Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Locale: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Publications621 found, 100 shown here
- Dowling R, Pollak M, Sonenberg N. Current status and challenges associated with targeting mTOR for cancer therapy. BioDrugs. 2009;23:77-91 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize the use of sirolimus derivatives in clinical trials and address some of the challenges associated with targeting mTOR for the treatment of human cancer. ..
- Barolet D, Boucher A. Radiant near infrared light emitting Diode exposure as skin preparation to enhance photodynamic therapy inflammatory type acne treatment outcome. Lasers Surg Med. 2010;42:171-8 pubmed publisher..Pre-PDT radiant IR LED exposure appears to be a promising method to enhance PDT efficacy for the treatment of acne lesions. ..
- Almog B, Shehata F, Sheizaf B, Tan S, Tulandi T. Effects of ovarian endometrioma on the number of oocytes retrieved for in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril. 2011;95:525-7 pubmed publisher..2 ± 1.4 and 11.4 ± 0.5, respectively). The presence of ovarian endometrioma in a controlled ovarian hyperstimulation cycle for IVF treatment is not associated with a reduced number of oocytes retrieved from the affected ovary. ..
- Babayeva S, Zilber Y, Torban E. Planar cell polarity pathway regulates actin rearrangement, cell shape, motility, and nephrin distribution in podocytes. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011;300:F549-60 pubmed publisher..Our observations indicate that PCP signaling may play an important role both in podocyte development and FP cytoskeleton dynamics. ..
- Pastinen T. Genome-wide allele-specific analysis: insights into regulatory variation. Nat Rev Genet. 2010;11:533-8 pubmed publisher..The emerging data is providing exciting opportunities for comprehensive characterization of the allele-specific events that govern human gene regulation. ..
- Bonnin C. Navigating fieldwork politics, practicalities and ethics in the upland borderlands of northern Vietnam. Asia Pac Viewp. 2010;51:179-92 pubmed..These relationships furthered my anxiety over the possibilities for conducting research that ultimately contributes towards social justice in a constrained political setting such as that which presently characterises Vietnam. ..
- Solis M, Nakhaei P, Jalalirad M, Lacoste J, Douville R, Arguello M, et al. RIG-I-mediated antiviral signaling is inhibited in HIV-1 infection by a protease-mediated sequestration of RIG-I. J Virol. 2011;85:1224-36 pubmed publisher..This study reveals a novel PR-dependent mechanism employed by HIV-1 to counteract the early IFN response to viral RNA in infected cells. ..
- Lachance Touchette P, Brown P, Meloche C, Kinirons P, Lapointe L, Lacasse H, et al. Novel ?1 and ?2 GABAA receptor subunit mutations in families with idiopathic generalized epilepsy. Eur J Neurosci. 2011;34:237-49 pubmed publisher..Further experimentation will be required to understand how this mutation contributes to the occurrence of IGE in these individuals. ..
- Coussa R, Kim J, Traboulsi E. Choroideremia: effect of age on visual acuity in patients and female carriers. Ophthalmic Genet. 2012;33:66-73 pubmed publisher..We undertook this study to quantitate the change in visual acuity (VA) over time in order to gain a better understanding of the natural course of this retinal disorder...
- Galicia Vázquez G, Cencic R, Robert F, Agenor A, Pelletier J. A cellular response linking eIF4AI activity to eIF4AII transcription. RNA. 2012;18:1373-84 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that eIF4AI and eIF4AII expression appear linked and that the two protein isoforms exhibit functional differences. ..
- Pettigrew M, Garces K, Deuson R, Kassis J, Laroche V. Comparative net cost impact of the utilization of romiplostim and intravenous immunoglobulin for the treatment of patients with immune thrombocytopenia in Québec, Canada. J Med Econ. 2013;16:318-26 pubmed publisher..Romiplostim can allow for improved healthcare resource allocation by reserving IVIg for use in other areas of greater need while also providing cost savings for the overall provincial healthcare budget. ..
- Bureau N. Calcific tendinopathy of the shoulder. Semin Musculoskelet Radiol. 2013;17:80-4 pubmed publisher..The outcome and the available treatment modalities for this common shoulder disorder are also examined, emphasizing the technique of percutaneous lavage and aspiration under ultrasound guidance. ..
- Hosseinidoust Z, van de ven T, Tufenkji N. Evolution of Pseudomonas aeruginosa virulence as a result of phage predation. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2013;79:6110-6 pubmed publisher..aeruginosa following phage predation and highlight the need for caution in the selection and design of phages and phage cocktails for therapeutic use. ..
- Sawh A, Duchaine T. A truncated form of dicer tilts the balance of RNA interference pathways. Cell Rep. 2013;4:454-63 pubmed publisher..Our results unveil a surprising role for a truncated form of DCR-1 in the modulation of multiple RNAi activities and in the regulation of mechanistic boundaries between pathways. ..
- Quan Y, Xu H, Wainberg M. Defective HIV-1 quasispecies in the form of multiply drug-resistant proviral DNA within cells can be rescued by superinfection with different subtype variants of HIV-1 and by HIV-2 and SIV. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2014;69:21-7 pubmed publisher..We then wished to determine whether such rescue could be affected by viruses of different subtypes or even by other members of the retrovirus family...
- Tannenbaum C, Martin P, Tamblyn R, Benedetti A, Ahmed S. Reduction of inappropriate benzodiazepine prescriptions among older adults through direct patient education: the EMPOWER cluster randomized trial. JAMA Intern Med. 2014;174:890-8 pubmed publisher..Direct-to-consumer education effectively elicits shared decision making around the overuse of medications that increase the risk of harm in older adults. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT01148186. ..
- Islam M, Gagnon A. Use of reproductive health care services among urban migrant women in Bangladesh. BMC Womens Health. 2016;16:15 pubmed publisher..Pro-actively identifying migrant women, especially those who originated from villages or migrated for work or education may be warranted to ensure optimal use of pregnancy-related services. ..
- Kazanets A, Shorstova T, Hilmi K, Marques M, Witcher M. Epigenetic silencing of tumor suppressor genes: Paradigms, puzzles, and potential. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1865:275-88 pubmed publisher..The strengths and weaknesses of each proposed mechanism is highlighted, followed by an overview of clinical efforts to target these processes. ..
- Mullie G, Schwartzman K, Zwerling A, N Diaye D. Revisiting annual screening for latent tuberculosis infection in healthcare workers: a cost-effectiveness analysis. BMC Med. 2017;15:104 pubmed publisher..For most North American healthcare workers, annual tuberculosis screening appears poorly cost-effective. Reconsideration of screening practices is warranted. ..
- Shrier I, Pang M, Platt R. Graphic report of the results from propensity score method analyses. J Clin Epidemiol. 2017;88:154-159 pubmed publisher..Our proposed techniques present additional and useful information that helps readers understand the sample that is analyzed with propensity score methods and whether effect heterogeneity is present. ..
- Granger D, Marsolais M, Burry J, Laprade R. V-type H+-ATPase in the human eccrine sweat duct: immunolocalization and functional demonstration. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2002;282:C1454-60 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that a V-ATPase is involved in proton secretion in the human eccrine SD. ..
- Lozeva V, Tuomisto L, Tarhanen J, Butterworth R. Increased concentrations of histamine and its metabolite, tele-methylhistamine and down-regulation of histamine H3 receptor sites in autopsied brain tissue from cirrhotic patients who died in hepatic coma. J Hepatol. 2003;39:522-7 pubmed
- Vezina Y, Bujold E, Varin J, Marquette G, Boucher M. Cesarean delivery after successful external cephalic version of breech presentation at term: a comparative study. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004;190:763-8 pubmed..04; 95% CI, 1.13-3.68; multiparous: odds ratio, 4.30; 95% CI, 1.76-10.54). The rate of cesarean delivery for dystocia is increased after a successful trial of external cephalic version in both nulliparous and multiparous women. ..
- Hauber H, Tsicopoulos A, Wallaert B, Griffin S, McElvaney N, Daigneault P, et al. Expression of HCLCA1 in cystic fibrosis lungs is associated with mucus overproduction. Eur Respir J. 2004;23:846-50 pubmed
- Hendry A, Grant P, Rosemary Grant B, Ford H, Brewer M, Podos J. Possible human impacts on adaptive radiation: beak size bimodality in Darwin's finches. Proc Biol Sci. 2006;273:1887-94 pubmed..Human activities may negatively impact diversification in 'young' adaptive radiations, perhaps by altering adaptive landscapes...
- Qu H, Lawrence S, Guo F, Majewski J, Polychronakos C. Strand bias in complementary single-nucleotide polymorphisms of transcribed human sequences: evidence for functional effects of synonymous polymorphisms. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:213 pubmed..non-CpG site FFD SNPs. ..
- Jass J. Colorectal cancer: a multipathway disease. Crit Rev Oncog. 2006;12:273-87 pubmed..CRC comprises subgroups with particular clinical, pathological, and molecular features. ..
- De Beaumont L, Brisson B, Lassonde M, Jolicoeur P. Long-term electrophysiological changes in athletes with a history of multiple concussions. Brain Inj. 2007;21:631-44 pubmed..This event-related potentials study investigated the long-term effects associated with a history of one or multiple concussions on the N2pc and P3 components using a visual search oddball paradigm...
- Chen J, Penhune V, Zatorre R. Moving on time: brain network for auditory-motor synchronization is modulated by rhythm complexity and musical training. J Cogn Neurosci. 2008;20:226-39 pubmed publisher..We argue that the superior ability of musicians to deconstruct and organize a rhythm's temporal structure relates to the greater involvement of the prefrontal cortex mediating working memory. ..
- Agdi M, Tulandi T. Placement and removal of abdominal cerclage by laparoscopy. Reprod Biomed Online. 2008;16:308-10 pubmed..She delivered the following day. This is the first reported laparoscopic abdominal cerclage and its removal by laparoscopy at 19 weeks of gestation. ..
- Beaudet V, Williams S, Tetreault P, Perrault M. Perioperative interscalene block versus intra-articular injection of local anesthetics for postoperative analgesia in shoulder surgery. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2008;33:134-8 pubmed publisher..This benefit does not translate into lower overall pain for the first 24 hours after surgery. ..
- Farivar R, Blanke O, Chaudhuri A. Dorsal-ventral integration in the recognition of motion-defined unfamiliar faces. J Neurosci. 2009;29:5336-42 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that such cues are sufficient to drive unfamiliar face recognition in normal participants and that ventral stream areas are necessary for both identification and learning of unfamiliar faces from SFM cues. ..
- Massicotte L, Perrault M, Denault A, Klinck J, Beaulieu D, Roy J, et al. Effects of phlebotomy and phenylephrine infusion on portal venous pressure and systemic hemodynamics during liver transplantation. Transplantation. 2010;89:920-7 pubmed publisher..The changes in TMF E velocity correlated well with the changes in CO, PAP, and PCWP during liver transplantation but not with the changes in CVP. ..
- Hoemann C, Chen G, Marchand C, Tran Khanh N, Thibault M, Chevrier A, et al. Scaffold-guided subchondral bone repair: implication of neutrophils and alternatively activated arginase-1+ macrophages. Am J Sports Med. 2010;38:1845-56 pubmed publisher..Alternatively activated (AA) macrophages express arginase-1, release angiogenic factors, and could be potential mediators of trabecular bone repair...
- Haddad P, Dussault S, Groleau J, Turgeon J, Maingrette F, Rivard A. Nox2-derived reactive oxygen species contribute to hypercholesterolemia-induced inhibition of neovascularization: effects on endothelial progenitor cells and mature endothelial cells. Atherosclerosis. 2011;217:340-9 pubmed publisher..The potential mechanisms involved include reduced ROS formation, preserved activation of angiogenic signals, and improved functional activities of EPCs and mature endothelial cells. ..
- Eljaiek R, Dubois M. Hypoalbuminemia in the first 24h of admission is associated with organ dysfunction in burned patients. Burns. 2013;39:113-8 pubmed publisher..We assessed whether hypoalbuminemia in the first 24h of admission is associated with organ dysfunction in patients with severe burns...
- Shechter A, Lesperance P, Ng Ying Kin N, Boivin D. Nocturnal polysomnographic sleep across the menstrual cycle in premenstrual dysphoric disorder. Sleep Med. 2012;13:1071-8 pubmed publisher..Results also suggest an altered homeostatic regulation of the sleep-wake cycle in PMDD, perhaps implicating melatonin in the homeostatic process of sleep-wake regulation. ..
- Wartelle Bladou C, Le Folgoc G, Bourliere M, Lecomte L. Hepatitis C therapy in non-genotype 1 patients: the near future. J Viral Hepat. 2012;19:525-36 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this article is to provide an overview of the clinical results recently reported for the treatment for non-GT-1 HCV infection with a focus on the most promising new compounds and combinations. ..
- Beaudry C, Lavoue J, Sauvé J, Bégin D, Senhaji Rhazi M, Perrault G, et al. Occupational exposure to silica in construction workers: a literature-based exposure database. J Occup Environ Hyg. 2013;10:71-7 pubmed publisher..It is available on request to the research community. ..
- Chen H, Anstrom K, Givertz M, Stevenson L, Semigran M, Goldsmith S, et al. Low-dose dopamine or low-dose nesiritide in acute heart failure with renal dysfunction: the ROSE acute heart failure randomized trial. JAMA. 2013;310:2533-43 pubmed publisher..clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT01132846. ..
- Prevost M, Debruille J. [« Co-occurrence of religious, superstitious, and delusional-like beliefs »]. Sante Ment Que. 2013;38:279-96 pubmed..However, delusion-like beliefs were only partially linked to religious beliefs. Therefore, their relation to religious beliefs remains ambiguous. ..
- Abualsaud A, Freixa X, Tzikas A, Chan J, Garceau P, Basmadjian A, et al. Side-by-Side Comparison of LAA Occlusion Performance With the Amplatzer Cardiac Plug and Amplatzer Amulet. J Invasive Cardiol. 2016;28:34-8 pubmed..01). In this initial series, the Amulet showed similar procedural and short-term clinical outcomes compared with the ACP. The Amulet was, however, associated with a significant reduction of residual leaks at follow-up. ..
- Hooker E, Baldwin C, Roodman V, Batra A, Isa N, Takano T, et al. Binding and inhibition of the ternary complex factor Elk-4/Sap1 by the adapter protein Dok-4. Biochem J. 2017;474:1509-1528 pubmed publisher..Thus, Dok-4 can target Elk-4 activity through multiple mechanisms, including binding of the transactivation domain, nuclear exclusion and protein destabilization, without a requirement for inhibition of Erk. ..
- El Hakim M, Chauvin P. Orofacial granulomatosis presenting as persistent lip swelling: review of 6 new cases. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2004;62:1114-7 pubmed..CG seems to respond well to steroid treatment and the need for surgery is minimal and should be reserved for recalcitrant cases. ..
- Lafreniere R, Cader M, Poulin J, Andres Enguix I, Simoneau M, Gupta N, et al. A dominant-negative mutation in the TRESK potassium channel is linked to familial migraine with aura. Nat Med. 2010;16:1157-60 pubmed publisher..These results therefore support a role for TRESK in the pathogenesis of typical migraine with aura and further support the role of this channel as a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Gawri R, Mwale F, Ouellet J, Roughley P, Steffen T, Antoniou J, et al. Development of an organ culture system for long-term survival of the intact human intervertebral disc. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2011;36:1835-42 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the system is simple and economical, as no apparatus is needed to limit the detrimental effects of excessive tissue swelling. ..
- Roughley P, White R. Dermatan sulphate proteoglycans of human articular cartilage. The properties of dermatan sulphate proteoglycans I and II. Biochem J. 1989;262:823-7 pubmed..Sequence analysis of the N-terminal 20 amino acid residues reveals the presence of a single site for the potential substitution of dermatan sulphate at residue 4 of DS-PGII and two such sites at residues 5 and 10 for DS-PGI. ..
- Vidal S, Tremblay M, Govoni G, Gauthier S, Sebastiani G, Malo D, et al. The Ity/Lsh/Bcg locus: natural resistance to infection with intracellular parasites is abrogated by disruption of the Nramp1 gene. J Exp Med. 1995;182:655-66 pubmed
- Sharma K, Patel Y, Srikant C. C-terminal region of human somatostatin receptor 5 is required for induction of Rb and G1 cell cycle arrest. Mol Endocrinol. 1999;13:82-90 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the C-terminal domain of hSSTR5 is required for cytostatic signaling that is PTP dependent and leads to induction of hypophosphorylated Rb and G1 arrest. ..
- Leclerc S, Lassonde M, Delaney J, Lacroix V, Johnston K. Recommendations for grading of concussion in athletes. Sports Med. 2001;31:629-36 pubmed..Then good clinical judgement and the ability to recognise post-concussion signs and symptoms will assure that an athlete never returns to play while symptomatic...
- Savage R, Frederickson N, Goodwin R, Patni U, Smith N, Tuersley L. Evaluating current deficit theories of poor reading: role of phonological processing, naming speed, balance automaticity, rapid verbal perception and working memory. Percept Mot Skills. 2005;101:345-61 pubmed..However, effect size analysis also suggested that poor readers experienced moderate difficulties with balance automatisation but did not show verbal speech perception deficits relative to either control ..
- Brophy J, Costa V. Statin wars following coronary revascularization--evidence-based clinical practice?. Can J Cardiol. 2006;22:54-8 pubmed..Pharmaceutical companies spend enormous amounts of money on both clinical trials and marketing. The relative influence of information from clinical trials on physician prescription patterns for statins is unknown...
- Cambrosio A, Keating P, Schlich T, Weisz G. Regulatory objectivity and the generation and management of evidence in medicine. Soc Sci Med. 2006;63:189-99 pubmed
- Lefebvre J, Fan J, Chevalier S, Sullivan R, Carmona E, Manjunath P. Genomic structure and tissue-specific expression of human and mouse genes encoding homologues of the major bovine seminal plasma proteins. Mol Hum Reprod. 2007;13:45-53 pubmed..This work shows, for the first time, that BSP homologues are expressed in mouse and human and may be involved in sperm capacitation in these species. ..
- Nafidi O, Letourneau R, Willems B, Lapointe R. Reuse of liver graft from a brain dead recipient. Clin Transplant. 2007;21:773-6 pubmed..Even after OLT, brain death remains possible in FHF. In absence of contraindications, reuse of transplanted liver allows for a rational use of already rare liver grafts. ..
- Hirshberg E, Lacroix J, Sward K, Willson D, Morris A. Blood glucose control in critically ill adults and children: a survey on stated practice. Chest. 2008;133:1328-1335 pubmed publisher..A wide variation in practice exists in blood glucose targets, hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia definitions, and decision algorithms among North American adult and pediatric ICUs. ..
- Kao A, Binik Y, Kapuscinski A, Khalife S. Dyspareunia in postmenopausal women: a critical review. Pain Res Manag. 2008;13:243-54 pubmed..Past literature has almost unanimously attributed dyspareunic pain occurring during or after the menopausal transition to declining estrogen levels and vaginal atrophy...
- Hazell A. Astrocytes are a major target in thiamine deficiency and Wernicke's encephalopathy. Neurochem Int. 2009;55:129-35 pubmed publisher..In summary, a new appraisal of the extent of involvement of astrocytes in TD and WE is presented, with the evidence suggesting these cells represent a major target for damage during the disease process. ..
- Postuma R, Gagnon J, Vendette M, Montplaisir J. Idiopathic REM sleep behavior disorder in the transition to degenerative disease. Mov Disord. 2009;24:2225-32 pubmed publisher..The indistinguishability of dementia and PD in all ancillary measures suggests a single unitary "RBD-then-neurodegeneration" process, the clinical presentation of which depends upon selective neuronal vulnerability...
- Falcao S, Stoyanova E, Cloutier G, Maurice R, Gutkowska J, Lavoie J. Mice overexpressing both human angiotensinogen and human renin as a model of superimposed preeclampsia on chronic hypertension. Hypertension. 2009;54:1401-7 pubmed publisher..Because chronically hypertensive women are at risk of developing the pathology, our model reflects a clinical reality and is, thus, an excellent tool to elucidate the molecular mechanisms triggering this disease. ..
- Pluye P, Grad R, Granikov V, Jagosh J, Leung K. Evaluation of email alerts in practice: Part 1. Review of the literature on clinical emailing channels. J Eval Clin Pract. 2010;16:1227-35 pubmed publisher..Compared with existing evaluation tools, our review suggests IAM is comprehensive, generic and systematic. ..
- Stevens L, Agnihotri A, Khairy P, Torchiana D. Financial consequences of implementing a partner-in-care in cardiac surgery. Ann Thorac Surg. 2010;90:805-12 pubmed publisher..During this interval, hospital margin for cardiac operations decreased from both referral areas but decreased significantly more for coronary artery bypass graft patients from the SAT area. ..
- Pinier M, Fuhrmann G, Galipeau H, Rivard N, Murray J, David C, et al. The copolymer P(HEMA-co-SS) binds gluten and reduces immune response in gluten-sensitized mice and human tissues. Gastroenterology. 2012;142:316-25.e1-12 pubmed publisher..The copolymer P(HEMA-co-SS) reduced digestion of wheat gluten and barley hordein and attenuated the immune response to gluten in a food mixture in rodents. It might be developed to prevent or reduce gluten-induced disorders in humans. ..
- Piché C, Beland K, Lapierre P, Massie B, Alvarez F. Different sites of xenoantigen delivery lead to a virally induced late-onset hepatitis in mice through molecular mimicry. Liver Int. 2011;31:1306-14 pubmed publisher..Initial liver inflammatory injury is neither necessary, nor detrimental to the development of AIH. These results highlight the significance of initial events on the pathogenesis of autoimmune liver injury. ..
- Jalalirad M, Saadatmand J, Laughrea M. Dominant role of the 5' TAR bulge in dimerization of HIV-1 genomic RNA, but no evidence of TAR-TAR kissing during in vivo virus assembly. Biochemistry. 2012;51:3744-58 pubmed publisher..By not uncovering a dimerization mechanism intrinsic to TAR, our data suggest that TAR mutations exert their effect 3' of TAR, yet not on SL1, because TAR and SL1 mutations have synergistic effects on gRNA dimerization. ..
- Akula N, Midzak A, Lecanu L, Papadopoulos V. Identification of small-molecule inhibitors of the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (STARD1) by structure-based design. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2012;22:4139-43 pubmed publisher..The best active compounds will be optimized further and used to develop potential drugs to control excessive steroid formation. ..
- Shalom Paz E, Holzer H, Son W, Levin I, Tan S, Almog B. PCOS patients can benefit from in vitro maturation (IVM) of oocytes. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2012;165:53-6 pubmed publisher..IVM treatment for PCOS patients may be a valid alternative treatment to IVF with the advantage of eliminating the risk of OHSS and reducing the cost of medication, whilst maintaining high clinical pregnancy rate. ..
- Larochelle C, Cayrol R, Kebir H, Alvarez J, Lécuyer M, Ifergan I, et al. Melanoma cell adhesion molecule identifies encephalitogenic T lymphocytes and promotes their recruitment to the central nervous system. Brain. 2012;135:2906-24 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that MCAM could serve as a potential biomarker for multiple sclerosis and represents a valuable target for the treatment of neuroinflammatory conditions. ..
- Tormo A, Beaupré L, Elson G, Crabé S, Gauchat J. A polyglutamic acid motif confers IL-27 hydroxyapatite and bone-binding properties. J Immunol. 2013;190:2931-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these observations suggest that polyglutamic motifs could be grafted onto other type I cytokine inter-? helix loops to modify their pharmacological properties. ..
- Demers Giroux P, Bourdin B, Sauve R, Parent L. Cooperative activation of the T-type CaV3.2 channel: interaction between Domains II and III. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:29281-93 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results demonstrate that the S4-S5 and S6 helices from adjacent domains are energetically coupled during the activation of a low voltage-gated T-type CaV3 channel. ..
- Bosch F, Broker T, Forman D, Moscicki A, Gillison M, Doorbar J, et al. Comprehensive control of human papillomavirus infections and related diseases. Vaccine. 2013;31 Suppl 5:F1-31 pubmed publisher..Additional details on each subtopic and full information regarding the supporting literature references may be found in the original chapters. ..
- Malla A, Iyer S, McGorry P, Cannon M, Coughlan H, Singh S, et al. From early intervention in psychosis to youth mental health reform: a review of the evolution and transformation of mental health services for young people. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 2016;51:319-26 pubmed publisher..There is evidence that several countries are now engaged in transformation of youth mental health services and in evaluation of these initiatives. ..
- Diggle C, Sukoff Rizzo S, Popiolek M, Hinttala R, Schülke J, Kurian M, et al. Biallelic Mutations in PDE10A Lead to Loss of Striatal PDE10A and a Hyperkinetic Movement Disorder with Onset in Infancy. Am J Hum Genet. 2016;98:735-43 pubmed publisher..These observations highlight the critical role of PDE10A in motor control across species. ..
- Negro Silva L, Lemaire M, Lemarié C, Plourde D, Bolt A, Chiavatti C, et al. Effects of Inorganic Arsenic, Methylated Arsenicals, and Arsenobetaine on Atherosclerosis in the Mouse Model and the Role of As3mt-Mediated Methylation. Environ Health Perspect. 2017;125:077001 pubmed publisher..Although arsenic exposure is known to increase the risk of atherosclerosis, the contribution of arsenic methylation and As3MT remains undefined...
- Simond A, Rao T, Zuo D, Zhao J, Muller W. ErbB2-positive mammary tumors can escape PI3K-p110Î± loss through downregulation of the Pten tumor suppressor. Oncogene. 2017;36:6059-6066 pubmed publisher..These results provide insight into the molecular mechanism by which ErbB2-positive breast cancer escapes p110Î± inhibition. ..
- Methot N, Song M, Sonenberg N. A region rich in aspartic acid, arginine, tyrosine, and glycine (DRYG) mediates eukaryotic initiation factor 4B (eIF4B) self-association and interaction with eIF3. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:5328-34 pubmed..These experiments suggest that eIF4B participates in mRNA-ribosome binding by acting as an intermediary between the mRNA and eIF3, via a direct interaction with the p170 subunit of eIF3. ..
- Ruth Chaytor E. Surgical treatment of the diabetic foot. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2000;16 Suppl 1:S66-9 pubmed..In this article a short overview is given of the surgical procedures employed in the salvage of the diabetic foot with discussion of the indications and techniques...
- Monneret G, Cossette C, Gravel S, Rokach J, Powell W. 15R-methyl-prostaglandin D2 is a potent and selective CRTH2/DP2 receptor agonist in human eosinophils. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2003;304:349-55 pubmed
- Kumar U. Differential expression of Huntington's disease gene (IT15) mRNA in developing rat brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2004;128:39-47 pubmed..These results also suggest that the degree of IT15 mRNA expression is related to the neuronal population in different brain regions. ..
- Liacini A, Sylvester J, Zafarullah M. Triptolide suppresses proinflammatory cytokine-induced matrix metalloproteinase and aggrecanase-1 gene expression in chondrocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;327:320-7 pubmed..Thus, PG490 could protect cartilage from MMP- and aggrecanase-driven breakdown. The immunosuppressive, cartilage protective, and anti-inflammatory properties could make PG490 potentially a new therapeutic agent for arthritis. ..
- Li L, McVety S, Younan R, Liang P, du Sart D, Gordon P, et al. Distinct patterns of germ-line deletions in MLH1 and MSH2: the implication of Alu repetitive element in the genetic etiology of Lynch syndrome (HNPCC). Hum Mutat. 2006;27:388 pubmed..Our study suggests that Alu is a promoting factor for the genomic recombinations in both MLH1 and MSH2, and the local Alu density may be involved in shaping the deletion pattern. ..
- Mouchantaf R, Azakir B, McPherson P, Millard S, Wood S, Angers A. The ubiquitin ligase itch is auto-ubiquitylated in vivo and in vitro but is protected from degradation by interacting with the deubiquitylating enzyme FAM/USP9X. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:38738-47 pubmed..These results demonstrate an intriguing interplay between a ubiquitin ligase and a ubiquitin protease, based on direct interaction between the two proteins. ..