Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Locale: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Publications1201 found, 100 shown here
- Truong T, Aubin D, Falstrault L, Brodeur M, Brissette L. SR-BI, CD36, and caveolin-1 contribute positively to cholesterol efflux in hepatic cells. Cell Biochem Funct. 2010;28:480-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results show that SR-BI is clearly involved in cholesterol efflux in mouse and human hepatic cells, while CD36 plays a significant role in human cells. ..
- Hess R, Mansouri B, Thompson B. A new binocular approach to the treatment of amblyopia in adults well beyond the critical period of visual development. Restor Neurol Neurosci. 2010;28:793-802 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, in a majority of patients tested, stereoscopic function is established. This provides the basis for a new treatment of amblyopia, one that is purely binocular and aimed at reducing suppression as a first step. ..
- Freeman E, Roy Gagnon M, Descovich D, Massé H, Lesk M. The heritability of glaucoma-related traits corneal hysteresis, central corneal thickness, intraocular pressure, and choroidal blood flow pulsatility. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55573 pubmed publisher..The pulsatility of choroidal blood flow and blood velocity were not significantly heritable in this sample. ..
- Ashdown G, Burn G, Williamson D, PandÅ¾iÄ‡ E, Peters R, Holden M, et al. Live-Cell Super-resolution Reveals F-Actin and Plasma Membrane Dynamics at the T Cell Synapse. Biophys J. 2017;112:1703-1713 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that this apparent cytoskeletal-membrane coupling could provide a mechanism for driving the observed retrograde flow of signaling molecules such as the TCR, Lck, ZAP70, LAT, and SLP76. ..
- Patel V, Kaufman D, Arocha J, Kushniruk A. Bridging theory and practice: cognitive science and medical informatics. Medinfo. 1995;8 Pt 2:1278-82 pubmed..The paper addresses the progress that has been made thus far and discusses how future cognitive research can facilitate further growth in the development of these applications. ..
- Ratnakumari L, Qureshi I, Butterworth R. Central muscarinic cholinergic M1 and M2 receptor changes in congenital ornithine transcarbamylase deficiency. Pediatr Res. 1996;40:25-8 pubmed..These findings support the presence of a central muscarinic cholinergic lesion in congenital OTC deficiency. ..
- Bouchard M, Pinsonneault L, Tremblay C, Weber J. Biological monitoring of environmental exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in subjects living in the vicinity of a creosote impregnation plant. Int Arch Occup Environ Health. 2001;74:505-13 pubmed..However, uptake of pyrene due to the plant was too small to contribute significantly to 1-OHP excretion. ..
- Mamane Y, Sharma S, Grandvaux N, Hernandez E, Hiscott J. IRF-4 activities in HTLV-I-induced T cell leukemogenesis. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2002;22:135-43 pubmed..Further investigation of these novel IRF-4-regulated genes will permit a mechanistic understanding of IRF-4 function in HTLV-I-induced leukemogenesis. ..
- ..Finally, I discuss two theoretical frameworks, the generic view principle and Bayesian estimation, that are beginning to help us understand the visual processes involved in distinguishing between light and material. ..
- ..While the precise molecular events that correspond to this dormant phenotype remain poorly understood, data published during the last 10 years have underlined an important role of integrin proteins in the regulation of this phenomenon. ..
- Lemiere C, Chaboillez S, Welman M, Maghni K. Outcome of occupational asthma after removal from exposure: A follow-up study. Can Respir J. 2010;17:61-6 pubmed..Subjects with a noneosinophilic asthmatic reaction during specific inhalation challenge seemed to have a poorer prognosis than subjects with eosinophilic airway inflammation. ..
- Afilalo J, Eisenberg M, Morin J, Bergman H, Monette J, Noiseux N, et al. Gait speed as an incremental predictor of mortality and major morbidity in elderly patients undergoing cardiac surgery. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010;56:1668-76 pubmed publisher..05; 95% confidence interval: 1.23 to 7.54). Gait speed is a simple and effective test that may identify a subset of vulnerable elderly patients at incrementally higher risk of mortality and major morbidity after cardiac surgery. ..
- Mackay D, Borman A, Sui R, van den Born L, Berson E, Ocaka L, et al. Screening of a large cohort of leber congenital amaurosis and retinitis pigmentosa patients identifies novel LCA5 mutations and new genotype-phenotype correlations. Hum Mutat. 2013;34:1537-1546 pubmed publisher..Some patients have remaining foveal cone structures (intact IS/OS junctions on OCT imaging) and remaining visual acuities, which may bode well for upcoming treatment trials. ..
- Esteves T, Durr A, Mundwiller E, Loureiro J, Boutry M, Gonzalez M, et al. Loss of association of REEP2 with membranes leads to hereditary spastic paraplegia. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;94:268-77 pubmed publisher..They have also important implications for genetic diagnosis and counseling in clinical practice because of the association of various modes of inheritance to this new clinico-genetic entity...
- Lucas P, Meadows L, Nicholls J, Ragsdale D. An epilepsy mutation in the beta1 subunit of the voltage-gated sodium channel results in reduced channel sensitivity to phenytoin. Epilepsy Res. 2005;64:77-84 pubmed..Together, these data show that a sodium channel mutation responsible for epilepsy can also alter channel response to antiepileptic drugs. ..
- Dial S, Delaney J, Barkun A, Suissa S. Use of gastric acid-suppressive agents and the risk of community-acquired Clostridium difficile-associated disease. JAMA. 2005;294:2989-95 pubmed..The unexpected increase in risk with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug use should be investigated further. ..
- Andermann F, Duh M, Gosselin A, Paradis P. Compulsory generic switching of antiepileptic drugs: high switchback rates to branded compounds compared with other drug classes. Epilepsia. 2007;48:464-9 pubmed..These results reflect poor acceptance of switching AEDs to generic compounds. They may also indicate increased toxicity and/or loss of seizure control associated with generic AED use. ..
- Tartaglia M, Narayanan S, Arnold D. Mental fatigue alters the pattern and increases the volume of cerebral activation required for a motor task in multiple sclerosis patients with fatigue. Eur J Neurol. 2008;15:413-9 pubmed publisher..These data support the hypothesis that a substrate for MS fatigue could be a generally elevated demand placed on functioning neural circuits. ..
- Courtois F, Charvier K, Leriche A, Vézina J, Côté I, Raymond D, et al. Perceived physiological and orgasmic sensations at ejaculation in spinal cord injured men. J Sex Med. 2008;5:2419-30 pubmed publisher..Oral midodrine may further increase ejaculation success, while maintaining autonomy. Since most SCI men attempt ejaculation for sexual rather than reproductive purposes, self-ejaculation should be emphasized and sensations explored...
- Hassanain M, Schricker T, Metrakos P, Carvalho G, Vrochides D, Lattermann R. Hepatic protection by perioperative metabolic support?. Nutrition. 2008;24:1217-9 pubmed publisher..A randomized clinical trial will have to determine whether glucose/insulin therapy can improve hepatic function after major liver resections. ..
- Pinier M, Verdu E, Nasser Eddine M, David C, Vezina A, Rivard N, et al. Polymeric binders suppress gliadin-induced toxicity in the intestinal epithelium. Gastroenterology. 2009;136:288-98 pubmed publisher..Polymeric binders can prevent in vitro gliadin-induced epithelial toxicity and intestinal barrier dysfunction in HCD4/DQ8 mice. They have a potential role in the treatment of patients with gluten-induced disorders. ..
- Fay A, Corbeil C, Brown P, Moitessier N, Bowie D. Functional characterization and in silico docking of full and partial GluK2 kainate receptor agonists. Mol Pharmacol. 2009;75:1096-107 pubmed publisher..Finally, our study identifies the responsiveness to several neurotransmitter candidates establishing the possibility that endogenous amino acids other than L-Glu may regulate native KARs at central synapses. ..
- Tewfik M, Bosse Y, Lemire M, Hudson T, Vallée Smejda S, Al Shemari H, et al. Polymorphisms in interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase 4 are associated with total serum IgE. Allergy. 2009;64:746-53 pubmed publisher..IRAK4 may be important in the regulation of IgE levels in patients with inflammatory diseases of the airways. ..
- Bell J, Kingdom F. Global contour shapes are coded differently from their local components. Vision Res. 2009;49:1702-10 pubmed publisher..These findings using an appearance-based approach reinforce the conclusions from previous performance-based studies that global contour shapes are coded differently from their local components. ..
- Fodil Cornu N, Kozij N, Wu Q, Rozen R, Vidal S. Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) deficiency enhances resistance against cytomegalovirus infection. Genes Immun. 2009;10:662-6 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Mthfr deficiency protects against MCMV infection in vivo and in vitro, suggesting that human genetic variants may provide an advantage in the host response against certain pathogens. ..
- Manzano S, Bailey B, Gervaix A, Cousineau J, Delvin E, Girodias J. Markers for bacterial infection in children with fever without source. Arch Dis Child. 2011;96:440-6 pubmed publisher..59 (95% CI 0.54 to 0.65). The study data demonstrate that CRP, PCT, WBC and ANC had almost similar diagnostic properties and were superior to clinical evaluation in predicting SBI in children aged 1 month to 3 years. ..
- Miousse I, Watkins D, Rosenblatt D. Novel splice site mutations and a large deletion in three patients with the cblF inborn error of vitamin B12 metabolism. Mol Genet Metab. 2011;102:505-7 pubmed publisher..916-1G>T and c.1339-1G>T, and a 6785 bp deletion encompassing exon 2, c.70-4298_246+2311del6785. The three patients are compound heterozygotes for one novel mutation and the common c.1056delG mutation. ..
- Shrim A, Ates S, Mallozzi A, Brown R, Ponette V, Levin I, et al. Is young maternal age really a risk factor for adverse pregnancy outcome in a canadian tertiary referral hospital?. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2011;24:218-22 pubmed publisher..001). Even within a large tertiary referral hospital, teenage mothers carry a greater risk of adverse pregnancy outcome, mainly due to preterm births. ..
- Eskildsen S, Coupe P, Fonov V, Manjón J, Leung K, Guizard N, et al. BEaST: brain extraction based on nonlocal segmentation technique. Neuroimage. 2012;59:2362-73 pubmed publisher..BEaST provides results comparable to a recent label fusion approach, while being 40 times faster and requiring a much smaller library of priors. ..
- Ouédraogo O, Amyot M. Effects of various cooking methods and food components on bioaccessibility of mercury from fish. Environ Res. 2011;111:1064-9 pubmed publisher..These results should be further validated in vitro with different fish species before proceeding with in vivo approaches using animal models. ..
- Scott P, Cowan A, Stricker C. Quantifying impacts of short-term plasticity on neuronal information transfer. Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys. 2012;85:041921 pubmed..Our results suggest that to efficiently transmit information, the brain must match synaptic type, coding strategy, and network connectivity during development and behavior. ..
- Rumball Smith J, Blakely T, Sarfati D, Hider P. The mismeasurement of quality by readmission rate: how blunt is too blunt an instrument?: a quantitative bias analysis. Med Care. 2013;51:418-24 pubmed publisher..This investigation finds substantial error when using readmission as a marker of quality, and suggests that differences in readmission between populations are more likely to be due to factors other than quality of care. ..
- Deml B, Reis L, Lemyre E, Clark R, Kariminejad A, Semina E. Novel mutations in PAX6, OTX2 and NDP in anophthalmia, microphthalmia and coloboma. Eur J Hum Genet. 2016;24:535-41 pubmed publisher..This study underscores the utility of whole-exome sequencing for identification of causative mutations in highly variable ocular phenotypes as well as the extreme genetic heterogeneity of A/M conditions. ..
- Zongo S, Farquet V, Ridde V. A qualitative study of health professionals' uptake and perceptions of malaria rapid diagnostic tests in Burkina Faso. Malar J. 2016;15:190 pubmed publisher..For efficient use of RDTs and their results, health professionals need information and directives that are up-to-date and standardized. ..
- Hirve S, Kroeger A, Matlashewski G, Mondal D, Banjara M, Das P, et al. Towards elimination of visceral leishmaniasis in the Indian subcontinent-Translating research to practice to public health. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005889 pubmed publisher..This paper describes the process of the TDR's engagement and contribution to this initiative...
- Touré B, Munzer J, Basak A, Benjannet S, Rochemont J, Lazure C, et al. Biosynthesis and enzymatic characterization of human SKI-1/S1P and the processing of its inhibitory prosegment. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:2349-58 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate that, in vitro, recombinant prosegments of SKI-1 inhibit its activity with apparent inhibitor constants of 100-200 nM. ..
- Tremblay J, Bissonnette R. Topical agents for the treatment of psoriasis, past, present and future. J Cutan Med Surg. 2002;6:8-11 pubmed
- Sasarman F, Karpati G, Shoubridge E. Nuclear genetic control of mitochondrial translation in skeletal muscle revealed in patients with mitochondrial myopathy. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:1669-81 pubmed..These results suggest a defect in a developmentally regulated nuclear factor important for mitochondrial translation in skeletal muscle...
- Desrosiers R, Bertrand Y, Nguyen Q, Demeule M, Gabathuler R, Kennard M, et al. Expression of melanotransferrin isoforms in human serum: relevance to Alzheimer's disease. Biochem J. 2003;374:463-71 pubmed..These data also indicate that human serum melanotransferrin levels are unchanged in subjects with Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Fried G, Feldman L, Vassiliou M, Fraser S, Stanbridge D, Ghitulescu G, et al. Proving the value of simulation in laparoscopic surgery. Ann Surg. 2004;240:518-25; discussion 525-8 pubmed..001). MISTELS is a practical and inexpensive inanimate system developed to teach and measure technical skills in laparoscopy. This system is reliable, valid, and a useful educational tool. ..
- Sade B, Mohr G. Depressed skull fracture and epidural haematoma: an unusual post-operative complication of pin headrest in an adult. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2005;147:101-3 pubmed..The calvarial thickness was observed to be significantly reduced due to chronic high intracranial pressure. Potentially hazardous complications of pin headrests should not be underestimated in adults...
- Lee C, Lesimple A, Larsen A, Mamer O, Genest J. ESI-MS quantitation of increased sphingomyelin in Niemann-Pick disease type B HDL. J Lipid Res. 2005;46:1213-28 pubmed..These data provide insight into the structure of HDLs and identify potential new roles for SMase in lipoprotein metabolism. ..
- Joubert P, Lajoie Kadoch S, Labonté I, Gounni A, Maghni K, Wellemans V, et al. CCR3 expression and function in asthmatic airway smooth muscle cells. J Immunol. 2005;175:2702-8 pubmed..These results may suggest that eotaxin could be involved in the increased smooth muscle mass observed in asthmatics through the activation of CCR3. ..
- MacLaren R, Cui W, Simard S, Cianflone K. Influence of obesity and insulin sensitivity on insulin signaling genes in human omental and subcutaneous adipose tissue. J Lipid Res. 2008;49:308-23 pubmed..05). Together, microarray and real-time PCR data demonstrate that insulin resistance rather than obesity is associated with altered gene expression of insulin signaling genes, especially in OM adipose tissue. ..
- Kirmayer L, Sartorius N. Cultural models and somatic syndromes. Psychosom Med. 2007;69:832-40 pubmed..To review the relevance of cultural models in the generation and amplification of somatic symptoms and syndromes...
- Yang C, Mwaikambo B, Zhu T, Gagnon C, Lafleur J, Seshadri S, et al. Lymphocytic microparticles inhibit angiogenesis by stimulating oxidative stress and negatively regulating VEGF-induced pathways. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2008;294:R467-76 pubmed..In summary, LMPs potently suppress neovascularization in vivo and in vitro by augmenting ROS generation via NOX and interfering with the VEGF signaling pathway. ..
- Bergeron S, Khalifé S, Glazer H, Binik Y. Surgical and behavioral treatments for vestibulodynia: two-and-one-half year follow-up and predictors of outcome. Obstet Gynecol. 2008;111:159-66 pubmed publisher..01). Erotophobia also predicted a poorer outcome for vestibulectomy (P<.001). Treatment gains were maintained at the 2.5-year follow-up. Outcome was predicted by pretreatment pain and psychosexual factors. II. ..
- Alaoui Jamali M, Bismar T, Gupta A, Szarek W, Su J, Song W, et al. A novel experimental heme oxygenase-1-targeted therapy for hormone-refractory prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2009;69:8017-24 pubmed publisher..A potent synergistic activity was observed when OB-24 was combined with Taxol. Together, these results establish HO-1 as a potential therapeutic target for advanced PCA...
- Zawati M, Knoppers B. International normative perspectives on the return of individual research results and incidental findings in genomic biobanks. Genet Med. 2012;14:484-9 pubmed publisher..This article suggests some elements to consider in order to complement available guidance at the international level. ..
- Holbro A, Ahmad I, Cohen S, Roy J, Lachance S, Chagnon M, et al. Safety and cost-effectiveness of outpatient autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with multiple myeloma. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2013;19:547-51 pubmed publisher..In summary, outpatient ASCT performed in a weekday clinic for patients with multiple myeloma appears to be safe and cost-effective, but is associated with a relatively high hospitalization rate. ..
- Hoemann C, Guzmán Morales J, Tran Khanh N, Lavallee G, Jolicoeur M, Lavertu M. Chitosan rate of uptake in HEK293 cells is influenced by soluble versus microparticle state and enhanced by serum-induced cell metabolism and lactate-based media acidification. Molecules. 2013;18:1015-35 pubmed publisher..Media acidification mediates minor in vitro uptake of non-biofouled soluble chitosan chains, while serum-biofouled insoluble chitosan microparticles require sustained serum exposure to generate energy required for macropinocytosis. ..
- Silvestri G, Gonzalez A, Jantz M, Margolis M, Gould M, Tanoue L, et al. Methods for staging non-small cell lung cancer: Diagnosis and management of lung cancer, 3rd ed: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. Chest. 2013;143:e211S-e250S pubmed publisher..All abnormal scans should be confirmed by tissue biopsy (by whatever method is available) to ensure accurate staging. Evidence suggests that more complete staging improves patient outcomes. ..
- Trutschnigg B, Kilgour R, Morais J, Lucar E, Hornby L, Molla H, et al. Metabolic, nutritional and inflammatory characteristics in elderly women with advanced cancer. J Geriatr Oncol. 2013;4:183-9 pubmed publisher..Timely recognition of these signs may allow therapeutic interventions to better prevent or delay nutritional and functional demise in elderly patients with cancer. ..
- Chentsova Dutton Y, Choi E, Ryder A, Reyes J. "I felt sad and did not enjoy life": Cultural context and the associations between anhedonia, depressed mood, and momentary emotions. Transcult Psychiatry. 2015;52:616-35 pubmed publisher..This conclusion has important consequences for the clinical interpretation of depressive symptoms in multicultural societies. ..
- Brajot F, Shiller D, Gracco V. Autophonic loudness perception in Parkinson's disease. J Acoust Soc Am. 2016;139:1364-71 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that individuals with Parkinson's disease rely on auditory feedback to compensate for underlying deficits in sensorimotor integration important in establishing and regulating autophonic loudness. ..
- Ferenczy A. Pathophysiology of endometrial bleeding. Maturitas. 2003;45:1-14 pubmed..To review the morphological and molecular events responsible for uterine bleeding in health and disease...
- Lorusso F, Kong D, Jalil A, Sylvestre C, Tan S, Ao A. Preimplantation genetic diagnosis of leukocyte adhesion deficiency type I. Fertil Steril. 2006;85:494.e15-8 pubmed..To describe the application of preimplantion genetic diagnosis (PF to a carrier couple for leukocyte adhesion deficiency type I disease (LAD-1), to achieve a healthy pregnancy...
- Ridde V, Diarra A. A process evaluation of user fees abolition for pregnant women and children under five years in two districts in Niger (West Africa). BMC Health Serv Res. 2009;9:89 pubmed publisher..Much remains to be done to generate knowledge on the processes for abolishing fees in West Africa. ..
- Rio Frio T, Lavoie J, Hamel N, Geyer F, Kushner Y, Novak D, et al. Homozygous BUB1B mutation and susceptibility to gastrointestinal neoplasia. N Engl J Med. 2010;363:2628-37 pubmed publisher..Funded by the Turner Family Cancer Research Fund and others.). ..
- Wong J, Motulsky A, Abrahamowicz M, Eguale T, Buckeridge D, Tamblyn R. Off-label indications for antidepressants in primary care: descriptive study of prescriptions from an indication based electronic prescribing system. BMJ. 2017;356:j603 pubmed publisher..There is an important need to generate and provide physicians with evidence on off-label antidepressant use to optimise prescribing decisions. ..
- Tardif J, Heinonen T, Noble S. High-density lipoprotein/apolipoprotein A-I infusion therapy. Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2009;11:58-63 pubmed..This review addresses the potential of HDL and/or apoA-I infusions as a possible therapeutic strategy for the treatment of coronary artery disease. ..
- Yam P, Langlois S, Morin S, Charron F. Sonic hedgehog guides axons through a noncanonical, Src-family-kinase-dependent signaling pathway. Neuron. 2009;62:349-62 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that Shh acts via a rapidly acting, noncanonical signaling pathway to guide axons. ..
- Marchand C, Bachand J, Périnêt J, Baraghis E, Lamarre M, Rivard G, et al. C3, C5, and factor B bind to chitosan without complement activation. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2010;93:1429-41 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that chitosan is a nonreactive biomaterial that does not directly activate complement, and provide a novel basis for predicting anionic serum protein-chitosan interactions. ..
- Wainberg M, Moisi D, Oliveira M, Toni T, Brenner B. Transmission dynamics of the M184V drug resistance mutation in primary HIV infection. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2011;66:2346-9 pubmed publisher..The M184V mutation can be documented in newly infected individuals, and the alternative hypothesis that this substitution might impact on the ability of HIV to be transmitted is unfounded. ..
- Walkinshaw D, Weist R, Xiao L, Yan K, Kim G, Yang X. Dephosphorylation at a conserved SP motif governs cAMP sensitivity and nuclear localization of class IIa histone deacetylases. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:5591-605 pubmed publisher..These results thus unravel a previously unrecognized mechanism whereby cAMP promotes dephosphorylation and differentially regulates multisite phosphorylation and the nuclear localization of class IIa HDACs. ..
- Le Q, Gelinas C, Arbour C, Rodrigue N. Description of behaviors in nonverbal critically ill patients with a traumatic brain injury when exposed to common procedures in the intensive care unit: a pilot study. Pain Manag Nurs. 2013;14:e251-e261 pubmed publisher..Pain in critically ill TBI patients can be detrimental to health and recovery. ICU clinicians should be aware of pain-related behaviors to enable better detection and treatment in this highly vulnerable group. ..
- Mikhail M, Flanders M. Clinical profiles and surgical outcomes of adult esotropia. Can J Ophthalmol. 2017;52:403-408 pubmed publisher..There are distinct preoperative differences between CET and EPT patients. Adjustable, strabismus surgery in this cohort is safe and effective in achieving subjective and objective success. ..
- Grégoire C, Bragard I, Jerusalem G, Etienne A, Coucke P, Dupuis G, et al. Group interventions to reduce emotional distress and fatigue in breast cancer patients: a 9-month follow-up pragmatic trial. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:1442-1449 pubmed publisher..Further research is needed to improve the understanding of the mechanisms of action of such interventions and their long-term effects on quality of life. ..
- Tremblay L, Campbell Dyke N, Herscovics A. Molecular cloning, chromosomal mapping and tissue-specific expression of a novel human alpha1,2-mannosidase gene involved in N-glycan maturation. Glycobiology. 1998;8:585-95 pubmed..These results show that there are at least two Class I alpha1,2-mannosidases in the human and murine genomes with very distinct transcriptional regulation in different tissues. ..
- Beauchemin A, Gottlieb B, Beitel L, Elhaji Y, Pinsky L, Trifiro M. Cytochrome c oxidase subunit Vb interacts with human androgen receptor: a potential mechanism for neurotoxicity in spinobulbar muscular atrophy. Brain Res Bull. 2001;56:285-97 pubmed..Interaction of COXVb and hAR, with subsequent sequestration of COXVb, may provide a mechanism for putative mitochondrial dysfunction in SBMA. ..
- Wolkove N, Kamel H, Rotaple M, Baltzan M. Use of a mucus clearance device enhances the bronchodilator response in patients with stable COPD. Chest. 2002;121:702-7 pubmed..This response may be enhanced and additional functional improvement obtained with the prior use of a bronchial MCD. ..
- Loutfy M, Walmsley S. Treatment of HIV infection in pregnant women: antiretroviral management options. Drugs. 2004;64:471-88 pubmed
- Goodyer C, Rhani Z, Zheng H. Expression of the hepatic specific V1 messenger ribonucleic acid of the human growth hormone receptor gene is regulated by hepatic nuclear factor (HNF)-4alpha2 and HNF-4alpha8. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:485-500 pubmed
- Raz A, Schwartzman D, Guindi D. Hemihypnosis, hypnosis, and the importance of knowing right from trend. Am J Clin Hypn. 2008;51:201-8 pubmed..Tales are ubiquitous, however, and claims relating to the left or right hemispheres require both context and substantive data. Here we sketch the gist of brain laterality findings and their relevance to the hypnosis community...
- Oughton M, Loo V, Dendukuri N, Fenn S, Libman M. Hand hygiene with soap and water is superior to alcohol rub and antiseptic wipes for removal of Clostridium difficile. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2009;30:939-44 pubmed publisher..Handwashing with soap and water showed the greatest efficacy in removing C. difficile and should be performed preferentially over the use of alcohol-based handrubs when contact with C. difficile is suspected or likely. ..
- Perry M, Demeule M, Regina A, Moumdjian R, Beliveau R. Curcumin inhibits tumor growth and angiogenesis in glioblastoma xenografts. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2010;54:1192-201 pubmed publisher..The mechanisms of the anti-tumor effects of curcumin were related, at least partly, to the inhibition of glioma-induced angiogenesis. ..
- Abourbih D, Di Cesare S, Orellana M, Antecka E, Martins C, Petruccelli L, et al. Lysyl oxidase expression and inhibition in uveal melanoma. Melanoma Res. 2010;20:97-106 pubmed publisher..Our study is the first to show lysyl oxidase expression in primary choroidal melanomas. This protein may represent a potential therapeutic target that warrants further study in this malignancy. ..
- Cardinal M, Soulez G, Tardif J, Meunier J, Cloutier G. Fast-marching segmentation of three-dimensional intravascular ultrasound images: a pre- and post-intervention study. Med Phys. 2010;37:3633-47 pubmed..This new IVUS segmentation method provides accurate results that correspond well to the experts' manually traced contours, but requires much less manual interactions and is faster. ..
- Chang Y, Al Alwan L, Risse P, Roussel L, Rousseau S, Halayko A, et al. TH17 cytokines induce human airway smooth muscle cell migration. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011;127:1046-53.e1-2 pubmed publisher..These data raise the possibility that T(H)17-associated cytokines promote human ASMC migration in vivo and suggest an important new mechanism for the promotion of airway remodeling in asthma. ..