Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in Hefei, Anhui Sheng, China
Locale: Hefei, Anhui Sheng, China
Topic: signal transduction
Publications131 found, 100 shown here
- Li C, Liang D, Li J, Duan Y, Li H, Yang Y, et al. Unravelling mitochondrial retrograde regulation in the abiotic stress induction of rice ALTERNATIVE OXIDASE 1 genes. Plant Cell Environ. 2013;36:775-88 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings demonstrate that abiotic stress initiates the MRR on OsAOX1a/b and that mitochondrial O2·(-) is involved in the process. ..
- Yang C, Wu C, Xu D, Wang M, Xia Q. AstragalosideII inhibits autophagic flux and enhance chemosensitivity of cisplatin in human cancer cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;81:166-75 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these findings suggested that ASII served as autophagy inhibitor which restored chemosensitivity of anticancer agent cisplatin and enhanced tumor cell death. ..
- Wu R, Chen H, Ma J, He Q, Huang Q, Liu Q, et al. c-Abl-p38Î± signaling plays an important role in MPTP-induced neuronal death. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:542-52 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, p38Î± inhibition mitigated the MPTP-induced loss of dopaminergic neurons. Taken together, these data suggested that c-Abl-p38Î± signaling may represent a therapeutic target for PD. ..
- Zhang J, Zhou W, Lin J, Wei P, Zhang Y, Jin P, et al. Autophagic lysosomal reformation depends on mTOR reactivation in H2O2-induced autophagy. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;70:76-81 pubmed publisher..Our results provided a first non-starvation example of autophagic lysosomal reformation and provide evidence for its importance for some autophagic processes other than that of starvation. ..
- Wang C, Ding H, Tang X, Li Z, Gan L. Effect of Liuweibuqi Capsules in Pulmonary Alveolar Epithelial Cells and COPD Through JAK/STAT Pathway. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:743-756 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggested that Liuweibuqi capsule might effectively ameliorate the progression of COPD via the JAK/STAT pathway. ..
- Chen H, Li F, Yuan H, Xiao X, Yang G, Wu L. Abscopal signals mediated bio-effects in low-energy ion irradiated Medicago truncatula seeds. J Radiat Res. 2010;51:651-6 pubmed
- Jiang W, Wang X, Zeng B, Liu L, Tardivel A, Wei H, et al. Recognition of gut microbiota by NOD2 is essential for the homeostasis of intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes. J Exp Med. 2013;210:2465-76 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that recognition of gut microbiota by NOD2 is important to maintain the homeostasis of IELs and provide a clue that may link NOD2 variation to the impaired innate immunity and higher susceptibility in CD. ..
- Zhang Z, Xie D, Xu S, Xia M, Zhang Z, Geng H, et al. Total glucosides of paeony inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced proliferation, migration and invasion in androgen insensitive prostate cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182584 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that TGP inhibits inflammation-associated STAT3 activation and proliferation, migration and invasion in androgen insensitive prostate cancer cells. ..
- Pei D, Sun Y, Guan Q, Hao Z, Xu T, Zhang G. Postsynaptic density protein 95 antisense oligodeoxynucleotides inhibits the activation of MLK3 and JNK3 via the GluR6.PSD-95.MLK3 signaling module after transient cerebral ischemia in rat hippocampus. Neurosci Lett. 2004;367:71-5 pubmed..These results indicate that PSD-95 plays an important role in the formation of the GluR6.PSD-95.MLK3 signaling module and MLK3 and JNK3 activation in postischemic rat hippocampus. ..
- Liu D, Li P, Song S, Liu Y, Wang Q, Chang Y, et al. Pro-apoptotic effect of epigallo-catechin-3-gallate on B lymphocytes through regulating BAFF/PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling in rats with collagen-induced arthritis. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012;690:214-25 pubmed publisher..EGCG had therapeutic effects on CIA rats, which might be relative to the inhibition effects of EGCG on BAFF and PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling, and then the apoptosis of B lymphocytes was promoted further. ..
- Yan F, Wang M, Li J, Cheng H, Su J, Wang X, et al. Gambogenic acid induced mitochondrial-dependent apoptosis and referred to phospho-Erk1/2 and phospho-p38 MAPK in human hepatoma HepG2 cells. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2012;33:181-90 pubmed publisher..Moreover, gambogenic acid mediated apoptosis and was involved in the phospho-Erk1/2 and phospho-p38 MAPK proteins expression changes in HepG2 cells. ..
- Deng Z, Li J, Jin Y, Chen X, Lü X. Effect of oxymatrine on the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinases signalling pathway in rats with CCl4 induced hepatic fibrosis. Chin Med J (Engl). 2009;122:1449-54 pubmed..Oxymatrine is effective in reducing the production and deposition of collagen in the liver tissue of experimental rats in ways which relate to modulating the fibrogenic signal transduction via p38 MAPK signalling pathway. ..
- Zhang Q, Wang R, Yin X, Pan J, Xu T, Zhang G. Knock-down of POSH expression is neuroprotective through down-regulating activation of the MLK3-MKK4-JNK pathway following cerebral ischaemia in the rat hippocampal CA1 subfield. J Neurochem. 2005;95:784-95 pubmed
- Chen Y, Sun R. Toll-like receptors in acute liver injury and regeneration. Int Immunopharmacol. 2011;11:1433-41 pubmed publisher..Further, recent advances in the roles of TLRs in acute liver injury and regeneration as mediator and regulator, and their potential therapeutic targets are discussed. ..
- Wu Q, Yan W, Liu C, Li L, Yu L, Zhao S, et al. Microcystin-LR exposure induces developmental neurotoxicity in zebrafish embryo. Environ Pollut. 2016;213:793-800 pubmed publisher..The above results indicated that MCLR-induced developmental toxicity might attribute to the disorder of cholinergic system, dopaminergic signaling, and the development of neurons. ..
- Xie C, Wang W, Yang F, Wu M, Mei Y. RUVBL2 is a novel repressor of ARF transcription. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:435-41 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, RUVBL2 binds to the distal region of ARF promoter, thus leading to the repression of ARF transcription. These results suggest an important role of RUVBL2 in the regulation of ARF-p53 pathway. ..
- Sun S, Jia W, Chen H, Ma J, Ge Y, Yu J, et al. Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) induces apoptosis in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013;6:281-9 pubmed..We also found that DHA inhibits Bel-7402 cells migration. Basic on our studies, DHA may play a role in tumor invasion and survival. ..
- Zou L, Wang M, Shen Y, Liao J, Li A, Wang M. PKIS: computational identification of protein kinases for experimentally discovered protein phosphorylation sites. BMC Bioinformatics. 2013;14:247 pubmed publisher..It is a valuable bioinformatics tool suitable for the study of protein phosphorylation. The PKIS web server is freely available at http://bioinformatics.ustc.edu.cn/pkis. ..
- Wei W, Shen Y, Dai M, Chen Q. Effects and mechanisms of melatonin on immune responses in mice of different months. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2003;24:719-23 pubmed..01), which was blocked by nifedipine (1 micromol/L). Melatonin exerted an effect on immune responses in mice of different months, which might be mediated by G protein-AC-cAMP signal transduction pathway and regulation of met-Enk level. ..
- Zhang S, Luo X, Yang S, Liu J, Yang C, Yin X, et al. Autoinhibition of IL-15 expression in KC cells is ERK1/2 and PI3K dependent. Scand J Immunol. 2008;68:397-404 pubmed publisher..Mechanistic studies demonstrated that the auto-regulation of IL-15 expression was dependent on activity of ERK1/2 and PI3K. Our studies suggest that there is an auto-inhibitory mechanism controlling cellular IL-15 levels. ..
- He S, Liu X, Yang Y, Huang W, Xu S, Yang S, et al. Mechanisms of transforming growth factor beta(1)/Smad signalling mediated by mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways in keloid fibroblasts. Br J Dermatol. 2010;162:538-46 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the ERK, JNK and p38 pathways mediate TGF-beta(1)/Smad signal transduction and might be considered as specific targets of drug therapy for keloids. ..
- Huang Y, Li J, Meng X, Jiang G, Li H, Cao Q, et al. Effect of triterpene acids of Eriobotrya japonica (Thunb.) Lindl. leaf and MAPK signal transduction pathway on inducible nitric oxide synthase expression in alveolar macrophage of chronic bronchitis rats. Am J Chin Med. 2009;37:1099-111 pubmed..The effect of TAL on iNOS expression in AM may be related to its inhibition of p38 MAPK signal transduction. ..
- Yang B, Wang J, Wang Y, Zhou H, Wu X, Tian Z, et al. Novel function of Trim44 promotes an antiviral response by stabilizing VISA. J Immunol. 2013;190:3613-9 pubmed publisher..Trim44 stabilizes VISA by preventing VISA ubiquitination and degradation. These findings suggest that Trim44 functions as a positive regulator of the virus-triggered immune response by enhancing the stability of VISA. ..
- Wang P, Wu Y, Li Y, Zheng J, Tang J. A novel RING finger E3 ligase RNF186 regulate ER stress-mediated apoptosis through interaction with BNip1. Cell Signal. 2013;25:2320-33 pubmed publisher..These results collectively indicate that BNip1 functions as a downstream modulator of RNF186 to direct ER stress-associated apoptotic signaling. Our study might reveal a novel E3 ligase-mediated mechanism for modulating ER stress. ..
- Zhang Y, Lu Y, Ma L, Cao X, Xiao J, Chen J, et al. Activation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-3 in macrophages restrains TLR4-NF-?B signaling and protects against endotoxin shock. Immunity. 2014;40:501-14 pubmed publisher..Thus, VEGFR-3-VEGF-C signaling represents a "self-control" mechanism during antibacterial innate immunity. ..
- Chen S, Zhao Y, Zhao G, Han W, Bao L, Yu K, et al. Up-regulation of ROS by mitochondria-dependent bystander signaling contributes to genotoxicity of bystander effects. Mutat Res. 2009;666:68-73 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the work presented here suggested that up-regulation of the mitochondria-dependent ROS might be very important in mediating genotoxicity of bystander effects. ..
- Xu T, Ni M, Xing Li -, Li X, Meng X, Huang C, et al. NLRC5 regulates TGF-Î²1-induced proliferation and activation of hepatic stellate cells during hepatic fibrosis. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;70:92-104 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that NLRC5 is a potent pro-fibrogenic molecule for HSC activation through TGF-Î²1/Smad and NF-ÎºB signaling pathways. NLRC5 inhibition would be a promising therapeutic avenue for treating hepatic fibrosis. ..
- Wang X, Zha M, Zhao X, Jiang P, Du W, Tam A, et al. Siva1 inhibits p53 function by acting as an ARF E3 ubiquitin ligase. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1551 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover a novel regulatory mechanism for the control of ARF stability, thereby revealing an important function of Siva1 in the regulation of the ARF-Mdm2-p53 pathway. ..
- Fang L, Liu J, Wan L, Zhu F, Tan B, Zhang P. [Xinfeng capsule improves hypercoagulative state by inhibiting miR-155/NF-?B signaling pathway in patients with active ankylosing spondylitis]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2016;32:1094-8 pubmed..Conclusion XFC could effectively improve hypercoagulative state in active AS patients. The potential mechanism may be associated with the inhibition of miR-155 and NF-?B signal pathway. ..
- Lou Y, Yao J, Zereshki A, Dou Z, Ahmed K, Wang H, et al. NEK2A interacts with MAD1 and possibly functions as a novel integrator of the spindle checkpoint signaling. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:20049-57 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that NEK2A is a kinetochore-associated protein kinase essential for faithful chromosome segregation. We hypothesize that NEK2A links MAD2 molecular dynamics to spindle checkpoint signaling. ..
- Wang Y, Dai M, Zhong J, Yin D. Paeonol inhibits oxidized low density lipoprotein-induced monocyte adhesion to vascular endothelial cells by inhibiting the mitogen activated protein kinase pathway. Biol Pharm Bull. 2012;35:767-72 pubmed..These results indicate that paeonol has potential protective effects on the development of atherosclerosis. ..
- Wu L, Gao L, Hou X, Zhang Q, Li S, Yang Y, et al. Drosophila miR-5 suppresses Hedgehog signaling by directly targeting Smoothened. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:4052-60 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that miR-5 can specifically suppress Hh signaling by directly targeting Smo in Drosophila. ..
- Lei Y, Li H, Jin W, Peng W, Zhang C, Bu L, et al. The radiosensitizing effect of Paeonol on lung adenocarcinoma by augmentation of radiation-induced apoptosis and inhibition of the PI3K/Akt pathway. Int J Radiat Biol. 2013;89:1079-86 pubmed publisher..This effect could be related to the augmentation of radiation-induced apoptosis and the inhibition of the PI3K/Akt signalling pathway and its downstream proteins: COX-2 and Survivin. ..
- Gao H, He F, Lin X, Wu Y. Drosophila VAMP7 regulates Wingless intracellular trafficking. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186938 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that VAMP7 is required for Wg intracellular trafficking and the accumulation of Wg in Rab4-dependent recycling endosomes might affect Wg signaling. ..
- Wang S, Tang M, Pei B, Xiao X, Wang J, Hang H, et al. Cadmium-induced germline apoptosis in Caenorhabditis elegans: the roles of HUS1, p53, and MAPK signaling pathways. Toxicol Sci. 2008;102:345-51 pubmed..Finally, our study demonstrates that C. elegans is a mammalian in vivo substitute model to study the mechanisms of Cd-induced apoptosis. ..
- Cui Y, Chen X, Zhang J, Sun X, Liu H, Bai L, et al. Uhrf1 Controls iNKT Cell Survival and Differentiation through the Akt-mTOR Axis. Cell Rep. 2016;15:256-63 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that Uhrf1 regulation of the Akt-mTOR signaling pathway is required for iNKT cell development. ..
- Wu H, Wang J, Zhang B, Fang L, Xu K, Liu R. CpG-ODN promotes phagocytosis and autophagy through JNK/P38 signal pathway in Staphylococcus aureus-stimulated macrophage. Life Sci. 2016;161:51-9 pubmed publisher..aureus-stimulated macrophages, these findings provide novel insights into how innate immune cells defend bacterial infection via TLR9. ..
- Zhang S, Sun W, Wu J, Gu Y, Wei W. Decreased expression of the type III TGF-Î² receptor enhances metastasis and invasion in hepatocellullar carcinoma progression. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:2373-81 pubmed publisher..All the results suggest that TÎ²RIII is a novel suppressor of HCC progression. ..
- Hu P, Huang B, Xia X, Xuan Q, Hu B, Qin Y. Therapeutic effect of CNP on renal osteodystrophy by antagonizing the FGF-23/MAPK pathway. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2016;36:213-9 pubmed publisher..The specific node may act at the level of RAF-1 through the activation of cyclic guanosine monophosphate-dependent protein kinases II. ..
- Wan J, Wu W, Chen Y, Kang N, Zhang R. Insufficient radiofrequency ablation promotes the growth of non-small cell lung cancer cells through PI3K/Akt/HIF-1Î± signals. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2016;48:371-7 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that insufficient RFA can promote thein vitroandin vivogrowth of NSCLC via upregulating HIF-1Î± through the PI3K/Akt signals. ..
- Yan F, Wang M, Chen H, Su J, Wang X, Wang F, et al. Gambogenic acid mediated apoptosis through the mitochondrial oxidative stress and inactivation of Akt signaling pathway in human nasopharyngeal carcinoma CNE-1 cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;652:23-32 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results indicated that Gambogenic acid mediated apoptosis through inactivation of Akt, accompanied with mitochondrial oxidative stress and cross-talk with Bcl-2 family in the process of apoptosis. ..
- Ma Y, Cheng Q, Ren Z, Xu L, Zhao Y, Sun J, et al. Induction of IGF-1R expression by EGR-1 facilitates the growth of prostate cancer cells. Cancer Lett. 2012;317:150-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that EGR-1 may stimulate prostate cancer cell growth through up-regulation of IGF-1R and indicate that down-regulation of EGR-1 could be an effective therapeutic approach against prostate cancer. ..
- Ning X, Luo T, Chen Z, Sun Q. The physics for the formation of cell-in-cell structures. Curr Mol Med. 2015;15:867-72 pubmed..However, the driving forces promoting the structural formation are still under debate. This review focuses on the recent progress and discusses the potential significance of the existing physical models. ..
- Zheng L, Jia J, Dai H, Wan L, Liu J, Hu L, et al. Triptolide-Assisted Phosphorylation of p53 Suppresses Inflammation-Induced NF-κB Survival Pathways in Cancer Cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Inhibition of p38α and ERK1/2 or p53 mutations could abolish the inhibitory effects of triptolide on NF-κB. Our study defines a new p53-dependent mechanism for blocking NF-κB survival pathways in cancer cells. ..
- Wang W, Cheng B, Miao L, Mei Y, Wu M. Mutant p53-R273H gains new function in sustained activation of EGFR signaling via suppressing miR-27a expression. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e574 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this work reveals a direct link between the gain-of-function of mutant p53 and miRNA and uncovers a novel mutant p53-273H/miR-27a/EGFR pathway that has an important role in promoting tumor development. ..
- Zhang D, Chen P, Zheng C, Xia J. Identification of ovarian cancer subtype-specific network modules and candidate drivers through an integrative genomics approach. Oncotarget. 2016;7:4298-309 pubmed publisher..The framework may also be used to identify new therapeutic targets in a subset of ovarian cancers, for which limited therapeutic opportunities currently exist. ..
- Fang H, Zhang L, Meng F, Du X, Zhou J. Acute hypoxia promote the phosphorylation of tau via ERK pathway. Neurosci Lett. 2010;474:173-177 pubmed publisher..We found in our study that hypoxia promoted the phosphorylation of tau protein via ERK pathway, which suggest hypoxia might be involved in the process of tau pathology. ..
- Pan H, Li X, Zheng S, Ye D. Emerging role of interleukin-22 in autoimmune diseases. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2013;24:51-7 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the recent progression of the involvement of IL-22 in the development and pathogenesis of autoimmune diseases, as well as its clinical implications and therapeutic potential. ..
- Bu S, Xie Q, Chang W, Huo X, Chen F, Ma X. LukS-PV induces mitochondrial-mediated apoptosis and G0/G1 cell cycle arrest in human acute myeloid leukemia THP-1 cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2013;45:1531-7 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that LukS-PV acts as an anti-leukemia agent and activates AML cell apoptosis via the mitochondrial pathway. Therefore, LukS-PV may be a multi-targeting drug candidate for the prevention and therapy of AML. ..
- Che Z, Liu Y, Chen Y, Cao J, Liang C, Wang L, et al. The apoptotic pathways effect of fine particulate from cooking oil fumes in primary fetal alveolar type II epithelial cells. Mutat Res Genet Toxicol Environ Mutagen. 2014;761:35-43 pubmed publisher..COF exposure arrested the cell cycle the at G0-G1 phase. In summary, COF can lead to apoptosis via mitochondrial and death receptor pathways in AEC II cells. ..
- Li Y, Wu L, Legendre P, Xu T. Asymmetric cross-inhibition between GABAA and glycine receptors in rat spinal dorsal horn neurons. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:38637-45 pubmed
- Wang X, Jin Y, Luo B, Sun J, Zhang J, Wang M, et al. Sodium salicylate potentiates the GABAB-GIRK pathway to suppress rebound depolarization in neurons of the rat's medial geniculate body. Hear Res. 2016;332:104-112 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that NaSal targets GABAB receptors to alter functional behaviors of MGB neurons, which may be implicated in NaSal-induced tinnitus. ..
- Shu Q, Liu J, Liu X, Zhao S, Li H, Tan Y, et al. GABAB R/GSK-3β/NF-κB signaling pathway regulates the proliferation of colorectal cancer cells. Cancer Med. 2016;5:1259-67 pubmed publisher..This study revealed critical function of GABAB R/GSK-3β/NF-κB signaling pathway on regulating proliferation of colorectal cancer cell, which might provide a potential therapeutic target for clinical colorectal cancer treatment. ..
- Tian X, Yin Y, Li X. Effects and mechanisms of Acremoniumterricola milleretal mycelium on liver fibrosis induced by carbon tetrachloride in rats. Am J Chin Med. 2011;39:537-50 pubmed
- Jiang Q, Wei H, Tian Z. Poly I:C enhances cycloheximide-induced apoptosis of tumor cells through TLR3 pathway. BMC Cancer. 2008;8:12 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated the proapoptotic activity of TLR3 expressed by various tumor cells, which may open a new range of clinical applications for TLR3 agonists as an adjuvant of certain cancer chemotherapy. ..
- Li R, Cai L, Ren D, Xie X, Hu C, Li J. Therapeutic effect of 7, 3'-dimethoxy hesperetin on adjuvant arthritis in rats through inhibiting JAK2-STAT3 signal pathway. Int Immunopharmacol. 2012;14:157-63 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, DMHP has a powerful therapeutic effect on AA in rats and its mechanisms might be partly related to inhibiting excessive activation of JAK2-STAT3 pathway. ..
- Wang W, Wang Y, Chen H, Xing Y, Li F, Zhang Q, et al. Orphan nuclear receptor TR3 acts in autophagic cell death via mitochondrial signaling pathway. Nat Chem Biol. 2014;10:133-40 pubmed publisher..It implicates a new approach to melanoma therapy through activation of a mitochondrial signaling pathway that integrates a nuclear receptor with autophagy for cell death. ..
- Yang Y, Yang S, Chen M, Zhang X, Zou Y, Zhang X. Compound Astragalus and Salvia miltiorrhiza Extract exerts anti-fibrosis by mediating TGF-beta/Smad signaling in myofibroblasts. J Ethnopharmacol. 2008;118:264-70 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that CASE's anti-fibrosis effect in chronically injured liver was exerted by inhibiting TGF-beta/Smads signal transduction. ..
- Zhao M, Jiang Y, He Y, Chen Y, Teng Y, Chen Y, et al. Structural basis for the allosteric control of the global transcription factor NtcA by the nitrogen starvation signal 2-oxoglutarate. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:12487-92 pubmed publisher..These findings provided the structural insights into the function of a global transcription factor regulated by 2-OG, a metabolite standing at a crossroad between carbon and nitrogen metabolisms. ..
- Feng D, Cao Z, Li C, Zhang L, Zhou Y, Ma J, et al. Combination of valproic acid and ATRA restores RAR?2 expression and induces differentiation in cervical cancer through the PI3K/Akt pathway. Curr Mol Med. 2012;12:342-54 pubmed..Taken together, these results provide new insight into the mechanisms of enhanced antitumor activity of the HDAC inhibitor and ATRA regimen, thus offering a new therapeutic strategy for cervical cancer patients. ..
- Xue T, Zhao L, Sun B. LuxS/AI-2 system is involved in antibiotic susceptibility and autolysis in Staphylococcus aureus NCTC 8325. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2013;41:85-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, a luxS mutant exhibited decreased autolysis and upregulated vancomycin resistance-associated VraRS two-component regulatory system. This finding may provide novel clues for antimicrobial therapy in S. aureus infection...
- Huang X, Wu Z, Mei Y, Wu M. XIAP inhibits autophagy via XIAP-Mdm2-p53 signalling. EMBO J. 2013;32:2204-16 pubmed publisher..XIAP-mediated autophagy inhibition is also largely validated in clinical tumour samples. These findings reveal a novel XIAP-Mdm2-p53 pathway that mediates the inhibition of autophagy, by which XIAP may contribute to tumorigenesis. ..
- Sun H, Wang X, Liu K, Guo M, Zhang Y, Ying Q, et al. ?-catenin coordinates with Jup and the TCF1/GATA6 axis to regulate human embryonic stem cell fate. Dev Biol. 2017;431:272-281 pubmed publisher..Our data thus reveal more detailed mechanisms for ?-catenin in regulating hESC fate decisions and will expand our understanding of the self-renewal and differentiation circuitry in hESCs. ..
- Wang H, Hu X, Ding X, Dou Z, Yang Z, Shaw A, et al. Human Zwint-1 specifies localization of Zeste White 10 to kinetochores and is essential for mitotic checkpoint signaling. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:54590-8 pubmed..As ZW10 and Zwint-1 are absent from yeast, we reasoned that metazoans evolved an elaborate spindle checkpoint machinery to ensure faithful chromosome segregation in mitosis. ..
- Zhang H, Tang J, Liu X, Wang Y, Yu W, Peng W, et al. Hydrogen sulfide promotes root organogenesis in Ipomoea batatas, Salix matsudana and Glycine max. J Integr Plant Biol. 2009;51:1086-94 pubmed publisher..seedlings. These results indicated that the process of H(2)S-induced adventitious root formation was likely mediated by IAA and NO, and that H(2)S acts upstream of IAA and NO signal transduction pathways...
- Zhao L, Xue T, Shang F, Sun H, Sun B. Staphylococcus aureus AI-2 quorum sensing associates with the KdpDE two-component system to regulate capsular polysaccharide synthesis and virulence. Infect Immun. 2010;78:3506-15 pubmed publisher..aureus. This regulation occurred via the phosphorylation of KdpE binding to the cap promoter...
- Wang T, Yan X, Zhao J, Ye J, Jiang Z, Wu D, et al. Gene associated with retinoid-interferon-induced mortality-19 suppresses growth of lung adenocarcinoma tumor in vitro and in vivo. Lung Cancer. 2011;72:287-93 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings will likely contribute to the future development of GRIM-19-based gene therapy approaches to treat lung adenocancinoma. ..
- Xia M, Liang Y, Wang H, Chen X, Huang Y, Zhang Z, et al. Melatonin modulates TLR4-mediated inflammatory genes through MyD88- and TRIF-dependent signaling pathways in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW264.7 cells. J Pineal Res. 2012;53:325-34 pubmed publisher..Correspondingly, melatonin significantly alleviated LPS-induced IFN-? in macrophages. In conclusion, melatonin modulates TLR4-mediated inflammatory genes through MyD88-dependent and TRIF-dependent signaling pathways. ..
- Wang K, Wu Y, Su J, Zhang J, Zhang P, Qi X. Total glucosides of paeony regulates JAK2/STAT3 activation and macrophage proliferation in diabetic rat kidneys. Am J Chin Med. 2012;40:521-36 pubmed
- Zhu T, Dou Z, Qin B, Jin C, Wang X, Xu L, et al. Phosphorylation of microtubule-binding protein Hec1 by mitotic kinase Aurora B specifies spindle checkpoint kinase Mps1 signaling at the kinetochore. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:36149-59 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results define a novel role for Aurora B-Hec1-Mps1 signaling axis in governing accurate chromosome segregation in mitosis. ..
- Xiao J, Yu W, Hu K, Li M, Chen J, Li Z. miR-92a promotes tumor growth of osteosarcoma by targeting PTEN/AKT signaling pathway. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:2513-2521 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-92a that exerts an oncogenic role by targeting PTEN/AKT pathway in OS potentially acts as a biomarker and drug-target. ..
- Chen L, Zhang Y, Wang S, Zhang Y, Huang T, Cai Y. Prediction and analysis of essential genes using the enrichments of gene ontology and KEGG pathways. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184129 pubmed publisher..We suggest that this study provides more functional and pathway information on the essential genes and provides a new way to investigate related problems. ..
- You Q, Sun G, Wang N, Chen S, Luo Q. Role of src-suppressed C kinase substrate in rat pulmonary microvascular endothelial hyperpermeability stimulated by inflammatory cytokines. Inflamm Res. 2010;59:949-58 pubmed publisher..PKC inhibitors also significantly decreased cytokine-induced hyperpermeability and SSeCKS expression. SSeCKS is involved in the endothelial hyperpermeability induced by IL-1? and TNF-? in inflammatory process. ..
- Wang X, Cheng Q, Li L, Wang J, Xia L, Xu X, et al. Toll-like receptors 2 and 4 mediate the capacity of mesenchymal stromal cells to support the proliferation and differentiation of CD34? cells. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:196-206 pubmed publisher..The increased hematopoietic proliferation and differentiation could be mediated, at least in part, by augmented hematopoiesis-related cytokine production of BM-MSCs. ..
- Wang W, Yin X, Zuo X, Cheng H, Du W, Zhang F, et al. Gene-gene interactions in IL23/Th17 pathway contribute to psoriasis susceptibility in Chinese Han population. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2013;27:1156-62 pubmed publisher..0069) in psoriasis. Our results might be helpful for explaining the missing heritability of the psoriasis due to epistasis and provide a deep insight into the important role of the IL23/Th17 pathway in the pathogenesis of psoriasis. ..
- Du J, An R, Chen L, Shen Y, Chen Y, Cheng L, et al. Toxoplasma gondii virulence factor ROP18 inhibits the host NF-?B pathway by promoting p65 degradation. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:12578-92 pubmed publisher..gondii type I strains is responsible for inhibiting the host NF-?B pathway and for suppressing proinflammatory cytokine expression, thus providing a survival advantage to the infectious agent. ..
- Xue T, Zhao L, Sun H, Zhou X, Sun B. LsrR-binding site recognition and regulatory characteristics in Escherichia coli AI-2 quorum sensing. Cell Res. 2009;19:1258-68 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, in agreement with the conclusion that phosphorylated AI-2 can relieve the repression of LsrR in previous studies, our data show that phospho-AI-2 renders LsrR unable to bind to its own promoter in vitro. ..
- Fang H, Liu A, Dahmen U, Dirsch O. Dual role of chloroquine in liver ischemia reperfusion injury: reduction of liver damage in early phase, but aggravation in late phase. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e694 pubmed publisher..This dual role of chloroquine should be considered when using chloroquine as an inhibitor of inflammation or autophagy in I/R injury. ..
- Zeng J, Dong Z, Wu H, Tian Z, Zhao Z. Redox regulation of plant stem cell fate. EMBO J. 2017;36:2844-2855 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a mechanistic framework for ROS-mediated control of plant stem cell fate and demonstrate that the balance between O2·- and H2O2 is key to stem cell maintenance and differentiation. ..
- Yang Y, Ma J, Chen Y, Wu M. Nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of receptor-interacting protein 3 (RIP3): identification of novel nuclear export and import signals in RIP3. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:38820-9 pubmed..Thus, we provide the first evidence that RIP3 acts a nucleocytoplasmic shuttling protein, which presents a possible link between death receptor signaling and nuclear apoptosis. ..
- Ding Z, Qian Y, Zhu L, Xiong Q. Promoter methylation and mRNA expression of DKK-3 and WIF-1 in hepatocellular carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:2595-601 pubmed..The aberrant promoter methylation and decreased expression of DKK-3 and WIF-1 may be an important mechanism in HCC, and may be a far-reaching significance in early diagnosis and therapy of HCC. ..