Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on culture media in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: culture media
- Luo Q, Wang H, Zhang X, Qian Y. Effect of direct electric current on the cell surface properties of phenol-degrading bacteria. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005;71:423-7 pubmed..We suggest that an electric current greater than 20 mA is not suitable for use in manipulation of the movement of the phenol-degrading bacteria, although such a current might favor the electrophoretic movement of the bacterial species. ..
- Wu X, Yang Y, Han Y, Zhang J, Liang Y, Li H, et al. Effect of recombinant Rv1009 protein on promoting the growth of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Appl Microbiol. 2008;105:1121-7 pubmed..It may be useful for culture of mycobacteria presented in clinical samples. rRv1009 protein can be used as a growth-promoting reagent of mycobacteria in the medium to shorten the time of culture. ..
- Yu Z, Zhang J, Wang X, Chen J. Excessive copper induces the production of reactive oxygen species, which is mediated by phospholipase D, nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase and antioxidant systems. J Integr Plant Biol. 2008;50:157-67 pubmed publisher..This evidence suggests that excessive Cu2+-elevated reactive oxygen species (ROS) production is caused by upregulated PLD that elevates the activity of NADPH oxidase and its collapsed antioxidant systems that scavenges ROS. ..
- Lv W, Zhang X, Cong W. Modelling the production of nisin by Lactococcus lactis in fed-batch culture. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2005;68:322-6 pubmed..Finally, a mathematical model was developed to simulate the cell growth, sucrose consumption, lactic acid production and nisin production. The model was able to describe the fermentation process in all cases. ..
- Li C, Bai J, Cai Z, Ouyang F. Optimization of a cultural medium for bacteriocin production by Lactococcus lactis using response surface methodology. J Biotechnol. 2002;93:27-34 pubmed..45% soybean peptone, 1% yeast extract, 2.84% KH(2)PO(4), 0.2% NaCl, and 0.02% MgSO(4) x 7H(2)O. The optimal medium allowed bacteriocin yield to be doubled compared to CM medium. ..
- Mao Q, Wang Y, Gao R, Shao J, Yao X, Lang S, et al. A neonatal mouse model of coxsackievirus A16 for vaccine evaluation. J Virol. 2012;86:11967-76 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrated that anti-CA16 antibody may block virus invasion and protect mice against lethal challenge, and that the neonatal mouse model was a viable tool for evaluating vaccine efficacy. ..
- Zheng C, Li Z, Su J, Zhang R, Liu C, Zhao M. Characterization and emulsifying property of a novel bioemulsifier by Aeribacillus pallidus YM-1. J Appl Microbiol. 2012;113:44-51 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of the bioemulsifier production by A. pallidus. The potential emulsifying activity of the bioemulsifier in the present study may be explored in various biotechnological and industrial applications. ..
- Li B, Lai T, Qin G, Tian S. Ambient pH stress inhibits spore germination of Penicillium expansum by impairing protein synthesis and folding: a proteomic-based study. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:298-307 pubmed publisher..expansum by changing intracellular pH and regulating protein expression. Further, impairing synthesis and folding of proteins might be one of the main reasons. ..
- Zhang R, Li P, Xu L, Chen Y, Sui P, Zhou L, et al. Enhancement of diosgenin production in Dioscorea zingiberensis cell culture by oligosaccharide elicitor from its endophytic fungus Fusarium oxysporum Dzf17. Nat Prod Commun. 2009;4:1459-62 pubmed..By using these optimal conditions, the diosgenin yield of the cultured cells reached its maximum of 5.25 mg/L, which was over a three-fold increase. ..
- Yuan W, Zhu P, Cheng K, Meng C, Ma L, Wu F, et al. Callus of Securinega suffruticosa, a cell line accumulates dextro Securinega alkaloids. Nat Prod Res. 2007;21:234-42 pubmed..Time course studies on the growth of callus cultures were carried out. The effects of different plant growth regulators, sucrose concentrations on callus growth and virosecurinine production were also reported. ..
- Wan P, Hao Z, Zhou P, Wu Y, Yang L, Cui M, et al. Effects of SOF and CR1 media on developmental competence and cell apoptosis of ovine in vitro fertilization embryos. Anim Reprod Sci. 2009;114:279-88 pubmed publisher..05). It is concluded that CR1aaBSA-FBS can support in vitro development of ovine IVF embryos, but SOFaaBSA is more suitable. ..
- Gao L, Sun M, Liu X, Che Y. Effects of carbon concentration and carbon to nitrogen ratio on the growth and sporulation of several biocontrol fungi. Mycol Res. 2007;111:87-92 pubmed
- Xia L, Xia W, Li S, Li W, Liu J, Ding H, et al. Identification and expression of small non-coding RNA, L10-Leader, in different growth phases of Streptococcus mutans. Nucleic Acid Ther. 2012;22:177-86 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that L10-Leader may play an important role in the regulation of responses in S. mutans, especially during its growth phase and acid adaption response. ..
- Niu L, Song L, Dong X. Proteiniborus ethanoligenes gen. nov., sp. nov., an anaerobic protein-utilizing bacterium. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2008;58:12-6 pubmed publisher..nov., sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is GW(T) (=CGMCC 1.5055(T)=JCM 14574(T)). ..
- Li Y, Yang P, Meng K, Wang Y, Luo H, Wu N, et al. Gene cloning, expression, and characterization of a novel beta-mannanase from Bacillus circulans CGMCC 1416. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2008;18:160-6 pubmed..6. The hydrolysis product on substrate locust bean gum included a monosaccharide and mainly oligosaccharides. The recombinant MANB48 may be of potential use in the feed industry. ..
- Wang J, Hou J, Zhang P, Li D, Zhang C, Liu J. Geniposide reduces inflammatory responses of oxygen-glucose deprived rat microglial cells via inhibition of the TLR4 signaling pathway. Neurochem Res. 2012;37:2235-48 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, geniposide displays a neuroprotective effect on ischemia/reperfusion-injured rats in vivo and inhibits OGD-induced activation of microglial cells by attenuating inflammatory factors and NF-?B activation in vitro. ..
- Chen J, Shen H, Niu M, Guo Y, Liu X, Han Y, et al. Anti-hepatitis B virus effect of matrine-type alkaloid and involvement of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase and tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor 6. Virus Res. 2016;215:104-13 pubmed publisher..Sophoridine produced more potent anti-HBV effects than matrine, oxymatrine, and sophocarpine did. These effects may be related to the sophoridine-mediated reduction of p38 MAPK and TRAF6 levels. ..
- Liu D, Wang S, Xu B, Guo Y, Zhao J, Liu W, et al. Proteomics analysis of Bifidobacterium longum NCC2705 growing on glucose, fructose, mannose, xylose, ribose, and galactose. Proteomics. 2011;11:2628-38 pubmed publisher..RT-PCR analysis revealed that all genes of the ABC transporter are induced in the presence of these sugars suggesting that BL0033, BL0034, BL0035, and BL0036 constitute an ABC transporter with fructose as preferred substrate. ..
- Zhao J, Hu Q, Guo Y, Zhu W. Effects of stress factors, bioregulators, and synthetic precursors on indole alkaloid production in compact callus clusters cultures of Catharanthus roseus. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2001;55:693-8 pubmed..3 mg l(-1)) and catharanthine production (18.3 mg l(-1)) in C. roseus CCC cultures. The mechanisms responsible for these treatment effects are discussed herein. ..
- Lu X, Wu Q, Chen G. Production of poly(3-hydroxybutyrate- co-3-hydroxyhexanoate) with flexible 3-hydroxyhexanoate content in Aeromonas hydrophila CGMCC 0911. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2004;64:41-5 pubmed..6 mol%. When the glucose concentration exceeded 10 g l(-1), cell growth, PHA content and mole percentages of HHx in PHBHHx were significantly reduced. ..
- Xue F, Miao J, Zhang X, Luo H, Tan T. Studies on lipid production by Rhodotorula glutinis fermentation using monosodium glutamate wastewater as culture medium. Bioresour Technol. 2008;99:5923-7 pubmed publisher..And the components of the resulted lipid using different addition strategies were further studied. ..
- Li Z, Yuan H. Characterization of cadmium removal by Rhodotorula sp. Y11. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2006;73:458-63 pubmed..The q (10) value was 11.38 mg g(-1) for Cd(2+) uptake by Y11. Chemical modifications of the biomass demonstrated that carboxyl and amide groups play an important role in Cd(2+) biosorption. ..
- Li M, Chen Z, Zhang X, Song Y, Wen Y, Li J. Enhancement of avermectin and ivermectin production by overexpression of the maltose ATP-binding cassette transporter in Streptomyces avermitilis. Bioresour Technol. 2010;101:9228-35 pubmed publisher..Such an approach would be useful for the improvement of commercial antibiotic production using starch as the main carbon source in the fermentation process. ..
- Pan X, Wei L, Han J, Gao Y. Cellular chromosome DNA interferes with fluorescence quantitative real-time PCR detection of HBV DNA in culture medium. J Med Virol. 2008;80:47-52 pubmed..Removal of cellular chromosome DNA from culture media prior to FQ-PCR is necessary for reliable HBV DNA quantitative detection. ..
- Huang B, Qin P, Xu Z, Zhu R, Meng Y. Effects of CaCl2 on viscosity of culture broth, and on activities of enzymes around the 2-oxoglutarate branch, in Bacillus subtilis CGMCC 2108 producing poly-(?-glutamic acid). Bioresour Technol. 2011;102:3595-8 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the molecular weight of ?-PGA remained constant regardless of CaCl(2) addition. ..
- Hou X, Guo S. Interaction between a dark septate endophytic isolate from Dendrobium sp. and roots of D. nobile seedlings. J Integr Plant Biol. 2009;51:374-81 pubmed..The fungus was identified as Leptodontidium by sequencing the polymerase chain reaction-amplified rDNA ITS1-5.8S-ITS2 (internal transcribed spacer (ITS)) regions and comparison with similar taxa...
- Li C, Yang J, Yu S, Chen N, Xue W, Hu J, et al. Triterpenoid saponins with neuroprotective effects from the roots of Polygala tenuifolia. Planta Med. 2008;74:133-41 pubmed publisher..The structures of 1 - 6 were elucidated by spectroscopic and chemical methods. Screening results indicated that compounds 1 - 16 showed neuroprotective effects against serum deficiency and glutamate at the concentration of 10 (-5) mol/L...
- Li H, Liu L, Zhang S, Cui W, Lv J. Identification of antifungal compounds produced by Lactobacillus casei AST18. Curr Microbiol. 2012;65:156-61 pubmed publisher..The antifungal activity of L. casei AST18 was a synergistic effect of lactic acid and cyclopeptides...
- Yan H, He P, Cheng H, Shen A, Jiang N. Cloning, sequencing and characterization of the alpha-aminoadipate reductase gene (LYS2) from Saccharomycopsis fibuligera. Yeast. 2007;24:189-99 pubmed..Approximately 90% of the mutants of S. cerevisiae resistant to AA are lysine auxotrophs; in contrast all the mutants of S. fibuligera resistant to AA recovered in this work were not lysine auxotrophs...
- Guo F, Yang W, Jiang W, Geng S, Peng T, Li J. Magnetosomes eliminate intracellular reactive oxygen species in Magnetospirillum gryphiswaldense MSR-1. Environ Microbiol. 2012;14:1722-9 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to demonstrate that magnetosomes play an important role in decreasing or eliminating ROS...
- Zahra M, Ferreri M, Alkasir R, Yin J, Han B, Su J. Isolation and characterization of small-colony variants of Ornithobacterium rhinotracheale. J Clin Microbiol. 2013;51:3228-36 pubmed publisher..7 macrophages revealed that O. rhinotracheale SCV28 had higher survival rates than its WT isolate. Finally, small-colony variants may be important contributors to the pathogenesis of O. rhinotracheale. ..
- Shi M, Zou L, Liu X, Gao Y, Zhang Z, Wu W, et al. A novel bacterium Saprospira sp. strain PdY3 forms bundles and lyses cyanobacteria. Front Biosci. 2006;11:1916-23 pubmed..These results underscore potential application of Saprospira on the control of blooms of cyanobacteria. PdY3 group behavior might allow a more efficient capture of bacterial prey...
- Bai J, Hou J, Guan H, Yan F, Cui X, Liu L, et al. Effect of 2-mercaptoethanol and cysteine supplementation during in vitro maturation on the developmental competence of oocytes from hormone-stimulated lambs. Theriogenology. 2008;70:758-64 pubmed publisher..05) than the Adult group (38.3%). The addition of 2-mercaptoethanol and cysteine improved sperm decondensation and rates of fertilization and the blastocyst development to 7d, with no effect on blastocyst rate at 9 d...
- Yan D, Lu Y, Chen Y, Wu Q. Waste molasses alone displaces glucose-based medium for microalgal fermentation towards cost-saving biodiesel production. Bioresour Technol. 2011;102:6487-93 pubmed publisher..Economic analysis indicated the cost of oil production from waste molasses-fed algae reduced by 50%. Significant cost reduction of algal biodiesel production through fermentation engineering based on the approach is expected. ..
- Liu H, Han J, Liu X, Zhou J, Xiang H. Development of pyrF-based gene knockout systems for genome-wide manipulation of the archaea Haloferax mediterranei and Haloarcula hispanica. J Genet Genomics. 2011;38:261-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these well-developed knockout systems would greatly accelerate the functional genomic research of these halophilic archaea...
- Zhang Y, Zhang X, Jiang W, Li Y, Li J. Semicontinuous culture of Magnetospirillum gryphiswaldense MSR-1 cells in an autofermentor by nutrient-balanced and isosmotic feeding strategies. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011;77:5851-6 pubmed publisher..5 mg/liter/day, respectively, were achieved. These values were, respectively, approximately 10 and 5 times higher than the yields achieved in previous studies and represent a significant improvement in magnetosome production efficiency. ..
- Guo H, Gai J, Wang Y, Jin H, Du J, Jin J. Characterization of hydrogen sulfide and its synthases, cystathionine ?-synthase and cystathionine ?-lyase, in human prostatic tissue and cells. Urology. 2012;79:483.e1-5 pubmed publisher..Hydrogen sulfide and its synthases in human prostatic tissue and cells were modulated by dihydrotestosterone, which could suggest a potential therapy for prostatic disease. ..
- Zhu R, Chen X, Lan J. [Advance in the study on liquid fermentation for medicinal fungi]. Zhong Yao Cai. 2003;26:55-7 pubmed..New high quality strain are selected. With the development of medicinal fungi fermentation, new analysis methods, such as HPCE are developed. The technology can be produced in mass in industry. It has a bright future for its virtues. ..
- Han B, Su T, Wu H, Gou Z, Xing X, Jiang H, et al. Paraffin oil as a "methane vector" for rapid and high cell density cultivation of Methylosinus trichosporium OB3b. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2009;83:669-77 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that paraffin could enhance methanotroph growth, which is potentially useful in cultivation of methanotrophs in large scale in industry...
- Chen X, Lan J, Ding J. [Studies on Armillariella mellea cultivation with different kinds of trees]. Zhong Yao Cai. 2005;28:259-61 pubmed..The results showed that all tested trees except Sophora japonica and Amorpha fruiticosa were suitable to the growth of Armillariella mellea...
- Yan Y, Su S, Meng X, Ji X, Qu Y, Liu Z, et al. Determination of sRNA expressions by RNA-seq in Yersinia pestis grown in vitro and during infection. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74495 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested these sRNAs may have important functions in Y. pestis physiology or pathogenesis. ..
- Li Y, Jiao L, Liu R, Chen X, Wang H, Wang W. Localization of angiotensin II in pig ovary and its effects on oocyte maturation in vitro. Theriogenology. 2004;61:447-59 pubmed..01) than that of oocytes cultured in medium containing 0 or 10 ng/ml Ang II. In conclusion, Ang II was present in porcine ovaries and may regulate follicle growth and oocyte maturation. ..
- Chen M, Ye Z, Ouyang S, Lin S, Shao A, Huang L. [Callus induction of Cinnamonum camphora and formation of borneol]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:558-60 pubmed..To optimize the condition of callus of Cinnamonum camphora induced...
- Gao H, Liu M, Zhuo Y, Zhou X, Liu J, Chen D, et al. Assessing the potential of an induced-mutation strategy for avermectin overproducers. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:4583-6 pubmed publisher..The results showed for the first time that a microgravity environment could introduce larger phenotype distribution and diversity than UV and N-methyl-N-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine (NTG) could. ..
- Wang X, Wu N, Guo J, Chu X, Tian J, Yao B, et al. Phytodegradation of organophosphorus compounds by transgenic plants expressing a bacterial organophosphorus hydrolase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;365:453-8 pubmed..Furthermore, at 0.02% (v/v) Mep, the transgenic plants degraded more than 99% of Mep after 14 days of growth. Our work indicates that transgenic plants expressing an OPH gene may provide a new strategy for decontaminating OP pollutants...
- Yu J, Huang J, Wang Z, Zhang J, Chen S. An Na+/H+ antiporter gene from wheat plays an important role in stress tolerance. J Biosci. 2007;32:1153-61 pubmed..The results imply that TaNHX2 might play an important role in salt and osmotic stress tolerance in plant cells...
- Li M, Zhao Y, Zhao C, Yan J, Yan Y, Rong L, et al. High FSH decreases the developmental potential of mouse oocytes and resulting fertilized embryos, but does not influence offspring physiology and behavior in vitro or in vivo. Hum Reprod. 2013;28:1309-23 pubmed publisher..None of the authors has any conflicts of interest. ..
- Liu L, Ren H, Chen L, Wang Y, Wu W. A protein kinase, calcineurin B-like protein-interacting protein Kinase9, interacts with calcium sensor calcineurin B-like Protein3 and regulates potassium homeostasis under low-potassium stress in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2013;161:266-77 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that CIPK9 and CBL3 work together and function in K? homeostasis under low-K? stress in Arabidopsis. ..
- Zhao L, Liang X, Zhang H, Wang P, Sun Q, Huang W, et al. [Effects of Chinese herbal medicine Jinmaitong-medicated serum on inducible nitric oxide synthase and NADPH oxidase p22-phox subunit of rat Schwann cells cultured in high-glucose medium]. Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao. 2011;9:299-305 pubmed..01) and JMT-medicated serum had better effect than VC (P<0.01). JMT-medicated serum can down-regulate the expressions of iNOS protein and NADPH oxidase p22-phox subunit mRNA of Schwann cells cultured in high-glucose medium. ..
- Xin L, Hu H, Ke G, Sun Y. Effects of different nitrogen and phosphorus concentrations on the growth, nutrient uptake, and lipid accumulation of a freshwater microalga Scenedesmus sp. Bioresour Technol. 2010;101:5494-500 pubmed publisher..The lipid productivity/unit volume of culture, however, was not enhanced. Further research should be made on how to enhance both lipid content and lipid productivity. ..
- Ma K, Liu X, Dong X. Methanosaeta harundinacea sp. nov., a novel acetate-scavenging methanogen isolated from a UASB reactor. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2006;56:127-31 pubmed..9 %, respectively. Based on the phylogenetic and phenotypic analyses, the novel species Methanosaeta harundinacea sp. nov. is proposed, with strain 8AcT (= JCM 13211T = CGMCC 1.5026T) as the type strain...
- Suo L, Sun X, Jiang W. Effect of pretreatment on biomass residue structure and the application of pyrolysed and composted biomass residues in soilless culture. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64550 pubmed publisher..This finding indicates that, when pyrolysed, organic wastes, which are otherwise an environmental problem, can be used to reduce the requirement for peat in the soilless culture of A. andraeanum...
- Li T, Huang X, Zhou R, Liu Y, Li B, Nomura C, et al. Differential expression and localization of Mn and Fe superoxide dismutases in the heterocystous cyanobacterium Anabaena sp. strain PCC 7120. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:5096-103 pubmed..No MnSod was observed in isolated heterocysts. These results show that the two different Sod proteins have differentiated roles in Anabaena sp. strain PCC 7120. ..
- Liang Y, Li Y, Li Z, Liu Z, Zhang Z, Chang S, et al. Mechanism of folate deficiency-induced apoptosis in mouse embryonic stem cells: Cell cycle arrest/apoptosis in G1/G0 mediated by microRNA-302a and tumor suppressor gene Lats2. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2012;44:1750-60 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that the effects of folate deficiency on mammalian development may be mediated by miRNAs that regulate proliferation and/or cell cycle progression in ESCs. ..
- Pan F, Liu S, Wang Z, Shang P, Xiao W. Digital holographic microscopy long-term and real-time monitoring of cell division and changes under simulated zero gravity. Opt Express. 2012;20:11496-505 pubmed publisher..The experiments demonstrated that the SM-compatible DHM setup could provide a highly efficient and versatile method for research on the effects of microgravity on biological samples. ..
- Qiu X, Wu P, Zhang H, Li M, Yan Z. Isolation and characterization of Arthrobacter sp. HY2 capable of degrading a high concentration of p-nitrophenol. Bioresour Technol. 2009;100:5243-8 pubmed publisher..Biodegradation of PNP at high concentration was greatly accelerated by beta-cyclodextrin at a concentration of 0.5%, indicating that beta-cyclodextrin could be a promising addictive for effective PNP bioremediation...
- Liu W, Wang K, Li B, Yuan H, Yang J. Production and characterization of an intracellular bioflocculant by Chryseobacterium daeguense W6 cultured in low nutrition medium. Bioresour Technol. 2010;101:1044-8 pubmed publisher..The highest flocculating rate of 96.9% was achieved under the optimal conditions (bioflocculant dosage 1.2 mg l(-1), pH 5.6 and temperature 15 degrees C)...
- Wang M, Pei H, Guan L, Nan X, Bai C, Liu H, et al. [Induction of hepatic specification of human adipose-derived stem cells (hADSCs) in vitro]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2009;17:544-8 pubmed..hADSCs can be induced into hepatocyte-like cells in this differentiation system. And this differentiation system promoted the growth of hADSCs. ..
- Zhao J, Zhou L, Wu J. Effects of biotic and abiotic elicitors on cell growth and tanshinone accumulation in Salvia miltiorrhiza cell cultures. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2010;87:137-44 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the elicitor-stimulated tanshinone accumulation was a stress response of the cells. ..
- Dong C, Yao Y. Nutritional requirements of mycelial growth of Cordyceps sinensis in submerged culture. J Appl Microbiol. 2005;99:483-92 pubmed..The nutritional requirements for mycelial growth of Cordyceps sinensis in semi-synthetic liquid media were investigated. The results provide a basis for further physiological study and industrial fermentation of the fungus...
- Wei W, Jiang J, Li X, Wang L, Yang S. Isolation of salt-sensitive mutants from Sinorhizobium meliloti and characterization of genes involved in salt tolerance. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2004;39:278-83 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, we suggest that the regulation of salt tolerance of S. meliloti 042BM is complex and on several levels...
- Gao H, Liu M, Liu J, Dai H, Zhou X, Liu X, et al. Medium optimization for the production of avermectin B1a by Streptomyces avermitilis 14-12A using response surface methodology. Bioresour Technol. 2009;100:4012-6 pubmed publisher..92 g/l yeast extract. A production of 5128 mg/l, which was in agreement with the prediction, was observed in verification experiment. In comparison to the production of original level (3528 mg/l), 1.45-fold increase had been obtained. ..
- Li B, Shen J, Cao X, Wang Y, Dai L, Huang S, et al. Mutations in 23S rRNA gene associated with decreased susceptibility to tiamulin and valnemulin in Mycoplasma gallisepticum. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2010;308:144-9 pubmed publisher..All the mutants were cross-resistant to lincomycin, chloramphenicol and florfenicol. Mutants with the A2058G or the A2059G mutation exhibited cross-resistance to macrolide antibiotics erythromycin, tilmicosin and tylosin...
- Wu Q, Huang H, Hu G, Chen J, Ho K, Chen G. Production of poly-3-hydroxybutyrate by Bacillus sp. JMa5 cultivated in molasses media. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2001;80:111-8 pubmed..It seems that sporulation induced by reduced supply of nutrients is the reason that PHB content is generally low in the Bacillus strain. ..
- Tian J, Wu Z, Liu L, Cai Y, Zeng S, Zhu S, et al. Effects of oocyte activation and sperm preparation on the development of porcine embryos derived from in vitro-matured oocytes and intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Theriogenology. 2006;66:439-48 pubmed..In conclusion, various methods of oocyte activation and sperm preparation significantly affected the developmental capacity of early porcine embryos derived from IVM and ICSI...
- Xiong X, Wen X, Bai Y, Qian Y. Effects of culture conditions on ligninolytic enzymes and protease production by Phanerochaete chrysosporium in air. J Environ Sci (China). 2008;20:94-100 pubmed..Culture type and medium volume influence protease activity corporately by affecting oxygen supply. The results implied shallow immobilized culture was a possible way to gain high production of ligninolytic enzymes. ..
- Li D, Yan Y, Ping S, Chen M, Zhang W, Li L, et al. Genome-wide investigation and functional characterization of the beta-ketoadipate pathway in the nitrogen-fixing and root-associated bacterium Pseudomonas stutzeri A1501. BMC Microbiol. 2010;10:36 pubmed publisher..However, little is known about the evolution and regulation of the beta-ketoadipate pathway in root-associated diazotrophs...
- Xu G, Sztalryd C, Londos C. Degradation of perilipin is mediated through ubiquitination-proteasome pathway. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1761:83-90 pubmed..We conclude that the degradation of perilipin is mediated through an ubiquitination-proteasome pathway, which suggests another mode for the post-translational regulation of perilipin. ..
- Yang C, Miao D, Zhang Q, Guo L, Tong J, Wei Y, et al. Short-term preservation of porcine oocytes in ambient temperature: novel approaches. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14242 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have developed a simple method for preserving immature pig oocytes at an ambient temperature for several days without evident damage of cytoplasm and keeping oocyte developmental competence. ..
- Guo B, Gao M, Liu C. In vitro propagation of an endangered medicinal plant Saussurea involucrata Kar. et Kir. Plant Cell Rep. 2007;26:261-5 pubmed..The regeneration protocol developed in this study provides a basis for germplasm conservation and for further investigation of medicinally active constituents of the elite medicinal plant. ..
- Ma C, Wu L, Dai J, Zhou H, Li J, Sun X, et al. [Acylation specificity of midecamycin 3-O-acyltransferase within Streptomyces spiramyceticus F21]. Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao. 2008;24:2086-92 pubmed..spiramyceticus F21, and this character is possibly limited in Streptomyces mycarofaciens ATCC 21454 for midecamycin biosynthesis. ..
- Zhang Y, Ma Y, Qi S, Meng B, Chaudhry M, Liu S, et al. Responses to arsenate stress by Comamonas sp. strain CNB-1 at genetic and proteomic levels. Microbiology. 2007;153:3713-21 pubmed..Of these spots, 18 were unique proteins. These proteins were identified to be phosphate transporters, heat-shock proteins involved in protein refolding, and enzymes participating in carbon and energy metabolism...
- Gao L, Deng X, Wang H, Hu Z. [Diversity and resistance of rhizobia isolated from Caragana intermedia in Maowusu sandland]. Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao. 2004;15:44-8 pubmed..It was revealed that rhizobia nodulating Caragana intermedia could be used as a new germplasm to fix nitrogen under severe environment...
- Zhao K, Huang Y, Chen X, Wang N, Liu S. PcaO positively regulates pcaHG of the beta-ketoadipate pathway in Corynebacterium glutamicum. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:1565-72 pubmed publisher..In vitro EMSA results showed that ATP weakened the binding between PcaO and its target sequence but ADP strengthened this binding, while the effect of protocatechuate on PcaO binding was dependent on the protocatechuate concentration. ..
- Wang S, Zhang Y, Dong H, Mao S, Zhu Y, Wang R, et al. Formic acid triggers the "Acid Crash" of acetone-butanol-ethanol fermentation by Clostridium acetobutylicum. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011;77:1674-80 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that the accumulation of formic acid, rather than acetic acid and butyric acid, is responsible for the acid crash of acetone-butanol-ethanol fermentation. ..
- Zhang L, Jia Y, Wang L, Fang R. A proline iminopeptidase gene upregulated in planta by a LuxR homologue is essential for pathogenicity of Xanthomonas campestris pv. campestris. Mol Microbiol. 2007;65:121-36 pubmed
- Liu X, Ren B, Chen M, Wang H, Kokare C, Zhou X, et al. Production and characterization of a group of bioemulsifiers from the marine Bacillus velezensis strain H3. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2010;87:1881-93 pubmed publisher..Thus B. velezensis H3 is an alternative surfactin producer with potential application as an industrial strain for the lipopeptide production...