Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Hefei, Anhui Sheng, China
Locale: Hefei, Anhui Sheng, China
Publications372 found, 100 shown here
- Tai S, Sun Y, Liu N, Ding B, Hsia E, Bhuta S, et al. Combination of Rad001 (everolimus) and propachlor synergistically induces apoptosis through enhanced autophagy in prostate cancer cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2012;11:1320-31 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a novel direction to develop combination therapies for advanced and metastatic prostate cancer that has failed the currently available therapies. ..
- Chen F, Pan L, Chao W, Dai Y, Yu W. Character of chicken polymorphic major histocompatibility complex class II alleles of 3 Chinese local breeds. Poult Sci. 2012;91:1097-104 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the chicken B-L gene showed more polymorphic sites and distinctly dominant trans-breed alleles, potentially to adapt to pathogens. ..
- Wang Y, Dai M, Zhong J, Yin D. Paeonol inhibits oxidized low density lipoprotein-induced monocyte adhesion to vascular endothelial cells by inhibiting the mitogen activated protein kinase pathway. Biol Pharm Bull. 2012;35:767-72 pubmed..These results indicate that paeonol has potential protective effects on the development of atherosclerosis. ..
- Li Q, Sun X, Li Z, Liu Y, Vavricka C, Qi J, et al. Structural and functional characterization of neuraminidase-like molecule N10 derived from bat influenza A virus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:18897-902 pubmed publisher..Our study of influenza N10 provides insight into the structure and function of the sialidase superfamily and sheds light on the molecular mechanism of bat influenza virus infection. ..
- Wu Y, Fang Z, Zheng S, Wu Y, Wang Z, Lu M. [Effect of danzhi jiangtang capsule combined exercise on the protein expression of NADPH oxidase p22phox in pancreatic tissues of diabetic rats]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2013;33:641-5 pubmed..05). Exercise, DJC, and exercise combined DJC could protect islet beta cells by decreasing the expression of NADPH oxidase in beta cells and reducing sources of oxidative stress. ..
- Cai Y, Chen H, Jin L, You Y, Shen J. STAT3-dependent transactivation of miRNA genes following Toxoplasma gondii infection in macrophage. Parasit Vectors. 2013;6:356 pubmed publisher..gondii has elaborate mechanisms to counteract host-cell apoptosis in order to maintain survival and breed in the host cells...
- Wang Q, Xia X, Deng X, Li N, Wu D, Zhang L, et al. Lambda-cyhalothrin disrupts the up-regulation effect of 17Î²-estradiol on post-synaptic density 95 protein expression via estrogen receptor Î±-dependent Akt pathway. J Environ Sci (China). 2016;41:252-260 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrated that LCT could increase the PSD95 protein level via the ERÎ±-dependent Akt pathway, and LCT might disrupt the up-regulation effect of E2 on PSD95 protein expression via this signaling pathway. ..
- Tao H, Yang J, Shi K, Li J. Epigenetic factors MeCP2 and HDAC6 control Î±-tubulin acetylation in cardiac fibroblast proliferation and fibrosis. Inflamm Res. 2016;65:415-26 pubmed publisher..This study indicated that MeCP2 could be a potentially new therapeutic option for cardiac fibrosis. ..
- Zhong D, Yu W, Bao M, Xu Z, Li L, Liu J. Molecular cloning and mRNA expression of duck invariant chain. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2006;110:293-302 pubmed..These findings indicate that the two isoforms of duck Ii, which strongly expressed in the major immune organs, share structural identity with human Ii. ..
- Wang W, Xu T. Chloride homeostasis differentially affects GABA(A) receptor- and glycine receptor-mediated effects on spontaneous circuit activity in hippocampal cell culture. Neurosci Lett. 2006;406:11-6 pubmed..Our findings suggest that KCC2-dependent chloride homeostasis is mainly involved in GABA(A)R-mediated synaptic inhibition whereas GlyR-mediated tonic action plays a totally different role in regulating hippocampal circuit activity. ..
- Zhou R, Wei H, Tian Z. NK3-like NK cells are involved in protective effect of polyinosinic-polycytidylic acid on type 1 diabetes in nonobese diabetic mice. J Immunol. 2007;178:2141-7 pubmed..Therefore, NK cells mediate the protective effect of poly(I:C) possibly through the promotion of Th2 bias of immune responses. These findings suggest that NK cells can participate in the regulation of autoimmune diabetes. ..
- Hou X, Zhou R, Wei H, Sun R, Tian Z. NKG2D-retinoic acid early inducible-1 recognition between natural killer cells and Kupffer cells in a novel murine natural killer cell-dependent fulminant hepatitis. Hepatology. 2009;49:940-9 pubmed publisher..These results provide the first in vivo evidence that NKG2D/ligand interaction is involved in the synergic effects of NK cells and Kupffer cells on acute liver injury. ..
- Wang W, Xu G, Jia W, Wang Z, Li J, Ma J, et al. [Prevention of hepatic tumor growth and metastasis in rats with rapamycin]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2009;17:193-7 pubmed..To test the effect of rapamycin (RAPA) on hepatic tumor growth and metastasis in Sprague-Dawley (SD) rat model and explore the possible mechanism...
- Ni B, Rittmann B, Yu H. Modeling predation processes in activated sludge. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2010;105:1021-30 pubmed publisher..First, the model and calibrated parameters accurately simulate the independent results when predators are present. Second, eliminating predation by high salinity significantly lowers the OUR, and this is captured by the model. ..
- Chen L, Xing T, Wang M, Miao Y, Tang M, Chen J, et al. Local infusion of ghrelin enhanced hippocampal synaptic plasticity and spatial memory through activation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase in the dentate gyrus of adult rats. Eur J Neurosci. 2011;33:266-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that the ghrelin signaling pathway could have therapeutic value in cognitive deficits. ..
- Zhang J, Chen Z, Yao H. Protective effect of urantide against ischemia-reperfusion injury via protein kinase C and phosphtidylinositol 3'-kinase - Akt pathway. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2012;90:637-45 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results demonstrate that urantide has a potent protective effect against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats that may be involved with the PKC and PI3K-Akt signaling pathways. ..
- Xia D, Li J, Garber P, Sun L, Zhu Y, Sun B. Grooming reciprocity in female tibetan macaques macaca thibetana. Am J Primatol. 2012;74:569-79 pubmed publisher..Our results support the contention that both grooming reciprocity and the interchange of grooming for tolerance represent important social tactics used by female Tibetan macaques...
- Lv L, Zhang T, Yi Q, Huang Y, Wang Z, Hou H, et al. Tetraploid cells from cytokinesis failure induce aneuploidy and spontaneous transformation of mouse ovarian surface epithelial cells. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:2864-75 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we reveal a pathway for the evolution of diploid to aneuploid MOSECs and elucidate a mechanism for the development of near-tetraploid ovarian cancer cells. ..
- Zha Y, Yang B, Tang M, Guo Q, Chen J, Wen L, et al. Concentration-dependent effects of fullerenol on cultured hippocampal neuron viability. Int J Nanomedicine. 2012;7:3099-109 pubmed publisher..This study investigated the effects of different concentrations of fullerenol on cultured rat hippocampal neurons...
- Gao F, Chen D, Hu Q, Wang G. Rotenone directly induces BV2 cell activation via the p38 MAPK pathway. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72046 pubmed publisher..Removal of these ROS abrogated the activation of the microglia. Therefore, our data suggest that the environmental toxin rotenone can directly activate microglia through the p38 MAPK pathway. ..
- Li R, Cai L, Tang W, Lei C, Hu C, Yu F. Apoptotic Effect of Geniposide on Fibroblast-Like Synoviocytes in Rats with Adjuvant-Induced Arthritis via Inhibiting ERK Signal Pathway In Vitro. Inflammation. 2016;39:30-38 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, geniposide effectively induces AIA FLS apoptosis through regulating the apoptosis-related gene expressions and inhibiting ERK signal pathway. ..
- Ling Y, Guo X, Chen T, Ding J, Ma Y, Chu M, et al. Characterization and analysis of differentially expressed microRNAs in hircine ovaries during the follicular and luteal phases. Anim Reprod Sci. 2016;166:47-57 pubmed publisher..Our present results help to clarify the roles of miRNAs in the regulation of follicular-luteal transition in goat ovaries, which may further enhance the reproductive efficiency of commercially important animals in the future. ..
- Xu F, Zhou D, Meng X, Wang X, Liu C, Huang C, et al. Smad2 increases the apoptosis of activated human hepatic stellate cells induced by TRAIL. Int Immunopharmacol. 2016;32:76-86 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Smad2 enhances TRAIL-induced apoptosis in activated HSCs, which facilitates the resolution of hepatic fibrosis. ..
- Xu X, Cheng H, Cao J, DU H, Meng Q, Guo M. [Modified Cheng's Juanbi Decoction downregulates expression of prostaglandin E receptor 4 in synovial tissue in rats with adjuvant arthritis]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2017;33:736-740 pubmed..Conclusion Cheng's Juanbi Decoction can reduce the level of PTGER4 mRNA in the synovial tissue in AA rats. ..
- Dong X, Xu T. The actions of propofol on gamma-aminobutyric acid-A and glycine receptors in acutely dissociated spinal dorsal horn neurons of the rat. Anesth Analg. 2002;95:907-14, table of contents pubmed..Propofol was found to potentiate the functions of GABA(A)R and GlyR at the spinal level, which might contribute to propofol-induced analgesia and anesthesia. ..
- Wu X, Wei H, Zhang J, Tian Z. Increased uterine NK-derived IFN-gamma and TNF-alpha in C57BL/6J mice during early gestation. Cell Mol Immunol. 2006;3:131-7 pubmed..The results indicated that the IFN-gamma and TNF-alpha produced by uNK cells ensured a successful pregnancy progress. ..
- Bao L, Chen S, Wu L, Hei T, Wu Y, Yu Z, et al. Mutagenicity of diesel exhaust particles mediated by cell-particle interaction in mammalian cells. Toxicology. 2007;229:91-100 pubmed..05). These results provided direct evidence that DEPs was mutagenic in mammalian cells and that cell-particle interaction played an essential role in the process...
- Pei B, Wang S, Guo X, Wang J, Yang G, Hang H, et al. Arsenite-induced germline apoptosis through a MAPK-dependent, p53-independent pathway in Caenorhabditis elegans. Chem Res Toxicol. 2008;21:1530-5 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our study demonstrates that C. elegans could be a mammalian in vivo substitute model to study the mechanisms of apoptosis. ..
- Liu M, Jiang Q, Hao J, Zhou L. Protective effect of total flavones of Abelmoschus manihot L. Medic against poststroke depression injury in mice and its action mechanism. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2009;292:412-22 pubmed publisher..This potential protection makes TFA a promising therapeutic agent for the PSD...
- Yao G, Yin M, Lian J, Tian H, Liu L, Li X, et al. MicroRNA-224 is involved in transforming growth factor-beta-mediated mouse granulosa cell proliferation and granulosa cell function by targeting Smad4. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:540-51 pubmed publisher..Such miRNA-mediated effects could be potentially used for regulation of reproductive processes or for treatment of reproductive disorders. ..
- You Q, Sun G, Wang N, Chen S, Luo Q. Role of src-suppressed C kinase substrate in rat pulmonary microvascular endothelial hyperpermeability stimulated by inflammatory cytokines. Inflamm Res. 2010;59:949-58 pubmed publisher..PKC inhibitors also significantly decreased cytokine-induced hyperpermeability and SSeCKS expression. SSeCKS is involved in the endothelial hyperpermeability induced by IL-1? and TNF-? in inflammatory process. ..
- Rong C, Chen F, Jiang S, Hu W, Wu F, Chen T, et al. Inhibition of acid-sensing ion channels by amiloride protects rat articular chondrocytes from acid-induced apoptosis via a mitochondrial-mediated pathway. Cell Biol Int. 2012;36:635-41 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that amiloride protected against acid-induced apoptosis in rat articular chondrocytes by increasing anti-apoptotic ability and down-regulation of pro-apoptotic factors, thus protecting mitochondrial function. ..
- Zheng M, Yu J, Tian Z. Characterization of the liver-draining lymph nodes in mice and their role in mounting regional immunity to HBV. Cell Mol Immunol. 2013;10:143-50 pubmed publisher..Altogether our data characterize the liver-draining LNs and provide evidence that the liver-draining LNs induce an anti-HBV-specific immune response responsible for HBV clearance...
- Lei H, Zhang M, Wang Q, Guo S, Han J, Sun H, et al. MT-?-glucan from the fruit body of the maitake medicinal mushroom Grifola frondosa (higher Basidiomyetes) shows protective effects for hypoglycemic pancreatic ?-cells. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2013;15:373-81 pubmed
- Fang H, Liu A, Dahmen U, Dirsch O. Dual role of chloroquine in liver ischemia reperfusion injury: reduction of liver damage in early phase, but aggravation in late phase. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e694 pubmed publisher..This dual role of chloroquine should be considered when using chloroquine as an inhibitor of inflammation or autophagy in I/R injury. ..
- Lei Y, Li H, Jin W, Peng W, Zhang C, Bu L, et al. The radiosensitizing effect of Paeonol on lung adenocarcinoma by augmentation of radiation-induced apoptosis and inhibition of the PI3K/Akt pathway. Int J Radiat Biol. 2013;89:1079-86 pubmed publisher..This effect could be related to the augmentation of radiation-induced apoptosis and the inhibition of the PI3K/Akt signalling pathway and its downstream proteins: COX-2 and Survivin. ..
- Wei J, Cao J, Zhang D, Liao B, Zhong W, Lu J, et al. EIF5A2 predicts outcome in localised invasive bladder cancer and promotes bladder cancer cell aggressiveness in vitro and in vivo. Br J Cancer. 2014;110:1767-77 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, EIF5A2 elevated TGF-?1 expression through STAT3 to induce EMT and promotes aggressiveness in BC. ..
- Zhou Z, Shen Y, Khan M, Li A. LncReg: a reference resource for lncRNA-associated regulatory networks. Database (Oxford). 2015;2015: pubmed publisher..Database URL: http://bioinformatics.ustc.edu.cn/lncreg/. ..
- Wei F, Xu S, Jia X, Sun X, Yang X, Wei W, et al. BAFF and its receptors involved in the inflammation progress in adjuvant induced arthritis rats. Int Immunopharmacol. 2016;31:1-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, BAFF-treated DCs induced proliferation of CD4(+) T cell. These findings support the crucial pathogenic role of DCs, BAFF, and its receptors in the development of experimental arthritis. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhang L, Huang X, Duan Y, Yang L, Wang J. Association between cigarette smoking and impaired clinical symptoms in systemic sclerosis: A review. Cell Immunol. 2017;318:1-7 pubmed publisher..This paper will review current evidence on the association between smoking and SSc and summarize potential mechanisms. ..
- Cheng Z, Bao S, Shan X, Xu H, Gong W. Human thioesterase superfamily member 2 (hTHEM2) is co-localized with beta-tubulin onto the microtubule. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;350:850-3 pubmed..Small interference RNA silencing in cell line HCT116 shows that the hthem2 gene is essential for the cell sustained proliferation. Immunostaining and GFP-Tag experiments show that hTHEM2 is co-localized with microtubules. ..
- Sun M, Fan H, Ma H, Zhu Q. [Protective effect of total glucosides of Picrorhiza scrophulariiflora against oxidative stress in glomerular mesangial cells induced by high glucose]. Yao Xue Xue Bao. 2007;42:381-5 pubmed..Therefore we conclude that TGP could protect mesangial cells against oxidative stress induced by high glucose...
- Wang F, Xia Z, Chen X, Jia Y, Wang Y, Ma B. Angiotensin II type-1 receptor antagonist attenuates LPS-induced acute lung injury. Cytokine. 2009;48:246-53 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that antagonism of AT1 receptor inhibits the activation of NF-kappaB and AP-1 in the lung, which may mediate the release of TNF-alpha and IL-1 beta and contribute to LPS-induced ALI. ..
- Yu Y, Liu L, Wang F, Liang Y, Cha D, Zhang J, et al. Induction profile of MANF/ARMET by cerebral ischemia and its implication for neuron protection. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2010;30:79-91 pubmed publisher..Treatment with recombinant human ARMET promoted neuron proliferation and prevented from neuron apoptosis induced by tunicamycin. These results suggest that cerebral ischemia-induced ARMET expression may be protective to the neurons. ..
- Hu P, Qin Y, Pei J, Lei F, Hu B, Lu L. Beneficial effect of all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA) on glomerulosclerosis rats via the down-regulation of the expression of alpha-smooth muscle actin: a comparative study between ATRA and benazepril. Exp Mol Pathol. 2010;89:51-7 pubmed publisher..The reasons leading to these variations are unclear. Whatever they are, the properties of down-regulate inflammatory/proliferative programs may make ATRA an attractive potential candidate for future therapeutic use in kidney disease. ..
- Chen Y, Sun R. Toll-like receptors in acute liver injury and regeneration. Int Immunopharmacol. 2011;11:1433-41 pubmed publisher..Further, recent advances in the roles of TLRs in acute liver injury and regeneration as mediator and regulator, and their potential therapeutic targets are discussed. ..
- Gao S, Wang X, Huang L, Yu T, Du S, Guo Y, et al. [Effects of a compound Chinese medicine Xinji' erkang on isoproterenol-induced ventricular remodeling in mice]. Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao. 2012;10:330-6 pubmed..XJEK water layer and XJEK n-butanol layer attenuated ventricular remodeling without significant oxidative stress state changing, which indicates that a non-antioxidative stress mechanism may exist. ..
- Yang Y, Huang Y, Huang C, Lv X, Liu L, Wang Y, et al. Antifibrosis effects of triterpene acids of Eriobotrya japonica (Thunb.) Lindl. leaf in a rat model of bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2012;64:1751-60 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate the prophylactic effect and some mechanisms of action of triterpene acids of loquat (TAL) on bleomycin A5-induced pulmonary fibrosis rats...
- Cen J, Liu X, Li J, Zhang M, Wang W. Identi?cation and immunogenicity of immunodominant mimotopes of outer membrane protein U (OmpU) of Vibrio mimicus from phage display peptide library. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;34:291-5 pubmed publisher..mimicus infection in aquatic animals...
- Wang H, Zhu H, Wang F, Zhou Q, Gui S, Wang Y. MicroRNA-1 prevents high-fat diet-induced endothelial permeability in apoE knock-out mice. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;378:153-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, those results indicate that miR-1 contributes to endothelial barrier function via mechanisms involving not only MLCK expression and activity but also ERK phosphorylation. ..
- Lu W, Shen Y, Xie A, Zhang W. Preparation and protein immobilization of magnetic dialdehyde starch nanoparticles. J Phys Chem B. 2013;117:3720-5 pubmed publisher..The as-prepared MDASN have not only lots of aldehyde functional groups but also stronger magnetic response, which might have potential applications such as drug carriers and targeted drug release. ..
- Feng X, Guang S. Small RNAs, RNAi and the inheritance of gene silencing in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Genet Genomics. 2013;40:153-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, RNAi is a vital determinant of the inheritance of gene silencing and acts as a driving force of evolution...
- Fang L, Zhan S, Huang C, Cheng X, Lv X, Si H, et al. TRPM7 channel regulates PDGF-BB-induced proliferation of hepatic stellate cells via PI3K and ERK pathways. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;272:713-25 pubmed publisher..Therefore, TRPM7 may constitute a useful target for the treatment of liver fibrosis. ..
- Li H, Ruan Y, Zhang K, Jian F, Hu C, Miao L, et al. Mic60/Mitofilin determines MICOS assembly essential for mitochondrial dynamics and mtDNA nucleoid organization. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:380-92 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings demonstrate that Mic60/Mitofilin homeostasis regulated by Yme1L is central to the MICOS assembly, which is required for maintenance of mitochondrial morphology and organization of mtDNA nucleoids. ..
- Wu R, Chen H, Ma J, He Q, Huang Q, Liu Q, et al. c-Abl-p38Î± signaling plays an important role in MPTP-induced neuronal death. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:542-52 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, p38Î± inhibition mitigated the MPTP-induced loss of dopaminergic neurons. Taken together, these data suggested that c-Abl-p38Î± signaling may represent a therapeutic target for PD. ..
- Xu T, Ni M, Xing Li -, Li X, Meng X, Huang C, et al. NLRC5 regulates TGF-Î²1-induced proliferation and activation of hepatic stellate cells during hepatic fibrosis. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;70:92-104 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that NLRC5 is a potent pro-fibrogenic molecule for HSC activation through TGF-Î²1/Smad and NF-ÎºB signaling pathways. NLRC5 inhibition would be a promising therapeutic avenue for treating hepatic fibrosis. ..
- Xu C, Zhang H, Sun C, Liu Y, Shen S, Yang X, et al. Tumor acidity-sensitive linkage-bridged block copolymer for therapeutic siRNA delivery. Biomaterials. 2016;88:48-59 pubmed publisher..Hence, PEG-Dlinkm-PLGA nanoparticles met the requirements of several stages of drug delivery, and resulted in the enhanced therapeutic effect of the nanoparticular delivery systems. ..
- Xu G, Qin X, Wang G, Xie G, Li X, Sun C, et al. Antihyperglycemic, antihyperlipidemic and antioxidant effects of standard ethanol extract of Bombax ceiba leaves in high-fat-diet- and streptozotocin-induced Type 2 diabetic rats. Chin J Nat Med. 2017;15:168-177 pubmed publisher..Antioxidant activity and protecting pancreatic ?-cells are the possible mechanisms involved in anti-diabetic activity of BCE. ..
- Yin S, Jiang X, Jiang H, Gao Q, Wang F, Fan S, et al. Histone acetyltransferase KAT8 is essential for mouse oocyte development by regulating reactive oxygen species levels. Development. 2017;144:2165-2174 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings demonstrate that KAT8 is essential for female fertility by regulating antioxidant gene expression and identify KAT8 as the first histone acetyltransferase with an essential function in oogenesis. ..
- Yu B, Wang X, Wei S, Fu T, Dzakah E, Waqas A, et al. Convergent Transcriptional Programs Regulate cAMP Levels in C. elegans GABAergic Motor Neurons. Dev Cell. 2017;43:212-226.e7 pubmed publisher..Other genes modulating DD respecification such as lin-14, irx-1, and oig-1 are also found to affect cAMP levels...
- Wu S, Liu Y, Xu X, Zhu Z. Purification of NAD glycohydrolase from Agkistrodon acutus venom. Protein Expr Purif. 2002;25:319-22 pubmed..This new procedure gave a 15.6-fold purification with a recovery yield of 7.9% and a specific activity of 12.8 units/mg...
- Hu Z, Yu H, Zheng J. Application of response surface methodology for optimization of acidogenesis of cattail by rumen cultures. Bioresour Technol. 2006;97:2103-9 pubmed..The results suggested that acidogenesis using rumen cultures is a promising method for cattail disposal...
- Li X, Li C, Yu S, Chen J, Sabapathy K, Ruan D. JNK1 contributes to metabotropic glutamate receptor-dependent long-term depression and short-term synaptic plasticity in the mice area hippocampal CA1. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;25:391-6 pubmed..These results demonstrated that JNK1 played a crucial role in the short-term synaptic plasticity and mGluR-dependent LTD, whereas hippocampus LTP was not affected by JNK1 deficiency...
- Zhou R, Wei H, Sun R, Tian Z. Recognition of double-stranded RNA by TLR3 induces severe small intestinal injury in mice. J Immunol. 2007;178:4548-56 pubmed..The data also suggest that genomic dsRNA may be involved in the pathogenesis of acute rotavirus gastroenteritis. ..
- Liu X, Mei Q, Xu J, Hu J. Balsalazine decreases intestinal mucosal permeability of dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis in mice. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2009;30:987-93 pubmed publisher..The mechanism of this effect is partly associated with balsalazine's antioxidative and anti-inflammatory effects.Acta Pharmacologica Sinica (2009) 30: 987-993; doi: 10.1038/aps.2009.77. ..
- Ma Y, Zhou L, Yan H, Liu M. Effects of extracts from Paederia scandens (LOUR.) MERRILL (Rubiaceae) on MSU crystal-induced rats gouty arthritis. Am J Chin Med. 2009;37:669-83 pubmed
- Liu H, Yin P, He S, Sun Z, Tao Y, Huang Y, et al. ATP-induced noncooperative thermal unfolding of hen lysozyme. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;397:598-602 pubmed publisher..The results imply that the ease of aggregating of HEWL is related to the extent of denaturation of the amyloidogenic region, rather than the electrostatic neutralizing effect or monomeric beta-sheet enriched intermediate. ..
- Sun Y, Lu Y, Wang L. [Study on the mechanism of action of total flavonoids of Litsea coreana for reducing blood glucose level in rat with type 2 diabetes mellitus]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2010;30:617-21 pubmed..To explore the possible mechanism of total flavonoids of Litsea coreana (TFLC) on reducing blood glucose level in rat with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...
- Guo F, Chen X, Wang F, Liang X, Sun Y, Wang Y. Role of angiotensin II type 1 receptor in angiotensin II-induced cytokine production in macrophages. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2011;31:351-61 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the AT1 receptor plays an important role in Ang II-induced cytokines production and ROS release via NF-?B and AP-1 pathways in macrophages. ..
- Yin Y, Yang Z, Zhang S. Combined treatment with exogenous estradiol and progesterone increases the incidence of breast cancer in TA2 mice without ovaries. Cancer Lett. 2011;311:171-6 pubmed publisher..Various members of the Wnt gene family may play specific roles in different stages of carcinogenesis in TA2 mice. ..
- Rong R, Meng B, Jiang N, Hu L, Wang T. Roles of BDNF in spinal neuroplasticity in cats subjected to partial dorsal ganglionectomy. Growth Factors. 2011;29:263-70 pubmed publisher..This may underlie the basis of molecular therapy depending on gene drug-like BDNF release. ..
- Cheng L, Chen Y, Chen L, Shen Y, Shen J, An R, et al. Interactions between the ROP18 kinase and host cell proteins that aid in the parasitism of Toxoplasma gondii. Acta Trop. 2012;122:255-60 pubmed publisher..Our data strongly support the hypothesis that the secreted kinase ROP18 is involved in several complex cellular pathways for the invasion and commandeering of host functions. ..
- Zhang P, Liu M, Liao R. Toxic effect of using twenty percent alcohol on corneal epithelial tight junctions during LASEK. Mol Med Rep. 2012;6:33-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that the treatment with 20% alcohol during LASEK results in damage to the corneal epitheleal tight junctions and prolongs normal recovery time. ..
- Yin M, Lü M, Yao G, Tian H, Lian J, Liu L, et al. Transactivation of microRNA-383 by steroidogenic factor-1 promotes estradiol release from mouse ovarian granulosa cells by targeting RBMS1. Mol Endocrinol. 2012;26:1129-43 pubmed publisher..Understanding of regulation of miRNA biogenesis and function in estrogen production will potentiate the usefulness of miRNA in the control of reproduction and treatment of some steroid-related disorders...
- Wang H, Wang T, Luo Q, Huo X, Wang L, Liu T, et al. Prevalence and genotypes of Toxoplasma gondii in pork from retail meat stores in Eastern China. Int J Food Microbiol. 2012;157:393-7 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of the prevalence and genetic typing of T. gondii from pork in retail meat stores in China. The present results provide an accurate picture of the risk of exposure to T. gondii in retail pork in China. ..
- Tang Q, Han R, Xiao H, Shen J, Luo Q, Li J. Neuroprotective effects of tanshinone IIA and/or tetramethylpyrazine in cerebral ischemic injury in vivo and in vitro. Brain Res. 2012;1488:81-91 pubmed publisher..The PI3K/AKT signaling pathway may be involved in the neuroprotective mechanism of Tan IIA on primary cortical neurons. ..
- Zhang X, Zhang Y, Ling Y, Liu Y, Cao H, Yin Z, et al. Characterization and differential expression of microRNAs in the ovaries of pregnant and non-pregnant goats (Capra hircus). BMC Genomics. 2013;14:157 pubmed publisher..Here, we performed a comprehensive search for hircine miRNAs using two small RNA sequencing libraries prepared from the ovaries of pregnant and non-pregnant goats...
- Ge J, Zhao Z, Zhou Z, Wu S, Zhang R, Pan F, et al. p38 MAPK inhibitor, CBS3830 limits vascular remodelling in arterialised vein grafts. Heart Lung Circ. 2013;22:751-8 pubmed publisher..The new, highly selective p38 MAPK inhibitor, CBS3830, ameliorates intimal, medial, and adventitial remodelling by varying degrees. ..
- Lu Y, Qian L, Zhang Q, Chen B, Gui L, Huang D, et al. Palmitate induces apoptosis in mouse aortic endothelial cells and endothelial dysfunction in mice fed high-calorie and high-cholesterol diets. Life Sci. 2013;92:1165-73 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that diet-induced obesity results in endothelial dysfunction in vivo, and that oxidative and ER stress may be involved in apoptosis induced by the palmitate in vitro. ..
- Bian E, Huang C, Wang H, Chen X, Zhang L, Lv X, et al. Repression of Smad7 mediated by DNMT1 determines hepatic stellate cell activation and liver fibrosis in rats. Toxicol Lett. 2014;224:175-85 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that epigenetic repression of Smad7 promotes the phosphorylation of Smad2 and Smad3 that may be an important molecular mechanism for perpetuated HSC activation and liver fibrosis. ..
- Wang F, Huang G, Tian H, Zhong Y, Shi H, Li Z, et al. Point mutations in KAL1 and the mitochondrial gene MT-tRNA(cys) synergize to produce Kallmann syndrome phenotype. Sci Rep. 2015;5:13050 pubmed publisher..Our work highlights a new mode of inheritance underlay the genetic etiology of KS and provide valuable clues to understand the disease development. ..
- Xu Y, Dong L, Lu Y, Zhang L, An D, Gao H, et al. Magnetic hydroxyapatite nanoworms for magnetic resonance diagnosis of acute hepatic injury. Nanoscale. 2016;8:1684-90 pubmed publisher..Owing to the intravenous injection of HAP-ION nanoworms, the contrast to noise ratio (CNR) of hepatic MR imaging in vivo was enhanced obviously, which should be beneficial for hepatic injury grading and further therapeutic treatment. ..
- Zhang L, Wang Y, Li D, Ho C, Li J, Wan X. The absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion of procyanidins. Food Funct. 2016;7:1273-81 pubmed publisher..To clearly explain the in vivo pharmacokinetics of PAs, a systematic comparative analysis on previously published data on PAs was conducted. ..
- Zhou Y, Zhu Y, Zhang L, Wu T, Wu T, Zhang W, et al. Human Stem Cells Overexpressing miR-21 Promote Angiogenesis in Critical Limb Ischemia by Targeting CHIP to Enhance HIF-1Î± Activity. Stem Cells. 2016;34:924-34 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study demonstrated that over-expressing miR-21 in UCBMSCs could improve neovascularization in CLI through enhancing HIF-1Î± activity by targeting CHIP, which may hold great therapeutic promise in treating CLI. ..
- Li R, Hu S, Chang Y, Zhang Z, Zha Z, Huang H, et al. Development and Characterization of a Humanized Anti-HER2 Antibody HuA21 with Potent Anti-Tumor Properties in Breast Cancer Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:563 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results suggest that HuA21 may represent a unique anti-HER2 antibody with potential as a therapeutic candidate alone or in combination with other anti-HER2 reagents in cancer therapy. ..
- Zheng Z, Wang L, Tang W, Chen P, Zhu H, Yuan Y, et al. Hydrazide d-luciferin for in vitro selective detection and intratumoral imaging of Cu(2.). Biosens Bioelectron. 2016;83:200-4 pubmed publisher..We envision that this unique probe 1 might serve as an elucidative tool for further exploration of the biological roles of Cu(2+) in physiological and pathological processes in the near future. ..
- Chen Q, Wei W. Effects and mechanisms of glucosides of chaenomeles speciosa on collagen-induced arthritis in rats. Int Immunopharmacol. 2003;3:593-608 pubmed..GCS possesses anti-inflammatory and immunoregulatory actions and has a therapeutic effect on CIA rats due to G protein-AC-cAMP transmembrane signal transduction of synoviocytes, which play a crucial role in pathogenesis of this disease. ..