Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nitric oxide in Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Locale: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Topic: nitric oxide
- Girouard H, Chulak C, Wu L, Lejossec M, de Champlain J. N-acetylcysteine improves nitric oxide and alpha-adrenergic pathways in mesenteric beds of spontaneously hypertensive rats. Am J Hypertens. 2003;16:577-84 pubmed..The increase in NO-mediated vasodilator tone and the possible decrease in adrenergic vasoconstriction induced by NAC treatment in SHR could explain the hypotensive effect of NAC in this model of hypertension. ..
- de Lamirande E, Lamothe G. Levels of semenogelin in human spermatozoa decrease during capacitation: involvement of reactive oxygen species and zinc. Hum Reprod. 2010;25:1619-30 pubmed publisher..Spermatozoa appeared permeable to Sg and processed Sg in a zinc-inhibitable fashion. ROS themselves could promote sperm disposal of Sg which maybe one of the mechanisms that allows initiation of capacitation. ..
- Nebbaki S, El Mansouri F, Afif H, Kapoor M, Benderdour M, Pelletier J, et al. Expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors ?, ?, ?, and H- and L-prostaglandin D synthase during osteoarthritis in the spontaneous hartley guinea pig and experimental dog models. J Rheumatol. 2013;40:877-90 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that reduced expression of PPAR-? may contribute to the pathogenesis of OA, whereas enhanced expression of L-PGDS may be part of a reparative process. ..
- Jones M, Ganopolsky J, Labbe A, Gilardino M, Wahl C, Martoni C, et al. Novel nitric oxide producing probiotic wound healing patch: preparation and in vivo analysis in a New Zealand white rabbit model of ischaemic and infected wounds. Int Wound J. 2012;9:330-43 pubmed publisher..This study may provide an effective, safe and less costly alternative for treating chronic wounds. ..
- Lefevre J, Michaud S, Haddad P, Dussault S, Ménard C, Groleau J, et al. Moderate consumption of red wine (cabernet sauvignon) improves ischemia-induced neovascularization in ApoE-deficient mice: effect on endothelial progenitor cells and nitric oxide. FASEB J. 2007;21:3845-52 pubmed
- Tremblay M, Fugère V, Tsui J, Schohl A, Tavakoli A, Travençolo B, et al. Regulation of radial glial motility by visual experience. J Neurosci. 2009;29:14066-76 pubmed publisher..These findings provide the first in vivo demonstration that radial glia actively respond both structurally and functionally to neural activity, via NMDAR-dependent NO release during the period of retinal axon ingrowth. ..
- Boileau C, Martel Pelletier J, Moldovan F, Jouzeau J, Netter P, Manning P, et al. The in situ up-regulation of chondrocyte interleukin-1-converting enzyme and interleukin-18 levels in experimental osteoarthritis is mediated by nitric oxide. Arthritis Rheum. 2002;46:2637-47 pubmed..Interestingly, it appears that ICE synthesis is not regulated by the endogenous production of NO. These data highlight the role played by iNOS in regulating the synthesis of major catabolic factors involved in OA cartilage degradation. ..
- Moran E, Timerghazin Q, Kwong E, English A. Kinetics and mechanism of S-nitrosothiol acid-catalyzed hydrolysis: sulfur activation promotes facile NO+ release. J Phys Chem B. 2011;115:3112-26 pubmed publisher..The 10-fold higher K(a) calculated for Me(3)CS(H(+))NO (?10(-15)) compared to MeS(H(+))NO (10(-16)) is consistent with the order of magnitude larger k(obs) reported here for the tertiary vs primary RSNOs. ..
- Timerghazin Q, Peslherbe G, English A. Structure and stability of HSNO, the simplest S-nitrosothiol. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2008;10:1532-9 pubmed publisher..Previous quantum-chemical data on RSNOs are reexamined based on the new insight into the SNO electronic structure obtained from the present high-level calculations on HSNO. ..
- Bouallegue A, Daou G, Srivastava A. Nitric oxide attenuates endothelin-1-induced activation of ERK1/2, PKB, and Pyk2 in vascular smooth muscle cells by a cGMP-dependent pathway. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;293:H2072-9 pubmed..It may be suggested that NO-induced generation of cGMP contributes to the inhibition of ET-1-induced mitogenic and hypertrophic responses in VSMCs. ..
- Haddad P, Dussault S, Groleau J, Turgeon J, Michaud S, Ménard C, et al. Nox2-containing NADPH oxidase deficiency confers protection from hindlimb ischemia in conditions of increased oxidative stress. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:1522-8 pubmed publisher..The mechanism involves improved neovascularization through a reduction of ROS formation, preserved activation of the VEGF/NO angiogenic pathway, and improved functional activities of endothelial progenitor cells. ..
- Bolduc V, Drouin A, Gillis M, Duquette N, Thorin Trescases N, Frayne Robillard I, et al. Heart rate-associated mechanical stress impairs carotid but not cerebral artery compliance in dyslipidemic atherosclerotic mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;301:H2081-92 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, HR-dependent mechanical stress contributes to carotid artery wall stiffening in severely dyslipidemic mice while cerebrovascular compliance is mostly regulated by the endothelium. ..
- Savoia C, Ebrahimian T, He Y, Gratton J, Schiffrin E, Touyz R. Angiotensin II/AT2 receptor-induced vasodilation in stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rats involves nitric oxide and cGMP-dependent protein kinase. J Hypertens. 2006;24:2417-22 pubmed..These effects may contribute in part to beneficial actions of AT1R blockers in the treatment of hypertension. ..
- Jozsef L, Khreiss T, El Kebir D, Filep J. Activation of TLR-9 induces IL-8 secretion through peroxynitrite signaling in human neutrophils. J Immunol. 2006;176:1195-202 pubmed..Enhanced ONOO- formation represents a mechanism by which bacterial DNA may contribute to prolongation and amplification of the inflammatory response. ..
- Martel Pelletier J, Mineau F, Fahmi H, Laufer S, Reboul P, Boileau C, et al. Regulation of the expression of 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein/5-lipoxygenase and the synthesis of leukotriene B(4) in osteoarthritic chondrocytes: role of transforming growth factor beta and eicosanoids. Arthritis Rheum. 2004;50:3925-33 pubmed..We also demonstrated that LTB(4) likely contributes to the up-regulation of important catabolic factors involved in the pathophysiology of OA, such as MMP. ..
- Desjardins F, Delisle C, Gratton J. Modulation of the cochaperone AHA1 regulates heat-shock protein 90 and endothelial NO synthase activation by vascular endothelial growth factor. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:2484-92 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that modulation of Hsp90 activity by AHA1 regulates VEGF signaling to eNOS and angiogenesis. ..
- Iijima H, Tulic M, Duguet A, Shan J, Carbonara P, Hamid Q, et al. NOS 1 is required for allergen-induced expression of NOS 2 in mice. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2005;138:40-50 pubmed..001). These findings underscore the importance of NOS 1 in allergic airway inflammation and suggest a mechanism by which NOS 1 may influence overall NO production in the airways. ..
- Lépicier P, Lagneux C, Sirois M, Lamontagne D. Endothelial CB1-receptors limit infarct size through NO formation in rat isolated hearts. Life Sci. 2007;81:1373-80 pubmed..In contrast, CB(2)-receptors present on cardiomyocytes exert a cardioprotective effect independent of this endothelial factor. ..
- Vaniotis G, Glazkova I, Merlen C, Smith C, Villeneuve L, Chatenet D, et al. Regulation of cardiac nitric oxide signaling by nuclear ?-adrenergic and endothelin receptors. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2013;62:58-68 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we have demonstrated the potential utility of caged receptor ligands in selectively modulating signaling via endogenous intracellular G protein-coupled receptors. ..
- Bou Khzam L, Hachem A, Zaid Y, Boulahya R, Mourad W, Merhi Y. Soluble CD40 ligand impairs the anti-platelet function of peripheral blood angiogenic outgrowth cells via increased production of reactive oxygen species. Thromb Haemost. 2013;109:940-7 pubmed publisher..These data may explain the link between elevated levels of sCD40L, impaired activity of EOCs and enhanced platelet reactivity, and consequently the occurrence of atherothrombotic disease. ..
- Thérèse P. Persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn. Paediatr Respir Rev. 2006;7 Suppl 1:S175-6 pubmed..PPHN is in fact a variety of disorders that have a common presentation. Some of the pathophysiological mechanisms and the therapeutic approaches are discussed below. ..
- Lemarié C, Shbat L, Marchesi C, Angulo O, Deschênes M, Blostein M, et al. Mthfr deficiency induces endothelial progenitor cell senescence via uncoupling of eNOS and downregulation of SIRT1. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;300:H745-53 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that Mthfr deficiency impairs EPC formation and increases EPC senescence by eNOS uncoupling and downregulation of SIRT1. ..
- Lamireau D, Nuyt A, Hou X, Bernier S, Beauchamp M, Gobeil F, et al. Altered vascular function in fetal programming of hypertension. Stroke. 2002;33:2992-8 pubmed..The study provides an additional explanation for abnormal vasorelaxation in nutrient-deprived subjects in utero. ..
- Di Marco S, Mazroui R, Dallaire P, Chittur S, Tenenbaum S, Radzioch D, et al. NF-kappa B-mediated MyoD decay during muscle wasting requires nitric oxide synthase mRNA stabilization, HuR protein, and nitric oxide release. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:6533-45 pubmed..These results define iNOS and HuR as critical players in cytokine-induced cachexia, establishing them as potential therapeutic targets. ..
- Chang T. Modified hemoglobin-based blood substitutes: crosslinked, recombinant and encapsulated hemoglobin. Vox Sang. 1998;74 Suppl 2:233-41 pubmed..A third generation hemoglobin-based blood substitute is based on microencapsulated hemoglobin, artificial red blood cells, that more closely resemble a complete red blood cell. ..
- Thuraisingam T, Xu Y, Moisan J, Lachance C, Garnon J, Di Marco S, et al. Distinct role of MAPKAPK-2 in the regulation of TNF gene expression by Toll-like receptor 7 and 9 ligands. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:3482-91 pubmed..Overall, these data provide insight into distinct molecular mechanisms of gene expression regulation by different Toll-like receptor ligands. ..
- Mikhael M, Roshan T, Soe Lin S, Apte S, Ponka P. Nitrogen monoxide inhibits haem synthesis in mouse reticulocytes. Biochem J. 2013;451:61-7 pubmed publisher..The profound impairment of haem synthesis, iron uptake and globin translation in reticulocytes by NO raises the possibility that this gas may also contribute to AI...
- Daher Z, Boulay P, Desjardins F, Gratton J, Claing A. Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 activates ADP-ribosylation factor 1 to promote endothelial nitric-oxide synthase activation and nitric oxide release from endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:24591-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that ARF1 is a novel modulator of VEGF-stimulated NO release and signaling in endothelial cells. ..
- Oubaha M, Gratton J. Phosphorylation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase by atypical PKC zeta contributes to angiopoietin-1-dependent inhibition of VEGF-induced endothelial permeability in vitro. Blood. 2009;114:3343-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, inhibition of NO production by Ang-1, via phosphorylation of eNOS on Thr(497) by PKC zeta, is responsible, at least in part, for inhibition of VEGF-stimulated endothelial permeability by Ang-1. ..
- Amiri F, Virdis A, Neves M, Iglarz M, Seidah N, Touyz R, et al. Endothelium-restricted overexpression of human endothelin-1 causes vascular remodeling and endothelial dysfunction. Circulation. 2004;110:2233-40 pubmed
- Manacu C, Martel Pelletier J, Roy Beaudry M, Pelletier J, Fernandes J, Shipkolye F, et al. Endothelin-1 in osteoarthritic chondrocytes triggers nitric oxide production and upregulates collagenase production. Arthritis Res Ther. 2005;7:R324-32 pubmed..ET-1 also induces NO release via iNOS induction. ET-1 and NO should thus become important target molecules for future therapies aimed at stopping cartilage destruction. ..
- Ward M. Effect of inhibition of nitric oxide synthesis on the diaphragmatic microvascular response to hypoxia. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1996;81:1633-41 pubmed..NO release plays a role in the diaphragmatic vascular response to hypoxia, but this role is limited to dilation of larger arterioles during hypoxia of moderate severity...
- Dudley R, Danialou G, Govindaraju K, Lands L, Eidelman D, Petrof B. Sarcolemmal damage in dystrophin deficiency is modulated by synergistic interactions between mechanical and oxidative/nitrosative stresses. Am J Pathol. 2006;168:1276-87; quiz 1404-5 pubmed
- Haddad P, Dussault S, Groleau J, Turgeon J, Maingrette F, Rivard A. Nox2-derived reactive oxygen species contribute to hypercholesterolemia-induced inhibition of neovascularization: effects on endothelial progenitor cells and mature endothelial cells. Atherosclerosis. 2011;217:340-9 pubmed publisher..The potential mechanisms involved include reduced ROS formation, preserved activation of angiogenic signals, and improved functional activities of EPCs and mature endothelial cells. ..
- Lecrux C, Kocharyan A, Sandoe C, Tong X, Hamel E. Pyramidal cells and cytochrome P450 epoxygenase products in the neurovascular coupling response to basal forebrain cholinergic input. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2012;32:896-906 pubmed publisher..Together, the data demonstrate that the hyperemic response to BF stimulation is largely mediated by glutamate released from activated pyramidal cells and by vasoactive EETs, likely originating from activated astrocytes. ..
- Koltsova S, Kotelevtsev S, Tremblay J, Hamet P, Orlov S. Excitation-contraction coupling in resistance mesenteric arteries: evidence for NKCC1-mediated pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;379:1080-3 pubmed publisher..The data show that bumetanide inhibits VSMC contractile responses via its interaction with NKCC1 and independently of nitric oxide production by endothelial cells. ..
- Abou Saleh H, Yacoub D, Théorêt J, Gillis M, Neagoe P, Labarthe B, et al. Endothelial progenitor cells bind and inhibit platelet function and thrombus formation. Circulation. 2009;120:2230-9 pubmed publisher..These findings add new insights into the biology of EPCs and define their potential roles in regulating platelet function and thrombosis. ..
- Tao L, Murphy M, English A. S-nitrosation of Ca(2+)-loaded and Ca(2+)-free recombinant calbindin D(28K) from human brain. Biochemistry. 2002;41:6185-92 pubmed..This is due to efficient Förster energy transfer (R(0) approximately 17 A) between tryptophan donors and S-nitrosothiol acceptors. ..
- Pouliot P, Plante I, Raquil M, Tessier P, Olivier M. Myeloid-related proteins rapidly modulate macrophage nitric oxide production during innate immune response. J Immunol. 2008;181:3595-601 pubmed..Finally, we observed this effect to be dependent on TLR4. Collectively, our study unravels the importance of MRPs as potent new inducers of Mphi NO production. ..
- Zehntner S, Brickman C, Bourbonniere L, Remington L, Caruso M, Owens T. Neutrophils that infiltrate the central nervous system regulate T cell responses. J Immunol. 2005;174:5124-31 pubmed
- Martens F, Demeilliers B, Girardot D, Daigle C, Dao H, Deblois D, et al. Vessel-specific stimulation of protein synthesis by nitric oxide synthase inhibition: role of extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1/2. Hypertension. 2002;39:16-21 pubmed..This heterogeneous role of NO on vascular growth may explain the heterogeneity of vascular remodeling observed in essential hypertension, a condition associated with endothelial dysfunction. ..
- Courtois F, Carrier S, Charvier K, Guertin P, Journel N. The control of male sexual responses. Curr Pharm Des. 2013;19:4341-56 pubmed..Evidence from spinal cord injured studies will be highlighted upon each step. ..
- Virdis A, Iglarz M, Neves M, Amiri F, Touyz R, Rozen R, et al. Effect of hyperhomocystinemia and hypertension on endothelial function in methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase-deficient mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2003;23:1352-7 pubmed..Our findings suggest additive adverse effect of Ang II-dependent hypertension and hyperhomocystinemia on endothelial function. ..
- Neagoe P, Lemieux C, Sirois M. Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-A165-induced prostacyclin synthesis requires the activation of VEGF receptor-1 and -2 heterodimer. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:9904-12 pubmed..In addition, the binding of VEGF-A(165) to NRP-1 potentiates its capacity to promote PGI(2) synthesis. ..
- Gomez M, Li S, Tremblay M, Olivier M. NRAMP-1 expression modulates protein-tyrosine phosphatase activity in macrophages: impact on host cell signaling and functions. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:36190-8 pubmed
- Papadopoulos P, Ongali B, Hamel E. Selective in vivo antagonism of endothelin receptors in transforming growth factor-beta1 transgenic mice that mimic the vascular pathology of Alzheimer's disease. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2010;88:652-60 pubmed publisher..Further, they suggest that ETB receptors play a detrimental role in conditions of increased TGF-beta1 and that vascular dysfunction does not inevitably lead to cognitive deficit. ..
- Drouin A, Thorin E. Flow-induced dilation is mediated by Akt-dependent activation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase-derived hydrogen peroxide in mouse cerebral arteries. Stroke. 2009;40:1827-33 pubmed publisher..u., respectively; P<0.05), but not acetylcholine-induced dilation. In healthy C57Bl/6 mouse cerebral arteries, Akt-dependent activation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase-derived H(2)O(2) mediates flow-dependent dilation. ..
- Abdelaziz N, Colombo F, Mercier I, Calderone A. Nitric oxide attenuates the expression of transforming growth factor-beta(3) mRNA in rat cardiac fibroblasts via destabilization. Hypertension. 2001;38:261-6 pubmed..The modulation of both basal and angiotensin II-stimulated TGF-beta(3) mRNA expression provides a mechanism by which NO may influence the progression of interstitial fibrosis. ..
- Nouvion A, Oubaha M, Leblanc S, Davis E, Jastrow H, Kammerer R, et al. CEACAM1: a key regulator of vascular permeability. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:4221-30 pubmed publisher..This data represents the first report, to our knowledge, of a functional link between CEACAM1 and the VEGFR2/Akt/eNOS-mediated vascular permeability pathway. ..
- Beres A, Puligandla P, Brindle M. Stability prior to surgery in Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia: is it necessary?. J Pediatr Surg. 2013;48:919-23 pubmed publisher..We suggest that all infants should be repaired even if lenient criteria for ventilatory, inotrope, or vasodilator requirements are not achieved. ..
- Thibeault S, Rautureau Y, Oubaha M, Faubert D, Wilkes B, Delisle C, et al. S-nitrosylation of beta-catenin by eNOS-derived NO promotes VEGF-induced endothelial cell permeability. Mol Cell. 2010;39:468-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identify S-nitrosylation of beta-catenin as a modulator of intercellular contacts between endothelial cells. ..
- Ward M. Dilation of rat diaphragmatic arterioles by flow and hypoxia: roles of nitric oxide and prostaglandins. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1999;86:1644-50 pubmed..Flow-dilation requires that both nitric oxide and cyclooxygenase pathways be intact...
- Bhutani M, Yang W, Hebert J, de Takacsy F, Stril J. The real world effect of omalizumab add on therapy for patients with moderate to severe allergic asthma: The ASTERIX Observational study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183869 pubmed publisher..Patients on treatment reported improved asthma control and quality of life. FeNO may be a useful biomarker to identify patients who may benefit with omalizumab treatment. ..
- Haddad E, Duclos A, Baines M. Early embryo loss is associated with local production of nitric oxide by decidual mononuclear cells. J Exp Med. 1995;182:1143-51 pubmed..In addition, aminoguanidine-treated pregnant mice showed a significant increase in average litter size when the pregnancies were allowed to proceed to term.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Kermorvant Duchemin E, Sennlaub F, Sirinyan M, Brault S, Andelfinger G, Kooli A, et al. Trans-arachidonic acids generated during nitrative stress induce a thrombospondin-1-dependent microvascular degeneration. Nat Med. 2005;11:1339-45 pubmed
- Ueno T, Tremblay J, Kunes J, Zicha J, Dobesova Z, Pausova Z, et al. Resolving the composite trait of hypertension into its pharmacogenetic determinants by acute pharmacological modulation of blood pressure regulatory systems. J Mol Med (Berl). 2003;81:51-60 pubmed..This pharmocogenetic approach enabled us to determine the main causative acute BP regulatory systems and should lead to better selection of suitable antihypertensive drugs for individual patients. ..