Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on acetylation in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
- Long J, Zhao J, Yan Z, Liu Z, Wang N. Antitumor effects of a novel sulfur-containing hydroxamate histone deacetylase inhibitor H40. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:1235-44 pubmed publisher..We conclude that H40 might have clinical value in cancer chemotherapy and warrants further investigation in this regard. ..
- Zou C, Hou S, Shi Y, Lei P, Liang X. The synthesis of gracillin and dioscin: two typical representatives of spirostanol glycosides. Carbohydr Res. 2003;338:721-7 pubmed..A procedure using guanidine for the selective deblocking of acetyl while retaining benzoyl protecting groups is described. ..
- Huang J, Yang C, Zhao R, Takahashi H, Fukuyama Y. Seven novel seco-prezizaane-type sesquiterpenes from the pericarps of Illicium merrillianum. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2004;52:104-7 pubmed..Compounds 4 and 5 as well as 6 and 7 coexist as a keto/acetal equilibrated mixture in methanol solution. ..
- Xin L, Zhou G, Song W, Wu X, Wei G, Hao D, et al. Exploring cellular memory molecules marking competent and active transcriptions. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:31 pubmed
- Suo L, Meng Q, Pei Y, Fu X, Wang Y, Bunch T, et al. Effect of cryopreservation on acetylation patterns of lysine 12 of histone H4 (acH4K12) in mouse oocytes and zygotes. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2010;27:735-41 pubmed publisher..Cryopreservation alters AcH4K12 patterns in oocytes, which subsequently affect the chromatin distribution and acH4K12 in fertilized oocytes. ..
- Yang Z, Tang H, Huang H, Deng H. RTA promoter demethylation and histone acetylation regulation of murine gammaherpesvirus 68 reactivation. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4556 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data showed that histone acetylation, but not DNA demethylation, is sufficient for effective reactivation of MHV-68 from latency in S11E cells. ..
- Wang H, Zhou W, Zheng Z, Zhang P, Tu B, He Q, et al. The HDAC inhibitor depsipeptide transactivates the p53/p21 pathway by inducing DNA damage. DNA Repair (Amst). 2012;11:146-56 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that depsipeptide plays an anti-neoplastic role by generating ROS to elicit p53/p21 pathway activation. ..
- Gong M, Ni J, Jia H. Increased exchange rate of histone H1 on chromatin by exogenous myogenin expression. Cell Res. 2002;12:395-400 pubmed..These results suggest that the expression of exogenous Myogenin can induce chromatin remodeling and activate the transcription of Myogenin-targeted gene in non-muscle cells. ..
- Kong R, Zhang L, Hu L, Peng Q, Han W, Du X, et al. hALP, a novel transcriptional U three protein (t-UTP), activates RNA polymerase I transcription by binding and acetylating the upstream binding factor (UBF). J Biol Chem. 2011;286:7139-48 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provide a mechanism in which a novel t-UTP activates Pol I transcription by binding and acetylating UBF. ..
- Wang L, Du Y, Lu M, Li T. ASEB: a web server for KAT-specific acetylation site prediction. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:W376-9 pubmed publisher..This web server can be freely accessed at http://cmbi.bjmu.edu.cn/huac. ..
- Li Z, Li X, Wang Z, Shen Q, Zhang D. Antemortem stress regulates protein acetylation and glycolysis in postmortem muscle. Food Chem. 2016;202:94-8 pubmed publisher..These data provide new insight into the biochemistry of postmortem glycolysis by showing that protein acetylation regulates glycolysis, which may participate in the regulation of preslaughter stress on glycolysis in postmortem muscle. ..
- Guo L, Yin B, Zhou J, Li X, Deng X. Development of rabbit monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies for detection of site-specific histone modifications and their application in analyzing overall modification levels. Cell Res. 2006;16:519-27 pubmed
- Dai J, Wang Z, Sun D, Lin R, Wang S. SIRT1 interacts with p73 and suppresses p73-dependent transcriptional activity. J Cell Physiol. 2007;210:161-6 pubmed..Furthermore, SIRT1 can deacetylate p73 protein acetylation both in vivo and in vitro. Collectively, these data suggest that SIRT1 can modulate p73 activity via deacetylation. ..
- Hou Z, Tu Y, Li Y. New isopimarane diterpene and new cineole type glucoside from Nepeta prattii. Pharmazie. 2002;57:279-81 pubmed..Their structures were elucidated on the basis of spectral methods as isopimar-15-en-3 beta,8 beta,20-triol, and (1R, 2R, 4S)-1,8-epoxy-p-methan-2-O-beta-D-glucopyranosyl(1-->6)-beta- D-glucopyranoside. ..
- Liu X, Tan Y, Zhang C, Zhang Y, Zhang L, Ren P, et al. NAT10 regulates p53 activation through acetylating p53 at K120 and ubiquitinating Mdm2. EMBO Rep. 2016;17:349-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data demonstrate that NAT10 plays a critical role in p53 activation via acetylating p53 and counteracting Mdm2 action, providing a novel pathway by which nucleolar protein activates p53 as a cellular stress sensor. ..
- Jia Y, Zhu X, Li S, Ni J, Jia H. Kainate exposure suppresses activation of GluR2 subunit promoter in primary cultured cerebral cortical neurons through induction of RE1-silencing transcription factor. Neurosci Lett. 2006;403:103-8 pubmed..Because our experiments showed a reduction of glutamate release in KA-exposed cortical neurons, REST may play a latent role in delayed neuronal death or in seizure-induced tolerance. ..
- Tao R, Xue H, Zhang J, Liu J, Deng H, Chen Y. Deacetylase Rpd3 facilitates checkpoint adaptation by preventing Rad53 overactivation. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:4212-24 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our findings reveal an important role of Rpd3 in promoting checkpoint adaptation via deacetylation and inhibition of Rad53. ..
- Yang Y, Zhao Y, Liao W, Yang J, Wu L, Zheng Z, et al. Acetylation of FoxO1 activates Bim expression to induce apoptosis in response to histone deacetylase inhibitor depsipeptide treatment. Neoplasia. 2009;11:313-24 pubmed..These data show for the first time that an HDAC inhibitor induces apoptosis through the FoxO1 acetylation-Bim pathway. ..
- Xie Q, Chen J, Yuan Z. Post-translational regulation of FOXO. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2012;44:897-901 pubmed publisher..FOXO proteins are subject to several post-translational modifications, which are closely related to their activity. In this paper, we review the post-translational modifications of FOXOs and their biological functions. ..
- Lin L, Li Q, Zhang L, Zhao D, Dai Y, Li N. Aberrant epigenetic changes and gene expression in cloned cattle dying around birth. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:14 pubmed publisher..However, our data also suggest no widespread gene expression abnormalities in the organs of the dead clones. Deaths of clones may be ascribed to abnormal expression of a very limited number of genes. ..
- Wu M, Zhang Y, Wu N, Shen Y. Histone marks and chromatin remodelers on the regulation of neurogenin1 gene in RA induced neuronal differentiation of P19 cells. J Cell Biochem. 2009;107:264-71 pubmed publisher..We propose that histone modifiers and chromatin remodelers are pivotal in the activation of the ngn1 gene in RA induced differentiation of P19 cells. ..
- Zhao Y, Yang J, Liao W, Liu X, Zhang H, Wang S, et al. Cytosolic FoxO1 is essential for the induction of autophagy and tumour suppressor activity. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:665-75 pubmed publisher..This FoxO1-modulated cell death is associated with tumour suppressor activity in human colon tumours and a xenograft mouse model. Our finding links the anti-neoplastic activity of FoxO1 and the process of autophagy. ..
- Wang M, Pendela M, Hu C, Jin S, Hoogmartens J, Van Schepdael A, et al. Impurity profiling of acetylspiramycin by liquid chromatography-ion trap mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr A. 2010;1217:6531-44 pubmed publisher..Most of the major impurities arise from the starting materials and the synthesis process. This work provides very useful information for quality control of ASPM and evaluation of its synthesis process. ..
- Zhao W, Han H, Zhang Z. Suppression of lung cancer cell invasion and metastasis by connexin43 involves the secretion of follistatin-like 1 mediated via histone acetylation. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2011;43:1459-68 pubmed publisher..Cx43 may act as a "histone deacetylase inhibitor" to modulate gene expression and subsequent cellular functions in PG cells. ..
- Wang Z, Cao H, Sun Y, Li X, Chen F, Carles A, et al. Arabidopsis paired amphipathic helix proteins SNL1 and SNL2 redundantly regulate primary seed dormancy via abscisic acid-ethylene antagonism mediated by histone deacetylation. Plant Cell. 2013;25:149-66 pubmed publisher..SNL1 and SNL2 could represent a cross-link point of the ABA and ethylene pathways in the regulation of seed dormancy. ..
- Li Z, Yang J, Gao X, Lu J, Zhang Y, Wang K, et al. Sequential recruitment of PCAF and BRG1 contributes to myogenin activation in 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate-induced early differentiation of rhabdomyosarcoma-derived cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:18872-8 pubmed..Our studies reveal an essential role for epigenetic regulation in TPA-induced differentiation of RD cells and provide potential drug targets for future treatment of the rhabdomyosarcoma. ..
- Wang F, Kou Z, Zhang Y, Gao S. Dynamic reprogramming of histone acetylation and methylation in the first cell cycle of cloned mouse embryos. Biol Reprod. 2007;77:1007-16 pubmed..Together, our results indicate that dynamic reprogramming of histone acetylation and methylation modifications in cloned embryos is developmentally regulated. ..
- Hu Z, Han Z, Song N, Chai L, Yao Y, Peng H, et al. Epigenetic modification contributes to the expression divergence of three TaEXPA1 homoeologs in hexaploid wheat (Triticum aestivum). New Phytol. 2013;197:1344-52 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that epigenetic modifications contribute to the expression divergence of three TaEXPA1 homoeologs during wheat development...
- Lv W, Wei H, Wang D, Ni J, Sun F. Depletion of histone deacetylase 3 antagonizes PI3K-mediated overgrowth of Drosophila organs through the acetylation of histone H4 at lysine 16. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:5369-78 pubmed publisher..Overall, our studies indicated that Hdac3 served as an important regulator of the PI3K pathway and revealed a novel link between histone acetylation and growth control. ..
- Chen X, Zhang H, Wu T, Sang W, Ruan Z. Down-regulation of NAMPT expression by miR-182 is involved in Tat-induced HIV-1 long terminal repeat (LTR) transactivation. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2013;45:292-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that strategies to augment NAMPT protein expression by down-regulation of miR-182 may have therapeutic benefits to prevent HIV-1 replication...
- Chen H, Zhang W, Cheng X, Guo L, Xie S, Ma Y, et al. β2-AR activation induces chemoresistance by modulating p53 acetylation through upregulating Sirt1 in cervical cancer cells. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1310-1317 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the p53-dependent, chemotherapeutics-induced cytotoxicity in cervical cancer cells may be compromised by catecholamines-induced upregulation of the Sirt1 expression through activating the β2-AR signaling. ..
- Yang J, Zhang X, Feng J, Leng H, Li S, Xiao J, et al. The Histone Chaperone FACT Contributes to DNA Replication-Coupled Nucleosome Assembly. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1128-1141 pubmed publisher..Therefore, FACT collaborates with CAF-1 and Rtt106 in RC nucleosome assembly. ..
- Wang H, Zhao Y, Li L, McNutt M, Wu L, Lu S, et al. An ATM- and Rad3-related (ATR) signaling pathway and a phosphorylation-acetylation cascade are involved in activation of p53/p21Waf1/Cip1 in response to 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine treatment. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:2564-74 pubmed..These data taken together show for the first time that 5-aza-CdR activates the ATR signaling pathway, which elicits a specific p53 phosphorylation-acetylation cascade to induce p21(Waf1/Cip1) expression. ..
- Zhang H, Ruan Z, Sang W. HDAC1/NF?B pathway is involved in curcumin inhibiting of Tat-mediated long terminal repeat transactivation. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:3385-91 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data provide new insights into understanding of the molecular mechanisms of curcumin inhibited Tat-regulated transcription, suggesting that targeting AMPK/HDAC1/NF?B pathway could serve as new anti-HIV-1 agents. ..
- Li X, Jia S, Wang S, Wang Y, Meng A. Mta3-NuRD complex is a master regulator for initiation of primitive hematopoiesis in vertebrate embryos. Blood. 2009;114:5464-72 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Mta3-NuRD complex is essential for the initiation of primitive hematopoiesis. Thus, our findings provide new insight into the regulatory hierarchy of primitive hematopoiesis in vertebrates. ..
- Yu Y, Cai J, Tu B, Wu L, Zhao Y, Liu X, et al. Proliferating cell nuclear antigen is protected from degradation by forming a complex with MutT Homolog2. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:19310-20 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data demonstrate for the first time that PCNA is protected by this newly identified partner molecule MTH2, which is related to DNA synthesis and cell cycle progression. ..
- Fu X, Liu D, Tang X, Liu G, Lv X, Li Y, et al. A conserved, extended chromatin opening within alpha-globin locus during development. Exp Cell Res. 2005;309:174-84 pubmed
- Li Y, Zhang L, Liu T, Chai C, Fang Q, Wu H, et al. Hat2p recognizes the histone H3 tail to specify the acetylation of the newly synthesized H3/H4 heterodimer by the Hat1p/Hat2p complex. Genes Dev. 2014;28:1217-27 pubmed publisher..Together, our study demonstrated the substrate recognition mechanism by the Hat1p/Hat2p complex, which is critical for DNA replication and other chromatin remodeling processes. ..
- Miao L, Fang H, Li Y, Chen H. Studies of the in vitro Nalpha-acetyltransferase activities of E. coli RimL protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:641-7 pubmed..Furthermore, when the second N-terminal residue isoleucine was replaced by aspartic acid, the mutant L12I2D was also acetylated by RimL but under a much lower rate. ..
- Yi C, Ma M, Ran L, Zheng J, Tong J, Zhu J, et al. Function and molecular mechanism of acetylation in autophagy regulation. Science. 2012;336:474-7 pubmed publisher..Increased K19-K48 acetylation after deletion of the deacetylase Rpd3 caused increased autophagy. Thus, protein acetylation contributes to control of autophagy. ..
- Wang L, Di L, Lv X, Zheng W, Xue Z, Guo Z, et al. Inter-MAR association contributes to transcriptionally active looping events in human beta-globin gene cluster. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4629 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results suggest that SATB1 is a regulatory factor of hemoglobin genes, especially the early differentiation genes at least through affecting the higher order chromatin structure. ..
- Liu X, Wang D, Zhao Y, Tu B, Zheng Z, Wang L, et al. Methyltransferase Set7/9 regulates p53 activity by interacting with Sirtuin 1 (SIRT1). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:1925-30 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reveal that Set7/9 is a critical regulator of the SIRT1-p53 interaction and suggest that Set7/9 can modulate p53 function indirectly in addition to acting through a methylation-dependent mechanism. ..
- Xiao J, Zhang H, Xing L, Xu S, Liu H, Chong K, et al. Requirement of histone acetyltransferases HAM1 and HAM2 for epigenetic modification of FLC in regulating flowering in Arabidopsis. J Plant Physiol. 2013;170:444-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, HAM1 and HAM2 may affect flowering time by epigenetic modification of FLC and MAF3/4 chromatins at H4K5 acetylation. ..
- Zhang S, Song M, Yang T, Fan R, Liu X, Zhou P. HIV-1 Tat impairs cell cycle control by targeting the Tip60, Plk1 and cyclin B1 ternary complex. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:1217-34 pubmed publisher..Tat, Tip60, cyclin B1 and Plk1 interactions provide new a mechanistic explanation for Tat-mediated cell cycle dysregulation and apoptosis. ..
- Yang D, Fang Q, Wang M, Ren R, Wang H, He M, et al. N?-acetylated Sir3 stabilizes the conformation of a nucleosome-binding loop in the BAH domain. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:1116-8 pubmed publisher..By X-ray crystallography, we show here that the acetylated N terminus of Sir3 does not interact with the nucleosome directly. Instead, it stabilizes a nucleosome-binding loop in the BAH domain. ..
- Tian C, Xing G, Xie P, Lu K, Nie J, Wang J, et al. KRAB-type zinc-finger protein Apak specifically regulates p53-dependent apoptosis. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:580-91 pubmed publisher..These findings revealed Apak to be a negative regulator of p53-mediated apoptosis and showed the dual role of ATM in p53 regulation. ..
- Zhao Z, Xu H, Gong W. Histone deacetylase 6 (HDAC6) is an independent deacetylase for alpha-tubulin. Protein Pept Lett. 2010;17:555-8 pubmed..The results clearly demonstrated that interaction between HDAC6 and tubulin is independent of other proteins. In addition, HDAC6 can independently catalyze deacetylation of both tubulin dimer and microtubule polymer. ..
- Du C, Huang D, Peng Y, Yao Y, Zhao Y, Yang Y, et al. 5-Fluorouracil targets histone acetyltransferases p300/CBP in the treatment of colorectal cancer. Cancer Lett. 2017;400:183-193 pubmed publisher..These results elucidate a novel pharmacological effect of 5-FU involving global histone de-acetylation by promoting the degradation of p300/CBP, and highlights p300 and CBP as promising predictors of chemo-sensitivity to 5-FU treatment. ..
- Tao R, Chen H, Gao C, Xue P, Yang F, Han J, et al. Xbp1-mediated histone H4 deacetylation contributes to DNA double-strand break repair in yeast. Cell Res. 2011;21:1619-33 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings reveal a role for Xbp1 in DSB repair via NHEJ through regulation of histone H4 acetylation and nucleosome displacement in a positive feedback manner. ..
- Kou X, Hao T, Meng Z, Zhou Y, Gan Y. Acetylated Sp1 inhibits PTEN expression through binding to PTEN core promoter and recruitment of HDAC1 and promotes cancer cell migration and invasion. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:58-67 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results suggest that Sp1 is involved in the development and invasiveness of cancer through inhibition of PTEN. ..
- Zou J, Yang J, Zhou L. Acylated flavone C-glycosides from Trollius ledebouri. J Nat Prod. 2004;67:664-7 pubmed..The structures of 1-6 were elucidated by spectroscopic methods...
- Zhu J, Jeong J, Zhu Y, Sokolchik I, Miyazaki S, Zhu J, et al. Involvement of Arabidopsis HOS15 in histone deacetylation and cold tolerance. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:4945-50 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a critical role for gene activation/repression by histone acetylation/deacetylation in plant acclimation and tolerance to cold stress. ..
- Mao B, Zhao G, Lv X, Chen H, Xue Z, Yang B, et al. Sirt1 deacetylates c-Myc and promotes c-Myc/Max association. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2011;43:1573-81 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results demonstrate the positive effect of Sirt1 on c-Myc activity by efficiently enhancing c-Myc/Max association in human leukemia cell line K562, suggesting a potential role of Sirt1 in tumorigenesis. ..
- Li X, Yu W, Qian X, Xia Y, Zheng Y, Lee J, et al. Nucleus-Translocated ACSS2 Promotes Gene Transcription for Lysosomal Biogenesis and Autophagy. Mol Cell. 2017;66:684-697.e9 pubmed publisher..These results underscore the significance of nuclear ACSS2-mediated histone acetylation in maintaining cell homeostasis and tumor development. ..
- Wu J, He Z, Yang X, Li K, Wang D, Sun F. RCCD1 depletion attenuates TGF-Î²-induced EMT and cell migration byÂ stabilizing cytoskeletal microtubules in NSCLC cells. Cancer Lett. 2017;400:18-29 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings support RCCD1 as a novel regulator of TGF-Î²-induced EMT in NSCLC. ..
- Zhao Y, Lu S, Wu L, Chai G, Wang H, Chen Y, et al. Acetylation of p53 at lysine 373/382 by the histone deacetylase inhibitor depsipeptide induces expression of p21(Waf1/Cip1). Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:2782-90 pubmed..Our data suggest that p53 acetylation at K373/K382 plays an important role in depsipeptide-induced p21(Waf1/Cip1) expression. ..
- Xu T, Liu Y, Deng Y, Meng J, Li P, Xu X, et al. [Insulin combined with selenium inhibit p38MAPK/CBP pathway and suppresses cardiomyocyte apoptosis in rats with diabetic cardiomyopathy]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2016;32:926-30 pubmed..Conclusion The combined treatment of insulin and selenium suppresses cardiomyocyte apoptosis by inhibiting p38MAPK/CBP pathway. ..
- Shen Q, Zheng X, McNutt M, Guang L, Sun Y, Wang J, et al. NAT10, a nucleolar protein, localizes to the midbody and regulates cytokinesis and acetylation of microtubules. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:1653-67 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that NAT10 may play an important role in cell division through facilitating reformation of the nucleolus and midbody in the late phase of cell mitosis, and stabilization of microtubules. ..
- Cui D, Li L, Lou H, Sun H, Ngai S, Shao G, et al. The ribosomal protein S26 regulates p53 activity in response to DNA damage. Oncogene. 2014;33:2225-35 pubmed publisher..Our finding also implicates p53 transcriptional activity control as an important mechanism of p53 regulation by ribosomal proteins. ..
- Guo L, Qi S, Miao D, Liang X, Li H, Ou X, et al. The roles of parathyroid hormone-like hormone during mouse preimplantation embryonic development. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40528 pubmed publisher..Additionally, histone acetylation patterns were altered by Pthlh depletion. These results suggest that PTHLH plays important roles during mouse preimplantation embryonic development. ..
- Li J, Cui G, Sun L, Wang S, Li Y, Meng Y, et al. STAT3 acetylation-induced promoter methylation is associated with downregulation of the ARHI tumor-suppressor gene in ovarian cancer. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:165-70 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, acetylated STAT3-induced promoter gene methylation accounts for the loss of ARHI expression and cancer cell proliferation. ..
- Wu J, Zhang Y, Wang Y, Kong R, Hu L, Schuele R, et al. Transcriptional repressor NIR functions in the ribosome RNA processing of both 40S and 60S subunits. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31692 pubmed publisher..Our findings also suggested that a nucleolar protein may alternatively signal to p53 by affecting the p53 modification rather than affecting p53 protein level. ..
- Pan K, Chen Y, Roth M, Wang W, Wang S, Yee A, et al. HBP1-mediated transcriptional regulation of DNA methyltransferase 1 and its impact on cell senescence. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:887-903 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that the HBP1 transcription factor orchestrates a complex regulation of key genes during cellular senescence, with an impact on overall DNA methylation state. ..
- Huang J, Zhao Y, Huang D, Liu H, Justin N, Zhao W, et al. Structural features of the single-stranded DNA-binding protein MoSub1 from Magnaporthe oryzae. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2012;68:1071-6 pubmed publisher..The C-terminal extension region, which is absent in PC4, may not be capable of interacting with DNA and is one possible reason for the differences between Sub1 and PC4...
- Fan Z, Zhang H, Zhang Q. Tumor suppressor pp32 represses cell growth through inhibition of transcription by blocking acetylation and phosphorylation of histone H3 and initiating its proapoptotic activity. Cell Death Differ. 2006;13:1485-94 pubmed..pp32 directly initiates caspase activity and also promotes granzyme A-mediated caspase-independent cell death. Taken together, pp32 plays a repressive role by inhibiting transcription and triggering apoptosis. ..
- Min L, Xu H, Wang J, Qu L, Jiang B, Zeng Y, et al. N-α-acetyltransferase 10 protein is a negative regulator of 28S proteasome through interaction with PA28β. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:1630-7 pubmed publisher..Acetyltransferase activity of Naa10p is not required for its effect on chymotrypsin-like proteasome activity. Therefore, our data reveal that Naa10p suppresses 28S proteasome activity through interaction with PA28β. ..
- Lu L, Li L, Lv X, Wu X, Liu D, Liang C. Modulations of hMOF autoacetylation by SIRT1 regulate hMOF recruitment and activities on the chromatin. Cell Res. 2011;21:1182-95 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a dynamic interplay between SIRT1 and hMOF in regulating H4K16 acetylation. ..
- Qian M, Pang Y, Liu C, Haratake K, Du B, Ji D, et al. Acetylation-mediated proteasomal degradation of core histones during DNA repair and spermatogenesis. Cell. 2013;153:1012-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, PA200/Blm10 specifically targets the core histones for acetylation-mediated degradation by proteasomes, providing mechanisms by which acetylation regulates histone degradation, DNA repair, and spermatogenesis. ..
- Fang H, Zhang X, Shen L, Si X, Ren Y, Dai H, et al. RimJ is responsible for N(alpha)-acetylation of thymosin alpha1 in Escherichia coli. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2009;84:99-104 pubmed publisher..This is the first description that an ectopic protein acetylation in bacterial expression systems is catalyzed by RimJ, a known prokaryotic N(alpha)-acetyltransferase. ..
- Lu S, Xie Y, Li X, Luo J, Shi X, Hong X, et al. Mass spectrometry analysis of dynamic post-translational modifications of TH2B during spermatogenesis. Mol Hum Reprod. 2009;15:373-8 pubmed publisher..The identified modification patterns of histone TH2B in spermatogenic cells provides a basis for future studies on histone coding and epigenetic regulation during spermatogenesis. ..
- Li J, Zhang L, Peng F, Bian J, Yuan T, Xu F, et al. Microwave-assisted solvent-free acetylation of cellulose with acetic anhydride in the presence of iodine as a catalyst. Molecules. 2009;14:3551-66 pubmed publisher..The optimal reaction time and temperature found in this work were 30 min and 130 degrees C...
- Li T, Li Y, Jia Z, Chen P, Ma K, Zhou C. Carboxyl terminus of Nkx2.5 impairs its interaction with p300. J Mol Biol. 2007;370:976-92 pubmed..5 to histone deacetylase inhibitor. These results establish that p300 acts as an Nkx2.5 cofactor and facilitates increased Nkx2.5 activity by relieving the conformational impediment of its inhibitory C-terminal domain. ..
- Li K, Liu S, Tan Y, Chao N, Tian X, Qi L, et al. Optimized GC-MS method to simultaneously quantify acetylated aldose, ketose, and alditol for plant tissues based on derivatization in a methyl sulfoxide/1-methylimidazole system. J Agric Food Chem. 2013;61:4011-8 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that acetylated derivatives of 23 saccharides had unique peaks, which indicates aldose, ketose, and alditol can be determined simultaneously by GC-MS. ..
- Pan X, Zhao J, Zhang W, Li H, Mu R, Zhou T, et al. Induction of SOX4 by DNA damage is critical for p53 stabilization and function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:3788-93 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these findings highlight SOX4 as a potential key factor in regulating DDR-associated cancer. ..
- Gao J, Chen T, Liu J, Liu W, Hu G, Guo X, et al. Loss of NECL1, a novel tumor suppressor, can be restored in glioma by HDAC inhibitor-Trichostatin A through Sp1 binding site. Glia. 2009;57:989-99 pubmed publisher..Our finding suggests that NECL1 may act as a tumor suppressor in glioma and loss of it in glioma may be caused by histone deacetylation. ..
- Xiao J, Liu C, Li G, Peng S, Hu J, Qu L, et al. PDCD5 negatively regulates autoimmunity by upregulating FOXP3(+) regulatory T cells and suppressing Th17 and Th1 responses. J Autoimmun. 2013;47:34-44 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that PDCD5 serves as a guardian of immunological functions and that the PDCD5-FOXP3-Treg axis may be a therapeutic target for autoimmunity. ..