Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on antimicrobial cationic peptides in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: antimicrobial cationic peptides
- Gao B, Sherman P, Luo L, Bowie J, Zhu S. Structural and functional characterization of two genetically related meucin peptides highlights evolutionary divergence and convergence in antimicrobial peptides. FASEB J. 2009;23:1230-45 pubmed publisher..Our work presented here also provides new insights into an evolutionary link among AMPs from invertebrates and vertebrates and clues for evolutionary convergence between AMPs and virus fusion domains. ..
- Lv Z, Fan Y, Xu Q, Kong Q, Li C, Liu Z, et al. Long-term anti-endotoxin/E. coli efficacy in mice transfected with AAV2/1-muBPI25 -muFc?1. APMIS. 2016;124:888-95 pubmed publisher..Our data showed that AAV-muBPI-Fc has potential long-term efficacy as an anti-endotoxin and has anti-bacterial activity in mice, suggesting the potential clinical application of AAV-hBPI-Fc, such as in endotoxin shock. ..
- Yuan T, Zhang X, Hu Z, Wang F, Lei M. Molecular dynamics studies of the antimicrobial peptides piscidin 1 and its mutants with a DOPC lipid bilayer. Biopolymers. 2012;97:998-1009 pubmed publisher..Our results are applicable in examining diversities on hemolytic, antibacterial, and selectivity of antimicrobial peptides. ..
- Zhu K, Gao B, Zhu S. Characterization of a chimeric antimicrobial peptide uncovers evolutionary significance of exon-shuffling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;428:360-4 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that in Nasonia the antimicrobial function of abaecin depends on the combination of NtAU with CtNU and thus suggest a new role of exon-shuffling in buffering loss-of-function mutation of a gene. ..
- Gao B, Tian C, Zhu S. Inducible antibacterial response of scorpion venom gland. Peptides. 2007;28:2299-305 pubmed
- Gao B, Xu J, Rodriguez M, Lanz Mendoza H, Hernandez Rivas R, Du W, et al. Characterization of two linear cationic antimalarial peptides in the scorpion Mesobuthus eupeus. Biochimie. 2010;92:350-9 pubmed publisher..Killing of intraerythrocytic P. falciparum without harming mammalian cells (erythrocytes and GC-2 cell) make them attractive candidates for antimalarial drug design...
- Xiao Y, Meng F, Qiu D, Yang X. Two novel antimicrobial peptides purified from the symbiotic bacteria Xenorhabdus budapestensis NMC-10. Peptides. 2012;35:253-60 pubmed publisher..54 ?g/ml and highly inhibited the growth of a variety of bacteria, while the synthetic EP-20 peptide was highly active against Phytophthora capsici with EC(50) values of 3.14 ?g/ml...
- Zhang Z, Zhu S. Comparative genomics analysis of five families of antimicrobial peptide-like genes in seven ant species. Dev Comp Immunol. 2012;38:262-74 pubmed publisher..Our work not only enlarges the insect AMP resource, but also sheds light on the complexity and dynamic evolution of AMPs in ants...
- Hou Y, Zhang S, Wang L, Li J, Qu G, He J, et al. Estrogen regulates iron homeostasis through governing hepatic hepcidin expression via an estrogen response element. Gene. 2012;511:398-403 pubmed publisher..These findings might help build a better understanding towards the etiology of postmenopausal osteoporosis accompanied by excess tissue iron (such as iron retention of osteoclasts in bone) under estrogen deficiency. ..
- Zhu S, Wei L, Yamasaki K, Gallo R. Activation of cathepsin L by the cathelin-like domain of protegrin-3. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:2531-6 pubmed publisher..Our results provide new insights into deeper understanding of the immune-related biological activity of this so-called pro-domain of the cathelicidin family. ..
- Huang R, Xiang Y, Tu G, Zhang Y, Wang D. Solution structure of Eucommia antifungal peptide: a novel structural model distinct with a five-disulfide motif. Biochemistry. 2004;43:6005-12 pubmed..On the basis of such a structural feature, the possible structural basis for the functional properties of EAFP2 is discussed...
- Fang W, Yao Y, Shi Z, Yu Y, Wu Y, Lu L, et al. Effect of recombinant bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein on endotoxin translocation and lipopolysaccharide-binding protein/CD14 expression in rats after thermal injury. Crit Care Med. 2001;29:1452-9 pubmed..This might be associated with the down-regulation effects of tissue lipopolysaccharide-binding protein and CD14 gene expression by the use of rBPI21. ..
- Tian C, Gao B, Fang Q, Ye G, Zhu S. Antimicrobial peptide-like genes in Nasonia vitripennis: a genomic perspective. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:187 pubmed publisher..As the first AMP repertoire of a parasitic wasp, our results offer a basic platform for further studying the immunological and evolutionary significances of these newly discovered AMP-like genes in this class of insects...
- Wang F, Zhou D, Li S, Wang X, Zhang J, Duan M, et al. [Effect of recombinant human erythropoietin on hepcidin mRNA expression in patients with multiple myeloma]. Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2011;19:390-4 pubmed
- Zhao J, Guo L, Zeng H, Yang X, Yuan J, Shi H, et al. Purification and characterization of a novel antimicrobial peptide from Brevibacillus laterosporus strain A60. Peptides. 2012;33:206-11 pubmed publisher..89, 0.60 and 21.96 ?g ml(-1), respectively. ..
- Wang D, Ma W, She R, Sun Q, Liu Y, Hu Y, et al. Effects of swine gut antimicrobial peptides on the intestinal mucosal immunity in specific-pathogen-free chickens. Poult Sci. 2009;88:967-74 pubmed publisher..Our research contributes to the further understanding of immunoregulatory mechanisms of intestinal mucosal immunity and the contribution of SGAMP to this process. ..
- Fang W, Yao Y, Shi Z, Yu Y, Wu Y, Lu L, et al. The significance of changes in high mobility group-1 protein mRNA expression in rats after thermal injury. Shock. 2002;17:329-33 pubmed..Up-regulation of HMG-1 expression may be involved in the pathogenesis of endogenous endotoxin-mediated multiple organ damage secondary to major burns. ..