Experts and Doctors on brucellosis in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
- Jiang H, Wang H, Xu L, Hu G, Ma J, Xiao P, et al. MLVA genotyping of Brucella melitensis and Brucella abortus isolates from different animal species and humans and identification of Brucella suis vaccine strain S2 from cattle in China. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76332 pubmed publisher..MLVA typing could be an essential assay to improve brucellosis surveillance and control programs. ..
- Cui M, Wang T, Xu J, Ke Y, Du X, Yuan X, et al. Impact of Hfq on global gene expression and intracellular survival in Brucella melitensis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71933 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the involvement of Hfq as a key regulator of Brucella gene expression and facilitate our understanding of the role of Hfq in environmental stress adaptation and intracellular survival of B. melitensis. ..
- Wang Z, Niu J, Wang S, Lv Y, Wu Q. In vivo differences in the virulence, pathogenicity, and induced protective immunity of wboA mutants from genetically different parent Brucella spp. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2013;20:174-80 pubmed publisher..and also indicated that future rough vaccine strain development could be promising if suitable parent Brucella strains and/or genes were selected. ..
- Wang Y, Ke Y, Zhen Q, Yuan X, Xu J, Qiu Y, et al. Complete genome sequence of Brucella canis BCB018, a strain isolated from a human patient. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:6697-8 pubmed publisher..Here, we report the draft genome sequence of a Brucella canis isolate, BCB018, isolated from a human patient, providing precious resources for comparative genomics analysis of Brucella field strains...
- Fu S, Xu J, Li X, Xie Y, Qiu Y, Du X, et al. Immunization of mice with recombinant protein CobB or AsnC confers protection against Brucella abortus infection. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29552 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the present study showed that CobB or AsnC protein could be useful antigen candidates for the development of subunit vaccines against brucellosis with adequate immunogenicity and protection efficacy...
- Wang Y, Bai Y, Qu Q, Xu J, Chen Y, Zhong Z, et al. The 16M?vjbR as an ideal live attenuated vaccine candidate for differentiation between Brucella vaccination and infection. Vet Microbiol. 2011;151:354-62 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that 16M?vjbR is an ideal live attenuated vaccine candidate against B. melitensis and deserves further evaluation for vaccine development...
- Yu D, Hu X, Cai H. A combined DNA vaccine encoding BCSP31, SOD, and L7/L12 confers high protection against Brucella abortus 2308 by inducing specific CTL responses. DNA Cell Biol. 2007;26:435-43 pubmed..The success of our combined DNA vaccine in a mouse model suggests its potential efficacy against brucellosis infection in large animals. ..
- Wu Q, Pei J, Turse C, Ficht T. Mariner mutagenesis of Brucella melitensis reveals genes with previously uncharacterized roles in virulence and survival. BMC Microbiol. 2006;6:102 pubmed..melitensis genome. Conjugation was performed efficiently and rapidly in less than one generation in order to minimize the formation of siblings while assuring the highest level of genome coverage...