Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on embryonic development in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: embryonic development
- Chen T, Zhang Y, Jiang Y, Liu J, Schatten H, Chen D, et al. Interspecies nuclear transfer reveals that demethylation of specific repetitive sequences is determined by recipient ooplasm but not by donor intrinsic property in cloned embryos. Mol Reprod Dev. 2006;73:313-7 pubmed..These results indicate that demethylation of donor repetitive sequences is determined by ooplasm but not by donor intrinsic property and that ooplasm from different species have different capabilities to demethylate genes. ..
- Cao Y, Zhang L. A Smurf1 tale: function and regulation of an ubiquitin ligase in multiple cellular networks. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2013;70:2305-17 pubmed publisher..Moreover, intracellular regulations of Smurf1 and related physiological phenotypes will be described in this review. ..
- Li M, Li Y, Hou Y, Sun X, Sun Q, Wang W. Isolation and culture of pluripotent cells from in vitro produced porcine embryos. Zygote. 2004;12:43-8 pubmed..The culture system used in the present study is useful to isolate and culture ES cells from in vitro produced porcine embryos. ..
- Ai G, Huang Z, Wang D, Liu Z. [Study on toxicity of hyperoside in rat embryo-fetal development]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2012;37:2452-5 pubmed..05). Pregnant women are suggested to cautiously use hyperoside because it shows certain impact on development of fetal rats under the experimental conditions. ..
- Cheng W, Sun X, An L, Zhu S, Li X, Li Y, et al. Effect of different parthenogenetic activation methods on the developmental competence of in vitro matured porcine oocytes. Anim Biotechnol. 2007;18:131-41 pubmed
- Wang S, Sun X, Ding F, Zhang K, Zhao R, Li S, et al. Removal of selectable marker gene from fibroblast cells in transgenic cloned cattle by transient expression of Cre recombinase and subsequent effects on recloned embryo development. Theriogenology. 2009;72:535-41 pubmed publisher..This approach should benefit bioreactor and transgenic research in livestock. ..
- Hu J, Lin H, Shen J, Lan J, Ma C, Zhao Y, et al. Developmental toxicity of orally administered pineapple leaf extract in rats. Food Chem Toxicol. 2011;49:1455-63 pubmed publisher..Distilled water and the three high doses of EPL did not cause any of the aforementioned effects. This study concluded that orally administered EPL is safe to rats during embryonic development. ..
- Dai Y, Wang L, Wang H, Liu Y, Li N, Lyu Q, et al. Fate of centrosomes following somatic cell nuclear transfer (SCNT) in bovine oocytes. Reproduction. 2006;131:1051-61 pubmed..Addressing these fundamental problems may enhance production of normal clones. ..
- Li B, Chen S, Tang N, Xiao X, Huang J, Jiang F, et al. Assisted Reproduction Causes Reduced Fetal Growth Associated with Downregulation of Paternally Expressed Imprinted Genes That Enhance Fetal Growth in Mice. Biol Reprod. 2016;94:45 pubmed publisher..Disruption of genomic imprinting and abnormal expression of developmentally and functionally relevant genes in placenta may influence the placental development and function, which affect fetal growth and reprogramming. ..
- Xu Y, Xiao R, Li Y. Effect of ethanol on the development of visceral yolk sac. Hum Reprod. 2005;20:2509-16 pubmed..Impaired structural and functional development of VYS may contribute to the teratogenic action of ethanol in mice, which may also provide a clue to the study of fetal alcohol syndrome in humans. ..
- Yu C, Ji S, Dang Y, Sha Q, Yuan Y, Zhou J, et al. Oocyte-expressed yes-associated protein is a key activator of the early zygotic genome in mouse. Cell Res. 2016;26:275-87 pubmed publisher..These observations provide insights into the mechanisms of ZGA, and suggest potentials of YAP activators in improving the developmental competence of cultured embryos in assisted human reproduction and animal biotechnology. ..
- Xing L, Xu Y, Xiao Y, Shang L, Liu R, Wei X, et al. Embryotoxic and teratogenic effects of the combination of bisphenol A and genistein on in vitro cultured postimplantation rat embryos. Toxicol Sci. 2010;115:577-88 pubmed publisher..The current findings suggest that pregnant women should not take soy supplements, but more studies are necessary to provide a conclusive recommendation. ..
- Ma W, An L, Wu Z, Wang X, Guo M, Miao K, et al. Efficient and safe recipient preparation for transplantation of mouse spermatogonial stem cells: pretreating testes with heat shock. Biol Reprod. 2011;85:670-7 pubmed publisher..Heat shock may prove to be useful for recipient preparation in mammalian species in which busulfan produces significant toxicity. ..
- Chen S, Liu Y. Testis Cord Maintenance in Mouse Embryos: Genes and Signaling. Biol Reprod. 2016;94:42 pubmed publisher..Further efforts and new genetic models are needed to unveil the gene networks and underlying mechanisms regulating testis cord integrity and morphology after sex determination. ..
- Zhang C, Liu C, Li D, Yao N, Yuan X, Yu A, et al. Intracellular redox imbalance and extracellular amino acid metabolic abnormality contribute to arsenic-induced developmental retardation in mouse preimplantation embryos. J Cell Physiol. 2010;222:444-55 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we suggest that p66Shc-linked redox imbalance and abnormal extracellular amino acid metabolism mediate arsenite-induced embryonic retardation. ..
- Hu Z, Zhang J, Zhang Q. Expression pattern and functions of autophagy-related gene atg5 in zebrafish organogenesis. Autophagy. 2011;7:1514-27 pubmed..Importantly, in the present study, we provide a mechanistic insight into the regulation and functional roles of atg5 in development of zebrafish nervous system. ..
- Yang Y, Qi S, Wang D, Wang K, Zhu L, Chai T, et al. Toxic effects of thifluzamide on zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Hazard Mater. 2016;307:127-36 pubmed publisher..These might be responsible for the adverse expansion of the apoptosis- and immune-related genes, which would facilitate the action of these factors in programmed cell death and might play a key role during the toxic events. ..
- Guan Y, Ren H, Xie H, Ma Z, Chen F. Identification and characterization of bZIP-type transcription factors involved in carrot (Daucus carota L.) somatic embryogenesis. Plant J. 2009;60:207-17 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that CAREB1 functions as an important trans-acting factor in the ABA signal transduction pathway during carrot somatic embryogenesis. ..
- Zhao Z, Ouyang Y, Nan C, Lei Z, Song X, Sun Q, et al. Rabbit oocyte cytoplasm supports development of nuclear transfer embryos derived from the somatic cells of the camel and Tibetan antelope. J Reprod Dev. 2006;52:449-59 pubmed..Rabbit oocyte cytoplasm can reprogram donor nuclei regardless of the origin of the nucleus and support in vitro development to an advanced stage. ..
- Liu M, Yuan L, Liu N, Shi D, Liu J, Yang W. GAMETOPHYTIC FACTOR 1, involved in pre-mRNA splicing, is essential for megagametogenesis and embryogenesis in Arabidopsis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2009;51:261-71 pubmed publisher..This investigation suggests that GFA1 is involved in mRNA biogenesis through interaction with AtBrr2 and AtPrp8 and functions in megagametogenesis and embryogenesis in plant. ..
- Sun Z, Zhao J, Zhang Y, Meng A. Sp5l is a mediator of Fgf signals in anteroposterior patterning of the neuroectoderm in zebrafish embryo. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:2999-3006 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that sp5l mediates the functions of Fgf signals in anteroposterior patterning of the neuroectoderm during zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- Lei L, Zhang H, Jin S, Wang F, Fu M, Wang H, et al. Stage-specific germ-somatic cell interaction directs the primordial folliculogenesis in mouse fetal ovaries. J Cell Physiol. 2006;208:640-7 pubmed..Besides uncovering a potentially important regulatory mechanism for normal oocyte differentiation and follicle formation, this observation offers an alternative approach to produce transgenic oocytes/follicles, and thus animal models...
- Guo L, Qi S, Miao D, Liang X, Li H, Ou X, et al. The roles of parathyroid hormone-like hormone during mouse preimplantation embryonic development. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40528 pubmed publisher..Additionally, histone acetylation patterns were altered by Pthlh depletion. These results suggest that PTHLH plays important roles during mouse preimplantation embryonic development. ..
- Zhang C, Meng F, Wang C, Guo H, Fan M, Liu S, et al. Identification of a novel alternative splicing form of human netrin-4 and analyzing the expression patterns in adult rat brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2004;130:68-80 pubmed..The widespread expression of netrin-4 in adult rat brain indicates that netrin-4 is not only important for axon guidance during embryonic development, but also critical to neuronal plasticity in adult stage. ..
- Cai L, Zhang J, Duan E. Dynamic distribution of epidermal growth factor during mouse embryo peri-implantation. Cytokine. 2003;23:170-8 pubmed..This temporal and spatial localization of EGF protein in the mouse uterus implicates the cytokine in the regulation of trophoblastic invasiveness and uterine receptiveness. ..
- Xu Y, Chen X, Li Y. Ercc6l, a gene of SNF2 family, may play a role in the teratogenic action of alcohol. Toxicol Lett. 2005;157:233-9 pubmed..The expressions in the other three organs were unaffected. From the results, we considered that Ercc6l might play a role in the teratogenic action of alcohol. ..
- Han Y, Qian J, Zhang J, Hu C, Wang C. Structure-toxicity relationship of cefoperazone and its impurities to developing zebrafish by transcriptome and Raman analysis. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;327:39-51 pubmed publisher..This study may provide bioinformatics and spectral information that may be used in further investigations on the relationship between structure and toxicity of drugs and impurities. ..
- Hu J, Wang F, Zhu X, Yuan Y, Ding M, Gao S. Mouse ZAR1-like (XM_359149) colocalizes with mRNA processing components and its dominant-negative mutant caused two-cell-stage embryonic arrest. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:407-24 pubmed publisher..ZAR1L colocalized with ZAR1 and interacted with human LIN28. Our data suggest that ZAR1L and ZAR1 may comprise a novel family of processing-body/chromatoid-body components that potentially function as RNA regulators in early embryos. ..
- Wang J, Zhang M, Zhang Y, Kou Z, Han Z, Chen D, et al. The histone demethylase JMJD2C is stage-specifically expressed in preimplantation mouse embryos and is required for embryonic development. Biol Reprod. 2010;82:105-11 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the deregulation of these critical genes synergistically causes the developmental defects observed in JMJD2C-depleted embryos. ..
- Li H, Liu N, Shi D, Liu J, Yang W. YAO is a nucleolar WD40-repeat protein critical for embryogenesis and gametogenesis in Arabidopsis. BMC Plant Biol. 2010;10:169 pubmed publisher..Since YAO is a nucleolar protein and its counterparts in yeast and human are components of the U3 snoRNP complex, we therefore postulate that YAO is most likely involved in rRNA processing in plants as well. ..
- Jiang M, Yang C, Zhang L, Zheng Y, Liu S, Sun Q, et al. The effects of chemical enucleation combined with whole cell intracytoplasmic injection on panda-rabbit interspecies nuclear transfer. Zygote. 2004;12:315-20 pubmed..Therefore the present study suggests that WCICI combined with chemical enucleation can provide an efficient and less labor-intensive protocol of interspecies somatic cell nuclear transfer for producing giant panda cloned embryos. ..
- Shi J, Tian X, Zhou G, Wang L, Gao C, Zhu S, et al. Melatonin exists in porcine follicular fluid and improves in vitro maturation and parthenogenetic development of porcine oocytes. J Pineal Res. 2009;47:318-23 pubmed publisher..Further research is needed to identify the effect of melatonin on in vitro and in vivo oocyte maturation and embryo development in porcine. ..
- Li S, Yang P, Tian E, Zhang H. Arginine methylation modulates autophagic degradation of PGL granules in C. elegans. Mol Cell. 2013;52:421-33 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that posttranslational arginine methylation regulates the association of the cargo-receptor complex with the scaffold protein, providing a mechanism for modulating degradation efficiency in selective autophagy...
- Lin L, Yang P, Huang X, Zhang H, Lu Q, Zhang H. The scaffold protein EPG-7 links cargo-receptor complexes with the autophagic assembly machinery. J Cell Biol. 2013;201:113-29 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that under physiological conditions a scaffold protein endows cargo specificity and also elevates degradation efficiency by linking the cargo-receptor complex with the autophagic machinery. ..
- Shi W, Zhu S, Zhang D, Wang W, Tang G, Hou Y, et al. Improved development by Taxol pretreatment after vitrification of in vitro matured porcine oocytes. Reproduction. 2006;131:795-804 pubmed..6%) Taxol. These results indicate that pretreatment of oocytes with Taxol before vitrification helps to reduce the damage induced by vitrification and is a potential way to improve the development of vitrified porcine oocytes. ..
- Wang L, Zhang J, Duan J, Gao X, Zhu W, Lu X, et al. Programming and inheritance of parental DNA methylomes in mammals. Cell. 2014;157:979-991 pubmed publisher..Additionally, all the known imprinting control regions (ICRs) were classified into germ-line or somatic ICRs. ..
- Yu Y, Yan J, Li M, Yan L, Zhao Y, Lian Y, et al. Effects of combined epidermal growth factor, brain-derived neurotrophic factor and insulin-like growth factor-1 on human oocyte maturation and early fertilized and cloned embryo development. Hum Reprod. 2012;27:2146-59 pubmed publisher..The present study has identified a valuable culture system for IVM and cloned human embryos, potentially using these embryos to derive human therapeutic ESC. ..
- Wang X, Suh C, Zhu Z, Fan Q. Minichromosome maintenance protein 5 homologue in Caenorhabditis elegans plays essential role for postembryonic development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;359:965-71 pubmed..elegans might function associated with cell division as its homologues in S. cerevisiae. ..
- Wang F, Tian X, Zhang L, He C, Ji P, Li Y, et al. Beneficial effect of resveratrol on bovine oocyte maturation and subsequent embryonic development after in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril. 2014;101:577-86 pubmed publisher..Resveratrol promoted bovine oocyte maturation and subsequent post-in vitro fertilization embryonic development by inducing progesterone secretion and an antioxidant effect, probably in a manner dependent on sirtuin-1. ..
- Li H, Yue R, Wei B, Gao G, Du J, Pei G. Lysophosphatidic acid acts as a nutrient-derived developmental cue to regulate early hematopoiesis. EMBO J. 2014;33:1383-96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we identified LPA as an important nutrient-derived developmental cue for primitive hematopoiesis as well as a novel mechanism of hemangioblast regulation. ..
- Duan J, Zhang J, Zhu S. mED2--a novel gene involved in mouse embryonic development. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2006;33:692-701 pubmed
- Wei W, Wen L, Huang P, Zhang Z, Chen Y, Xiao A, et al. Gfi1.1 regulates hematopoietic lineage differentiation during zebrafish embryogenesis. Cell Res. 2008;18:677-85 pubmed publisher..1 plays a critical role in regulating the balance of embryonic erythroid and myeloid lineage determination, and is also required for the differentiation of lymphocytes and granulocytes during zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- Zhang H, Burggren W. Hypoxic level and duration differentially affect embryonic organ system development of the chicken (Gallus gallus). Poult Sci. 2012;91:3191-201 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the first half of embryonic development contained the critical windows for the detrimental effects of hypoxia, and the second half contained the critical windows for the compensatory response of hypoxia in key organs. ..
- Li L, Deng B, Xing G, Teng Y, Tian C, Cheng X, et al. PACT is a negative regulator of p53 and essential for cell growth and embryonic development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:7951-6 pubmed..Taken together, our data demonstrate that the PACT-p53 interaction plays a critical role in embryonic development and tumorigenesis and identify PACT as a member of negative regulators of p53. ..
- Xiao Y, Jiang J, Hu W, Zhao Y, Hu J. Toxicity of triphenyltin on the development of retinal axons in zebrafish at low dose. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;189:9-15 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to report that TPT can interfere with development of retinal axons in fish at low dose. ..
- Ge Z, Liang X, Guo L, Liang Q, Luo S, Wang Y, et al. Maternal diabetes causes alterations of DNA methylation statuses of some imprinted genes in murine oocytes. Biol Reprod. 2013;88:117 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that maternal diabetes has adverse effects on DNA methylation of maternally imprinted gene Peg3 in oocytes of a diabetic female in a time-dependent manner, but methylation in offspring's oocytes is normal...
- Mu X, Chai T, Wang K, Zhu L, Huang Y, Shen G, et al. The developmental effect of difenoconazole on zebrafish embryos: A mechanism research. Environ Pollut. 2016;212:18-26 pubmed publisher..Genes related to hatching, retinoic acid metabolism and lipid homeostasis were up-regulated by difenoconazole. ..
- Ma Z, Yang D, He F, Jiang Y. [Review for the regulatory functions of KRAB zinc finger proteins in embryonic development and tumorgenesis of higher vertebrates]. Yi Chuan. 2010;32:431-6 pubmed..All of the systematic information will facilitate the further theoretical and applied studies of KRAB-ZFPs. ..
- Meng F, Cheng X, Yang L, Hou N, Yang X, Meng A. Accelerated re-epithelialization in Dpr2-deficient mice is associated with enhanced response to TGFbeta signaling. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:2904-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, Dpr2 plays an inhibitory role in the re-epithelialization of adult skin wounds by attenuating TGFbeta signaling. ..
- Bai W, Tian W, Zhang Z, He X, Ma Y, Liu N, et al. Effects of copper nanoparticles on the development of zebrafish embryos. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2010;10:8670-6 pubmed..The embryo toxicity of nano-Cu at 0.01 and 0.05 mg/L showed no significant difference from Cu2+ at the corresponding concentrations (0.006 and 0.03 mg/L), but 0.1 mg/L nano-Cu had a greater toxicity than 0.06 mg/L Cu2+. ..
- Gao J, Lan T. Functional characterization of the late embryogenesis abundant (LEA) protein gene family from Pinus tabuliformis (Pinaceae) in Escherichia coli. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19467 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, among these enhanced tolerance genes, a certain extent of function divergence appeared within a gene group as well as between gene groups, suggesting potential functional diversity of this gene family in conifers. ..
- Lu D, Wu Y, Wang Y, Ren F, Wang D, Su F, et al. CREPT accelerates tumorigenesis by regulating the transcription of cell-cycle-related genes. Cancer Cell. 2012;21:92-104 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a mechanism where CREPT increases cyclin D1 transcription during tumorigenesis, through enhancing the recruitment of RNAPII to the promoter region, possibly, as well as chromatin looping. ..
- He H, Huang M, Sun S, Wu Y, Lin X. Epithelial heparan sulfate regulates Sonic Hedgehog signaling in lung development. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006992 pubmed publisher..Together, our study highlights the epithelial HS as a key player for dictating SHH signaling critical for lung morphogenesis. ..
- Zhang M, Liu X, Song J, Hu Y, Wang X, Li B. [Effects of Radix Ophiopogonis decoction on embryo-fetal development in rats]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:2334-7 pubmed..To investigate the potential developmental toxicity of Radix Ophiopogonis decoction in SD rats...
- Zhao X, Zhao L, Tian T, Zhang Y, Tong J, Zheng X, et al. Interruption of cenph causes mitotic failure and embryonic death, and its haploinsufficiency suppresses cancer in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:27924-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings uncover an essential role of cenph in mitosis and embryonic development and its association with tumor development. ..
- Tan X, Liu X, Wang W, Jia D, Chen L, Zhang X, et al. Mutations in the Arabidopsis nuclear-encoded mitochondrial phage-type RNA polymerase gene RPOTm led to defects in pollen tube growth, female gametogenesis and embryogenesis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2010;51:635-49 pubmed publisher..All these data indicate that RPOTm is important for normal pollen tube growth, female gametogenesis and embryo development, and has distinct genetic and molecular roles in plant development, which cannot be replaced by RPOTmp. ..
- Wang X, Lan Y, He W, Zhang L, Yao H, Hou C, et al. Identification of mesenchymal stem cells in aorta-gonad-mesonephros and yolk sac of human embryos. Blood. 2008;111:2436-43 pubmed..Together with previous knowledge, we propose that a proportion of MSCs initially develop in human AGM prior to their emergence in embryonic circulation and fetal liver...
- Huo L, Yu L, Liang C, Fan H, Chen D, Sun Q. Cell-cycle-dependent subcellular localization of cyclin B1, phosphorylated cyclin B1 and p34cdc2 during oocyte meiotic maturation and fertilization in mouse. Zygote. 2005;13:45-53 pubmed
- Lin H, Wang H, Li Q, Liu D, Zhang X, Liu G, et al. Expression of Smad2 and Smad4, transforming growth factor-beta signal transducers in rat endometrium during the estrous cycle, pre-, and peri-implantation. Anim Reprod Sci. 2004;80:303-16 pubmed
- Xu S, Cheng F, Liang J, Wu W, Zhang J. Maternal xNorrin, a canonical Wnt signaling agonist and TGF-? antagonist, controls early neuroectoderm specification in Xenopus. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001286 pubmed publisher..Thus, xNorrin is an unusual molecule that acts on two major signaling pathways, Wnt and TGF-?, in opposite ways and is essential for early neuroectoderm specification...
- Wei Y, Multi S, Yang C, Ma J, Zhang Q, Wang Z, et al. Spindle assembly checkpoint regulates mitotic cell cycle progression during preimplantation embryo development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21557 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that SAC is essential for the regulation of mitotic cell cycle progression in cleavage stage mouse embryos. ..
- Jing X, Wu H, Wu Y, Ma X, Liu S, Wu Y, et al. DIXDC1 promotes retinoic acid-induced neuronal differentiation and inhibits gliogenesis in P19 cells. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2009;29:55-67 pubmed publisher..Thus, our finding suggested that DIXDC1 might play an important role during neurogenesis, overexpression of DIXDC1 in embryonic carcinoma P19 cells promoted neuronal differentiation, and inhibited gliogenesis induced by retinoic acid. ..
- Zhang C, Ye X, Zhang H, Ding M, Deng H. GATA factors induce mouse embryonic stem cell differentiation toward extraembryonic endoderm. Stem Cells Dev. 2007;16:605-13 pubmed..Furthermore, overexpression of GATA1 and GATA2 in ES cells and EBs resulted in similar effects. We believe this finding can augment our understanding of mouse ES cell differentiation. ..
- Ke Y, Xu Y, Chen X, Feng S, Liu Z, Sun Y, et al. 3D Chromatin Structures of Mature Gametes and Structural Reprogramming during Mammalian Embryogenesis. Cell. 2017;170:367-381.e20 pubmed publisher..In summary, the global reprogramming of chromatin architecture occurs during early mammalian development. ..
- Yao L, Zhong Z, Zhang L, Chen D, Schatten H, Sun Q. Aurora-A is a critical regulator of microtubule assembly and nuclear activity in mouse oocytes, fertilized eggs, and early embryos. Biol Reprod. 2004;70:1392-9 pubmed..Our results indicate that aurora-A is a critical regulator of cell-cycle progression and microtubule organization during mouse oocyte meiotic maturation, fertilization, and early embryo cleavage. ..