Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Hefei, Anhui Sheng, China
Locale: Hefei, Anhui Sheng, China
Publications595 found, 100 shown here
- Zhang S, Mao G, Zhang Y, Tang G, Wen Y, Hong X, et al. Association between human atrial natriuretic peptide Val7Met polymorphism and baseline blood pressure, plasma trough irbesartan concentrations, and the antihypertensive efficacy of irbesartan in rural Chinese patients with essential hypertension. Clin Ther. 2005;27:1774-84 pubmed
- Yang S, Wang J, Gao M, Liu H, Sun L, He P, et al. Association of HLA-DQA1 and DQB1 genes with vitiligo in Chinese Hans. Int J Dermatol. 2005;44:1022-7 pubmed..There may be different genetic backgrounds between vitiligo patients of childhood and adult, localized and generalized. ..
- Shi R, Zhang J, Jiang C, Huang L. Bombyx mori pyridoxal kinase cDNA cloning and enzymatic characterization. J Genet Genomics. 2007;34:683-90 pubmed..This is the first identification of a gene encoding PLK in insects. ..
- Liu J, Wang Z, Jiang K, Zhang L, Zhao L, Hua S, et al. PRC1 cooperates with CLASP1 to organize central spindle plasticity in mitosis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:23059-71 pubmed publisher..We propose that PRC1 forms a link between stabilization of CLASP1 association with central spindle microtubules and anti-parallel microtubule elongation. ..
- Yan T, Hou B, Yang Y. Correcting for cryptic relatedness by a regression-based genomic control method. BMC Genet. 2009;10:78 pubmed publisher..Simulation results show that the proposed method is effective in controlling type I error in the presence of population substructure. ..
- Huang H, Zheng X, Tian Z, Sun R. Peptide mimicry of AICL inhibits cytolysis of NK cells by blocking NKp80-AICL recognition. Immunol Invest. 2010;39:587-97 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that P1 and P2 sequences on AICL might be considered as the potential sites of NKp80-AICL interaction. ..
- Liu Z, Li Z, Peng B. [Plasma metabonomic studies on the stable phase chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients of Fei-qi deficiency syndrome and the Chinese materia medica intervention]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2011;31:1619-26 pubmed..The intervention of the stable phase COPD patients of FQDS by Chinese medicine could brought positive changes in the metabolic profiling and amino acid metabolism. ..
- Sun C, Fu B, Gao Y, Liao X, Sun R, Tian Z, et al. TGF-?1 down-regulation of NKG2D/DAP10 and 2B4/SAP expression on human NK cells contributes to HBV persistence. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002594 pubmed publisher..We conclude that TGF-?1 may reduce the expression of NKG2D/DAP10 and 2B4/SAP, and those IT patients who are deficient in these double-activating signals have impaired NK cell function, which is correlated with persistent HBV infection. ..
- Zeng Z, Duan Z, Zhang T, Wang S, Li G, Mei Y, et al. Association of FCRL4 polymorphisms on disease susceptibility and severity of ankylosing spondylitis in Chinese Han population. Clin Rheumatol. 2012;31:1449-54 pubmed publisher..73 ± 2.43 vs 3.15 ± 1.61, p = 0.003) and CT genotype (4.73 ± 2.43 vs 2.97 ± 1.71, p = 0.001). The FCRL4 polymorphisms may play an important role in the susceptibility and severity of AS in the Chinese Han population. ..
- Huang M, Sun R, Wei H, Tian Z. Simultaneous knockdown of multiple ligands of innate receptor NKG2D prevents natural killer cell-mediated fulminant hepatitis in mice. Hepatology. 2013;57:277-88 pubmed publisher..Simultaneous knockdown of multiple ligands of NKG2D prevents NK cell-mediated fulminant hepatitis and is a potential therapeutic approach to treat liver diseases. ..
- Wang F, Sun G, Zou Y, Hao J, Zhong F, Ren W. MicroRNAs as promising biomarkers for gastric cancer. Cancer Biomark. 2012;11:259-67 pubmed publisher..Although there are still many challenges in the research field of tumor-related miRNAs, the small molecules will definitely improve the clinical management of GC in the future. ..
- Zhou L, Wang H, Wang P, Ren H, Chen D, Ying Z, et al. Ataxin-3 protects cells against H2O2-induced oxidative stress by enhancing the interaction between Bcl-X(L) and Bax. Neuroscience. 2013;243:14-21 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that ataxin-3 plays an important role in regulating the Bcl-XL-Bax-mediated anti-oxidative response by modulating the interaction between Bcl-XL and Bax. ..
- Sun X, He Y, Huang C, Ma T, Li J. The epigenetic feedback loop between DNA methylation and microRNAs in fibrotic disease with an emphasis on DNA methyltransferases. Cell Signal. 2013;25:1870-6 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize the current knowledge of a potential link between microRNA expression and DNA methylation on how DNMTs work in the process of fibrogenesis. ..
- Deng Y, Yoshida K, Jin Q, Murata M, Yamaguchi T, Tsuneyama K, et al. Reversible phospho-Smad3 signalling between tumour suppression and fibrocarcinogenesis in chronic hepatitis B infection. Clin Exp Immunol. 2014;176:102-11 pubmed publisher..Oral nucleoside analogue therapies can suppress fibrosis and reduce HCC incidence by successfully reversing phosphorylated Smad3 signalling; even liver disease progressed to cirrhosis in chronic hepatitis B patients. ..
- Zhao Z, Martin C, Fan R, Bourne P, Xie L. Drug repurposing to target Ebola virus replication and virulence using structural systems pharmacology. BMC Bioinformatics. 2016;17:90 pubmed publisher..Further in vitro and in vivo testing to evaluate the anti-Ebola activity of these drugs is warranted. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhang L, Huang X, Duan Y, Yang L, Wang J. Association between cigarette smoking and impaired clinical symptoms in systemic sclerosis: A review. Cell Immunol. 2017;318:1-7 pubmed publisher..This paper will review current evidence on the association between smoking and SSc and summarize potential mechanisms. ..
- Wang H, Chen X, Luo L, Lou Z, Wang S, Chen J, et al. Reparatory effects of nicotine on NMDA receptor-mediated synaptic plasticity in the hippocampal CA1 region of chronically lead-exposed rats. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;23:1111-9 pubmed..This may represent the cellular basis of nicotine-facilitated cognitive enhancement observed in chronically lead-exposed rats...
- Zhou D, Sun J, Zhao W, Zhang X, Shi Y, Teng M, et al. Expression, purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray characterization of the GRP carbohydrate-recognition domain from Homo sapiens. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2006;62:474-6 pubmed..07, b = 96.67, c = 61.56 angstroms, beta = 118.72 degrees. The estimated Matthews coefficient was 2.6 angstroms3 Da(-1), corresponding to 51.8% solvent content. ..
- Wang P, Gao M, Lin G, Yang S, Lin D, Liang Y, et al. Genetic heterogeneity in acrokeratosis verruciformis of Hopf. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2006;31:558-63 pubmed..Our findings provide evidence for the genetic heterogeneity of AKV and demonstrate that mutations in genes other than ATP2A2 are responsible for AKV in a proportion of the Chinese population. ..
- Zhang F, Ding Q, Wu J, Zhou R, Wang X, Xu X. [A novel mutation in antithrombin gene results in hereditary antithrombin deficiency]. Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2006;27:598-601 pubmed..This heterozygous nonsense mutation of T9833A in exon 5 resulting in venous thrombosis is a novel genetic defect of hereditary AT deficiency, which has not been described before. ..
- Xue Y, Ren J, Gao X, Jin C, Wen L, Yao X. GPS 2.0, a tool to predict kinase-specific phosphorylation sites in hierarchy. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2008;7:1598-608 pubmed publisher..Thus, the GPS 2.0 is a useful tool for predicting protein phosphorylation sites and their cognate kinases and is freely available on line. ..
- Huang Z, Fu B, Zheng S, Li X, Sun R, Tian Z, et al. Involvement of CD226+ NK cells in immunopathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus. J Immunol. 2011;186:3421-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that, before apoptosis, activated NK cells can infiltrate tissues and, to some extent, mediate tissue injury by producing cytotoxic granules and immunoregulatory cytokines. ..
- Wang H, Li H, Shi H, Liu Y, Liu H, Zhao H, et al. Preliminary crystallographic analysis of the RNA-binding domain of HuR and its poly(U)-binding properties. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2011;67:546-50 pubmed publisher..2, b = 133.1, c = 31.4 Å. X-ray diffraction data were collected to a resolution of 2.8 Å. Mutagenesis analysis and SPR assays revealed its poly(U)-binding properties. ..
- Wu J, Jin Z, Yang J, Liu Y, Duan M. Extracranial and intracranial complications of otitis media: 22-year clinical experience and analysis. Acta Otolaryngol. 2012;132:261-5 pubmed publisher..In all, 267 patients were cured or improved without recurrence. Five patients died from complications, of whom four died of cerebral hernia and one died of multiple abscesses. ..
- Shen S, Xia J, Wang J. Nanomedicine-mediated cancer stem cell therapy. Biomaterials. 2016;74:1-18 pubmed publisher..A perspective on innovative therapeutic strategies and the potential direction of nanomedicine-based CSC therapy in the near future is also presented. ..
- Wang F, Jin R, Zou B, Li L, Cheng F, Luo X, et al. Activation of Toll-like receptor 7 regulates the expression of IFN-?1, p53, PTEN, VEGF, TIMP-1 and MMP-9 in pancreatic cancer cells. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:1807-12 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that the effect of TLR7 agonists, including gardiquimod, on gene expression in BxPC-3 pancreatic cancer cells was partly associated with the mitogen-activated protein kinase-ERK1/2 signaling pathway. ..
- Yuan X, Xu J, Fang W, Zhao Z, Wang F, Tong Z. The Association Between MGMT Promoter Methylation and Patients with Gastric Cancer: A Meta-Analysis. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2017;21:213-221 pubmed publisher..17-5.95, p?<?0.001; respectively). Our findings provide evidence that MGMT promoter methylation could play an important role in gastric carcinogenesis and may serve as an important biomarker for gastric cancer progression. ..
- Zhou H, Xu Y, Yang Y, Huang A, Wu J, Shi Y. Solution structure of AF-6 PDZ domain and its interaction with the C-terminal peptides from Neurexin and Bcr. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:13841-7 pubmed..Unlike the canonical class II PDZ domain, Ala74 at alphaB5 rather than the residue at alphaB1 makes direct hydrophobic contact with the side chain of Tyr at the -2 position of the ligand. ..
- Jin C, Zhang Y, Zhu H, Ahmed K, Fu C, Yao X. Human Yip1A specifies the localization of Yif1 to the Golgi apparatus. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;334:16-22 pubmed..Therefore, we conclude that human Yip1A interacts with and determines the localization of HsYif1 to the Golgi apparatus. ..
- Peng W, Zhang J, Wang B, Pan H, Lu M, Wang J. Prognostic value of matrix metalloproteinase 9 expression in patients with non-small cell lung cancer. Clin Chim Acta. 2012;413:1121-6 pubmed publisher..Sensitivity analyses suggested that the summary statistics obtained should approximate the actual average. High MMP-9 expression is associated with a poor prognosis in patients with NSCLC. ..
- Xie Q, Wang S, Bian G, Zhan F, Xie J, Li J. Association of MIF-173G/C and MBL2 codon 54 gene polymorphisms with rheumatoid arthritis: a meta-analysis. Hum Immunol. 2012;73:966-71 pubmed publisher..50, 95CI: 1.01-2.23, P=0.007). In conclusion, the present study suggests that the MIF-173G/C polymorphism is associated with RA susceptibility, but the MBL2 codon 54 polymorphism is not associated with RA. ..
- Ni F, Sun R, Fu B, Wang F, Guo C, Tian Z, et al. IGF-1 promotes the development and cytotoxic activity of human NK cells. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1479 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that IGF-1 and miR-483-3p belong to a new class of natural killer cell functional modulators and strengthen the prominent role of IGF-1 in innate immunity. ..
- Zhang L, Shao H, Zhu T, Xia P, Wang Z, Liu L, et al. DDA3 associates with microtubule plus ends and orchestrates microtubule dynamics and directional cell migration. Sci Rep. 2013;3:1681 pubmed publisher..Thus, the EB1-based function of DDA3 links MT dynamics to directional cell migration. ..
- Jiang S, Chen Q, Venners S, Zhong G, Hsu Y, Xing H, et al. Effect of simvastatin on plasma homocysteine levels and its modification by MTHFR C677T polymorphism in Chinese patients with primary hyperlipidemia. Cardiovasc Ther. 2013;31:e27-33 pubmed publisher..002) among patients with BMI ? 25 (kg/m(2) ). Simvastatin can cause a marked decrease in plasma Hcy levels. MTHFR C677T genetic variant contributes to simvastatin's effects among Chinese subjects with primary hyperlipidemia. ..
- Gao Y, Lin F, Xu P, Nie J, Chen Z, Su J, et al. USP22 is a positive regulator of NFATc2 on promoting IL2 expression. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:878-83 pubmed publisher..Our findings thus unveil a previously uncharacterized positive regulator of NFATc2, suggesting that targeting the deubiquitinase activity of USP22 could have therapeutic benefit to control IL2 expression and T cell function. ..
- Zhang S, Sun W, Wu J, Gu Y, Wei W. Decreased expression of the type III TGF-Î² receptor enhances metastasis and invasion in hepatocellullar carcinoma progression. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:2373-81 pubmed publisher..All the results suggest that TÎ²RIII is a novel suppressor of HCC progression. ..
- Cao G, Chen B, Xiong M. Role of metastasis-associated protein 1 in prognosis of patients with digestive tract cancers: A meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176431 pubmed publisher..MTA1 expression is strongly correlated with metastasis-related variables, and represents a promising prognostic factor in DTC. ..
- Lu Y, Zeng M, Swaab D, Ravid R, Zhou J. Colocalization and alteration of estrogen receptor-alpha and -beta in the hippocampus in Alzheimer's disease. Hum Pathol. 2004;35:275-80 pubmed..0% +/- 0.7% and 3.9% +/- 0.6%, respectively; P<0.001), suggesting that changes in the compartmentalization of these receptors could play a role in the pathogenesis of AD. ..
- Zhang Q, Yang W, Man N, Zheng F, Shen Y, Sun K, et al. Autophagy-mediated chemosensitization in cancer cells by fullerene C60 nanocrystal. Autophagy. 2009;5:1107-17 pubmed..Our results revealed a novel biological function for Nano-C60 in enhancing the cytotoxic action of chemotherapeutic agents through autophagy modulation and may point to the potential application of Nano-C60 in adjunct chemotherapy. ..
- Man N, Chen Y, Zheng F, Zhou W, Wen L. Induction of genuine autophagy by cationic lipids in mammalian cells. Autophagy. 2010;6:449-54 pubmed publisher..Moreover, cationic lipids induced autophagy in an mTOR-independent manner. ..
- Huang Q, Wang C, Qiu L, Shao F, Yu J. The association between IGF1 CA repeat polymorphisms and breast cancer risk: a meta-analysis. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2011;129:191-4 pubmed publisher..non-CA17: OR = 1.165 95% CI 0.634-2.141; CA20 vs. non-CA20: OR = 1.019 95% CI 0.909-1.143). In conclusion, the current meta-analysis suggests that three IGF-I (CA) repeat polymorphisms had no association to breast cancer risk. ..
- Han C, Jin L, Mei Y, Wu M. Endoplasmic reticulum stress inhibits cell cycle progression via induction of p27 in melanoma cells. Cell Signal. 2013;25:144-9 pubmed publisher..More importantly, knockdown of p27 greatly reduces TM-induced G1 cell cycle arrest. Taken together, these data implicate p27 as a critical mediator of ER stress-induced growth arrest. ..
- Ma Y, Qin X, Chen R, Li N, Chen R, Hu Z. Impact of individual-level social capital on quality of life among AIDS patients in China. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48888 pubmed publisher..Social capital development policy may be worthy of consideration. ..
- Tao Y, Wu M, Zhou X, Yin W, Hu B, de Crombrugghe B, et al. Structural insights into histone demethylase NO66 in interaction with osteoblast-specific transcription factor osterix and gene repression. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:16430-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that homo-oligomerization of JmjC domain containing proteins might play a physiological role through interactions with other regulatory factors during gene expression. ..
- Jiang S, Venners S, Hsu Y, Weinstock J, Wang B, Xing H, et al. Interactive Effect of the KCNJ11 Ile337Val Polymorphism and Cigarette Smoking on the Antihypertensive Response to Irbesartan in Chinese Hypertensive Patients. Am J Hypertens. 2016;29:553-9 pubmed publisher..001). The interactive effect of smoking status and the KCNJ11 genotype may influence the antihypertensive effects of irbesartan, which indicates a consideration for future individualized antihypertensive drug treatment. ..
- Jin H, Zhang S, Dai P, Xie M, Liu Y. [A comprehensive evaluation on psychological quality among automobile drivers]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2000;21:369-71 pubmed..99%; kappa = 0.85). Results showed that the comprehensive equations for evaluation were reasonable and feasible for detecting the potential accident-proneness drivers. ..
- Li G, Li H, Zhang H. Mad2 and p53 expression profiles in colorectal cancer and its clinical significance. World J Gastroenterol. 2003;9:1972-5 pubmed..05). Defect of spindle checkpoint gene Mad2 and mutation of p53 gene are involved mainly in colorectal carcinogenesis and C/N>2 is associated with prognosis of colorectal cancer. ..
- Ding H, Xu Y, Chen Q, Dai H, Tang Y, Wu J, et al. Solution structure of human SUMO-3 C47S and its binding surface for Ubc9. Biochemistry. 2005;44:2790-9 pubmed..This work indicates dissimilarities between SUMO-3 and SUMO-1 in tertiary structure and provides insight into the specific interactions of SUMO-3 with its modifying enzyme. ..
- Xi C, Fu X, Wang K, Niu C, Lee T, Meng Y, et al. [Deficit in risk-taking decision-making of patients with lesions of prefrontal cortex]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2006;86:3169-72 pubmed..e. an inhibition effect of punishment, reduced sensitivity to punishment but increased sensitivity to reward. The orbitofrontal areas play an important role in risk-taking decision-making processes. ..
- Chen R, Hu Z, Wei L, Qin X, Copeland J. Is the relationship between syndromes of depression and dementia temporal? The MRC-ALPHA and Hefei-China studies. Psychol Med. 2009;39:425-30 pubmed publisher..The lack of an obvious dose-response relationship between baseline depressive syndromes and follow-up dementia syndromes suggests that the causal relationship between depression and dementia needs further investigation. ..
- Wu Y, Yin G, Fu K, Wu D, Zhai Q, Du H, et al. Gene diagnosis for nine Chinese patients with DMD/BMD by multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification and prenatal diagnosis for one of them. J Clin Lab Anal. 2009;23:380-6 pubmed publisher..Combined with STR genotyping and X-linkage analysis, MLPA is a convenient, highly effective and reliable gene diagnosis technique for congenital genetic disease. ..
- Liao S, Wang T, Fan K, Tu X. The small ubiquitin-like modifier (SUMO) is essential in cell cycle regulation in Trypanosoma brucei. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:704-15 pubmed publisher..All these accumulated data imply that a SUMO system essential for regulating cell cycle progression might exist in the procyclic-form T. brucei. ..
- Zhu P, Tao F, Jiang X, Hao J, Wang Y, Xu Y. [Effect of intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy on the functions of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical axis and adrenal cortex in normal neonates]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2010;12:5-8 pubmed..To study the effect of intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy (ICP) on the functions of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical (HPA) axis and adrenal cortex in normal neonates...
- Xiong Z, Li J, Li T, Shen J, Hu F, Wang M. Prevalence of plasmid-mediated quinolone-resistance determinants in Shigella flexneri isolates from Anhui Province, China. J Antibiot (Tokyo). 2010;63:187-9 pubmed publisher..These isolates were resistant to nalidixic acid and 57.1% (8 of 14) of them were resistant to ciprofloxacin and levofloxacin. Our data show that there was a high prevalence of PMQR determinants in S. flexneri isolates from China. ..
- Yin Y, Cao L, Wu W, Li H, Jiang Y, Zhang H. Blocking effects of siRNA on VEGF expression in human colorectal cancer cells. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:1086-92 pubmed..siRNA silencing of the VEGF gene suppresses proliferation, and induces apoptosis in HCT116 cells. The results suggest that VEGF may be a new gene therapy target for colorectal cancer. ..
- Ren H, Fu K, Mu C, Li B, Wang D, Wang G. DJ-1, a cancer and Parkinson's disease associated protein, regulates autophagy through JNK pathway in cancer cells. Cancer Lett. 2010;297:101-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that DJ-1 regulates autophagy in a JNK-dependent manner. Thus, the involvement of DJ-1 in autophagy regulation may be involved in tumorigenesis. ..
- Gao P, Sun L, He X, Cao Y, Zhang H. MicroRNAs and the Warburg Effect: new players in an old arena. Curr Gene Ther. 2012;12:285-91 pubmed..In this review, we will summarize our current understanding of the roles of microRNAs, in particular their interplay with oncogenes/tumor suppressors such as cMyc, HIF-1 and P53, in tumor metabolism. ..
- Wang F, Sun G, Zou Y, Li Y, Hao L, Pan F. Association of microRNA-499 rs3746444 polymorphism with cancer risk: evidence from 7188 cases and 8548 controls. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45042 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis suggests a significant association between miR-499 rs3746444 polymorphism and cancer risk. Large-scale and well-designed case-control studies are necessary to validate the risk identified in the present meta-analysis. ..
- Tian Z, Chen Y, Gao B. Natural killer cells in liver disease. Hepatology. 2013;57:1654-62 pubmed publisher..The characterization of intrahepatic NK cell functions has not only helped us to better understand the pathogenesis of liver disease, but has also revealed new therapeutic targets for managing this disease. ..
- Huang F, Wu D, Ma G, Yin Z, Wang Q. The use of tranexamic acid to reduce blood loss and transfusion in major orthopedic surgery: a meta-analysis. J Surg Res. 2014;186:318-27 pubmed publisher..11; 95% CI, 0.69-1.79). TXA significantly reduced blood loss and blood transfusion requirements in patients undergoing orthopedic surgery, and did not appear to increase the risk of DVT. ..
- Zhao F, Bi L, Wang W, Wu X, Li Y, Gong F, et al. Mutations of glucocerebrosidase gene and susceptibility to Parkinson's disease: An updated meta-analysis in a European population. Neuroscience. 2016;320:239-46 pubmed publisher..Patients with early-onset were more likely to carry GBA mutations than those with late-onset. Moreover, both L444P and N370S were associated with increased PD risk. ..
- Chen Y, Wang B, Yu X. Correlation between the 677C>T polymorphism in the methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase gene and serum homocysteine levels in coronary heart disease. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..Taken together, this suggests that serum HCY levels and MTHFR C677T genotypes are correlated with CHD. ..
- Lou Y, Yao J, Zereshki A, Dou Z, Ahmed K, Wang H, et al. NEK2A interacts with MAD1 and possibly functions as a novel integrator of the spindle checkpoint signaling. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:20049-57 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that NEK2A is a kinetochore-associated protein kinase essential for faithful chromosome segregation. We hypothesize that NEK2A links MAD2 molecular dynamics to spindle checkpoint signaling. ..
- Wang H, Hu X, Ding X, Dou Z, Yang Z, Shaw A, et al. Human Zwint-1 specifies localization of Zeste White 10 to kinetochores and is essential for mitotic checkpoint signaling. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:54590-8 pubmed..As ZW10 and Zwint-1 are absent from yeast, we reasoned that metazoans evolved an elaborate spindle checkpoint machinery to ensure faithful chromosome segregation in mitosis. ..
- Jiang P, Du W, Heese K, Wu M. The Bad guy cooperates with good cop p53: Bad is transcriptionally up-regulated by p53 and forms a Bad/p53 complex at the mitochondria to induce apoptosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:9071-82 pubmed..Hence, our collective data provide the first evidence that Bad plays dual roles in both p53 transcription-dependent and -independent pathways. ..
- Zheng X, Wang Y, Wei H, Ling B, Sun R, Tian Z. Bcl-xL is associated with the anti-apoptotic effect of IL-15 on the survival of CD56(dim) natural killer cells. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:2559-69 pubmed publisher..So IL-15 played a crucial role in sustaining long-lasting functions of CD56(dim) NK cells. ..
- Zhang S, Luo X, Yang S, Liu J, Yang C, Yin X, et al. Autoinhibition of IL-15 expression in KC cells is ERK1/2 and PI3K dependent. Scand J Immunol. 2008;68:397-404 pubmed publisher..Mechanistic studies demonstrated that the auto-regulation of IL-15 expression was dependent on activity of ERK1/2 and PI3K. Our studies suggest that there is an auto-inhibitory mechanism controlling cellular IL-15 levels. ..
- Wang X, Fan H, Ying Z, Li B, Wang H, Wang G. Degradation of TDP-43 and its pathogenic form by autophagy and the ubiquitin-proteasome system. Neurosci Lett. 2010;469:112-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data suggest that TDP-43 and TDP-25 are degraded by both proteasome and autophagy with TDP-25 being more regulated. ..
- Zhong Z, Zhou H, Li X, Luo Q, Song X, Wang W, et al. Serological proteome-oriented screening and application of antigens for the diagnosis of Schistosomiasis japonica. Acta Trop. 2010;116:1-8 pubmed publisher..japonica, and 2-DE based screening followed by LC/MS-MS has promising potential in the screening of candidate antigens for the diagnosis of schistosomiasis. ..
- Hu D, Ren Y, Zhu K, Lv Y, Cheng H, Zhang Z, et al. Comparisons of clinical features of HLA-DRB1*07 positive and negative vitiligo patients in Chinese Han population. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2011;25:1299-303 pubmed publisher..The DRB1*07 showed significant association with vitiligo in the study population. This study confirmed that DRB1*07 positive patients had some obvious clinical differences from DRB1*07 negative patients in the Chinese Han population. ..
- Chen Y, Sun R. Toll-like receptors in acute liver injury and regeneration. Int Immunopharmacol. 2011;11:1433-41 pubmed publisher..Further, recent advances in the roles of TLRs in acute liver injury and regeneration as mediator and regulator, and their potential therapeutic targets are discussed. ..
- Li F, Zhu H, Sun R, Wei H, Tian Z. Natural killer cells are involved in acute lung immune injury caused by respiratory syncytial virus infection. J Virol. 2012;86:2251-8 pubmed publisher..These data show that NK cells are involved in exacerbating the lung immune injury at the early stage of RSV infection via IFN-? secretion. ..
- Shen Y, Sun A, Fang S, Feng L, Li Q, Hou H, et al. Hrd1 facilitates tau degradation and promotes neuron survival. Curr Mol Med. 2012;12:138-52 pubmed..These results indicated that Hrd1 functions as an E3 targeting tau or abnormal p-tau for proteasome degradation. The study provides an important insight into the molecular mechanisms of human tauopathies. ..
- Tao Y, Li X, Liu Y, Ruan J, Qi S, Niu L, et al. Structural analysis of Shu proteins reveals a DNA binding role essential for resisting damage. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:20231-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide good foundations for the understanding of the Srs2 regulation by the Shu complex. ..
- Pei B, Xu S, Liu T, Pan F, Xu J, Ding C. Associations of the IL-1F7 gene polymorphisms with rheumatoid arthritis in Chinese Han population. Int J Immunogenet. 2013;40:199-203 pubmed publisher..Patients carrying A allele had less severe disease activity than those not carrying this allele, suggesting that the A allele of IL-1F7 gene (rs3811047) may have a protective effect on RA. ..
- Cheng Y, Yan S, Zhao W, Huang Q, Lian L, Wei W. The effect of BLyS on the activity of peripheral B lymphocytes mediated by BLyS receptors in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2013;73:141-7 pubmed publisher..The significant up-regulation of BLyS and its receptors, especially TACI may serve as a target for the treatment of SLE. ..
- Chen Z, Ma T, Huang C, Zhang L, Xu T, Hu T, et al. MicroRNA-148a: a potential therapeutic target for cancer. Gene. 2014;533:456-7 pubmed publisher..MicroRNA-148a (miR-148a) which suppresses tumor growth by directly decreasing DNMT1 expression has been demonstrated as an important role for cancer therapy. The mechanisms for miR-148a in cancer will become potential future researches. ..
- Chang Y, Sheng Y, Cheng Y, Lin Y, Zhu Z, Wen L, et al. Downregulated expression of LBH mRNA in peripheral blood mononuclear cells from patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. J Dermatol. 2016;43:99-102 pubmed publisher..001). No significant differences were found between LBH mRNA expression levels and SLEDAI scores, SNP rs7579944 and rs906868. This study suggests that decreased expression of LBH mRNA may be correlated with the pathogenesis of SLE. ..
- Wang F, Huang G, Tian H, Zhong Y, Shi H, Li Z, et al. Point mutations in KAL1 and the mitochondrial gene MT-tRNA(cys) synergize to produce Kallmann syndrome phenotype. Sci Rep. 2015;5:13050 pubmed publisher..Our work highlights a new mode of inheritance underlay the genetic etiology of KS and provide valuable clues to understand the disease development. ..
- Luo J, He F, Wang Z, Sun N, Wang L, Tang G, et al. SLCO1B1 Variants and Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitor (Enalapril)-Induced Cough: a Pharmacogenetic Study. Sci Rep. 2015;5:17253 pubmed publisher..Our study highlights, for the first time, SLCO1B1 variants are strongly associated with an increased risk of enalapril-induced cough. The findings will be useful to provide pharmacogenetic markers for enalapril treatment. ..
- Yang X, Wang M, Zhang X, Li X, Cai G, Xia Q, et al. Diagnostic accuracy of anti-RA33 antibody for rheumatoid arthritis: systematic review and meta-analysis. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2016;34:539-47 pubmed..To verify this conclusion, more prospective research on the diagnostic value of anti-RA33 antibody for rheumatoid arthritis are needed in the future. ..
- Zhai Y, Xu K, Huang F, Peng H, Feng C, Zhu K, et al. Association of interleukin 23 receptor gene polymorphisms (rs10489629, rs7517847) with rheumatoid arthritis in European population: a meta-analysis. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:8987-94 pubmed publisher..283) and 1.133 (1.030-1.246), respectively. In conclusion, this meta-analysis demonstrates that the polymorphisms rs10489629 and rs7517847 of the IL-23R gene may be considered as risk factors for developing RA in European population. ..
- Zhu H, Guo H, Hou H, Liu Y, Sheng S, Zhou J. Increased expression of the Nogo receptor in the hippocampus and its relation to the neuropathology in Alzheimer's disease. Hum Pathol. 2007;38:426-34 pubmed..These results suggest that NgR may be related to the formation of tangles in AD. ..
- Sun L, Xiao F, Li Y, Zhou W, Tang H, Tang X, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies two new susceptibility loci for atopic dermatitis in the Chinese Han population. Nat Genet. 2011;43:690-4 pubmed publisher..87 × 10(-5), OR = 1.25). Our study identifies new genetic susceptibility factors and suggests previously unidentified biological pathways in atopic dermatitis. ..
- Liu J, Wang B, Wei Z, Zhou P, Zu Y, Zhou S, et al. Mutational analysis of human bone morphogenetic protein 15 in Chinese women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Metabolism. 2011;60:1511-4 pubmed publisher..34C>G, c.109G>C, c.169C>G, c.288G>C, and c.598C>T. These results are the first to indicate that BMP15 gene mutations may be potentially associated with PCOS patients. ..
- Liu L, Liu C, Zhong Y, Apostolou A, Fang S. ER stress response during the differentiation of H9 cells induced by retinoic acid. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;417:738-43 pubmed publisher..In H9 cells treated with RA for 29 days, GRP78/Bip, XBP-1 and Bcl2 were all upregulated. These results suggest that ER stress is involved in H9 cell differentiation induced by RA. ..
- Li S, Wandel M, Li F, Liu Z, He C, Wu J, et al. Sterical hindrance promotes selectivity of the autophagy cargo receptor NDP52 for the danger receptor galectin-8 in antibacterial autophagy. Sci Signal. 2013;6:ra9 pubmed publisher..We solved the crystal structure of the NDP52-galectin-8 complex to show how NDP52 exclusively binds galectin-8 and, consequently, why other galectins do not restrict the growth of Salmonella in human cells. ..
- Yang Q, Hua J, Wang L, Xu B, Zhang H, Ye N, et al. MicroRNA and piRNA profiles in normal human testis detected by next generation sequencing. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66809 pubmed publisher..However, there are no published studies of miRNA profiles in human testis using next generation sequencing (NGS) technology...