Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on aging in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Publications149 found, 100 shown here
- Wang Y, Li X, Guo Y, Chan L, Guan X. alpha-Lipoic acid increases energy expenditure by enhancing adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase-peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator-1alpha signaling in the skeletal muscle of aged mice. Metabolism. 2010;59:967-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, LA may be a promising supplement for treatment of obesity and/or insulin resistance in older patients. ..
- Ren Y, Yang X, Niu X, Liu S, Ren G. Chemical characterization of the avenanthramide-rich extract from oat and its effect on D-galactose-induced oxidative stress in mice. J Agric Food Chem. 2011;59:206-11 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrated that ARE possessed the antioxidant activity and was effective against D-galactose-induced oxidative stress. ..
- Wang M, Wu X, Li L, Schneider B. The effects of age and interaural delay on detecting a change in interaural correlation: The role of temporal jitter. Hear Res. 2011;275:139-49 pubmed publisher..The implications of these results for age-related changes in stream segregation are discussed. ..
- Xuan Q, Xu S, Lu D, Yu S, Zhou M, Ueda K, et al. Increased expression of ?-synuclein in aged human brain associated with neuromelanin accumulation. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2011;118:1575-83 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that age related accumulation of NM might induce ?-synuclein over-expression and thereby make dopamine neurons more vulnerable to injuries. ..
- Wang H, Wang L, Liu X, Li C, Xu S, Farooq A. Neuroprotective effects of forsythiaside on learning and memory deficits in senescence-accelerated mouse prone (SAMP8) mice. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2013;105:134-41 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrated that forsythiaside may be a useful treatment against amnesia. ..
- Wang X, Zheng J, Ning Z, Qu L, Xu G, Yang N. Laying performance and egg quality of blue-shelled layers as affected by different housing systems. Poult Sci. 2009;88:1485-92 pubmed publisher..In a proper marketing system, lower productivity could be balanced by a higher price for the better quality of blue-shelled eggs. ..
- Zhang G, Cheng X, Zhou W, Zhang Y. Age-related expression of STUB1 in senescence-accelerated mice and its response to anti-Alzheimer's disease traditional Chinese medicine. Neurosci Lett. 2008;438:371-5 pubmed publisher..The data suggested that a deficiency in STUB1 may lead to a reduction in aberrant protein scavenging, causing abnormal protein accumulation in the brain of SAMP8. Thus, STUB1 might be a potential target for anti-AD TCM. ..
- Wang C, Wei D, Wang B, Zhang J, Zhang K, Ma M, et al. Effect of lifestyle on the prevalence of the metabolic syndrome among farmers, migrants with Yi ethnicity and Han population in Sichuan province of China. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2010;19:266-73 pubmed
- Li C, Deng H, Li D, Li Z. Advances and challenges in screening traditional Chinese anti-aging materia medica. Chin J Integr Med. 2013;19:243-52 pubmed publisher..To further improve screening studies in TCAM, we suggest that the D-galactose aging model be incorporated into the lifespan test in the New Drugs of Traditional Chinese Medicine Research Guide. ..
- Xiao J, Weng J, Ji L, Jia W, Lu J, Shan Z, et al. Worse pancreatic β-cell function and better insulin sensitivity in older Chinese without diabetes. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2014;69:463-70 pubmed publisher..Insulin insufficiency and insulin resistance may contribute disproportionately to abnormal glucose tolerance in people of different age. ..
- Tian L, Ma L, Wang L. Alterations of functional connectivities from early to middle adulthood: Clues from multivariate pattern analysis of resting-state fMRI data. Neuroimage. 2016;129:389-400 pubmed publisher..Overall, the present study indicated that the RSFCs undergo notable alterations from early to middle adulthood and highlighted the necessity of careful considerations of possible influences of these alterations in related studies. ..
- Zhang D, Liu G, Shi J, Zhang J. Effects of Coeloglossum. viride var. bracteatum extract on memory deficits and pathological changes in senescent mice. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2006;98:55-60 pubmed..Treatment of CE (2.5, 5 mg.kg(-1)) ameliorated the memory impairment; rectified the biochemistry and neural system changes in mice. These results suggest that CE offers promise as a tool for treatment of senescence-related diseases. ..
- Li M, Li J, Zhao A, Gu J. Do young patients with colorectal cancer have a poorer prognosis than old patients?. J Surg Res. 2011;167:231-6 pubmed publisher..Other clinicopathologic characteristics, and tumor markers such as CEA, MMP-2, and p27(kip1), were also similar between young and old CRC patients. ..
- Huangfu J, Liu J, Sun Z, Wang M, Jiang Y, Chen Z, et al. Antiaging effects of astaxanthin-rich alga Haematococcus pluvialis on fruit flies under oxidative stress. J Agric Food Chem. 2013;61:7800-4 pubmed publisher..These results, taken together, strongly support the antiaging properties of HP and its therapeutic rather than preventive potential against aging-related diseases. ..
- Li Y, Ma H, Lu Y, Tan B, Xu L, Lawal T, et al. Menoprogen, a TCM Herbal Formula for Menopause, Increases Endogenous E2 in an Aged Rat Model of Menopause by Reducing Ovarian Granulosa Cell Apoptosis. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:2574637 pubmed publisher..This work demonstrates that Menoprogen inhibits GC apoptosis in aged female rats and thereby increases E2 production. This represents a novel mechanism of action for this herbal medicine in the treatment of menopausal symptoms. ..
- Qin Y, Tian Y. A microarray gene analysis of peripheral whole blood in normal adult male rats after long-term GH gene therapy. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2010;15:177-95 pubmed publisher..This will contribute to an increased mechanistic understanding of the effects of chronic GH gene therapy abuse/misuse in normal subjects. ..
- Hu J, Yang M, Deng X, Lu J. [Effect of Kidney-Tonifying and Blood-Promoting Recipe on the expression of CD11b/CD18 and Bcl-2/Bax in aged patients with kidney deficiency and blood stasis syndrome]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2010;30:760-2 pubmed
- Wuri G, Wang D, Zhou Y, Zhu S. Effects of surgical stress on long-term memory function in mice of different ages. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2011;55:474-85 pubmed publisher..037). Partial hepatectomy did not produce significant long-term effects on memory function in 4-month-old mice. However, it significantly improved long-term memory function in 16-month-old mice. ..
- Yang W, Guo W, Liu H, Xu Y, Chen L, Hu B. Age-related changes in the ratio of Mcl-1/Bax expression in the rat cochlea. Acta Otolaryngol. 2012;132:123-32 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the changes in Mcl-1 and Bax expression are spatially related to the sensory cells showing the sign of degeneration. ..
- Zhai Y, Shi X, Fitzgerald S, Qian H, Kraus V, Sereny M, et al. High sensitivity C-reactive protein associated with different health predictors in middle-aged and oldest old Chinese. Biomed Environ Sci. 2012;25:257-66 pubmed publisher..HDL-C is a stronger predictor of elevated hsCRP than other metabolic factors in the middle-aged population. For the oldest old persons, high TG, low HDL-C, and FBG predict elevated plasma hsCRP. ..
- Shen E, Song C, Lin Y, Zhang W, Su P, Liu W, et al. Mitoflash frequency in early adulthood predicts lifespan in Caenorhabditis elegans. Nature. 2014;508:128-32 pubmed publisher..elegans lifespan across genetic, environmental and stochastic factors. They also support the notion that the rate of ageing, although adjustable in later life, has been set to a considerable degree before reproduction ceases. ..
- Ren L, Liang H, Diao L, He S. Changing dendritic field size of mouse retinal ganglion cells in early postnatal development. Dev Neurobiol. 2010;70:397-407 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate different RGCs show different modes of growth, whereas most subtypes exhibit a fast expansion followed by a retraction phase to reach the adult size. ..
- Chen Z, Miao G, Liu M, Hao G, Liu Y, Fang X, et al. Age-related up-regulation of beta3-adrenergic receptor in heart-failure rats. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2010;30:227-33 pubmed publisher..beta3-AR protein levels increased significantly when heart failure worsened in aging rats. These results suggest that beta3-AR expression in age-related heart-failure rats and left ventricular function were highly correlated. ..
- Shi J, Song X, Yu P, Tang Z, Mitnitski A, Fang X, et al. Analysis of frailty and survival from late middle age in the Beijing Longitudinal Study of Aging. BMC Geriatr. 2011;11:17 pubmed publisher..01). A dose-response relationship was observed as frailty increased. A Frailty Index employed in a Chinese sample, showed properties comparable with Western data, but deficit accumulation appeared to be more lethal than in the West. ..
- Li W, van Tol M, Li M, Miao W, Jiao Y, Heinze H, et al. Regional specificity of sex effects on subcortical volumes across the lifespan in healthy aging. Hum Brain Mapp. 2014;35:238-47 pubmed publisher..Given strong involvement of the basal ganglia in both cognitive aging and emotional regulation, our findings may be crucial for studies investigating the onset and prevalence of dementia and depressive symptoms in male and female aging. ..
- Tian G, Wei W, Zhang W, Zhang L, You H, Liu W, et al. Increasing age associated with elevated cardio-ankle vascular index scores in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Int Med Res. 2013;41:435-44 pubmed publisher..Patients with type 2 diabetes had an increased risk of arterial stiffness, based on the CAVI score, compared with nondiabetic patients; this, in turn, could increase their risk of developing other cardiovascular complications. ..
- Wu N, Liu H, Chen J, Zhao L, Zuo W, Ming Y, et al. Comparison of apparent diffusion coefficient and T2 relaxation time variation patterns in assessment of age and disc level related intervertebral disc changes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69052 pubmed publisher..ADC values may be a more sensitive parameter than T2 in assessing age and disc level related intervertebral disc changes. ..
- Xu D, Yang C, Wang L. Cerebral amyloid angiopathy in aged Chinese: a clinico-neuropathological study. Acta Neuropathol. 2003;106:89-91 pubmed
- Liang Y, Friedman D, Zhou Q, Yang X, Sun L, Guo L, et al. Prevalence of primary open angle glaucoma in a rural adult Chinese population: the Handan eye study. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:8250-7 pubmed publisher..Given the rapid aging and myopic shift (acquired myopia) in China's population, POAG is likely to increase in prevalence in the coming decades. ..
- Pan H, Cai N, Li M, Liu G, Izpisua Belmonte J. Autophagic control of cell 'stemness'. EMBO Mol Med. 2013;5:327-31 pubmed publisher..Here, we shall discuss the accumulating evidence suggesting that autophagy plays a critical role in the homeostatic control of stem cell functions during aging, tissue regeneration, and cellular reprogramming. ..
- Dai P, Yang W, Jiang S, Gu R, Yuan H, Han D, et al. Correlation of cochlear blood supply with mitochondrial DNA common deletion in presbyacusis. Acta Otolaryngol. 2004;124:130-6 pubmed..The symptoms of presbyacusis may occur when the function of the acoustic neural system is impaired as a result of abnormal mtDNA metabolism reaching a particular threshold. ..
- Ding L, Yang F. Muscle weakness is related to slip-initiated falls among community-dwelling older adults. J Biomech. 2016;49:238-43 pubmed publisher..Our findings could provide guidance to identify individuals at increased risk of falling using the derived optimal cutoff values of knee strength capacity among older adults. ..
- Zhang C, Chen P, Fei Y, Liu B, Ma K, Fu X, et al. Wnt/?-catenin signaling is critical for dedifferentiation of aged epidermal cells in vivo and in vitro. Aging Cell. 2012;11:14-23 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that activation of Wnt/?-catenin pathway induced the dedifferentiation of aged epidermal cells, which suggest a new approach to generate epidermal stem cell-like cells. ..
- Chen C, He W, Wang Y, Deng L, Jia F. Nutritional status of children during and post-global economic crisis in China. Biomed Environ Sci. 2011;24:321-8 pubmed publisher..A proper national nutritional strategy for children under 2 years old, including nutrition supplementation for pregnant women and in-home fortification for complementary feeding, should be initiated. ..
- Xue H, Xian B, Dong D, Xia K, Zhu S, Zhang Z, et al. A modular network model of aging. Mol Syst Biol. 2007;3:147 pubmed..Network simulations further suggest that aging might preferentially attack key regulatory nodes that are important for the network stability, implicating a potential molecular basis for the stochastic nature of aging. ..
- Li Z, Rong X, Liu Y, Ni C, Tian X, Mo N, et al. Activation of the canonical nuclear factor-?B pathway is involved in isoflurane-induced hippocampal interleukin-1? elevation and the resultant cognitive deficits in aged rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;438:628-34 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results demonstrate that isoflurane-induced cognitive deficits may stem from upregulation of hippocampal IL-1?, partially via activation of the canonical NF-?B pathway, in aged rats. ..
- Richardson A, Fischer K, Speakman J, De Cabo R, Mitchell S, Peterson C, et al. Measures of Healthspan as Indices of Aging in Mice-A Recommendation. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2016;71:427-30 pubmed publisher..Finally, we strongly recommend that functional measurements be performed in both males and females so that sex differences in the rate of functional decline in different domains are taken into consideration. ..
- Yang W, Hu B, Sun J, Zhai S, Henderson D. Death mode-dependent reduction in succinate dehydrogenase activity in hair cells of aging rat cochleae. Chin Med J (Engl). 2010;123:1633-8 pubmed..These results suggest that mitochondrial energetic function is involved in the regulation of cell death pathways in the pathogenesis of aging cochleae. ..
- He M, Abdou A, Ellwein L, Naidoo K, Sapkota Y, Thulasiraj R, et al. Age-related prevalence and met need for correctable and uncorrectable near vision impairment in a multi-country study. Ophthalmology. 2014;121:417-422 pubmed publisher..Prevalence of correctable NVI is greatest among persons of working age, and rates of correction are low in many settings, suggesting that strategies targeting the workplace may be needed. ..
- Chen C, Meng S, Xue Y, Han Y, Sun C, Deng J, et al. Epigenetic modification of PKMÎ¶ rescues aging-related cognitive impairment. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22096 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that PKMÎ¶ might be a potential target for the treatment of aging-related cognitive impairment, suggesting a potential therapeutic avenue. ..
- Bi X, Zhao H, Zhang Z, Zhang J. Association of RFC1 A80G and MTHFR C677T polymorphisms with Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2009;30:1601-7 pubmed publisher..No significant effect of RFC1 G80A and MTHFR C677T polymorphisms on plasma folate and homocysteine levels was detected. ..
- Zhang X, Zhang Q, Wang D. Litter size variation in hypothalamic gene expression determines adult metabolic phenotype in Brandt's voles (Lasiopodomys brandtii). PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19913 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that litter size may be an important and central determinant of metabolic fitness in adulthood. ..
- Zhang X, Han D, Ding D, Dai P, Yang W, Jiang S, et al. Cochlear mitochondrial DNA3867bp deletion in aged mice. Chin Med J (Engl). 2002;115:1390-3 pubmed..The ratio of deleted mtDNA/total mtDNA in 17 - 19 month old mice was higher than in 7 - 10 month old mice (P < 0.001). Cochlear mtDNA 3867bp deletion in aged mice may be related to presbycusis. ..
- Xin Y, Wang Y, Zhang H, Li J, Wang W, Wei Y, et al. Aging adversely impacts biological properties of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells: implications for tissue engineering heart valve construction. Artif Organs. 2010;34:215-22 pubmed publisher..However, the proliferative and differentiation properties of aged cells, as well as cytokine release and migratory abilities, are significantly impaired. ..
- Xu B, Xiong F, Tian R, Zhan S, Gao Y, Qiu W, et al. Temporal lobe in human aging: A quantitative protein profiling study of samples from Chinese Human Brain Bank. Exp Gerontol. 2016;73:31-41 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a series of changes across a wide range of proteins in the human temporal lobe that may relate to aging and age-related neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Xu L, Liu L, Yuan M, Li S, Yue X, Lai J, et al. Short photoperiod condition increases susceptibility to stress in adolescent male rats. Behav Brain Res. 2016;300:38-44 pubmed publisher..The present study provides evidence of the susceptibility to the seasonality of stress-related disorders in adolescence. ..
- Yang R, Fu S, Zhao L, Zhen B, Ye L, Niu X, et al. Quantitation of circulating GDF-11 and Î²2-MG in aged patients with age-related impairment in cognitive function. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:1895-1904 pubmed publisher..However, it is possible that the relatively small sample size in the present study affected the quality of the statistical analysis, and future studies are needed to further validate our findings. ..
- Xin M, Chen H, Luo B, Sun J. Severe acute pancreatitis in the elderly: etiology and clinical characteristics. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:2517-21 pubmed..It is crucial to monitor and improve the functions of major organs so as to prevent MODS in the aged with SAP. ..
- Piao X, Cai P, Liu S, Hou N, Hao L, Yang F, et al. Global expression analysis revealed novel gender-specific gene expression features in the blood fluke parasite Schistosoma japonicum. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18267 pubmed publisher..In this study, the polyadenylated transcripts from male and female S. japonicum were isolated for deep sequencing and the sequences were systematically analysed...
- Han L, Li M, Liu Y, Han C, Ye P. Atorvastatin may delay cardiac aging by upregulating peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors in rats. Pharmacology. 2012;89:74-82 pubmed publisher..Pretreatment with PPAR inhibitors attenuated the inhibitory effect of AVT on the expression of inflammatory cytokines. AVT may retard the cardiac aging process by upregulating PPARs. ..
- Liang D, Han G, Feng X, Sun J, Duan Y, Lei H. Concerted perturbation observed in a hub network in Alzheimer's disease. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40498 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it is potentially useful for the development of biomarkers and network medicine for AD. ..
- Fang E, Scheibye Knudsen M, Jahn H, Li J, Ling L, Guo H, et al. A research agenda for aging in China in the 21st century. Ageing Res Rev. 2015;24:197-205 pubmed publisher..We propose ideas for preparation of the impending aging burden and the creation of a nurturing environment conducive to healthy aging in China. ..
- Chen Z, Meng H, Xing G, Yuan H, Zhao F, Liu R, et al. Age-related differences in pulmonary and cardiovascular responses to SiO2 nanoparticle inhalation: nanotoxicity has susceptible population. Environ Sci Technol. 2008;42:8985-92 pubmed..Our results suggest that different ages may require different biomarkers for identifying pulmonary toxicity during inhalation of nanoparticles. ..
- ..Chronic impairments of the brain resulted from formaldehyde stress could be one of the mechanisms involved in the process of senile dementia during ageing. ..
- Cui J, Shi S, Sun X, Cai G, Cui S, Hong Q, et al. Mitochondrial autophagy involving renal injury and aging is modulated by caloric intake in aged rat kidneys. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69720 pubmed publisher..The study firstly suggests that HC diet inhibits renal autophagy and aggravates renal oxidative damage and aging, while CR enhances renal autophagy and ameliorates oxidative damage and aging in the kidneys. ..
- Li Q, Zhao H, Zhang Z, Liu Z, Pei X, Wang J, et al. Long-term green tea catechin administration prevents spatial learning and memory impairment in senescence-accelerated mouse prone-8 mice by decreasing Abeta1-42 oligomers and upregulating synaptic plasticity-related proteins in the hippocampus. Neuroscience. 2009;163:741-9 pubmed publisher..05% or 0.1% green tea catechin administration may prevent spatial learning and memory decline of SAMP8 mice by decreasing Abeta(1-42) oligomers and upregulating synaptic plasticity-related proteins in the hippocampus. ..
- Tang Z, Wang C, Song X, Shi J, Mitnitski A, Fang X, et al. Co-occurrence of cardiometabolic diseases and frailty in older Chinese adults in the Beijing Longitudinal Study of Ageing. Age Ageing. 2013;42:346-51 pubmed publisher..Healthcare providers who work with older adults with such problems need to develop methods to adapt their treatments to the needs of frail older adults. ..
- Yin H, Shi Z, Yu Y, Hu J, Wang R, Luan Z, et al. Protection against osteoporosis by statins is linked to a reduction of oxidative stress and restoration of nitric oxide formation in aged and ovariectomized rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012;674:200-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, protection against osteoporosis by statins is linked to a reduction of oxidative stress and restoration of NO formation in aged and ovariectomized rats. ..
- Tao L, Lei Y, Wang G, Zhu L, Wang Y. Effect of extracts from Radix Ginseng, Radix Notoginseng and Rhizoma Chuanxiong on delaying aging of vascular smooth muscle cells in aged rats. Chin J Integr Med. 2012;18:582-90 pubmed publisher..05). VSMCs obtained from old rats showed typical signs of cellular senescence and vascular aging. EXT had an effect on delaying senescence of VSMCs in vitro by altering the p16-cyclinD/CDK-Rb pathway. ..
- Shao L, Li Q, Tan Z. L-carnosine reduces telomere damage and shortening rate in cultured normal fibroblasts. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;324:931-6 pubmed..We suggest that the reduction in telomere shortening rate and damages in telomeric DNA made an important contribution to the life-extension effect of carnosine. ..
- Yang S, Qiao H, Wen L, Zhou W, Zhang Y. D-serine enhances impaired long-term potentiation in CA1 subfield of hippocampal slices from aged senescence-accelerated mouse prone/8. Neurosci Lett. 2005;379:7-12 pubmed..These results suggest that absence of d-serine or dysfunction of the astrocytes possibly was one of mechanisms underlying the decrease of NMDA receptor-dependent LTP and cognition in aged SAMP8. ..
- An J, Zheng J, Li J, Zeng D, Qu L, Xu G, et al. Effect of myofiber characteristics and thickness of perimysium and endomysium on meat tenderness of chickens. Poult Sci. 2010;89:1750-4 pubmed publisher..27) and the thickness of endomysium (-0.29) and positively correlated with the thickness of perimysium (0.20). It is suggested that muscle membrane should be considered in evaluating meat tenderness of the chicken. ..
- Yang Y, Cheng X, Zhang G, Zhou W, Zhang Y. Autocrine motility factor receptor is involved in the process of learning and memory in the central nervous system. Behav Brain Res. 2012;229:412-8 pubmed publisher..This indicated that AMFR is involved in the process of learning and memory in the central nervous system. These results may provide useful clues for understanding the etiology of AD. ..
- Song J, Shao Q, Tian Y, Na Y, Chen S, Wang Y, et al. [Association between lower urinary tract symptoms and erectile dysfunction in males aged 50 years and above: results from a multicenter community-based cross-sectional survey (BPC-BPH)]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2011;91:2706-9 pubmed..To survey the incidence of lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) and erectile dysfunction (ED) in males aged ? 50 years and explore the correlation between LUTS and ED...
- Li H, Zhou C, Chen D, Fang N, Yao Y, Li L. Failure to protect against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury with sevoflurane postconditioning in old rats in vivo. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2013;57:1024-31 pubmed publisher..SpostC-mediated cardioprotection in young rats is not effective in senescent rats, which may at least be the consequence of failure to activate Akt and ERK1/2, and resultant failure to inhibit mPTP opening. ..
- Li M, Guo K, Adachi Y, Ikehara S. Immune Dysfunction Associated with Abnormal Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stroma Cells in Senescence Accelerated Mice. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..We also found increased reactive oxygen stress and decreased PI3K and MAPK on the BMMSCs. These results suggested the BMMSCs were abnormal in SAMP10, and that this might be related to the immune system dysfunction in these mice. ..
- Liao X, Vasilakos A, He Y. Small-world human brain networks: Perspectives and challenges. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2017;77:286-300 pubmed publisher..Finally, we highlight several challenging issues and areas for future research in this rapidly growing field. ..
- Sun X, Chen Y, Chen X, Wang J, Xi C, Lin S, et al. Change of glomerular filtration rate in healthy adults with aging. Nephrology (Carlton). 2009;14:506-13 pubmed publisher..In the clinically healthy adults, GFR declined with age. MDRD and CG equation are not suitable to estimate GFR in healthy adults. The predicted equation established by cystatin C and C-reactive protein may be more accurate. ..
- Cao J, Zou H, Zhu B, Wang H, Li J, Ding Y, et al. Sex hormones and androgen receptor: risk factors of coronary heart disease in elderly men. Chin Med Sci J. 2010;25:44-9 pubmed..05). Elderly male patients with CHD are found to have low levels of DHEAS, TT, FT, SHBG, and AR, while high concentrations of E2 and FSH. Low levels of TT and SHBG may be the potential risk factors of CHD in elderly men. ..
- Zhao M, Shi X, Liang J, Miao Y, Xie W, Zhang Y, et al. Expression of pro- and anti-angiogenic isoforms of VEGF in the mouse model of oxygen-induced retinopathy. Exp Eye Res. 2011;93:921-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, anti-angiogenic therapy that could alter the ratio of VEGFxxxb/VEGFxxx may be more effective. ..
- Shu N, Li X, Ma C, Zhang J, Chen K, Liang Y, et al. Effects of APOE promoter polymorphism on the topological organization of brain structural connectome in nondemented elderly. Hum Brain Mapp. 2015;36:4847-58 pubmed publisher..This polymorphism may help us to understand the neural mechanisms of cognitive aging and to serve as a potential marker assessing the risk of AD. ..
- Yang W, Li X, Li X, Li X, Yu S. Neuronal hemoglobin in mitochondria is reduced by forming a complex with Î±-synuclein in aging monkey brains. Oncotarget. 2016;7:7441-54 pubmed publisher..The above results suggest that Î±-syn forms a complex with nHb in selected regions of the aging brain, thereby decreasing mitochondrial function and increasing the risk of PD. ..
- Zheng J, Hei A, Zuo P, Dong Y, Song X, Takagi Y, et al. Age-related alterations in the expression of MTH2 in the hippocampus of the SAMP8 mouse with learning and memory deterioration. J Neurol Sci. 2009;287:188-96 pubmed publisher..In SAMR1 mice, accumulation of 8-oxoguanine in the DNA was not observed. These results suggest that the MTH2 deficiency might be one of the causative factors for accelerated aging. ..
- Zhang Y, Chen X, Wu D, Shi S, Yin Z, Ding R, et al. Expression of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases-1 during aging in rat liver. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:3696-700 pubmed..TIMP-1 may play an important role in the process of liver aging. ..
- Nie H, Wu Y, Yao C, Tang D. Suppression of edr2-mediated powdery mildew resistance, cell death and ethylene-induced senescence by mutations in ALD1 in Arabidopsis. J Genet Genomics. 2011;38:137-48 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that ALD1 plays important roles in edr2-mediated defense responses, and senescence and revealed a crosstalk between ethylene and salicylic acid signaling mediated by ALD1 and EDR2. ..
- Sun D, Cui T, Luo H, Li R, Cui S, Liu J. Cell-specific distributions of estrogen receptor alpha (ER?) and androgen receptor (AR) in anterior pituitary glands from adult cockerels as revealed by immunohistochemistry. Cell Tissue Res. 2012;348:551-8 pubmed publisher..The functions and related mechanisms still need to be elucidated further. ..
- Tong Z, Han C, Luo W, Li H, Luo H, Qiang M, et al. Aging-associated excess formaldehyde leads to spatial memory deficits. Sci Rep. 2013;3:1807 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that aging-associated excess formaldheyde contributes to cognitive decline during aging...
- Shi L, Liu X, Li N, Liu B, Liu Y. Aging decreases the contribution of MaxiK channel in regulating vascular tone in mesenteric artery by unparallel downregulation of ?- and ?1-subunit expression. Mech Ageing Dev. 2013;134:416-25 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that aging decreases capability of MaxiK channel in regulating vascular tone in the MA, which may be partially mediated by unparallel downregulation of ?- and ?1-subunit expression. ..
- Deng H, Zheng A, Liu G, Chang W, Zhang S, Cai H. Activation of mammalian target of rapamycin signaling in skeletal muscle of neonatal chicks: effects of dietary leucine and age. Poult Sci. 2014;93:114-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, high dietary leucine activates target of rapamycin signaling pathways in skeletal muscle of neonatal chicks to stimulate muscle protein synthesis, and this pathway is attenuated with aging. ..
- Zou X, Li Y, Cai X, Zhang S, Zhang X, Han X, et al. Decreased Glycemic Difference Between Diabetes and Nondiabetes in the Elderly Leads to the Reduced Diagnostic Accuracy of Hemoglobin A1c for Diabetes Screening in an Aged Chinese Population. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2016;18:226-32 pubmed publisher..The accuracy of HbA1c for detecting OGTT-defined diabetes declines with age. This is largely due to the decreased separation in glycemic levels between participants with diabetes and without diabetes in the elderly. ..
- Deng H, Cui D, Jiang J, Feng Y, Cai N, Li D. Inhibiting effects of Achyranthes bidentata polysaccharide and Lycium barbarum polysaccharide on nonenzyme glycation in D-galactose induced mouse aging model. Biomed Environ Sci. 2003;16:267-75 pubmed..To investigate the inhibiting effects and mechanism of achyranthes bidentata polysaccharide (ABP) and lycium barbarum polysaccharide (LBP) on nonenzyme glycation in D-galactose induced mouse aging model...
- Li Z, Chen X, Xie Y, Shi S, Feng Z, Fu B, et al. Expression and significance of integrin-linked kinase in cultured cells, normal tissue, and diseased tissue of aging rat kidneys. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2004;59:984-96 pubmed..The results suggest that ILK may be involved in the fibrotic or senescent process in the aging kidney. ..
- Bu S, Yang Y, Miao C, Li H, Newcomer R, Sang Q, et al. Developmental and hormonal regulation of meltrin beta (ADAM19) expression in mouse testes during embryonic and postnatal life. Life Sci. 2006;79:2112-8 pubmed..Furthermore, ADAM19 can act to regulate the proliferation of perinatal testis cells in the perinatal period. ..
- Fang F, Liu G. A novel cyclic squamosamide analogue compound FLZ improves memory impairment in artificial senescence mice induced by chronic injection of D-galactose and NaNO2. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2007;101:447-54 pubmed
- Chen Y, Yang M, Deng J, Chen X, Ye Y, Zhu L, et al. Expression of human FUS protein in Drosophila leads to progressive neurodegeneration. Protein Cell. 2011;2:477-86 pubmed publisher..The transgenic flies expressing the hFUS gene recapitulate key features of FUS proteinopathy, representing the first stable animal model for this group of devastating diseases. ..