Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on dna binding proteins in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: dna binding proteins
Publications148 found, 100 shown here
- Gou M, Su N, Zheng J, Huai J, Wu G, Zhao J, et al. An F-box gene, CPR30, functions as a negative regulator of the defense response in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2009;60:757-70 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we conclude that CPR30, a novel negative regulator, regulates both SA-dependent and SA-independent defense signaling, most likely through the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway in Arabidopsis. ..
- Yan J, Fang Y, Ding L, Zhu J, Lu Q, Huang C, et al. Regulation of large-scale chromatin unfolding by Smad4. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;315:330-5 pubmed..These data identify a novel function of Smad4 and suggest that regulation of large-scale chromatin unfolding by Smad4 may be responsible for cancer development. ..
- Ma X, Wang S, Ye Y, Du R, Cui Z, Somsouk M. Constitutive activation of Stat3 signaling pathway in human colorectal carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:1569-73 pubmed..382, P<0.05). Constitutive activation of Stat3 may play an important role in the tumorigenesis of colorectal carcinoma, and the detailed mechanism of Stat3 signaling pathway in CRC deserves further investigation. ..
- Liu L, Du Z, Zhao H, Liu X, Huang X, Shen J, et al. T to C substitution at -175 or -173 of the gamma-globin promoter affects GATA-1 and Oct-1 binding in vitro differently but can independently reproduce the hereditary persistence of fetal hemoglobin phenotype in transgenic mice. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:7452-9 pubmed..Both the -173 and -175 T to C substitutions may disrupt the complex assembly and result in the reactivation of the gamma-globin gene in adult erythrocytes. ..
- Kang B, Guo R, Tan X, Zhao M, Tang Z, Lu Y. Expression status of ataxia-telangiectasia-mutated gene correlated with prognosis in advanced gastric cancer. Mutat Res. 2008;638:17-25 pubmed..05). These results indicated that ATM phosphorylation status might be a prognostic marker for individual therapy in advanced GC patients. ..
- Liang Z, Zeng X, Gao J, Wu S, Wang P, Shi X, et al. Analysis of EGFR, HER2, and TOP2A gene status and chromosomal polysomy in gastric adenocarcinoma from Chinese patients. BMC Cancer. 2008;8:363 pubmed publisher..A combined investigation of the gene status of EGFR, HER2, and TOP2A should facilitate the identification of a target therapeutic regimen for gastric carcinoma patients. ..
- Li Y, He B, Wang Y. Exposure to cigarette smoke upregulates AP-1 activity and induces TNF-alpha overexpression in mouse lungs. Inhal Toxicol. 2009;21:641-7 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrated that subacute smoke-triggered lung inflammation was accompanied by inflammatory cell influx, AP-1 activation, and proinflammatory gene overexpression in mouse lungs. ..
- Chen H, Huang X, Gusmaroli G, Terzaghi W, Lau O, Yanagawa Y, et al. Arabidopsis CULLIN4-damaged DNA binding protein 1 interacts with CONSTITUTIVELY PHOTOMORPHOGENIC1-SUPPRESSOR OF PHYA complexes to regulate photomorphogenesis and flowering time. Plant Cell. 2010;22:108-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, a series of CUL4-DDB1-COP1-SPA E3 ligase complexes may mediate the repression of photomorphogenesis and, possibly, of flowering time. ..
- Li X, Han Y, Xi R. Polycomb group genes Psc and Su(z)2 restrict follicle stem cell self-renewal and extrusion by controlling canonical and noncanonical Wnt signaling. Genes Dev. 2010;24:933-46 pubmed publisher..Given evolutionary conservation of PcG genes from Drosophila to mammals, they could have similar functions in mammalian stem cells and cancer. ..
- Xu G, Wang J, Wang L, Tian X, Yang H, Fan K, et al. "Pseudo" gamma-butyrolactone receptors respond to antibiotic signals to coordinate antibiotic biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:27440-8 pubmed publisher..Such an antibiotic-mediated regulatory mechanism could be a general strategy to coordinate antibiotic biosynthesis in the producing bacteria. ..
- Meng X, Zhao W, Lin R, Wang M, Peng Y. Molecular cloning and characterization of a rice blast-inducible RING-H2 type zinc finger gene. DNA Seq. 2006;17:41-8 pubmed..Taken together, OsRING-1, as a novel C3H2C3-type zinc finger protein involved in many stress responses in rice might plays a role as a transcription regulator in plant stress response signal transduction pathways. ..
- Zha J, Han K, Xu L, He W, Zhou Q, Chen D, et al. The Ret finger protein inhibits signaling mediated by the noncanonical and canonical IkappaB kinase family members. J Immunol. 2006;176:1072-80 pubmed..Taken together, our findings suggest that RFP negatively regulates signaling involved in the antiviral response and inflammation by targeting the IKKs. ..
- Li J, Pan G, Cui K, Liu Y, Xu S, Pei D. A dominant-negative form of mouse SOX2 induces trophectoderm differentiation and progressive polyploidy in mouse embryonic stem cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:19481-92 pubmed..These results suggest that SOX2 maintains stem cell pluripotency by shuttling between the nucleus and cytoplasm in cooperation with OCT4 to prevent trophectoderm differentiation and polyploid formation in ES cells. ..
- Zhang X, Chen Y, Wang Z, Chen Z, Gu H, Qu L. Constitutive expression of CIR1 (RVE2) affects several circadian-regulated processes and seed germination in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2007;51:512-25 pubmed..These results suggest that CIR1 is possibly part of a regulatory feedback loop that controls a subset of the circadian outputs and modulates the central oscillator. ..
- Wang L, Zheng A, Yi L, Xu C, Ding M, Deng H. Identification of potential nuclear reprogramming and differentiation factors by a novel selection method for cloning chromatin-binding proteins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;325:302-7 pubmed..The method can be used to study epigenetic modification of chromatin during nuclear reprogramming, cell differentiation, and transdifferentiation. ..
- Li Z, Liu D, Liang C. New insight into the molecular mechanisms of MLL-associated leukemia. Leukemia. 2005;19:183-90 pubmed..The connection between these different mechanisms will help us understand globally how aberrant MLL oncogenes affect the normal cellular processes at molecular level. ..
- Liu J, Fu Y, Sun X, Li F, Li Y, Wang Y. Expression of SWAP-70 in the uterus and feto-maternal interface during embryonic implantation and pregnancy in the rhesus monkey (Macaca mulatta). Histochem Cell Biol. 2006;126:695-704 pubmed..The data indicate that SWAP-70 may be involved in regulating motility of trophoblast cells during embryonic implantation and placentation. ..
- Zhou C, Liu S, Zhou X, Xue L, Quan L, Lu N, et al. Overexpression of human pituitary tumor transforming gene (hPTTG), is regulated by beta-catenin /TCF pathway in human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2005;113:891-8 pubmed..In brief, our study shows that overexpression of PTTG in ESCC is likely due to the activation of beta-catenin/WNT signaling. As a target gene of beta-catenin/TCF pathway, PTTG may play an important role in tumorigenesis of human ESCC. ..
- Yin Y, Li Y, Qiao H, Wang H, Yang X, Zhang H, et al. TSPY is a cancer testis antigen expressed in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2005;93:458-63 pubmed..In conclusion, these data suggest that TSPY is a novel cancer/testis (CT) antigen and may be a potential candidate in vaccine strategy for immunotherapy in HCC patients. ..
- Zhang J, Wang X, Li M, Han J, Chen B, Wang B, et al. NANOGP8 is a retrogene expressed in cancers. FEBS J. 2006;273:1723-30 pubmed..This work not only has potential significance in stem cell and cancer research, but it also raises the possibility that some of the human pseudogenes may have regulatory functions. ..
- Song X, Yang C, Liu J, Yang W. RPA, a class II ARFGAP protein, activates ARF1 and U5 and plays a role in root hair development in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2006;141:966-76 pubmed..Together, we demonstrated that RPA plays a role in root hair and pollen tube growth, most likely through the regulation of Arabidopsis ARF1 and ARF1-like protein U5 activity. ..
- Gong W, He K, Covington M, Dinesh Kumar S, Snyder M, Harmer S, et al. The development of protein microarrays and their applications in DNA-protein and protein-protein interaction analyses of Arabidopsis transcription factors. Mol Plant. 2008;1:27-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, plant TF protein microarrays offer an attractive high-throughput alternative to traditional techniques for TF functional characterization on a global scale. ..
- Huang J, Lin M, Bai Y, Jing D, Wong B, Han S, et al. Ectopic expression of a COOH-terminal fragment of the human telomerase reverse transcriptase leads to telomere dysfunction and reduction of growth and tumorigenicity in HeLa cells. Cancer Res. 2002;62:3226-32 pubmed..Furthermore, hTERTC27 provides a new strategy for cancer therapy by inducing telomere dysfunction in cancer cells without affecting the telomerase enzymatic activity. ..
- Gu L, Chen J, Liu T, Li L, Lu Z, Luo Y. [Detection of the expression of Smad4, transforming growth factor beta(1) and beta receptor II proteins in paraffin-embedded human pancreatic cancer tissues]. Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi. 2001;30:439-42 pubmed..Smad4 may play an important role in the regulation of TGFbeta inducible gene expression and subsequent growth inhibition, but TGFbeta may also act in a Smad4-independent manner. ..
- Han X, Guo J, Deng W, Zhang C, Du P, Shi T, et al. High-throughput cell-based screening reveals a role for ZNF131 as a repressor of ERalpha signaling. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:476 pubmed publisher..This in turn may provide new insights into the underlying molecular mechanisms of ERalpha regulation in mammalian cells. ..
- Zhao F, Hou N, Yang X, He X, Liu Y, Zhang Y, et al. Ataxia telangiectasia-mutated-Rad3-related DNA damage checkpoint signaling pathway triggered by hepatitis B virus infection. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:6163-70 pubmed..Meanwhile, survival of IR-treated host cells was reduced by HBV infection. HBV infection activates ATR DNA damage response to replication stress and abrogates the checkpoint signaling controlled by DNA damage response. ..
- Xing X, Du X, Lu Z, Ning T, Su X, Ke Y. Characterization of the promoter of 1A6/DRIM, a novel cancer-related gene and identification of its transcriptional activator. Gene. 2005;344:161-9 pubmed..The structural analysis of the 1A6/DRIM promoter and the identification of its potential regulatory effecter may help us to understand its biological functions in regulating cancer development. ..
- Sun J, Jiang H, Xu Y, Li H, Wu X, Xie Q, et al. The CCCH-type zinc finger proteins AtSZF1 and AtSZF2 regulate salt stress responses in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2007;48:1148-58 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrated that AtSZF1 and AtSZF2 negatively regulate the expression of salt-responsive genes and play important roles in modulating the tolerance of Arabidopsis plants to salt stress. ..
- Jia X, Yang S, Zhou J, Li S, Ni J, An G, et al. Inhibition of CHK1 kinase by Gö6976 converts 8-chloro-adenosine-induced G2/M arrest into S arrest in human myelocytic leukemia K562 cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2009;77:770-80 pubmed publisher..These observations may provide aid in better understanding of the mechanisms of 8-Cl-cAMP and 8-Cl-Ado actions and in potential design of the combined therapy. ..
- Wang N, Liu Z, Ding F, Wang X, Zhou C, Wu M. Down-regulation of gut-enriched Kruppel-like factor expression in esophageal cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2002;8:966-70 pubmed
- Tang Z, Zhao Y, Mei F, Yang S, Li X, Lv J, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a human gene involved in transcriptional regulation of hTERT. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;324:1324-32 pubmed..These results suggest that TEIF protein might be a transcription regulator and take part in the activation of hTERT. ..
- Liu W, Yang J, Hu D, Kang C, Li C, Zhang S, et al. KCNQ1 and KCNH2 mutations associated with long QT syndrome in a Chinese population. Hum Mutat. 2002;20:475-6 pubmed..KCNH2 mutations L413P and L559H are associated with the bifid T waves on ECGs. Inderal or propanolol (a beta blocker) appears to be effective in preventing arrhythmias and syncope for an LQTS patient with the KCNQ1 L191P mutation. ..
- Zhang L, Nie L, Maki C. P53 and p73 differ in their ability to inhibit glucocorticoid receptor (GR) transcriptional activity. Mol Cancer. 2006;5:68 pubmed..The differential ability of p53 and p73 to inhibit GR is due, in part, to differences in their N-terminal and C-terminal sequences. ..
- Lou C, Li Z, Ouyang Q. A molecular model for persister in E. coli. J Theor Biol. 2008;255:205-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our model illustrates an important persister-related experimental phenomenon: the emergence of the persister depends on the growth rate in continuous culture. ..
- Wu Q, Pei J, Turse C, Ficht T. Mariner mutagenesis of Brucella melitensis reveals genes with previously uncharacterized roles in virulence and survival. BMC Microbiol. 2006;6:102 pubmed..melitensis genome. Conjugation was performed efficiently and rapidly in less than one generation in order to minimize the formation of siblings while assuring the highest level of genome coverage...
- Zhang L, Yang M, Bi N, Fang M, Sun T, Ji W, et al. ATM polymorphisms are associated with risk of radiation-induced pneumonitis. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010;77:1360-8 pubmed publisher..These variants might exert their effect through regulation of ATM expression and serve as independent biomarkers for prediction of RP in patients treated with thoracic radiotherapy. ..
- Xin H, Zhang H, Chen L, Li X, Lian Q, Yuan X, et al. Cloning and characterization of HsfA2 from Lily (Lilium longiflorum). Plant Cell Rep. 2010;29:875-85 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that LlHsfA2 is a novel and functional HsfA2, involved in heat signaling pathway in lily and useful for improvement of thermotolerance in transgenic plants...
- Liu S, Zhao B, Wang Z, Wan Y, Huang Y. Clinical features and mismatch repair gene mutation screening in Chinese patients with hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:2647-51 pubmed..Three of seven mutations have been found to be novel, and the germline G204X nonsense mutation in the third exon of hMSH2 has become the first MMR gene mutation found in Chinese Mongolian people. ..
- Li L, Bin L, Li F, Liu Y, Chen D, Zhai Z, et al. TRIP6 is a RIP2-associated common signaling component of multiple NF-kappaB activation pathways. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:555-63 pubmed..These data have established a physical and functional association between TRIP6 and RIP2, and suggest that RIP2's involvement in multiple NF-kappaB and ERK activation pathways is mediated through TRIP6. ..
- Zhang H, Zhang D, Chen J, Yang Y, Huang Z, Huang D, et al. Tomato stress-responsive factor TSRF1 interacts with ethylene responsive element GCC box and regulates pathogen resistance to Ralstonia solanacearum. Plant Mol Biol. 2004;55:825-34 pubmed..solanacearum, but also provides further clues to understanding the mechanism of host regulatory proteins in response to the infection of pathogens...
- Zhu Y, Liao H, Xie X, Yuan Y, Lee T, Wang N, et al. Oxidized LDL downregulates ATP-binding cassette transporter-1 in human vascular endothelial cells via inhibiting liver X receptor (LXR). Cardiovasc Res. 2005;68:425-32 pubmed..This report describes the effect of copper-catalyzed oxLDL on the regulation of ABCA1 in human endothelial cells (ECs)...
- Li Y, Tessaro M, Li X, Zhang Y. Regulation of the expression of plant resistance gene SNC1 by a protein with a conserved BAT2 domain. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:1425-34 pubmed publisher..Our study on MOS1 suggests that BAT2 domain-containing proteins may function in regulation of gene expression at chromatin level. ..
- Xue H, Guo R, Wen Y, Liu D, Huang L. An abundant DNA binding protein from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Sulfolobus shibatae affects DNA supercoiling in a temperature-dependent fashion. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:3929-33 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that archaeal proteins of the Sac10b family may affect the topology of chromosomal DNA in thermophilic archaea at their growth temperatures. ..
- Zhu C, Li C, Li Y, Zhan Y, Li Y, Xu C, et al. Cell growth suppression by thanatos-associated protein 11(THAP11) is mediated by transcriptional downregulation of c-Myc. Cell Death Differ. 2009;16:395-405 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these suggest that THAP11 functions as a cell growth suppressor by negatively regulating the expression of c-Myc. ..
- Hao B, Wang H, Zhou K, Li Y, Chen X, Zhou G, et al. Identification of genetic variants in base excision repair pathway and their associations with risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2004;64:4378-84 pubmed..The results suggest that the polymorphisms in five BER genes may be associated with the susceptibility to ESCC in a Chinese population. ..
- Yu J, Dou D, Chen X, Yang H, Guo N, Cheng G. Protopanaxatriol-type ginsenosides differentially modulate type 1 and type 2 cytokines production from murine splenocytes. Planta Med. 2005;71:202-7 pubmed..Thus, these protopanaxatriol-type ginsenosides have different immunomodulatory effects, which might explain the complex immunomodulatory effect of Panax ginseng. ..
- Hu B, Yang G, Zhao W, Zhang Y, Zhao J. MreB is important for cell shape but not for chromosome segregation of the filamentous cyanobacterium Anabaena sp. PCC 7120. Mol Microbiol. 2007;63:1640-52 pubmed..The multiple copies of chromosomes in cyanobacteria are likely required for chromosome random partitioning in cell division...
- Zhang Y, Huang X, Qi J, Yan C, Xu X, Han Y, et al. Correlation of genomic and expression alterations of AS3 with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. J Genet Genomics. 2008;35:267-71 pubmed publisher..The results of this study indicate that the aberrant expression of AS3 may be involved in the tumorigenesis of esophagus and is responsible for the male predominance of ESCC. ..
- Li K, Wang L, Cheng J, Zhang L, Duan H, Lu Y, et al. [Screening and cloning gene of hepatocyte protein interacting with hepatitis C virus core protein]. Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi. 2002;16:351-3 pubmed..Hepatitis C virus core binding protein (Hu Hcbp 6 Genbank number: AY032594) was successfully cloned and identified. The study partly paved the way for investigating physiological function of the Hu Hcbp6. ..
- Zhang C, Li X, Cui H, Shen D, Wei L. Advanced primary peritoneal carcinoma: clinicopathological and prognostic factor analyses. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2008;9:435-40 pubmed publisher..Overestimating an optimal debulking surgery may not benefit survival. The pathologic subtype, chemotherapy regimen and p53 overexpression were significant prognostic factors. ..
- Zhang Y, Feng S, Chen F, Chen H, Wang J, McCall C, et al. Arabidopsis DDB1-CUL4 ASSOCIATED FACTOR1 forms a nuclear E3 ubiquitin ligase with DDB1 and CUL4 that is involved in multiple plant developmental processes. Plant Cell. 2008;20:1437-55 pubmed publisher..Reducing the levels of DCAF1 leads to diverse developmental defects, implying that DCAF1 might be involved in multiple developmental pathways. ..
- Xiong J, Lai C, Qu Z, Yang X, Qin X, Liu G. Recruitment of AtWHY1 and AtWHY3 by a distal element upstream of the kinesin gene AtKP1 to mediate transcriptional repression. Plant Mol Biol. 2009;71:437-49 pubmed publisher..Our results prove that AtKP1 is a new downstream target of the whirly family of transcription factors. ..
- Pan G, Chang Z, Scholer H, Pei D. Stem cell pluripotency and transcription factor Oct4. Cell Res. 2002;12:321-9 pubmed..In this review, we summarize the structure and function of Oct4 and address issues related to Oct4 function in maintaining totipotency or pluripotency of embryonic stem cells...
- Ding L, Yan J, Zhu J, Zhong H, Lu Q, Wang Z, et al. Ligand-independent activation of estrogen receptor alpha by XBP-1. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:5266-74 pubmed
- Li L, Xin H, Xu X, Huang M, Zhang X, Chen Y, et al. CHIP mediates degradation of Smad proteins and potentially regulates Smad-induced transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:856-64 pubmed..These results suggest that CHIP can interact with the Smad1/Smad4 proteins and block BMP signal transduction through the ubiquitin-mediated degradation of Smad proteins. ..
- Gao J, Li W, Willis Owen S, Jiang L, Ma Y, Tian X, et al. Polymorphisms of PHF11 and DPP10 are associated with asthma and related traits in a Chinese population. Respiration. 2010;79:17-24 pubmed publisher..The results provide supporting evidence for genetic variants in PHF11 and DPP10 genes underlying asthma susceptibility and asthma-related quantitative traits in a Han Chinese population. ..
- Li T, Xiao J, Wu Z, Qiu G, Ding Y. Transcriptional activation of human MMP-13 gene expression by c-Maf in osteoarthritic chondrocyte. Connect Tissue Res. 2010;51:48-54 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these studies demonstrate a new level of transcriptional regulation of MMP-13 expression by the c-maf. ..
- Han J, Qiu Y, Liu D, Chen G. Engineered Aeromonas hydrophila for enhanced production of poly(3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyhexanoate) with alterable monomers composition. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2004;239:195-201 pubmed..hydrophila 4AK4 enhanced PHBHHx content. However, no monomers longer than 3HHx were detected. The results show that genetic modification of A. hydrophila 4AK4 enhanced PHBHHx production and altered monomer composition of the polymer. ..
- Leng S, Cheng J, Pan Z, Huang C, Niu Y, Dai Y, et al. Associations between XRCC1 and ERCC2 polymorphisms and DNA damage in peripheral blood lymphocyte among coke oven workers. Biomarkers. 2004;9:395-406 pubmed
- Li C, Chen Q, Gao X, Qi B, Chen N, Xu S, et al. AtHsfA2 modulates expression of stress responsive genes and enhances tolerance to heat and oxidative stress in Arabidopsis. Sci China C Life Sci. 2005;48:540-50 pubmed..So we suggest that AtHsfA2 plays an important role in linking heat shock with oxidative stress signals. ..
- Sheng J, Chan T, Chan Y, Huang J, Chen J, Zhang M, et al. Microsatellite instability and novel mismatch repair gene mutations in northern Chinese population with hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer. Chin J Dig Dis. 2006;7:197-205 pubmed
- Tian C, Xing G, Xie P, Lu K, Nie J, Wang J, et al. KRAB-type zinc-finger protein Apak specifically regulates p53-dependent apoptosis. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:580-91 pubmed publisher..These findings revealed Apak to be a negative regulator of p53-mediated apoptosis and showed the dual role of ATM in p53 regulation. ..
- Zhang M, Wang R, Wang Y, Diao F, Lu F, Gao D, et al. The CXXC finger 5 protein is required for DNA damage-induced p53 activation. Sci China C Life Sci. 2009;52:528-38 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that CF5 plays a crucial role in ATM-p53 signaling in response to DNA damage. ..
- Zhu B, Tong H, Chen W, Dong X. [Role of dpr in hydrogen peroxide tolerance of Streptococcus oligofermentans]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2009;49:1341-6 pubmed..Conclusion] dpr gene of S. oligofermentans has significant role in hydrogen peroxide tolerance of the host strain, while Dpr protein may have other oxidant-damage protective mechanisms except for iron-binding. ..
- Shi W, Wang H, Pan G, Geng Y, Guo Y, Pei D. Regulation of the pluripotency marker Rex-1 by Nanog and Sox2. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:23319-25 pubmed..Taking these findings together, we conclude that Rex-1 is a direct target of Nanog, which is augmented by Sox2 and Oct-3/4. ..
- Wei X, Mingjia H, Xiufeng L, Yang G, Qingyu W. Identification and biochemical properties of Dps (starvation-induced DNA binding protein) from cyanobacterium Anabaena sp. PCC 7120. IUBMB Life. 2007;59:675-81 pubmed..This is the first description of Dps from heterocystous cyanobacterium Anabaena sp. PCC 7120. ..
- Zhu M, Fu Y, Hou Y, Wang N, Guan Y, Tang C, et al. Laminar shear stress regulates liver X receptor in vascular endothelial cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008;28:527-33 pubmed..Laminar flow increases LXR function via a PPARgamma-CYP27 dependent mechanism, which reveals an atheroprotective role for laminar flow exerting on endothelium. ..
- Dong X, Su Y, Qian X, Yang X, Pang X, Wu H, et al. Identification of two novel CT antigens and their capacity to elicit antibody response in hepatocellular carcinoma patients. Br J Cancer. 2003;89:291-7 pubmed..0% (six out of 24), respectively, in HCC patients bearing respective gene transcripts. Therefore, FATE/BJ-HCC-2 and TPTE/BJ-HCC-5 are the novel CT antigens capable of eliciting antibody response in cancer patients. ..
- Duan M, Ren H, Mao P, Wei C, Liang Y, Li Y, et al. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of the C-terminal WRKY domain of Arabidopsis thaliana WRKY1 transcription factor. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1750:14-6 pubmed..The preliminary X-ray analysis was undertaken. The crystal diffracted to 2.50 A resolution in-house and belongs to space group P2(1) with unit-cell parameters a=64.10 A, b=34.88 A, c=114.72 A, beta=90.49 degrees . ..
- Xuan J, Yao H, Feng Y, Wang J. Cloning, expression and purification of DNA-binding protein Mvo10b from Methanococcus voltae. Protein Expr Purif. 2009;64:162-6 pubmed publisher..The developed protocol has potential application in the production of the other thermophilic and mesophilic proteins in the Sac10b family. ..
- Ren H, Zhang H. Wnt signaling controls temporal identities of seam cells in Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Biol. 2010;345:144-55 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a novel function of Wnt signaling in controlling the timing of seam cell development in C. elegans. ..
- Yuan J, Wang F, Yu J, Yang G, Liu X, Zhang J. MicroRNA-223 reversibly regulates erythroid and megakaryocytic differentiation of K562 cells. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:4551-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that LMO2 is a direct target of miR-223. Thus, our results suggest that miR-223 reversibly regulates erythroid and megakaryocytic differentiation of K562 cells via down-modulation of LMO2. ..
- Li L, Su Y, Zhao C, Xu Q. Role of Nurr1 and Ret in inducing rat embryonic neural precursors to dopaminergic neurons. Neurol Res. 2009;31:534-40 pubmed publisher..As a cooperator, Ret seems to work together with Nurr1 in the development of DA neurons. ..
- Xue J, Hua F, Lv Q, Lin H, Wang Z, Yan J, et al. DEDD negatively regulates transforming growth factor-beta1 signaling by interacting with Smad3. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:3028-34 pubmed publisher..TGF-beta1 inhibited DEDD expression, and DEDD inhibited TGF-beta1-mediated invasion. Therefore, our findings suggest that through its interaction with Smad3, DEDD is a novel negative regulator of the TGF-beta1 signaling pathway. ..
- Pan K, Lu Y, Liu W, Zhang L, You W. Detection of frameshift mutations of RIZ in gastric cancers with microsatellite instability. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:2719-22 pubmed..Pro704 LOH detection in 4 cases with frameshift mutations did not find LOH in these cases. Frameshift mutations of RIZ may play an important role in gastric cancers with MSI. ..
- Liu D, Gu Z, Cao X, Liu H, Li J. Immunocytochemical detection of HoxD9 and Pbx1 homeodomain protein expression in Chinese esophageal squamous cell carcinomas. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:1562-6 pubmed..Understanding the role of Hox genes in esophageal epithelial cell carcinogenesis may not only augment early detection but also offer new avenues for treatment of this disease. ..
- Pei H, Liu J, Li J, Guo A, Zhou J, Xiang H. Mechanism for the TtDnaA-Tt-oriC cooperative interaction at high temperature and duplex opening at an unusual AT-rich region in Thermoanaerobacter tengcongensis. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:3087-99 pubmed..Taken together, we propose that oligomerization of ATP-DnaA and simultaneously binding of several DnaA boxes and/or AT-rich region may be generally required in replication initiation at high temperature...
- Tian Z, Li Q, Buck M, Kolb A, Wang Y. The CRP-cAMP complex and downregulation of the glnAp2 promoter provides a novel regulatory linkage between carbon metabolism and nitrogen assimilation in Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 2001;41:911-24 pubmed..A novel regulatory linkage between carbon and nitrogen regulons is proposed. ..
- Pan H, Wang Y, Bao X, Meng H, Zhang Y, Wu X, et al. MECP2 gene mutation analysis in Chinese patients with Rett syndrome. Eur J Hum Genet. 2002;10:484-6 pubmed..A novel missense variant was detected in the C-terminal region in a patient and her father who was normal. In addition, there was a single nucleotide variant in the 3'UTR. ..
- Zhao N, Wang J, Cui Y, Guo L, Lu S. Induction of G1 cell cycle arrest and P15INK4b expression by ECRG1 through interaction with Miz-1. J Cell Biochem. 2004;92:65-76 pubmed..The physical interaction of ECRG1 and Miz-1 may play an important role in carcinogenesis of EC. ..
- Xiao W, Liu W. Hemizygous deletion and hypermethylation of RUNX3 gene in hepatocellular carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:376-80 pubmed..9%) also had hypermethylation. Our findings indicate that inactivation of RUNX3 gene through allelic loss and promoter hypermethylation might be one of the major mechanisms in hepatocellular carcinogenesis. ..
- Li C, Zhan Y, Xu C, Xu W, Wang S, Lv J, et al. EDAG regulates the proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic cells and resists cell apoptosis through the activation of nuclear factor-kappa B. Cell Death Differ. 2004;11:1299-308 pubmed..These results suggest that EDAG regulates the proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic cells and resists cell apoptosis through the activation of NF-kappa B. ..
- Liao W, Wang S, Han C, Zhang Y. 14-3-3 proteins regulate glycogen synthase 3beta phosphorylation and inhibit cardiomyocyte hypertrophy. FEBS J. 2005;272:1845-54 pubmed..These results suggest that 14-3-3s inhibits cardiomyocytes hypertrophy through regulation of the PI3K/PKB/GSK3beta and NFAT pathway. ..
- Duan H, Li F, Wu X, Ma D, Wang M, Hou Y. Cloning and characterization of two EREBP transcription factors from cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Biochemistry (Mosc). 2006;71:285-93 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest that GhEREB2 and GhEREB3 might be involved as positive transcription factors in biotic stress signal transduction pathways. ..
- Yuan P, Miao X, Zhang X, Wang Z, Tan W, Zhang X, et al. [Association of the responsiveness of advanced non-small cell lung cancer to platinum-based chemotherapy with p53 and p73 polymorphisms]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2006;28:107-10 pubmed..8%, 42.2% and 40.7%, respectively. Those results suggest that p53 and p73 polymorphisms may be associated with clinical responsiveness to platinum-based chemotherapy in advanced NSCLC. ..
- Tang M, Sun J, Liu Y, Chen F, Shen S. Isolation and functional characterization of the JcERF gene, a putative AP2/EREBP domain-containing transcription factor, in the woody oil plant Jatropha curcas. Plant Mol Biol. 2007;63:419-28 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results showed that JcERF functioned as a novel transcription factor and it exhibited a mechanism of plant response to environmental factors like the other AP2/EREBP regulons that also exist in tropical woody plants...
- Jia Y, Bi L, Li F, Chen Y, Zhang C, Zhang X. Alpha-shaped DNA loops induced by MutS. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;372:618-22 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that MutS associates with DNA non-specifically and forms an alpha-loop interaction with the DNA substrate. In this conformation, MutS is able to scan two arms of DNA simultaneously for each MutS dimer formed. ..
- Yang X, Dong X, Qiao H, Wang Y, Peng J, Li Y, et al. Immunohistochemical analysis of the expression of FATE/BJ-HCC-2 antigen in normal and malignant tissues. Lab Invest. 2005;85:205-13 pubmed..Thus, FATE/BJ-HCC-2 may be a valuable candidate CT antigen for polyvalent vaccines in tumor immunotherapy and an assisting diagnostic marker for prognosis of the disease. ..
- Zhong H, Li Z, Lin S, Chang Y. Initiation of V(D)J recombination in zebrafish (Danio rerio) ovaries. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:1784-92 pubmed..Our data, therefore, substantiate the speculation that RAG might have been derived from a transposase, invading germ cells of ancient species, and later become a dedicated recombinase only expressed in developing lymphocytes. ..