Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on reactive oxygen species in Chongqing, Chongqing Shi, China
Locale: Chongqing, Chongqing Shi, China
Topic: reactive oxygen species
- Wang Q, Wang J, Hu M, Yang Y, Guo L, Xu J, et al. Uncoupling Protein 2 Increases Susceptibility to Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Acute Lung Injury in Mice. Mediators Inflamm. 2016;2016:9154230 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, UCP2 increased susceptibility to LPS-induced cell death and pulmonary inflammation, most likely via ATP depletion and activation of MAPK signaling following ALI in mice. ..
- Dou C, Cao Z, Ding N, Hou T, Luo F, Kang F, et al. Cordycepin Prevents Bone Loss through Inhibiting Osteoclastogenesis by Scavenging ROS Generation. Nutrients. 2016;8:231 pubmed publisher..Our observations strongly suggested that cordycepin is an efficient osteoclast inhibitor and hold potential therapeutic value in preventing bone loss among postmenopausal osteoporosis patients. ..
- Yu H, Li Q, Zhou X, Kolosov V, Perelman J. Role of hyaluronan and CD44 in reactive oxygen species-induced mucus hypersecretion. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;352:65-75 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the regulation of ROS-induced MUC5AC expression by hyaluronan and CD44 may provide important insights in the mechanism of mucus hypersecretion. ..
- Miao Y, Zhao S, Gao Y, Wang R, Wu Q, Wu H, et al. Curcumin pretreatment attenuates inflammation and mitochondrial dysfunction in experimental stroke: The possible role of Sirt1 signaling. Brain Res Bull. 2016;121:9-15 pubmed publisher..These effects of CCM were abolished by sirtinol. In conclusion, our results demonstrate that CCM treatment attenuates ischemic stroke-induced brain injury via activation of SIRT1. ..
- Shi Y, Tang B, Yu P, Tang B, Hao Y, Lei X, et al. Autophagy protects against oxaliplatin-induced cell death via ER stress and ROS in Caco-2 cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51076 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that oxaliplatin activates autophagy as a cytoprotective response via ER stress and ROS in human colorectal cancer cells. ..
- Qi L, Xiangdong Z, Hongmei Y, Xiaohong N, Xiaoyan X. Roles of ROS/TACE in neutrophil elastase-induced mucus hypersecretion in NCI-H292 airway epithelial cells. Eur Cytokine Netw. 2010;21:177-85 pubmed publisher..In this investigation, we demonstrate that NE-induced mucin production requires reactive oxygen species (ROS) production, which activates TACE, resulting in TGF-? shedding, and EGFR phosphorylation in NCI-H292 epithelial cells. ..
- Li J, He J, Yu C. Chitosan oligosaccharide inhibits LPS-induced apoptosis of vascular endothelial cells through the BKCa channel and the p38 signaling pathway. Int J Mol Med. 2012;30:157-64 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, COS can inhibit the phosphorylation of LPS-induced p38 and accelerate the expression of O-GlcNAc glycosyltransferase, which indicates that COS can inhibit LPS-induced cell apoptosis through many pathways. ..
- Wang X, Liu S, Sun Y, Wu J, Zhou Y, Zhang J. Beta-cypermethrin impairs reproductive function in male mice by inducing oxidative stress. Theriogenology. 2009;72:599-611 pubmed publisher..05 vs. the high-dose group). Therefore, we inferred that beta-CYP damaged the structure of testes and decreased sperm output by inducing oxidative stress. ..
- Cheng P, Ni Z, Dai X, Wang B, Ding W, Rae Smith A, et al. The novel BH-3 mimetic apogossypolone induces Beclin-1- and ROS-mediated autophagy in human hepatocellular carcinoma [corrected] cells. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e489 pubmed publisher..Our novel insights may facilitate the rational design of clinical trials for Bcl-2-targeted cancer therapy. ..
- Tong C, Peng C, Wang L, Zhang L, Yang X, Xu P, et al. Intravenous Administration of Lycopene, a Tomato Extract, Protects against Myocardial Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury. Nutrients. 2016;8:138 pubmed publisher..Elevating circulating lycopene to 1 Î¼M via IV injection protects against myocardial I/R injury through inhibition of ROS accumulation and consequent inflammation in mice. ..
- Ren J, Chen X, Zhou L, Tao N, Zhou H, Liu B, et al. Protective Role of Sirtuin3 (SIRT3) in Oxidative Stress Mediated by Hepatitis B Virus X Protein Expression. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0150961 pubmed publisher..These studies shed new light on the physiological significance of SIRT3 on HBx-induced oxidative stress, which can contribute to the liver pathogenesis. ..
- Chen Y, Zhang Y, Ji H, Ji Y, Yang J, Huang J, et al. Involvement of hypoxia-inducible factor-1Î± in the oxidative stress induced by advanced glycation end products in murine Leydig cells. Toxicol In Vitro. 2016;32:146-53 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that attenuated HIF-1Î± exacerbates the oxidative stress injury by AGEs in murine Leydig cells, and contributes to diabetic male infertility. ..
- Liang L, Tan X, Zhou Q, Zhu Y, Tian Y, Yu H, et al. IL-1? triggered by peptidoglycan and lipopolysaccharide through TLR2/4 and ROS-NLRP3 inflammasome-dependent pathways is involved in ocular Behçet's disease. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:402-14 pubmed publisher..Interaction of TLR2/4 with their ligands PGN/LPS is involved in BD pathogenesis, possibly by the induction of IL-1? through a ROS-NLRP3-dependent pathway. ..
- Zeng C, Villar V, Yu P, Zhou L, Jose P. Reactive oxygen species and dopamine receptor function in essential hypertension. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2009;31:156-78 pubmed publisher..Decreased dopamine receptor function and increased ROS production, working in concert or independent of each other, contribute to the pathogenesis of essential hypertension. ..
- Yi L, Chen C, Jin X, Zhang T, Zhou Y, Zhang Q, et al. Differential suppression of intracellular reactive oxygen species-mediated signaling pathway in vascular endothelial cells by several subclasses of flavonoids. Biochimie. 2012;94:2035-44 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence for AS prevention and a basis for designing the potent anti-atherosclerotic agents. ..
- Tong X, Khandelwal A, Wu X, Xu Z, Yu W, Chen C, et al. Pro-atherogenic role of smooth muscle Nox4-based NADPH oxidase. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2016;92:30-40 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of smooth muscle Nox4 inhibits atherosclerosis by suppressing sEH, which, at least in part, accounts for inhibition of SMC proliferation, migration and inflammation. ..
- Xu Z, Xu L. Fluorescent probes for the selective detection of chemical species inside mitochondria. Chem Commun (Camb). 2016;52:1094-119 pubmed publisher..In addition, their applications for the detection of reactive oxygen species (ROS), nitric oxide, reactive sulfur species (RSS), thioredoxin (Trx), metal ions, anions, etc. in the mitochondrion is discussed as well. ..
- Ji D, Majid A, Yin Z. ?-Lipoic acid attenuates light insults to neurones. Biol Pharm Bull. 2013;36:1060-7 pubmed..LA also stimulated GSH and GST. These findings support the view that light can affect mitochondria which could lead to retinal ganglion cell apoptosis and LA can blunt by decreasing ROS generation and stimulating GSH and GST. ..
- Yu H, Zhou X, Wen S, Xiao Q. Flagellin/TLR5 responses induce mucus hypersecretion by activating EGFR via an epithelial cell signaling cascades. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:723-31 pubmed publisher..These findings may bring new insights into the molecular pathogenesis of P. aeruginosa infections and lead to novel therapeutic intervention for mucin overproduction in patients with P. aeruginosa infections. ..
- Hu J, Zhao T, Chu W, Luo C, Tang W, Yi L, et al. Protective effects of 20-hydroxyecdysone on CoCl(2)-induced cell injury in PC12 cells. J Cell Biochem. 2010;111:1512-21 pubmed publisher..Based on our results, 20-Hydroxyecdysone may be a potential candidate for intervention in hypoxic-ischemic brain injuries such as stroke. ..
- Liu C, Duan W, Xu S, Chen C, He M, Zhang L, et al. Exposure to 1800 MHz radiofrequency electromagnetic radiation induces oxidative DNA base damage in a mouse spermatocyte-derived cell line. Toxicol Lett. 2013;218:2-9 pubmed publisher..Taking together, these findings may imply the novel possibility that RF-EMR with insufficient energy for the direct induction of DNA strand breaks may produce genotoxicity through oxidative DNA base damage in male germ cells. ..
- Fu Y, Fang F, Lu Z, Kuang F, Xu F. N-acetylcysteine protects alveolar epithelial cells from hydrogen peroxide-induced apoptosis through scavenging reactive oxygen species and suppressing c-Jun N-terminal kinase. Exp Lung Res. 2010;36:352-61 pubmed publisher..Taken together, H(2)O(2) can induce primary ATII cells apoptosis and increase JNK phosphorylation. NAC, a precursor of glutathione (GSH) synthesis, can protect ATII cells from H(2)O(2)-induced apoptosis through scavenging ROS. ..
- Qu M, Zhou Z, Xu S, Chen C, Yu Z, Wang D. Mortalin overexpression attenuates beta-amyloid-induced neurotoxicity in SH-SY5Y cells. Brain Res. 2011;1368:336-45 pubmed publisher..These beneficial effects of mortalin overexpression may be attributable to its roles in maintaining mitochondrial function and reducing oxidative stress. ..
- Liu H, Du Y, He J, Chen W, Li W, Yang Z, et al. Tetramethylpyrazine inhibits production of nitric oxide and inducible nitric oxide synthase in lipopolysaccharide-induced N9 microglial cells through blockade of MAPK and PI3K/Akt signaling pathways, and suppression of intracellular reactive oxygen s. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010;129:335-43 pubmed publisher..Further, TMP suppressed the formation of intracellular ROS in LPS-induced N9 cells. TMP inhibited production of NO and iNOS in LPS-induced N9 cells through blocking MAPK and PI3K/Akt activation and suppressing ROS production. ..
- Dong Z, Shanmughapriya S, Tomar D, Siddiqui N, Lynch S, Nemani N, et al. Mitochondrial Ca2+ Uniporter Is a Mitochondrial Luminal Redox Sensor that Augments MCU Channel Activity. Mol Cell. 2017;65:1014-1028.e7 pubmed publisher..In contrast, these effects were largely independent of MCU interaction with its regulators. These findings reveal a distinct functional role for Cys-97 in ROS sensing and regulation of MCU activity. ..
- Xiang J, Xia X, Jiang Y, Leung A, Wang X, Xu J, et al. Apoptosis of ovarian cancer cells induced by methylene blue-mediated sonodynamic action. Ultrasonics. 2011;51:390-5 pubmed publisher..This indicates that apoptosis is an important mechanism of cell death induced by MB-mediated SDT. Thus, MB-mediated SDT might be a potential therapeutic strategy for combating ovarian cancer. ..
- Yan B, Han P, Pan L, Lu W, Xiong J, Zhang M, et al. IL-1? and reactive oxygen species differentially regulate neutrophil directional migration and Basal random motility in a zebrafish injury-induced inflammation model. J Immunol. 2014;192:5998-6008 pubmed publisher..In addition, Il-1? overexpressing Tg(hsp70:(m)il-1?_eGFP;lyz:DsRed2)hkz10t;nz50 transgenic zebrafish provides a useful animal model for the study of chronic inflammatory disorder and for anti-inflammatory drug discovery. ..
- Pu Y, Zhang H, Wang P, Zhao Y, Li Q, Wei X, et al. Dietary curcumin ameliorates aging-related cerebrovascular dysfunction through the AMPK/uncoupling protein 2 pathway. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2013;32:1167-77 pubmed publisher..Curcumin improves aging-related cerebrovascular dysfunction via the AMPK/UCP2 pathway. ..
- Bai Q, He J, Qiu J, Wang Y, Wang S, Xiu Y, et al. Rotenone induces KATP channel opening in PC12 cells in association with the expression of tyrosine hydroxylase. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:1376-84 pubmed publisher..In addition, our results demonstrate for the first time that activation of plasma membrane KATP channels induced by rotenone inhibits TH expression which influences DA synthesis in PC12 cells. ..
- Jin X, Yi L, Chen M, Chen C, Chang H, Zhang T, et al. Delphinidin-3-glucoside protects against oxidized low-density lipoprotein-induced mitochondrial dysfunction in vascular endothelial cells via the sodium-dependent glucose transporter SGLT1. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68617 pubmed publisher..This new insight may help to elucidate the molecular mechanisms underlying the vascular protection afforded by Dp, and anthocyanins in general, in the context of prevention of endothelial dysfunction and atherosclerosis. ..
- Qin Z, Yu P, Qian D, Song M, Tan H, Yu Y, et al. Hydrogen-rich saline prevents neointima formation after carotid balloon injury by suppressing ROS and the TNF-?/NF-?B pathway. Atherosclerosis. 2012;220:343-50 pubmed publisher..HRSS may have a protective role in the prevention of neointima hyperplasia and restenosis after angioplasty. HRSS may partially exert its role by neutralizing the local ROS and suppressing the TNF-?/NF-?B pathway. ..
- Li L, Dong H, Song E, Xu X, Liu L, Song Y. Nrf2/ARE pathway activation, HO-1 and NQO1 induction by polychlorinated biphenyl quinone is associated with reactive oxygen species and PI3K/AKT signaling. Chem Biol Interact. 2014;209:56-67 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that Nrf2 activation by PCB29-pQ in HepG2 cells is associated with ROS and AKT pathway but not MAPK signaling, the activation of Nrf2/ARE may be an adaptive response to oxidative stress. ..
- Lu Y, Xu S, Chen H, He M, Deng Y, Cao Z, et al. CdSe/ZnS quantum dots induce hepatocyte pyroptosis and liver inflammation via NLRP3 inflammasome activation. Biomaterials. 2016;90:27-39 pubmed publisher..Our results provide novel insights into QDs-induced hepatotoxicity and the underlying mechanism, facilitating control of the side effects of QDs. ..
- Liu C, Xu Y, Long D, Cao B, Hou J, Xiang Z, et al. Plant G-protein ? subunits positively regulate drought tolerance by elevating detoxification of ROS. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:897-902 pubmed publisher..Additionally, transcript levels of the tobacco antioxidative genes, NtSOD and NtCAT, increased in drought-stressed transgenic tobacco plants. Thus, the heterotrimeric G-protein ? subunits positively regulate drought tolerance in plants. ..
- He M, Xu S, Lü Y, Li L, Zhong M, Zhang Y, et al. L-carnitine protects against nickel-induced neurotoxicity by maintaining mitochondrial function in Neuro-2a cells. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2011;253:38-44 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that LC may have great pharmacological potential in protecting against the adverse effects of nickel in the nervous system...
- Feng C, Yang M, Lan M, Liu C, Zhang Y, Huang B, et al. ROS: Crucial Intermediators in the Pathogenesis of Intervertebral Disc Degeneration. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2017;2017:5601593 pubmed publisher..Further investigations based on in vivo and clinical studies will be required to develop effective antioxidative therapies for IDD. ..
- Qu M, Zhou Z, Chen C, Li M, Pei L, Chu F, et al. Lycopene protects against trimethyltin-induced neurotoxicity in primary cultured rat hippocampal neurons by inhibiting the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway. Neurochem Int. 2011;59:1095-103 pubmed publisher..The anti-apoptotic effect of lycopene on hippocampal neurons highlights the therapeutic potential of plant-derived antioxidants against neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Dong Z, Zhou J, Zhang Y, Chen Y, Yang Z, Huang G, et al. Astragaloside-IV Alleviates Heat-Induced Inflammation by Inhibiting Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress and Autophagy. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:824-837 pubmed publisher..Thus, AS-IV may attenuate inflammatory responses by disrupting the crosstalk between autophagy and the PERK-eIF2α pathway and may be an ideal agent for treating inflammatory pulmonary diseases. ..
- Xu S, Pi H, Zhang L, Zhang N, Li Y, Zhang H, et al. Melatonin prevents abnormal mitochondrial dynamics resulting from the neurotoxicity of cadmium by blocking calcium-dependent translocation of Drp1 to the mitochondria. J Pineal Res. 2016;60:291-302 pubmed publisher..Melatonin has significant pharmacological potential in protecting against the neurotoxicity of Cd by blocking the disbalance of mitochondrial fusion and fission. ..
- Liu Y, Jiang Y, Wang N, Jin Q, Ji F, Zhong C, et al. Invalidation of mitophagy by FBP1-mediated repression promotes apoptosis in breast cancer. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317708779 pubmed publisher..In summary, loss of mitophagy by fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase 1-mediated repression promotes apoptosis in breast cancer. ..
- Tang Y, Wang X, Zhang S, Duan S, Qing W, Chen G, et al. Pre-existing weakness is critical for the occurrence of postoperative cognitive dysfunction in mice of the same age. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182471 pubmed publisher..However, the POCD-associated pathological changes didn't occur in normal mice of the same age after surgery. These results suggest that pre-existing weakness is critical for the occurrence of POCD in mice of the same age. ..
- Yu L, Wu S, Peng Y, Liu R, Chen X, Zhao P, et al. Arabidopsis EDT1/HDG11 improves drought and salt tolerance in cotton and poplar and increases cotton yield in the field. Plant Biotechnol J. 2016;14:72-84 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that AtHDG11 is not only a promising candidate for crops improvement but also for woody plants. ..
- Duan J, Qiu W, Xu S, Wang B, Ye X, Ping Y, et al. Strategies for isolating and enriching cancer stem cells: well begun is half done. Stem Cells Dev. 2013;22:2221-39 pubmed publisher..Although many challenges remain to be overcome, it is reasonable to believe that more reliable, efficient, and convenient methods will be developed in the near future. ..
- Sun J, Pu Y, Wang P, Chen S, Zhao Y, Liu C, et al. TRPV1-mediated UCP2 upregulation ameliorates hyperglycemia-induced endothelial dysfunction. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2013;12:69 pubmed publisher..TRPV1 activation by capsaicin might protect against hyperglycemia-induced endothelial dysfunction through a mechanism involving the PKA/UCP2 pathway. ..
- Zhang K, Jiang D. RhoA inhibits the hypoxia-induced apoptosis and mitochondrial dysfunction in chondrocytes via positively regulating the CREB phosphorylation. Biosci Rep. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..And the overexpression of RhoA ameliorated the hypoxia-induced mitochondrial dysfunction and apoptosis via blocking the hypoxia-mediated reduction in CREB phosphorylation. ..
- Yan J, Li Y, Yang H, Zhang L, Yang B, Wang M, et al. Interleukin-17A participates in podocyte injury by inducing IL-1Î² secretion through ROS-NLRP3 inflammasome-caspase-1 pathway. Scand J Immunol. 2018;87:e12645 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results suggest that IL-17A induces podocyte injury by activating the NLRP3 inflammasome and IL-1Î² secretion and contributes to disruption of the kidney's filtration system. ..
- Hu J, Han J, Chu Z, Song H, Zhang D, Zhang Q, et al. Astragaloside IV attenuates hypoxia-induced cardiomyocyte damage in rats by upregulating superoxide dismutase-1 levels. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2009;36:351-7 pubmed publisher..A major part of this action is achieved by upregulation of SOD-1 content and activity within the cell cytoplasm. ..
- Zhangxue H, Min G, Jinning Z, Yuan S, Li W, Huapei S, et al. Glycochenodeoxycholate induces rat alveolar epithelial type II cell death and inhibits surfactant secretion in vitro. Free Radic Biol Med. 2012;53:122-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study suggested that cell death prevention and cell therapy should be considered as therapeutic strategies for infant respiratory distress syndrome complicated from maternal intrahepatic cholestasis. ..
- Qu M, Zhou Z, Chen C, Li M, Pei L, Yang J, et al. Inhibition of mitochondrial permeability transition pore opening is involved in the protective effects of mortalin overexpression against beta-amyloid-induced apoptosis in SH-SY5Y cells. Neurosci Res. 2012;72:94-102 pubmed publisher..Demonstration of the neuroprotective action of mortalin provides additional insights into the pathogenic mechanisms of A? toxicity and defines possible molecular targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Xiang L, Xie G, Liu C, Zhou J, Chen J, Yu S, et al. Knock-down of glutaminase 2 expression decreases glutathione, NADH, and sensitizes cervical cancer to ionizing radiation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:2996-3005 pubmed publisher..GLS2 may have an important role in radioresistance in cervical cancer patients. ..
- Cao T, Chen H, Dong Z, Xu Y, Zhao P, Guo W, et al. Stachydrine Protects Against Pressure Overload-Induced Cardiac Hypertrophy by Suppressing Autophagy. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:103-114 pubmed publisher..By inhibiting NOX2, Stachydrine inhibits ROS production, thus exerting a remarkable activity of inhibiting hypertrophy, which could have considerable effect on clinical practice. ..
- Liao G, Liu Q, Xie J. Transcriptional analysis of the effect of exogenous decanoic acid stress on Streptomyces roseosporus. Microb Cell Fact. 2013;12:19 pubmed publisher..Its production critically depends on the addition of decanoic acid during fermentation. Unfortunately, decanoic acid (>2.5 mM) is toxic to daptomycin producer, Streptomyces roseosporus...
- Su Q, Qin D, Wang F, Ren J, Li H, Zhang M, et al. Inhibition of reactive oxygen species in hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus attenuates the renin-angiotensin system and proinflammatory cytokines in hypertension. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2014;276:115-20 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of reactive oxygen species in hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus attenuates the renin-angiotensin system, proinflammatory cytokines and oxidative stress in ANG II-induced hypertension. ..