Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell survival in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: cell survival
Publications268 found, 100 shown here
- Yan S, Li S, Wu W, Zhao F, Bao L, Ding R, et al. Terpenoid and phenolic metabolites from the fungus xylaria sp. associated with termite nests. Chem Biodivers. 2011;8:1689-700 pubmed publisher..The absolute configuration of 4 was assigned by Snatzke's method. Compounds 8 and 11 showed slight cytotoxicities against two cell lines A549 and SGC7901. ..
- Chen S, Song M, Zhong Z, Li N, Wang P, Cheng S, et al. Knockdown of radixin by RNA interference suppresses the growth of human pancreatic cancer cells in vitro and in vivo. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:753-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that radixin might play a critical role in pancreatic cancer progression, possibly through involvement of down-regulation of TSP-1 and E-cadherin expression. ..
- Miao X, Gu Z, Liu P, Hu Y, Li L, Gong Y, et al. The human glucagon-like peptide-1 analogue liraglutide regulates pancreatic beta-cell proliferation and apoptosis via an AMPK/mTOR/P70S6K signaling pathway. Peptides. 2013;39:71-9 pubmed publisher..Liraglutide also prevents beta-cell glucolipotoxicity by activating mTOR. ..
- Wang Y, Li Y, Huo S, Yin Z. Alpha-crystallin promotes rat olfactory ensheathing cells survival and proliferation through regulation of PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling pathways. Neurosci Lett. 2012;531:170-5 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that ?-crystallin positively regulated the activation of PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling pathway and promote the proliferation and survival of cultured OECs. ..
- Miao G, Zhao Y, Li Y, Xu J, Gong H, Qi R, et al. Basement membrane extract preserves islet viability and activity in vitro by up-regulating ?3 integrin and its signal. Pancreas. 2013;42:971-6 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that BME embedment of islets can up-regulate the expression of ?3 integrin and its signal transduction, which may improve islet viability. ..
- Sun W, Dong W, Mao L, Li W, Cui J, Xing R, et al. Overexpression of p42.3 promotes cell growth and tumorigenicity in hepatocellular carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2013;19:2913-20 pubmed publisher..3 levels promote upregulation of proliferating cell nuclear antigen, cyclin B1 and mitotic arrest deficient 2. p42.3 promotes tumorigenicity and tumor growth in HCC and may be a potential target for future clinical cancer therapeutics. ..
- Zhou Z, Ma J, Xiao C, Han X, Qiu R, Wang Y, et al. Phenotypic and functional alterations of pDCs in lupus-prone mice. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20373 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, pDC are activated alone with disease development and its phenotype and function differ among lupus-prone strains, and these differences may contribute to the development of lupus in these mice. ..
- Song X, Ding Y, Liu G, Yang X, Zhao R, Zhang Y, et al. Cancer Cell-derived Exosomes Induce Mitogen-activated Protein Kinase-dependent Monocyte Survival by Transport of Functional Receptor Tyrosine Kinases. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:8453-64 pubmed publisher..This work provides insights into the long sought question on monocyte survival prior to formation of plentiful TAMs in the tumor microenvironment. ..
- Wang A, Ding X, Demarque M, Liu X, Pan D, Xin H, et al. Ubc9 Is Required for Positive Selection and Late-Stage Maturation of Thymocytes. J Immunol. 2017;198:3461-3470 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, NFAT nuclear retention induced by TCR signals was regulated by SUMOylation during thymocytes development. Our study thus reveals a novel posttranslational mechanism underlying T cell development. ..
- Lu C, Li L, Zhou W, Zhao J, Wang Y, Peng S. Silica nanoparticles and lead acetate co-exposure triggered synergistic cytotoxicity in A549 cells through potentiation of mitochondria-dependent apoptosis induction. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;52:114-120 pubmed publisher..Factorial analyses revealed synergistic interactions were responsible for the potentiation of joint apoptotic responses. ..
- Zhao H, Wang S, He Q, Yuan L, Chen A, Lin Z. Ganoderma total sterol (GS) and GS1 protect rat cerebral cortical neurons from hypoxia/reoxygenation injury. Life Sci. 2005;76:1027-37 pubmed..These findings demonstrated that GS(1) is the main component in GS; and play a critical role in the neuroprotective effect of GS against H/R...
- Weng C, Li Y, Xu D, Shi Y, Tang H. Specific cleavage of Mcl-1 by caspase-3 in tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL)-induced apoptosis in Jurkat leukemia T cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:10491-500 pubmed..These results suggested that removal of N-terminal domains of Bid by caspase-8 and Mcl-1 by caspase-3 enabled the maximal mitochondrial perturbation that potentiated TRAIL-induced apoptosis. ..
- Wang H, Qian H, Yu J, Zhang X, Zhang L, Fu M, et al. Administration of PUMA adenovirus increases the sensitivity of esophageal cancer cells to anticancer drugs. Cancer Biol Ther. 2006;5:380-5 pubmed..These results suggest that Ad-PUMA is a potent cytotoxic agent and could be a promising alternative in the cancer gene therapy in combination with chemotherapeutic agents. ..
- Zhao D, Zou L, Lin S, Shi J, Zhu H. 6,7-di-O-glucopyranosyl-esculetin protects SH-SY5Y cells from dopamine-induced cytotoxicity. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;580:329-38 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that 6,7-di-O-glucopyranosyl-esculetin may provide a useful therapeutic strategy for the treatment of progressive neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's disease. ..
- Song B, Li Y, Han D. Delayed electrical stimulation and BDNF application following induced deafness in rats. Acta Otolaryngol. 2009;129:142-54 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the combination of ES and BDNF has a synergistic protective effect rather than an additive effect. Both SGC body and peripheral process influence the auditory sensitivity, and the latter appears to be more important...
- Ma T, Shi T, Huang J, Wu L, Hu F, He P, et al. DCUN1D3, a novel UVC-responsive gene that is involved in cell cycle progression and cell growth. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:2128-35 pubmed publisher..All the results above indicate that DCUN1D3 is a novel UVC-response gene involved in cell cycle regulation and cell survival. ..
- Li Y, Wang Q, Yao X, Li Y. Induction of CYP3A4 and MDR1 gene expression by baicalin, baicalein, chlorogenic acid, and ginsenoside Rf through constitutive androstane receptor- and pregnane X receptor-mediated pathways. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;640:46-54 pubmed publisher..Chlorogenic acid and ginsenoside Rf only induced constitutive androstane receptor-mediated CYP3A4 expression. ..
- Li Q, Zhu H, Yang Y, Liu J, Xiao F, Zhang Q, et al. Prokineticin-1/endocrine gland-derived vascular endothelial growth factor is a survival factor for human multiple myeloma cells. Leuk Lymphoma. 2010;51:1902-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together, PK1 activates multiple signaling pathways and, upregulates Mcl-1 expression, leading to proliferation and survival of MM cells. ..
- Xiao C, Li J, Dong X, He X, Niu X, Liu C, et al. Anti-oxidative and TNF-? suppressive activities of puerarin derivative (4AC) in RAW264.7 cells and collagen-induced arthritic rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;666:242-50 pubmed publisher..7 cells. These results indicated that 4AC had bioactive anti-oxidative effects and suggest the potential value of 4AC for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Fu J, Peng C, Wang W, Jin H, Tang Q, Wei X. Let-7 g is involved in doxorubicin induced myocardial injury. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2012;33:312-7 pubmed publisher..05) in 18 mg/kg group in vivo and all the doxorubicin treated group in vitro. The down regulation of let-7 g in the myocardial-injury model suggests that let-7 g may play an important role in the development of cardiac disease. ..
- Mu L, Wei N, Liu P. Cytotoxic triterpenoid saponins from Ardisia gigantifolia. Planta Med. 2012;78:617-21 pubmed publisher..9-4.8 µm...
- Fan J, Ou Y, Wu C, Yu C, Song Y, Zhan Q. Migfilin sensitizes cisplatin-induced apoptosis in human glioma cells in vitro. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2012;33:1301-10 pubmed publisher..The LIM1-3 domains of migfilin play a key role in sensitizing glioma cells to cisplatin-induced apoptosis through regulation of apoptosis-related proteins. ..
- Tan X, Wang S, Zhu L, Wu C, Yin B, Zhao J, et al. cAMP response element-binding protein promotes gliomagenesis by modulating the expression of oncogenic microRNA-23a. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:15805-10 pubmed..Taken together, we propose that CREB promotes gliomagenesis and acts as a modulator of oncogenic mir-23a, which represses the tumor suppressor PTEN. ..
- Chen J, Wang W, Zhang Q, Li F, Lei T, Luo D, et al. Low molecular weight fucoidan against renal ischemia-reperfusion injury via inhibition of the MAPK signaling pathway. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56224 pubmed publisher..Our in vivo and in vitro studies show that LMWF ameliorates acute renal IRI via inhibiting MAPK signaling pathways. The data provide evidence that LMWF may serve as a potential therapeutic agent for acute renal IRI. ..
- Cai P, Lu P, Sharom F, Fang W. A semisynthetic taxane Yg-3-46a effectively evades P-glycoprotein and ?-III tubulin mediated tumor drug resistance in vitro. Cancer Lett. 2013;341:214-23 pubmed publisher..All of these results indicate that Yg-3-46a is a novel microtubule-stabilizing agent that has the potential to evade drug resistance mediated by P-gp and ?-III tubulin overexpression. ..
- Arshad A, Chen X, Cong Z, Qing H, Deng Y. TRPC1 protects dopaminergic SH-SY5Y cells from MPP+, salsolinol, and N-methyl-(R)-salsolinol-induced cytotoxicity. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2014;46:22-30 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that treatment with neurotoxins may alter Ca2+ homeostasis and induce mitochondrial-mediated caspase-dependent cytotoxicity, an important characteristic of PD. ..
- Pan Y, Liu Y, Lieberwirth C, Zhang Z, Wang Z. Species differences in behavior and cell proliferation/survival in the adult brains of female meadow and prairie voles. Neuroscience. 2016;315:259-70 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate a potential role of cell proliferation/survival in selected brain areas on different behaviors between vole species with distinct life strategies. ..
- Yu L, Li Q, Yu B, Yang Y, Jin Z, Duan W, et al. Berberine Attenuates Myocardial Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury by Reducing Oxidative Stress and Inflammation Response: Role of Silent Information Regulator 1. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2016;2016:1689602 pubmed publisher..Additionally, SIRT1 signaling plays a key role in this process. ..
- Wang Y, Yi X, Li C. Role of thymic stromal lymphopoietin in the pathogenesis of lumbar disc degeneration. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7516 pubmed publisher..The evident information obtained from the investigation could lead the way for new therapeutic approaches regarding LDD treatment. ..
- Li J, Liu Y, Ru B. Effect of metallothionein on cell viability and its interactions with cadmium and zinc in HEK293 cells. Cell Biol Int. 2005;29:843-8 pubmed
- Wang H, Kang L. Effect of cooling rates on the cold hardiness and cryoprotectant profiles of locust eggs. Cryobiology. 2005;51:220-9 pubmed..8 degrees C min(-1)). Earlier stage embryos were much more sensitive than later stage embryos to the same cooling rates. Time spent at subzero temperatures also had a strong influence on egg survival. ..
- Zhao Y, Zhang J, Li H, Li Y, Ren J, Luo M, et al. An NADPH sensor protein (HSCARG) down-regulates nitric oxide synthesis by association with argininosuccinate synthetase and is essential for epithelial cell viability. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:11004-13 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that HSCARG regulation of AS activity is crucial for maintaining the intracellular balance between redox state and nitric oxide levels. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang H, Holmgren A, Tian W, Zhong L. Inhibitory effect of green tea extract and (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate on mammalian thioredoxin reductase and HeLa cell viability. Oncol Rep. 2008;20:1479-87 pubmed..The inactivation of TrxR1 by Gte/EGCG is most likely linked to a reduction of HeLa cell viability. ..
- Wu L, Li X, Li Y, Wang L, Tang Y, Xue M. Proliferative inhibition of danxiongfang and its active ingredients on rat vascular smooth muscle cell and protective effect on the VSMC damage induced by hydrogen peroxide. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009;126:197-206 pubmed publisher..these findings provide a pharmacological foundation for the clinical use of DF in the prevention and treatment of hyperlipidemia and atherosclerosis relevant to endothelial cell proliferation and damage. ..
- Wang Y, Guan Y, Wang F, Huang A, Wang S, Zhang Y. Bmi-1 regulates self-renewal, proliferation and senescence of human fetal neural stem cells in vitro. Neurosci Lett. 2010;476:74-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Bmi-1 knockdown induced obvious senescence phenotype in hfNSCs. Further studies on the Bmi-1 pathways would help to understand the molecular mechanisms underlying hfNSCs self-renewal and human brain development. ..
- Sun Z, Zhang J, Zhang J, Chen C, Du Q, Chang L, et al. Rad GTPase induces cardiomyocyte apoptosis through the activation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;409:52-7 pubmed publisher..Rad-triggered apoptosis was mediated by the activation of p38 MAPK. The p38 blocker SB203580 effectively protected cardiomyocytes against Rad-evoked apoptosis. ..
- Huang X, Sun J, Zhao T, Wu K, Watanabe K, Xiao Z, et al. Loss of NB-3 aggravates cerebral ischemia by impairing neuron survival and neurite growth. Stroke. 2011;42:2910-6 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that NB-3 deficiency may aggravate brain damage after middle cerebral artery occlusion by impairing neuronal survival and neurite growth. ..
- Xu Y, Zhu J, Xiang K, Li Y, Sun R, Ma J, et al. Synthesis and immunomodulatory activity of fullerene-tuftsin conjugates. Biomaterials. 2011;32:9940-9 pubmed publisher..On all accounts, these results suggest that the C(60)-tuftsin conjugates can be used as potential candidates of immunomodulators and vaccine adjuvants. ..
- He W, Han H, Wang W, Gao B. Anti-influenza virus effect of aqueous extracts from dandelion. Virol J. 2011;8:538 pubmed publisher..Mechanisms of reduction of viral growth in MDCK or A549 cells by dandelion involve inhibition on virus replication. ..
- Gao J, Liu R, Wu J, Liu Z, Li J, Zhou J, et al. The use of chitosan based hydrogel for enhancing the therapeutic benefits of adipose-derived MSCs for acute kidney injury. Biomaterials. 2012;33:3673-81 pubmed publisher..Therefore, CSCl hydrogel is a potential cell carrier for treatment of AKI. ..
- Ai G, Liu Q, Hua W, Huang Z, Wang D. Hepatoprotective evaluation of the total flavonoids extracted from flowers of Abelmoschus manihot (L.) Medic: In vitro and in vivo studies. J Ethnopharmacol. 2013;146:794-802 pubmed publisher..The present study was designed to investigate the hepatoprotective effect of the plant extracts against carbon tetrachloride (CCl4) induced hepatocyte damage in vitro and liver injury in vivo...
- Li Y, Wang Z, Yan X, Chen M, Bao J, Wu G, et al. IC-4, a new irreversible EGFR inhibitor, exhibits prominent anti-tumor and anti-angiogenesis activities. Cancer Lett. 2013;340:88-96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrated that IC-4 is a new irreversible EGFR-TKI, exhibiting potent anti-breast cancer and anti-angiogenetic effects. ..
- Yang F, Wu L, Guo X, Wang D, Li Y. Improved retinal ganglion cell survival through retinal microglia suppression by a chinese herb extract, triptolide, in the DBA/2J mouse model of glaucoma. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2013;21:378-89 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that long-term triptolide administration suppressed microglia activation and improved RGC survival in DBA/2J mice. ..
- Li X, Zhang X, Zhao S, Wang J, Liu G, Du Y. Micro-scaffold array chip for upgrading cell-based high-throughput drug testing to 3D using benchtop equipment. Lab Chip. 2014;14:471-81 pubmed publisher..This platform is expected to facilitate upgrade of the current cell-based high throughput drug testing to the 3D level and be widely applicable across various disciplines. ..
- Bai X, Xu S, Liu J, Wang L. Upconversion luminescence tracking of gene delivery via multifunctional nanocapsules. Talanta. 2016;150:118-24 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrated that our nanocapsule has ideal biocompatibility, satisfactory gene loading capacity and great bioimaging ability, which is promising for imaging guided cell therapy and gene engineering. ..
- Li Y, Liu Y, Huang W, Luo Z. Cytoprotective effect is one of common action pathways for antidepressants. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2003;24:996-1000 pubmed..To explore the possible common action mechanism of antidepressants...
- Tian X, Pu X. Phenylethanoid glycosides from Cistanches salsa inhibit apoptosis induced by 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium ion in neurons. J Ethnopharmacol. 2005;97:59-63 pubmed..It is concluded that PhGs can prevent the MPP(+)-induced apoptosis in CGNs and exert its anti-apoptosis effect by inhibiting caspase-3 and caspase-8 activities. ..
- Zhao D, Zou L, Lin S, Shi J, Zhu H. Anti-apoptotic effect of esculin on dopamine-induced cytotoxicity in the human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cell line. Neuropharmacology. 2007;53:724-32 pubmed..These data indicate that esculin may provide a useful therapeutic strategy for the treatment of progressive neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's disease (PD). ..
- Liu K, Qian L, Wang J, Li W, Deng X, Chen X, et al. Two-dimensional blue native/SDS-PAGE analysis reveals heat shock protein chaperone machinery involved in hepatitis B virus production in HepG2.2.15 cells. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2009;8:495-505 pubmed publisher..2.15 cells. Collectively these results suggest that the interaction of HSP90 with HSP70/HSP60 contributes to the HBV life cycle by forming a multichaperone machine that may constitute therapeutic targets for HBV-associated diseases. ..
- Hao T, Wen N, Cao J, Wang H, Lu S, Liu T, et al. The support of matrix accumulation and the promotion of sheep articular cartilage defects repair in vivo by chitosan hydrogels. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2010;18:257-65 pubmed publisher..This study showcased the success of a new technique in its ability to repair articular cartilage defects. ..
- Huang L, Xu Y, Yu W, Li X, Liqun C, He X, et al. Robo1: a potential role in ocular angiogenesis. Curr Eye Res. 2009;34:1019-29 pubmed publisher..Our results show that Robo1 inhibits choroidal and retinal angiogenesis in vitro. Further studies are ongoing to evaluate Robo1 as a potential target for the treatment of choroidal or retinal angiogenesis. ..
- Han N, Zhang D, Wang T, Zhang P, Jiang B. Calcitonin gene-related peptide induces proliferation and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression via extracellular signal-regulated kinase activation in rat osteoblasts. Chin Med J (Engl). 2010;123:1748-53 pubmed..Thus, CGRP promoted cell proliferation and stimulated MCP-1 expression in cultured rat osteoblasts. These studies document novel links between CGRP and MCP-1 and illuminate the effects of CGRP in regulating bone remodeling. ..
- Qu Y, Zhang B, Liu S, Zhang A, Wu T, Zhao Y. 2-Gy whole-body irradiation significantly alters the balance of CD4+ CD25- T effector cells and CD4+ CD25+ Foxp3+ T regulatory cells in mice. Cell Mol Immunol. 2010;7:419-27 pubmed publisher..The enhanced proportion of CD4(+)CD25(+)Foxp3(+) Treg cells in the periphery by a low dose of WBI may make hosts more susceptible to immune tolerance induction. ..
- Guo S, Huang Y, Wei T, Zhang W, Wang W, Lin D, et al. Amphiphilic and biodegradable methoxy polyethylene glycol-block-(polycaprolactone-graft-poly(2-(dimethylamino)ethyl methacrylate)) as an effective gene carrier. Biomaterials. 2011;32:879-89 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that PECD NPs have a great potential to be used as efficient polymeric carriers for gene transfection. ..
- Gu X, Li N, Zhou W, Zheng Y, Zhao X, Cai Q, et al. Corrosion resistance and surface biocompatibility of a microarc oxidation coating on a Mg-Ca alloy. Acta Biomater. 2011;7:1880-9 pubmed publisher..In summary, MAO showed beneficial effects on the corrosion resistance of, and thus improved cell adhesion to, the Mg-Ca alloy, and should be a good surface modification method for other biomedical magnesium alloys. ..
- Zhang R, Zhang H, Xu L, Ma K, Wallrapp C, Jonas J. Neuroprotective effect of intravitreal cell-based glucagon-like peptide-1 production in the optic nerve crush model. Acta Ophthalmol. 2011;89:e320-6 pubmed publisher..56; range: 0.36-0.89; p = 0.03). Glucagon-like peptide-1 produced by intravitreally implanted cell beads was associated with a higher survival rate of retinal ganglion cells after an experimental optic nerve crush in rats. ..
- Xu H, Yang Y, Qian H, Tang Y, Wang H, Zhang Q. Rosuvastatin treatment activates JAK-STAT pathway and increases efficacy of allogeneic mesenchymal stem cell transplantation in infarcted hearts. Circ J. 2011;75:1476-85 pubmed..The effects of ROSU, as well as of activated JAK-STAT proteins, could be attenuated by AG-490. ROSU treatment improves the efficacy of stem cell transplantation in infarcted hearts by activation of the JAK2-STAT3 signaling pathway. ..
- Zhu X, Cheng G, Liu F, Yu J, Wang Y, Yu T, et al. Taguchi approach for anti-heat stress prescription compatibility in mice spleen lymphocytes in vitro. Arch Pharm Res. 2011;34:1125-33 pubmed publisher..The results showed that the Taguchi optimization approach is a suitable method for optimization of the composition of prescription...
- Xi Y, Yu H, Ding J, Ma W, Yuan L, Feng J, et al. Flavonoids protect cerebrovascular endothelial cells through Nrf2 and PI3K from ?-amyloid peptide-induced oxidative damage. Curr Neurovasc Res. 2012;9:32-41 pubmed..The potential mechanisms might be associated with the activation of Nrf2 signaling pathway by modulating PI3K activity. ..
- SUN L, Chen Y, Wang X, Li X, Xue B, Qu L, et al. The protective effect of alpha lipoic acid on Schwann cells exposed to constant or intermittent high glucose. Biochem Pharmacol. 2012;84:961-73 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that variability in glycemic control could be more deleterious than a constant HG and ALA antagonized the IHG-induced oxidative stress, activation of mitochondrial pathway and apoptosis in SCs...
- Fu H, Li C, Yang J, Chen X, Zhang D. Triterpenoid glycosides from the stems of Gordonia kwangsiensis. Phytochemistry. 2013;85:167-74 pubmed publisher..1 to 2.41 ?m...
- Zhao C, Yin S, Dong Y, Guo X, Fan L, Ye M, et al. Autophagy-dependent EIF2AK3 activation compromises ursolic acid-induced apoptosis through upregulation of MCL1 in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells. Autophagy. 2013;9:196-207 pubmed publisher..Our findings uncovered a novel cellular mechanism involved in the anticancer activity of UA, and also provided a useful model to study biological significance and mechanisms of autophagy-mediated ER stress. ..
- Zhou M, Xu S, Mi J, Ueda K, Chan P. Nuclear translocation of alpha-synuclein increases susceptibility of MES23.5 cells to oxidative stress. Brain Res. 2013;1500:19-27 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings provide new insight into the interaction between ?-syn and oxidative stress through activation of calpain proteolytic activity. ..
- Lin G, Zhang X, Ren J, Pang Z, Wang C, Xu N, et al. Integrin signaling is required for maintenance and proliferation of intestinal stem cells in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2013;377:177-87 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest that integrin not only functions to anchor ISCs to the basement membrane, but also serves as an essential element for ISC proliferation during normal homeostasis and in response to oncogenic mutations. ..
- Cai B, Lyu H, Huang J, Wang S, Lee C, Gao C, et al. Combination of bendamustine and entinostat synergistically inhibits proliferation of multiple myeloma cells via induction of apoptosis and DNA damage response. Cancer Lett. 2013;335:343-50 pubmed publisher..Regimens consisting of bendamustine and/or entinostat may represent novel therapeutic strategies against MM. ..
- Song Y, Feng D, Shi W, Li X, Ma H. Parallel comparative studies on the toxic effects of unmodified CdTe quantum dots, gold nanoparticles, and carbon nanodots on live cells as well as green gram sprouts. Talanta. 2013;116:237-44 pubmed publisher..98 ?g/mL, 62 ?g/mL, and >250 ?g/mL, respectively. This quantitative information is of great importance for right choice of the nanomaterials in their practical applications...
- Zhang Q, Jiang M, Zhao C, Yu M, Zhang H, Ding Y, et al. Apoptosis induced by one new podophyllotoxin glucoside in human carcinoma cells. Toxicology. 2005;212:46-53 pubmed..Treatment with 0.1 microM 4DPG increased p53 expression and Bax/Bcl-2 ratio in HeLa cells, as well as in A2 cells. These results suggested that 4DPG-induced apoptosis might be through a p53-dependent pathway...
- Wang Y, Wang S, Mo S, Li S, Yang Y, Shi J. Phelligridimer A, a highly oxygenated and unsaturated 26-membered macrocyclic metabolite with antioxidant activity from the fungus Phellinus igniarius. Org Lett. 2005;7:4733-6 pubmed..Phelligridimer A showed antioxidant activity (IC50 of 10.2 microM) but was inactive to several human cancer cell lines (IC50 > 50 microM) and enzymes PTP1B (IC50 > 25 microM) and thrombin (IC50 > 10 microM). ..
- Hu D, Liu X, Wang Y, Chen S. Cyclovirobuxine D ameliorates acute myocardial ischemia by K(ATP) channel opening, nitric oxide release and anti-thrombosis. Eur J Pharmacol. 2007;569:103-9 pubmed..In conclusion, the action mechanism of cyclovirobuxine D on myocardial ischemia may be related with its cytoprotection, K(ATP) channel opening, NO generation stimulating and venous thrombosis inhibiting. ..
- Tian L, Zhou Z, Zhang Q, Sun Y, Li C, Cheng C, et al. Protective effect of (+/-) isoborneol against 6-OHDA-induced apoptosis in SH-SY5Y cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2007;20:1019-32 pubmed
- Liu Z, Song X, Xin Y, WANG X, Yu H, Bai Y, et al. Protective effect of chrysoeriol against doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity in vitro. Chin Med J (Engl). 2009;122:2652-6 pubmed..Chrysoeriol could potentially serve as a novel cardioprotective agent against DOX-induced cardiotoxicity without affecting the antitumor activity of DOX. ..
- Yu J, Yin P, Yin J, Liu F, Zhu X, Cheng G, et al. Involvement of ERK1/2 signalling and growth-related molecules' expression in response to heat stress-induced damage in rat jejunum and IEC-6 cells. Int J Hyperthermia. 2010;26:538-55 pubmed publisher..Both growth-related molecule expression and ERK1/2 phosphorylation were involved in response to heat stress. ERK1/2 inhibition exacerbated apoptosis and affected growth factor mRNA expression in heat stress...
- Nie F, Zheng Y, Wei S, Hu C, Yang G. In vitro corrosion, cytotoxicity and hemocompatibility of bulk nanocrystalline pure iron. Biomed Mater. 2010;5:065015 pubmed publisher..A clear size-dependent behavior from the grain nature deduced by the gradual refinement microstructures was given and well-behaved in vitro biocompatibility of nanocrystalline pure iron was concluded. ..
- Li X, Shang B, Wang D, Zhang S, Wu S, Zhen Y. Endostar, a modified recombinant human endostatin, exhibits synergistic effects with dexamethasone on angiogenesis and hepatoma growth. Cancer Lett. 2011;301:212-20 pubmed publisher..The potentiation effects of the combination indicate that Endostar plus dexamethasone might be a positive strategy for cancer therapy. ..
- Li Y, Hu X, Song Y, Lu Z, Ning T, Cai H, et al. Identification of novel alternative splicing variants of interferon regulatory factor 3. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1809:166-75 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest novel splicing variants may function as negative modulators of IRF-3 and may be correlated with pathogenesis of human tumors. ..
- Wang Z, Yang X, Yang S, Ren G, Ferreri M, Su Y, et al. Sodium fluoride suppress proliferation and induce apoptosis through decreased insulin-like growth factor-I expression and oxidative stress in primary cultured mouse osteoblasts. Arch Toxicol. 2011;85:1407-17 pubmed publisher..Our study herein suggested that NaF caused proliferation suppression, and apoptosis may contribute to decrease IGF-I expression and increased oxidative stress damage by NaF in the primary mouse osteoblasts...
- Ding X, Yang J, Wang S. Antisense oligonucleotides targeting abhydrolase domain containing 2 block human hepatitis B virus propagation. Oligonucleotides. 2011;21:77-84 pubmed publisher..Further, data demonstrated an essential role of ABHD2 in HBV propagation, suggesting it can serve as a novel target for anti-HBV drug development. ..
- Dong P, Wan B, Guo L. In vitro toxicity of acid-functionalized single-walled carbon nanotubes: effects on murine macrophages and gene expression profiling. Nanotoxicology. 2012;6:288-303 pubmed publisher..The gene expression study excluded the interference of metallic impurities and suggested similar toxic mechanism to that of ultra-fine particulate matters. ..
- Zhou Z, Zhang L, Liu H, Zhang Q, Liu B, Ai P, et al. Photocytotoxicity of hypocrellin B (HB) was enhanced by liposomalization in vitro. Int J Toxicol. 2011;30:174-80 pubmed publisher..The encapsulation of HB influenced the cell death pathway by an increased rate of necrotic cells after irradiation versus free HB, and a Type II (singlet oxygen) mechanism was responsible for the photocytotoxicity. ..
- Bai C, Wang D, Jin D, Li C, Guan W, Ma Y. Establishment and biological characteristics of a Jingning chicken embryonic fibroblast bank. Eur J Histochem. 2011;55:e4 pubmed publisher..This work succeeded not only in preserving the genetic resources of Jingning chicken, but it also established a new protocol to preserve endangered animal breeds. ..
- Yang J, Yang X, Liu Z, Hu S, Du Z, Feng L, et al. Transplantation of adipose tissue-derived stem cells overexpressing heme oxygenase-1 improves functions and remodeling of infarcted myocardium in rabbits. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2012;226:231-41 pubmed..These data suggest that the transplantation of autologous ADSCs combined with HO-1 transduction is a feasible and efficacious method for improving infarcted myocardium. ..
- Wang S, Shi Q, Xu Y, Xie W, Zhang J, Tian C, et al. Protein disulfide isomerase regulates endoplasmic reticulum stress and the apoptotic process during prion infection and PrP mutant-induced cytotoxicity. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38221 pubmed publisher..SNO-PDI may feed as an accomplice for PDI apoptosis. ..
- Meng L, Jiang A, Chen R, Li C, Wang L, Qu Y, et al. Inhibitory effects of multiwall carbon nanotubes with high iron impurity on viability and neuronal differentiation in cultured PC12 cells. Toxicology. 2013;313:49-58 pubmed publisher..These findings provide useful information for understanding the toxicity and safe application of carbon nanotubes. ..
- Li X, Chen X, Ou W, Zhang Q, Lv Z, Zhan Y, et al. Knockdown of creatine kinase B inhibits ovarian cancer progression by decreasing glycolysis. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2013;45:979-86 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that CKB depletion/inhibition in combination with chemotherapeutic agents might have synergistic effects in ovarian cancer therapy. ..
- Qiao Z, Ji R, Huang X, Du F, Zhang R, Liang D, et al. Polymersomes from dual responsive block copolymers: drug encapsulation by heating and acid-triggered release. Biomacromolecules. 2013;14:1555-63 pubmed publisher..Finally, the DOX-loaded assemblies display concentration-dependent cytotoxicity to HepG2 cells, while the copolymers themselves are nontoxic. ..