Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Locale: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Publications860 found, 100 shown here
- Miao W, Hu L, Scrivens P, Batist G. Transcriptional regulation of NF-E2 p45-related factor (NRF2) expression by the aryl hydrocarbon receptor-xenobiotic response element signaling pathway: direct cross-talk between phase I and II drug-metabolizing enzymes. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:20340-8 pubmed..Moreover, direct regulation of NRF2 by AHR contributes to couple phase I and II enzymes into an integrated system facilitating more effective xenobiotic and carcinogen detoxification. ..
- Gobbi G, Bambico F, Mangieri R, Bortolato M, Campolongo P, Solinas M, et al. Antidepressant-like activity and modulation of brain monoaminergic transmission by blockade of anandamide hydrolysis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:18620-5 pubmed..The findings support a role for anandamide in mood regulation and point to fatty-acid amide hydrolase as a previously uncharacterized target for antidepressant drugs. ..
- Goltzman D. Use of genetically modified mice to examine the skeletal anabolic activity of vitamin D. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;103:587-91 pubmed..These studies reveal an important skeletal anabolic role for both endogenous and exogenous 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) and point to a potential role for 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) analogs in the treatment of disorders of bone loss. ..
- Price T, Rashid M, Millecamps M, Sanoja R, Entrena J, Cervero F. Decreased nociceptive sensitization in mice lacking the fragile X mental retardation protein: role of mGluR1/5 and mTOR. J Neurosci. 2007;27:13958-67 pubmed..These observations also support the hypothesis that the persistence of self-injurious behavior observed in fragile X mental retardation patients could be related to deficits in nociceptive sensitization. ..
- Sgouroudis E, Albanese A, Piccirillo C. Impact of protective IL-2 allelic variants on CD4+ Foxp3+ regulatory T cell function in situ and resistance to autoimmune diabetes in NOD mice. J Immunol. 2008;181:6283-92 pubmed
- Haber M, Vautrin S, Fry E, Murai K. Subtype-specific oligodendrocyte dynamics in organotypic culture. Glia. 2009;57:1000-13 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a detailed characterization of cellular events that help shape oligodendrocyte morphology and likely participate in neuron-glial cell interactions and the process of myelination. ..
- Ma W, Dumont Y, Vercauteren F, Quirion R. Lipopolysaccharide induces calcitonin gene-related peptide in the RAW264.7 macrophage cell line. Immunology. 2010;130:399-409 pubmed publisher..Inflammation-induced CGRP has a positive or negative reciprocal effect on the production of other pro- and anti-inflammatory mediators. Thereby CGRP plays both facilitating and suppressing roles in immune and inflammatory responses. ..
- Gentil B, Minotti S, Beange M, Baloh R, Julien J, Durham H. Normal role of the low-molecular-weight neurofilament protein in mitochondrial dynamics and disruption in Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease. FASEB J. 2012;26:1194-203 pubmed publisher..Overall, the data point to important functions of neurofilaments in mitochondrial dynamics as well as primary involvement in CMT2E/1F. ..
- Haider N, Dusseault J, Rudich A, Larose L. Nck2, an unexpected regulator of adipogenesis. Adipocyte. 2017;6:154-160 pubmed publisher..We propose that Nck2 should be further investigated as a regulator of the reliance of white adipose tissue on hyperplasia versus hypertrophy during adipose tissue expansion, and hence, as a potential novel molecular target in obesity. ..
- Jacobsen K, Miyake K, Kincade P, Osmond D. Highly restricted expression of a stromal cell determinant in mouse bone marrow in vivo. J Exp Med. 1992;176:927-35 pubmed..The surface membrane of individual stromal cells may thus be functionally polarized towards interacting B cell precursors and other hemopoietic cells. ..
- Alizadeh Khiavi K, Ali Khan Z. Biochemical nature and cellular origin of amyloid enhancing factor (AEF) as determined by anti-AEF antibody. Br J Exp Pathol. 1988;69:605-19 pubmed..The role of lysosomal proteases and anti-AEF antibody which has been successfully generated for the first time is discussed with reference to the origin of AEF and its presumed biological function in amyloidogenesis. ..
- Wang S, Nadeau J, Duncan A, Robert M, Fontaine G, Schappert K, et al. 3-Hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A lyase (HL): cloning and characterization of a mouse liver HL cDNA and subchromosomal mapping of the human and mouse HL genes. Mamm Genome. 1993;4:382-7 pubmed..6 +/- 3.6 cM-Hmgcl-7.3 +/- 2.3 cM-Xmv-8-1.5 +/- 1.0 cM-Gpd-1. The human HL locus (HMGCL) was mapped to distal Chr 1p by analysis of a human-hamster hybrid cell panel and by in situ hybridization. ..
- Prescott G, Silversides D, Chiu S, Reudelhuber T. Contribution of circulating renin to local synthesis of angiotensin peptides in the heart. Physiol Genomics. 2000;4:67-73 pubmed..These results may serve to explain some of the cardiac pathologies associated with the RAS...
- He B, Deckelbaum R, Miao D, Lipman M, Pollak M, Goltzman D, et al. Tissue-specific targeting of the pthrp gene: the generation of mice with floxed alleles. Endocrinology. 2001;142:2070-7 pubmed..The availability of the floxed Pthrp mice will serve as a valuable tool in genetic experiments that aim to investigate the physiological actions of Pthrp in the postnatal state. ..
- Lahjouji K, Elimrani I, Wu J, Mitchell G, Qureshi I. A heterozygote phenotype is present in the jvs +/- mutant mouse livers. Mol Genet Metab. 2002;76:76-80 pubmed..We speculate that in situations of lipolytic stress, some SCD heterozygotes might develop clinical symptoms of carnitine deficiency. ..
- Latour S, Roncagalli R, Chen R, Bakinowski M, Shi X, Schwartzberg P, et al. Binding of SAP SH2 domain to FynT SH3 domain reveals a novel mechanism of receptor signalling in immune regulation. Nat Cell Biol. 2003;5:149-54 pubmed..These observations characterize a biologically important signalling mechanism in which an adaptor molecule composed only of an SH2 domain links a receptor devoid of intrinsic catalytic activity to the kinase required for its function. ..
- Antonicka H, Ogilvie I, Taivassalo T, Anitori R, Haller R, Vissing J, et al. Identification and characterization of a common set of complex I assembly intermediates in mitochondria from patients with complex I deficiency. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:43081-8 pubmed..We propose a possible assembly pathway for the complex, which differs significantly from that proposed for Neurospora, the current model for complex I assembly. ..
- Davidson D, Shi X, Zhang S, Wang H, Nemer M, Ono N, et al. Genetic evidence linking SAP, the X-linked lymphoproliferative gene product, to Src-related kinase FynT in T(H)2 cytokine regulation. Immunity. 2004;21:707-17 pubmed..These data imply that SAP is necessary for T(H)2 cytokine regulation primarily as a result of its capacity to recruit FynT. They also establish a previously unappreciated role for FynT in SAP-dependent T(H)2 cytokine regulation. ..
- Kelly T, Neaga O, Schwahn B, Rozen R, Trasler J. Infertility in 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR)-deficient male mice is partially alleviated by lifetime dietary betaine supplementation. Biol Reprod. 2005;72:667-77 pubmed
- Sibani S, Price G, Zannis Hadjopoulos M. Decreased origin usage and initiation of DNA replication in haploinsufficient HCT116 Ku80+/- cells. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:3247-61 pubmed..1-, 1.5- and 1.7-fold, respectively) in Ku80+/- cells. The results indicate that a deficiency of Ku80 resulted in a prolonged G1 phase, as well as decreased Ku binding to and activation of origins of DNA replication. ..
- Lemay A, Haston C. Bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis susceptibility genes in AcB/BcA recombinant congenic mice. Physiol Genomics. 2005;23:54-61 pubmed..4%) of which were also differentially expressed. Genomic approaches were combined to produce a set of candidate genes that may influence susceptibility to bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis in the A/J:B6 mouse model...
- Sancho Shimizu V, Malo D. Sequencing, expression, and functional analyses support the candidacy of Ncf2 in susceptibility to Salmonella typhimurium infection in wild-derived mice. J Immunol. 2006;176:6954-61 pubmed..Moreover, a human mutation in the corresponding R395W, resulting in chronic granulatomous disease, is known to lead to reduced superoxide levels. These results support the candidacy of Ncf2 as the gene underlying Ity3. ..
- Favier J, Lapointe S, Maliba R, Sirois M. HIF2 alpha reduces growth rate but promotes angiogenesis in a mouse model of neuroblastoma. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:139 pubmed..Together, our data reveal an unexpected combination between an antiproliferative and a pro-angiogenic function of HIF2alpha that actually seems to be favourable to the establishment of neuroblastomas in vivo. ..
- Wetzel M, Naska S, Laliberté C, Rymar V, Fujitani M, Biernaskie J, et al. p73 regulates neurodegeneration and phospho-tau accumulation during aging and Alzheimer's disease. Neuron. 2008;59:708-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, p73 is essential for preventing neurodegeneration, and haploinsufficiency for p73 may be a susceptibility factor for AD and other neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Huang H, Akira S, Santos M. Is the iron donor lipocalin 2 implicated in the pathophysiology of hereditary hemochromatosis?. Hepatology. 2009;49:1012-6 pubmed publisher..Lcn2 is not essential for iron delivery to hepatocytes in hemochromatosis. ..
- Mwaikambo B, Yang C, Chemtob S, Hardy P. Hypoxia up-regulates CD36 expression and function via hypoxia-inducible factor-1- and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent mechanisms. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:26695-707 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings indicate a novel mechanism by which hypoxia induces CD36 expression via activation of HIF-1 and the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathway. ..
- Sharif Askari E, Vassen L, Kosan C, Khandanpour C, Gaudreau M, Heyd F, et al. Zinc finger protein Gfi1 controls the endotoxin-mediated Toll-like receptor inflammatory response by antagonizing NF-kappaB p65. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3929-42 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify a new function of Gfi1 as a general negative regulator of the endotoxin-initiated innate immune responses, including septic shock and possibly other severe inflammatory diseases. ..
- Christensen K, Wu Q, Wang X, Deng L, Caudill M, Rozen R. Steatosis in mice is associated with gender, folate intake, and expression of genes of one-carbon metabolism. J Nutr. 2010;140:1736-41 pubmed publisher..Increased utilization of betaine for Hcy remethylation in males and in both genders during folate deficiency may lead to steatosis by disrupting choline metabolism. ..
- Zhang Z, Iglesias D, Eliopoulos N, El Kares R, Chu L, Romagnani P, et al. A variant OSR1 allele which disturbs OSR1 mRNA expression in renal progenitor cells is associated with reduction of newborn kidney size and function. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:4167-74 pubmed publisher..006) versus newborns with wild-type alleles. Although only two subjects had PAX2(rs11599825)(A) and OSR1(rs12329305)(T) alleles, kidney size was reduced by 27% and cystatin C was increased by 14% versus wild-types (P= NS). ..
- Berard J, Zarruk J, Arbour N, Prat A, Yong V, Jacques F, et al. Lipocalin 2 is a novel immune mediator of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis pathogenesis and is modulated in multiple sclerosis. Glia. 2012;60:1145-59 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Lcn2 is a modulator of EAE pathogenesis and suggest that it may also play a role in MS. ..
- Malhotra M, Tomaro Duchesneau C, Saha S, Kahouli I, Prakash S. Development and characterization of chitosan-PEG-TAT nanoparticles for the intracellular delivery of siRNA. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:2041-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, this research may be of significance in translocating biotherapeutic molecules for intracellular delivery applications. ..
- Kool M, Jones D, Jäger N, Northcott P, Pugh T, Hovestadt V, et al. Genome sequencing of SHH medulloblastoma predicts genotype-related response to smoothened inhibition. Cancer Cell. 2014;25:393-405 pubmed publisher..Functional assays in different SHH-MB xenograft models demonstrated that SHH-MBs harboring a PTCH1 mutation were responsive to SMO inhibition, whereas tumors harboring an SUFU mutation or MYCN amplification were primarily resistant. ..
- Rauch F, Prud homme J, Arabian A, Dedhar S, St Arnaud R. Heart, brain, and body wall defects in mice lacking calreticulin. Exp Cell Res. 2000;256:105-11 pubmed..The observed abnormalities are compatible with a role of calreticulin in the modulation of cellular calcium signaling. ..
- Ase A, Reader T, Hen R, Riad M, Descarries L. Altered serotonin and dopamine metabolism in the CNS of serotonin 5-HT(1A) or 5-HT(1B) receptor knockout mice. J Neurochem. 2000;75:2415-26 pubmed..Thus, markedly different alterations in CNS monoamine metabolism may contribute to the opposite behavioral phenotypes of these two knockouts. ..
- Jolicoeur P, Hu C, Mak T, Martinou J, Kay D. Protection against murine leukemia virus-induced spongiform myeloencephalopathy in mice overexpressing Bcl-2 but not in mice deficient for interleukin-6, inducible nitric oxide synthetase, ICE, Fas, Fas ligand, or TNF-R1 genes. J Virol. 2003;77:13161-70 pubmed..These results indicate that motor neuron death occurs in this disease at least in part by a Bcl-2-inhibitable pathway not requiring the ICE, iNOS, Fas/FasL, TNF-R1, and IL-6 gene products. ..
- Miao D, He B, Lanske B, Bai X, Tong X, Hendy G, et al. Skeletal abnormalities in Pth-null mice are influenced by dietary calcium. Endocrinology. 2004;145:2046-53 pubmed..They also show that, although PTH action is the first defense against hypocalcemia, 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) can be mobilized, even in the absence of PTH, to guard against extreme calcium deficiency. ..
- Brodeur J, Li S, Da Silva Martins M, Larose L, Dave V. Critical and multiple roles for the CD3epsilon intracytoplasmic tail in double negative to double positive thymocyte differentiation. J Immunol. 2009;182:4844-53 pubmed publisher..These data provide the first genetic and phenotypic evidence for requirement of the IC domain of a CD3 chain in thymocyte development. ..
- Goh S, Looi Y, Shen H, Fang J, Bodner C, Houle M, et al. Transcriptional activation by MEIS1A in response to protein kinase A signaling requires the transducers of regulated CREB family of CREB co-activators. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:18904-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, TORCs physically cooperate with MEIS1 to achieve PKA-inducible transactivation through the MEIS1A C terminus, suggesting a concerted action in developmental and oncogenic processes. ..
- Azakir B, Di Fulvio S, Therrien C, Sinnreich M. Dysferlin interacts with tubulin and microtubules in mouse skeletal muscle. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10122 pubmed publisher..Our studies identified a new binding partner for dysferlin and suggest a role for microtubules in dysferlin trafficking to the sarcolemma. ..
- Hsieh J, Williams P, Rafei M, Birman E, Cuerquis J, Yuan S, et al. Inducible IL10(+) suppressor B cells inhibit CNS inflammation and T helper 17 polarization. Mol Ther. 2012;20:1767-77 pubmed publisher..We propose that designed CCR modulators such as GMME3, allows for conversion of naive B-cells to a novel suppressor phenotype allowing for the personalized cell therapy of autoimmune ailments. ..
- Robert M, Zeng Y, Raymond B, Desfosse L, Mairey E, Tremblay J, et al. Efficacy and site-specificity of adenoviral vector integration mediated by the phage ?C31 integrase. Hum Gene Ther Methods. 2012;23:393-407 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, integration of HD mediated by ?C31-Int is an attractive alternative to engineer cells, because it permits site-specific integration of large DNA fragments with low genotoxicity. ..
- Nedellec P, Dveksler G, Daniels E, Turbide C, Chow B, Basile A, et al. Bgp2, a new member of the carcinoembryonic antigen-related gene family, encodes an alternative receptor for mouse hepatitis viruses. J Virol. 1994;68:4525-37 pubmed..Thus, a novel murine Bgp gene has been identified that can be coexpressed in inbred mice with the Bgp1 glycoproteins and that can serve as a receptor for MHV strains when expressed in transfected hamster cells. ..
- Wu C, Lee S, Furmaniak Kazmierczak E, Cote G, Thomas D, Leberer E. Activation of myosin-I by members of the Ste20p protein kinase family. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:31787-90 pubmed
- Cote J, Chung P, Theberge J, Halle M, Spencer S, Lasky L, et al. PSTPIP is a substrate of PTP-PEST and serves as a scaffold guiding PTP-PEST toward a specific dephosphorylation of WASP. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:2973-86 pubmed..This finding suggests a possible mechanism for PTP-PEST to directly modulate actin remodeling through the PSTPIP-WASP interaction. ..
- Currier N, Miller S. The effect of immunization with killed tumor cells, with/without feeding of Echinacea purpurea in an erythroleukemic mouse model. J Altern Complement Med. 2002;8:49-58 pubmed..purpurea), sensitized the immune cells and led to life span prolongation greater than that provided by immunization alone. ..
- Hussein S, Duff E, Sirard C. Smad4 and beta-catenin co-activators functionally interact with lymphoid-enhancing factor to regulate graded expression of Msx2. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:48805-14 pubmed..We propose that Wnt signaling pathway could dictate cell fate not only by modulating BMP levels but also by directly regulating cooperatively BMP-target genes. ..
- Sansregret L, Goulet B, Harada R, Wilson B, Leduy L, Bertoglio J, et al. The p110 isoform of the CDP/Cux transcription factor accelerates entry into S phase. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:2441-55 pubmed..Overall, these results establish that p110 CDP/Cux functions as a cell cycle regulator that accelerates entry into S phase. ..
- Torban E, Wang H, Patenaude A, Riccomagno M, Daniels E, Epstein D, et al. Tissue, cellular and sub-cellular localization of the Vangl2 protein during embryonic development: effect of the Lp mutation. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:346-54 pubmed
- Moffatt P, Smith C, St Arnaud R, Nanci A. Characterization of Apin, a secreted protein highly expressed in tooth-associated epithelia. J Cell Biochem. 2008;103:941-56 pubmed..The presence of Apin at cell-tooth interfaces suggests involvement in adhesive mechanisms active at these sites, but its presence among other epithelial tissues indicates Apin likely possesses broader physiological roles...
- Langlais D, Couture C, Balsalobre A, Drouin J. Regulatory network analyses reveal genome-wide potentiation of LIF signaling by glucocorticoids and define an innate cell defense response. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000224 pubmed publisher..Thus, stressors that trigger both general stress and inflammatory responses lead to activation of a stereotypic innate cellular defense response. ..
- Fodil Cornu N, Lee S, Belanger S, Makrigiannis A, Biron C, Buller R, et al. Ly49h-deficient C57BL/6 mice: a new mouse cytomegalovirus-susceptible model remains resistant to unrelated pathogens controlled by the NK gene complex. J Immunol. 2008;181:6394-405 pubmed..Taken together, these results confirm the pivotal role of the Ly49H receptor during MCMV infection and open the way for further investigations in host-pathogen interactions...
- Cruz Munoz M, Dong Z, Shi X, Zhang S, Veillette A. Influence of CRACC, a SLAM family receptor coupled to the adaptor EAT-2, on natural killer cell function. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:297-305 pubmed publisher..CRACC was also inhibitory in T cells, which are typically devoid of EAT-2. Thus, CRACC can exert activating or inhibitory influences on cells of the immune system depending on cellular context and the availability of effector proteins. ..
- Rohani N, Canty L, Luu O, Fagotto F, Winklbauer R. EphrinB/EphB signaling controls embryonic germ layer separation by contact-induced cell detachment. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1000597 pubmed publisher..Instead, it involves localized responses to signals exchanged at the tissue boundary and an attachment/detachment cycle which allows for cell migration across a cellular substratum. ..
- Zheng H, Tobias J, Duncan E, Evans D, Eriksson J, Paternoster L, et al. WNT16 influences bone mineral density, cortical bone thickness, bone strength, and osteoporotic fracture risk. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002745 pubmed publisher..Natural variation in humans and targeted disruption in mice demonstrate that WNT16 is an important determinant of CBT, BMD, bone strength, and risk of fracture. ..
- Zhong M, Veillette A. The adaptor molecule signaling lymphocytic activation molecule (SLAM)-associated protein (SAP) is essential in mechanisms involving the Fyn tyrosine kinase for induction and progression of collagen-induced arthritis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:31423-36 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that SAP plays an essential role in CIA because of Fyn-independent and Fyn-dependent effects on TFH cells and, possibly, other T cell types. ..
- Everts B, Amiel E, Huang S, Smith A, Chang C, Lam W, et al. TLR-driven early glycolytic reprogramming via the kinases TBK1-IKK? supports the anabolic demands of dendritic cell activation. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:323-32 pubmed publisher..In summary, we identified the rapid induction of glycolysis as an integral component of TLR signaling that is essential for the anabolic demands of the activation and function of DCs. ..
- Bazett M, Bergeron M, Haston C. Streptomycin treatment alters the intestinal microbiome, pulmonary T cell profile and airway hyperresponsiveness in a cystic fibrosis mouse model. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19189 pubmed publisher..The airway hyperresponsiveness and lymphocyte profile of BALB/c Cftr(tm1UNC) mice were affected by streptomycin treatment, revealing a potential intestinal microbiome influence on lung response in BALB/c Cftr(tm1UNC) mice. ..
- Campbell Dyke N, Athanassiadis A, Herscovics A. Genomic organization and chromosomal mapping of the murine alpha 1,2-mannosidase IB involved in N-glycan maturation. Genomics. 1997;41:155-9 pubmed..Sequence analysis of the Cos.25.1 cosmid clone provided evidence for the existence of another related gene or pseudogene. Fluorescence in situ hybridization with Cos.25.1 localized this sequence to mouse chromosome 4A13. ..
- Le Marec N, Lalonde R. Sensorimotor learning and retention during equilibrium tests in Purkinje cell degeneration mutant mice. Brain Res. 1997;768:310-6 pubmed..The cerebellar cortex is critically involved in timing whole body movements during postural adjustments to a mobile beam but not to four types of immobile apparatus. ..
- Turgeon B, Saba El Leil M, Meloche S. Cloning and characterization of mouse extracellular-signal-regulated protein kinase 3 as a unique gene product of 100 kDa. Biochem J. 2000;346 Pt 1:169-75 pubmed..Finally, we provide several lines of evidence to support the existence of a unique Erk3 gene product of 100 kDa in mammalian cells. ..
- Croteau S, Polychronakos C, Naumova A. Imprinting defects in mouse embryos: stochastic errors or polymorphic phenotype?. Genesis. 2001;31:11-6 pubmed..This contradiction may be explained by different incidence of imprinting errors in different imprinted regions of the genome, in different species, or by loss of the majority of nonmosaic embryos with imprinting defects before birth. ..
- Davidson D, Bakinowski M, Thomas M, Horejsi V, Veillette A. Phosphorylation-dependent regulation of T-cell activation by PAG/Cbp, a lipid raft-associated transmembrane adaptor. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:2017-28 pubmed..They also suggest that the inhibitory function of PAG in T cells is suppressed by CD45. Lastly, they support the idea that dephosphorylation of proteins on tyrosine residues is critical for the initiation of T-cell activation. ..
- Gaudreault S, Chabot C, Gratton J, Poirier J. The caveolin scaffolding domain modifies 2-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole propionate receptor binding properties by inhibiting phospholipase A2 activity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:356-62 pubmed..These results raised the possibility that caveolin-1, via the inhibition of cPLA2 enzymatic activity, may interfere with synaptic facilitation and long term potentiation formation in the hippocampus. ..
- Paul C, Vereker E, Dickson K, Barker P. A pro-apoptotic fragment of the p75 neurotrophin receptor is expressed in p75NTRExonIV null mice. J Neurosci. 2004;24:1917-23 pubmed..These results indicate that aspects of the p75NTRExonIV-/- phenotype may reflect a gain-of-function mutation rather than loss of p75NTR function. ..
- Hum D, Besnard S, Sanchez R, Devost D, Gossard F, Hamet P, et al. Characterization of a cGMP-response element in the guanylyl cyclase/natriuretic peptide receptor A gene promoter. Hypertension. 2004;43:1270-8 pubmed
- Haston C, Tomko T, Godin N, Kerckhoff L, Hallett M. Murine candidate bleomycin induced pulmonary fibrosis susceptibility genes identified by gene expression and sequence analysis of linkage regions. J Med Genet. 2005;42:464-73 pubmed..Combining genomics approaches of differential gene expression and sequence variation potentially identifies approximately 5% the linked genes as fibrosis susceptibility candidate genes in this mouse cross. ..
- Roy M, Lariviere L, Wilkinson R, Tam M, Stevenson M, Malo D. Incremental expression of Tlr4 correlates with mouse resistance to Salmonella infection and fine regulation of relevant immune genes. Genes Immun. 2006;7:372-83 pubmed
- Shahbazian D, Roux P, Mieulet V, Cohen M, Raught B, Taunton J, et al. The mTOR/PI3K and MAPK pathways converge on eIF4B to control its phosphorylation and activity. EMBO J. 2006;25:2781-91 pubmed..Phosphorylation of eIF4B on Ser422 by RSK and S6K is physiologically significant, as it increases the interaction of eIF4B with the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3. ..
- Wheeler R, Zehntner S, Kelly L, Bourbonniere L, Owens T. Elevated interferon gamma expression in the central nervous system of tumour necrosis factor receptor 1-deficient mice with experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Immunology. 2006;118:527-38 pubmed..These data demonstrate that IFN-gamma expression is enhanced in the CNS of TNFR1-/- mice with EAE and suggest that IFN-gamma levels do not necessarily correlate with EAE severity. ..
- Solis M, Goubau D, Romieu Mourez R, Genin P, Civas A, Hiscott J. Distinct functions of IRF-3 and IRF-7 in IFN-alpha gene regulation and control of anti-tumor activity in primary macrophages. Biochem Pharmacol. 2006;72:1469-76 pubmed..These studies indicate that IRF-7 transduced macrophages may be an attractive candidate for in vivo adoptive therapy of cancer. ..
- Bounhar Y, Mann K, Roucou X, LeBlanc A. Prion protein prevents Bax-mediated cell death in the absence of other Bcl-2 family members in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEMS Yeast Res. 2006;6:1204-12 pubmed..We conclude that prion protein does not require other Bcl-2 family proteins to protect against Bax-mediated cell death. ..
- Cho J, Lépine M, Andrews W, Parnavelas J, Cloutier J. Requirement for Slit-1 and Robo-2 in zonal segregation of olfactory sensory neuron axons in the main olfactory bulb. J Neurosci. 2007;27:9094-104 pubmed..These results indicate that the dorsal-to-ventral segregation of OSN axons are not solely defined by the location of OSNs within the OE but also relies on axon guidance cues. ..
- Boileau C, Tat S, Pelletier J, Cheng S, Martel Pelletier J. Diacerein inhibits the synthesis of resorptive enzymes and reduces osteoclastic differentiation/survival in osteoarthritic subchondral bone: a possible mechanism for a protective effect against subchondral bone remodelling. Arthritis Res Ther. 2008;10:R71 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data suggest that diacerein/rhein could impact the abnormal subchondral bone metabolism in OA by reducing the synthesis of resorptive factors and osteoclast formation. ..
- Bouvier D, Tremblay M, Riad M, Corera A, Gingras D, Horn K, et al. EphA4 is localized in clathrin-coated and synaptic vesicles in adult mouse brain. J Neurochem. 2010;113:153-65 pubmed publisher..This trafficking itinerary may serve to regulate the levels of EphA4 in the synaptic plasma membrane and thereby modulate signaling events that contribute to synaptic plasticity. ..
- Joyal J, Sitaras N, Binet F, Rivera J, Stahl A, Zaniolo K, et al. Ischemic neurons prevent vascular regeneration of neural tissue by secreting semaphorin 3A. Blood. 2011;117:6024-35 pubmed publisher..Our findings may be applicable to other neurovascular ischemic conditions such as stroke. ..
- Hassani K, Antoniak E, Jardim A, Olivier M. Temperature-induced protein secretion by Leishmania mexicana modulates macrophage signalling and function. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18724 pubmed publisher..These modulations can result in attenuation of the inflammatory response and deactivation of the macrophage aiding the parasite in the establishment of infection...
- Manitt C, Mimee A, Eng C, Pokinko M, Stroh T, Cooper H, et al. The netrin receptor DCC is required in the pubertal organization of mesocortical dopamine circuitry. J Neurosci. 2011;31:8381-94 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate DCC-mediated netrin-1 signaling in the establishment of mPFC DA circuitry during puberty. ..
- Marelli B, Ghezzi C, Mohn D, Stark W, Barralet J, Boccaccini A, et al. Accelerated mineralization of dense collagen-nano bioactive glass hybrid gels increases scaffold stiffness and regulates osteoblastic function. Biomaterials. 2011;32:8915-26 pubmed publisher..The accelerated mineralization of rapidly produced DC-nBG hybrid gels indicates their potential suitability as osteoinductive cell delivery scaffolds for bone regenerative therapy...
- Larochelle C, Cayrol R, Kebir H, Alvarez J, Lécuyer M, Ifergan I, et al. Melanoma cell adhesion molecule identifies encephalitogenic T lymphocytes and promotes their recruitment to the central nervous system. Brain. 2012;135:2906-24 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that MCAM could serve as a potential biomarker for multiple sclerosis and represents a valuable target for the treatment of neuroinflammatory conditions. ..
- Gravelat F, Beauvais A, Liu H, Lee M, Snarr B, Chen D, et al. Aspergillus galactosaminogalactan mediates adherence to host constituents and conceals hyphal ?-glucan from the immune system. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003575 pubmed publisher..Collectively these data establish a role for galactosaminogalactan as a pivotal bifunctional virulence factor in the pathogenesis of invasive aspergillosis. ..
- Serrano I, McDonald P, Lock F, Muller W, Dedhar S. Inactivation of the Hippo tumour suppressor pathway by integrin-linked kinase. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2976 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate a role for ILK as a multiple receptor proximal regulator of Hippo tumour suppressor pathway and as a cancer therapeutic target. ..
- McCuaig K, Turbide C, Beauchemin N. mmCGM1a: a mouse carcinoembryonic antigen gene family member, generated by alternative splicing, functions as an adhesion molecule. Cell Growth Differ. 1992;3:165-74 pubmed
- Sebastiani G, Durocher D, Gros P, Nemer M, Malo D. Localization of the Catf1 transcription factor gene to mouse chromosome 19. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:147-8 pubmed
- Lipari F, Herscovics A. Role of the cysteine residues in the alpha1,2-mannosidase involved in N-glycan biosynthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. The conserved Cys340 and Cys385 residues form an essential disulfide bond. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:27615-22 pubmed..Since Cys340 and Cys385 are conserved residues, it is likely that this disulfide bond is important to maintain the correct structure in the other members of the alpha1, 2-mannosidase family. ..
- Toulouse A, Morin J, Pelletier M, Bradley W. Structure of the human retinoic acid receptor beta 1 gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996;1309:1-4 pubmed..The 5' end of the mouse cDNA has been mapped to a 67 bp CT repeat which is absent in our sequences. We were also unable to find evidence for a human isoform RAR beta 3 which is widely expressed in mouse tissues. ..
- Grover J, Roughley P. Characterization and expression of murine PRELP. Matrix Biol. 2001;20:555-64 pubmed