Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cotton fiber in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: cotton fiber
- Pang Y, Wang H, Song W, Zhu Y. The cotton ATP synthase ?1 subunit is required to maintain a higher ATP/ADP ratio that facilitates rapid fibre cell elongation. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2010;12:903-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that GhATP?1 is important for activity of mitochondrial ATP synthase and is probably related to cotton fibre elongation...
- Wang J, Wang H, Zhao P, Han L, Jiao G, Zheng Y, et al. Overexpression of a profilin (GhPFN2) promotes the progression of developmental phases in cotton fibers. Plant Cell Physiol. 2010;51:1276-90 pubmed publisher..Such a function of the actin cytoskeleton in cell phase conversion may be common to other secondary wall-containing plant cells...
- Pang C, Wang H, Pang Y, Xu C, Jiao Y, Qin Y, et al. Comparative proteomics indicates that biosynthesis of pectic precursors is important for cotton fiber and Arabidopsis root hair elongation. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2010;9:2019-33 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that ethylene and C24:0 may promote cotton fiber and Arabidopsis root hair growth by activating the pectin biosynthesis network, especially UDP-L-rhamnose and UDP-D-galacturonic acid synthesis. ..
- Huang Q, Wang H, Gao P, Wang G, Xia G. Cloning and characterization of a calcium dependent protein kinase gene associated with cotton fiber development. Plant Cell Rep. 2008;27:1869-75 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that GhCPK1 may play a role in the calcium signaling events associated with fiber elongation...
- Ji S, Lu Y, Feng J, Wei G, Li J, Shi Y, et al. Isolation and analyses of genes preferentially expressed during early cotton fiber development by subtractive PCR and cDNA array. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:2534-43 pubmed..This report constitutes the first systematic analysis of genes involved in cotton fiber development. Our results suggest that a concerted mechanism involving multiple cellular pathways is responsible for cotton fiber elongation. ..
- Mei W, Qin Y, Song W, Li J, Zhu Y. Cotton GhPOX1 encoding plant class III peroxidase may be responsible for the high level of reactive oxygen species production that is related to cotton fiber elongation. J Genet Genomics. 2009;36:141-50 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data suggest that GhPOX1 plays an important role during fiber cell elongation possibly by mediating production of reactive oxygen species...
- Qin Y, Hu C, Pang Y, Kastaniotis A, Hiltunen J, Zhu Y. Saturated very-long-chain fatty acids promote cotton fiber and Arabidopsis cell elongation by activating ethylene biosynthesis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3692-704 pubmed..Thus, VLCFAs may be involved in maximizing the extensibility of cotton fibers and multiple Arabidopsis cell types, possibly by activating ethylene biosynthesis. ..
- Li H, Qin Y, Pang Y, Song W, Mei W, Zhu Y. A cotton ascorbate peroxidase is involved in hydrogen peroxide homeostasis during fibre cell development. New Phytol. 2007;175:462-71 pubmed..These data suggest that GhAPX1 expression is upregulated in response to an increase in cellular H(2)O(2) and ethylene. GhAPX1 encodes a functional enzyme that is involved in hydrogen peroxide homeostasis during cotton fibre development. ..