ..
- Luo Y, Ma Y, Zhao Q, Wang L, Guo L, Ye L, et al. Similarity and divergence of phylogenies, antimicrobial susceptibilities, and virulence factor profiles of Escherichia coli isolates causing recurrent urinary tract infections that persist or result from reinfection. J Clin Microbiol. 2012;50:4002-7 pubmed publisher..Compared with reinfection strains, persistence UPEC isolates exhibited higher VF scores and carried more VF genes than may be involved in the development and progression of RUTI. ..
- Wang M, Nie K, Cao H, Xu H, Fang Y, Tan T, et al. Biosynthesis of medium chain length alkanes for bio-aviation fuel by metabolic engineered Escherichia coli. Bioresour Technol. 2017;239:542-545 pubmed publisher..00062mg/g, 0.0052mg/g, and 0.249mg/g respectively. Thioesterase from UC controlled the fatty acid chain length in a range of 10-14 carbons and the ACP gene with whole FASs from JC significantly increased the production of MCLA. ..
- Teng J, Rui X, Zhang Y, Zhang Z, Su G. [Stable expression and immunogenicity in a attenuated Salmonella typhi strain of coli surface antigen-6 of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 1999;39:533-8 pubmed..typhi Ty2. Immunization of rabbit with this strain raised specific antibody responses against CS6 and Vi antigen of S. typhi. This study lays the foundation for the construction of a new E. coli/S. typhi bivalent live oral vaccine. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang Y, Ding J, Liu Y, Wang J, Yu Z. [Cloming, sequence analysis of imidase gene from Alcaligenes eatrophus and its expression in E. coli]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2002;42:153-62 pubmed..Under the control of lac promoter and IPTG induction, the imidase activity of transformed E. coli reached 3200 U/L, which is about 7-fold higher than that of gene donor strain...
- Zhang Z, Song L, Fang M, Wang F, He D, Zhao R, et al. Production of soluble and functional engineered antibodies in Escherichia coli improved by FkpA. Biotechniques. 2003;35:1032-8, 1041-2 pubmed..Furthermore, PG, BH1, and TRI were biologically active as judged by ELISA and in vitro cytotoxicity assay. These results suggest that overexpression of FkpA should be useful in expressing heterologous proteins in E. coli. ..
- Shi N, Liu Y, Ni M, Yang M, Wu J, Peng Y, et al. Expression, crystallization and preliminary X-ray studies of the recombinant PTB domain of mouse dok1 protein. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2004;60:334-6 pubmed..Subsequently, three different wavelength data sets from the derivative crystal were collected to 2.5 A resolution at SPring-8. ..
- Qian Z, Wang J, Zhou C, Ma Y, Liu S. [Expression and catalysis of glucokinase of Thermoanaerobacter tengcongensis at different temperatures]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2006;46:243-8 pubmed..All the results herein demonstrate that TTE0090 is a novel gene of GLK. The studies on TTE0090 and its protein product, thus, may deepen our understanding of the adaptation mechanism of thermophilic bacteria living in harsh environment...
- Peng J, Zhang X, Yang J, Wang J, Yang E, Bin W, et al. The use of comparative genomic hybridization to characterize genome dynamics and diversity among the serotypes of Shigella. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:218 pubmed..Moreover, we also found many specific differences between different lineages, providing a window into understanding bacterial speciation and taxonomic relationships. ..
- Gu W, Huang H, Yang P, Luo H, Meng K, Wang Y, et al. [Gene cloning, expression and characterization of a novel phytase from Hafnia alvei]. Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao. 2007;23:1017-21 pubmed..0-10.0. The specific activity of r-APPA is 356.7 U/mg, and the Km value was 0.49 mmol/L and Vmax of 238 U/mg. The enzyme showed resistance to pepsin and trypsin treatment...
- Qi Y, Wu C, Zhang S, Wang Z, Huang S, Dai L, et al. Selection of anti-sulfadimidine specific ScFvs from a hybridoma cell by eukaryotic ribosome display. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6427 pubmed publisher..The selection of anti-SM(2) specific scFv by in vitro ribosome display technology will have an important significance for the development of novel immunodetection strategies for residual veterinary drugs. ..
- Wang W, Qi Z, Zhang Q, Wu B, Zhu Z, Yang Y, et al. Different strategies for preparation of non-tagged rV270 protein and its efficacy against Yersinia pestis challenge. Biomed Environ Sci. 2010;23:333-40 pubmed publisher..The recombinant rV270 can be used as a key component to develop a subunit vaccine of plague. ..
- Chen T, Wang J, Yang R, Li J, Lin M, Lin Z. Laboratory-evolved mutants of an exogenous global regulator, IrrE from Deinococcus radiodurans, enhance stress tolerances of Escherichia coli. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16228 pubmed publisher..This new approach can be applied alone or in combination with other global methods, such as global transcriptional machinery engineering (gTME) for strain improvements. ..
- Zhang H, Gao Z, Hou H, Xu J, Li L, Su X, et al. High-resolution structure of a new crystal form of BamA POTRA4-5 from Escherichia coli. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2011;67:734-8 pubmed publisher..Here, the crystal structure of POTRA4-5 has been determined to 1.50 Å resolution with an R factor of 14.7% and an Rfree of 18.9%. ..
- Yuan P, Meng K, Shi P, Luo H, Huang H, Tu T, et al. An alkaline-active and alkali-stable pectate lyase from Streptomyces sp. S27 with potential in textile industry. J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol. 2012;39:909-15 pubmed publisher..49.7%). When combined with cellulase and ?-amylase, r-PL-STR had comparable performance in bioscouring of jute fabric (22.39 vs. 22.99%). Thus, r-PL-STR might represent a good candidate for use in alkaline industries such as textile. ..
- Zhao Y, He W, Liu W, Liu C, Feng L, Sun L, et al. Two distinct states of Escherichia coli cells that overexpress recombinant heterogeneous ?-galactosidase. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:9259-68 pubmed publisher..These results shed new light on the mechanism of inclusion body formation and will facilitate the development of new strategies in improving recombinant protein quality. ..
- Guo Q, Goto S, Chen Y, Feng B, Xu Y, Muto A, et al. Dissecting the in vivo assembly of the 30S ribosomal subunit reveals the role of RimM and general features of the assembly process. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:2609-20 pubmed publisher..More importantly, this study reveals intriguing similarities and dissimilarities between the in vitro and the in vivo assembly pathways, suggesting that they are in general similar but with subtle differences. ..
- Lu P, Ma D, Chen Y, Guo Y, Chen G, Deng H, et al. L-glutamine provides acid resistance for Escherichia coli through enzymatic release of ammonia. Cell Res. 2013;23:635-44 pubmed publisher..We show that YbaS and the amino acid antiporter GadC, which exchanges extracellular Gln with intracellular Glu, together constitute an acid resistance system that is sufficient for E. coli survival under extremely acidic environment...
- Guo H, Gao Z, Zhang H, Wei Y, Xu J, Wang W, et al. Purification, crystallization and preliminary crystallographic analysis of the 23S rRNA methyltransferase RlmM (Cm2498) from Escherichia coli. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2013;69:640-2 pubmed publisher..07, b = 59.38, c = 54.35 Å, β = 94.84°, which differs from the P3(1) or P3(1)21 space groups of previously reported RlmM structures (PDB entries 4auk, 4atn and 4b17). ..
- Gao J, Lan T. Functional characterization of the late embryogenesis abundant (LEA) protein gene family from Pinus tabuliformis (Pinaceae) in Escherichia coli. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19467 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, among these enhanced tolerance genes, a certain extent of function divergence appeared within a gene group as well as between gene groups, suggesting potential functional diversity of this gene family in conifers. ..
- Yang X, Liu Y, Hu L, Guo L, Liu G, Wu B, et al. Protective efficacy of a genetic subunit bacterin against edema disease of swine in mice. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:18026-33 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the mixed subunit bacterin provided good protection against the homologous Ee strain, which provides a basis for further research, into high-efficacy vaccines against porcine edema disease. ..
- Tian Z, Li Q, Buck M, Kolb A, Wang Y. The CRP-cAMP complex and downregulation of the glnAp2 promoter provides a novel regulatory linkage between carbon metabolism and nitrogen assimilation in Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 2001;41:911-24 pubmed..A novel regulatory linkage between carbon and nitrogen regulons is proposed. ..
- Xu Y, Gao S, Cole D, Zhu J, Su N, Wang H, et al. Basis for fusion inhibition by peptides: analysis of the heptad repeat regions of the fusion proteins from Nipah and Hendra viruses, newly emergent zoonotic paramyxoviruses. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;315:664-70 pubmed..This provides the molecular basis of HR2 inhibition to NiV and HeV fusion as observed in an earlier report. ..
- Ye Q, Li X, Wong A, Wei Q, Jia Z. Structure of calmodulin bound to a calcineurin peptide: a new way of making an old binding mode. Biochemistry. 2006;45:738-45 pubmed..The interaction between the peptide and CaM is highly specific and similar to MLCK. ..
- Ning K, Zhang H, Han J, Fan H, Li J, Li R, et al. [Preparation of antibody against Memo protein and analysis of expression profile of Memo in mouse tissues]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2006;22:794-6 pubmed..Antibody specific to Memo has been successfully obtained, which provides useful tool for investigation into Memo-associated mechanisms of tumor metastasis and invasiveness. ..