Experts and Doctors on zebrafish proteins in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Locale: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Topic: zebrafish proteins
- Sass J, Martin C, Krone P. Restricted expression of the zebrafish hsp90alpha gene in slow and fast muscle fiber lineages. Int J Dev Biol. 1999;43:835-8 pubmed..Thus, hsp90alpha is expressed in developing muscle progenitors during short temporal and spatial windows of both slow and fast fiber lineages in the zebrafish somite. ..
- Swan C, Evans T, Sylvain N, Krone P. Zebrafish HSF4: a novel protein that shares features of both HSF1 and HSF4 of mammals. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2012;17:623-37 pubmed publisher..This, together with the lack of an observable phenotype following morpholino-based antisense knockdown of hsf4, suggests that zHSF4 is unlikely to play a role in regulating early embryonic lens development. ..
- Sundarrajan L, Yeung C, Hahn L, Weber L, Unniappan S. Irisin regulates cardiac physiology in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181461 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results identified muscle proteins as novel targets of irisin, and added irisin to the list of peptide modulators of cardiovascular physiology in zebrafish. ..
- Lele Z, Krone P. Expression of genes encoding the collagen-binding heat shock protein (Hsp47) and type II collagen in developing zebrafish embryos. Mech Dev. 1997;61:89-98 pubmed..Appearance of the larger transcript occurs following somitogenesis, a time which coincides with the co-activation of hsp47 and col2a1 gene expression in tissues outside of the notochord. ..
- Lele Z, Engel S, Krone P. hsp47 and hsp70 gene expression is differentially regulated in a stress- and tissue-specific manner in zebrafish embryos. Dev Genet. 1997;21:123-33 pubmed..The results suggest the presence of different inducible regulatory mechanisms for these genes which operate in a cell- and stress-specific manner in zebrafish embryos. ..