Experts and Doctors on environmental exposure in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: environmental exposure
- Su C, Breitner S, Schneider A, Liu L, Franck U, Peters A, et al. Short-term effects of fine particulate air pollution on cardiovascular hospital emergency room visits: a time-series study in Beijing, China. Int Arch Occup Environ Health. 2016;89:641-57 pubmed publisher..5 on cardiovascular ERV, which was modified by gender and season. Our findings provide new evidence about effect modifications and may have implications to improve policy making for particulate air pollution standards in Beijing, China. ..
- Li Y, Wang Z, Beier R, Shen J, De Smet D, De Saeger S, et al. T-2 toxin, a trichothecene mycotoxin: review of toxicity, metabolism, and analytical methods. J Agric Food Chem. 2011;59:3441-53 pubmed publisher..This review will contribute to a better understanding of T-2 toxin exposure in animals and humans and T-2 toxin metabolism, toxicity, and analytical methods, which may be useful in risk assessment and control of T-2 toxin exposure. ..
- Liu Y, Wang J, Liu Y, Zhang H, Xu M, Dai J. Expression of a novel cytochrome P450 4T gene in rare minnow (Gobiocypris rarus) following perfluorooctanoic acid exposure. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2009;150:57-64 pubmed publisher..Since the induced expression of CYP4T11 in liver was not consistent with the PPAR regulators, complex tissue-specific transcriptional regulation of CYP4T11 following PFOA exposure likely occurs. ..
- Song Y, Tang S. Nanoexposure, unusual diseases, and new health and safety concerns. ScientificWorldJournal. 2011;11:1821-8 pubmed publisher..More research and collaborative efforts on nanosafety are required in order to prevent and minimize the potential hazards of nanomaterials to humans and the environment. ..
- Chen J, Zhao Q, Liu B, Wang J, Xu H, Zhang Y, et al. [Airway oxidative stress and inflammation markers in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases(COPD) patients are linked with exposure to traffic-related air pollution: a panel study]. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2016;50:411-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that short-term exposure to traffic-related air pollution was responsible for exacerbation of airway oxidative stress and inflammation in COPD patients. ..
- Zhou P, Zhao Y, Li J, Wu G, Zhang L, Liu Q, et al. Dietary exposure to persistent organochlorine pesticides in 2007 Chinese total diet study. Environ Int. 2012;42:152-9 pubmed publisher..However, the risk of carcinogenicity of the OCPs should be concerned with if the carcinogenicity effects from the exposures to these OCPs were considered. ..
- Liu Y, Ma J, Yan H, Ren Y, Wang B, Lin C, et al. Bioaccessibility and health risk assessment of arsenic in soil and indoor dust in rural and urban areas of Hubei province, China. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2016;126:14-22 pubmed publisher..40-1.47 times those for children six to nine years of age. The health risk accounting for bioaccessibility was only 50.8-59.8% of that obtained without consideration of bioaccessibility. ..
- Hou R, Xu Y, Wang Z. Review of OPFRs in animals and humans: Absorption, bioaccumulation, metabolism, and internal exposure research. Chemosphere. 2016;153:78-90 pubmed publisher..Finally, we highlight gaps in our knowledge and critical directions for future internal exposure studies of OPFRs in animals and humans. ..
- Gao J, Zhao Y, Zhu F, Ma Y, Li X, Miao H, et al. Dietary exposure of acrylamide from the fifth Chinese Total Diet Study. Food Chem Toxicol. 2016;87:97-102 pubmed publisher..18Â mgÂ kg(-1)Â bwÂ day(-1) for Harderian gland tumors in mice, the margins of exposure (MOEs) were 973 and 565 for Chinese general population, respectively. These MOEs indicate a human health concern. ..
- Lin H, Tao S, Zuo Q, Coveney R. Uptake of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons by maize plants. Environ Pollut. 2007;148:614-9 pubmed..Bulk concentrations of contaminants in various plant tissues differed greatly, but these differences disappeared after normalization to lipid contents suggesting lipid-based partitioning of PAHs among maize tissues. ..
- Shi Y, Wang J, Pan Y, Cai Y. Tissue distribution of perfluorinated compounds in farmed freshwater fish and human exposure by consumption. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2012;31:717-23 pubmed publisher..24 ng/kg/d for PFOS and 0.44 ng/kg/d for total PFC. These results indicate a low health risk posed from PFCs to the residents of Beijing through the consumption of fish. ..
- Wu F, Wang J, Yang J, Li J, Zheng Y. Does arsenic play an important role in the soil microbial community around a typical arsenic mining area?. Environ Pollut. 2016;213:949-956 pubmed publisher..The bacterial communities played important roles in the food chain risk of As. The local policy of transforming paddy soil to dry land could greatly reduce the health risk of As through the food chain. ..
- Ding D, Zhu Y, Jang C, Lin C, Wang S, Fu J, et al. Evaluation of health benefit using BenMAP-CE with an integrated scheme of model and monitor data during Guangzhou Asian Games. J Environ Sci (China). 2016;42:9-18 pubmed publisher..The research demonstrates that BenMAP-CE is capable of assessing the health and cost benefits of air pollution control for sound policy making. ..
- Ben Y, Li X, Yang Y, Li L, Di J, Wang W, et al. Dechlorane Plus and its dechlorinated analogs from an e-waste recycling center in maternal serum and breast milk of women in Wenling, China. Environ Pollut. 2013;173:176-81 pubmed publisher..This result indicate that DP can bio-accumulate in blood and milk with the low milk/serum partition coefficient and similar blood and milk stereoselective bio-accumulation profiles. ..
- Huang W, Zhu T, Pan X, Hu M, Lu S, Lin Y, et al. Air pollution and autonomic and vascular dysfunction in patients with cardiovascular disease: interactions of systemic inflammation, overweight, and gender. Am J Epidemiol. 2012;176:117-26 pubmed publisher..The authors conclude that autonomic and vascular dysfunction may be one of the mechanisms through which air pollution exposure can increase cardiovascular disease risk, especially among persons with systemic inflammation and overweight. ..
- Li Q, Nishijo M, Nakagawa H, Morikawa Y, Sakurai M, Nakamura K, et al. Relationship between urinary cadmium and mortality in habitants of a cadmium-polluted area: a 22-year follow-up study in Japan. Chin Med J (Engl). 2011;124:3504-9 pubmed..The significant increase was not observed for malignant neoplasm. These results suggest a dose-response relationship between Cd body burden and mortality for cardiovascular diseases, cerebrovascular diseases and nephritis and nephrosis. ..
- Tang M, Xu C, Lin N, Liu K, Zhang Y, Yu X, et al. Lead, mercury, and cadmium in umbilical cord serum and birth outcomes in Chinese fish consumers. Chemosphere. 2016;148:270-5 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that Pb and Hg exposure has potential adverse effects on birth outcomes in Chinese fish consumers from Yangtze River outlet and Hangzhou bay estuary regions. ..
- Fan H, Wang Z, Feng F, Zhang K, Yuan J, Sui H, et al. Association of TNF-alpha-238G/A and 308 G/A gene polymorphisms with pulmonary tuberculosis among patients with coal worker's pneumoconiosis. Biomed Environ Sci. 2010;23:137-45 pubmed publisher..TNF-alpha-308 A allele is associated with an elevated risk for pulmonary TB, whereas TNF-alpha-238 A allele was otherwise. ..
- Dang W, Wang S, Tian S, Chen B, Sun F, Li W, et al. [Effects of infrasound on activities of 3beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and acid phosphatase of polygonal cells in adrenal cortex zona fasciculate in mice]. Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi. 2007;25:91-5 pubmed..To explore the biological effects of infrasound on the polygonal cells in adrenal cortex zona fasciculation in mice...
- Zhang N, Han B, He F, Xu J, Zhao R, Zhang Y, et al. Chemical characteristic of PM2.5 emission and inhalational carcinogenic risk of domestic Chinese cooking. Environ Pollut. 2017;227:24-30 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, intervention methods, such as the operation of range hood, should be applied during cooking for health protection. ..
- Zhang W, Du Y, Zhai M, Shang Q. Cadmium exposure and its health effects: a 19-year follow-up study of a polluted area in China. Sci Total Environ. 2014;470-471:224-8 pubmed publisher..A series of studies about Cd pollution were carried out in the 1980s. However, no further studies of the area were conducted during the following 19 years...
- Hu D, Wang Y, Chen W, Zhang Y, Li H, Xiong L, et al. Associations of phthalates exposure with attention deficits hyperactivity disorder: A case-control study among Chinese children. Environ Pollut. 2017;229:375-385 pubmed publisher..05). Our results indicate that child exposure to phthalates may contribute to ADHD, ODD and externalizing and internalizing behavior problems. ..
- Xu L, Shi Y, Wang T, Dong Z, Su W, Cai Y. Methyl siloxanes in environmental matrices around a siloxane production facility, and their distribution and elimination in plasma of exposed population. Environ Sci Technol. 2012;46:11718-26 pubmed publisher..These methyl siloxanes were eliminated from human plasma with half-lives ranging from 2.34 to 9.64 days, which increased with the increasing number of Si-O bonds for most analogues...
- Jin Y, Ma X, Chen X, Cheng Y, Baris E, Ezzati M. Exposure to indoor air pollution from household energy use in rural China: the interactions of technology, behavior, and knowledge in health risk management. Soc Sci Med. 2006;62:3161-76 pubmed..Based on the analysis, we present technological and behavioral interventions for these four Chinese provinces. ..
- Xiao N, Song Y, Ge F, Liu X, Ou Yang Z. Biomarkers responses of the earthworm Eisenia fetida to acetochlor exposure in OECD soil. Chemosphere. 2006;65:907-12 pubmed..Such a suite of biomarkers could serve as indicators of the health of the soil environment and to evaluate the toxicity of acetochlor on earthworms or as a means of monitoring soil acetochlor pollution...
- Man Y, Chow K, Xing G, Chan J, Wu S, Wong M. A pilot study on health risk assessment based on body loadings of PCBs of lactating mothers at Taizhou, China, the world's major site for recycling transformers. Environ Pollut. 2017;227:364-371 pubmed publisher..A more intensive epidemiological study on the potential health effects of e-waste recycling activities affecting both workers and residents seems to be of top priority, based on findings of this pilot study. ..
- Wu F, Fu Z, Liu B, Mo C, Chen B, Corns W, et al. Health risk associated with dietary co-exposure to high levels of antimony and arsenic in the world's largest antimony mine area. Sci Total Environ. 2011;409:3344-51 pubmed publisher..In addition, this pilot study did not consider the possible Sb and As combined effects...
- Huang S, Shao M, Lu S. [Identification of air toxics from indoor and outdoor measurements of volatile organic compounds in one elementary school in Beijing]. Huan Jing Ke Xue. 2008;29:3326-30 pubmed..Acrolein was the only non-carcinogenic hazardous species which exceeded its benchmark concentration by 13-72 times in all sites. ..
- Huang J, Wu J, Li T, Song X, Zhang B, Zhang P, et al. Effect of exposure to trace elements in the soil on the prevalence of neural tube defects in a high-risk area of China. Biomed Environ Sci. 2011;24:94-101 pubmed publisher..Our objective is to build a model that explains the association between the exposure to trace elements in the soil and the risk of neural tube defects...
- Wong J, Hu W, Downward G, Seow W, Bassig B, Ji B, et al. Personal exposure to fine particulate matter and benzo[a]pyrene from indoor air pollution and leukocyte mitochondrial DNA copy number in rural China. Carcinogenesis. 2017;38:893-899 pubmed publisher..Exposure to PM2.5 and BaP may alter mitochondrial dynamics in non-smoking Chinese women. MtDNAcn may be a potential mediator of indoor air pollution on chronic disease development. ..
- Fu S, Wu J, Li Y, Liu Y, Gao Y, Yao F, et al. Urinary arsenic metabolism in a Western Chinese population exposed to high-dose inorganic arsenic in drinking water: influence of ethnicity and genetic polymorphisms. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2014;274:117-23 pubmed publisher..Gender and ethnicity affect these differences and above polymorphisms may be effectors too. ..
- Shi Z, Wu Y, Li J, Zhao Y, Feng J. Dietary exposure assessment of Chinese adults and nursing infants to tetrabromobisphenol-A and hexabromocyclododecanes: occurrence measurements in foods and human milk. Environ Sci Technol. 2009;43:4314-9 pubmed..Overall, our data indicate the Chinese EDI was lowerthan the EDI from similar studies in Europe...
- Chen G, Zhang Y, Zhang W, Li S, Williams G, Marks G, et al. Attributable risks of emergency hospital visits due to air pollutants in China: A multi-city study. Environ Pollut. 2017;228:43-49 pubmed publisher..90% to NO2 and 5.38% to SO2. Exposure to outdoor air pollution has acute effects on EHVs. Effective measures to control air pollution levels in China could potentially reduce demands for emergency hospital services. ..
- Zheng Y, Wang Y, Song W. [Relationship between delta-aminolevulinic acid dehydratase gene polymorphism and blood levels of lead and zinc protoporphyrin in children exposed to lead]. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2001;35:96-7 pubmed..07 +/- 9.38) mumol/L vs (9.90 +/- 6.30) mumol/L), P = 0.02)]. The results suggest that the ALAD1-2/2-2 genotype may influence the body burden and blood toxicity of lead in high lead exposed children. ..
- Liu M, Huang Y, Jin Z, Ma Z, Liu X, Zhang B, et al. The nexus between urbanization and PM2.5 related mortality in China. Environ Pollut. 2017;227:15-23 pubmed publisher..5-related mortality brought by urbanization would decrease in China. Total health damage of urbanization will keep going up in the predictable future because the U-EDE is always positive. ..
- Zheng B, Luo J, Fu Q, Qin Y, Hu L. [Safety value of contaminant in water pollution accident based on human health risk]. Huan Jing Ke Xue. 2012;33:337-41 pubmed..The differences of safety value calculate methods between acute and chronic exposure were compared from the following aspects, the toxicology exposure end-point, allocation of intake, exposure sensitive subpopulation...
- Huo W, Zhu Y, Li Z, Pang Y, Wang B, Li Z. A pilot study on the association between rare earth elements in maternal hair and the risk of neural tube defects in north China. Environ Pollut. 2017;226:89-93 pubmed publisher..Our results did not suggest that the concentrations of REEs in maternal hair were associated with the risk of NTDs or any subtype of NTDs in the general population. ..
- Yang G, Ma L, Xu D, Li J, He T, Liu L, et al. Levels and speciation of arsenic in the atmosphere in Beijing, China. Chemosphere. 2012;87:845-50 pubmed publisher..High As and its species levels in air and respiratory exposure (0.30-0.84 ?g d(-1)) attributed to higher excess cancer risk ((4.2 ± 2.0) × 10(-4)) for people in Beijing...
- Zhang T, Huang Y, Chen S, Liu A, Xu P, Li N, et al. PCDD/Fs, PBDD/Fs, and PBDEs in the air of an e-waste recycling area (Taizhou) in China: current levels, composition profiles, and potential cancer risks. J Environ Monit. 2012;14:3156-63 pubmed publisher..The lifetime excess cancer risks from exposure to PCDD/Fs and PBDD/Fs via inhalation ranged from 0.7 × 10?? to 5.4 × 10??, or approximately 80 cancer cases in the Taizhou population...
- Chen Y, Ebenstein A, Greenstone M, Li H. Evidence on the impact of sustained exposure to air pollution on life expectancy from China's Huai River policy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:12936-41 pubmed publisher..More generally, the analysis suggests that long-term exposure to an additional 100 ?g/m(3) of TSPs is associated with a reduction in life expectancy at birth of about 3.0 y (95% CI: 0.4, 5.6). ..
- Lin N, Mu X, Wang G, Ren Y, Su S, Li Z, et al. Accumulative effects of indoor air pollution exposure on leukocyte telomere length among non-smokers. Environ Pollut. 2017;227:1-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, long-term exposure to indoor air pollution may cause LTL dysfunction. ..
- Wei B, Ye B, Yu J, Yang L, Li H, Xia Y, et al. Blood Pressure Associated with Arsenic Methylation and Arsenic Metabolism Caused by Chronic Exposure to Arsenic in Tube Well Water. Biomed Environ Sci. 2017;30:334-342 pubmed publisher..The effects of arsenic exposure from drinking water, arsenic metabolism, and arsenic methylation on blood pressure (BP) were observed in this study...
- Chen G, Zhang W, Li S, Williams G, Liu C, Morgan G, et al. Is short-term exposure to ambient fine particles associated with measles incidence in China? A multi-city study. Environ Res. 2017;156:306-311 pubmed publisher..We provide new evidence that measles incidence is associated with exposure to ambient PM2.5 in China. Effective policies to reduce air pollution may also reduce measles incidence. ..
- Yin H, Pizzol M, Xu L. External costs of PM2.5 pollution in Beijing, China: Uncertainty analysis of multiple health impacts and costs. Environ Pollut. 2017;226:356-369 pubmed publisher..The results of this study could help policymakers prioritizing the PM2.5 pollution control interventions and internalize the external costs through the application of economic policy instruments. ..
- Liu H, Pan Z. NORM situation in non-uranium mining in China. Ann ICRP. 2012;41:343-51 pubmed publisher..As a result, environmental radiation monitoring and assessment have been introduced recently. Regulatory control of NORM is very important in order to take effective measures to lower the dose. ..
- Li T, Wan Y, Ben Y, Fan S, Hu J. Relative importance of different exposure routes of heavy metals for humans living near a municipal solid waste incinerator. Environ Pollut. 2017;226:385-393 pubmed publisher..MSWI-local food-humans is an important exposure pathway for residents living near MSWI, and thus should not be neglected in developing future strategies and policies to prevent the high risks suffered by residents living near MSWIs. ..
- Dong Z, Hu J. Development of lead source-specific exposure standards based on aggregate exposure assessment: Bayesian inversion from biomonitoring information to multipathway exposure. Environ Sci Technol. 2012;46:1144-52 pubmed publisher..Since the standards setting procedure was based on the multipathway aggregate exposure assessment of lead, the newly proposed exposure standards should ensure the safety of children...
- Zhang L, Lv J, Liao C. Dietary exposure estimates of 14 trace elements in Xuanwei and Fuyuan, two high lung cancer incidence areas in China. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2012;146:287-92 pubmed publisher..The study also gives rational dietary suggestions to local residents which is important to the early diagnosis and pretreatment of lung cancer...
- Liu Y, Ye Z, Luo H, Sun M, Li M, Fan D, et al. Inhalative formaldehyde exposure enhances aggressive behavior and disturbs monoamines in frontal cortex synaptosome of male rats. Neurosci Lett. 2009;464:113-6 pubmed publisher..It is the first to evaluate aggressive behavior and identified monoamines disturbances in the frontal cortex synaptosome after the repetitive inhalative FA exposure to rodents. ..
- Xu Q, Wang Y, Tong W, Gu M, Wu G, Buren B, et al. Interaction and relationship between angiotensin converting enzyme gene and environmental factors predisposing to essential hypertension in Mongolian population of China. Biomed Environ Sci. 2004;17:177-86 pubmed
- Li J, Guo F, Wang Y, Zhang J, Zhong Y, Zhao Y, et al. Can nail, hair and urine be used for biomonitoring of human exposure to perfluorooctane sulfonate and perfluorooctanoic acid?. Environ Int. 2013;53:47-52 pubmed publisher..299 (p<0.05). The results suggested that nail has more potential than hair and urine to be applied in human biomonitoring for PFOS and PFOA in general populations. ..
- Yan D, Wang Q, Mao L, Xie H, Guo M, Cao A. Evaluation of chloropicrin gelatin capsule formulation as a soil fumigant for greenhouse strawberry in China. J Agric Food Chem. 2012;60:5023-7 pubmed publisher..The present study confirms that the Pic gel cap is a promising new formulation which provides field efficacy and marketable yields similar to Pic injection or methyl bromide in strawberry cultivation in China. ..
- Chen C, Qian Y, Liu X, Tao C, Liang Y, Li Y. Risk assessment of chlorpyrifos on rice and cabbage in China. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2012;62:125-30 pubmed publisher..1 mg kg?¹ bw). The application of chlorpyrifos at the recommended dose on rice and cabbage is unlikely to pose any public health issues if it is applied according to the good agricultural practices (GAPs) established by each country. ..
- Hu G, Dai J, Xu Z, Luo X, Cao H, Wang J, et al. Bioaccumulation behavior of polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) in the freshwater food chain of Baiyangdian lake, north China. Environ Int. 2010;36:309-315 pubmed publisher..The relationship between TMFs and Log K(ow) (octanol-water partition coefficient) indicated that the phenomenon of trophic magnification for lowly brominated congeners was obvious in the freshwater food chain. ..
- Day D, Xiang J, Mo J, Li F, Chung M, Gong J, et al. Association of Ozone Exposure With Cardiorespiratory Pathophysiologic Mechanisms in Healthy Adults. JAMA Intern Med. 2017;177:1344-1353 pubmed publisher..Exposure to ozone has been associated with cardiovascular mortality, but the underlying biological mechanisms are not yet understood...
- Yu X, Yang M, Zhou B, Wang G, Huang Y, Wu L, et al. Characterization of Somatic Mutations in Air Pollution-Related Lung Cancer. EBioMedicine. 2015;2:583-90 pubmed publisher..This study uncovers the mutation spectrum of air pollution-related lung cancers, and provides evidence for pollution exposure-genomic mutation relationship at a large scale. ..
- Wang J, Jiang Y, Liang H, Li P, Xiao H, Ji J, et al. Attributable causes of cancer in China. Ann Oncol. 2012;23:2983-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings could provide a basis for cancer prevention and control programs aimed at reducing cancer risk in other developing countries. ..
- Zhang G, Wan F, Murphy S, Guo J, Liu W. Reproductive biology of two nontarget insect species, Aphis gossypii (Homoptera: Aphididae) and Orius sauteri (Hemiptera: Anthocoridae), on Bt and non-Bt cotton cultivars. Environ Entomol. 2008;37:1035-42 pubmed..sauteri when reared on NuCOTN 33B or NuCOTN 33B-fed aphids. The biological meanings of the small difference observed between GK-12 and Simian 3 on survival of O. sauteri will require close monitoring over longer time periods. ..