Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell division in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: cell division
Publications121 found, 100 shown here
- Wang S, Hu J, Guo X, Liu J, Gao S. ADP-ribosylation factor 1 regulates asymmetric cell division in female meiosis in the mouse. Biol Reprod. 2009;80:555-62 pubmed publisher..Rotation of the MII spindle for 90 degrees was prohibited in ARF1(T31N)-expressing MII oocytes. Taken together, our results suggest that ARF1 plays an essential role in regulating asymmetric cell division in female meiosis. ..
- Zhang M, Hu Y, Jia J, Li D, Zhang R, Gao H, et al. CDP1, a novel component of chloroplast division site positioning system in Arabidopsis. Cell Res. 2009;19:877-86 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results indicate that AtCDP1 is a novel component of the chloroplast division site positioning system, and the working mechanism of this system is different from that of the traditional MinCDE system in prokaryotic cells. ..
- Duan H, Bin P, Liu Q, Wang Y, Niu Y, Liu Q, et al. [Cytotoxicity and genomic damage of benzo[a]pyrene in gene transformed cell model]. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2010;44:314-8 pubmed..33 +/- 1.16) per thousand, (3.67 +/- 1.16) per thousand, respectively). The genetic damages were more severe after treated with activated B(a)P, which may be induced by decreased NDI, increased necrotic cells and inhibition of apoptosis. ..
- Ma J, Wang S, Zhao M, Deng X, Lee C, Yu X, et al. Therapeutic potential of cladribine in combination with STAT3 inhibitor against multiple myeloma. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:255 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that MM patients with the features of MM1.S cells may particularly benefit from cladribine monotherapy, whereas cladribine in combination with STAT3 inhibitor exerts a broader therapeutic potential against MM. ..
- Wang D, Liang J, Zhang Y, Gui B, Wang F, Yi X, et al. Steroid receptor coactivator-interacting protein (SIP) inhibits caspase-independent apoptosis by preventing apoptosis-inducing factor (AIF) from being released from mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:12612-21 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate that SIP is a novel regulator in caspase-independent and AIF-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Wang H, Ng T. Isolation of cicadin, a novel and potent antifungal peptide from dried juvenile cicadas. Peptides. 2002;23:7-11 pubmed..Cicadin suppressed the activity of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase and stimulated the proliferation of murine splenocytes. ..
- Huang Z, Li J, Jiang Z, Qi Y, Tang C, Du J. Effects of adrenomedullin, C-type natriuretic peptide, and parathyroid hormone-related peptide on calcification in cultured rat vascular smooth muscle cells. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2003;42:89-97 pubmed..This study could be of help in understanding the pathogenesis of vascular calcification, and providing new target for clinical treatment of cardiovascular diseases associated with vascular calcification. ..
- Meng X, Fan H, Zhong Z, Zhang G, Li Y, Chen D, et al. Localization of gamma-tubulin in mouse eggs during meiotic maturation, fertilization, and early embryonic development. J Reprod Dev. 2004;50:97-105 pubmed..Our results suggest that gamma-tubulin is essential for microtubule nucleation and spindle formation during mouse oocyte meiosis, fertilization, and early embryo cleavage. ..
- Quan H, Fan H, Meng X, Huo L, Chen D, Schatten H, et al. Effects of PKC activation on the meiotic maturation, fertilization and early embryonic development of mouse oocytes. Zygote. 2003;11:329-37 pubmed..All these results suggest that PKC has multiple functional roles in the cell cycle progression of mouse oocytes and embryos. ..
- Yi F, Guo Z, Zhang L, Yu J, Li Q. Soluble eggshell membrane protein: preparation, characterization and biocompatibility. Biomaterials. 2004;25:4591-9 pubmed..The biocompatibility of SEP, as demonstrated by cell culture of NIH3T3, is comparable to collagen type I and superior to raw ESM either inside or outside surface. ..
- Shao B, Dai H, Xu W, Lin Z, Gao X. Immune receptors for polysaccharides from Ganoderma lucidum. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;323:133-41 pubmed..Our results may have important implications for our understanding on the molecular mechanisms of immunopotentiating polysaccharides from traditional Chinese medicine...
- Zhang H, Guo Y, Yuan J. Conjugated linoleic acid enhanced the immune function in broiler chicks. Br J Nutr. 2005;94:746-52 pubmed..5 or 10.0 g CLA/kg dietary treatments (P<0.05). The results indicated dietary CLA could enhance the immune response in broiler chicks, but did not alter the growth performance. ..
- Zhang Y, Qian H, Lin C, Lang J, Xiang Y, Fu M, et al. Adenovirus carrying TIMP-3: a potential tool for cervical cancer treatment. Gynecol Oncol. 2008;108:234-40 pubmed..Compared with Ad-TIMP-3 and cDDP groups, tumor growth in Ad-TIMP-3 combined with cDDP group was inhibited more significantly (P<0.05). These findings indicated that Ad-TIMP-3 bear a therapeutic potential for cervical cancer. ..
- Shao S, Liu R, Wang Y, Song Y, Zuo L, Xue L, et al. Centrosomal Nlp is an oncogenic protein that is gene-amplified in human tumors and causes spontaneous tumorigenesis in transgenic mice. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:498-507 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that Nlp abnormalities may contribute to genomic instability and tumorigenesis and suggest that Nlp might serve as a potential biomarker for clinical diagnosis and therapeutic target. ..
- Zhao P, Qiao J, Huang S, Zhang Y, Liu S, Yan L, et al. Gonadotrophin-induced paracrine regulation of human oocyte maturation by BDNF and GDNF secreted by granulosa cells. Hum Reprod. 2011;26:695-702 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that FSH and hCG treatments augment the expression of BDNF and GDNF by granulosa cells and that these granulosa-cell-derived factors are candidate paracrine factors capable of promoting oocyte maturation. ..
- Chen Y, Gu J, Li D, Li S. Time-course network analysis reveals TNF-? can promote G1/S transition of cell cycle in vascular endothelial cells. Bioinformatics. 2012;28:1-4 pubmed publisher..firstname.lastname@example.org Supplementary data are available at Bioinformatics online. ..
- Liu Y, Wang P, Wang Y, Zhu Z, Lao F, Liu X, et al. The influence on cell cycle and cell division by various cadmium-containing quantum dots. Small. 2013;9:2440-51 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this kind of cytotoxicity evaluation method should be applicable to studies of the biological effects and health impacts of other nanomaterials. ..
- Yang G, Zhang C, Liu X, Qian G, Deng D. Effects of cigarette smoke extracts on the growth and senescence of skin fibroblasts in vitro. Int J Biol Sci. 2013;9:613-23 pubmed publisher..Oxidative stress injury and inhibition of antioxidant defense activity may be involved in CSE-induced fibroblast senescence. ..
- Pastor Pareja J, Xu T. Dissecting social cell biology and tumors using Drosophila genetics. Annu Rev Genet. 2013;47:51-74 pubmed publisher..Here, we review recent Drosophila research aimed at understanding tissue-level biology and social cell interactions in tumors, highlighting the principles these studies reveal. ..
- Zhan Y, Liu B, Li D, Bi C. [Mechanism of emodin for anti-fibrosis of liver]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2004;12:245-6 pubmed
- Ruan G, Liu Y, Chen S, Fu J, Chang Y, Qin Y, et al. Effect of antisense VEGF cDNA transfection on the growth of chronic myeloid leukemia K562 cells in vitro and in nude mice. Leuk Res. 2004;28:763-9 pubmed
- Yuan W, Zhu P, Cheng K, Meng C, Ma L, Wu F, et al. Callus of Securinega suffruticosa, a cell line accumulates dextro Securinega alkaloids. Nat Prod Res. 2007;21:234-42 pubmed..Time course studies on the growth of callus cultures were carried out. The effects of different plant growth regulators, sucrose concentrations on callus growth and virosecurinine production were also reported. ..
- Yuan H, Liu D. Functional disruption of the pentatricopeptide protein SLG1 affects mitochondrial RNA editing, plant development, and responses to abiotic stresses in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2012;70:432-44 pubmed publisher..Our functional characterization of the slg1 mutant revealed a putative link between mitochondrial RNA editing and plant responses to abiotic stress. ..
- Huang J, Lin M, Bai Y, Jing D, Wong B, Han S, et al. Ectopic expression of a COOH-terminal fragment of the human telomerase reverse transcriptase leads to telomere dysfunction and reduction of growth and tumorigenicity in HeLa cells. Cancer Res. 2002;62:3226-32 pubmed..Furthermore, hTERTC27 provides a new strategy for cancer therapy by inducing telomere dysfunction in cancer cells without affecting the telomerase enzymatic activity. ..
- Mu R, Cao Y, Liu Y, Lei G, Zou H, Liao Y, et al. An R2R3-type transcription factor gene AtMYB59 regulates root growth and cell cycle progression in Arabidopsis. Cell Res. 2009;19:1291-304 pubmed publisher..AtMYB59 regulates many downstream genes, including the CYCB1;1 gene, probably through binding to MYB-responsive elements. These results support a role for AtMYB59 in cell cycle regulation and plant root growth. ..
- Wang Z, Zhou J, Ju Y, Zhang H, Liu M, Li X. Effects of two saponins extracted from the polygonatum Zanlanscianense pamp on the human leukemia (HL-60) cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2001;24:159-62 pubmed..HL60 cells were induced mainly along the granulocytic lineage. In addition, we have found that dioscin affects many cancer cells. These studies may have important significance in treating related cancers. ..
- Jia X, Yang S, Zhou J, Li S, Ni J, An G, et al. Inhibition of CHK1 kinase by Gö6976 converts 8-chloro-adenosine-induced G2/M arrest into S arrest in human myelocytic leukemia K562 cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2009;77:770-80 pubmed publisher..These observations may provide aid in better understanding of the mechanisms of 8-Cl-cAMP and 8-Cl-Ado actions and in potential design of the combined therapy. ..
- Liu Q, Chen D, Xie L, Zhang R, Wang H. Decitabine, independent of apoptosis, exerts its cytotoxic effects on cell growth in melanoma cells. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2011;32:423-9 pubmed publisher..We provided experimental evidences that the anti-proliferation effect of decitabine on murine K1735M2 melanoma cells was associated predominately with G2/M cell cycle arrest and the induction of differentiation rather than apopotosis. ..
- Wu B, Yao H, Wang S, Xu R. DAPK1 modulates a curcumin-induced G2/M arrest and apoptosis by regulating STAT3, NF-?B, and caspase-3 activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;434:75-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, DAPK1 is involved in curcumin-mediated death pathways. Our data suggest novel mechanisms for curcumin in cancer therapy. ..
- Cao X, Wang J, Wang Z, Du J, Yuan X, Huang W, et al. MicroRNA profiling during rat ventricular maturation: A role for miR-29a in regulating cardiomyocyte cell cycle re-entry. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:1548-55 pubmed publisher..Cyclin D2 (CCND2) was identified as a direct target of microRNA-29a. These findings indicate that microRNA-29a is involved in cardiomyocyte proliferation during postnatal development. ..
- Yang X, Wang Y, Jiang W, Liu X, Zhang X, Yu H, et al. Characterization and expression profiling of cucumber kinesin genes during early fruit development: revealing the roles of kinesins in exponential cell production and enlargement in cucumber fruit. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:4541-57 pubmed publisher..The results strongly suggest that specific fruit-enriched kinesins are specialized in their functions in rapid cell division and expansion during cucumber fruit development. ..
- Wang H, Ng T, Liu Q. A novel lectin from the wild mushroom Polyporus adusta. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;307:535-9 pubmed..FeCl(3) at 10mM caused the hemagglutinating activity to increase by 100%, but it did not change the lectin activity when tested at lower concentrations up to 5mM. ..
- Fu C, Cheng L, Lv X, Zhao D, Ma F. Methyl jasmonate stimulates jaceosidin and hispidulin production in cell cultures of Saussurea medusa. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2006;134:89-96 pubmed
- Chen L, Zhang Q, Chen G, QIAN Y, SHI B, Dong J. Rapamycin inhibits cholangiocyte regeneration by blocking interleukin-6-induced activation of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 after liver transplantation. Liver Transpl. 2010;16:204-14 pubmed publisher..Insights gained from this study will be helpful in designing therapy using rapamycin in clinical patients after liver transplantation. ..
- Li J, Xu Y, Chong K. The novel functions of kinesin motor proteins in plants. Protoplasma. 2012;249 Suppl 2:S95-100 pubmed publisher..Here, we review a novel function of kinesins with transcription activation activity in regulating gibberellin biosynthesis and cell growth. These findings will open exciting new areas of kinesin research. ..
- Yu G, Donath K. Adenomatous ductal proliferation of the salivary gland. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2001;91:215-21 pubmed..The objective of this study is to report a series of patients with adenomatous ductal proliferation of the salivary gland and to investigate the nature and histogenesis of this process...
- Zhao K, Deng Y, Chun Chen J, Chen G. Polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA) scaffolds with good mechanical properties and biocompatibility. Biomaterials. 2003;24:1041-5 pubmed..67. This suggested that the chondrocyte cells grown on PHBHHx/PHB scaffolds presented effective physiological function for generation of cartilage...
- Chen H, Li D, Chang B, Gong L, Dai J, Yi G. Effects of Chinese herbal polysaccharides on the immunity and growth performance of young broilers. Poult Sci. 2003;82:364-70 pubmed..Achyranthan showed immunostimulating effects in both the growth assay and in vitro studies. Therefore, ACH may be a Chinese herbal polysaccharide that has the potential to be used as a feed additive to improve broilers' immunity. ..
- Zhao X, Zhang L, Zhang C, Zeng X, Yan H, Jin H, et al. Regulatory effect of hydrogen sulfide on vascular collagen content in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Hypertens Res. 2008;31:1619-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, in SHRs, which demonstrated vascular remodeling and collagen accumulation, the endogenous H2S pathway is involved in the regulation of excess vascular collagen. ..
- Li X, Chen J, Deng M, Wang F, Du Z, Zhang J. Zinc finger protein HZF1 promotes K562 cell proliferation by interacting with and inhibiting INCA1. Mol Med Rep. 2011;4:1131-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results identified novel functions of the HZF1 gene and revealed a possible mechanism through which HZF1 affects K562 cell proliferation. ..
- Zhao Z, Liu Z, Du J, Xu G, Feng X. A Dynamic Biochemomechanical Model of Geometry-Confined Cell Spreading. Biophys J. 2017;112:2377-2386 pubmed publisher..This work sheds light on the geometry-confined spreading dynamics of cells and holds potential applications in regulating cell division and designing cell-based sensors. ..
- Yu W, Li X, She H, He P, Dong J, Rui M, et al. Gene transfer of kringle 5 of plasminogen by electroporation inhibits corneal neovascularization. Ophthalmic Res. 2003;35:239-46 pubmed..In a rat model, K5 gene transfer by subconjunctival injection and electroporation can effectively inhibit corneal neovascularization induced by an alkali burn. ..
- Gu Y, Zhang H, Zhang H, Li S, Ni J, Jia H. 8-Chloro-adenosine inhibits growth at least partly by interfering with actin polymerization in cultured human lung cancer cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2006;72:541-50 pubmed..Therefore, our data suggest that 8-Cl-Ado may exert its cytotoxicity at least partly by interfering with the dynamic instability of microfilaments, which may correlate with its inhibitory effects on cell proliferation and cell death. ..
- Feng H, Chen Q, Feng J, Zhang J, Yang X, Zuo J. Functional characterization of the Arabidopsis eukaryotic translation initiation factor 5A-2 that plays a crucial role in plant growth and development by regulating cell division, cell growth, and cell death. Plant Physiol. 2007;144:1531-45 pubmed..We propose that FBR12/eIF-5A-2 is fundamental for plant growth and development by regulating cell division, cell growth, and cell death. ..
- Zhang C, Teng L, Shi Y, Jin J, Xue Y, Shang K, et al. Effect of emodin on proliferation and differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocyte and FAS activity. Chin Med J (Engl). 2002;115:1035-8 pubmed..The effects of emodin on 3T3-L1 cell's proliferation and differentiation are dose dependent. Emodin inhibits the activity of FAS. Our results suggest that emodin should have a potential to serve as a fat-reducing drug. ..
- Guangdong S, Jianlu D, Yiguang W. Construction and physiological studies on a stable bioengineered strain of shengjimycin. J Antibiot (Tokyo). 2001;54:66-73 pubmed..spiramyceticus F21/pIJ680(311) as shown by HPLC analysis. Physiological studies indicated that increase of the VDH ( valine dehydrogenase ) and LDH ( leucine dehydrogenase ) activities of WSJ-1 may be involved in this improvement. ..
- Huang Y, Zhen Y. [Rhein induces apoptosis in cancer cells and shows synergy with mitomycin]. Yao Xue Xue Bao. 2001;36:334-8 pubmed..0% at 96 h. The combination of rhein and MMC enhanced the induction of apoptosis significantly. These results suggest that rhein, as a biochemical modulator, might be potentially useful in cancer chemotherapy. ..
- Ji S, Lu Y, Feng J, Wei G, Li J, Shi Y, et al. Isolation and analyses of genes preferentially expressed during early cotton fiber development by subtractive PCR and cDNA array. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:2534-43 pubmed..This report constitutes the first systematic analysis of genes involved in cotton fiber development. Our results suggest that a concerted mechanism involving multiple cellular pathways is responsible for cotton fiber elongation. ..
- Lv Q, Wang W, Xue J, Hua F, Mu R, Lin H, et al. DEDD interacts with PI3KC3 to activate autophagy and attenuate epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2012;72:3238-50 pubmed publisher..DEDD expression therefore may represent a prognostic marker and potential therapeutic target for the prevention and treatment of cancer metastasis. ..
- Yang F, Yi F, Han X, Du Q, Liang Z. MALAT-1 interacts with hnRNP C in cell cycle regulation. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:3175-81 pubmed publisher..In addition to characterize the physiological interaction between MALAT-1 and hnRNP C, our study also highlights the role of MALAT-1 in cell cycle regulation. ..
- Wang J, Ma J, Dong L, Hou Y, Jia X, Niu X, et al. Effect of anatase TiO2 nanoparticles on the growth of RSC-364 rat synovial cell. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013;13:3874-9 pubmed..These preliminary results indicate the oxidative stress injury and cytotoxicity of anatase TiO2 NPs on rat synovial cells. The reasonable and safe application of nanomaterials in artificial implants needs further study. ..
- Pan Z, Zhang W, Wu Y, Sun B. Transplantation of corneal stem cells cultured on amniotic membrane for corneal burn: experimental and clinical study. Chin Med J (Engl). 2002;115:767-9 pubmed..To investigate the proliferation and differentiation of cultured corneal stem cells and determine the effect of corneal stem cells cultured on amniotic membranes on the limbal area for treating corneal burns...
- Liu B, Sun Y, Jiang F, Zhang S, Wu Y, Lan Y, et al. Disruption of Smad5 gene leads to enhanced proliferation of high-proliferative potential precursors during embryonic hematopoiesis. Blood. 2003;101:124-33 pubmed..Together, these data define an important function of SMAD5 in negative regulation of high-proliferative potential precursors during embryonic hematopoiesis. ..
- Gao H, Jin S, Song Y, Fu M, Wang M, Liu Z, et al. B23 regulates GADD45a nuclear translocation and contributes to GADD45a-induced cell cycle G2-M arrest. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:10988-96 pubmed..These findings demonstrate a novel association of B23 and Gadd45a and implicate B23 as an important regulator in Gadd45a nuclear import. ..
- Deng H, Xia D, Fang B, Zhang H. The Flightless I homolog, fli-1, regulates anterior/posterior polarity, asymmetric cell division and ovulation during Caenorhabditis elegans development. Genetics. 2007;177:847-60 pubmed..Furthermore, the function of fli-1 in C. elegans can be functionally substituted by the Drosophila Fli I. Our studies demonstrate that fli-1 plays an important role in regulating the actin-dependent events during C. elegans development. ..
- Zhao R, Xuan Y, Li X, Xi R. Age-related changes of germline stem cell activity, niche signaling activity and egg production in Drosophila. Aging Cell. 2008;7:344-54 pubmed publisher..We suggest that niche functional decay may be an important mechanism for stem cell aging and system failure. ..
- Wang Y, Li J, Cui Y, Li T, Ng K, Geng H, et al. CMTM3, located at the critical tumor suppressor locus 16q22.1, is silenced by CpG methylation in carcinomas and inhibits tumor cell growth through inducing apoptosis. Cancer Res. 2009;69:5194-201 pubmed publisher..Thus, CMTM3 exerts tumor-suppressive functions in tumor cells, with frequent epigenetic inactivation by promoter CpG methylation in common carcinomas. ..
- Li C, Cao S, Liu Z, Ye X, Chen L, Meng S. RNAi-mediated downregulation of uPAR synergizes with targeting of HER2 through the ERK pathway in breast cancer cells. Int J Cancer. 2010;127:1507-16 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, targeting HER2 and uPAR has a synergistic inhibitory effect on breast cancer cells. Our results provide evidence that simultaneous downregulation of HER2 and uPAR may offer an effective tool for breast cancer therapy. ..
- Cai C, Li Y, Shen Y, Ren H. Cortical microtubule labeling: insight of AFH14 in non-dividing cells. Plant Signal Behav. 2010;5:1619-22 pubmed..These data suggest that FH1FH2 domain may lead AFH14 function on cortical microtubules in non-dividing cells, and FH1FH2-RFP may be utilized as a microtubule reporter protein in living onion epidermal cells. ..
- Wang X, Wang K, Han L, Zhang A, Shi Z, Zhang K, et al. PRDM1 is directly targeted by miR-30a-5p and modulates the Wnt/?-catenin pathway in a Dkk1-dependent manner during glioma growth. Cancer Lett. 2013;331:211-9 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that PRDM1 deficiency contributes to the phenotype maintenance and pathogenesis of gliomas. ..
- Niu Q, Liang Y, Zhou J, Dou X, Gao S, Chen L, et al. Pollen-expressed transcription factor 2 encodes a novel plant-specific TFIIB-related protein that is required for pollen germination and embryogenesis in Arabidopsis. Mol Plant. 2013;6:1091-108 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PTF2 plays crucial roles in pollen germination and embryogenesis in Arabidopsis, possibly by regulating gene expression through interaction with TBP2 and the subunits of RNAPs. ..
- Hu Y, Bao F, Li J. Promotive effect of brassinosteroids on cell division involves a distinct CycD3-induction pathway in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2000;24:693-701 pubmed..Induction was also found to occur in cells of a BR-insensitive mutant, bri1, suggesting that BR induces CycD3 transcription through a previously unknown signal pathway in plants. ..
- Sun L, Cai H, Xu W, Hu Y, Lin Z. CaMV 35S promoter directs beta-glucuronidase expression in Ganoderma lucidum and Pleurotus citrinopileatus. Mol Biotechnol. 2002;20:239-44 pubmed..This is the first report on the application of CaMV 35S promoter in genetic modification of mushrooms. ..
- Li F, Cheng X, Liang X, Wang X, Xue B, He Q, et al. Neurotrophic and neuroprotective effects of tripchlorolide, an extract of Chinese herb Tripterygium wilfordii Hook F, on dopaminergic neurons. Exp Neurol. 2003;179:28-37 pubmed..The underlying mechanism may be relevant to its neurotrophic effect and its efficacy in stimulating the expression of BDNF...
- Wang H, Kong J, Ding F, Wang X, Wang M, Liu L, et al. Analysis of gene expression profile induced by EMP-1 in esophageal cancer cells using cDNA Microarray. World J Gastroenterol. 2003;9:392-8 pubmed..The cDNA microarray analysis suggested that EMP-1 may be one of regulators involved in cell signaling, cell communication and adhesion regulators. ..
- Ge F, Yuan X, Wang X, Zhao B, Wang Y. Cell growth and shikonin production of Arnebia euchroma in a periodically submerged airlift bioreactor. Biotechnol Lett. 2006;28:525-9 pubmed..Under the optimal submerged/non-submerged period of 10 min/15 h, the shikonin content (4.6%, w/w) and, cell dry mass (16.8 g/l) were 229 and 26% higher than those in suspension culture...
- Zhang B, Liu R, Shi D, Liu X, Chen Y, Dou X, et al. Mesenchymal stem cells induce mature dendritic cells into a novel Jagged-2-dependent regulatory dendritic cell population. Blood. 2009;113:46-57 pubmed publisher..These results further support the role of MSCs in preventing rejection in organ transplantation and treatment of autoimmune disease. ..
- Lin Y, Zhen Y, Zhao Y, Wei J, Hu G. Rhein lysinate induced S-phase arrest and increased the anti-tumor activity of 5-FU in HeLa cells. Am J Chin Med. 2011;39:817-25 pubmed..Moreover, 80 ?M RHL could increase 5-FU anti-tumor activity. In conclusion, RHL could be a novel chemotherapeutic drug candidate for the treatment of human cervix cancer in the future. ..
- Zhang D, Wang X, Wang M, Li J, Guo X, Chong K, et al. Ectopic expression of WUS in hypocotyl promotes cell division via GRP23 in Arabidopsis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75773 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest that ectopic expression of WUS in hypocotyl controls cell division through its target gene GRP23. ..
- Li M, Li P, Yang F, He S, Du G, Li G. The intracellular mechanism of alpha-fetoprotein promoting the proliferation of NIH 3T3 cells. Cell Res. 2002;12:151-6 pubmed..The effect of AFP on the cell proliferation was achieved by binding its receptor to trigger the signal transduction pathway of cAMP-PKA and alter the expression of K- ras p21 gene. ..
- Wang Y, Zhao M, Zhang Y, Li X, Wang H. Binding capacity and pathophysiological effects of IgA1 from patients with IgA nephropathy on human glomerular mesangial cells. Clin Exp Immunol. 2004;136:168-75 pubmed..This suggests that direct interaction between IgA1 and HMC and subsequential pathophysiological responses may play an important role in the pathogenesis for IgAN...
- Li H, Guo Y, Teng J, Ding M, Yu A, Chen J. 14-3-3gamma affects dynamics and integrity of glial filaments by binding to phosphorylated GFAP. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:4452-61 pubmed..This data demonstrates that 14-3-3gamma contributes to the regulation of dynamics of GFAP filaments, which may contribute to the stability of the cytoskeleton and the mechanisms of central nervous system neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Peng B, Hu Q, Liu X, Wang L, Chang Q, Li J, et al. Duchesnea phenolic fraction inhibits in vitro and in vivo growth of cervical cancer through induction of apoptosis and cell cycle arrest. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2009;234:74-83 pubmed publisher..All together, these data sustain our contention that DPF has anticancer properties and merits further investigation as a potential therapeutic agent. ..
- Hu Z, Qin Z, Wang M, Xu C, Feng G, Liu J, et al. The Arabidopsis SMO2, a homologue of yeast TRM112, modulates progression of cell division during organ growth. Plant J. 2010;61:600-10 pubmed publisher..Taken together we postulate that Arabidopsis SMO2 is a conserved yeast TRM112 homologue and SMO2-mediated cellular events are required for proper progression of cell division in plant growth and development. ..
- Li F, Yin J, Ni J, Liu L, Zhang H, Du M. Chloride intracellular channel 5 modulates adipocyte accumulation in skeletal muscle by inhibiting preadipocyte differentiation. J Cell Biochem. 2010;110:1013-21 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that CLIC5 might be a crucial regulator of adipose accumulation in skeletal muscle of pigs. ..
- Yao N, Yang B, Liu Y, Tan X, Lu C, Yuan X, et al. Follicle-stimulating hormone regulation of microRNA expression on progesterone production in cultured rat granulosa cells. Endocrine. 2010;38:158-66 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results pointed to a novel mechanism for the pleiotropic effects of FSH. ..
- Xie P, Li L, Xing G, Tian C, Yin Y, He F, et al. ATM-mediated NuSAP phosphorylation induces mitotic arrest. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;404:413-8 pubmed publisher..The phosphorylation and interaction occur specifically at G2/M-phase. Collectively, our work has uncovered an ATM-dependent checkpoint pathway that prevents mitotic progression by targeting a microtubule-associated protein, NuSAP. ..
- Peng Y, Ma W, Chen L, Yang L, Li S, Zhao H, et al. Control of root meristem size by DA1-RELATED PROTEIN2 in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2013;161:1542-56 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings identify the role of DAR2 in root meristem size control and provide a novel link between several key regulators influencing root meristem size...
- Sun X, Zhang H, Wang D, Ma D, Shen Y, Shang Y. DLP, a novel Dim1 family protein implicated in pre-mRNA splicing and cell cycle progression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:32839-47 pubmed..Collectively, our experiments indicated that DLP is implicated in not only cell cycle progression but also in a more specific molecular process such as pre-mRNA splicing. ..
- Li Z, Chen X, Xie Y, Shi S, Feng Z, Fu B, et al. Expression and significance of integrin-linked kinase in cultured cells, normal tissue, and diseased tissue of aging rat kidneys. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2004;59:984-96 pubmed..The results suggest that ILK may be involved in the fibrotic or senescent process in the aging kidney. ..
- Xin H, Xu X, Li L, Ning H, Rong Y, Shang Y, et al. CHIP controls the sensitivity of transforming growth factor-beta signaling by modulating the basal level of Smad3 through ubiquitin-mediated degradation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:20842-50 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that CHIP can modulate the sensitivity of the TGF-beta signaling by controlling the basal level of Smad3 through ubiquitin-mediated degradation. ..
- Wang Y, Zhou X, Zhu H, Liu S, Zhou C, Zhang G, et al. Overexpression of EB1 in human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) may promote cellular growth by activating beta-catenin/TCF pathway. Oncogene. 2005;24:6637-45 pubmed..Taken together, these results support the novel hypothesis that EB1 overexpression may play a role in the development of ESCC by affecting APC function and activating the beta-catenin/TCF pathway. ..
- Sun Z, Zhang Y, Cheng S, Ma Q, Guo S, Zhang J. [Anti-tumor effect of ethanol extracts from Thymus quinquecostatus Celak on human leukemia cell line]. Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao. 2005;3:382-5 pubmed..The n-butanol and acetone fractions had no significant inhibiting effect on K562 and HL-60 cells. Ethyl acetate fraction is the major anti-tumor fraction in ethanol extracts from Thymus quinquecostatus Celak. ..
- Li Z, Wang Z, Chen X, Chen X. Inhibitory effect of angiotensin II type 1 receptor-associated protein on vascular smooth muscle cell growth and neointimal formation. Chin Med Sci J. 2007;22:22-6 pubmed..The growth inhibitory effects of ATRAP might be due to interfering with AT1 receptor-mediated activation of ERK in VSMC growth and neointimal formation. ..
- Yang J, Zhao Y, Wu Z, Si Y, Meng Y, Fu X, et al. The single-macro domain protein LRP16 is an essential cofactor of androgen receptor. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2009;16:139-53 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the macro domain protein LRP16 represents a novel type of cofactor of NR. They also indicate that LRP16 plays an essential role in AR transactivation. ..
- Li H, Liu N, Shi D, Liu J, Yang W. YAO is a nucleolar WD40-repeat protein critical for embryogenesis and gametogenesis in Arabidopsis. BMC Plant Biol. 2010;10:169 pubmed publisher..Since YAO is a nucleolar protein and its counterparts in yeast and human are components of the U3 snoRNP complex, we therefore postulate that YAO is most likely involved in rRNA processing in plants as well. ..
- Jia Y, Shi L, Zhou J, Fu C, Chen L, Yuan H, et al. Epimorphin promotes human hepatocellular carcinoma invasion and metastasis through activation of focal adhesion kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase/matrix metalloproteinase-9 axis. Hepatology. 2011;54:1808-18 pubmed publisher..Our results show that EPM, secreted by activated HSCs within HCC stroma, promotes invasion and metastasis of cancer cells by activating MMP-9 expression through the FAK-ERK pathway. ..
- Liu B, Liu Y, Chen J, Wei Z, Yu H, Zhen Y, et al. CARP is a novel caspase recruitment domain containing pro-apoptotic protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;293:1396-404 pubmed..Our results suggest that CARP is a novel CARD-containing pro-apoptotic protein. ..