Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Locale: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Publications774 found, 100 shown here
- Bailey S, Loredo Osti J, Lepage P, Faith J, Fontaine J, Desbiens K, et al. Common polymorphisms in the promoter of the visfatin gene (PBEF1) influence plasma insulin levels in a French-Canadian population. Diabetes. 2006;55:2896-902 pubmed..002). These SNPs were also associated with fasting glucose (P <or= 0.02). In addition, a more distal SNP (rs7789066) was significantly associated with the apolipoprotein B component of VLDL (P = 0.012). ..
- Marchand L, Polychronakos C. Evaluation of polymorphic splicing in the mechanism of the association of the insulin gene with diabetes. Diabetes. 2007;56:709-13 pubmed..We believe that this level would have a minor, if any, biological effect involved in the mechanism of the IDDM2 locus. ..
- Bouvier M. When an inhibitor promotes activity. Chem Biol. 2007;14:241-2 pubmed
- Bar Oz B, Einarson T, Einarson A, Boskovic R, O Brien L, Malm H, et al. Paroxetine and congenital malformations: meta-Analysis and consideration of potential confounding factors. Clin Ther. 2007;29:918-926 pubmed publisher..A significantly greater number of women were using paroxetine for anxiety or panic when compared with women using other SSRIs. ..
- Fordyce C, Gagne D, Jalili F, Alatab S, Arnold D, Da Costa D, et al. Elevated serum inflammatory markers in post-poliomyelitis syndrome. J Neurol Sci. 2008;271:80-6 pubmed publisher..The cause of PPS is unknown, but abnormal inflammatory responses have been implicated in several small studies...
- Tulandi T, Huang J, Tan S. Preservation of female fertility: an essential progress. Obstet Gynecol. 2008;112:1160-72 pubmed publisher..Although one cannot guarantee future fertility, a realistic hope for women at risk of having premature ovarian failure can now be offered. ..
- Krammoh E, Bigras J, Prsa M, Lapierre C, Miro J, Dahdah N. Therapeutic strategies in children with an isolated unilaterally absent proximal pulmonary artery. Pediatr Cardiol. 2010;31:607-10 pubmed publisher..Other medical interventions, such as anticoagulation and pulmonary vasodilatation, are key factors to successfully restore pulmonary circulation in this rare defect. ..
- Rathakrishnan R, Moeller F, Levan P, Dubeau F, Gotman J. BOLD signal changes preceding negative responses in EEG-fMRI in patients with focal epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2010;51:1837-45 pubmed publisher..The origin of negative BOLD signal changes in the focus as a result of an epileptic event remains, however, unexplained in most of the patients in whom it occurs. ..
- Bourassa C, Rivière J, Dion P, Bernard G, Diab S, Panisset M, et al. LINGO1 variants in the French-Canadian population. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16254 pubmed publisher..Our genotyping results lead us to conclude that no association exists between the key variant rs9652490 and ET (P(corr)?=?1.00). ..
- Marcotte K, Adrover Roig D, Damien B, de Préaumont M, Généreux S, Hubert M, et al. Therapy-induced neuroplasticity in chronic aphasia. Neuropsychologia. 2012;50:1776-86 pubmed publisher..Also our results suggest that greater SFA improvement in chronic aphasia is associated with recruitment of areas in the left hemisphere...
- Janer A, Antonicka H, Lalonde E, Nishimura T, Sasarman F, Brown G, et al. An RMND1 Mutation causes encephalopathy associated with multiple oxidative phosphorylation complex deficiencies and a mitochondrial translation defect. Am J Hum Genet. 2012;91:737-43 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that the RMND1 complex is necessary for mitochondrial translation, possibly by coordinating the assembly or maintenance of the mitochondrial ribosome. ..
- Roubille F, Kritikou E, Roubille C, Tardif J. Emerging anti-inflammatory therapies for atherosclerosis. Curr Pharm Des. 2013;19:5840-9 pubmed
- Zatorre R, Salimpoor V. From perception to pleasure: music and its neural substrates. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110 Suppl 2:10430-7 pubmed publisher..We propose that pleasure in music arises from interactions between cortical loops that enable predictions and expectancies to emerge from sound patterns and subcortical systems responsible for reward and valuation. ..
- Boehm K, Valdivieso R, Meskawi M, Larcher A, Schiffmann J, Sun M, et al. Prostatitis, other genitourinary infections and prostate cancer: results from a population-based case-control study. World J Urol. 2016;34:425-30 pubmed publisher..These considerations may be helpful in clinical risk stratification of individuals in whom the risk of PCa is pertinent. ..
- Dubois B, Hampel H, Feldman H, Scheltens P, Aisen P, Andrieu S, et al. Preclinical Alzheimer's disease: Definition, natural history, and diagnostic criteria. Alzheimers Dement. 2016;12:292-323 pubmed publisher..This article is aimed at addressing all the different issues by providing for each of them an updated review of the literature and evidence, with practical recommendations. ..
- Maheshwari P, Chauhan K, Kadam R, Pujani A, Kaur M, Chitalia M, et al. Market assessment of tuberculosis diagnostics in India in 2013. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2016;20:304-13 pubmed publisher..India's estimated market value for TB diagnostics in 2013 was US$70.8 million. These data should be of relevance to test developers, donors and implementers. ..
- Gingras M, Kazan J, Pause A. Role of ESCRT component HD-PTP/PTPN23 in cancer. Biochem Soc Trans. 2017;45:845-854 pubmed publisher..In this mini-review, we outline the role of the ESCRT components in cancer and summarize the functions of HD-PTP/PTPN23 in tumorigenesis. ..
- Lopes Cendes I, Teive H, Calcagnotto M, da Costa J, Cardoso F, Viana E, et al. Frequency of the different mutations causing spinocerebellar ataxia (SCA1, SCA2, MJD/SCA3 and DRPLA) in a large group of Brazilian patients. Arq Neuropsiquiatr. 1997;55:519-29 pubmed..These results suggest that SCA may be occasionally caused by the SCA1 and SCA2 mutations in the Brazilian population, and that the MJD/SCA3 mutation is the most common cause of dominantly inherited SCA in Brazil. ..
- Sniderman A, Cianflone K. Lipids and vascular disease: what we do and do not know. Clin Chim Acta. 1999;286:7-22 pubmed..More fundamentally, inadequacies in what has become the traditional approach to characterize risk are becoming increasingly evident. This paper will outline issues that remain unresolved and suggest clinical approaches to deal with them...
- Liberman M, Kay S, Emil S, Flageole H, Nguyen L, Tewfik T, et al. Ten years of experience with third and fourth branchial remnants. J Pediatr Surg. 2002;37:685-90 pubmed..The portion of thyroid involved in the fistula must be excised en bloc with the inflammatory mass, and the tract should be ligated at the level of the pharynx to minimize recurrence. ..
- Patel H, Platt R, Pekeles G, Ducharme F. A randomized, controlled trial of the effectiveness of nebulized therapy with epinephrine compared with albuterol and saline in infants hospitalized for acute viral bronchiolitis. J Pediatr. 2002;141:818-24 pubmed..In previously well infants hospitalized with acute viral bronchiolitis, the effectiveness of repeated nebulized therapy with epinephrine (EPI) was compared with treatment with albuterol (ALB) or saline placebo (PLAC)...
- Hauber H, Bergeron C, Hamid Q. IL-9 in allergic inflammation. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2004;134:79-87 pubmed..Furthermore, the specific role of IL-9 in allergic diseases and the potential therapeutic approach of blocking IL-9 will be discussed. ..
- Reudelhuber T. A place in our hearts for the lowly angiotensin 1-7 peptide?. Hypertension. 2006;47:811-5 pubmed
- Arguello M, Paz S, Hernandez E, Corriveau Bourque C, Fawaz L, Hiscott J, et al. Leukotriene A4 hydrolase expression in PEL cells is regulated at the transcriptional level and leads to increased leukotriene B4 production. J Immunol. 2006;176:7051-61 pubmed
- Poirier S, Prat A, Marcinkiewicz E, Paquin J, Chitramuthu B, Baranowski D, et al. Implication of the proprotein convertase NARC-1/PCSK9 in the development of the nervous system. J Neurochem. 2006;98:838-50 pubmed..These data support a novel role for NARC-1/PCSK9 in CNS development, distinct from that in cholesterogenic organs such as liver. ..
- Dupre D, Robitaille M, Ethier N, Villeneuve L, Mamarbachi A, Hebert T. Seven transmembrane receptor core signaling complexes are assembled prior to plasma membrane trafficking. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:34561-73 pubmed
- Cadieux C, Fournier S, Peterson A, Bédard C, Bedell B, Nepveu A. Transgenic mice expressing the p75 CCAAT-displacement protein/Cut homeobox isoform develop a myeloproliferative disease-like myeloid leukemia. Cancer Res. 2006;66:9492-501 pubmed..These results indicate that the overexpression of p75 CDP/Cux could alter homeostasis in the hematopoietic compartment. ..
- Hanna D, Hatami A, Powell J, Marcoux D, Maari C, Savard P, et al. A prospective randomized trial comparing the efficacy and adverse effects of four recognized treatments of molluscum contagiosum in children. Pediatr Dermatol. 2006;23:574-9 pubmed..Finally, we believe that the ideal treatment for mollusca depends on the individual patient preference, fear, and financial status, distance from the office, and whether they have dermatitis or blood-borne infections...
- Hoffer L. Vitamin therapy in schizophrenia. Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci. 2008;45:3-10 pubmed
- Leroux A, Rokeach L. Inter-species complementation of the translocon beta subunit requires only its transmembrane domain. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3880 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae and human also complement the gene knockouts in both yeasts. Together, these observations indicate that the TMD of Sec61beta exerts a cellular function that is conserved across species. ..
- René Henri N, Khamla Y, Nadaira N, Ouellet C, Blais L, Lalonde L, et al. Community pharmacists' interventions in asthma care: a descriptive study. Ann Pharmacother. 2009;43:104-11 pubmed publisher..Community pharmacists appear to intervene with patients with asthma mostly at the initiation of treatment, but some interventions at follow-up are not frequently done, which could be attributed to organizational factors. ..
- Brunet Benkhoucha M, Verhaegen F, Lassalle S, Béliveau Nadeau D, Reniers B, Donath D, et al. Clinical implementation of a digital tomosynthesis-based seed reconstruction algorithm for intraoperative postimplant dose evaluation in low dose rate prostate brachytherapy. Med Phys. 2009;36:5235-44 pubmed..When combined with an appropriate coregistration technique to identify the organs in the seed coordinate system, this algorithm will offer new possibilities for a next generation of clinical brachytherapy systems. ..
- Carrier J, Viens I, Poirier G, Robillard R, Lafortune M, Vandewalle G, et al. Sleep slow wave changes during the middle years of life. Eur J Neurosci. 2011;33:758-66 pubmed publisher..Age-related SW changes may be associated with changes in synaptic density and white matter integrity and may underlie greater sleep fragmentation and difficulty in recuperating and maintaining sleep under challenges in older subjects. ..
- Datino T, Macle L, Chartier D, Comtois P, Khairy P, Guerra P, et al. Differential effectiveness of pharmacological strategies to reveal dormant pulmonary vein conduction: a clinical-experimental correlation. Heart Rhythm. 2011;8:1426-33 pubmed publisher..Adenosine is superior to isoproterenol in revealing dormant PVs clinically and experimentally because of more effective adenosine-induced hyperpolarization. Adding isoproterenol to adenosine had no significant additional value. ..
- Zhang H, Chen X, Sairam M. Novel genes of visceral adiposity: identification of mouse and human mesenteric estrogen-dependent adipose (MEDA)-4 gene and its adipogenic function. Endocrinology. 2012;153:2665-76 pubmed publisher..Therefore it might play an important role in adipose tissue expansion in normal and aberrant hormonal conditions and pathophysiological states. ..
- Fathers K, Bell E, Rajadurai C, Cory S, Zhao H, Mourskaia A, et al. Crk adaptor proteins act as key signaling integrators for breast tumorigenesis. Breast Cancer Res. 2012;14:R74 pubmed..These data highlight the physiological importance of Crk proteins in regulating growth of aggressive basal breast cancer cells and identify Crk-dependent signaling networks as promising therapeutic targets. ..
- Khuong Quang D, Buczkowicz P, Rakopoulos P, Liu X, Fontebasso A, Bouffet E, et al. K27M mutation in histone H3.3 defines clinically and biologically distinct subgroups of pediatric diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomas. Acta Neuropathol. 2012;124:439-47 pubmed publisher..Based on prognostic and therapeutic implications, our findings argue for H3.3-mutation testing at diagnosis, which should be rapidly integrated into the clinical decision-making algorithm, particularly in atypical DIPG...
- Ellenbogen M, Linnen A, Cardoso C, Joober R. Intranasal oxytocin impedes the ability to ignore task-irrelevant facial expressions of sadness in students with depressive symptoms. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2013;38:387-98 pubmed publisher..Because elevated depression scores are associated with an increased risk for major depressive disorder, difficulties inhibiting mood-congruent stimuli following oxytocin administration may be associated with risk for depression. ..
- Fuller D, Cummins S, MATTHEWS S. Does transportation mode modify associations between distance to food store, fruit and vegetable consumption, and BMI in low-income neighborhoods?. Am J Clin Nutr. 2013;97:167-72 pubmed publisher..Theory-based mechanisms explaining relationships between the primary transportation mode used to access food stores and BMI should be further explored. ..
- Madana J, Yolmo D, Gopalakrishnan S, Saxena S. Development of hemangioma in a tongue harboring long-standing angiokeratoma circumscriptum. Ear Nose Throat J. 2012;91:E7-E10 pubmed..To the best of our knowledge, the development of a lingual hemangioma in a patient with long-standing angiokeratomatous lesions has not been previously reported in the literature. ..
- Wei S, Qi H, Luo Z, Fraser W. Maternal vitamin D status and adverse pregnancy outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2013;26:889-99 pubmed publisher..50-2.90)], GDM [OR 1.38 (1.12-1.70)], preterm birth [OR 1.58 (1.08-2.31)] and SGA [OR 1.52 (1.08-2.15)]. Low maternal vitamin D levels in pregnancy may be associated with an increased risk of preeclampsia, GDM, preterm birth and SGA. ..
- Jouan L, Girard S, Dobrzeniecka S, Ambalavanan A, Krebs M, Joober R, et al. Investigation of rare variants in LRP1, KPNA1, ALS2CL and ZNF480 genes in schizophrenia patients reflects genetic heterogeneity of the disease. Behav Brain Funct. 2013;9:9 pubmed publisher..This supports the notion that de novo mutations in these four genes are extremely rare in schizophrenia and further highlights the high degree of genetic heterogeneity of this disease. ..
- Lu X, Sachs F, Ramsay L, Jacques P, Goke J, Bourque G, et al. The retrovirus HERVH is a long noncoding RNA required for human embryonic stem cell identity. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2014;21:423-5 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, HERVH is associated with OCT4, coactivators and Mediator subunits. Together, these results uncover a new role of species-specific transposable elements in hESCs. ..
- Grosset A, Labrie M, Vladoiu M, Yousef E, Gaboury L, St Pierre Y. Galectin signatures contribute to the heterogeneity of breast cancer and provide new prognostic information and therapeutic targets. Oncotarget. 2016;7:18183-203 pubmed publisher..Our data also suggest that galectins have clinical utility as indicators of disease progression and therapeutic targets in aggressive molecular subtypes of breast cancer. ..
- Elias W, Blank Gomel A, Habib Matar C, Shiftan Y. Who are the traffic offenders among ethnic groups and why?. Accid Anal Prev. 2016;91:64-71 pubmed publisher..These results suggest policymakers should adopt a holistic approach for traffic safety interventions but avoid monolithic views of ethnic minorities which may lead to an inefficient use of resources. ..
- Filion M, Phillips N. Pro-inflammatory activity of contaminating DNA in hyaluronic acid preparations. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2001;53:555-61 pubmed..The presence of pro-inflammatory DNA in HA preparations should be evaluated before its use, not only for the treatment of patients with inflammatory disorders, but also before many other applications. ..
- Paus T, Sipila P, Strafella A. Synchronization of neuronal activity in the human primary motor cortex by transcranial magnetic stimulation: an EEG study. J Neurophysiol. 2001;86:1983-90 pubmed..As such, they corroborate previous studies of cortical oscillations in the motor cortex and point to the potential of the combined TMS/EEG approach for further investigations of cortical rhythms in the human brain...
- Bouin M, Plourde V, Boivin M, Riberdy M, Lupien F, Laganière M, et al. Rectal distention testing in patients with irritable bowel syndrome: sensitivity, specificity, and predictive values of pain sensory thresholds. Gastroenterology. 2002;122:1771-7 pubmed..4%. The negative predictive value was 90.2%. Lowered rectal pain threshold is a hallmark of IBS patients. Rectal barostat testing is useful to confirm the diagnosis of IBS and to discriminate IBS from other causes of abdominal pain. ..
- Lamkhioued B, Abdelilah S, Hamid Q, Mansour N, Delespesse G, Renzi P. The CCR3 receptor is involved in eosinophil differentiation and is up-regulated by Th2 cytokines in CD34+ progenitor cells. J Immunol. 2003;170:537-47 pubmed
- Gibbs G, Sachdev S. Canada and the International Space Station program: overview and status. Acta Astronaut. 2002;51:591-600 pubmed
- Schurr E, Alcais A, de Léséleuc L, Abel L. Genetic predisposition to leprosy: A major gene reveals novel pathways of immunity to Mycobacterium leprae. Semin Immunol. 2006;18:404-10 pubmed
- Oulianova N, Cheng D, Huebert N, Chen Y. Human oral drugs absorption is correlated to their in vitro uptake by brush border membrane vesicles. Int J Pharm. 2007;336:115-21 pubmed..This model can be applied for evaluating drug absorption rate/mechanisms, and helping drug selection in early drug research and development. ..
- Jeyanathan M, Boutros Tadros O, Radhi J, Semret M, Bitton A, Behr M. Visualization of Mycobacterium avium in Crohn's tissue by oil-immersion microscopy. Microbes Infect. 2007;9:1567-73 pubmed..Using two assays in two settings, presence of M. avium organisms was strongly associated with Crohn's disease. ..
- Brown K, Aoude A, Galiana H, Kearney R. Automated respiratory inductive plethysmography to evaluate breathing in infants at risk for postoperative apnea. Can J Anaesth. 2008;55:739-47 pubmed publisher..Respiratory inductive plethysmography may provide a useful method to evaluate breathing in infants at risk for POA. The study of short respiratory pauses may prove useful in predicting apnea risk. ..
- Baardsnes J, Hinck C, Hinck A, O Connor McCourt M. TbetaR-II discriminates the high- and low-affinity TGF-beta isoforms via two hydrogen-bonded ion pairs. Biochemistry. 2009;48:2146-55 pubmed publisher..Growth inhibition assays showed that binding changes generally correlate directly with changes in function; however, a role Val92 in this cellular context was uncovered. ..
- Yang L, Zhao T, Shi X, Nakhaei P, Wang Y, Sun Q, et al. Functional analysis of a dominant negative mutation of interferon regulatory factor 5. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5500 pubmed publisher..The functional characterization of the novel IRF-5 mutant in transformed B and T cell lines and in ATL and CLL patients may lead to a better understanding of the role of these transcriptional regulators in hematopoietic malignancies. ..
- Almarhabi Y, D Journo X, Chen L, Martin J, Ferraro P, Duranceau A. A short 4-cm oesophageal myotomy relieves the obstructive symptoms of achalasia. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2009;36:894-900 pubmed publisher..The LOS relaxation is improved. Complete coverage of the myotomysed zone by the fundus prevents diverticular formation. Oesophageal mucosal damage from reflux is significant despite the partial fundoplication. ..
- Cayrol R, Saikali P, Vincent T. Effector functions of antiaquaporin-4 autoantibodies in neuromyelitis optica. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2009;1173:478-86 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the latest molecular effector functions attributed to the NMO-IgG/anti-AQP4 antibody and discusses their potential role in NMO pathology. ..
- Dunkley D, Masheb R, Grilo C. Childhood maltreatment, depressive symptoms, and body dissatisfaction in patients with binge eating disorder: the mediating role of self-criticism. Int J Eat Disord. 2010;43:274-81 pubmed publisher..These results highlight self-criticism as a potential mechanism through which certain forms of childhood maltreatment may be associated with depressive symptoms and body dissatisfaction in BED patients. ..
- Maghzal N, Vogt E, Reintsch W, Fraser J, Fagotto F. The tumor-associated EpCAM regulates morphogenetic movements through intracellular signaling. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:645-59 pubmed publisher..We show that inhibition of novel PKCs accounts entirely for the invasive phenotype induced by abnormally high levels of EpCAM as well as for its normal function in regulating cell rearrangement during early development...
- Liu Q, Gehring K. Heterodimerization of BAK and MCL-1 activated by detergent micelles. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:41202-10 pubmed publisher..Our results validate the current models for the activation of BAK and highlight the potential value of small molecule inhibitors that target MCL-1 directly. ..
- Schneider Lindner V, Quach C, Hanley J, Suissa S. Secular trends of antibacterial prescribing in UK paediatric primary care. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2011;66:424-33 pubmed publisher..This trend was similar in most classes of antibacterials. Antibacterial prescribing to outpatient children in the UK has been steadily increasing since 2000, consistently for boys and girls, across all ages and antibacterial classes. ..
- Dancause K, DeHuff C, Soloway L, Vilar M, Chan C, Wilson M, et al. Behavioral changes associated with economic development in the South Pacific: health transition in Vanuatu. Am J Hum Biol. 2011;23:366-76 pubmed publisher..Differences in substance use patterns between rural islands with and without tourism indicate a need for more research in rural areas. These findings might inform research in other communities in the early stages of health transition. ..
- Seidah N. What lies ahead for the proprotein convertases?. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2011;1220:149-61 pubmed publisher..In vivo studies demonstrated that PCs play major roles in health and disease states. ..
- Wou K, Chen M, Mallozzi A, Brown R, Shrim A. Pregnancy outcomes and ultrasonographic diagnosis in patients with histologically-proven placental chorioangioma. Placenta. 2011;32:671-674 pubmed publisher..Chorioangiomas are not always identified by routine prenatal sonography. Even in the absence of ultrasonic abnormalities, neonatal morbidity, as measured by NICU admission rate, is increased. ..
- Budry L, Balsalobre A, Gauthier Y, Khetchoumian K, L honoré A, Vallette S, et al. The selector gene Pax7 dictates alternate pituitary cell fates through its pioneer action on chromatin remodeling. Genes Dev. 2012;26:2299-310 pubmed publisher..In summary, expression of Pax7 provides a unique tissue identity to the pituitary intermediate lobe that alters Tpit-driven differentiation through pioneer and classical transcription factor activities. ..
- Jean A, Quach C, Yung A, Semret M. Severity and outcome associated with human coronavirus OC43 infections among children. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2013;32:325-9 pubmed publisher..In our population, HCoV-OC43 infections generally caused upper respiratory tract infection, but can be associated with lower respiratory tract infection especially in those coinfected with other respiratory viruses. ..
- Stefanska B, Suderman M, Machnes Z, Bhattacharyya B, Hallett M, Szyf M. Transcription onset of genes critical in liver carcinogenesis is epigenetically regulated by methylated DNA-binding protein MBD2. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:2738-49 pubmed publisher..This has important implications for understanding the role of DNA methylation in cancer and targeting DNA methylation proteins in cancer therapy. ..
- Dalca I, McGirr A, Renaud J, Turecki G. Gender-specific suicide risk factors: a case-control study of individuals with major depressive disorder. J Clin Psychiatry. 2013;74:1209-16 pubmed publisher..Nonimpulsive aggression is part of a diathesis for suicide in females, which is distinct from the well-characterized impulsive aggression that is consistently reported in a portion of male suicide cases. ..
- Goldberg M, Labrèche F, Weichenthal S, Lavigne E, Valois M, Hatzopoulou M, et al. The association between the incidence of postmenopausal breast cancer and concentrations at street-level of nitrogen dioxide and ultrafine particles. Environ Res. 2017;158:7-15 pubmed publisher..96-1.14). Our findings suggest that exposure to ambient NO2 and UFPs may increase the risk of incident postmenopausal breast cancer especially amongst cases with positive oestrogen and progesterone receptor status. ..
- Martin L, Smith S, Khoutorsky A, Magnussen C, Samoshkin A, Sorge R, et al. Epiregulin and EGFR interactions are involved in pain processing. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3353-3366 pubmed publisher..Thus, EGFR and EREG may be suitable therapeutic targets for persistent pain conditions. ..
- Hauber H, Manoukian J, Nguyen L, Sobol S, Levitt R, Holroyd K, et al. Increased expression of interleukin-9, interleukin-9 receptor, and the calcium-activated chloride channel hCLCA1 in the upper airways of patients with cystic fibrosis. Laryngoscope. 2003;113:1037-42 pubmed..These preliminary findings suggest that hCLCA1 might be an interesting new therapeutic target to control mucus overproduction in airway disease in patients with cystic fibrosis. ..
- Descarries L, Leduc L, Khairy P, Mercier L. Low-molecular-weight heparin in pregnant women with prosthetic heart valves. J Heart Valve Dis. 2006;15:679-85 pubmed..Given the drawbacks of other forms of anticoagulation, and within the constraints of available data, LMWH appears--when administered with caution--to be an acceptable alternative in pregnant women with prosthetic heart valves. ..
- Mann K, Colombo M, Miller W. Arsenic trioxide decreases AKT protein in a caspase-dependent manner. Mol Cancer Ther. 2008;7:1680-7 pubmed publisher..This suggests that As2O3 may be useful in combination therapies that target AKT pathways or in tumors that have constitutively active AKT expression. ..
- Schweitzer M, Mitmaker B, Obrand D, Sheiner N, Abraham C, Dostanic S, et al. Atorvastatin mediates increases in intralesional BAX and BAK expression in human end-stage abdominal aortic aneurysms. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2009;87:915-22 pubmed publisher..We speculate that Atorvastatin-mediated increases in Bax and Bak may positively affect their non-apoptosis related cell functions to account for the beneficial effect of statins to slow AAA expansion. ..
- El Mansouri F, Chabane N, Zayed N, Kapoor M, Benderdour M, Martel Pelletier J, et al. Contribution of H3K4 methylation by SET-1A to interleukin-1-induced cyclooxygenase 2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase expression in human osteoarthritis chondrocytes. Arthritis Rheum. 2011;63:168-79 pubmed publisher
- Luo H, Wu Z, Tremblay J, Thorin E, Peng J, Lavoie J, et al. Receptor tyrosine kinase Ephb6 regulates vascular smooth muscle contractility and modulates blood pressure in concert with sex hormones. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:6819-29 pubmed publisher..Our study discloses that Ephs and Efns, in concert with testosterone, play a critical role in regulating small artery contractility and BP. ..
- Althunayan A, Elkoushy M, Elhilali M, Andonian S. Adverse events resulting from lasers used in urology. J Endourol. 2014;28:256-60 pubmed publisher..There were no eye injuries reported with the use of Ho:YAG lasers. Caution must be exercised when using lasers in urology, including wearing appropriate eye protection when using Nd:YAG, KTP, and diode lasers. ..
- Pause A, Belsham G, Gingras A, Donze O, Lin T, Lawrence J, et al. Insulin-dependent stimulation of protein synthesis by phosphorylation of a regulator of 5'-cap function. Nature. 1994;371:762-7 pubmed..The action of this new regulator of protein synthesis is therefore modulated by insulin, which acts to stimulate the overall rate of translation and promote cell growth. ..
- Murthy K, Clark K, Fortin Y, Shen S, Banville D. ZRP-1, a zyxin-related protein, interacts with the second PDZ domain of the cytosolic protein tyrosine phosphatase hPTP1E. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:20679-87 pubmed..The genomic organization of the ZRP-1 coding sequence is identical to that of the lipoma preferred partner gene, another Zyxin-related protein, suggesting that the two genes have evolved from a recent gene duplication event. ..