Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Shaanxi, China
Locale: Shaanxi, China
Publications642 found, 100 shown here
- Yang Q, Wang S, Xie Y, Sun J, Wang J. HPLC analysis of Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides and its effect on antioxidant enzymes activity and Bax, Bcl-2 expression. Int J Biol Macromol. 2010;46:167-72 pubmed publisher..The GLP extract exhibited potent antioxidant effect in vivo. The effect can contribute, at least in part, to the inhibition of apoptosis. ..
- Xu X, Fu J, Wang H, Zhang B, Wang X, Wang Y. Influence of P-glycoprotein on embryotoxicity of the antifouling biocides to sea urchin (Strongylocentrotus intermedius). Ecotoxicology. 2011;20:419-28 pubmed publisher..This further demonstrates that Sea-Nine 211 and dichlofluanid are P-gp substrates, which provides us with new insights into the interactions of P-gp with the antifouling contaminants in aquatic invertebrate embryos...
- Zhou S, Ye W, Shao Q, Zhang M, Liang J. Nrf2 is a potential therapeutic target in radioresistance in human cancer. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2013;88:706-15 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Nrf2 might be a potential therapeutic target in cancer radiation resistance or a promising radioprotector for normal organs during radiation therapy in the future. ..
- Yu X, Wang X, Huang X, Buchenauer H, Han Q, Guo J, et al. Cloning and characterization of a wheat neutral ceramidase gene Ta-CDase. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:3447-54 pubmed publisher..Southern blot analyses showed that Ta-CDase is a multi-copy gene and located on wheat chromosome 4D and 5A...
- Xue W, Li X, Zhang J, Liu Y, Wang Z, Zhang R. Effect of Trigonella foenum-graecum (fenugreek) extract on blood glucose, blood lipid and hemorheological properties in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2007;16 Suppl 1:422-6 pubmed
- Yang J, Chen R, Wei J, Zhang F, Zhang Y, Jia L, et al. Production and characterization of a recombinant single-chain antibody against Hantaan virus envelop glycoprotein. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2010;86:1067-75 pubmed publisher..Our results showed that the E. coli-produced scFv had potential applications in targeted and intracellular delivery of therapeutics against HTNV infections. ..
- Gong K, Shao W, Chen H, Wang Z, Luo Z. Rat model of lumbar facet joint osteoarthritis associated with facet-mediated mechanical hyperalgesia induced by intra-articular injection of monosodium iodoacetate. J Formos Med Assoc. 2011;110:145-52 pubmed publisher..This model might provide a useful tool for further study to ascertain the complex mechanism of facet joint pain. ..
- Zhou J, Shi S, Shi Y, Xie H, Chen L, He Y, et al. Role of bone marrow-derived progenitor cells in the maintenance and regeneration of dental mesenchymal tissues. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:2081-90 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data suggest that bone marrow progenitor cells communicate with dental tissues and become tissue-specific mesenchymal progenitor cells to maintain tissue homeostasis. ..
- Xu X, Zhao H, Zhang Q, Ding L, Li Z, Li W, et al. Oral vaccination with attenuated Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium expressing Cap protein of PCV2 and its immunogenicity in mouse and swine models. Vet Microbiol. 2012;157:294-303 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that attenuated S. typhimurium X4550/pYA3341-Cap can be a potential vaccine against PCV2 infections...
- Li J, Liu X, Wang H, Zhang W, Chan D, Shi Y. Lysocardiolipin acyltransferase 1 (ALCAT1) controls mitochondrial DNA fidelity and biogenesis through modulation of MFN2 expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:6975-80 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings reveal an unexpected role of CL remodeling in mitochondrial biogenesis, linking oxidative stress by ALCAT1 to mitochondrial fusion defect. ..
- Jiang Z, Price C. Differential actions of fibroblast growth factors on intracellular pathways and target gene expression in bovine ovarian granulosa cells. Reproduction. 2012;144:625-32 pubmed publisher..These data show that FGF1 and FGF4 activate typical FGF signalling pathways in granulosa cells, whereas FGF10 activates atypical pathways...
- Wu X, Zheng P. Undifferentiated embryonic cell transcription factor-1 (UTF1) inhibits the growth of cervical cancer cells by transactivating p27Kip1. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:1660-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings reveal that UTF1 attenuates cell proliferation and is inactivated in cervical carcinogenesis through epigenetic modification, which strongly supports that UTF1 is a potential tumor suppressor. ..
- Yu Y, Wang R, Nan Y, Zhang L, Zhang Y. Induction of STAT1 phosphorylation at serine 727 and expression of proinflammatory cytokines by porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61967 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that PRRSV VR-2385 induces pSTAT1-S727 and the expression of proinflammatory cytokines, which contributes to the insight of PRRSV pathogenesis. ..
- Han D, Huang W, Li X, Gao L, Su T, Li X, et al. Melatonin facilitates adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells to repair the murine infarcted heart via the SIRT1 signaling pathway. J Pineal Res. 2016;60:178-92 pubmed publisher..Our data support the promise of melatonin as a novel strategy to improve MSC-based therapy for IHD, possibly through SIRT1 signaling evocation. ..
- Dai L, Ma M, Gao G, Chen H. Dendroctonus armandi (Curculionidae: Scolytinae) cytochrome P450s display tissue specificity and responses to host terpenoids. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2016;201:1-11 pubmed publisher..The different transcript accumulation patterns of these bark beetle P450 genes provided insight into ecological interactions of D. armandi with its host pine. ..
- Xue Q, Zhang Y. Two new species of <i>Jogocerus</i> Viraktamath (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae: Idiocerinae) from China. Zootaxa. 2017;4247:174-180 pubmed publisher..Two new species, Jogocerus concavus sp. nov. and J. viraktamathi sp. nov. are described and illustrated. The genus Jogocerus is redescribed together with a checklist and key to species for the separation of males. ..
- Zhang W, Ding T, Zhang J, Su J, Li F, Liu X, et al. Expression of discoidin domain receptor 2 (DDR2) extracellular domain in pichia pastoris and functional analysis in synovial fibroblasts and NIT3T3 cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2006;290:43-53 pubmed..All these findings suggested that the fused expressed His-DR inhibited the activity of natural DDR2, and relevant MMP-1 and MMP-2 expression in synoviocytes and NIH3T3 cells provoked by collagen II. ..
- He L, Zhao X, Wang H, Zhang P, Guo C, Huang C, et al. RUNX3 mediates suppression of tumor growth and metastasis of human CCRCC by regulating cyclin related proteins and TIMP-1. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32961 pubmed publisher..Therefore, RUNX3 had the function of inhibiting the proliferative and metastatic abilities of CCRCC cells by regulating cyclins and TIMP1. ..
- Deng Z, Zhou J, Han X, Li X. TCEB2 confers resistance to VEGF-targeted therapy in ovarian cancer. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:359-65 pubmed publisher..The combination of BV and IL-8 Ab exhibited synergistic effect of growth inhibition on both OC and endothelial cells. Thus, this study provides an alternative strategy of simultaneously targeting VEGF-A and IL-8 for combating OC. ..
- Shen X, Mao H, Miao S. Substitution pattern of the CArG element in human and mouse genomes. Genome. 2011;54:144-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, the study further revealed the sequence character and substitution pattern of CArG elements and provided useful information for the study of the SRF-binding efficiencies of CArG promoters in functional assays. ..
- Hou X, Hu D, Wang Y, Tang Z, Zhang F, Chavakis T, et al. Targeting of junctional adhesion molecule-C inhibits experimental choroidal neovascularization. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:1584-91 pubmed publisher..JAM-C blockade may prove useful for CNV suppression by inhibiting macrophage transmigration, RPE cell migration, and monolayer RPE barrier malfunction. ..
- Hu Y, Bai Y, Chu Z, Wang J, Wang L, Yu M, et al. GSK3 inhibitor-BIO regulates proliferation of female germline stem cells from the postnatal mouse ovary. Cell Prolif. 2012;45:287-98 pubmed publisher..BIO played an important role in regulation of proliferation and maintenance of the FGSCs. This could help provide a better understanding of causes of ovarian infertility, prevention and potential treatment of infertility. ..
- Wang X, Yang G, Feng Y, Ren G, Han X. Optimizing feeding composition and carbon-nitrogen ratios for improved methane yield during anaerobic co-digestion of dairy, chicken manure and wheat straw. Bioresour Technol. 2012;120:78-83 pubmed publisher..3:59.7 and a C/N ratio of 27.2:1 after optimization using response surface methodology. The results suggested that better performance of anaerobic co-digestion can be fulfilled by optimizing feeding composition and the C/N ratio. ..
- Ma Y, Chen Z, Jin Y, Liu W. Identification of a histone acetyltransferase as a novel regulator of Drosophila intestinal stem cells. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:1489-95 pubmed publisher..These findings extend our knowledge of epigenetic mechanisms in stem cell regulation. ..
- Liu H, Zhang P, Wu P, Chen S, Mu G, Duan X, et al. Phylogenetic characterization and virulence of two Newcastle disease viruses isolated from wild birds in China. Infect Genet Evol. 2013;20:215-24 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, after analysis of these differences, the information about lentogenic NDV with multi-basic cleavage site was presented. ..
- Liang X, Zhang C, Li Z, Xu L, Dai W. Fine structure and sensory apparatus of the mouthparts of the pear psyllid, Cacopsylla chinensis (Yang et Li) (Hemiptera: Psyllidae). Arthropod Struct Dev. 2013;42:495-506 pubmed publisher..The mouthpart morphology and abundance of sensilla located on the labium in C. chinensis are illustrated, along with a brief discussion of their taxonomic and putative functional significance. ..
- Liu L, Yang X, Ni Q, Xiao Z, Zhao Y, Han J, et al. Interaction between p12CDK2AP1 and a novel unnamed protein product inhibits cell proliferation by regulating the cell cycle. Mol Med Rep. 2014;9:156-62 pubmed publisher..It expands the understanding of the mechanisms of p12CDK2AP1 and its potential as a cancer therapeutic target. ..
- Wang J, Cheng P, Pavlyukov M, Yu H, Zhang Z, Kim S, et al. Targeting NEK2 attenuates glioblastoma growth and radioresistance by destabilizing histone methyltransferase EZH2. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3075-3089 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a key role for NEK2 in maintaining GSCs in GBM by stabilizing the EZH2 protein and introduce the small-molecule inhibitor CMP3a as a potential therapeutic agent for GBM. ..
- Guo A, Gu J, Wang X, Zhang R, Yin Y, Sun W, et al. Effects of superabsorbent polymers on the abundances of antibiotic resistance genes, mobile genetic elements, and the bacterial community during swine manure composting. Bioresour Technol. 2017;244:658-663 pubmed publisher..Network analysis determined the potential hosts of ARGs and MGEs, and their co-occurrence. The results suggested that applying 15mgkg-1 SAP is appropriate for reducing ARGs in compost. ..
- Zhang Y, Jin Y, Williams T, Burtenshaw S, Martyn A, Lu R. Amino acid deprivation induces CREBZF/Zhangfei expression via an AARE-like element in the promoter. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;391:1352-7 pubmed publisher..Considering the AARE-like sequence found in CREBZF and other similarities between CREBZF and CHOP, we postulate that CREBZF and CHOP may be two sensors that regulate different yet related signaling pathways governing the AAR. ..
- Tang Q, Zhang Y, Fan L, Tong G, He L, Dai C. Classic swine fever virus NS2 protein leads to the induction of cell cycle arrest at S-phase and endoplasmic reticulum stress. Virol J. 2010;7:4 pubmed publisher..These findings provide novel information on the function of the poorly characterized CSFV NS2 protein. ..
- Dong H, Zhang Y, Su B, Zhu Z, Gu Q, Sang H, et al. Limb remote ischemic preconditioning protects the spinal cord from ischemia-reperfusion injury: a newly identified nonneuronal but reactive oxygen species-dependent pathway. Anesthesiology. 2010;112:881-91 pubmed publisher..An initial oxidative stress acts as a trigger to upregulate antioxidant enzyme activity, rather than the neural pathway, and plays an important role in the formation of the tolerance against spinal cord ischemia by limb RIPC. ..
- Zhang S, Shukle R, Mittapalli O, Zhu Y, Reese J, Wang H, et al. The gut transcriptome of a gall midge, Mayetiola destructor. J Insect Physiol. 2010;56:1198-206 pubmed publisher..The identification of a large number of transcripts coding for SSPs, digestive enzymes, detoxification proteins in the Hessian fly larval gut provides a foundation for future studies on the functions of these genes. ..
- Yuan L, Dong H, Zhang H, Zhao R, Gong G, Chen X, et al. Neuroprotective effect of orexin-A is mediated by an increase of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 activity in rat. Anesthesiology. 2011;114:340-54 pubmed publisher..Orexin-A has a neuroprotective effect against cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury. These effects may be mediated through the HIF-1? pathway. ..
- Zhang B, Zhao G, Lan X, Lei C, Zhang C, Chen H. Polymorphism in GHRH gene and its association with growth traits in Chinese native cattle. Res Vet Sci. 2012;92:243-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggested that polymorphism in bovine GHRH might be one of the important genetic factors to influence body weight. ..
- Yang S, Wang H, Gao J, Zhang Q, Laatsch H, Kuang Y. Fusaroside, a unique glycolipid from Fusarium sp., an endophytic fungus isolated from Melia azedarach. Org Biomol Chem. 2012;10:819-24 pubmed publisher..The metabolites 1-5 were shown to have moderate to weak active against the brine shrimp larvae. To our knowledge, this is the first report of isolation of the first representative of a new family of glycolipids from natural sources...
- Liu X, Sun N, Du J, Tang J, Han M, Zhu J, et al. Chemical lesioning and glutamate administration reveal a major role for the nucleus tractus solitarius in the cardiac-somatic reflex in rats. Neuroscience. 2012;207:326-32 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the NTS is involved in the facilitation of the cardiac-somatic reflex, and that the NMDA receptor and mGluRs play an important role in mediating this effect. ..
- Cao H, Chu Y, Lv X, Qiu P, Liu C, Zhang H, et al. GSK3 inhibitor-BIO regulates proliferation of immortalized pancreatic mesenchymal stem cells (iPMSCs). PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31502 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that BIO plays a key role in the regulation of cell mass proliferation and maintenance of the undifferentiated state of iPMSCs. ..
- Zhong H, Zhang Y, Wei C. Anatomy and fine structure of the alimentary canal of the spittlebug Lepyronia coleopterata (L.) (Hemiptera: Cercopoidea). Arthropod Struct Dev. 2013;42:521-530 pubmed publisher..Single-membraned or double-membraned microorganisms exist in the anterior and posterior extremities of the midgut, proximal Malpighian tubule and ileum; these are probably symbiotic. ..
- Hou R, Zhang J, Yin T, Cao H, Zhang N, Li X, et al. Upregulation of PTEN by peroxynitrite contributes to cytokine-induced apoptosis in pancreatic beta-cells. Apoptosis. 2010;15:877-86 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that peroxynitrite-mediated PTEN upregulation plays an important role in cytokine-induced pancreatic beta-cell apoptosis. ..
- Wang X, Peñagaricano F, Tal Stein R, Lipkin E, Khatib H. Short communication: Association of an OLR1 polymorphism with milk production traits in the Israeli Holstein population. J Dairy Sci. 2012;95:1565-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, the validation of association of this SNP with milk traits in independent cattle populations suggests OLR1 as a candidate gene for further functional studies. ..
- Zheng X, Gai X, Han S, Moser C, Hu C, Shire A, et al. The human sulfatase 2 inhibitor 2,4-disulfonylphenyl-tert-butylnitrone (OKN-007) has an antitumor effect in hepatocellular carcinoma mediated via suppression of TGFB1/SMAD2 and Hedgehog/GLI1 signaling. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2013;52:225-36 pubmed publisher..We conclude that OKN-007 or more potent derivatives may be promising agents for the treatment of HCC. ..
- Li M, Sun X, Hua L, Lai X, Lan X, Lei C, et al. SIRT1 gene polymorphisms are associated with growth traits in Nanyang cattle. Mol Cell Probes. 2013;27:215-20 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that polymorphisms in SIRT1 are associated with growth efficiency traits, and may be used for marker-assisted selection and management in feedlot cattle. ..
- Li H, Che X, Zhao W, He S, Zhang Z, Chen R, et al. Diet-induced obesity promotes murine gastric cancer growth through a nampt/sirt1/c-myc positive feedback loop. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:2153-60 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that diet-induced obesity could promote murine gastric cancer growth by upregulating the expression of the nampt, sirt1 and c-myc genes. ..
- Liu Y, Wang P, Liu Q, Wang X. Sinoporphyrin sodium triggered sono-photodynamic effects on breast cancer both in vitro and in vivo. Ultrason Sonochem. 2016;31:437-48 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that by combination SDT and PDT, the sensitizer DVDMS would produce much better therapeutic effects, and DVDMS-SPDT may be a potential strategy against highly metastatic breast cancer. ..
- Jia X, Ye Tian -, Yuan Li -, Zhang G, Liu Z, DI Z, et al. Exendin-4, a glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor agonist, protects against amyloid-? peptide-induced impairment of spatial learning and memory in rats. Physiol Behav. 2016;159:72-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, the application of exendin-4 or the activation of its signaling pathways may be a promising strategy to ameliorate the degenerative processes observed in AD. ..
- Wu B, Lin J, Luo J, Han D, Fan M, Guo T, et al. Dihydromyricetin Protects against Diabetic Cardiomyopathy in Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Mice. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:3764370 pubmed publisher..DHM may have a great therapeutic potential in the treatment of DCM. ..
- Cao D, You H, Zhao Y, Guo Y, Wang H, Arendt Nielsen L, et al. Involvement of peripheral ionotropic glutamate receptors in activation of cutaneous branches of spinal dorsal rami following antidromic electrical stimulation of adjacent afferent nerves in rats. Brain Res Bull. 2007;72:10-7 pubmed..We further provide the direct evidence that neurotransmitters released from adjacent peripheral nerves may also contribute to the occurrence of allodynia as well as secondary hyperalgesia during the pathological nociception. ..
- Liu Y, Yang J, Hu S. Transition between two excitabilities in mesencephalic V neurons. J Comput Neurosci. 2008;24:95-104 pubmed..Finally, by applying specific channel blockers, we observed the transition between two excitabilities forecast by the mathematical model. ..
- Zhang Z, Li W, Sun D, Zhao L, Zhang R, Wang Y, et al. Toll-like receptor 4 signaling in dysfunction of cardiac microvascular endothelial cells under hypoxia/reoxygenation. Inflamm Res. 2011;60:37-45 pubmed publisher..TLR4 and its signaling components can be activated by LPS and H/R in CMECs. Blocking the TLR4 signal pathway before H/R injury attenuates CMEC dysfunction. ..
- Wang Y, Wu Y, Liu M, Wang J, Ju G. Nogo-66 inhibits the dye-coupling of astrocytic gap junctions in vitro. Neurochem Res. 2011;36:1129-34 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this study shows a novel inhibitory effect of Nogo-66 on the permeability of astrocytic gap junctions, suggesting a presumable role of Nogo-66 receptor in modulating the glial gap junction. ..
- Li Q, Zhang M, Chen Y, Wang Y, Huang F, Liu J. Oxidative damage and HSP70 expression in masseter muscle induced by psychological stress in rats. Physiol Behav. 2011;104:365-72 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that psychological stress induces oxidative damage and up-regulates the expression of HSP70 in masseter muscles in rats, which are associated with behavior resembling anxiety...
- Liu H, Ma Q, Xu Q, Lei J, Li X, Wang Z, et al. Therapeutic potential of perineural invasion, hypoxia and desmoplasia in pancreatic cancer. Curr Pharm Des. 2012;18:2395-403 pubmed..This review describes the main players in perineural invasion, hypoxia and desmoplasia and the molecular mechanisms of these pathophysiological processes. ..
- Gao Y, Guo Y, Duan A, Cheng D, Zhang S, Wang H. Optimization of culture conditions for maintaining porcine induced pluripotent stem cells. DNA Cell Biol. 2014;33:1-11 pubmed publisher..Two piPSC lines (IB-1 and IB-2) were derived and maintained for up to 20 passages in vitro. ..
- Chen Z, Wu X, Luo H, Zhao L, Ji X, Qiao X, et al. Acute exposure of mercury chloride stimulates the tissue regeneration program and reactive oxygen species production in the Drosophila midgut. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2016;41:32-8 pubmed publisher..We propose that the Drosophila midgut could serve as a suitable model to study the treatment of acute hydrargyrism on the digestive systems. ..
- Gui L, Jia C, Zhang Y, Zhao C, Zan L. Association studies on the bovine lipoprotein lipase gene polymorphism with growth and carcass quality traits in Qinchuan cattle. Mol Cell Probes. 2016;30:61-5 pubmed publisher..91C > T and g.18377T > C) were significantly correlated with some growth and carcass quality traits. These results demonstrate that LPL might be a potential candidate gene for marker-assisted selection (MAS). ..
- Wang Z, Zhao Z, Cheng X, Liu S, Wei Q, Scott I. Conifer flavonoid compounds inhibit detoxification enzymes and synergize insecticides. Pestic Biochem Physiol. 2016;127:1-7 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that flavonoid compounds have both in vitro and in vivo esterase inhibition, which is likely responsible for the insecticide synergism observed in insecticide-resistant CPB. ..
- Shi A, Shi H, Dong L, Xu S, Jia M, Guo X, et al. CXCR7 as a chemokine receptor for SDF-1 promotes gastric cancer progression via MAPK pathways. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2017;52:745-753 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, CXCR7 knockdown inhibited the growth of GC subcutaneous xenografts and decreased the microvessel density and VEGF expression in vivo. CXCR7 was identified as a novel promoter in GC initiation and progression. ..
- Li J, Liu J, Liang Z, He F, Yang L, Li P, et al. Simvastatin and Atorvastatin inhibit DNA replication licensing factor MCM7 and effectively suppress RB-deficient tumors growth. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2673 pubmed publisher..The present work demonstrates that 'old' lipid-lowering drugs statins are novel weapons against RB-deficient tumors due to their effects on suppressing MCM7 protein levels. ..
- Tian G, Dang C, Lu Z. The change and significance of the Na+-K+-ATPase alpha-subunit in ouabain-hypertensive rats. Hypertens Res. 2001;24:729-34 pubmed..These results suggest that the high level of ouabain and the change of the Na+-K+-ATPase alpha-subunit isoforms may play a critical role in hypertension. ..
- Chen J, Lu F, Chen S, Tao S. Significant positive correlation between the recombination rate and GC content in the human pseudoautosomal region. Genome. 2006;49:413-9 pubmed..Thus, we conclude that the high GC content of the PAR1 genes better fits the biased gene conversion (BGC) model. ..
- Yang B, Qu D, Zhang X, Shen J, Cui S, Shi Y, et al. Prevalence and characterization of Salmonella serovars in retail meats of marketplace in Shaanxi, China. Int J Food Microbiol. 2010;141:63-72 pubmed publisher..Additionally, many Salmonella isolates were resistant to multiple antimicrobials. ..
- Zhang Q, Zhao S, Chen H, Zhang L, Zhang L, Li F, et al. SNP discovery and haplotype analysis in the bovine PRKAA2 gene. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:1551-6 pubmed publisher..These data will provide a background for more extensive characterization of the bovine PRKAA2 gene, its diversity in different cattle breeds, and evolutionary information of Chinese cattle breeds. ..
- He H, Zhang H, Li Z, Liu Y, Liu X. Expression, SNV identification, linkage disequilibrium, and combined genotype association analysis of the muscle-specific gene CSRP3 in Chinese cattle. Gene. 2014;535:17-23 pubmed publisher..The data support the high potential of the CSRP3 as a marker gene for the improvement of growth performance and carcass traits in selection programs. ..
- Sun J, Zhu M, Wang S, Miao S, Xie Y, Wang J. Inhibition of the growth of human gastric carcinoma in vivo and in vitro by swainsonine. Phytomedicine. 2007;14:353-9 pubmed..The mechanisms of swainsonine-induced apoptosis may relate to [Ca2+]i overloading and the expression of apoptosis-related genes. ..
- Chen B, Wei J, Wang W, Cui G, Zhao Y, Zhu X, et al. Identification of signaling pathways involved in aberrant production of adipokines in adipocytes undergoing oxidative stress. Arch Med Res. 2009;40:241-8 pubmed publisher..ERK1/2 participates not in H(2)O(2)-induced decrease of adiponectin expression, but in the increase of PAI-1 and IL-6. ..
- Zhao Y, Qin X, Cheng X, Liu X, Lin R, Zhang Y, et al. Rapid resolution liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry and high-performance liquid chromatography-fluorescence detection for metabolism and pharmacokinetic studies of ergosta-4,6,8(14),22-tetraen-3-one. Anal Chim Acta. 2010;675:199-206 pubmed publisher..In addition, liquid chromatography coupled with ion trap multi-stage mass spectrometry is becoming a useful technique for ergone metabolite identification. ..
- Lu X, Ciraolo E, Stefenia R, Chen G, Zhang Y, Hirsch E. Sustained release of PI3K inhibitor from PHA nanoparticles and in vitro growth inhibition of cancer cell lines. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;89:1423-33 pubmed publisher..Since poor bioavailability and limited in vivo half-life are common features of hydrophobic PI3K inhibitors, our results open the way to similar formulation of other PI3K blockers and to new strategies in cancer treatment. ..
- Li X, Yao J, Zhou Z, Shen J, Ru H, Liu X. Activity of the chelerythrine, a quaternary benzo[c]phenanthridine alkaloid from Chelidonium majus L. on Dactylogyrus intermedius. Parasitol Res. 2011;109:247-52 pubmed publisher..59 mg L(-1) for grass carp. These results provided evidence that chelerythrine can be selected as a lead compound for the development of new drugs against D. intermedius...
- Wang X, Sha X, Li G, Yang F, Ji K, Wen L, et al. Comparative characterization of stem cells from human exfoliated deciduous teeth and dental pulp stem cells. Arch Oral Biol. 2012;57:1231-40 pubmed publisher..Consequently, SHED may represent a suitable, accessible and potential alternative source for regenerative medicine and therapeutic applications. ..
- Hou J, An X, Li G, Wang Y, Song Y, Cao B. Exploring polymorphisms and their effects on reproductive traits of the INHA and INH?A genes in three goat breeds. Anim Sci J. 2012;83:273-8 pubmed publisher..The result showed that AA genotype had remarkable litter size at P1 locus in the three goat breeds (P < 0.05). Therefore, these results suggest that INHA gene is a strong candidate gene that affects litter size in goats. ..
- Zhao Y, Cheng X, Cui J, Yan X, Wei F, Bai X, et al. Effect of ergosta-4,6,8(14),22-tetraen-3-one (ergone) on adenine-induced chronic renal failure rat: a serum metabonomic study based on ultra performance liquid chromatography/high-sensitivity mass spectrometry coupled with MassLynx i-FIT algorithm. Clin Chim Acta. 2012;413:1438-45 pubmed publisher..The work shows that the metabonomic method is a valuable tool for studying the essence of chronic kidney disease and therapeutic effect mechanism of preclinical or clinical drug. ..
- Shi H, Dong L, Jiang J, Zhao J, Zhao G, Dang X, et al. Chlorogenic acid reduces liver inflammation and fibrosis through inhibition of toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway. Toxicology. 2013;303:107-14 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that CGA can efficiently inhibit CCl(4)-induced liver fibrosis in rats and the protective effect may be due to the inhibition of TLR4/MyD88/NF-?B signaling pathway. ..
- Li L, Hao X, Qin J, Tang W, He F, Smith A, et al. Antibody against CD44s inhibits pancreatic tumor initiation and postradiation recurrence in mice. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:1108-18 pubmed publisher..Anti-CD44s eliminated bulk tumor cells as well as TICs from the tumors. Strategies to target CD44s cab be developed to block pancreatic tumor formation and post-radiotherapy recurrence in patients. ..
- Tu Q, Pang L, Chen Y, Zhang Y, Zhang R, Lu B, et al. Effects of surface charges of graphene oxide on neuronal outgrowth and branching. Analyst. 2014;139:105-15 pubmed publisher..The ability to chemically modify graphene oxide to control neurite outgrowth could be implemented clinically, especially in cases wherein long-term presence of outgrowth modulation is necessary. ..
- Su J, Jang S, Yang C, Wang Y, Zhu Z. Genomic organization and expression analysis of Toll-like receptor 3 in grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2009;27:433-9 pubmed publisher..05). These data implied that CiTLR3 is involved in antiviral defense, provide molecular and functional information for grass carp TLR3, and implicate their role in mediating immune protection against grass carp viral diseases. ..
- Xi Y, Wu G, Yang L, Han K, Du Y, Wang T, et al. Increased late sodium currents are related to transcription of neuronal isoforms in a pressure-overload model. Eur J Heart Fail. 2009;11:749-57 pubmed publisher..Protein levels paralleled their mRNA expression. The up-regulated expression of the neuronal NaCh isoforms SCN1a and SCN8a could be one mechanism of I(NaL) production, which may contribute to prolongation of APD in the failing heart. ..
- Gao L, Zan L, Wang H, Hao R, Zhong X. Polymorphism of somatostatin gene and its association with growth traits in Chinese cattle. Genet Mol Res. 2011;10:703-11 pubmed publisher..The Luxi and Ximentaer crossbreed had the lowest frequency of the G allele, while the highest G allele frequencies were found in the Luxi breed...
- Huang Y, He H, Wang J, Li Z, Lan X, Lei C, et al. Sequence variants in the bovine nucleophosmin 1 gene, their linkage and their associations with body weight in native cattle breeds in China. Anim Genet. 2011;42:556-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that some polymorphisms in NPM1 are associated with body weight at some ages and may be used as candidates for marker-assisted selection and management in beef cattle breeding programmes...
- Wang G, Xiao Q, Luo Z, Ye S, Xu Q. Functional impact of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2/B1 in smooth muscle differentiation from stem cells and embryonic arteriogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:2896-906 pubmed publisher..This indicates that hnRNPA2/B1 is a potential modulating target for deriving SMCs from stem cells and cardiovascular regenerative medicine. ..