Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Publications1168 found, 100 shown here
- Ma L, Meng Q, Cheng W, Sung Y, Tang P, Hu S, et al. Involvement of the GP63 protease in infection of Trichomonas vaginalis. Parasitol Res. 2011;109:71-9 pubmed publisher..vaginalis cells to HeLa cells. The results presented in here suggest that GP63 protease plays a vital role in T. vaginalis infection process, but may not be related to the adherence of parasitic cells to their hosts. ..
- Zhang X, Wen Z, Yao W. [The capping protein on the slow-growing end of actin filament: erythrocyte tropomodulin]. Sheng Li Ke Xue Jin Zhan. 2011;42:27-31 pubmed..E-Tmod plays a pivotal role in organizing F-actin and cytoskeleton and maintaining the mechanical properties of the cells. ..
- Chu S, Jiang G, Liu W, Liu Z. Insecticidal activity of the root bark essential oil of Periploca sepium Bunge and its main component. Nat Prod Res. 2012;26:926-32 pubmed publisher..The compound showed strong contact toxicity against D. melanogaster and the maize weevil (Sitophilus zeamais) with LD(50) values of 1.47 and 6.99?µg/adult, respectively. ..
- Lai D, Yu S, van Ofwegen L, Totzke F, Proksch P, Lin W. 9,10-secosteroids, protein kinase inhibitors from the Chinese gorgonian Astrogorgia sp. Bioorg Med Chem. 2011;19:6873-80 pubmed publisher..Five compounds showed significant inhibitory activities against human tumor related protein kinases, including ALK, AXL, FAK, IGF-1R, MET wt, SRC, and VEGF-R2. ..
- Yang L, Zhang L, Wang C, Wang B, Wang X, Zeng S. Differential expression pattern of ISG15 in different tissue explants and cells induced by various interferons. Microbiol Immunol. 2012;56:163-70 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the present findings provide the first evidence of 10- to 100-fold differences in minimum antiviral units of rbIFN-?, rbIFN-?, and rbIFN-? in regard to stimulating saturation expression of ISG15. ..
- Wang B, Chen D, Guo W, Li Z, Li Y, Zhou X, et al. Silica nanoparticles suppress fibronectin-mediated adhesion and migration in normal human keratinocytes. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2012;12:293-9 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggests that silica nanoparticles may negatively modulate cell response to fibronectin. ..
- Sun J, Lu M, Gillette N, Wingfield M. Red turpentine beetle: innocuous native becomes invasive tree killer in China. Annu Rev Entomol. 2013;58:293-311 pubmed publisher..The promise of semiochemicals as a management tool is also discussed. ..
- Zhang D, Qin Y. The paradox of elongation factor 4: highly conserved, yet of no physiological significance?. Biochem J. 2013;452:173-81 pubmed publisher..Lastly, we present a hypothesis for back-translocation and discuss the directions future EF4 research should focus on. ..
- Liu L, Wu Y, Huang X. Orientin protects myocardial cells against hypoxia-reoxygenation injury through induction of autophagy. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;776:90-8 pubmed publisher..Our investigation suggests that the cardioprotective effects of orientin during MIRI may be mediated through the balance of autophagy through regulating AMPK, Akt, mTOR, and Bcl-2 associated signaling pathways. ..
- Gao D, Zeng L, Zhang P, Ma Z, Li R, Zhao Y, et al. Rhubarb Anthraquinones Protect Rats against Mercuric Chloride (HgCl₂)-Induced Acute Renal Failure. Molecules. 2016;21:298 pubmed publisher..This study thus provides observational evidences that rhubarb could ameliorate HgCl₂-induced ARF and its anthraquinones in particular are the effective components responsible for this activity in rhubarb extract. ..
- Wang T, Wang Z, Yang P, Xia L, Zhou M, Wang S, et al. PER1 prevents excessive innate immune response during endotoxin-induced liver injury through regulation of macrophage recruitment in mice. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2176 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that Per1 reduces hepatic macrophage recruitment through interaction with PPAR-? and prevents an excessive innate immune response in endotoxin-induced liver injury. ..
- Cheng J, Su Q, Jiao X, Shi C, Yang Y, Han H, et al. Effects of Heat Shock on the Bradysia odoriphaga (Diptera: Sciaridae). J Econ Entomol. 2017;110:1630-1638 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results indicate that heat shock negatively influences B. odoriphaga. ..
- Lim J, Giri P, Kazadi D, Laffleur B, Zhang W, Grinstein V, et al. Nuclear Proximity of Mtr4 to RNA Exosome Restricts DNA Mutational Asymmetry. Cell. 2017;169:523-537.e15 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that strand-specific DNA mutagenesis-associated mechanisms will play major roles in other undiscovered aspects of organismic development. ..
- Jia L, Lu X, Liu G, Wang S, Xu M, Tian Y, et al. Endostatin sensitizes p53-deficient non-small-cell lung cancer to genotoxic chemotherapy by targeting DNA-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit. J Pathol. 2017;243:255-266 pubmed publisher..Copyright © 2017 Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Zhao W, Li X, Wang J, Wang C, Jia Y, Yuan S, et al. Decreasing Eukaryotic Initiation Factor 3C (EIF3C) Suppresses Proliferation and Stimulates Apoptosis in Breast Cancer Cell Lines Through Mammalian Target of Rapamycin (mTOR) Pathway. Med Sci Monit. 2017;23:4182-4191 pubmed..24±0.2307, p<0.01). The mTOR signaling pathway was involved in decreasing EIF3C translational efficiency. CONCLUSIONS Unveiling the mechanisms of EIF3 action in tumorigenesis may help identify attractive targets for cancer therapy. ..
- Cui L, Carney D, Hugli T. Primary structure and functional characterization of rat C5a: an anaphylatoxin with unusually high potency. Protein Sci. 1994;3:1169-77 pubmed..We conclude that multiple sequence differences in the C-terminal effector portion and/or elsewhere in rat C5a, but not the LLH insert, account for the significant enhancement in potency of rat C5a over C5a from other species. ..
- Shen Y, Song S, Lin Z. Structures of D-glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase complexed with coenzyme analogues. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2002;58:1287-97 pubmed..A novel type of domain motion is observed for the binding of the coenzyme analogues to GAPDH. The possible conformational transitions involved in the coenzyme binding and the important role of the nicotinamide group are discussed...
- Xiang Y, Ma B, Li T, Gao J, Yu H, Li X. Acetazolamide inhibits aquaporin-1 protein expression and angiogenesis. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2004;25:812-6 pubmed..Acetazolamide might be identified and developed as one of potential lead compounds for a new therapeutic intervention in inhibiting cancer angiogenesis. ..
- Lin Z, Zhang H. Anti-tumor and immunoregulatory activities of Ganoderma lucidum and its possible mechanisms. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2004;25:1387-95 pubmed..Preliminary study indicated that antiangiogenic effect may be involved antitumor activity of G lucidum...
- Wang Z, Jiang C, Liu L, Wang X, Jin H, Wu Q, et al. The role of Akt on arsenic trioxide suppression of 3T3-L1 preadipocyte differentiation. Cell Res. 2005;15:379-86 pubmed..Akt/PKB inhibitor appears to block the arsenic trioxide suppression of differentiation. Our results suggested that Akt/PKB may play a role in suppression of apoptosis and negatively regulate preadipocyte differentiation. ..
- Sun Q, Schatten H. Role of NuMA in vertebrate cells: review of an intriguing multifunctional protein. Front Biosci. 2006;11:1137-46 pubmed..Degradation of NuMA results in the breakdown of normal nuclear structure, and has been used as a marker of cell apoptosis. The implications of NuMA protein in somatic cell animal cloning by nuclear transfer are discussed. ..
- Song J, Meng L, Li X. [Therapeutic application and prospect of Astragalus membranaceus and Angelica sinensis in treating renal microvascular lesions]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2008;28:859-61 pubmed..These evidences suggest that Astragalus membranaceus and Angelica sinensis may retard the progress of renal diseases through the above-mentioned mechanisms. ..
- Gong F, Zhang S, Deng J, Zhu H, Pan H, Li N, et al. Zinc-alpha2-glycoprotein is involved in regulation of body weight through inhibition of lipogenic enzymes in adipose tissue. Int J Obes (Lond). 2009;33:1023-30 pubmed publisher..Serum ZAG level is inversely associated with body weight and percentage of body fat. The action of ZAG is associated with downregulated lipogenic enzymes and upregulated lipolytic enzyme expressions in adipose tissue of mice. ..
- Yang T, Duan R, Cao H, Lee B, Xia C, Chang Z, et al. Development of an inflammation-inducible gene expression system using helper-dependent adenoviral vectors. J Gene Med. 2010;12:832-9 pubmed publisher..The results obtained indicate that the inflammation inducible gene expression system based on the modified human IL-6 gene promoter has the potential to be used for developing gene therapy for treating inflammatory diseases. ..
- Han X, Yang N, Xu Y, Zhu J, Chen Z, Liu Z, et al. Simvastatin treatment improves functional recovery after experimental spinal cord injury by upregulating the expression of BDNF and GDNF. Neurosci Lett. 2011;487:255-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, simvastatin may be useful as a promising therapeutic agent for SCI. ..
- Feng X, Deng T, Zhang Y, Su S, Wei C, Han D. Lipopolysaccharide inhibits macrophage phagocytosis of apoptotic neutrophils by regulating the production of tumour necrosis factor ? and growth arrest-specific gene 6. Immunology. 2011;132:287-95 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that phagocytic clearance of apoptotic neutrophils by macrophages can be regulated by local pro- and anti-inflammatory factors in two opposite states. ..
- Sun Y, Quan X, Fromme S, Cox R, Zhang P, Zhang L, et al. A novel mutation in the KCNH2 gene associated with short QT syndrome. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2011;50:433-41 pubmed publisher..Both quinidine and sotalol may be therapeutic options for patients with the T618I HERG mutation. ..
- Qiao A, Liang J, Ke Y, Li C, Cui Y, Shen L, et al. Mouse patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing 3 influences systemic lipid and glucose homeostasis. Hepatology. 2011;54:509-21 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that mouse PNPLA3, which is a lipogenic gene directly targeted by SREBP-1, promotes lipogenesis in primary hepatocytes and influences systemic lipid and glucose metabolism. ..
- Gao J, Hou R, Zhang H, He J, Li S, Su J, et al. A novel DNA extraction and duplex polymerase chain reaction assay for the rapid detection of Prototheca zopfii genotype 2 in milk. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2011;53:278-82 pubmed publisher..The PCR assay is economical, sensitive and more rapid than the conventional culture method. The assay could be used as an alternative method for the rapid the detection of bovine mastitis resulting from P. zopfii genotype 2. ..
- Tan F, Jiang Y, Sun N, Chen Z, Lv Y, Shao K, et al. Identification of isocitrate dehydrogenase 1 as a potential diagnostic and prognostic biomarker for non-small cell lung cancer by proteomic analysis. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2012;11:M111.008821 pubmed publisher..These observations suggested that IDH1, as a protein promoting tumor growth, could be used as a plasma biomarker for diagnosis and a histochemical biomarker for prognosis prediction of NSCLC. ..
- Mou T, Zhao Z, Fang W, Peng C, Guo F, Liu B, et al. Synthesis and preliminary evaluation of 18F-labeled pyridaben analogues for myocardial perfusion imaging with PET. J Nucl Med. 2012;53:472-9 pubmed publisher..On the basis of the promising biologic properties, this mitochondrial complex I-targeted tracer ((18)F-FP1OP) is worthy to be developed as an MPI agent and to be compared with the other PET MPI agents in the future. ..
- Feng Y, Fu S, Zhang H, Li M, Zhou T, Wang J, et al. Distribution of mosquitoes and mosquito-borne viruses along the China-Myanmar border in Yunnan Province. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2012;65:215-21 pubmed..Enzootic JEV transmission persists in this area and therefore, surveillance for human disease caused by JEV and GETV should be conducted in the region...
- Zhang J, Li A, Liu B, Han F, Liu F, Sun S, et al. Effect of icarisid II on diabetic rats with erectile dysfunction and its potential mechanism via assessment of AGEs, autophagy, mTOR and the NO-cGMP pathway. Asian J Androl. 2013;15:143-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Icarisid II constitutes a promising compound for diabetic ED and might be involved in the upregulation of SMC proliferation and the NO-cGMP pathway and the downregulation of AGEs, autophagy and the mTOR pathway. ..
- Liu H, Yang A, Meng D, Chen N, Zhang J. Stimulation of the anterior nucleus of the thalamus induces changes in amino acids in the hippocampi of epileptic rats. Brain Res. 2012;1477:37-44 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that unilateral ANT stimulation inhibited the hyperactivation of the excitatory process and promoted the inhibitory process in the ipsilateral hippocampus of KA rats. ..
- Li H, Jiang J, Tang F, Sun Y, Li Z, Zhang W, et al. Wide distribution and genetic diversity of "Candidatus Neoehrlichia mikurensis" in rodents from China. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2013;79:1024-7 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analyses based on the partial groEL and nearly entire 16S rRNA gene sequences of the agent revealed genetic diversity, which was correlated with its geographic origins...
- Hua Z, Hou B. TLR signaling in B-cell development and activation. Cell Mol Immunol. 2013;10:103-6 pubmed publisher..With TLR signaling modulating immune responses at these different levels, much more needs to be understood before we can depict the complete functions of innate signaling in host defense. ..
- Zhang Y, Wang Y, Liu Y, Wang N, Qi Y, Du J. Krüppel-like factor 4 transcriptionally regulates TGF-?1 and contributes to cardiac myofibroblast differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63424 pubmed publisher..Our studies demonstrate that Klf4 plays a pivotal role in Ang II-induced cardiac myofibroblast differentiation and collagen synthesis through transcriptional upregulation of TGF-?1...
- Peng T, Pan Y, Yang C, Gao X, Xi J, Wu Y, et al. Over-expression of CYP6A2 is associated with spirotetramat resistance and cross-resistance in the resistant strain of Aphis gossypii Glover. Pestic Biochem Physiol. 2016;126:64-9 pubmed publisher..These together with other cross-resistance results have implications for the successful implementation of resistance management strategies for Aphis gossypii. ..
- Tian W, Wang J, Zhang K, Teng H, Li C, Szyf M, et al. Demethylation of c-MYB binding site mediates upregulation of Bdnf IV in cocaine-conditioned place preference. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22087 pubmed publisher..Our results imply that Bdnf IV demethylation at c-MYB binding site is involved in cocaine-triggered seeking behavior, whereas Bdnf I responds to the immediate pharmacological effects of cocaine. ..
- Sun D, Zhou X, Yu H, He X, Guo W, Xiong W, et al. Regulation of neural stem cell proliferation and differentiation by Kinesin family member 2a. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179047 pubmed publisher..Together, these results reveal an important function of Kif2a in embryonic neocortical neurogenesis. ..
- Huang Z, Li J, Jiang Z, Qi Y, Tang C, Du J. Effects of adrenomedullin, C-type natriuretic peptide, and parathyroid hormone-related peptide on calcification in cultured rat vascular smooth muscle cells. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2003;42:89-97 pubmed..This study could be of help in understanding the pathogenesis of vascular calcification, and providing new target for clinical treatment of cardiovascular diseases associated with vascular calcification. ..
- Feng Z, Chang Y, Cheng Y, Zhang B, Qu Z, Qin C, et al. Melatonin alleviates behavioral deficits associated with apoptosis and cholinergic system dysfunction in the APP 695 transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. J Pineal Res. 2004;37:129-36 pubmed..Early rational melatonin interventions may be one of the most promising strategies in the development of approaches to retard or prevent Abeta-mediated disease progression. ..
- Nie Y, Wang P, Shi X, Wang G, Chen J, Zheng A, et al. Highly infectious SARS-CoV pseudotyped virus reveals the cell tropism and its correlation with receptor expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;321:994-1000 pubmed..In addition, we also demonstrated angiotensin 1 converting enzyme (ACE)-the homologue of ACE2 could not function as a receptor for SARS-CoV. ..
- Guo L, Ci H, Shan H, Zou X, Zhai Y, Li Y. [Molecular cloning and expression analysis of a novel human gene ZNF18]. Yi Chuan. 2005;27:523-30 pubmed..0, especially in the embryo heart at E10.5. These expression results suggest that ZNF18 may play an important role in the development of embryo heart. ..
- Guo J, Shen B, Feng J, Sun Y, Yu M, Hu M. A novel neutralizing monoclonal antibody against cell-binding polypeptide of ricin. Hybridoma (Larchmt). 2005;24:263-6 pubmed..The neutralizing MAb we obtained could be developed into an immunotherapeutic agent to counteract the use of ricin as a terrorist or biological warfare weapon. It might be useful, as well, for antibody-based prophylaxis. ..
- Yang L, Li Y, Zhu X, Tso M. Minocycline delayed photoreceptor death in rds mice through iNOS-dependent mechanism. Mol Vis. 2007;13:1073-82 pubmed
- Bi Y, Liu G, Yang R. MicroRNAs: novel regulators during the immune response. J Cell Physiol. 2009;218:467-72 pubmed publisher..Here, the latest findings were summarized to explore the function and mechanism of miRNAs in modulating innate and adaptive immune responses. ..
- Sun Q, Li W, She R, Wang D, Han D, Li R, et al. Evidence for a role of mast cells in the mucosal injury induced by Newcastle disease virus. Poult Sci. 2009;88:554-61 pubmed publisher..The overall results of this experiment suggest that mast cells are implicated in NDV-induced mucosal injury. Inhibition of mast cell mediator release may represent a novel strategy to modulate this process. ..
- Ji C, Li Q, Aisa H, Yang N, Dong Y, Liu Y, et al. Gossypium herbaceam extracts attenuate ibotenic acid-induced excitotoxicity in rat hippocampus. J Alzheimers Dis. 2009;16:331-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggested that GHE could be a potential agent for preventing or retarding the development or progression of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Zhang H, Sheng X, Hu X, Li X, Xu H, Zhang M, et al. Seasonal changes in spermatogenesis and immunolocalization of cytochrome P450 17alpha-hydroxylase/c17-20 lyase and cytochrome P450 aromatase in the wild male ground squirrel (Citellus dauricus Brandt). J Reprod Dev. 2010;56:297-302 pubmed
- Zheng Z, Li D, Chen X. [Study on the compound Fritilaria thunbergii Miq particles to the subcellular accumulation ability and inducing apoptosis of K562/A02 cells]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2010;30:167-9 pubmed..71% apoptosis. CFMP can inhibit the descend trend of the ADR and Rh123 fluorescence accumulation curve of K562/A02 cells, induce the apoptosis of K562/A02 cells to achieve the reverse intention of multi-drug resistance. ..
- Li W, Tang J, Lv F, Zhang H, Zhang S, An L. Effectiveness and safety of CEUS-guided haemostatic injection for blunt splenic trauma: an animal experiment. Radiol Med. 2010;115:1080-6 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that CEUS-guided percutaneous injection may provide a safe, feasible and effective therapy for blunt splenic trauma. ..
- Liu Q, Zhang G, Huang Y, Ren G, Chen L, Gao J, et al. Isolation and characterization of a reovirus causing spleen necrosis in Pekin ducklings. Vet Microbiol. 2011;148:200-6 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report of the isolation of a duck reovirus with high virulence in Pekin ducklings and SPF chickens. ..
- Sun Y, Tang Y, Wu A, Liu T, Dai X, Zheng Q, et al. Neuroprotective effect of liquiritin against focal cerebral ischemia/reperfusion in mice via its antioxidant and antiapoptosis properties. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2010;12:1051-60 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that liquiritin might be a potential agent against cerebral I/R injury in mice by its antioxidant and antiapoptosis properties. ..
- Gu X, Feng C, Ma L, Song C, Wang Y, Da Y, et al. Genome-wide association study of body weight in chicken F2 resource population. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21872 pubmed publisher..GGA1 and GGA18 had three SNP effects on body weight with genome-wide significance. Some of the SNP effects with the significance of "suggestive linkage" overlapped with previously reported results. ..
- Chen P, Huang Y, Bong R, Ding Y, Song N, Wang X, et al. Tumor-associated macrophages promote angiogenesis and melanoma growth via adrenomedullin in a paracrine and autocrine manner. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:7230-9 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a novel mechanism that TAMs enhance angiogenesis and melanoma growth via ADM and provides potential targets for melanoma therapies. ..
- Wang T, Yang Y, Xu B, Zhang Q, Jin C, Tang Y, et al. Atorvastatin accelerates both neointimal coverage and re-endothelialization after sirolimus-eluting stent implantation in a porcine model: new findings from optical coherence tomography and pathology. Circ J. 2012;76:2561-71 pubmed..022). Atorvastatin pretreatment can accelerate both neointimal coverage and re-endothelialization after SES implantation, which may be mediated by the mobilization of EPC and enhancement of the endothelial function of the neointima. ..
- Xu X, Ma W, Zhu Y, Wang C, Wang B, An N, et al. The microtubule-associated protein ASPM regulates spindle assembly and meiotic progression in mouse oocytes. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49303 pubmed publisher..Our results provide strong evidence that ASPM plays a critical role in meiotic spindle assembly and meiotic progression in mouse oocytes...
- Zhang Y, Wu S, Wang J, Wernike K, Lv J, Feng C, et al. Expression and purification of the nucleocapsid protein of Schmallenberg virus, and preparation and characterization of a monoclonal antibody against this protein. Protein Expr Purif. 2013;92:1-8 pubmed publisher..The successful preparation of recombinant N proteins and mAbs provides valuable materials that can be used in the serological diagnosis of SBV. ..
- Qu G, Ma J, Yu Y, Fu Y. Postnatal development of GABAergic interneurons in the neocortical subplate of mice. Neuroscience. 2016;322:78-93 pubmed publisher..These findings clarify and extend our understanding of SP interneurons in the developing cerebral cortex and will underpin further study of SP function. ..
- Cao F, Liu X, Cao X, Wang S, Fu K, Zhao Y, et al. Fibroblast growth factor 21 plays an inhibitory role in vascular calcification in vitro through OPG/RANKL system. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:578-586 pubmed publisher..FGF21 inhibited VSMCs calcification via OPG/RANKL system, and through P38 andPI3K/AKT pathways. ..
- Zhao Y, Xing C, Lu Z, Wang L, Li J, Zhao Y. [Effects of heat stress on DA mediated PI signal transduction system in rat striatum]. Space Med Med Eng (Beijing). 2001;14:116-9 pubmed..0 degrees C. Conclusion. During heat stress, DA mediated PI signal transduction system was activated. The increase of [Ca 2+]i might be mediated by D2R, and D2R antagonist may improve thermotolerance...
- Wu G, Guo J, Wan F, Xiao N. Responses of three successive generations of beet armyworm, Spodoptera exigua, fed exclusively on different levels of gossypol in cotton leaves. J Insect Sci. 2010;10:165 pubmed publisher..Measuring the development and food utilization of S. exigua at the individual and population levels over more than one generation provided more meaningful predictions of long-term population dynamics. ..
- Bai D, Chen H, Huang B. RanBPM is a novel binding protein for p75NTR. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;309:552-7 pubmed..The interaction was then validated by immunoprecipitation in mammalian cells and immunoblotting analysis. The domain in p75ICD interacting with RanBPM was mapped to the death domain. ..
- Liao X, Wang X, Jin H, Chen L, Chen Q. Mechanical stretch induces mitochondria-dependent apoptosis in neonatal rat cardiomyocytes and G2/M accumulation in cardiac fibroblasts. Cell Res. 2004;14:16-26 pubmed..Furthermore, we showed that p21 was upregulated and cyclin B1 was downregulated only in cardiac fibroblasts, which may be associated with G2/M accumulation in response to mechanical stretch. ..
- Chang H, Kong W, Tu P. [Chemical and pharmacological advances of study on Lysimachia]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2004;29:295-8 pubmed..The plants of genus Lysimachia are widespread in China, so it is a singificants work to study their chemical ingredients and pharmacological activities...
- Li W, Shi Z, Yu M, Ren W, Smith C, Epstein J, et al. Bats are natural reservoirs of SARS-like coronaviruses. Science. 2005;310:676-9 pubmed..The human and civet isolates of SARS-CoV nestle phylogenetically within the spectrum of SL-CoVs, indicating that the virus responsible for the SARS outbreak was a member of this coronavirus group...
- Li J, Niu C, Han S, Zu P, Li H, Xu Q, et al. Identification of protein kinase C isoforms involved in cerebral hypoxic preconditioning of mice. Brain Res. 2005;1060:62-72 pubmed..These results indicate that activation of cPKCbetaII, gamma, and nPKCepsilon might be involved in the development of cerebral hypoxic preconditioning of mice. ..
- Zhang L, Ao Q, Wang A, Lu G, Kong L, Gong Y, et al. A sandwich tubular scaffold derived from chitosan for blood vessel tissue engineering. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2006;77:277-84 pubmed..This study provided a novel method to fabricate chitosan and its complex into a tubular scaffold and demonstrated the feasibility of the scaffold employed in the field of blood vessel tissue engineering. ..
- Liao W, Yu C, Wen J, Jia W, Li G, Ke Y, et al. Adiponectin induces interleukin-6 production and activates STAT3 in adult mouse cardiac fibroblasts. Biol Cell. 2009;101:263-72 pubmed publisher..APN induces IL-6 production mediated by AdipoR1, not AdipoR2, in adult mouse CFBs, which leads to the stimulation of the gp130/JAK signalling pathway, and as a result causes STAT3 activation. ..
- Zhu W, Hou J, Liu K, Meng H, Tang X. [Clinical and radiographic evaluation of class III furcation defects in the treatment using autogenous periodontal ligament cells with or without enamel matrix derivatives]. Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2009;41:56-61 pubmed..The sizes of furcation defects and the coverage of gingival flap would influence the outcome of the treatment of class III furcation defects. ..
- Han C, Qi C, Zhao B, Cao J, Xie S, Wang S, et al. Hydrogenated castor oil nanoparticles as carriers for the subcutaneous administration of tilmicosin: in vitro and in vivo studies. J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 2009;32:116-23 pubmed publisher..The results of this exploratory study suggest that the HCO-SLN could be a useful system for the delivery of tilmicosin by subcutaneous administration. ..
- Lu L, Wang X, Wu P, Xu C, Zhao M, Morales M, et al. Role of ventral tegmental area glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor in incubation of cocaine craving. Biol Psychiatry. 2009;66:137-45 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that during the first weeks of withdrawal from cocaine self-administration, GDNF-dependent neuroadaptations in midbrain VTA neurons play an important role in the development of incubation of cocaine craving. ..
- Zhang Z, Li Q, Liang J, Dai X, Ding Y, Wang J, et al. Epigallocatechin-3-O-gallate (EGCG) protects the insulin sensitivity in rat L6 muscle cells exposed to dexamethasone condition. Phytomedicine. 2010;17:14-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we also demonstrated these EGCG effects essentially depended on the AMPK and Akt activation. Together, our data suggested that EGCG inhibited dexamethasone-induced insulin resistance through AMPK and PI3K/Akt pathway. ..
- Zhang X, Yao W, Jia B, Sun D, Ka W, He D, et al. Acute dichlorvos poisoning induces hemorheological abnormalities in rabbits via oxidative stress. Clin Hemorheol Microcirc. 2010;44:207-16 pubmed publisher..In summary, oxidative stress does occur in dichlorvos poisoning and may lead to hemorheological alterations. The changes of hemorheology may be responsible for the pathophysiology of the dichlorvos poisoning. ..
- Du X, Chen Z, Li W, Tan Y, Lu J, Zhu X, et al. Development of novel microsatellite DNA markers by cross-amplification and analysis of genetic variation in gerbils. J Hered. 2010;101:710-6 pubmed publisher..By using these 12 selected markers, we have demonstrated that genetic variation level within the CMU population is higher than that has been reported previously and are comparable with the levels found in 2 wild populations. ..
- Li H, Wang L, Yan X, Liu Q, Yu C, Wei H, et al. A proton nuclear magnetic resonance metabonomics approach for biomarker discovery in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. J Proteome Res. 2011;10:2797-806 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the probability of developing NAFLD at a particular stage was assessed by multinomial logistic regression (MLR) based on the clinical results of the four serum metabolites. ..
- Chen Y, Yang M, Deng J, Chen X, Ye Y, Zhu L, et al. Expression of human FUS protein in Drosophila leads to progressive neurodegeneration. Protein Cell. 2011;2:477-86 pubmed publisher..The transgenic flies expressing the hFUS gene recapitulate key features of FUS proteinopathy, representing the first stable animal model for this group of devastating diseases. ..
- Bian F, Mao G, Guo M, Mao G, Wang J, Li J, et al. Gradients of natriuretic peptide precursor A (NPPA) in oviduct and of natriuretic peptide receptor 1 (NPR1) in spermatozoon are involved in mouse sperm chemotaxis and fertilization. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:2230-9 pubmed publisher..5%). These results suggest that a NPPA gradient originating in the oviduct induces sperm chemotaxis by binding to its receptor NPR1 and then activating PKG pathway, and plays a physiological role in fertilization. ..
- Li Z, Liu X, Chu Y, Wang Y, Zhang Q, Zhou X. Cloning and characterization of a 2-cys peroxiredoxin in the pine wood nematode, Bursaphelenchus xylophilus, a putative genetic factor facilitating the infestation. Int J Biol Sci. 2011;7:823-36 pubmed..In summary, BxPrx is a genetic factor potentially facilitating B. xylophilus infestation. ..
- Shi J, Fu W, Wang X, Xu Y, Li G, Hong B, et al. Tissue engineering of ureteral grafts by seeding urothelial differentiated hADSCs onto biodegradable ureteral scaffolds. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2012;100:2612-22 pubmed publisher..These cells could be employed to construct a model of ureteral engineering grafts and be effectively applied in vivo, which could be a new strategy on ureteral replacement with applicable potential in clinical research. ..
- Yu Y, Li N, Ma Y, Wang S, Yu W, Sun Z. Three types of human CpG motifs differentially modulate and augment immunogenicity of nonviral and viral replicon DNA vaccines as built-in adjuvants. Eur J Immunol. 2013;43:228-39 pubmed publisher..Our study provides not only a better understanding of the in vivo activities of CpG motif adjuvants but implications for the rational design of such motifs as built-in adjuvants for DNA vectors targeting specific antigens. ..
- Li J, Shao B, Shen J, Wang S, Wu Y. Occurrence of chloramphenicol-resistance genes as environmental pollutants from swine feedlots. Environ Sci Technol. 2013;47:2892-7 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first study to examine the occurrence of floR, fexA, cfr, and fexB genes in the environment using a culture-independent method...
- Li F, Lei T, Zhu J, Wang W, Sun Y, Chen J, et al. A novel small-molecule thienoquinolin urea transporter inhibitor acts as a potential diuretic. Kidney Int. 2013;83:1076-86 pubmed publisher..PU-14 may establish 'chemical knockout' animal models to study the physiological functions of UTs. ..