Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis proteins in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: arabidopsis proteins
Publications323 found, 100 shown here
- Lei G, Shen M, Li Z, Zhang B, Duan K, Wang N, et al. EIN2 regulates salt stress response and interacts with a MA3 domain-containing protein ECIP1 in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Environ. 2011;34:1678-92 pubmed publisher..These studies strengthen that interactions between ECIP1 and EIN2 or ethylene receptors regulate ethylene response and stress response. ..
- Zhang Y, Wu R, Qin G, Chen Z, Gu H, Qu L. Over-expression of WOX1 leads to defects in meristem development and polyamine homeostasis in Arabidopsis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2011;53:493-506 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that WOX1 plays an important role in meristem development in Arabidopsis, possibly via regulation of SAMDC activity and polyamine homeostasis, and/or by regulating CLV3 expression. ..
- Zhang J, Teng C, Liang Y. Programmed cell death may act as a surveillance mechanism to safeguard male gametophyte development in Arabidopsis. Protein Cell. 2011;2:837-44 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that PCD may act as a general mechanism to safeguard the entire process of male gametophyte development. ..
- Zheng Y, Schumaker K, Guo Y. Sumoylation of transcription factor MYB30 by the small ubiquitin-like modifier E3 ligase SIZ1 mediates abscisic acid response in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:12822-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that coordination of ABI5 and MYB30 sumoylation by SIZ1 may balance gene expression, which is required for regulation of ABA signaling during seed germination. ..
- Yao D, Wei Q, Xu W, Syrenne R, Yuan J, Su Z. Comparative genomic analysis of NAC transcriptional factors to dissect the regulatory mechanisms for cell wall biosynthesis. BMC Bioinformatics. 2012;13 Suppl 15:S10 pubmed publisher..Our work might benefit to elucidate the possible molecular mechanism underlying the regulation network of secondary cell wall biosynthesis. ..
- Zhang C, Zhou J, Liu J, Ma Z, Zhang S, Dou K, et al. The splicing machinery promotes RNA-directed DNA methylation and transcriptional silencing in Arabidopsis. EMBO J. 2013;32:1128-40 pubmed publisher..We propose that the splicing machinery rather than specific splicing factors is involved in promoting RdDM and transcriptional silencing. ..
- Liu X, Qin T, Ma Q, Sun J, Liu Z, Yuan M, et al. Light-regulated hypocotyl elongation involves proteasome-dependent degradation of the microtubule regulatory protein WDL3 in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:1740-55 pubmed publisher..Therefore, a ubiquitin-26S proteasome-dependent mechanism regulates the levels of WDL3 in response to light to modulate hypocotyl cell elongation. ..
- Jiang W, Yin Q, Wu R, Zheng G, Liu J, Dixon R, et al. Role of a chalcone isomerase-like protein in flavonoid biosynthesis in Arabidopsis thaliana. J Exp Bot. 2015;66:7165-79 pubmed publisher..Based on these genetic and metabolic studies, it is concluded that CHIL functions with TT5 to promote flavonoid production, which is a unique enhancer in the flavonoid pathway. ..
- Huo H, Wei S, Bradford K. DELAY OF GERMINATION1 (DOG1) regulates both seed dormancy and flowering time through microRNA pathways. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E2199-206 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a previously unknown linkage between two critical developmental phase transitions in the plant life cycle through a DOG1-miR156-miR172 interaction. ..
- Xu L, Liu F, Lechner E, Genschik P, Crosby W, Ma H, et al. The SCF(COI1) ubiquitin-ligase complexes are required for jasmonate response in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2002;14:1919-35 pubmed..These results suggest that the COI1-mediated JA response is dependent on the SCF(COI1) complexes in Arabidopsis and that the AXR1-dependent modification of the AtCUL1 subunit of SCF(COI1) complexes is important for JA signaling. ..
- Ni C, Wang H, Xu T, Qu Z, Liu G. AtKP1, a kinesin-like protein, mainly localizes to mitochondria in Arabidopsis thaliana. Cell Res. 2005;15:725-33 pubmed..The AtKP1 protein could not be released following a 0.6 M KI washing, indicating that AtKP1 is tightly bind to mitochondria and might function associated with this kind of organelles. ..
- Shen Y, Feng S, Ma L, Lin R, Qu L, Chen Z, et al. Arabidopsis FHY1 protein stability is regulated by light via phytochrome A and 26S proteasome. Plant Physiol. 2005;139:1234-43 pubmed
- Mao P, Duan M, Wei C, Li Y. WRKY62 transcription factor acts downstream of cytosolic NPR1 and negatively regulates jasmonate-responsive gene expression. Plant Cell Physiol. 2007;48:833-42 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that WRKY62 acts downstream of cytosolic NPR1 and negatively regulates JA-responsive gene expression, suggesting that WRKY62 may be involved in the SA-mediated suppression of JA signaling. ..
- Zhang M, Hu Y, Jia J, Gao H, He Y. A plant MinD homologue rescues Escherichia coli HL1 mutant (DeltaMinDE) in the absence of MinE. BMC Microbiol. 2009;9:101 pubmed publisher..Similar to the MinD in Bacillus subtilis, AtMinD is localized to the polar region in E. coli and interacts with EcMinC to confine EcFtsZ polymerization and cell division at the midpoint of the cell. ..
- Ye J, Zheng Y, Yan A, Chen N, Wang Z, Huang S, et al. Arabidopsis formin3 directs the formation of actin cables and polarized growth in pollen tubes. Plant Cell. 2009;21:3868-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, AFH3 regulates the formation of actin cables, which are important for cytoplasmic streaming and polarized growth in pollen tubes. ..
- Chen H, Huang X, Gusmaroli G, Terzaghi W, Lau O, Yanagawa Y, et al. Arabidopsis CULLIN4-damaged DNA binding protein 1 interacts with CONSTITUTIVELY PHOTOMORPHOGENIC1-SUPPRESSOR OF PHYA complexes to regulate photomorphogenesis and flowering time. Plant Cell. 2010;22:108-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, a series of CUL4-DDB1-COP1-SPA E3 ligase complexes may mediate the repression of photomorphogenesis and, possibly, of flowering time. ..
- Dong C, Liu J. The Arabidopsis EAR-motif-containing protein RAP2.1 functions as an active transcriptional repressor to keep stress responses under tight control. BMC Plant Biol. 2010;10:47 pubmed publisher..It appears that RAP2.1 acts as a negative "subregulon" of DREB-type activators and is involved in the precise regulation of expression of stress-related genes, acting to keep stress responses under tight control. ..
- Li H, Jiang H, Bu Q, Zhao Q, Sun J, Xie Q, et al. The Arabidopsis RING finger E3 ligase RHA2b acts additively with RHA2a in regulating abscisic acid signaling and drought response. Plant Physiol. 2011;156:550-63 pubmed publisher..We speculate that RHA2b and RHA2a may have redundant yet distinguishable functions in the regulation of ABA responses. ..
- Zhong X, Dai X, Xv J, Wu H, Liu B, Li H. Cloning and expression analysis of GmGAL1, SOC1 homolog gene in soybean. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:6967-74 pubmed publisher..Ectopic expression of GmGAL1 in Arabidopsis enhanced flowering under long-day condition and partially rescued soc1 late flowering type. ..
- Chen R, Jiang H, Li L, Zhai Q, Qi L, Zhou W, et al. The Arabidopsis mediator subunit MED25 differentially regulates jasmonate and abscisic acid signaling through interacting with the MYC2 and ABI5 transcription factors. Plant Cell. 2012;24:2898-916 pubmed publisher..These results highlight that the MED25 subunit of the Arabidopsis Mediator regulates a wide range of signaling pathways through selectively interacting with specific transcription factors. ..
- Xing Y, Cao Q, Zhang Q, Qin L, Jia W, Zhang J. MKK5 regulates high light-induced gene expression of Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase 1 and 2 in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:1217-27 pubmed publisher..Manipulating MKK5 and thereby up-regulating the levels of CSD1 and CSD2 transcripts can improve plant tolerance to high light stress. ..
- Liu X, Liu S, Feng Y, Liu J, Chen Y, Pham K, et al. Structural insights into the N-terminal GIY-YIG endonuclease activity of Arabidopsis glutaredoxin AtGRXS16 in chloroplasts. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:9565-70 pubmed publisher..These findings unravel a manner of regulation for Grxs and provide insights into the mechanistic link between redox regulation and DNA metabolism in chloroplasts. ..
- Fan L, Hao H, Xue Y, Zhang L, Song K, Ding Z, et al. Dynamic analysis of Arabidopsis AP2 ? subunit reveals a key role in clathrin-mediated endocytosis and plant development. Development. 2013;140:3826-37 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results support an essential role of AP2 ? in the assembly of a functional AP2 complex in plants, which is required for clathrin-mediated endocytosis, polar auxin transport and plant growth regulation...
- Gao Y, Gong X, Cao W, Zhao J, Fu L, Wang X, et al. SAD2 in Arabidopsis functions in trichome initiation through mediating GL3 function and regulating GL1, TTG1 and GL2 expression. J Integr Plant Biol. 2008;50:906-17 pubmed publisher..Analysis of GFP fusions of GL1, GL2, GL3 and TTG1 suggested that these proteins are most likely not direct cargo of SAD2. Our data suggest that SAD2 is involved in trichome initiation by regulating these nuclear genes. ..
- Zhou G, Chang R, Qiu L. Overexpression of soybean ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme gene GmUBC2 confers enhanced drought and salt tolerance through modulating abiotic stress-responsive gene expression in Arabidopsis. Plant Mol Biol. 2010;72:357-67 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that modulation of the ubiquitination pathway could be an effective means of improving salt and drought tolerance in plants through genetic engineering. ..
- Sun X, Fu T, Chen N, Guo J, Ma J, Zou M, et al. The stromal chloroplast Deg7 protease participates in the repair of photosystem II after photoinhibition in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2010;152:1263-73 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Deg proteases on both the stromal and luminal sides of the thylakoid membranes are important for the efficient PSII repair in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana). ..
- Du W, Lin H, Chen S, Wu Y, Zhang J, Fuglsang A, et al. Phosphorylation of SOS3-like calcium-binding proteins by their interacting SOS2-like protein kinases is a common regulatory mechanism in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2011;156:2235-43 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that SCaBP phosphorylation by their interacting PKS kinases is a critical component of the SCaBP-PKS regulatory pathway in Arabidopsis. ..
- Liu J, Guo Y. The alkaline tolerance in Arabidopsis requires stabilizing microfilament partially through inactivation of PKS5 kinase. J Genet Genomics. 2011;38:307-13 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the PKS5 involves in external high pH signal mediated MF depolymerization, and that may be independent of calcium signal. ..
- Wang Y, Wu Y, Tang D. The autophagy gene, ATG18a, plays a negative role in powdery mildew resistance and mildew-induced cell death in Arabidopsis. Plant Signal Behav. 2011;6:1408-10 pubmed..Future work on autophagy in plants will shine light on how autophagy is involved in cell death and defense response in plants. ..
- Zhou H, Zhang F, Ma Z, Huang H, Jiang L, Cai T, et al. Folate polyglutamylation is involved in chromatin silencing by maintaining global DNA methylation and histone H3K9 dimethylation in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2545-59 pubmed publisher..Our study makes an important contribution to understanding the complex interplay among metabolism, development, and epigenetic regulation. ..
- Wang Q, Zhao Y, Luo W, Li R, He Q, Fang X, et al. Single-particle analysis reveals shutoff control of the Arabidopsis ammonium transporter AMT1;3 by clustering and internalization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:13204-9 pubmed publisher..Our results revealed that the clustering and endocytosis of AMT1;3 provides an effective mechanism by which plant cells can avoid accumulation of toxic levels of ammonium by eliminating active AMT1;3 from the plasma membrane. ..
- Li R, Li J, Li S, Qin G, Novak O, Pencík A, et al. ADP1 affects plant architecture by regulating local auxin biosynthesis. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1003954 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that ADP1-mediated regulation of the local auxin level in meristematic regions is an essential determinant for plant architecture maintenance by restraining the outgrowth of lateral organs. ..
- Shi W, Chen X, Wang L, Gong Z, Li S, Li C, et al. Cellular and molecular insight into the inhibition of primary root growth of Arabidopsis induced by peptaibols, a class of linear peptide antibiotics mainly produced by Trichoderma spp. J Exp Bot. 2016;67:2191-205 pubmed publisher..The cellular and molecular insight into the peptaibol-induced inhibition of plant root growth advances our understanding of Trichoderma-plant interactions. ..
- Yi K, Guo C, Chen D, Zhao B, Yang B, Ren H. Cloning and functional characterization of a formin-like protein (AtFH8) from Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2005;138:1071-82 pubmed
- Qin G, Gu H, Zhao Y, Ma Z, Shi G, Yang Y, et al. An indole-3-acetic acid carboxyl methyltransferase regulates Arabidopsis leaf development. Plant Cell. 2005;17:2693-704 pubmed..The identification of IAMT1 and the elucidation of its role in Arabidopsis leaf development have broad implications for auxin-regulated developmental process. ..
- Dong L, Wang L, Zhang Y, Zhang Y, Deng X, Xue Y. An auxin-inducible F-box protein CEGENDUO negatively regulates auxin-mediated lateral root formation in Arabidopsis. Plant Mol Biol. 2006;60:599-615 pubmed..Taken together, our results show that CEG is a novel F-box protein negatively regulating the auxin-mediated lateral root formation in Arabidopsis. ..
- Zhang X, Chen Y, Wang Z, Chen Z, Gu H, Qu L. Constitutive expression of CIR1 (RVE2) affects several circadian-regulated processes and seed germination in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2007;51:512-25 pubmed..These results suggest that CIR1 is possibly part of a regulatory feedback loop that controls a subset of the circadian outputs and modulates the central oscillator. ..
- Yang K, Xia C, Liu X, Dou X, Wang W, Chen L, et al. A mutation in Thermosensitive Male Sterile 1, encoding a heat shock protein with DnaJ and PDI domains, leads to thermosensitive gametophytic male sterility in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2009;57:870-82 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that TMS1 is required for thermotolerance of pollen tubes in Arabidopsis, possibly by functioning as a co-molecular chaperone. ..
- Wei L, Li Y. Distribution of an ankyrin-repeat protein on the endoplasmic reticulum in Arabidopsis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2009;51:140-6 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we suggested that AtANK1 might be involved in endoplasmic reticulum-related protein localization and sorting in plant cells. ..
- Wang M, Xu Q, Yu J, Yuan M. The putative Arabidopsis zinc transporter ZTP29 is involved in the response to salt stress. Plant Mol Biol. 2010;73:467-79 pubmed publisher..These experimental results suggest that ZTP29 is involved in the response to salt stress, perhaps through regulation of zinc levels required to induce the UPR pathway. ..
- Wang L, Hua D, He J, Duan Y, Chen Z, Hong X, et al. Auxin Response Factor2 (ARF2) and its regulated homeodomain gene HB33 mediate abscisic acid response in Arabidopsis. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002172 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ARF2 and HB33 are novel regulators in the ABA signal pathway, which has crosstalk with auxin signal pathway in regulating plant growth. ..
- Yu D, Jiang L, Gong H, Liu C. EMBRYONIC FACTOR 19 encodes a pentatricopeptide repeat protein that is essential for the initiation of zygotic embryogenesis in Arabidopsis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2012;54:55-64 pubmed publisher..This study revealed the critical importance of a PPR protein-mediated mitochondrial function in early embryogenesis. ..
- Zheng J, Chen F, Wang Z, Cao H, Li X, Deng X, et al. A novel role for histone methyltransferase KYP/SUVH4 in the control of Arabidopsis primary seed dormancy. New Phytol. 2012;193:605-16 pubmed publisher..Genetic analysis showed that DOG1 and HUB1 are epistatic to KYP/SUVH4, suggesting that these genes regulate seed dormancy in the same genetic pathway. ..
- Wu H, Chen C, Du J, Liu H, Cui Y, Zhang Y, et al. Co-overexpression FIT with AtbHLH38 or AtbHLH39 in Arabidopsis-enhanced cadmium tolerance via increased cadmium sequestration in roots and improved iron homeostasis of shoots. Plant Physiol. 2012;158:790-800 pubmed publisher..Finally, we showed that maintaining high Fe content in shoots under Cd exposure could alleviate the Cd toxicity. Our results provide new insight to understand the molecular mechanisms of Cd tolerance in plants. ..
- Chen M, Zhang A, Zhang Q, Zhang B, Nan J, Li X, et al. Arabidopsis NMD3 is required for nuclear export of 60S ribosomal subunits and affects secondary cell wall thickening. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35904 pubmed publisher..This new facet is that the nuclear export of 60S ribosomal subunits and the formation of RER may play regulatory roles in coordinating protein synthesis in cytoplasm and transcription in nuclei. ..
- Mu J, Tan H, Hong S, Liang Y, Zuo J. Arabidopsis transcription factor genes NF-YA1, 5, 6, and 9 play redundant roles in male gametogenesis, embryogenesis, and seed development. Mol Plant. 2013;6:188-201 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results provide evidence that NF-YA1, 5, 6, and 9 play redundant roles in male gametophyte development, embryogenesis, seed development, and post-germinative growth. ..
- Wang X, Wu F, Xie Q, Wang H, Wang Y, Yue Y, et al. SKIP is a component of the spliceosome linking alternative splicing and the circadian clock in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2012;24:3278-95 pubmed..Our study addresses a fundamental question on how the mRNA splicing machinery contributes to circadian clock function at a posttranscriptional level. ..
- Liu J, Yang H, Lu Q, Wen X, Chen F, Peng L, et al. PsbP-domain protein1, a nuclear-encoded thylakoid lumenal protein, is essential for photosystem I assembly in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2012;24:4992-5006 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that PPD1 is a PSI assembly factor that assists the proper folding and integration of PsaB and PsaA into the thylakoid membrane. ..
- Xiao J, Zhang H, Xing L, Xu S, Liu H, Chong K, et al. Requirement of histone acetyltransferases HAM1 and HAM2 for epigenetic modification of FLC in regulating flowering in Arabidopsis. J Plant Physiol. 2013;170:444-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, HAM1 and HAM2 may affect flowering time by epigenetic modification of FLC and MAF3/4 chromatins at H4K5 acetylation. ..
- Li J, Mu J, Bai J, Fu F, Zou T, An F, et al. Paraquat Resistant1, a Golgi-localized putative transporter protein, is involved in intracellular transport of paraquat. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:470-83 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a unique mechanism by which paraquat is actively transported into the chloroplast and also provide a practical approach for genetic manipulations of paraquat resistance in crops...
- Liu Z, Shao C, Zhang C, Zhou J, Zhang S, Li L, et al. The SET domain proteins SUVH2 and SUVH9 are required for Pol V occupancy at RNA-directed DNA methylation loci. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1003948 pubmed publisher..We propose that SUVH2 and SUVH9 bind to methylated DNA and facilitate the recruitment of Pol V to RdDM loci by associating with the DDR complex and the MORC complex. ..
- Gong Z, Dong C, Lee H, Zhu J, Xiong L, Gong D, et al. A DEAD box RNA helicase is essential for mRNA export and important for development and stress responses in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2005;17:256-67 pubmed..These results demonstrate an important role of the CRYOPHYTE/LOS4 RNA helicase in mRNA export, plant development, and stress responses. ..
- Ge C, Cui X, Wang Y, Hu Y, Fu Z, Zhang D, et al. BUD2, encoding an S-adenosylmethionine decarboxylase, is required for Arabidopsis growth and development. Cell Res. 2006;16:446-56 pubmed..Our results suggest that polyamines are required for the normal growth and development of higher plants. ..
- Chen A, Zhong N, Qu Z, Wang F, Liu N, Xia G. Root and vascular tissue-specific expression of glycine-rich protein AtGRP9 and its interaction with AtCAD5, a cinnamyl alcohol dehydrogenase, in Arabidopsis thaliana. J Plant Res. 2007;120:337-43 pubmed..These results suggest that AtGRP9 may be involved in lignin synthesis in response to salt stress as a result of its interaction with AtCAD5 in A. thaliana. ..
- Li D, Wang L, Wang M, Xu Y, Luo W, Liu Y, et al. Engineering OsBAK1 gene as a molecular tool to improve rice architecture for high yield. Plant Biotechnol J. 2009;7:791-806 pubmed publisher..Therefore, OsBAK1 is a potential molecular breeding tool for improving rice grain yield by modifying rice architecture...
- Wang C, Gao F, Wu J, Dai J, Wei C, Li Y. Arabidopsis putative deacetylase AtSRT2 regulates basal defense by suppressing PAD4, EDS5 and SID2 expression. Plant Cell Physiol. 2010;51:1291-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that AtSRT2 is a negative regulator of basal defense, possibly by suppressing SA biosynthesis. ..
- Xu Y, Liu R, Yan L, Liu Z, Jiang S, Shen Y, et al. Light-harvesting chlorophyll a/b-binding proteins are required for stomatal response to abscisic acid in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2012;63:1095-106 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that LHCBs play a positive role in guard cell signalling in response to ABA and suggest that they may be involved in ABA signalling partly by modulating ROS homeostasis. ..
- Shen H, Cao K, Wang X. A conserved proline residue in the leucine zipper region of AtbZIP34 and AtbZIP61 in Arabidopsis thaliana interferes with the formation of homodimer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;362:425-30 pubmed..So we speculate that AtbZIP34 and AtbZIP61 may participate in plant development via interacting with other group bZIP transcription factors. ..
- Zhang X, Du P, Lu L, Xiao Q, Wang W, Cao X, et al. Contrasting effects of HC-Pro and 2b viral suppressors from Sugarcane mosaic virus and Tomato aspermy cucumovirus on the accumulation of siRNAs. Virology. 2008;374:351-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, HC-Pro, an RNA silencing suppressor encoded by SCMV, regulates the accumulation of different siRNAs and has more than one target in the RNA silencing pathway...
- Chi W, Ma J, Zhang D, Guo J, Chen F, Lu C, et al. The pentratricopeptide repeat protein DELAYED GREENING1 is involved in the regulation of early chloroplast development and chloroplast gene expression in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2008;147:573-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, DG1 is probably involved in the regulation of plastid-encoded polymerase-dependent chloroplast gene expression during early stages of chloroplast development. ..
- Liu M, Yuan L, Liu N, Shi D, Liu J, Yang W. GAMETOPHYTIC FACTOR 1, involved in pre-mRNA splicing, is essential for megagametogenesis and embryogenesis in Arabidopsis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2009;51:261-71 pubmed publisher..This investigation suggests that GFA1 is involved in mRNA biogenesis through interaction with AtBrr2 and AtPrp8 and functions in megagametogenesis and embryogenesis in plant. ..
- Zhou L, Fu Y, Yang Z. A genome-wide functional characterization of Arabidopsis regulatory calcium sensors in pollen tubes. J Integr Plant Biol. 2009;51:751-61 pubmed publisher..These putative calcium sensors are excellent candidates for the calcium sensors responsible for the regulation of calcium homeostasis and calcium-dependent tip growth and growth oscillation in pollen tubes. ..
- Gong W, He K, Covington M, Dinesh Kumar S, Snyder M, Harmer S, et al. The development of protein microarrays and their applications in DNA-protein and protein-protein interaction analyses of Arabidopsis transcription factors. Mol Plant. 2008;1:27-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, plant TF protein microarrays offer an attractive high-throughput alternative to traditional techniques for TF functional characterization on a global scale. ..
- Yue Y, Zhang M, Zhang J, Duan L, Li Z. Arabidopsis LOS5/ABA3 overexpression in transgenic tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum cv. Xanthi-nc) results in enhanced drought tolerance. Plant Sci. 2011;181:405-11 pubmed publisher..Thus, overexpression of LOS5 in transgenic tobacco can enhance drought tolerance. ..
- Yuan C, Li C, Yan L, Jackson A, Liu Z, Han C, et al. A high throughput barley stripe mosaic virus vector for virus induced gene silencing in monocots and dicots. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26468 pubmed publisher..Our BSMV VIGS system provides substantial advantages in expense, cloning efficiency, ease of manipulation and ability to apply VIGS for high throughput genomics studies...
- Ling Y, Zhang C, Chen T, Hao H, Liu P, Bressan R, et al. Mutation in SUMO E3 ligase, SIZ1, disrupts the mature female gametophyte in Arabidopsis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29470 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that SIZ1 sustains the stability and normal function of the mature female gametophyte which is necessary for pollen tube guidance. ..
- Zhang X, Zhang Q, Xin Q, Yu L, Wang Z, Wu W, et al. Complex structures of the abscisic acid receptor PYL3/RCAR13 reveal a unique regulatory mechanism. Structure. 2012;20:780-90 pubmed publisher..According to different conformations of ligand-bound PYLs, the PYLs family can be divided into three subclasses, among which the trans-dimeric subclass, represented by PYL3, reveals a distinct regulatory mechanism. ..
- Niu L, Lu F, Zhao T, Liu C, Cao X. The enzymatic activity of Arabidopsis protein arginine methyltransferase 10 is essential for flowering time regulation. Protein Cell. 2012;3:450-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that the methyltransferase activity of AtPRMT10 is essential for repressing FLC expression and promoting flowering in Arabidopsis. ..
- Peng Y, Ma W, Chen L, Yang L, Li S, Zhao H, et al. Control of root meristem size by DA1-RELATED PROTEIN2 in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2013;161:1542-56 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings identify the role of DAR2 in root meristem size control and provide a novel link between several key regulators influencing root meristem size...
- Wang J, Yu Y, Zhang Z, Quan R, Zhang H, Ma L, et al. Arabidopsis CSN5B interacts with VTC1 and modulates ascorbic acid synthesis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:625-36 pubmed publisher..Together, our data reveal a regulatory role of CSN5B in light-dark regulation of AsA synthesis. ..
- Guo J, Wei X, Li M, Pan X, Chang W, Liu Z. Structure of the catalytic domain of a state transition kinase homolog from Micromonas algae. Protein Cell. 2013;4:607-19 pubmed publisher..The structural and biochemical data presented here provide a framework for an improved understanding on the role of Stt7/STN7 in photosynthetic acclimation. ..
- Li Y, Chen L, Mu J, Zuo J. LESION SIMULATING DISEASE1 interacts with catalases to regulate hypersensitive cell death in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2013;163:1059-70 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the lsd1-catalase interaction plays an important role in regulating PCD in Arabidopsis. ..
- Chi W, He B, Manavski N, Mao J, Ji D, Lu C, et al. RHON1 mediates a Rho-like activity for transcription termination in plastids of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2014;26:4918-32 pubmed publisher..Our results point to the importance and significance of plastid transcription termination and provide insights into its machinery in an evolutionary context. ..
- Yu J, Zhang Y, Di C, Zhang Q, Zhang K, Wang C, et al. JAZ7 negatively regulates dark-induced leaf senescence in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2016;67:751-62 pubmed publisher..In summary, our genetic and transcriptomic studies established the JAZ7 protein as an important regulator in dark-induced leaf senescence. ..
- Sun X, Peng L, Guo J, Chi W, Ma J, Lu C, et al. Formation of DEG5 and DEG8 complexes and their involvement in the degradation of photodamaged photosystem II reaction center D1 protein in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1347-61 pubmed..Therefore, our results suggest that DEG5 and DEG8 have a synergistic function in the primary cleavage of the CD loop of the PSII reaction center protein D1. ..
- Wang M, Gu D, Liu T, Wang Z, Guo X, Hou W, et al. Overexpression of a putative maize calcineurin B-like protein in Arabidopsis confers salt tolerance. Plant Mol Biol. 2007;65:733-46 pubmed..This study has identified a putative maize CBL gene which functions in the salt stress-elicited calcium signaling and thus in the tolerance to salinity. ..
- Bu Q, Li H, Zhao Q, Jiang H, Zhai Q, Zhang J, et al. The Arabidopsis RING finger E3 ligase RHA2a is a novel positive regulator of abscisic acid signaling during seed germination and early seedling development. Plant Physiol. 2009;150:463-81 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that the E3 ligase RHA2a is an important regulator of ABA signaling during seed germination and early seedling development. ..
- Zhou J, Liang Y, Niu Q, Chen L, Zhang X, Ye D. The Arabidopsis general transcription factor TFIIB1 (AtTFIIB1) is required for pollen tube growth and endosperm development. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:2205-18 pubmed publisher..All these results suggest that AtTFIIB1 plays important roles in pollen tube growth, guidance, and reception as well as endosperm development and is partially functionally different from AtTFIIB2 and AtTFIIB3/AtpBRP2. ..
- Cheng F, Mandáková T, Wu J, Xie Q, Lysak M, Wang X. Deciphering the diploid ancestral genome of the Mesohexaploid Brassica rapa. Plant Cell. 2013;25:1541-54 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, via interspecies genome comparison, we refined intervals for seven of the genomic blocks of the Ancestral Crucifer Karyotype (n = 8), thus revising the key reference genome for evolutionary genomics of crucifers. ..
- Niu Q, Liang Y, Zhou J, Dou X, Gao S, Chen L, et al. Pollen-expressed transcription factor 2 encodes a novel plant-specific TFIIB-related protein that is required for pollen germination and embryogenesis in Arabidopsis. Mol Plant. 2013;6:1091-108 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PTF2 plays crucial roles in pollen germination and embryogenesis in Arabidopsis, possibly by regulating gene expression through interaction with TBP2 and the subunits of RNAPs. ..
- Chen X, Yao Q, Gao X, Jiang C, Harberd N, Fu X. Shoot-to-Root Mobile Transcription Factor HY5 Coordinates Plant Carbon and Nitrogen Acquisition. Curr Biol. 2016;26:640-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, mobile HY5 coordinates light-responsive carbon and nitrogen metabolism, and hence shoot and root growth, in a whole-organismal response to ambient light fluctuations. ..
- Xie Y, Li W, Guo D, Dong J, Zhang Q, Fu Y, et al. The Arabidopsis gene SIGMA FACTOR-BINDING PROTEIN 1 plays a role in the salicylate- and jasmonate-mediated defence responses. Plant Cell Environ. 2010;33:828-39 pubmed publisher..syringae. SIB1 is a member of the large plant-specific VQ motif-containing protein family, and might act as a link to connect defence signalling with chloroplast function. ..
- Hao Q, Yin P, Yan C, Yuan X, Li W, Zhang Z, et al. Functional mechanism of the abscisic acid agonist pyrabactin. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:28946-52 pubmed publisher..The study provides a framework for the development of novel ABA agonists that may have applicable potentials in agriculture. ..