Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Locale: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Topic: signal transduction
Publications415 found, 100 shown here
- Whiteway M, Thomas D. Site-directed mutations altering the CAAX box of Ste18, the yeast pheromone-response pathway G gamma subunit. Genetics. 1994;137:967-76 pubmed..These results suggest that the C terminus of Ste18 and the Gpa1 protein have overlapping roles in some aspect of yeast G protein function such as membrane targeting. ..
- Song J, Vranken W, Xu P, Gingras R, Noyce R, Yu Z, et al. Solution structure and backbone dynamics of the functional cytoplasmic subdomain of human ephrin B2, a cell-surface ligand with bidirectional signaling properties. Biochemistry. 2002;41:10942-9 pubmed
- Low S, Ryan J, Sprague S, Hirata H, Cui W, Zhou W, et al. touché Is required for touch-evoked generator potentials within vertebrate sensory neurons. J Neurosci. 2010;30:9359-67 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that touché is required for generator potentials, and that cutaneous mechanoreceptors with generator potentials are necessary for responsiveness to light touch in zebrafish. ..
- Richer E, Prendergast C, Zhang D, Qureshi S, Vidal S, Malo D. N-ethyl-N-nitrosourea-induced mutation in ubiquitin-specific peptidase 18 causes hyperactivation of IFN-?ß signaling and suppresses STAT4-induced IFN-? production, resulting in increased susceptibility to Salmonella typhimurium. J Immunol. 2010;185:3593-601 pubmed publisher..The reduced IFN-gamma levels, along with the increased inflammation, rationalize the S. Typhimurium susceptibility in terms of increased bacterial load in target organs and cytokine-induced septic shock and death...
- Vaillancourt F, Silva P, Shi Q, Fahmi H, Fernandes J, Benderdour M. Elucidation of molecular mechanisms underlying the protective effects of thymoquinone against rheumatoid arthritis. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:107-17 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the fact that TQ abolishes a number of factors known to be involved in RA pathogenesis renders it a clinically valuable agent in the prevention of articular diseases, including RA. ..
- Kao T, Law C, Kania A. Eph and ephrin signaling: lessons learned from spinal motor neurons. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2012;23:83-91 pubmed publisher..This simple model system has emerged as a very powerful tool to study this set of molecules, and will continue to be so by virtue of its simplicity, accessibility and the wealth of pioneering cellular studies. ..
- Finnson K, Chi Y, Bou Gharios G, Leask A, Philip A. TGF-b signaling in cartilage homeostasis and osteoarthritis. Front Biosci (Schol Ed). 2012;4:251-68 pubmed
- Skorobogata O, Rocheleau C. RAB-7 antagonizes LET-23 EGFR signaling during vulva development in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36489 pubmed publisher..Failure to downregulate EGFR signaling contributes to oncogenesis, and thus Rab7 could possess tumor suppressor activity in humans...
- Rabbani S, Mazar A. The role of the plasminogen activation system in angiogenesis and metastasis. Surg Oncol Clin N Am. 2001;10:393-415, x pubmed..This article reviews the evidence for the role of this system in tumor angiogenesis and metastasis, which suggests that the uPA system initiates multiple cascades that contribute to these processes. ..
- Valderrama Carvajal H, Cocolakis E, Lacerte A, Lee E, Krystal G, Ali S, et al. Activin/TGF-beta induce apoptosis through Smad-dependent expression of the lipid phosphatase SHIP. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:963-9 pubmed..Our results link phospholipid metabolism to activin/TGF-beta-mediated apoptosis and define TGF-beta family members as potent inducers of SHIP expression. ..
- Li L, Sawamura T, Renier G. Glucose enhances human macrophage LOX-1 expression: role for LOX-1 in glucose-induced macrophage foam cell formation. Circ Res. 2004;94:892-901 pubmed..Pilot data showing that MDMs of patients with type 2 diabetes overexpress LOX-1 support the relevance of this work to human diabetic atherosclerosis. ..
- Wang S, Raven J, Baltzis D, Kazemi S, Brunet D, Hatzoglou M, et al. The catalytic activity of the eukaryotic initiation factor-2alpha kinase PKR is required to negatively regulate Stat1 and Stat3 via activation of the T-cell protein-tyrosine phosphatase. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:9439-49 pubmed..These data reveal a novel function of PKR as a negative regulator of Stat1 and Stat3 with important implications in cell signaling. ..
- Maliba R, Lapointe S, Neagoe P, Brkovic A, Sirois M. Angiopoietins-1 and -2 are both capable of mediating endothelial PAF synthesis: intracellular signalling pathways. Cell Signal. 2006;18:1947-57 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that the angiopoietins constitute another class of angiogenic factors capable of mediating PAF synthesis which may contribute to proinflammatory activities. ..
- Clement M, Deshaies F, de Repentigny L, Belhumeur P. The nuclear GTPase Gsp1p can affect proper telomeric function through the Sir4 protein in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Microbiol. 2006;62:453-68 pubmed..Interestingly, Gsp1p was found to interact genetically and physically with the telomeric component Sir4p. Taken together, these results suggest that the GSP1 pathway could regulate proper telomeric function in yeast through Sir4p. ..
- Baker K, Chong G, Foulkes W, Jass J. Transforming growth factor-beta pathway disruption and infiltration of colorectal cancers by intraepithelial lymphocytes. Histopathology. 2006;49:371-80 pubmed..Since IEL infiltration is an independent predictor of favourable prognosis, the TGF-beta pathway may represent an important therapeutic target. ..
- Lugli A, Zlobec I, Minoo P, Baker K, Tornillo L, Terracciano L, et al. Prognostic significance of the wnt signalling pathway molecules APC, beta-catenin and E-cadherin in colorectal cancer: a tissue microarray-based analysis. Histopathology. 2007;50:453-64 pubmed..Increasing nuclear beta-catenin expression and loss of membranous E-cadherin are independent, adverse prognostic factors in MMR-proficient and MLH1- CRC. ..
- MacLaren R, Cui W, Simard S, Cianflone K. Influence of obesity and insulin sensitivity on insulin signaling genes in human omental and subcutaneous adipose tissue. J Lipid Res. 2008;49:308-23 pubmed..05). Together, microarray and real-time PCR data demonstrate that insulin resistance rather than obesity is associated with altered gene expression of insulin signaling genes, especially in OM adipose tissue. ..
- Wang S, Soni K, Semache M, Casavant S, Fortier M, Pan L, et al. Lipolysis and the integrated physiology of lipid energy metabolism. Mol Genet Metab. 2008;95:117-26 pubmed publisher..Age, sex, anatomical site, genotype and species differences are each important variables. Manipulation of lipolysis has therapeutic potential in several inborn errors and in the metabolic syndrome that frequently complicates obesity. ..
- Lemarié C, Tharaux P, Lehoux S. Extracellular matrix alterations in hypertensive vascular remodeling. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2010;48:433-9 pubmed publisher..This review surveys how mechanical stretch regulates extracellular proteases, considering the signaling pathways involved and the consequences on the cardiovascular system. ..
- Yu L, Zhou Y, Cheng S, Rao Y. Plexin a-semaphorin-1a reverse signaling regulates photoreceptor axon guidance in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2010;30:12151-6 pubmed publisher..Epistasis analysis suggests that PlexA functions upstream of semala. And PlexA and sema1a interact genetically with Rho1. We propose that PlexA regulates Semala reverse signaling in the Drosophila visual system...
- C te P, Sulea T, Dignard D, Wu C, Whiteway M. Evolutionary reshaping of fungal mating pathway scaffold proteins. MBio. 2011;2:e00230-10 pubmed publisher..Thus, the fungal lineage has restructured specific scaffolding modules to coordinate the proteins required to direct the gene expression, polarity, and cell cycle regulation essential for mating...
- Wrzal P, Devost D, Pétrin D, Goupil E, Iorio Morin C, Laporte S, et al. Allosteric interactions between the oxytocin receptor and the ?2-adrenergic receptor in the modulation of ERK1/2 activation are mediated by heterodimerization. Cell Signal. 2012;24:342-50 pubmed publisher..Our analyses suggest physical interactions between OTR and ?(2)AR in the context of a new heterodimer pair lie at the heart of the allosteric effects. ..
- Luo H, Wu Z, Tremblay J, Thorin E, Peng J, Lavoie J, et al. Receptor tyrosine kinase Ephb6 regulates vascular smooth muscle contractility and modulates blood pressure in concert with sex hormones. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:6819-29 pubmed publisher..Our study discloses that Ephs and Efns, in concert with testosterone, play a critical role in regulating small artery contractility and BP. ..
- Yam P, Kent C, Morin S, Farmer W, Alchini R, Lepelletier L, et al. 14-3-3 proteins regulate a cell-intrinsic switch from sonic hedgehog-mediated commissural axon attraction to repulsion after midline crossing. Neuron. 2012;76:735-49 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we identify a 14-3-3 protein-dependent mechanism for a cell-intrinsic temporal switch in the polarity of axon turning responses. ..
- El Far M, Isabelle C, Chomont N, Bourbonnière M, Fonseca S, Ancuta P, et al. Down-regulation of CTLA-4 by HIV-1 Nef protein. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54295 pubmed publisher..Down-regulation of CTLA-4 may contribute to the mechanisms by which HIV-1 sustains T cell activation, a critical step in viral replication and dissemination. ..
- Martineau Y, Wang X, Alain T, Petroulakis E, Shahbazian D, Fabre B, et al. Control of Paip1-eukayrotic translation initiation factor 3 interaction by amino acids through S6 kinase. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:1046-53 pubmed publisher..We propose that S6K1/2 phosphorylate eIF3 to stimulate Paip1-eIF3 interaction and consequent translation initiation. Taken together, these data demonstrate that eIF3 is a new translation target of the mTOR/S6K pathway. ..
- Itatani Y, Sonoshita M, Kakizaki F, Okawa K, Stifani S, Itoh H, et al. Characterization of Aes nuclear foci in colorectal cancer cells. J Biochem. 2016;159:133-40 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological inhibition of the HSC70 ATPase activity with VER155008 reduces Aes focus formation. These results provide insight into the understanding of Aes-mediated inhibition of Notch signalling. ..
- da Palma J, Cendron L, Seidah N, Pasquato A, Kunz S. Mechanism of Folding and Activation of Subtilisin Kexin Isozyme-1 (SKI-1)/Site-1 Protease (S1P). J Biol Chem. 2016;291:2055-66 pubmed publisher..The BC region appears as a later evolutionary acquisition, possibly allowing more subtle fine-tuning of the maturation process. ..
- Morita M, Prudent J, Basu K, Goyon V, Katsumura S, Hulea L, et al. mTOR Controls Mitochondrial Dynamics and Cell Survival via MTFP1. Mol Cell. 2017;67:922-935.e5 pubmed publisher..These data provide direct evidence for cell survival upon mTOR inhibition through mitochondrial hyperfusion employing MTFP1 as a critical effector of mTORC1 to govern cell fate decisions. ..
- Wu L, Fu J, Shen S. SKAP55 coupled with CD45 positively regulates T-cell receptor-mediated gene transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:2673-86 pubmed..Thus, SKAP55 is an essential adapter to couple CD45 with the Src family kinases for dephosphorylation and, thus, positively regulates TCR signaling. ..
- Manacu C, Martel Pelletier J, Roy Beaudry M, Pelletier J, Fernandes J, Shipkolye F, et al. Endothelin-1 in osteoarthritic chondrocytes triggers nitric oxide production and upregulates collagenase production. Arthritis Res Ther. 2005;7:R324-32 pubmed..ET-1 also induces NO release via iNOS induction. ET-1 and NO should thus become important target molecules for future therapies aimed at stopping cartilage destruction. ..
- Baldwin C, Chen Z, Bedirian A, Yokota N, Nasr S, Rabb H, et al. Upregulation of EphA2 during in vivo and in vitro renal ischemia-reperfusion injury: role of Src kinases. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2006;291:F960-71 pubmed..Interactions between upregulated EphA2 and its ephrin ligands may provide critical cell contact-dependent, bidirectional cues for cytoskeletal repair in renal IRI. ..
- Leary S, Cobine P, Kaufman B, Guercin G, Mattman A, Palaty J, et al. The human cytochrome c oxidase assembly factors SCO1 and SCO2 have regulatory roles in the maintenance of cellular copper homeostasis. Cell Metab. 2007;5:9-20 pubmed..These results suggest a mitochondrial pathway for the regulation of cellular copper content that involves signaling through SCO1 and SCO2, perhaps by their thiol redox or metal-binding state. ..
- Thomas G, van Meyel D. The glycosyltransferase Fringe promotes Delta-Notch signaling between neurons and glia, and is required for subtype-specific glial gene expression. Development. 2007;134:591-600 pubmed
- Sharif N, Gendron L, Wowchuk J, Sarret P, Mazella J, Beaudet A, et al. Coexpression of somatostatin receptor subtype 5 affects internalization and trafficking of somatostatin receptor subtype 2. Endocrinology. 2007;148:2095-105 pubmed..These findings indicate that the presence of sst(5) in the same cells modulates trafficking and cell surface regulation of sst(2A) and cellular desensitization to the effects of SRIF. ..
- Zhou L, Martinez S, Haber M, Jones E, Bouvier D, Doucet G, et al. EphA4 signaling regulates phospholipase Cgamma1 activation, cofilin membrane association, and dendritic spine morphology. J Neurosci. 2007;27:5127-38 pubmed..Because cofilin has been implicated previously in the structural plasticity of spines, this signaling may enable cofilin to depolymerize actin filaments and restructure spines at sites of ephrin-EphA4 contact. ..
- Heroux M, Breton B, Hogue M, Bouvier M. Assembly and signaling of CRLR and RAMP1 complexes assessed by BRET. Biochemistry. 2007;46:7022-33 pubmed..In addition to shed new light on the CRLR-RAMP1 signaling complex, the BRET assays developed herein offer new biosensors for probing CGRP receptor activity...
- Yang X, Gregoire S. Metabolism, cytoskeleton and cellular signalling in the grip of protein Nepsilon - and O-acetylation. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:556-62 pubmed..Thus, N(epsilon)- and O-acetylation are becoming recognized as two prominent mechanisms for regulating protein functions in diverse organisms. ..
- Khairallah M, Khairallah R, Young M, Dyck J, Petrof B, Des Rosiers C. Metabolic and signaling alterations in dystrophin-deficient hearts precede overt cardiomyopathy. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2007;43:119-29 pubmed..They also suggest the presence of a "sub-clinical" defect in the NO/cGMP pathway, which in vivo, at an early age, may be compensated by enhanced anf gene expression. ..
- Dubé F, Amireault P. Local serotonergic signaling in mammalian follicles, oocytes and early embryos. Life Sci. 2007;81:1627-37 pubmed..Specific roles played by 5-HT in mammalian reproduction remain to be further investigated, and now span from steroidogenesis and oocyte maturation to early embryonic development. ..
- Shio M, Tiemi Shio M, Eisenbarth S, Savaria M, Vinet A, Bellemare M, et al. Malarial hemozoin activates the NLRP3 inflammasome through Lyn and Syk kinases. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000559 pubmed publisher..These findings not only identify one way by which the immune system is alerted to malarial infection but also are one of the first to suggest a role for tyrosine kinase signaling pathways in regulation of the NLRP3 inflammasome. ..
- Calabrese V, Mallette F, Deschênes Simard X, Ramanathan S, Gagnon J, Moores A, et al. SOCS1 links cytokine signaling to p53 and senescence. Mol Cell. 2009;36:754-67 pubmed publisher..Also, SOCS1 colocalized with ATM at DNA damage foci induced by oncogenic STAT5A. Collectively, these results add another component to the p53 and DNA damage networks and reveal a mechanism by which SOCS1 functions as a tumor suppressor. ..
- An B, Tavera Mendoza L, Dimitrov V, Wang X, Calderon M, Wang H, et al. Stimulation of Sirt1-regulated FoxO protein function by the ligand-bound vitamin D receptor. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:4890-900 pubmed publisher..These studies link 1,25D signaling through the VDR directly to Sirt1 and FoxO function and provide a molecular basis for the cancer chemopreventive actions of 1,25D. ..
- Hardy S, Wong N, Muller W, Park M, Tremblay M. Overexpression of the protein tyrosine phosphatase PRL-2 correlates with breast tumor formation and progression. Cancer Res. 2010;70:8959-67 pubmed publisher..Together, our results argue that PRL-2 plays a role in breast cancer progression. ..
- Li J, Khavandgar Z, Lin S, Murshed M. Lithium chloride attenuates BMP-2 signaling and inhibits osteogenic differentiation through a novel WNT/GSK3- independent mechanism. Bone. 2011;48:321-31 pubmed publisher..Our work suggests the presence of a novel GSK3/WNT-independent mechanism of lithium action during the early stages of osteogenic differentiation...
- Charrier E, Cordeiro P, Cordeau M, Dardari R, Michaud A, Harnois M, et al. Post-transcriptional down-regulation of Toll-like receptor signaling pathway in umbilical cord blood plasmacytoid dendritic cells. Cell Immunol. 2012;276:114-21 pubmed publisher..These data point out a post-transcriptional down-regulation of the TLR-9/IRF-7 signaling pathway in UCB PDC. ..
- Mansure J, Nassim R, Chevalier S, Szymanski K, Rocha J, Aldousari S, et al. A novel mechanism of PPAR gamma induction via EGFR signalling constitutes rational for combination therapy in bladder cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55997 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PPAR? agonist DIM-C can be an excellent alternative to bladder tumors resistant to EGFR inhibition and combination efficacy might be achieved in a schedule-specific manner. ..
- Schlienger S, Campbell S, Claing A. ARF1 regulates the Rho/MLC pathway to control EGF-dependent breast cancer cell invasion. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:17-29 pubmed publisher..Together our findings underscore for the first time a key role for ARF1 in invasion of breast cancer cells and suggest that targeting the ARF/Rho/MLC signaling axis might be a promising strategy to inhibit invasiveness and metastasis. ..
- Jones R, Pearce E. MenTORing Immunity: mTOR Signaling in the Development and Function of Tissue-Resident Immune Cells. Immunity. 2017;46:730-742 pubmed publisher..We also discuss the impact of metabolic constraints in tissues on immune homeostasis and disease, and how manipulating mTOR activity with drugs such as rapamycin can modulate immunity in these contexts. ..
- Brahimi F, Matheson S, Dudouit F, McNamee J, Tari A, Jean Claude B. Inhibition of epidermal growth factor receptor-mediated signaling by "Combi-triazene" BJ2000, a new probe for Combi-Targeting postulates. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2002;303:238-46 pubmed
- Haidar B, Denis M, Krimbou L, Marcil M, Genest J. cAMP induces ABCA1 phosphorylation activity and promotes cholesterol efflux from fibroblasts. J Lipid Res. 2002;43:2087-94 pubmed..Taken together, these findings provide evidence for a link between the cAMP/PKA-dependent pathway, ABCA1 phosphorylation, and apoA-I mediated cellular cholesterol efflux...
- Green R, Lesage G, Sdicu A, Menard P, Bussey H. A synthetic analysis of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae stress sensor Mid2p, and identification of a Mid2p-interacting protein, Zeo1p, that modulates the PKC1-MPK1 cell integrity pathway. Microbiology. 2003;149:2487-99 pubmed..Thus, MID2 and ZEO1 appear to play reciprocal roles in the modulation of the yeast PKC1-MPK1 cell integrity pathway. ..
- Xing W, Krishnamurthy H, Sairam M. Role of follitropin receptor signaling in nuclear protein transitions and chromatin condensation during spermatogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;312:697-701 pubmed..In the adult, absence of FSHR signaling prolongs retention of mono-uH2A, leading to impair transition of basic nucleoproteins and chromatin remodeling during mouse spermatogenesis. ..
- Tcherkezian J, Danek E, Jenna S, Triki I, Lamarche Vane N. Extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1 interacts with and phosphorylates CdGAP at an important regulatory site. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:6314-29 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that CdGAP is a novel substrate of ERK1/2 and mediates cross talk between the Ras/mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway and regulation of Rac1 activity. ..
- Qureshi S, Zhang X, Aberg E, Bousette N, Giaid A, Shan P, et al. Inducible activation of TLR4 confers resistance to hyperoxia-induced pulmonary apoptosis. J Immunol. 2006;176:4950-8 pubmed..These results define a novel role for lung epithelial TLR4 as a modulator of cellular apoptosis in response to oxidant stress. ..
- Dupre D, Robitaille M, Ethier N, Villeneuve L, Mamarbachi A, Hebert T. Seven transmembrane receptor core signaling complexes are assembled prior to plasma membrane trafficking. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:34561-73 pubmed
- Algire C, Zakikhani M, Blouin M, Shuai J, Pollak M. Metformin attenuates the stimulatory effect of a high-energy diet on in vivo LLC1 carcinoma growth. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2008;15:833-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, these results contribute to the rationale for evaluation of the anti-neoplastic activity of metformin in hyperinsulinemic cancer patients. ..
- Ganopolsky J, Abid M, Aird W, Blostein M. GAS6-induced signaling in human endothelial cells is mediated by FOXO1a. J Thromb Haemost. 2008;6:1804-11 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that gas6 protects endothelial cells from apoptosis by a mechanism that involves PI3K-Akt-dependent inactivation of FOXO1a. ..
- Zayed N, Afif H, Chabane N, Mfuna Endam L, Benderdour M, Martel Pelletier J, et al. Inhibition of interleukin-1beta-induced matrix metalloproteinases 1 and 13 production in human osteoarthritic chondrocytes by prostaglandin D2. Arthritis Rheum. 2008;58:3530-40 pubmed publisher..These data also suggest that modulation of PGD2 levels in the joint may have therapeutic potential in the prevention of cartilage degradation. ..
- Weatherill D, Dyer J, Sossin W. Ribosomal protein S6 kinase is a critical downstream effector of the target of rapamycin complex 1 for long-term facilitation in Aplysia. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:12255-67 pubmed publisher..Thus, we demonstrate that S6K is an important downstream target of TORC1 in Aplysia and that it is necessary for 24-h LTF, but not for TORC1-mediated increases in somatic cap-dependent translation...
- Yu H, Mashtalir N, Daou S, Hammond Martel I, Ross J, Sui G, et al. The ubiquitin carboxyl hydrolase BAP1 forms a ternary complex with YY1 and HCF-1 and is a critical regulator of gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:5071-85 pubmed publisher..Our findings (i) establish a direct link between BAP1 and the transcriptional control of genes regulating cell growth and proliferation and (ii) shed light on a novel mechanism of transcription regulation involving ubiquitin signaling. ..
- Kodiha M, Crampton N, Shrivastava S, Umar R, Stochaj U. Traffic control at the nuclear pore. Nucleus. 2010;1:237-44 pubmed publisher..We propose that this traffic control is at least in part mediated by specific signaling events...
- Li S, Wang N, Brodt P. Metastatic cells can escape the proapoptotic effects of TNF-? through increased autocrine IL-6/STAT3 signaling. Cancer Res. 2012;72:865-75 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings define an IGF-IR-mediated mechanism of cancer cell survival that is critical for metastatic colonization of the liver...
- Lizotte J, Abed E, Signor C, Malu D, Cuevas J, Kevorkova O, et al. Expression of macrophage migration inhibitory factor by osteoblastic cells: protection against cadmium toxicity. Toxicol Lett. 2012;215:167-73 pubmed publisher..In accordance with its binding ability, addition of recombinant MIF to the culture medium reduced Cd cytotoxicity. Overall, upregulation of MIF expression by Cd may protect against the cytotoxicity of this metal in the osteoblasts. ..
- Faubert B, Boily G, Izreig S, Griss T, Samborska B, Dong Z, et al. AMPK is a negative regulator of the Warburg effect and suppresses tumor growth in vivo. Cell Metab. 2013;17:113-24 pubmed publisher..Together our findings suggest that AMPK activity opposes tumor development and that its loss fosters tumor progression in part by regulating cellular metabolic pathways that support cell growth and proliferation. ..
- Chaveroux C, Eichner L, Dufour C, Shatnawi A, Khoutorsky A, Bourque G, et al. Molecular and genetic crosstalks between mTOR and ERR? are key determinants of rapamycin-induced nonalcoholic fatty liver. Cell Metab. 2013;17:586-98 pubmed publisher..Our work expands the role of mTOR action in metabolism and highlights the existence of a potent mTOR/ERR? regulatory axis with significant clinical impact. ..
- Methot L, Hermann R, Tang Y, Lo R, Al Jehani H, Jhas S, et al. Interaction and antagonistic roles of NF-?B and Hes6 in the regulation of cortical neurogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:2797-808 pubmed publisher..These results reveal previously uncharacterized functions and modes of regulation for NF-?B and Hes6 during cortical neurogenesis. ..
- Benjumeda I, Escalante A, Law C, Morales D, Chauvin G, Muça G, et al. Uncoupling of EphA/ephrinA signaling and spontaneous activity in neural circuit wiring. J Neurosci. 2013;33:18208-18 pubmed publisher..Our experiments argue for the dissociation of spontaneous activity from hard-wired developmental programs in early phases of neural circuit formation. ..
- Srivastava A, Pandey S. Potential mechanism(s) involved in the regulation of glycogen synthesis by insulin. Mol Cell Biochem. 1998;182:135-41 pubmed
- Simoncic P, Lee Loy A, Barber D, Tremblay M, McGlade C. The T cell protein tyrosine phosphatase is a negative regulator of janus family kinases 1 and 3. Curr Biol. 2002;12:446-53 pubmed..These results indicate a negative regulatory role for TCPTP in cytokine signaling and provide insight into the molecular defect underlying the phenotype of TCPTP-deficient animals. ..
- Deckelbaum R, Chan G, Miao D, Goltzman D, Karaplis A. Ihh enhances differentiation of CFK-2 chondrocytic cells and antagonizes PTHrP-mediated activation of PKA. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:3015-25 pubmed
- Ruan W, Long H, Vuong D, Rao Y. Bifocal is a downstream target of the Ste20-like serine/threonine kinase misshapen in regulating photoreceptor growth cone targeting in Drosophila. Neuron. 2002;36:831-42 pubmed..We propose that Bif functions downstream of Msn to reorganize actin cytoskeleton in decelerating R cell growth cone motility at the target region. ..
- Michaud S, MÃ©nard C, Guy L, Gennaro G, Rivard A. Inhibition of hypoxia-induced angiogenesis by cigarette smoke exposure: impairment of the HIF-1alpha/VEGF pathway. FASEB J. 2003;17:1150-2 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that cigarette smoke exposure impairs angiogenesis by inhibiting VEGF through decreased expression of HIF-1alpha in hypoxic conditions. ..
- Vitale M, Carbajal M. Involvement of myosin II in dopamine-induced reorganization of the lactotroph cell's actin cytoskeleton. J Histochem Cytochem. 2004;52:517-27 pubmed..This effect requires, among other things, inhibition of the Rac1/Cdc42-dependent signaling pathway. ..
- Segura M, Gottschalk M, Olivier M. Encapsulated Streptococcus suis inhibits activation of signaling pathways involved in phagocytosis. Infect Immun. 2004;72:5322-30 pubmed..In addition, CPS and encapsulated S. suis were able to inhibit the uptake of the nonencapsulated mutant. These results suggest the importance of CPS in the mechanisms, whereby S. suis downmodulates phagocytosis. ..
- Chagnon M, Uetani N, Tremblay M. Functional significance of the LAR receptor protein tyrosine phosphatase family in development and diseases. Biochem Cell Biol. 2004;82:664-75 pubmed..This RPTP subfamily is likely to become important as drug targets in these various human pathologies, but further understanding of their complex signal transduction cascades will be required. ..
- Rodrigues S, Fathers K, Chan G, Zuo D, Halwani F, Meterissian S, et al. CrkI and CrkII function as key signaling integrators for migration and invasion of cancer cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2005;3:183-94 pubmed..Together, these studies identify Crk adaptor proteins as critical integrators of upstream signals for cell invasion and migration in human cancer cell lines and support a role for Crk in metastatic spread. ..
- Guo T, Gregg C, Boukh Viner T, Kyryakov P, Goldberg A, Bourque S, et al. A signal from inside the peroxisome initiates its division by promoting the remodeling of the peroxisomal membrane. J Cell Biol. 2007;177:289-303 pubmed..This protein team promotes membrane fission, thereby executing the terminal step of peroxisome division. ..
- Hernandez G, Haines E, Rajabi H, Stewart J, Arvanitogiannis A, Shizgal P. Predictable and unpredictable rewards produce similar changes in dopamine tone. Behav Neurosci. 2007;121:887-95 pubmed..Nonetheless, indistinguishable changes in DA concentration were observed in the 2 groups. Thus, reward predictability had no discernable effect on a measure believed to track the slower components of DA signaling. ..
- Trottier C, Chabot S, Mann K, Colombo M, Chatterjee A, Miller W, et al. Retinoids inhibit measles virus in vitro via nuclear retinoid receptor signaling pathways. Antiviral Res. 2008;80:45-53 pubmed publisher..These data provide the first evidence that retinoids can directly inhibit MV in vitro, and raise the possibility that retinoids may have similar actions in vivo. ..
- El Fakhry Y, Alturaihi H, Diallo D, Merhi Y, Mourad W. Critical role of lipid rafts in CD154-mediated T cell signaling. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:770-9 pubmed publisher..The results obtained demonstrate for the first time, that lipid rafts are of immunological relevance for CD154-triggered signals, and reinforce the importance of CD154 in T-cell activation. ..
- Ursini Siegel J, Cory S, Zuo D, Hardy W, Rexhepaj E, Lam S, et al. Receptor tyrosine kinase signaling favors a protumorigenic state in breast cancer cells by inhibiting the adaptive immune response. Cancer Res. 2010;70:7776-87 pubmed publisher..We reveal a novel role for tumor cell-derived ShcA in the establishment and maintenance of an immunosuppressive state. ..
- Han B, Qi S, Hu B, Luo H, Wu J. TGF-beta i promotes islet beta-cell function and regeneration. J Immunol. 2011;186:5833-44 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that TGF-?i is a vital trophic factor promoting islet survival, function, and regeneration. At least some of its beneficial effect was mediated by signaling through FAK. ..
- Heath Engel H, Wang B, Shore G. Bcl2 at the endoplasmic reticulum protects against a Bax/Bak-independent paraptosis-like cell death pathway initiated via p20Bap31. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:335-47 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these results indicate that ER restricted Bcl2 is capable of antagonizing not only apoptosis, but also a non-apoptotic, Bax/Bak independent, paraptosis-like form of cell death. ..
- Zhou L, Jones E, Murai K. EphA signaling promotes actin-based dendritic spine remodeling through slingshot phosphatase. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:9346-59 pubmed publisher..Thus, EphA receptors utilize discrete cellular and molecular pathways to promote actin-based structural plasticity of excitatory synapses...
- Canuel M, Sun X, Asselin M, Paramithiotis E, Prat A, Seidah N. Proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 (PCSK9) can mediate degradation of the low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 (LRP-1). PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64145 pubmed publisher..Identification of PCSK9 targets should allow a better understanding of the consequences of PCSK9 inhibition for lowering LDLc and tumor metastasis. ..
- Babayeva S, Rocque B, Aoudjit L, Zilber Y, Li J, Baldwin C, et al. Planar cell polarity pathway regulates nephrin endocytosis in developing podocytes. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:24035-48 pubmed publisher..We propose that the PCP pathway contributes to podocyte development by regulating nephrin turnover during junctional remodeling as the cells differentiate. ..