Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on lipopolysaccharides in Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Locale: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
- Lambert C, Ase A, Séguéla P, Antel J. Distinct migratory and cytokine responses of human microglia and macrophages to ATP. Brain Behav Immun. 2010;24:1241-8 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the importance of environmental signals in shaping the properties of the innate immune response to injury in the CNS. ..
- Bowyer A, Baardsnes J, Ajamian E, Zhang L, Cygler M. Characterization of interactions between LPS transport proteins of the Lpt system. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;404:1093-8 pubmed publisher..That no interaction between LptA and LptE has been observed supports the theory that LptA binds LptD in the LptDE homodimeric complex at the outer membrane. ..
- Préfontaine D, Banville Langelier A, Fiset P, Guay J, An J, Mazer M, et al. Children with atopic histories exhibit impaired lipopolysaccharide-induced Toll-like receptor-4 signalling in peripheral monocytes. Clin Exp Allergy. 2010;40:1648-57 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that a history of atopic disease is associated with impaired TLR-4-mediated innate immune function compared with non-atopic children. ..
- Nouel D, Burt M, Zhang Y, Harvey L, Boksa P. Prenatal exposure to bacterial endotoxin reduces the number of GAD67- and reelin-immunoreactive neurons in the hippocampus of rat offspring. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2012;22:300-7 pubmed publisher..These findings support the idea that prenatal infection can cause reductions in postnatal expression of GAD67 and reelin, and in this way, possibly contribute to the pathophysiology of schizophrenia or autism. ..
- Barreiro E, Gea J, Di Falco M, Kriazhev L, James S, Hussain S. Protein carbonyl formation in the diaphragm. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2005;32:9-17 pubmed..We conclude that glycolysis, ATP production, CO2 hydration, and contractile proteins are targeted by oxygen radicals inside the diaphragm during sepsis. ..
- Moquin A, Hutter E, Choi A, Khatchadourian A, Castonguay A, Winnik F, et al. Caspase-1 activity in microglia stimulated by pro-inflammagen nanocrystals. ACS Nano. 2013;7:9585-98 pubmed publisher..The results from these studies highlight how the unique properties of QDs can be used to create versatile biotools in the study of inflammation in real time in vivo. ..
- Viau C, Le Sage V, Ting D, Gross J, Le Moual H. Absence of PmrAB-mediated phosphoethanolamine modifications of Citrobacter rodentium lipopolysaccharide affects outer membrane integrity. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:2168-76 pubmed publisher..This study attributes a new role for PmrAB-mediated pEtN LPS modifications in the maintenance of C. rodentium OM integrity. ..
- Martino G, Perkins M. Tactile-induced ultrasonic vocalization in the rat: a novel assay to assess anti-migraine therapies in vivo. Cephalalgia. 2008;28:723-33 pubmed publisher..This profile of activity of agents proven to be effective in the clinic suggests this model can be used to predict novel therapeutic agents for migraine. ..
- Filion M, Filion B, Reader S, Menard S, Phillips N. Modulation of interleukin-12 synthesis by DNA lacking the CpG motif and present in a mycobacterial cell wall complex. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2000;49:325-34 pubmed
- Courtois F, Seidman E, Delvin E, Asselin C, Bernotti S, Ledoux M, et al. Membrane peroxidation by lipopolysaccharide and iron-ascorbate adversely affects Caco-2 cell function: beneficial role of butyric acid. Am J Clin Nutr. 2003;77:744-50 pubmed..Bacterial endotoxin and prooxidants may overwhelm antioxidant defenses and become deleterious to enterocyte function, whereas butyric acid and BHT may provide antioxidant protection. ..
- Lagneux C, Lamontagne D. Involvement of cannabinoids in the cardioprotection induced by lipopolysaccharide. Br J Pharmacol. 2001;132:793-6 pubmed..Our results suggest an involvement of endocannabinoids, acting through the CB2 receptors, in the cardioprotection triggered by LPS against myocardial ischaemia. This could be attributed to a relationship between cannabinoids and NO. ..
- Cui K, Ashdown H, Luheshi G, Boksa P. Effects of prenatal immune activation on hippocampal neurogenesis in the rat. Schizophr Res. 2009;113:288-97 pubmed publisher..This indicates that deficits in neurogenesis caused by prenatal LPS are not mediated by LPS-induced fever or eicosanoid induction, but could be mediated by LPS-induced increases in maternal cytokines or corticosterone. ..
- Baba N, Samson S, Bourdet Sicard R, Rubio M, Sarfati M. Selected commensal-related bacteria and Toll-like receptor 3 agonist combinatorial codes synergistically induce interleukin-12 production by dendritic cells to trigger a T helper type 1 polarizing programme. Immunology. 2009;128:e523-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, in vivo DC targeting with selective probiotics may improve strategies for the management of enteric diseases. ..
- Boncoeur E, Tardif V, Tessier M, Morneau F, Lavoie J, Gendreau Berthiaume E, et al. Modulation of epithelial sodium channel activity by lipopolysaccharide in alveolar type II cells: involvement of purinergic signaling. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2010;298:L417-26 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings demonstrate an important role of extracellular ATP signaling in the response of epithelial cells to LPS. ..
- Inoue W, Poole S, Bristow A, Luheshi G. Leptin induces cyclooxygenase-2 via an interaction with interleukin-1beta in the rat brain. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;24:2233-45 pubmed
- Laplante P, Fuentes R, Salem D, Subang R, Gillis M, Hachem A, et al. Antiphospholipid antibody-mediated effects in an arterial model of thrombosis are dependent on Toll-like receptor 4. Lupus. 2016;25:162-76 pubmed publisher..The activation of TLR4 in aPL-positive individuals may be required to trigger thrombotic events. ..
- Lapointe S, Brkovic A, Cloutier I, Tanguay J, Arm J, Sirois M. Group V secreted phospholipase A2 contributes to LPS-induced leukocyte recruitment. J Cell Physiol. 2010;224:127-34 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate the role of sPLA(2)-V in LPS-induced ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 protein overexpression and leukocyte recruitment, supporting the contribution of sPLA(2)-V in the development of inflammatory innate immune responses. ..
- Boncoeur E, Bouvet G, Migneault F, Tardif V, Ferraro P, Radzioch D, et al. Induction of nitric oxide synthase expression by lipopolysaccharide is mediated by calcium-dependent PKC?-?1 in alveolar epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2013;305:L175-84 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings demonstrate that iNOS expression is highly modulated in alveolar epithelial cells by LPS via a Ca²?/PKC?-?1 pathway independent of ATP signaling. ..
- Spicer J, McDonald B, Cools Lartigue J, Chow S, Giannias B, Kubes P, et al. Neutrophils promote liver metastasis via Mac-1-mediated interactions with circulating tumor cells. Cancer Res. 2012;72:3919-27 pubmed publisher..The adhesion of lipopolysaccharide-activated neutrophils to cancer cells was mediated by neutrophil Mac-1/ICAM-1. Our findings, therefore, show a novel role for neutrophils in the early adhesive steps of liver metastasis. ..
- Precourt L, Seidman E, Delvin E, Amre D, Deslandres C, Dominguez M, et al. Comparative expression analysis reveals differences in the regulation of intestinal paraoxonase family members. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2009;41:1628-37 pubmed publisher..Our findings also suggest that both NF-kappaB pathway and lipid peroxidation are implicated in LPS-dependent diminution of PON2. ..
- Owen D, Narayan N, Wells L, Healy L, Smyth E, Rabiner E, et al. Pro-inflammatory activation of primary microglia and macrophages increases 18â€‰kDa translocator protein expression in rodents but not humans. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2017;37:2679-2690 pubmed publisher..They are also clinically relevant for the interpretation of PET studies using TSPO targeting radioligands, as they suggest changes in TSPO expression may reflect microglial and macrophage density rather than activation phenotype. ..
- Nadeau Vallée M, Chin P, Belarbi L, Brien M, Pundir S, Berryer M, et al. Antenatal Suppression of IL-1 Protects against Inflammation-Induced Fetal Injury and Improves Neonatal and Developmental Outcomes in Mice. J Immunol. 2017;198:2047-2062 pubmed publisher..10 treatment. The results implicate IL-1 as an important driver of neonatal morbidity in PTB and identify 101.10 as a safe and effective candidate therapeutic. ..
- Heinonen K, Dubé N, Bourdeau A, Lapp W, Tremblay M. Protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B negatively regulates macrophage development through CSF-1 signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:2776-81 pubmed..Collectively, our data indicate that PTP-1B is an important modulator of myeloid differentiation and macrophage activation in vivo and provide a demonstration of a physiological role for PTP-1B in immune regulation. ..
- Thuraisingam T, Xu Y, Moisan J, Lachance C, Garnon J, Di Marco S, et al. Distinct role of MAPKAPK-2 in the regulation of TNF gene expression by Toll-like receptor 7 and 9 ligands. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:3482-91 pubmed..Overall, these data provide insight into distinct molecular mechanisms of gene expression regulation by different Toll-like receptor ligands. ..
- Fielhaber J, Carroll S, Dydensborg A, Shourian M, Triantafillopoulos A, Harel S, et al. Inhibition of mammalian target of rapamycin augments lipopolysaccharide-induced lung injury and apoptosis. J Immunol. 2012;188:4535-42 pubmed publisher..Therefore, although it inhibits NF-?B and neutrophilic inflammation, rapamycin augments LPS-induced lung injury and apoptosis in a mechanism that involves STAT1 and the induction of STAT1-dependent apoptosis genes. ..
- Denis M, Furtos A, Dudonné S, Montoudis A, Garofalo C, Desjardins Y, et al. Apple peel polyphenols and their beneficial actions on oxidative stress and inflammation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53725 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence of the capacity of DAPP to reduce OxS and inflammation, two pivotal processes involved in inflammatory bowel diseases. ..
- Li L, Roumeliotis N, Sawamura T, Renier G. C-reactive protein enhances LOX-1 expression in human aortic endothelial cells: relevance of LOX-1 to C-reactive protein-induced endothelial dysfunction. Circ Res. 2004;95:877-83 pubmed..We conclude that CRP enhances endothelial LOX-1 expression and propose a new mechanism by which CRP may promote endothelial dysfunction, that of inducing LOX-1. ..
- Qureshi S, Gros P, Malo D. The Lps locus: genetic regulation of host responses to bacterial lipopolysaccharide. Inflamm Res. 1999;48:613-20 pubmed..Discovery of the molecular basis of the Lps mutation represents a significant advance in defining the fundamental mechanisms of cellular activation by LPS. ..
- Heinonen K, Nestel F, Newell E, Charette G, Seemayer T, Tremblay M, et al. T-cell protein tyrosine phosphatase deletion results in progressive systemic inflammatory disease. Blood. 2004;103:3457-64 pubmed..These results identify T-cell protein tyrosine phosphatase as a key modulator of inflammatory signals and macrophage function. ..
- Yang L, Zhao T, Shi X, Nakhaei P, Wang Y, Sun Q, et al. Functional analysis of a dominant negative mutation of interferon regulatory factor 5. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5500 pubmed publisher..The functional characterization of the novel IRF-5 mutant in transformed B and T cell lines and in ATL and CLL patients may lead to a better understanding of the role of these transcriptional regulators in hematopoietic malignancies. ..
- Rummel C, Matsumura K, Luheshi G. Circulating IL-6 contributes to peripheral LPS-induced mPGES-1 expression in the rat brain. Brain Res Bull. 2011;86:319-25 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have clearly shown that circulating IL-6 can directly induce mPGES-1 linked to STAT3-activation in the brain but not peripheral tissues of rats during localised peripheral inflammation. ..
- Tormo A, Meliani Y, Beaupré L, Sharma M, Fritz J, Elson G, et al. The composite cytokine p28/cytokine-like factor 1 sustains B cell proliferation and promotes plasma cell differentiation. J Immunol. 2013;191:1657-65 pubmed publisher..p28/CLF therefore has the potential to contribute to B and plasma cell function, differentiation, and proliferation in normal and pathological conditions such as Castelman's disease and multiple myeloma. ..
- Qureshi S, Gros P, Malo D. Host resistance to infection: genetic control of lipopolysaccharide responsiveness by TOLL-like receptor genes. Trends Genet. 1999;15:291-4 pubmed..Tlr4 is a member of an ancient gene family that regulates antimicrobial host defense in plants, invertebrates and mammals. ..
- Haglund L, Bernier S, Onnerfjord P, Recklies A. Proteomic analysis of the LPS-induced stress response in rat chondrocytes reveals induction of innate immune response components in articular cartilage. Matrix Biol. 2008;27:107-18 pubmed..This could influence the erosive processes leading to cartilage degeneration as well as the repair of damaged matrix. ..
- Rummel C, Inoue W, Sachot C, Poole S, Hübschle T, Luheshi G. Selective contribution of interleukin-6 and leptin to brain inflammatory signals induced by systemic LPS injection in mice. J Comp Neurol. 2008;511:373-95 pubmed publisher..The physiological significance of leptin's action on meningeal and endothelial cells remains to be clarified but might reflect a role in LPS-induced immune cell infiltration into the brain. ..
- Xanthos D, Kumar N, Theodorsson E, Coderre T. The roles of nerve growth factor and cholecystokinin in the enhancement of morphine analgesia in a rodent model of central nervous system inflammation. Neuropharmacology. 2009;56:684-91 pubmed publisher..We suggest that in intrathecally LPS-treated rats, spinal CCK release is altered resulting in enhanced morphine analgesia, and that this mechanism may be regulated to an important extent by NGF. ..
- Layoun A, Huang H, Calvé A, Santos M. Toll-like receptor signal adaptor protein MyD88 is required for sustained endotoxin-induced acute hypoferremic response in mice. Am J Pathol. 2012;180:2340-50 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that targeting specific TLR signaling pathways by affecting the function of adaptor molecules may provide new strategies to counteract iron sequestration within macrophages during inflammation. ..
- Qureshi S, Lariviere L, Leveque G, Clermont S, Moore K, Gros P, et al. Endotoxin-tolerant mice have mutations in Toll-like receptor 4 (Tlr4). J Exp Med. 1999;189:615-25 pubmed..Identification of distinct mutations involving the same gene at the Lps locus in two different hyporesponsive inbred mouse strains strongly supports the hypothesis that altered Tlr4 function is responsible for endotoxin tolerance. ..
- Young K, Nzula S, Burt D, Ward B. Immunologic characterization of a novel inactivated nasal mumps virus vaccine adjuvanted with Protollin. Vaccine. 2014;32:238-45 pubmed publisher..32NU/mL, 8?gMuV-Prl vs. 8?gMuV, p<0.001). Thus, nasal MuV-Prl vaccines are fairly well-tolerated and highly immunogenic in mice. ..
- Zhao E, Ilyas G, Cingolani F, Choi J, Ravenelle F, Tanaka K, et al. Pentamidine blocks hepatotoxic injury in mice. Hepatology. 2017;66:922-935 pubmed publisher..VLX103 effectively decreases toxin-induced liver injury in mice and may be an effective therapy for this and other forms of human liver disease. (Hepatology 2017;66:922-935). ..
- Everts B, Amiel E, Huang S, Smith A, Chang C, Lam W, et al. TLR-driven early glycolytic reprogramming via the kinases TBK1-IKK? supports the anabolic demands of dendritic cell activation. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:323-32 pubmed publisher..In summary, we identified the rapid induction of glycolysis as an integral component of TLR signaling that is essential for the anabolic demands of the activation and function of DCs. ..
- Yuan X, Cao J, Liu T, Li Y, Scannapieco F, He X, et al. Regulators of G protein signaling 12 promotes osteoclastogenesis in bone remodeling and pathological bone loss. Cell Death Differ. 2015;22:2046-57 pubmed publisher..Thus our findings demonstrate that Rgs12 is an important regulator in OC differentiation and function and identify Rgs12 as a potential therapeutic target for osteoporosis and inflammation-induced bone loss. ..
- Amyot J, Semache M, Ferdaoussi M, Fontes G, Poitout V. Lipopolysaccharides impair insulin gene expression in isolated islets of Langerhans via Toll-Like Receptor-4 and NF-?B signalling. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36200 pubmed publisher..In this study, we tested the hypothesis that LPS alters insulin gene expression via TLR4 and nuclear factor kappa-light-chain-enhancer of activated B cells (NF-?B) in islets...
- Qureshi S, Lariviere L, Sebastiani G, Clermont S, Skamene E, Gros P, et al. A high-resolution map in the chromosomal region surrounding the Lps locus. Genomics. 1996;31:283-94 pubmed..The localization of the Lps locus is several centimorgans proximal to that previously assigned. ..
- Lambert C, Desbarats J, Arbour N, Hall J, Olivier A, Bar Or A, et al. Dendritic cell differentiation signals induce anti-inflammatory properties in human adult microglia. J Immunol. 2008;181:8288-97 pubmed..Moreover, such treatment, especially of adult microglia, induces functional responses that could promote an antiinflammatory environment in the CNS. ..
- de Léséleuc L, Orlova M, Cobat A, Girard M, Huong N, Ba N, et al. PARK2 mediates interleukin 6 and monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 production by human macrophages. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2013;7:e2015 pubmed publisher..leprae sonicate triggered CCL2 and IL6 transcript levels in whole blood assays. These results associated genetically controlled changes in the production of MCP-1/CCL2 and IL-6 with known leprosy susceptibility factors. ..
- Ferguson A, Hofmann E, Coulton J, Diederichs K, Welte W. Siderophore-mediated iron transport: crystal structure of FhuA with bound lipopolysaccharide. Science. 1998;282:2215-20 pubmed..Sequence homologies and mutagenesis data are used to propose a structural mechanism for TonB-dependent siderophore-mediated transport across the outer membrane...
- Servant M, Grandvaux N, tenOever B, Duguay D, Lin R, Hiscott J. Identification of the minimal phosphoacceptor site required for in vivo activation of interferon regulatory factor 3 in response to virus and double-stranded RNA. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:9441-7 pubmed..The inability of the phosphospecific antibody to detect Ser(396) phosphorylation in lipopolysaccharide-treated cells suggests that other major pathways may be involved in IRF-3 activation following Toll-like receptor 4 stimulation. ..
- Khatchadourian A, Bourque S, Richard V, Titorenko V, Maysinger D. Dynamics and regulation of lipid droplet formation in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-stimulated microglia. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1821:607-17 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings imply that LD formation and perilipin-2 induction could be microglial biomarkers of inflammation in the central nervous system. ..
- Govoni G, Gauthier S, Billia F, Iscove N, Gros P. Cell-specific and inducible Nramp1 gene expression in mouse macrophages in vitro and in vivo. J Leukoc Biol. 1997;62:277-86 pubmed..Finally, the patterns of constitutive and inducible expression of Nramp1 have been compared to those of the inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) gene in the same cells. ..
- Lachance C, Wojewodka G, Skinner T, Guilbault C, De Sanctis J, Radzioch D. Fenretinide corrects the imbalance between omega-6 to omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and inhibits macrophage inflammatory mediators via the ERK pathway. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74875 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study shows for the first time that 4HPR modulates inflammatory cytokine expression in macrophages by correcting a phospholipid-bound fatty acid imbalance that impacts the phosphorylation of ERK1/2. ..
- Kalynych S, Valvano M, Cygler M. Polysaccharide co-polymerases: the enigmatic conductors of the O-antigen assembly orchestra. Protein Eng Des Sel. 2012;25:797-802 pubmed publisher..Here we review the current knowledge of structure and function of these polysaccharide length regulators. ..
- Cambos M, Bazinet S, Abed E, Sanchez Dardon J, Bernard C, Moreau R, et al. The IL-12p70/IL-10 interplay is differentially regulated by free heme and hemozoin in murine bone-marrow-derived macrophages. Int J Parasitol. 2010;40:1003-12 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that oxidant stress induced by free heme may potentially contribute to sustained production of IL-10 and down-regulation of IL-12 responses in malaria. ..
- Moiseeva O, Deschênes Simard X, St Germain E, Igelmann S, Huot G, Cadar A, et al. Metformin inhibits the senescence-associated secretory phenotype by interfering with IKK/NF-?B activation. Aging Cell. 2013;12:489-98 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results provide a novel mechanism for the antiaging and antineoplastic effects of metformin reported in animal models and in diabetic patients taking this drug. ..
- Cyr S, Angers I, Guillot L, Stoica Popescu I, Lussier M, Qureshi S, et al. TLR4 and MyD88 control protection and pulmonary granulocytic recruitment in a murine intranasal RSV immunization and challenge model. Vaccine. 2009;27:421-30 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that optimal immunogenicity and protection against RSV without risk of enhanced pulmonary inflammation requires intact TLR4/MyD88-dependent signalling. ..
- Saleh M, Vaillancourt J, Graham R, Huyck M, Srinivasula S, Alnemri E, et al. Differential modulation of endotoxin responsiveness by human caspase-12 polymorphisms. Nature. 2004;429:75-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, Csp12-L attenuates the inflammatory and innate immune response to endotoxins and in doing so may constitute a risk factor for developing sepsis...
- Minion J, Leung E, Talbot E, Dheda K, Pai M, Menzies D. Diagnosing tuberculosis with urine lipoarabinomannan: systematic review and meta-analysis. Eur Respir J. 2011;38:1398-405 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to evaluate the potential value of the LAM assay in individuals with advanced HIV or for diagnosis of paediatric TB. ..
- Laplante P, Amireault P, Subang R, Dieudé M, Levine J, Rauch J. Interaction of ?2-glycoprotein I with lipopolysaccharide leads to Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4)-dependent activation of macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:42494-503 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a potential new biological activity for ?(2)GPI as a protein that interacts specifically with LPS and point to the need to evaluate newly discovered endogenous TLR ligands for potential interactions with LPS. ..
- Hsu R, Chan C, Spicer J, Rousseau M, Giannias B, Rousseau S, et al. LPS-induced TLR4 signaling in human colorectal cancer cells increases beta1 integrin-mediated cell adhesion and liver metastasis. Cancer Res. 2011;71:1989-98 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that inhibiting LPS-induced TLR4 signaling could improve therapeutic outcomes by preventing cancer metastasis during the perioperative period of CRC resection. ..
- Ashdown H, Poole S, Boksa P, Luheshi G. Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist as a modulator of gender differences in the febrile response to lipopolysaccharide in rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2007;292:R1667-74 pubmed..This may be an important mechanism that protects the developing fetus from potentially deleterious consequences of maternal fever during pregnancy. ..
- Rudkowski J, Barreiro E, Harfouche R, Goldberg P, Kishta O, D Orléans Juste P, et al. Roles of iNOS and nNOS in sepsis-induced pulmonary apoptosis. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2004;286:L793-800 pubmed..By comparison, genetic deletion of the neuronal NOS had no effect on LPS-induced pulmonary apoptosis. We conclude that NO derived from iNOS plays an important protective role against sepsis-induced pulmonary apoptosis. ..
- Ferri L, Chia S, Benay C, Giannias B, Christou N. L-selectin shedding in sepsis limits leukocyte mediated microvascular injury at remote sites. Surgery. 2009;145:384-91 pubmed publisher..Failure to shed L-selectin may increase leukocyte-mediated end-organ injury in septic patients. ..
- Sharif Askari E, Vassen L, Kosan C, Khandanpour C, Gaudreau M, Heyd F, et al. Zinc finger protein Gfi1 controls the endotoxin-mediated Toll-like receptor inflammatory response by antagonizing NF-kappaB p65. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3929-42 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify a new function of Gfi1 as a general negative regulator of the endotoxin-initiated innate immune responses, including septic shock and possibly other severe inflammatory diseases. ..
- Panetta R, Guo Y, Magder S, Greenwood M. Regulators of G-protein signaling (RGS) 1 and 16 are induced in response to bacterial lipopolysaccharide and stimulate c-fos promoter expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;259:550-6 pubmed..This suggests that RGSs play a role in promoting the sepsis-mediated increases in the activation of intracellular signal transduction pathways. ..
- Hussain S, Matar G, Barreiro E, Florian M, Divangahi M, Vassilakopoulos T. Modifications of proteins by 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal in the ventilatory muscles of rats. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2006;290:L996-1003 pubmed..We conclude that lipid peroxidation products may inhibit muscle contractile performance through selective targeting of enzymes involved in glycolysis, energy production as well as CO(2) hydration...
- Ma W, Dumont Y, Vercauteren F, Quirion R. Lipopolysaccharide induces calcitonin gene-related peptide in the RAW264.7 macrophage cell line. Immunology. 2010;130:399-409 pubmed publisher..Inflammation-induced CGRP has a positive or negative reciprocal effect on the production of other pro- and anti-inflammatory mediators. Thereby CGRP plays both facilitating and suppressing roles in immune and inflammatory responses. ..
- Bernier L, Ase A, Boué Grabot E, Séguéla P. Inhibition of P2X4 function by P2Y6 UDP receptors in microglia. Glia. 2013;61:2038-49 pubmed publisher..As extracellular levels of both ATP and UDP are increased in the spinal cord following nerve injury, the control of P2X4 activity by P2Y6 might play a critical role in regulating neuropathic pain-inducing microglial responses. ..
- Bagu E, Layoun A, Calvé A, Santos M. Friend of GATA and GATA-6 modulate the transcriptional up-regulation of hepcidin in hepatocytes during inflammation. Biometals. 2013;26:1051-65 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that during inflammation GATA-6 is up-regulated in concert with hepcidin while GATA-4 and FOG (1 and 2) are repressed. ..
- Raouf R, Chabot Doré A, Ase A, Blais D, Séguéla P. Differential regulation of microglial P2X4 and P2X7 ATP receptors following LPS-induced activation. Neuropharmacology. 2007;53:496-504 pubmed
- Huang H, Constante M, Layoun A, Santos M. Contribution of STAT3 and SMAD4 pathways to the regulation of hepcidin by opposing stimuli. Blood. 2009;113:3593-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings also suggest that erythropoietic drive can inhibit both inflammatory and iron-sensing pathways, at least in part, via the suppression of STAT3 and SMAD4 signaling in vivo. ..