Experts and Doctors on environmental monitoring in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: environmental monitoring
Publications241 found, 100 shown here
- Lü Z, Hao J, Duan J, Li J. [Estimate of the formation potential of secondary organic aerosol in Beijing summertime]. Huan Jing Ke Xue. 2009;30:969-75 pubmed..Hence, SOA formation potential of VOC species, in addition to their atmospheric concentrations and ozone formation potential, should be considered in policy making process of VOCs control. ..
- Huang Z, Tian Y, Xiao W, Zeng L, Ma D. [Nonpoint source pollution model, AnnAGNPS, assessment for a mixed forested watershed in Three Gorges Reservoir area]. Huan Jing Ke Xue. 2009;30:2872-8 pubmed
- Xia Z, Duan X, Tao S, Qiu W, Liu D, Wang Y, et al. Pollution level, inhalation exposure and lung cancer risk of ambient atmospheric polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in Taiyuan, China. Environ Pollut. 2013;173:150-6 pubmed publisher..In the same season and area, the ILCR of adults was larger than other age groups and that of females was a little higher than males. ..
- Wan W, Zhang S, Huang H, Wu T. Occurrence and distribution of organophosphorus esters in soils and wheat plants in a plastic waste treatment area in China. Environ Pollut. 2016;214:349-353 pubmed publisher..The uptake and translocation of OPEs by wheat were determined, with OPEs of high hydrophobicity more easily taken up from soils and OPEs with low hydrophobicity more liable to be translocated acropetally. ..
- Qiu X, Duan L, Cai S, Yu Q, Wang S, Chai F, et al. Effect of current emission abatement strategies on air quality improvement in China: A case study of Baotou, a typical industrial city in Inner Mongolia. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;57:383-390 pubmed publisher..The seasonal variation in sulfate concentration also showed that emission from coal-burning is the key factor to control during the heating season. ..
- Zhou S, Fu J, He H, Fu J, Tang Q, Dong M, et al. Spatial distribution and implications to sources of halogenated flame retardants in riverine sediments of Taizhou, an intense e-waste recycling area in eastern China. Chemosphere. 2017;184:1202-1208 pubmed publisher..Organic matter content of the sediment was not the dominant factor in determining the spatial pattern of pollution by halogenated flame retardants in the rivers of this study. ..
- Tian L, Guo H, Gao A, Lu X, Li Q. Effects of mercury released from gold extraction by amalgamation on renal function and environment in Shanxi, China. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2009;83:71-4 pubmed publisher..The urinary mercury and urinary beta(2)-microglobulin for the residents living in the contaminated area were 1.24 +/- 3.80 microg/L and 228.98 +/- 4.34 microg/g Cr, higher than those in the non-mercury contaminated area. ..
- Sun X, Wang T, Wu J, Ge J. [Change trend of vegetation cover in Beijing metropolitan region before and after the 2008 Olympics]. Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao. 2012;23:3133-40 pubmed..A series of ecological engineering projects during the preparatory period of the 2008 Olympics was the main cause of the vegetation increase in the study area. ..
- Meng M, Li B, Shao J, Wang T, He B, Shi J, et al. Accumulation of total mercury and methylmercury in rice plants collected from different mining areas in China. Environ Pollut. 2014;184:179-86 pubmed publisher..The obvious discrepancy between the distribution patterns of THg and MeHg reflected different pathways of IHg and MeHg accumulation. Water soluble Hg may play more important role in MeHg accumulation in rice plants. ..
- Duan X, Shen G, Yang H, Tian J, Wei F, Gong J, et al. Dietary intake polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and associated cancer risk in a cohort of Chinese urban adults: Inter- and intra-individual variability. Chemosphere. 2016;144:2469-75 pubmed publisher..The study indicates that measuring actually consumed foods is more appropriate for dietary intake exposure assessment, and intra-individual variance should be taken into account during study design and data analysis. ..
- Li M, Yang W, Sun T, Jin Y. Potential ecological risk of heavy metal contamination in sediments and macrobenthos in coastal wetlands induced by freshwater releases: A case study in the Yellow River Delta, China. Mar Pollut Bull. 2016;103:227-239 pubmed publisher..became dominant in the areas receiving freshwater releases, and provide direct evidence of ecological risk in the wetlands. Our results provide preliminary information to guide managers for ecological risk assessments. ..
- Shan B, Ding Y, Zhao Y. Development and preliminary application of a method to assess river ecological status in the Hai River Basin, north China. J Environ Sci (China). 2016;39:144-154 pubmed publisher..This study lays the foundation for river restoration and related research in the HRB, and we anticipate further developments of this novel method. ..
- Wang S, Liao T, Wang L, Sun Y. Process analysis of characteristics of the boundary layer during a heavy haze pollution episode in an inland megacity, China. J Environ Sci (China). 2016;40:138-44 pubmed publisher..The superposition of a wind field with the horizontal gentle wind induced the typical air stagnation and finally caused the deterioration of air quality during this haze event. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhang X, Zhu W, Zheng X, Deng X. Distortion product of otoacoustic emissions as a sensitive indicator of hearing loss in pilots. Aviat Space Environ Med. 2004;75:46-8 pubmed..There is individual variability in susceptibility and resistance to noise-induced hearing loss in humans. ..
- Li D, Yang M, Hu J, Zhang Y, Chang H, Jin F. Determination of penicillin G and its degradation products in a penicillin production wastewater treatment plant and the receiving river. Water Res. 2008;42:307-17 pubmed..8%, 20.4% and 12.9%, respectively, of the total concentration at the last site. This is the first study on the behaviors of PEN G and its main degradation products in wastewater treatment processes and the aquatic environment. ..
- Huang H, Zhang S, Christie P. Plant uptake and dissipation of PBDEs in the soils of electronic waste recycling sites. Environ Pollut. 2011;159:238-243 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first evidence for plant uptake of weathered PBDEs in the soils of e-waste recycling sites and planting contributes to the removal of PBDEs in e-waste contaminated soils. ..
- Pan Y, Shi Y, Wang J, Cai Y, Wu Y. Concentrations of perfluorinated compounds in human blood from twelve cities in China. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2010;29:2695-701 pubmed publisher..39 µg/L and 0.57 µg/L, respectively) were often lower. This can probably be attributed to a different exposure pathway of the general population in China as compared to other countries. ..
- Fu J, Wang Y, Zhang A, Zhang Q, Zhao Z, Wang T, et al. Spatial distribution of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and polybrominated biphenyl ethers (PBDEs) in an e-waste dismantling region in Southeast China: Use of apple snail (Ampullariidae) as a bioindicator. Chemosphere. 2011;82:648-55 pubmed publisher..Relatively high concentrations of PCBs and PBDEs at locations far from e-waste dismantling sites implied that these pollutants have been transported to surrounding regions. ..
- He X, Wei Y, Cheng L, Zhang D, Wang Z. Molecular detection of three gastroenteritis viruses in urban surface waters in Beijing and correlation with levels of fecal indicator bacteria. Environ Monit Assess. 2012;184:5563-70 pubmed publisher..02) and Enterococcus faecalis (R (2)?=?0.02) densities. Our study suggests prolonged virus persistence in aquatic environments and emphasizes the enteric virus group as the most reliable for environmental monitoring...
- Li B, Jiang L, Wang S, Zhou L, Xiao H, Tsai H. Ultra-abrupt tapered fiber Mach-Zehnder interferometer sensors. Sensors (Basel). 2011;11:5729-39 pubmed publisher..The proposed MZI sensors are capable of in situ detection in many areas of interest such as environmental management, industrial process control, and public health. ..
- Cong Z, Kang S, Gao S, Zhang Y, Li Q, Kawamura K. Historical trends of atmospheric black carbon on tibetan plateau as reconstructed from a 150-year lake sediment record. Environ Sci Technol. 2013;47:2579-86 pubmed publisher..Rapid economic development in South Asia is expected to continue in the next decades; therefore, the influence of BC over the TP merits further investigations. ..
- Han S, Zhou X, Tang Y, He M, Zhang X, Shi H, et al. Practical, highly sensitive, and regenerable evanescent-wave biosensor for detection of Hg(2+) and Pb(2+) in water. Biosens Bioelectron. 2016;80:265-272 pubmed publisher..The method was also successfully applied on Hg(2+) and Pb(2+) detection in real environmental water samples. ..
- Huang H, Gao L, Xia D, Qiao L, Wang R, Su G, et al. Characterization of short- and medium-chain chlorinated paraffins in outdoor/indoor PM10/PM2.5/PM1.0 in Beijing, China. Environ Pollut. 2017;225:674-680 pubmed publisher..5 ?m in diameter. The main homolog groups for both SCCPs and MCCPs were C10-11Cl7-8. It is assumed that SCCPs in the outdoor and indoor PM samples may mainly derive from the production and use of CP-42 and CP-52. ..
- Cao H, Tao S, Xu F, Coveney R, Cao J, Li B, et al. Multimedia fate model for hexachlorocyclohexane in Tianjin, China. Environ Sci Technol. 2004;38:2126-32 pubmed..The dispersions of the calculated and observed concentrations were compared in terms of coefficients of variation to distinguish between true variability and model uncertainty. ..
- Liu Y, Tao S, Dou H, Zhang T, Zhang X, Dawson R. Exposure of traffic police to Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in Beijing, China. Chemosphere. 2007;66:1922-8 pubmed..Based on calculated PAH diagnostic ratios, the major source of PAHs exposure was from vehicle exhaust. The effects of temperature, humidity and atmospheric stability on exposure levels are also discussed. ..
- Chen S, Xu F, Dawson R, Jiao X, Tao S. Adsorption and absorption of dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT) and metabolites (DDD and DDE) by rice roots. Environ Pollut. 2007;147:256-61 pubmed..A case specific equation was developed to quantitatively describe the partition of DDXs between soil and root surface. ..
- Liu G, Cai M, Zheng M, Nie Z, Liu W, Lv P, et al. Levels and profiles of unintentionally produced persistent organic pollutants in surface soils from Shanxi province, China. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2011;86:535-8 pubmed publisher..CN66/67 and CN73 are the dominant toxic congeners to polychlorinated naphthalenes. From the patterns, it was speculated that thermal related industries were possible sources of unintentionally produced persistent organic pollutions. ..
- Shi S, Zeng L, Zhou L, Zhang L, Zhang T, Dong L, et al. [Polybrominated diphenyl ethers in camphor bark from speedy developing urban in Jiangsu Province]. Huan Jing Ke Xue. 2011;32:2654-60 pubmed..The homologue and congener profiles of penta-BDEs for camphor bark were not consistent with commercial products, atmosphere and dust soil, which related with adsorption effect of tree bark and degradation effect of PBDEs...
- Wang L, Zhao P, Zhang F, Du F, Pan C. Diafenthiuron residue and decline in pakchoi and soil under field application. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2012;79:75-79 pubmed publisher..27 and 5.94 day, respectively. The final residue levels of diafenthiuron could not be detected in soil, while only trace amount of diafenthiuron residues were detected in pakchoi. ..
- Huang W, Wang H, Wang Q. [Association between inhalable particulate matter and mortality in China: a meta-analysis]. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2011;45:1031-5 pubmed..0023 (95%CI: 1.0001 - 1.0045). The increase of the concentration of PM(10) led to the increase of the daily all-course mortality, the mortality of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases and the mortality of respiratory diseases. ..
- Chen C, Zhao B, Weschler C. Indoor exposure to "outdoor PM10": assessing its influence on the relationship between PM10 and short-term mortality in U.S. cities. Epidemiology. 2012;23:870-8 pubmed publisher..Seasonal and regional differences in PM(10) mortality coefficients appear to partially reflect seasonal and regional differences in total PM(10) exposure per unit change in outdoor exposure. ..
- Zhang H, Wang Z, Zhang Y, Hu Z. The effects of the Qinghai-Tibet railway on heavy metals enrichment in soils. Sci Total Environ. 2012;439:240-8 pubmed publisher..Alkaline soils and guardrails along the railway might reduce the effect of soil pollution on local people and animals. ..
- Liu Y, Liu C, Wang S, Guo K, Yang J, Zhang X, et al. Organic carbon storage in four ecosystem types in the karst region of southwestern China. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56443 pubmed publisher..With the restoration of degraded vegetation, karst ecosystems in southwestern China may play active roles in mitigating the increasing CO2 concentration in the atmosphere...
- Wang C, Wang X, Gong P, Yao T. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in surface soil across the Tibetan Plateau: spatial distribution, source and air-soil exchange. Environ Pollut. 2014;184:138-44 pubmed publisher..The air-soil exchange state showed that the soils of the TP will likely remain as a sink for high molecular weight PAHs, but may become a potential "secondary source" for low molecular weight PAHs. ..
- Cheng P, Cheng Y, Lu K, Su H, Yang Q, Zou Y, et al. An online monitoring system for atmospheric nitrous acid (HONO) based on stripping coil and ion chromatography. J Environ Sci (China). 2013;25:895-907 pubmed..To accurately determine the HONO budget under illuminated conditions, more intercomparison of HONO measurement techniques is still needed in future studies, especially at low HONO concentrations...
- Wang P, Zhang Q, Zhang H, Wang T, Sun H, Zheng S, et al. Sources and environmental behaviors of Dechlorane Plus and related compounds - A review. Environ Int. 2016;88:206-220 pubmed publisher..A special concern is the serious contamination in e-waste recycling areas in developing countries, where long-term monitoring data on the association of DP exposure and adverse effects to human health and ecosystems is urgently needed. ..
- Bu H, Zhang Y, Meng W, Song X. Effects of land-use patterns on in-stream nitrogen in a highly-polluted river basin in Northeast China. Sci Total Environ. 2016;553:232-242 pubmed publisher..This research suggested that regulating built-up land uses and reducing discharges of domestic sewage and industrial wastewater would be effective methods for river nitrogen control. ..
- Wang R, Liu Z, Jiang L, Yao Z, Wang J, Ju J. Comparison of surface water chemistry and weathering effects of two lake basins in the Changtang Nature Reserve, China. J Environ Sci (China). 2016;41:183-194 pubmed publisher..Evaporite, silicate, and carbonate weathering has relatively equal effects on these rivers. Due to their limited scope, small streams near the lakes are less affected by carbonate than by silicate weathering. ..
- Wang H, Zhang Q, Zhang Z, Hou C, Li W, Yang H, et al. Necessity of Internal Monitoring for Nuclear Medicine Staff in a Large Specialized Chinese Hospital. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016;13:418 pubmed publisher..Internal exposure received by nuclear medicine staff should not be ignored, and it is necessary to implement internal monitoring for nuclear medicine staff routinely. ..
- An N, Liu S, Yin Y, Cheng F, Dong S, Wu X. Spatial distribution and sources of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in the reservoir sediments after impoundment of Manwan Dam in the middle of Lancang River, China. Ecotoxicology. 2016;25:1072-81 pubmed publisher..The study provided a comprehensive overview on the PAHs contaminations on the reservoir sediments in the middle Lancang River, which may have an important significances on the international river management. ..
- Yang W, Xing H, Wang H, Lan Y, Sun Q, Hu S, et al. [A study on early detection for seven infectious diseases]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2004;25:1039-41 pubmed..The alert threshold for epidemic haemorragia fever, hepatitis A, dysentery, epidemic cerebrospinal meningitis and malaria was 80 percentile. The alert threshold for tuberculosis and measles was 90 percentile. ..
- Wang F, Xia X, Sha Y. Distribution of phthalic acid esters in Wuhan section of the Yangtze River, China. J Hazard Mater. 2008;154:317-24 pubmed..PAEs in water and sediment phases of Wuhan section were similar to Velino River of Italy and the middle and lower Yellow River of China in comparison with kinds of water bodies all around the world. ..
- Liu H, Chen S, Yao H, Li X, Zhang Y. [Research progress on resources in Bulbus Fritillariae Cirrhosae]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2008;33:1645-8 pubmed..The present problems and the future research direction on bulbus fritillariae cirrhosae were also discussed. ..
- Wang Q, Wang D, Tang J, Yan D, Zhang H, Wang F, et al. Gas-phase distribution and emission of chloropicrin applied in gelatin capsules to soil columns. J Environ Qual. 2010;39:917-22 pubmed publisher..Similar residual soil CP was found between the liquid injection and the two gelatin capsule treatments. Chloropicrin gelatin capsules could be a promising new technology for reducing environmental emissions and potential human exposure. ..
- Sun J, Wang X, Chen A, Ma Y, Cui M, Piao S. NDVI indicated characteristics of vegetation cover change in China's metropolises over the last three decades. Environ Monit Assess. 2011;179:1-14 pubmed publisher..Such different patterns of NDVI(u) changes are closely linked with policy-oriented difference in urbanization dynamics of these regions, which highlights the importance of implementing a sustainable urban development policy. ..
- Wang L, Wei J, Huang Y, Wang G, Maqsood I. Urban nonpoint source pollution buildup and washoff models for simulating storm runoff quality in the Los Angeles County. Environ Pollut. 2011;159:1932-40 pubmed publisher..For the study area, residual pollutant should be considered in pollutant buildup and washoff functions for simulating urban nonpoint source pollution when the total runoff volume is less than 30 mm. ..
- Wang M, Markert B, Chen W, Peng C, Ouyang Z. Identification of heavy metal pollutants using multivariate analysis and effects of land uses on their accumulation in urban soils in Beijing, China. Environ Monit Assess. 2012;184:5889-97 pubmed publisher..And Pb, Cd, and Zn contents in soils in traffic areas also tend to increase in the city center. However, residential areas have the lowest contents of all the four heavy metals. ..
- Wu X, Yue B, Huang Q, Wang Q, Lin Y, Zhang W, et al. Spatio-temporal variation of landfill gas in pilot-scale semi-aerobic and anaerobic landfills over 5years. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;54:288-297 pubmed publisher..This was related to the aerobic reaction of landfill waste around the perforated pipe in the semi-aerobic landfill, which inhibited effective landfill gas generation. ..
- Jiang C, Ryu Y, Fang H, Myneni R, Claverie M, Zhu Z. Inconsistencies of interannual variability and trends in long-term satellite leaf area index products. Glob Chang Biol. 2017;23:4133-4146 pubmed publisher..These inconsistencies may be due to NOAA satellite orbit changes and MODIS sensor degradation. Caution should be used in the interpretation of global changes derived from the four long-term LAI products. ..
- Jin X, Wang S, Pang Y, Chang Wu F. Phosphorus fractions and the effect of pH on the phosphorus release of the sediments from different trophic areas in Taihu Lake, China. Environ Pollut. 2006;139:288-95 pubmed..But it increased as pH increased from 8 to 12. It is suggested that high pH promoted the release of NaOH-P, and low pH promoted the release of HCl-P, and there was no P release occurring in the neutral condition. ..
- Zhao R, Zhao M, Wang H, Taneike Y, Zhang X. Arsenic speciation in moso bamboo shoot--a terrestrial plant that contains organoarsenic species. Sci Total Environ. 2006;371:293-303 pubmed..The study provides useful information for better understanding of the distribution of arsenic species in terrestrial plants. ..
- Wan Y, Jin X, Hu J, Jin F. Trophic dilution of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in a marine food web from Bohai Bay, north China. Environ Sci Technol. 2007;41:3109-14 pubmed..These results confirm that PAHs undergo trophic dilution in the marine food web, which is likely to be the combined results of low assimilation efficiencies and efficient metabolic transformation at higher trophic levels. ..
- Niu H, Cai Y, Shi Y, Wei F, Mou S, Jiang G. Cetyltrimethylammonium bromide-coated titanate nanotubes for solid-phase extraction of phthalate esters from natural waters prior to high-performance liquid chromatography analysis. J Chromatogr A. 2007;1172:113-20 pubmed..All the results indicated the application potential of titanate nanotubes as solid-phase extraction adsorbents to pre-treat water samples...
- Wang Y, Wang T, Li A, Fu J, Wang P, Zhang Q, et al. Selection of bioindicators of polybrominated diphenyl ethers, polychlorinated biphenyls, and organochlorine pesticides in mollusks in the Chinese Bohai Sea. Environ Sci Technol. 2008;42:7159-65 pubmed..Results of principal component and correlation analyses suggest that Ost and Myt can be used as potential bioindicators of pollution by OCPs, PCBs, and PBDEs of the Chinese Bohai Sea. ..
- Xu B, Yang X, Gu Z, Zhang Y, Chen Y, Lv Y. The trend and extent of heavy metal accumulation over last one hundred years in the Liaodong Bay, China. Chemosphere. 2009;75:442-6 pubmed publisher..5, respectively, in the surface sediments. Coincident to the increase of heavy metal contents, the decreasing trend of (206)Pb/(207)Pb ratio indicated lead in the surface sediments mainly come from anthropogenic activities. ..
- Yu H, Zhang K. Links between environmental geochemistry and rate of birth defects: Shanxi Province, China. Sci Total Environ. 2011;409:447-51 pubmed publisher..These findings, based on statistical analysis, may be useful in directing further epidemiological investigations identifying the leading causes of birth defects. ..
- Xiong J, Yao Y, Zhang Y. C-history method: rapid measurement of the initial emittable concentration, diffusion and partition coefficients for formaldehyde and VOCs in building materials. Environ Sci Technol. 2011;45:3584-90 pubmed publisher..Our new C-history method should prove useful for rapidly determining the parameters required to predict formaldehyde and VOC emissions from building materials as well as for furniture labeling...
- Wang T, Chen C, Naile J, Khim J, Giesy J, Lu Y. Perfluorinated compounds in water, sediment and soil from Guanting Reservoir, China. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2011;87:74-9 pubmed publisher..18 ng/g dw in sediment and 0.13-0.26 ng/g dw in soil. PFCs were detected in all environmental matrices sampled, but concentrations found throughout the watershed were less than those reported from other locations. ..
- Lin W, Huang W, Zhu T, Hu M, Brunekreef B, Zhang Y, et al. Acute respiratory inflammation in children and black carbon in ambient air before and during the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Environ Health Perspect. 2011;119:1507-12 pubmed publisher..Recent exposure to BC was associated with acute respiratory inflammation in schoolchildren in Beijing. Lower air pollution levels during the 2008 Olympics also were associated with reduced eNO. ..
- Chen Y, Ebenstein A, Greenstone M, Li H. Evidence on the impact of sustained exposure to air pollution on life expectancy from China's Huai River policy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:12936-41 pubmed publisher..More generally, the analysis suggests that long-term exposure to an additional 100 ?g/m(3) of TSPs is associated with a reduction in life expectancy at birth of about 3.0 y (95% CI: 0.4, 5.6). ..
- Zhou C, Liu X, Wang Z, Yang T, Shi L, Wang L, et al. Assessment of marine debris in beaches or seawaters around the China Seas and coastal provinces. Waste Manag. 2016;48:652-660 pubmed publisher..The results of this study were beneficial to the establishment of management measures for dealing with ecological and environmental problems that were generated by the high speed socio-economic development in China. ..
- Pan L, Ma J, Wang X, Hou H. Heavy metals in soils from a typical county in Shanxi Province, China: Levels, sources and spatial distribution. Chemosphere. 2016;148:248-54 pubmed publisher..This study will be helpful not only for improving local soil environmental quality but will also provide a basis for effectively targeting policies to protect soils from long-term heavy metal accumulation. ..
- Liu Z, Lu Y, Wang T, Wang P, Li Q, Johnson A, et al. Risk assessment and source identification of perfluoroalkyl acids in surface and ground water: Spatial distribution around a mega-fluorochemical industrial park, China. Environ Int. 2016;91:69-77 pubmed publisher..The relative abundance of PFOA (C8) declined while those of shorter-chained PFCAs (C4-C6) increased during surface water seepage and further dispersion in groundwater. ..
- Zhu Z, Zhuo Y, Fan Y, Wang Z. Fate of mercury in flue gas desulfurization gypsum determined by Temperature Programmed Decomposition and Sequential Chemical Extraction. J Environ Sci (China). 2016;43:169-176 pubmed publisher..The fact that the primary compounds in FGD gypsum are HgS phases leads the leaching of Hg in the natural environment to be quite low, but a considerable amount of Hg may be released during the industrial heating process. ..
- Zhao P, Chen Y, Su J. Size-resolved carbonaceous components and water-soluble ions measurements of ambient aerosol in Beijing. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;54:298-313 pubmed publisher..In the coarse mode, the positive electric charges were primarily composed of metal cations. The analyzed anions were not sufficient to neutralize the measured cations. ..
- Zhang H, Sun Y, Li Y, Zhou X, Tang X, Yi P, et al. Quality assessment of groundwater from the south-eastern Arabian Peninsula. Environ Monit Assess. 2017;189:411 pubmed publisher..Seawater intrusion along coastal regions has deteriorated the water quality and the phenomenon may become more intensive with future warming climate and rising sea level. ..
- Wei Q, Feng C, Wang D, Shi B, Zhang L, Wei Q, et al. Seasonal variations of chemical and physical characteristics of dissolved organic matter and trihalomethane precursors in a reservoir: a case study. J Hazard Mater. 2008;150:257-64 pubmed
- He J, Jin A, Chen S, Wei Y. [Distribution of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in soil profiles in southeast suburb of Beijing wastewater irrigation area]. Huan Jing Ke Xue. 2009;30:1260-6 pubmed..That means low-rings PAHs can reach the deep layers of the vertical profiles under long-term wastewater irrigation. Therefore, the shallow groundwater has the possibility to be contaminated. ..
- Liang T, Chong Z, Song W, Wang L, Kleinman P. [Preliminary study on the association of lanthanum and phosphorous loss from soil]. Huan Jing Ke Xue. 2009;30:2755-60 pubmed..Loss of total P and La in runoff from the manure-applied soil are correlated significantly, both in loss rate and loss amount...
- Zhao L, Hou H, Zhou Y, Xue N, Li H, Li F. Distribution and ecological risk of polychlorinated biphenyls and organochlorine pesticides in surficial sediments from Haihe River and Haihe Estuary Area, China. Chemosphere. 2010;78:1285-93 pubmed publisher..According to established sediment quality guidelines (SQGs), POPs in this area have potential ecological risk. ..
- Xie M, Ren Q, Zhang Q, Liu X. [Composition of phenolic allelochemicals in Eupatorium adenophorum root zone soils and its effects on soil-borne pathogens]. Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao. 2010;21:306-11 pubmed..adenophorum root zone soil and the control. ..
- Cui Z, Chen X, Zhang F. Current nitrogen management status and measures to improve the intensive wheat-maize system in China. Ambio. 2010;39:376-84 pubmed..Maximizing crop yields using a minimum of N inputs requires an integrated, interdisciplinary cooperation and major scientific and practical breakthroughs involving plant nutrition, soil science, agronomy, and breeding. ..
- Xu L, Xie X, Li S. Correlation analysis of the urban heat island effect and the spatial and temporal distribution of atmospheric particulates using TM images in Beijing. Environ Pollut. 2013;178:102-14 pubmed publisher..1, then DVI increases with the increase in UHI, and vice versa. Also, DVI changes more with UHI in the two middle zones of Beijing. ..
- Lei K, Han X, Zhao J, Qiao F, Li Z, Yu T. Characterization of metal kinetics and bioavailability using diffusive gradients in thin films technique in sediments of Taihu Lake, China. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2016;128:153-60 pubmed publisher..943 and 0.996 for zoobenthos and coilia ectenes, p<0.05), suggesting that DGT technique is more effective to predict the metal bioavailability in lake sediments. ..
- Li Q, Lu Y, Jin J, Li G, Li P, He C, et al. Comparison of using polyurethane foam passive samplers and tree bark samples from Western China to determine atmospheric organochlorine pesticide. J Environ Sci (China). 2016;41:90-98 pubmed publisher..The OCP compositions in the PUF and tree bark samples were different. Only the relatively stable OCPs (such as HCB, Î²-HCH and p,p'-dichlorodiphenyldichloro-ethylene (DDE)) were consistent in the PUF and tree bark samples. ..
- Wang Y, Yang W, Han B, Zhang W, Chen M, Bai Z. Gravimetric analysis for PM2.5 mass concentration based on year-round monitoring at an urban site in Beijing. J Environ Sci (China). 2016;40:154-60 pubmed publisher..5 of 181 Î¼g/m(3) and 32% of days with severe pollution. The abundance of PM2.5 in winter could be related to increased coal consumption for heating needs. ..
- Hu Y, Cheng H. A method for apportionment of natural and anthropogenic contributions to heavy metal loadings in the surface soils across large-scale regions. Environ Pollut. 2016;214:400-409 pubmed publisher..In the non-residual fractions of the surface soils, the anthropogenic contributions to As, Cd, Cr, Cu, Ni, Pb, and Zn, were 48, 42, 50, 51, 49, 24, and 70%, respectively. ..
- Lu Y, Wang Z, Huckins J. Review of the background and application of triolein-containing semipermeable membrane devices in aquatic environmental study. Aquat Toxicol. 2002;60:139-53 pubmed..Also, the suitability of the technique for incorporation with selected bioassays is examined. ..
- Gao B, Yu Y, Zhou H, Lu J. Accumulation and distribution characteristics of platinum group elements in roadside dusts in Beijing, China. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2012;31:1231-8 pubmed publisher..These results showed that autocatalyst PGE contamination estimates in the environment would be significantly underestimated if only a fine-grain size fraction (<0.063 mm) is analyzed. ..
- Gao J, Chai F, Wang T, Wang S, Wang W. Particle number size distribution and new particle formation: new characteristics during the special pollution control period in Beijing. J Environ Sci (China). 2012;24:14-21 pubmed..4 x 10(7) cm(-3), and its source rate was 1.2 x 106 cm(-3) sec(-1). Further calculation on the source rate of sulphuric acid vapor indicated that the average participation of sulphuric acid to particle growth rates was 28.7%. ..
- Li J, Guo F, Wang Y, Zhang J, Zhong Y, Zhao Y, et al. Can nail, hair and urine be used for biomonitoring of human exposure to perfluorooctane sulfonate and perfluorooctanoic acid?. Environ Int. 2013;53:47-52 pubmed publisher..299 (p<0.05). The results suggested that nail has more potential than hair and urine to be applied in human biomonitoring for PFOS and PFOA in general populations. ..