Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on morphogenesis in Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Locale: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
- Lamorte L, Rodrigues S, Naujokas M, Park M. Crk synergizes with epidermal growth factor for epithelial invasion and morphogenesis and is required for the met morphogenic program. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:37904-11 pubmed..Together, our data support a role for the CrkII adapter protein in epithelial invasion and morphogenesis and underscores the importance of considering the synergistic actions of signaling pathways in cancer progression. ..
- Saba El Leil M, Vella F, Vernay B, Voisin L, Chen L, Labrecque N, et al. An essential function of the mitogen-activated protein kinase Erk2 in mouse trophoblast development. EMBO Rep. 2003;4:964-8 pubmed..The inability of Erk1 to compensate for Erk2 function suggests a specific function for Erk2 in normal trophoblast development in the mouse, probably in regulating the proliferation of polar trophectoderm cells. ..
- Houalla T, Shi L, van Meyel D, Rao Y. Rab-mediated vesicular transport is required for neuronal positioning in the developing Drosophila visual system. Mol Brain. 2010;3:19 pubmed publisher..We propose that Rab5, Shi and Rab11 function together in a vesicular transport pathway for regulating R-cell positioning in the developing eye. ..
- Trunk K, Gendron P, Nantel A, Lemieux S, Roemer T, Raymond M. Depletion of the cullin Cdc53p induces morphogenetic changes in Candida albicans. Eukaryot Cell. 2009;8:756-67 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Cdc53p enables C. albicans to adequately respond to environmental signals. ..
- Maghzal N, Vogt E, Reintsch W, Fraser J, Fagotto F. The tumor-associated EpCAM regulates morphogenetic movements through intracellular signaling. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:645-59 pubmed publisher..We show that inhibition of novel PKCs accounts entirely for the invasive phenotype induced by abnormally high levels of EpCAM as well as for its normal function in regulating cell rearrangement during early development...
- Neubueser D, Hipfner D. Overlapping roles of Drosophila Drak and Rok kinases in epithelial tissue morphogenesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:2869-79 pubmed publisher..These results provide the first evidence that DAPK family kinases regulate actin dynamics in vivo and identify Drak as a novel component of the signaling networks that shape epithelial tissues. ..
- Laplante C, Nilson L. Differential expression of the adhesion molecule Echinoid drives epithelial morphogenesis in Drosophila. Development. 2006;133:3255-64 pubmed..We propose that local modulation of the cytoskeleton at Ed expression borders may represent a general mechanism for promoting epithelial morphogenesis. ..
- Daniels E, Letourneau S, Turbide C, Kuprina N, Rudinskaya T, Yazova A, et al. Biliary glycoprotein 1 expression during embryogenesis: correlation with events of epithelial differentiation, mesenchymal-epithelial interactions, absorption, and myogenesis. Dev Dyn. 1996;206:272-90 pubmed..These studies suggest multiple roles for isoforms and glycoforms of the Bgp1 proteins localized in specific sites during prenatal development. ..
- Lock L, Maroun C, Naujokas M, Park M. Distinct recruitment and function of Gab1 and Gab2 in Met receptor-mediated epithelial morphogenesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2132-46 pubmed..We propose that the Grb2-independent recruitment of Gab proteins to Met is necessary but not sufficient to promote epithelial morphogenesis. ..
- Maroun C, Holgado Madruga M, Royal I, Naujokas M, Fournier T, Wong A, et al. The Gab1 PH domain is required for localization of Gab1 at sites of cell-cell contact and epithelial morphogenesis downstream from the met receptor tyrosine kinase. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:1784-99 pubmed
- Kugler J, Lem C, Lasko P. Reduced cul-5 activity causes aberrant follicular morphogenesis and germ cell loss in Drosophila oogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9048 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results implicate Cul-5/Gus ubiquitin E3 ligases in ovarian tissue morphogenesis, germ cell proliferation and maintenance of the ovarian germ cell population. ..
- Grote D, Souabni A, Busslinger M, Bouchard M. Pax 2/8-regulated Gata 3 expression is necessary for morphogenesis and guidance of the nephric duct in the developing kidney. Development. 2006;133:53-61 pubmed..Together, these results define Gata3 as a key regulator of nephric duct morphogenesis and guidance in the pro/mesonephric kidney. ..
- Simard A, Di Pietro E, Ryan A. Gene expression pattern of Claudin-1 during chick embryogenesis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2005;5:553-60 pubmed..With the exception of the migrating primordial germ cells and the primitive streak, all other tissues that expressed significant levels of claudin-1 were epithelialized. ..
- Laforest B, Andelfinger G, Nemer M. Loss of Gata5 in mice leads to bicuspid aortic valve. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:2876-87 pubmed publisher..Mice with mutated Gata5 alleles represent unique models to dissect the mechanisms underlying degenerative aortic valve disease and to develop much-needed preventive and therapeutic interventions. ..
- Fotopoulos N, Wernike D, Chen Y, Makil N, Marte A, Piekny A. Caenorhabditis elegans anillin (ani-1) regulates neuroblast cytokinesis and epidermal morphogenesis during embryonic development. Dev Biol. 2013;383:61-74 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, altering nonmuscle myosin contractility alleviates or strengthens ani-1's ventral enclosure phenotypes. Our findings suggest that ventral enclosure is a complex process that likely relies on inputs from multiple tissues. ..
- Rao Y, Pang P, Ruan W, Gunning D, Zipursky S. brakeless is required for photoreceptor growth-cone targeting in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:5966-71 pubmed..bks encodes a nuclear protein. We propose that it participates in a gene expression pathway regulating one or more growth cone components controlling R1-R6 targeting. ..
- Ferreira T, Ou Y, Li S, Giniger E, van Meyel D. Dendrite architecture organized by transcriptional control of the F-actin nucleator Spire. Development. 2014;141:650-60 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the Lola-Spir pathway is crucial for the spatial arrangement of branches within dendritic trees and for neural circuit function because it provides balanced control of the F-actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Laplante C, Paul S, Beitel G, Nilson L. Echinoid regulates tracheal morphology and fusion cell fate in Drosophila. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2509-19 pubmed publisher..Tracheal-specific expression of Ed rescues these fusion defects, indicating that Ed acts in trachea to control fusion cell fate. ..
- Paliouras G, Naujokas M, Park M. Pak4, a novel Gab1 binding partner, modulates cell migration and invasion by the Met receptor. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:3018-32 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a novel association between Gab1 and Pak4 and identify Pak4 as a key integrator of cell migration and invasive growth downstream from the Met receptor. ..
- Chen Y, Tran S, Chenier I, Chan J, Ingelfinger J, Inagami T, et al. Deficiency of intrarenal angiotensin II type 2 receptor impairs paired homeo box-2 and N-myc expression during nephrogenesis. Pediatr Nephrol. 2008;23:1769-77 pubmed publisher..Deficiency of AT(2)R may impair both Pax-2 and N-myc expression, eventually resulting in glomerular hyperfiltration that may, ultimately, lead to later development of hypertension. ..
- Zhang S, Chen Y, Tran S, Chenier I, Hébert M, Ingelfinger J. Reactive oxygen species in the presence of high glucose alter ureteric bud morphogenesis. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007;18:2105-15 pubmed..Taken together, these data demonstrate that high glucose alters UB branching morphogenesis. This occurs, at least in part, via reactive oxygen species generation, activation of Akt signaling, and upregulation of Pax-2 gene expression. ..
- Goodyer C, Tremblay J, Paradis F, Marcil A, Lanctôt C, Gauthier Y, et al. Pitx1 in vivo promoter activity and mechanisms of positive autoregulation. Neuroendocrinology. 2003;78:129-37 pubmed..PITX1 autoregulation depends on DNA-binding and trans-activation domains of Pitx1 and it may be responsible for establishment and/or maintenance of the Pitx1 expression domain. ..
- Sheppard D, Doedt T, Chiang L, Kim H, Chen D, Nierman W, et al. The Aspergillus fumigatus StuA protein governs the up-regulation of a discrete transcriptional program during the acquisition of developmental competence. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:5866-79 pubmed publisher..Additionally, hyphae of the DeltastuA mutant displayed reduced expression of the catalase gene CAT1 and were hypersusceptible to hydrogen peroxide...
- Leeuw T, Fourest Lieuvin A, Wu C, Chenevert J, Clark K, Whiteway M, et al. Pheromone response in yeast: association of Bem1p with proteins of the MAP kinase cascade and actin. Science. 1995;270:1210-3 pubmed..Thus, the association of Bem1p with Ste20p and Ste5p may contribute to the conveyance of spatial information that regulates polarized rearrangement of the actin cytoskeleton during yeast mating. ..