Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on repressor proteins in Hefei, Anhui Sheng, China
Locale: Hefei, Anhui Sheng, China
Topic: repressor proteins
- Liu K, Sun Y, Liu D, Ye S. Inhibition of Wnt/?-catenin signaling by IWR1 induces expression of Foxd3 to promote mouse epiblast stem cell self-renewal. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:616-622 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight an important role for Foxd3 in regulating EpiSCs and will expand current understanding of the primed pluripotency. ..
- Fang H, Yu D, Hong Y, Zhou X, Li C, Sun B. The LuxR family regulator Rv0195 modulates Mycobacterium tuberculosis dormancy and virulence. Tuberculosis (Edinb). 2013;93:425-31 pubmed publisher..These findings offer a novel insight into the mechanisms by which M. tuberculosis adapts to and recovers from dormancy and demonstrate that the dormancy regulator Rv0195 contributes to bacterial virulence. ..
- Tao Y, Wu M, Zhou X, Yin W, Hu B, de Crombrugghe B, et al. Structural insights into histone demethylase NO66 in interaction with osteoblast-specific transcription factor osterix and gene repression. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:16430-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that homo-oligomerization of JmjC domain containing proteins might play a physiological role through interactions with other regulatory factors during gene expression. ..
- Zhou L, Wang H, Wang P, Ren H, Chen D, Ying Z, et al. Ataxin-3 protects cells against H2O2-induced oxidative stress by enhancing the interaction between Bcl-X(L) and Bax. Neuroscience. 2013;243:14-21 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that ataxin-3 plays an important role in regulating the Bcl-XL-Bax-mediated anti-oxidative response by modulating the interaction between Bcl-XL and Bax. ..
- Li J, Li Z, Ruan J, Xu C, Tong Y, Pan P, et al. Structural basis for specific binding of human MPP8 chromodomain to histone H3 methylated at lysine 9. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25104 pubmed publisher..The observation of human MPP8 chromodomain in both solution and crystal lattice may provide clues to study MPP8-mediated gene regulation furthermore. ..
- Gao J, Jia W, Li J, Wang W, Xu G, Ma J, et al. Combined inhibitory effects of celecoxib and fluvastatin on the growth of human hepatocellular carcinoma xenografts in nude mice. J Int Med Res. 2010;38:1413-27 pubmed..These results suggest that celecoxib combined with fluvastatin would be more efficacious for the treatment of HCC than either treatment alone and this combination of therapy warrants further research...
- Xue T, Zhao L, Sun H, Zhou X, Sun B. LsrR-binding site recognition and regulatory characteristics in Escherichia coli AI-2 quorum sensing. Cell Res. 2009;19:1258-68 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, in agreement with the conclusion that phosphorylated AI-2 can relieve the repression of LsrR in previous studies, our data show that phospho-AI-2 renders LsrR unable to bind to its own promoter in vitro. ..
- Wu M, Tao Y, Liu X, Zang J. Structural basis for phosphorylated autoinducer-2 modulation of the oligomerization state of the global transcription regulator LsrR from Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:15878-87 pubmed publisher..Based on these observations, we propose that phosphorylated autoinducer-2 triggers the disassembly of the LsrR tetramer to activate the transcription of its target genes. ..
- Fei E, Jia N, Zhang T, Ma X, Wang H, Liu C, et al. Phosphorylation of ataxin-3 by glycogen synthase kinase 3beta at serine 256 regulates the aggregation of ataxin-3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:487-92 pubmed..The molecular chaperone Hsp70 represses the aggregation of S256A mutant. Our results imply that phosphorylation of serine 256 in ataxin-3 by GSK 3beta regulates ataxin-3 aggregation. ..
- Tang M, Wang S, Wang T, Zhao S, Wu Y, Wu L, et al. Mutational spectrum of the lacI gene in Escherichia coli K12 induced by low-energy ion beam. Mutat Res. 2006;602:163-9 pubmed
- Xia P, Wang Z, Liu X, Wu B, Wang J, Ward T, et al. EB1 acetylation by P300/CBP-associated factor (PCAF) ensures accurate kinetochore-microtubule interactions in mitosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:16564-9 pubmed publisher..These results establish a previously uncharacterized regulatory mechanism governing localization of microtubule plus-end tracking proteins and thereby the plasticity and dynamics of cells. ..
- Xie C, Wang W, Yang F, Wu M, Mei Y. RUVBL2 is a novel repressor of ARF transcription. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:435-41 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, RUVBL2 binds to the distal region of ARF promoter, thus leading to the repression of ARF transcription. These results suggest an important role of RUVBL2 in the regulation of ARF-p53 pathway. ..
- Wang H, Zhou X, Wu M, Wang C, Zhang X, Tao Y, et al. Structure of the JmjC-domain-containing protein JMJD5. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2013;69:1911-20 pubmed publisher..The interaction between JMJD5 and the core histone octamer proteins indicated that the histone proteins could be potential substrates for JMJD5. ..
- Zhu M, Wang F, Yan F, Yao P, Du J, Gao X, et al. Septin 7 interacts with centromere-associated protein E and is required for its kinetochore localization. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:18916-25 pubmed publisher..We propose that SEPT7 forms a link between kinetochore distribution of CENP-E and the mitotic spindle checkpoint. ..
- Lou Y, Yao J, Zereshki A, Dou Z, Ahmed K, Wang H, et al. NEK2A interacts with MAD1 and possibly functions as a novel integrator of the spindle checkpoint signaling. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:20049-57 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that NEK2A is a kinetochore-associated protein kinase essential for faithful chromosome segregation. We hypothesize that NEK2A links MAD2 molecular dynamics to spindle checkpoint signaling. ..
- Li G, Li H, Zhang H. Mad2 and p53 expression profiles in colorectal cancer and its clinical significance. World J Gastroenterol. 2003;9:1972-5 pubmed..05). Defect of spindle checkpoint gene Mad2 and mutation of p53 gene are involved mainly in colorectal carcinogenesis and C/N>2 is associated with prognosis of colorectal cancer. ..
- Yuan L, Tian C, Wang H, Song S, Li D, Xing G, et al. Apak competes with p53 for direct binding to intron 1 of p53AIP1 to regulate apoptosis. EMBO Rep. 2012;13:363-70 pubmed publisher..Apak competes with p53 for binding to this site to inhibit p53AIP1 expression. Upon DNA damage, Apak dissociates from the DNA, which abolishes its inhibitory effect on p53-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Ding Z, Qian Y, Zhu L, Xiong Q. Promoter methylation and mRNA expression of DKK-3 and WIF-1 in hepatocellular carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:2595-601 pubmed..The aberrant promoter methylation and decreased expression of DKK-3 and WIF-1 may be an important mechanism in HCC, and may be a far-reaching significance in early diagnosis and therapy of HCC. ..