Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rna interference in Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Locale: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Topic: rna interference
Publications145 found, 100 shown here
- Déléris P, Trost M, Topisirovic I, Tanguay P, Borden K, Thibault P, et al. Activation loop phosphorylation of ERK3/ERK4 by group I p21-activated kinases (PAKs) defines a novel PAK-ERK3/4-MAPK-activated protein kinase 5 signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:6470-8 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that group I PAKs act as upstream activators of ERK3 and ERK4 and unravel a novel PAK-ERK3/ERK4-MK5 signaling pathway. ..
- Frank F, Fabian M, Stepinski J, Jemielity J, Darzynkiewicz E, Sonenberg N, et al. Structural analysis of 5'-mRNA-cap interactions with the human AGO2 MID domain. EMBO Rep. 2011;12:415-20 pubmed publisher..Additionally, in vitro pull-down experiments with full-length hAGO2 indicate that the interaction with cap analogues is nonspecific. ..
- Dufour C, Levasseur M, Pham N, Eichner L, Wilson B, Charest Marcotte A, et al. Genomic convergence among ERR?, PROX1, and BMAL1 in the control of metabolic clock outputs. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002143 pubmed publisher..Genomic convergence of ERR?, PROX1, and BMAL1 transcriptional activity thus identified a novel node in the molecular circuitry controlling the daily timing of metabolic processes. ..
- Mallette F, Richard S. JMJD2A promotes cellular transformation by blocking cellular senescence through transcriptional repression of the tumor suppressor CHD5. Cell Rep. 2012;2:1233-43 pubmed publisher..Depletion of JMJD2A in the human lung cancer cell line A549 bearing an activated K-Ras allele triggers senescence. We propose that JMJD2A is an oncogene that represents a target for Ras-expressing tumors. ..
- Hooker E, Baldwin C, Roodman V, Batra A, Isa N, Takano T, et al. Binding and inhibition of the ternary complex factor Elk-4/Sap1 by the adapter protein Dok-4. Biochem J. 2017;474:1509-1528 pubmed publisher..Thus, Dok-4 can target Elk-4 activity through multiple mechanisms, including binding of the transactivation domain, nuclear exclusion and protein destabilization, without a requirement for inhibition of Erk. ..
- Gaumont Leclerc M, Mukhopadhyay U, Goumard S, Ferbeyre G. PEA-15 is inhibited by adenovirus E1A and plays a role in ERK nuclear export and Ras-induced senescence. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:46802-9 pubmed..Because senescence prevents the transforming effect of oncogenic ras, our results suggest a tumor suppressor function for PEA-15 that operates by means of controlling the localization of phospho-ERK1/2. ..
- Laplante P, Raymond M, Labelle A, Abe J, Iozzo R, Hébert M. Perlecan proteolysis induces an alpha2beta1 integrin- and Src family kinase-dependent anti-apoptotic pathway in fibroblasts in the absence of focal adhesion kinase activation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:30383-92 pubmed..In the long term, additional SFK members are recruited for sustaining the anti-apoptotic response, which could play crucial roles in abnormal fibrogenic healing. ..
- Ahmad R, Sylvester J, Zafarullah M. MyD88, IRAK1 and TRAF6 knockdown in human chondrocytes inhibits interleukin-1-induced matrix metalloproteinase-13 gene expression and promoter activity by impairing MAP kinase activation. Cell Signal. 2007;19:2549-57 pubmed..These proteins could constitute important therapeutic targets for arthritis-associated cartilage loss by MMP-13. ..
- Jani K, Schock F. Zasp is required for the assembly of functional integrin adhesion sites. J Cell Biol. 2007;179:1583-97 pubmed publisher..Finally, Zasp interacts genetically with integrins, showing that it regulates integrin function. Our observations point to an important function for Zasp in the assembly of integrin adhesion sites both in cell culture and in tissues. ..
- Mayer G, Poirier S, Seidah N. Annexin A2 is a C-terminal PCSK9-binding protein that regulates endogenous low density lipoprotein receptor levels. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:31791-801 pubmed publisher..The identification of the minimal inhibitory sequence of AnxA2 should pave the way toward the development of PCSK9 inhibitory lead molecules for the treatment of hypercholesterolemia. ..
- LaCombe J, Herblot S, Rojas Sutterlin S, Haman A, Barakat S, Iscove N, et al. Scl regulates the quiescence and the long-term competence of hematopoietic stem cells. Blood. 2010;115:792-803 pubmed publisher..Together, our observations suggest that SCL impedes G(0)-G(1) transition in HSCs and regulates their long-term competence. ..
- Dumaresq Doiron K, Savard M, Akam S, Costantino S, Lefrancois S. The phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase PI4KIIIalpha is required for the recruitment of GBF1 to Golgi membranes. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:2273-80 pubmed publisher..We propose that Rab1 contributes to the specificity and timing of GBF1 recruitment by activating PI4KIIIalpha. The PtdIns(4)P produced then allows GBF1 to bind to Golgi membranes and activate Arf1. ..
- Aghazadeh Y, Rone M, Blonder J, Ye X, Veenstra T, Hales D, et al. Hormone-induced 14-3-3? adaptor protein regulates steroidogenic acute regulatory protein activity and steroid biosynthesis in MA-10 Leydig cells. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:15380-94 pubmed publisher..Over time 14-3-3? homodimerizes and dissociates from STAR, allowing this protein to induce maximal mitochondrial steroid formation...
- Nimesh S. Polyethylenimine as a promising vector for targeted siRNA delivery. Curr Clin Pharmacol. 2012;7:121-30 pubmed..This review will focus on studies done on PEI to deliver siRNA, with emphasis on the targeted, self-assembled polymeric nanoparticles with promising potential to evolve as therapeutic tool in gene therapy. ..
- Cellot S, Hope K, Chagraoui J, Sauvageau M, Deneault E, Macrae T, et al. RNAi screen identifies Jarid1b as a major regulator of mouse HSC activity. Blood. 2013;122:1545-55 pubmed publisher..shRNA against Jhdmlf, in contrast, impaired hematopoietic reconstitution of bone marrow cells. Together, our studies identified Jarid1b as a negative regulator of HSC activity and Jhdmlf as a positive regulator of HSC activity. ..
- Aflaki M, Qi X, Xiao L, Ordog B, Tadevosyan A, Luo X, et al. Exchange protein directly activated by cAMP mediates slow delayed-rectifier current remodeling by sustained ?-adrenergic activation in guinea pig hearts. Circ Res. 2014;114:993-1003 pubmed publisher..These results provide new insights into the molecular basis of K(+) channel remodeling under sustained adrenergic stimulation...
- Pribiag H, Peng H, Shah W, Stellwagen D, Carbonetto S. Dystroglycan mediates homeostatic synaptic plasticity at GABAergic synapses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:6810-5 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that DG is regulated in a physiologically relevant manner in neurons and that DG and its glycosylation are essential for homeostatic plasticity at inhibitory synapses. ..
- Mauvoisin D, Charfi C, Lounis A, Rassart E, Mounier C. Decreasing stearoyl-CoA desaturase-1 expression inhibits ?-catenin signaling in breast cancer cells. Cancer Sci. 2013;104:36-42 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that silencing SCD1 impairs the epithelial to mesenchymal transition-like behavior of the cells, a characteristic of metastatic breast cancer. ..
- Stegen C, Yakova Y, Henaff D, Nadjar J, Duron J, Lippé R. Analysis of virion-incorporated host proteins required for herpes simplex virus type 1 infection through a RNA interference screen. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53276 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings underscore the power and biological relevance of combining proteomics and RNA interference to identify novel host-pathogen interactions. ..
- Antonicka H, Sasarman F, Nishimura T, Paupe V, Shoubridge E. The mitochondrial RNA-binding protein GRSF1 localizes to RNA granules and is required for posttranscriptional mitochondrial gene expression. Cell Metab. 2013;17:386-98 pubmed publisher..This results in a specific protein synthesis defect and a failure to assemble normal amounts of the oxidative phosphorylation complexes. These data implicate GRSF1 as a key regulator of posttranscriptional mitochondrial gene expression. ..
- Lewis Saravalli S, Campbell S, Claing A. ARF1 controls Rac1 signaling to regulate migration of MDA-MB-231 invasive breast cancer cells. Cell Signal. 2013;25:1813-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study provides a new mechanism by which ARF1 regulates cell migration and identifies this GTPase as a promising pharmacological target to reduce metastasis formation in breast cancer patients. ..
- Bott A, Peng I, Fan Y, Faubert B, Zhao L, Li J, et al. Oncogenic Myc Induces Expression of Glutamine Synthetase through Promoter Demethylation. Cell Metab. 2015;22:1068-77 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate an unexpected role of Myc in inducing glutamine synthesis and suggest a molecular connection between DNA demethylation and glutamine metabolism in Myc-driven cancers. ..
- Andreev E, Brosseau N, Carmona E, Mes Masson A, Ramotar D. The human organic cation transporter OCT1 mediates high affinity uptake of the anticancer drug daunorubicin. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20508 pubmed publisher..This is the first report demonstrating that human OCT1 is involved in the high affinity transport of anthracyclines. We postulate that OCT1 defects may contribute to the resistance of cancer cells treated with anthracyclines. ..
- Nichol J, Galbraith M, Kleinman C, Espinosa J, Miller W. NPM and BRG1 Mediate Transcriptional Resistance to Retinoic Acid in Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia. Cell Rep. 2016;14:2938-49 pubmed publisher..NPM mutations are the most common genetic change in patients with acute leukemia (AML); therefore, our model may be applicable to other more common leukemias driven by NPM. ..
- Shibata Y, Branicky R, Landaverde I, Hekimi S. Redox regulation of germline and vulval development in Caenorhabditis elegans. Science. 2003;302:1779-82 pubmed..The other pathway is the oncogenic ras signaling pathway, whose action on germline as well as vulval development appears to be modulated by cytoplasmic ROS. ..
- Baril M, Es Saad S, Chatel Chaix L, Fink K, Pham T, Raymond V, et al. Genome-wide RNAi screen reveals a new role of a WNT/CTNNB1 signaling pathway as negative regulator of virus-induced innate immune responses. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003416 pubmed publisher..The study identifies novel avenues for broad-spectrum antiviral targets and preventing immune-mediated diseases upon viral infection. ..
- Thornhill P, Cohn J, Stanford W, Desbarats J. The adaptor protein Grb2 regulates cell surface Fas ligand in Schwann cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;376:341-6 pubmed publisher..As FasL is a potent regulator of cell death, dynamic regulation of its cell surface localization is critical for controlling local tissue remodeling and inflammation. ..
- Abdel Malak N, Mofarrahi M, Mayaki D, Khachigian L, Hussain S. Early growth response-1 regulates angiopoietin-1-induced endothelial cell proliferation, migration, and differentiation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:209-16 pubmed publisher..Ang-1 triggers significant and transient induction of Egr-1, and Egr-1 contributes to Ang-1-induced endothelial cell migration and proliferation. ..
- Mounir Z, Krishnamoorthy J, Robertson G, Scheuner D, Kaufman R, Georgescu M, et al. Tumor suppression by PTEN requires the activation of the PKR-eIF2alpha phosphorylation pathway. Sci Signal. 2009;2:ra85 pubmed publisher..These findings establish a link between tumor suppression by PTEN and inhibition of protein synthesis that is independent of PTEN's effects on phosphoinositide 3'-kinase signaling. ..
- Ebrahimian T, Li M, Lemarié C, Simeone S, Pagano P, Gaestel M, et al. Mitogen-activated protein kinase-activated protein kinase 2 in angiotensin II-induced inflammation and hypertension: regulation of oxidative stress. Hypertension. 2011;57:245-54 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, MK2 plays a critical role in angiotensin II signaling, leading to hypertension, oxidative stress via activation of p47phox and inhibition of antioxidants, and vascular inflammation and proliferation. ..
- Sawh A, Duchaine T. A truncated form of dicer tilts the balance of RNA interference pathways. Cell Rep. 2013;4:454-63 pubmed publisher..Our results unveil a surprising role for a truncated form of DCR-1 in the modulation of multiple RNAi activities and in the regulation of mechanistic boundaries between pathways. ..
- Zago M, Rico De Souza A, Hecht E, Rousseau S, Hamid Q, Eidelman D, et al. The NF-?B family member RelB regulates microRNA miR-146a to suppress cigarette smoke-induced COX-2 protein expression in lung fibroblasts. Toxicol Lett. 2014;226:107-16 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the potential of a RelB-miR-146a axis as a novel regulatory pathway that attenuates inflammation in response to respiratory toxicants. ..
- Bertin F, LemariÃ© C, Robins R, Blostein M. Growth arrest-specific 6 regulates thrombin-induced expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 through forkhead box O1 in endothelial cells. J Thromb Haemost. 2015;13:2260-72 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the Gas6-FoxO-1 signaling axis plays an important role in VCAM-1 expression in the context of VTE by promoting BM-MC-EC adhesion. ..
- Harel S, Mayaki D, Sanchez V, Hussain S. NOX2, NOX4, and mitochondrial-derived reactive oxygen species contribute to angiopoietin-1 signaling and angiogenic responses in endothelial cells. Vascul Pharmacol. 2017;92:22-32 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Ang-1 triggers NOX2, NOX4, and the mitochondria to release ROS and that ROS derived from these sources play distinct roles in the regulation of the Ang-1/Tie 2 signaling pathway and pro-angiogenic responses. ..
- Hernández Vásquez M, Adame García S, Hamoud N, Chidiac R, Reyes Cruz G, Gratton J, et al. Cell adhesion controlled by adhesion G protein-coupled receptor GPR124/ADGRA2 is mediated by a protein complex comprising intersectins and Elmo-Dock. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:12178-12191 pubmed publisher..This constitutes a previously unrecognized complex formed of atypical and conventional Rho guanine nucleotide exchange factors for Rac and Cdc42 that is putatively involved in GPR124-dependent angiogenic responses. ..
- Pathania M, De Jay N, Maestro N, Harutyunyan A, Nitarska J, Pahlavan P, et al. H3.3K27M Cooperates with Trp53 Loss and PDGFRA Gain in Mouse Embryonic Neural Progenitor Cells to Induce Invasive High-Grade Gliomas. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:684-700.e9 pubmed publisher..Overall, we provide a faithful H3.3K27M-pHGG model which enables insights into oncohistone pathogenesis and investigation of future therapies. ..
- Tao T, Lan J, Lukacs G, Haché R, Kaplan F. Importin 13 regulates nuclear import of the glucocorticoid receptor in airway epithelial cells. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2006;35:668-80 pubmed..We speculate that variation in cellular levels of IPO13 and intracellular IPO13 shuttling rates may contribute to glucocorticoid resistance. ..
- Zakaria C, Kassahun H, Yang X, Labbé J, Nilsen H, Ramotar D. Caenorhabditis elegans APN-1 plays a vital role in maintaining genome stability. DNA Repair (Amst). 2010;9:169-76 pubmed publisher..Finally, we showed that depletion of APN-1 by RNAi partially rescued the lethality resulting from uracil misincorporation, suggesting that APN-1 is an important AP endonuclease for repair of misincorporated uracil. ..
- Yu L, Zhou Y, Cheng S, Rao Y. Plexin a-semaphorin-1a reverse signaling regulates photoreceptor axon guidance in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2010;30:12151-6 pubmed publisher..Epistasis analysis suggests that PlexA functions upstream of semala. And PlexA and sema1a interact genetically with Rho1. We propose that PlexA regulates Semala reverse signaling in the Drosophila visual system...
- Vadnais C, Davoudi S, Afshin M, Harada R, Dudley R, Clermont P, et al. CUX1 transcription factor is required for optimal ATM/ATR-mediated responses to DNA damage. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:4483-95 pubmed publisher..Thus, CUX1 ensures not only the proper duplication and segregation of the genetic material, but also the preservation of its integrity. ..
- Wu Z, Luo H, Thorin E, Tremblay J, Peng J, Lavoie J, et al. Possible role of Efnb1 protein, a ligand of Eph receptor tyrosine kinases, in modulating blood pressure. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:15557-69 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that Efnb1 is a previously unknown negative regulator of VSMC contractility and BP and that it exerts such effects via reverse signaling through Grip1. ..
- Bukhari S, Truesdell S, Lee S, Kollu S, Classon A, Boukhali M, et al. A Specialized Mechanism of Translation Mediated by FXR1a-Associated MicroRNP in Cellular Quiescence. Mol Cell. 2016;61:760-773 pubmed publisher..P97 interacts with 3' UTR-binding FXR1a-associated microRNPs and with PARN, which binds mRNA 5' caps, forming a specialized complex to translate recruited mRNAs in these altered canonical translation conditions. ..
- Kokabu S, Nakatomi C, Matsubara T, Ono Y, Addison W, Lowery J, et al. The transcriptional co-repressor TLE3 regulates myogenic differentiation by repressing the activity of the MyoD transcription factor. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:12885-12894 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that TLE3 participates in skeletal muscle homeostasis by dampening satellite cell differentiation via repression of MyoD transcriptional activity. ..
- Elvira G, Massie B, DesGroseillers L. The zinc-finger protein ZFR is critical for Staufen 2 isoform specific nucleocytoplasmic shuttling in neurons. J Neurochem. 2006;96:105-17 pubmed..They also suggest that one of these roles may be linked to Staufen2(62)-containing RNA granule formation in the nucleus and/or to their nucleo-cytoplasmic shuttling. ..
- Voisin L, Julien C, Duhamel S, Gopalbhai K, Claveau I, Saba El Leil M, et al. Activation of MEK1 or MEK2 isoform is sufficient to fully transform intestinal epithelial cells and induce the formation of metastatic tumors. BMC Cancer. 2008;8:337 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that MEK2 plays a more important role than MEK1 in sustaining the proliferation of human colorectal cancer cells. ..
- Daniels S, Melendez Peña C, Scarborough R, Daher A, Christensen H, El Far M, et al. Characterization of the TRBP domain required for dicer interaction and function in RNA interference. BMC Mol Biol. 2009;10:38 pubmed publisher..TRBPs, but not TRBPsDeltaC4, rescue RNAi activity in RNAi-compromised cells, indicating that the binding of Dicer to TRBP is critical for RNAi function. ..
- Chotard L, Mishra A, Sylvain M, Tuck S, Lambright D, Rocheleau C. TBC-2 regulates RAB-5/RAB-7-mediated endosomal trafficking in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:2285-96 pubmed publisher..However, TBC-2 colocalizes primarily with RAB-7 on late endosomes and requires RAB-7 for membrane localization. Our data suggest that TBC-2 functions on late endosomes to inactivate RAB-5 during endosome maturation. ..
- Mounir Z, Krishnamoorthy J, Wang S, Papadopoulou B, Campbell S, Muller W, et al. Akt determines cell fate through inhibition of the PERK-eIF2? phosphorylation pathway. Sci Signal. 2011;4:ra62 pubmed publisher..Thus, we suggest that the PERK-eIF2?P pathway provides a link between Akt signaling and translational control, which has implications for tumor formation and treatment. ..
- Faubert B, Boily G, Izreig S, Griss T, Samborska B, Dong Z, et al. AMPK is a negative regulator of the Warburg effect and suppresses tumor growth in vivo. Cell Metab. 2013;17:113-24 pubmed publisher..Together our findings suggest that AMPK activity opposes tumor development and that its loss fosters tumor progression in part by regulating cellular metabolic pathways that support cell growth and proliferation. ..
- Butkinaree C, Guo L, Ramkhelawon B, Wanschel A, Brodsky J, Moore K, et al. A regulator of secretory vesicle size, Kelch-like protein 12, facilitates the secretion of apolipoprotein B100 and very-low-density lipoproteins--brief report. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014;34:251-4 pubmed publisher..KLHL12 plays a critical role in facilitating the ER exit and secretion of apoB100-VLDL particles, suggesting that KLHL12 modulation would influence plasma lipid levels. ..
- Yoon S, Shin S, Karreth F, Buel G, Jedrychowski M, Plas D, et al. Focal Adhesion- and IGF1R-Dependent Survival and Migratory Pathways Mediate Tumor Resistance to mTORC1/2 Inhibition. Mol Cell. 2017;67:512-527.e4 pubmed publisher..This resistance mechanism contributes to xenograft tumor cell growth, which is prevented with mTOR plus IGFR inhibitors, supporting this combination as a therapeutic approach for cancers. ..
- Richard S, Morel M, Cleroux P. Arginine methylation regulates IL-2 gene expression: a role for protein arginine methyltransferase 5 (PRMT5). Biochem J. 2005;388:379-86 pubmed
- Goodyer W, Kaitna S, Couteau F, Ward J, Boulton S, Zetka M. HTP-3 links DSB formation with homolog pairing and crossing over during C. elegans meiosis. Dev Cell. 2008;14:263-74 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a mechanism for coupling meiotic DSB formation with homolog pairing through the essential participation of an axis component with complexes mediating both processes. ..
- El Assaad W, Joly E, Barbeau A, Sladek R, Buteau J, Maestre I, et al. Glucolipotoxicity alters lipid partitioning and causes mitochondrial dysfunction, cholesterol, and ceramide deposition and reactive oxygen species production in INS832/13 ss-cells. Endocrinology. 2010;151:3061-73 pubmed publisher..The data also suggest that the early promotion of lipid esterification processes is instrumental in the Gltox process. ..
- Pappas J, Toulouse A, Basik M, Levesque L, Bradley W. Knockdown of RARB2 identifies a dual role in cancer. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2011;50:700-14 pubmed publisher..This work demonstrates a dual role for RARB2 (tumor suppression and tumor promotion) and identifies a challenge with respect to using RARB2 as a target for treatment or prevention strategies. ..
- Nasr Z, Robert F, Porco J, Muller W, Pelletier J. eIF4F suppression in breast cancer affects maintenance and progression. Oncogene. 2013;32:861-71 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the mTOR/eIF4F axis is an important contributor to tumor maintenance and progression programs in breast cancer. Targeting this pathway may be of therapeutic benefit. ..
- Mills J, Malina A, Lee T, Di Paola D, Larsson O, Miething C, et al. RNAi screening uncovers Dhx9 as a modifier of ABT-737 resistance in an E?-myc/Bcl-2 mouse model. Blood. 2013;121:3402-12 pubmed publisher..Rather, loss of Dhx9 appeared to activate a p53-dependent apoptotic program, through aggravation of replicative stress, which was found to be both necessary and sufficient for the ABT-737-shDhx9 synthetic lethal relationship. ..
- Parsyan A, Shahbazian D, Martineau Y, Petroulakis E, Alain T, Larsson O, et al. The helicase protein DHX29 promotes translation initiation, cell proliferation, and tumorigenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:22217-22 pubmed publisher..DHX29 depletion also impedes cancer cell growth in culture and in xenografts. Thus, DHX29 is a bona fide translation initiation factor that potentially can be exploited as a target to inhibit cancer cell growth. ..
- Hope K, Cellot S, Ting S, Macrae T, Mayotte N, Iscove N, et al. An RNAi screen identifies Msi2 and Prox1 as having opposite roles in the regulation of hematopoietic stem cell activity. Cell Stem Cell. 2010;7:101-13 pubmed publisher..Gene expression profiling studies identified a number of known HSC and cell cycle regulators as potential downstream targets to Msi2 and Prox1. ..
- Morita M, Prudent J, Basu K, Goyon V, Katsumura S, Hulea L, et al. mTOR Controls Mitochondrial Dynamics and Cell Survival via MTFP1. Mol Cell. 2017;67:922-935.e5 pubmed publisher..These data provide direct evidence for cell survival upon mTOR inhibition through mitochondrial hyperfusion employing MTFP1 as a critical effector of mTORC1 to govern cell fate decisions. ..
- Labbe J, Roy R. New developmental insights from high-throughput biological analysis in Caenorhabditis elegans. Clin Genet. 2006;69:306-14 pubmed..These new strategies have provided a framework that allows investigators to analyse gene function globally at the genomic level and will likely become a prototypic model for biological analysis in the post-genome era. ..
- Qureshi H, Ricci G, Zafarullah M. Smad signaling pathway is a pivotal component of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-3 regulation by transforming growth factor beta in human chondrocytes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1783:1605-12 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that receptor-activated Smad2 and Smad3 and co-Smad4 critically mediate TGF-beta-stimulated TIMP-3 expression in human chondrocytes and TIMP-3 gene is a target of Smad signaling pathway. ..
- Liang Z, Liu R, Lin Y, Liang C, Tan J, Qiao W. HIV-1 Vpr protein activates the NF-ÎºB pathway to promote G2/M cell cycle arrest. Virol Sin. 2015;30:441-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the NF-ÎºB pathway is probably involved in Vpr-induced G2/M cell cycle arrest. ..
- Wu M, Yu Z, Fan J, Caron A, Whiteway M, Shen S. Functional dissection of human protease mu-calpain in cell migration using RNAi. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:3246-56 pubmed
- Monette A, Pante N, Mouland A. HIV-1 remodels the nuclear pore complex. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:619-31 pubmed publisher..This detailed analysis highlights the profound effects on NE composition induced by HIV-1 infection, providing further evidence of the magnitude of viral control over the cell biology of its host...
- Pothlichet J, Meunier I, Davis B, Ting J, Skamene E, von Messling V, et al. Type I IFN triggers RIG-I/TLR3/NLRP3-dependent inflammasome activation in influenza A virus infected cells. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003256 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that in IAV-infected lung epithelial cells RIG-I activates the inflammasome both directly and through a type I IFN positive feedback loop. ..
- Yang W, Hekimi S. Two modes of mitochondrial dysfunction lead independently to lifespan extension in Caenorhabditis elegans. Aging Cell. 2010;9:433-47 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that distinct and separable aspects of mitochondrial biology affect lifespan independently. ..
- Pellicelli M, Taheri M, St Louis M, Bériault V, DesGroseillers L, Boileau G, et al. PTHrP(1-34)-mediated repression of the PHEX gene in osteoblastic cells involves the transcriptional repressor E4BP4. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:2378-87 pubmed publisher..These results underline the important role of E4BP4 in osteoblastic cells and further define the repression mechanism of PHEX gene by PTHrP(1-34). ..
- Voisin L, Saba El Leil M, Julien C, Frémin C, Meloche S. Genetic demonstration of a redundant role of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1 (ERK1) and ERK2 mitogen-activated protein kinases in promoting fibroblast proliferation. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:2918-32 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings provide compelling genetic evidence for a redundant role of ERK1 and ERK2 in promoting cell proliferation. ..
- Marcal N, Patel H, Dong Z, Belanger Jasmin S, Hoffman B, Helgason C, et al. Antagonistic effects of Grg6 and Groucho/TLE on the transcription repression activity of brain factor 1/FoxG1 and cortical neuron differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:10916-29 pubmed..Conversely, Grg6 knockdown by RNA interference causes decreased neurogenesis. These results identify a new role for Grg6 in cortical neuron development and establish a functional link between Grg6 and BF-1. ..
- Dowler T, Bergeron D, Tedeschi A, Paquet L, Ferrari N, Damha M. Improvements in siRNA properties mediated by 2'-deoxy-2'-fluoro-beta-D-arabinonucleic acid (FANA). Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:1669-75 pubmed..Taken together, these results offer preliminary evidence of the therapeutic potential of FANA modified siRNAs. ..
- Hebeisen M, Roy R. CDC-25.1 stability is regulated by distinct domains to restrict cell division during embryogenesis in C. elegans. Development. 2008;135:1259-69 pubmed publisher..1 phosphatase during early embryogenesis to control its stability and turnover, in order to ensure the timely divisions of intestinal cells and coordinate them with the formation of the developing gut. ..
- Assaker G, Ramel D, Wculek S, Gonzalez Gaitan M, Emery G. Spatial restriction of receptor tyrosine kinase activity through a polarized endocytic cycle controls border cell migration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:22558-63 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate a fundamental role for a plasma membrane-endosome trafficking cycle in the maintenance of active RTK at the leading edge of border cells during their migration. ..
- Neufeld S, Hibbert A, Chen B. Opposing roles of PlexinA and PlexinB in axonal branch and varicosity formation. Mol Brain. 2011;4:15 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate opposing roles for PlexinA and PlexinB in local wiring within a target region, where PlexinA functions to suppress excessive axonal branches and synapses and PlexinB facilitates axonal growth. ..
- Zhang H, Chen X, Sairam M. Novel genes of visceral adiposity: identification of mouse and human mesenteric estrogen-dependent adipose (MEDA)-4 gene and its adipogenic function. Endocrinology. 2012;153:2665-76 pubmed publisher..Therefore it might play an important role in adipose tissue expansion in normal and aberrant hormonal conditions and pathophysiological states. ..
- Moiseeva O, Deschênes Simard X, St Germain E, Igelmann S, Huot G, Cadar A, et al. Metformin inhibits the senescence-associated secretory phenotype by interfering with IKK/NF-?B activation. Aging Cell. 2013;12:489-98 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results provide a novel mechanism for the antiaging and antineoplastic effects of metformin reported in animal models and in diabetic patients taking this drug. ..
- El Amine N, Kechad A, Jananji S, Hickson G. Opposing actions of septins and Sticky on Anillin promote the transition from contractile to midbody ring. J Cell Biol. 2013;203:487-504 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the relatedness of the CR and MR and suggest that membrane removal is coordinated with CR disassembly. ..
- Moiseeva O, Mallette F, Mukhopadhyay U, Moores A, Ferbeyre G. DNA damage signaling and p53-dependent senescence after prolonged beta-interferon stimulation. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:1583-92 pubmed..Beta-interferon-induced senescence was more efficient in cells expressing either, p53, or constitutive allele of ERK2 or RasV12. Hence, beta-interferon-induced senescence targets preferentially cells with premalignant changes. ..
- Douziech M, Sahmi M, Laberge G, Therrien M. A KSR/CNK complex mediated by HYP, a novel SAM domain-containing protein, regulates RAS-dependent RAF activation in Drosophila. Genes Dev. 2006;20:807-19 pubmed..By analogy to catalytically impaired, but conformationally active B-RAF oncogenic mutants, we discuss the possibility that KSR represents a natural allosteric inducer of RAF catalytic function. ..
- van der Giessen K, Gallouzi I. Involvement of transportin 2-mediated HuR import in muscle cell differentiation. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:2619-29 pubmed..Together, our data suggest that HuR import is disrupted in differentiated muscle fibers and this event constitutes an important regulatory step during myogenesis. ..
- Fink K, Duval A, Martel A, Soucy Faulkner A, Grandvaux N. Dual role of NOX2 in respiratory syncytial virus- and sendai virus-induced activation of NF-kappaB in airway epithelial cells. J Immunol. 2008;180:6911-22 pubmed..These results illustrate a previously unrecognized dual role of NOX2 in the regulation of NF-kappaB in response to RSV and Sendai virus in human AEC...
- Tabariès S, Dupuy F, Dong Z, Monast A, Annis M, Spicer J, et al. Claudin-2 promotes breast cancer liver metastasis by facilitating tumor cell interactions with hepatocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:2979-91 pubmed publisher..Thus, during breast cancer liver metastasis, claudin-2 shifts from acting within tight-junctional complexes to functioning as an adhesion molecule between breast cancer cells and hepatocytes. ..
- Lukong K, Larocque D, Tyner A, Richard S. Tyrosine phosphorylation of sam68 by breast tumor kinase regulates intranuclear localization and cell cycle progression. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:38639-47 pubmed..Finally, we observed that Sam68 suppressed BRK-induced cell proliferation, suggesting that Sam68 does indeed contain anti-proliferative properties that may be neutralized in breast cancer cells by phosphorylation. ..
- Beauchamp P, Nassif C, Hillock S, van der Giessen K, von Roretz C, Jasmin B, et al. The cleavage of HuR interferes with its transportin-2-mediated nuclear import and promotes muscle fiber formation. Cell Death Differ. 2010;17:1588-99 pubmed publisher..By interfering with the TRN2-mediated import of HuR, this CP helps non-cleaved HuR accumulate in the cytoplasm thus promoting myogenesis. ..
- Lee A, Perreault R, Harel S, Boulier E, Suderman M, Hallett M, et al. Searching for signaling balance through the identification of genetic interactors of the Rab guanine-nucleotide dissociation inhibitor gdi-1. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10624 pubmed publisher..We developed a novel predictor of genetic interactions that may have the ability to significantly streamline the identification of therapeutic targets for monogenic disorders involving genes conserved between human and C. elegans. ..