Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mitochondria in Chongqing, Chongqing Shi, China
Locale: Chongqing, Chongqing Shi, China
- Xu Z, Xu L. Fluorescent probes for the selective detection of chemical species inside mitochondria. Chem Commun (Camb). 2016;52:1094-119 pubmed publisher..In addition, their applications for the detection of reactive oxygen species (ROS), nitric oxide, reactive sulfur species (RSS), thioredoxin (Trx), metal ions, anions, etc. in the mitochondrion is discussed as well. ..
- Zhao F, Fang F, Qiao P, Yan N, Gao D, Yan Y. AP39, a Mitochondria-Targeted Hydrogen Sulfide Donor, Supports Cellular Bioenergetics and Protects against Alzheimer's Disease by Preserving Mitochondrial Function in APP/PS1 Mice and Neurons. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2016;2016:8360738 pubmed publisher..Additionally, AP39 inhibited brain atrophy in APP/PS1 mice. Based on these results, AP39 was proposed as a promising drug candidate for AD treatment, and its anti-AD mechanism may involve protection against mitochondrial damage. ..
- Ji D, Majid A, Yin Z. ?-Lipoic acid attenuates light insults to neurones. Biol Pharm Bull. 2013;36:1060-7 pubmed..LA also stimulated GSH and GST. These findings support the view that light can affect mitochondria which could lead to retinal ganglion cell apoptosis and LA can blunt by decreasing ROS generation and stimulating GSH and GST. ..
- Li T, Zhu Y, Hu Y, Li L, Diao Y, Tang J, et al. Ideal permissive hypotension to resuscitate uncontrolled hemorrhagic shock and the tolerance time in rats. Anesthesiology. 2011;114:111-9 pubmed publisher..Ninety minutes of permissive hypotension is the tolerance limit; 120 min of hypotensive resuscitation can cause severe organ damage and should be avoided. ..
- Deng W, Luo K, Li Z, Yang Y. Molecular cloning and characterization of a mitochondrial dicarboxylate/tricarboxylate transporter gene in Citrus junos response to aluminum stress. Mitochondrial DNA. 2008;19:376-84 pubmed
- Wang Q, Wang J, Hu M, Yang Y, Guo L, Xu J, et al. Uncoupling Protein 2 Increases Susceptibility to Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Acute Lung Injury in Mice. Mediators Inflamm. 2016;2016:9154230 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, UCP2 increased susceptibility to LPS-induced cell death and pulmonary inflammation, most likely via ATP depletion and activation of MAPK signaling following ALI in mice. ..
- Wu J, Li A, Li Y, Li X, Zhang Q, Song W, et al. Chlorpromazine inhibits mitochondrial apoptotic pathway via increasing expression of tissue factor. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;70:82-91 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that CPZ exerts its neuronal protective effects through inhibiting the activation of mitochondrial apoptotic pathway by up-regulating TF expression, thus providing new insight into CPZ function and application. ..
- Sai Y, Zou Z, Peng K, Dong Z. The Parkinson's disease-related genes act in mitochondrial homeostasis. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2012;36:2034-43 pubmed publisher..Therefore, in this review, we will focus on the action of PD-related genes in mitochondrial homeostasis. ..
- Xu Y, Liu Y, Xia C, GAO P, Liu J. Evidence for involvement of uncoupling proteins in cerebral mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation deficiency of rats exposed to 5,000 m high altitude. Neurochem Res. 2013;38:282-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, UCPs mediated proton leak is closely related to cerebral mitochondria oxidative phosphorylation deficiency during acute high altitude hypoxia and NEFA is involved in this signaling pathway. ..
- Li Y, Tang M, Xue Y, Chen H, Ye Q, Li Y. Complete mitochondrial genome of the Chinese balitorine loach, Metahomaloptera omeiensis (Teleostei, Cypriniformes). Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal. 2016;27:1449-50 pubmed publisher..44% A, 25.44% T, 28.28% C and 16.84% G with AT bias of 54.88%. The complete mitogenome of M. omeiensis provides the basis for genetic resources and phylogenetic analyses on this freshwater fish species. ..
- Zhou X, Han T, Chen H, Baker P, Qi H, Zhang H. Impaired mitochondrial fusion, autophagy, biogenesis and dysregulated lipid metabolism is associated with preeclampsia. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:195-204 pubmed publisher..Our discoveries indicate that the compromised lipid metabolism in sPE may result from dysfunctional mitochondria, thus revealing new insights into the etiology of the disease. ..
- Li M, Vascotto C, Xu S, Dai N, Qing Y, Zhong Z, et al. Human AP endonuclease/redox factor APE1/ref-1 modulates mitochondrial function after oxidative stress by regulating the transcriptional activity of NRF1. Free Radic Biol Med. 2012;53:237-48 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reveal APE1 as a new coactivator of NRF1, which highlights an additional regulatory role of APE1 in maintenance of mitochondrial functionality. ..
- Luo Y, Gao W, Gao Y, Tang S, Huang Q, Tan X, et al. Mitochondrial genome analysis of Ochotona curzoniae and implication of cytochrome c oxidase in hypoxic adaptation. Mitochondrion. 2008;8:352-7 pubmed publisher..These amino acid substitutions potentially function in modulation of mitochondrial complexes and electron transport efficiency during cold and hypoxia adaptation...
- Wang Y, Deng L, Wang Y, Zhong H, Jiang X, Chen J. Natural plant extract tubeimoside I induces cytotoxicity via the mitochondrial pathway in human normal liver cells. Mol Med Rep. 2011;4:713-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results confirm that TBMS I has a significant apoptotic effect on normal liver L-02 cells, which may be significant to its clinical applications...
- He M, Xu S, Lü Y, Li L, Zhong M, Zhang Y, et al. L-carnitine protects against nickel-induced neurotoxicity by maintaining mitochondrial function in Neuro-2a cells. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2011;253:38-44 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that LC may have great pharmacological potential in protecting against the adverse effects of nickel in the nervous system...
- Xu S, Zhong M, Zhang L, Wang Y, Zhou Z, Hao Y, et al. Overexpression of Tfam protects mitochondria against beta-amyloid-induced oxidative damage in SH-SY5Y cells. FEBS J. 2009;276:3800-9 pubmed publisher..These beneficial effects may be attributable to the roles of Tfam in maintaining mtDNA nucleoid formation and mtDNA copy number. ..
- Xu S, Pi H, Zhang L, Zhang N, Li Y, Zhang H, et al. Melatonin prevents abnormal mitochondrial dynamics resulting from the neurotoxicity of cadmium by blocking calcium-dependent translocation of Drp1 to the mitochondria. J Pineal Res. 2016;60:291-302 pubmed publisher..Melatonin has significant pharmacological potential in protecting against the neurotoxicity of Cd by blocking the disbalance of mitochondrial fusion and fission. ..
- Zhang H, Lu M, Qi H, Zhang J. [Up-regulation of glucose regulated protein 78 induced by 2-deoxyglucose plays a protective role for fetal rat cerebral neuron following intrauterine distress]. Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi. 2008;43:356-60 pubmed..Up-regulation of GRP78 induced by 2DG counteracts primary cellular damage caused by endoplasmic reticulum stress. 2DG plays a protective role for fetal rat cerebral neuron following intrauterine distress. ..
- Chen G, Nan C, Tian J, Jean Charles P, Li Y, Weissbach H, et al. Protective effects of taurine against oxidative stress in the heart of MsrA knockout mice. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:3559-66 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that long-term treatment of taurine as a diet supplement is beneficial to a heart that is vulnerable to environmental oxidative stresses. ..
- Tao W, Zhao H. The complete mitogenome of Gnathopogon polytaenia (Cypriniformes; Cyprinidae). Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal. 2016;27:1307-8 pubmed publisher..Base composition of the genome is A (29.1%), T (26.9%), C (25.9%) and G (18.1%) with an A?+?T rich feature (56%) as that of other vertebrate mitochondrial genomes. ..
- Xu X, Zhang Q, Hu J, Zhang D, Jiang X, Jia J, et al. Phosphorylation of DYNLT1 at serine 82 regulates microtubule stability and mitochondrial permeabilization in hypoxia. Mol Cells. 2013;36:322-32 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provide new insights into a DYNLT1 mechanism in stabilizing MTs and mitochondria, and propose a potential therapeutic target for hypoxia cytoprotective studies. ..
- Zhang K, Jiang D. RhoA inhibits the hypoxia-induced apoptosis and mitochondrial dysfunction in chondrocytes via positively regulating the CREB phosphorylation. Biosci Rep. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..And the overexpression of RhoA ameliorated the hypoxia-induced mitochondrial dysfunction and apoptosis via blocking the hypoxia-mediated reduction in CREB phosphorylation. ..
- Qu M, Zhou Z, Chen C, Li M, Pei L, Chu F, et al. Lycopene protects against trimethyltin-induced neurotoxicity in primary cultured rat hippocampal neurons by inhibiting the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway. Neurochem Int. 2011;59:1095-103 pubmed publisher..The anti-apoptotic effect of lycopene on hippocampal neurons highlights the therapeutic potential of plant-derived antioxidants against neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Liu Y, Jiang Y, Wang N, Jin Q, Ji F, Zhong C, et al. Invalidation of mitophagy by FBP1-mediated repression promotes apoptosis in breast cancer. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317708779 pubmed publisher..In summary, loss of mitophagy by fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase 1-mediated repression promotes apoptosis in breast cancer. ..
- Tao N, Ren J, Tang H, Ran L, Zhou H, Liu B, et al. Deacetylation of Ku70 by SIRT6 attenuates Bax-mediated apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;485:713-719 pubmed publisher..SIRT6 may serve as a promising target for developing targeted therapies for HCC in the future. ..
- Dong Z, Shanmughapriya S, Tomar D, Siddiqui N, Lynch S, Nemani N, et al. Mitochondrial Ca2+ Uniporter Is a Mitochondrial Luminal Redox Sensor that Augments MCU Channel Activity. Mol Cell. 2017;65:1014-1028.e7 pubmed publisher..In contrast, these effects were largely independent of MCU interaction with its regulators. These findings reveal a distinct functional role for Cys-97 in ROS sensing and regulation of MCU activity. ..
- Li M, Zhong Z, Zhu J, Xiang D, Dai N, Cao X, et al. Identification and characterization of mitochondrial targeting sequence of human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:14871-81 pubmed publisher..As a dually targeted mitochondrial protein, APE1 possesses a special distribution pattern of different subcellular targeting signals, the identification of which sheds light on future prediction of MTSs. ..
- Jin X, Qiu L, Zhang D, Zhang M, Wang Z, Guo Z, et al. Chemosensitization in non-small cell lung cancer cells by IKK inhibitor occurs via NF-kappaB and mitochondrial cytochrome c cascade. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:4596-607 pubmed publisher..These data strengthen the rationale for using parthenolide to decrease the apoptotic threshold via caspase-dependent processes for treatment of non-small cell lung cancer with paclitaxel chemoresistance. ..
- Fang Y, Li T, Fan X, Zhu Y, Liu L. Beneficial effects of activation of PKC on hemorrhagic shock in rats. J Trauma. 2010;68:865-73 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to investigate the protective effects of activation of PKC on hemorrhagic shock and its related mechanism...
- Fang Y, Xu X, Dang Y, Zhang Y, Zhang J, Hu J, et al. MAP4 mechanism that stabilizes mitochondrial permeability transition in hypoxia: microtubule enhancement and DYNLT1 interaction with VDAC1. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28052 pubmed publisher..We thus propose two possible mechanisms triggered by MAP4: (1) stabilization of MT networks, (2) DYNLT1 modulation, which is connected with VDAC1, and inhibition of hypoxia-induced mitochondrial permeabilization. ..
- He Y, Wang J, Liu X, Zhang L, Yi G, Li C, et al. Toosendanin inhibits hepatocellular carcinoma cells by inducing mitochondria-dependent apoptosis. Planta Med. 2010;76:1447-53 pubmed publisher..The findings above demonstrate that toosendanin possesses strong anticancer effects in vivo and in vitro via inducing mitochondria-dependent apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma cells...
- Qu M, Zhou Z, Chen C, Li M, Pei L, Yang J, et al. Inhibition of mitochondrial permeability transition pore opening is involved in the protective effects of mortalin overexpression against beta-amyloid-induced apoptosis in SH-SY5Y cells. Neurosci Res. 2012;72:94-102 pubmed publisher..Demonstration of the neuroprotective action of mortalin provides additional insights into the pathogenic mechanisms of A? toxicity and defines possible molecular targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Li M, Wang D, Zhong Z, Xiang D, Li Z, Xie J, et al. Targeting truncated APE1 in mitochondria enhances cell survival after oxidative stress. Free Radic Biol Med. 2008;45:592-601 pubmed publisher..The present results suggest that overexpression of the truncated APE1 in mitochondria appears to be a viable approach to protecting healthy cells from some deleterious effects of oxidative stress. ..
- Zou Y, Li Y, Yu W, Du Y, Shi R, Zhang M, et al. Hypoxia-up-regulated mitochondrial movement regulator does not contribute to the APP/PS1 double transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2013;36:137-45 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that HUMMR does not play a key role in mitochondrial dysfunction in the APP/PS1 double transgenic AD mouse. ..
- Xu S, Pi H, Chen Y, Zhang N, Guo P, Lu Y, et al. Cadmium induced Drp1-dependent mitochondrial fragmentation by disturbing calcium homeostasis in its hepatotoxicity. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e540 pubmed publisher..Manipulation of Drp1 may be the potential avenue for developing novel strategies to protect against cadmium-induced hepatotoxicity...