Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on female in Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Locale: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Publications300 found, 100 shown here
- Santo L, Teras L, Giles G, Weinstein S, Albanes D, Wang Y, et al. Circulating resistin levels and risk of multiple myeloma in three prospective cohorts. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:1241-1245 pubmed publisher..03). No association was observed for women. This study provides the first prospective evidence that low circulating resistin levels may be associated with an increased risk of MM, particularly for men. ..
- Nadeau Vallée M, Chin P, Belarbi L, Brien M, Pundir S, Berryer M, et al. Antenatal Suppression of IL-1 Protects against Inflammation-Induced Fetal Injury and Improves Neonatal and Developmental Outcomes in Mice. J Immunol. 2017;198:2047-2062 pubmed publisher..10 treatment. The results implicate IL-1 as an important driver of neonatal morbidity in PTB and identify 101.10 as a safe and effective candidate therapeutic. ..
- Leo P, Madeleine M, Wang S, Schwartz S, Newell F, Pettersson Kymmer U, et al. Defining the genetic susceptibility to cervical neoplasia-A genome-wide association study. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006866 pubmed publisher..6% risk, of developing cervical neoplasia. Future studies should examine genetic risk prediction in assessing the risk of cervical neoplasia further, in combination with other screening methods. ..
- Labonte B, Engmann O, Purushothaman I, Menard C, Wang J, Tan C, et al. Sex-specific transcriptional signatures in human depression. Nat Med. 2017;23:1102-1111 pubmed publisher..Together our findings reveal marked sexual dimorphism at the transcriptional level in MDD and highlight the importance of studying sex-specific treatments for this disorder. ..
- Chand S, Zarei M, Schiewer M, Kamath A, Romeo C, Lal S, et al. Posttranscriptional Regulation of PARG mRNA by HuR Facilitates DNA Repair and Resistance to PARP Inhibitors. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5011-5025 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the HuR-PARG axis as an opportunity to enhance PARPi-based therapies. Cancer Res; 77(18); 5011-25. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Bonaca M, Storey R, Theroux P, Steg P, Bhatt D, Cohen M, et al. Efficacy and Safety of Ticagrelor OverÂ Time in Patients With Prior MI inÂ PEGASUS-TIMI 54. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:1368-1375 pubmed publisher..PreventionÂ of Cardiovascular Events in Patients with Prior Heart Attack Using Ticagrelor Compared to Placebo on a Background of Aspirin [PEGASUS]; NCT01225562). ..
- Quach H, White D, Spencer A, Ho P, Bhutani D, White M, et al. Pharmacokinetics and safety of carfilzomib in patients with relapsed multiple myeloma and end-stage renal disease (ESRD): an open-label, single-arm, phase I study. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2017;79:1067-1076 pubmed publisher..These results continue to support dosing recommendation that no starting dose adjustment of carfilzomib appears warranted in patients with baseline renal impairment. ..
- Lee T, Bonnici A, Tamblyn R, McDonald E. Inpatient Z-drug use commonly exceeds safe dosing recommendations. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177645 pubmed publisher..Similar interventions may be required in other jurisdictions. ..
- Renoux C, Coulombe J, Li L, Ganesh A, Silver L, Rothwell P. Confounding by Pre-Morbid Functional Status in Studies of Apparent Sex Differences in Severity and Outcome of Stroke. Stroke. 2017;48:2731-2738 pubmed publisher..Failure to account for sex differences in pre-morbid handicap could explain contradictory findings in previous studies. Properties of the mRS may also contribute to these inconsistencies. ..
- Tung E, Kawata A, Rigden M, Bowers W, Caldwell D, Holloway A, et al. Gestational and Lactational Exposure to an Environmentally-Relevant Mixture of Brominated Flame Retardants: Effects on Neurodevelopment and Metabolism. Birth Defects Res. 2017;109:497-512 pubmed publisher..Birth Defects Research 109:497-512, 2017.© 2017 The Authors Birth Defects Research Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Turgeon A, Lauzier F, Zarychanski R, Fergusson D, Leger C, McIntyre L, et al. Prognostication in critically ill patients with severe traumatic brain injury: the TBI-Prognosis multicentre feasibility study. BMJ Open. 2017;7:e013779 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the TBI-Prognosis prospective multicentre study in severe traumatic brain injury patients in Canada is feasible. ..
- Salame F, Ferreira M, Belo M, Teixeira E, Cordeiro Santos M, Ximenes R, et al. Knowledge about tuberculosis transmission and prevention and perceptions of health service utilization among index cases and contacts in Brazil: Understanding losses in the latent tuberculosis cascade of care. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184061 pubmed publisher..Tuberculosis contacts are candidates for active and latent tuberculosis infection screening and eventual treatment. However, many losses occur in the different steps of the contacts' cascade of care. Reasons for this are poorly understood...
- Aljenedil S, Hegele R, Genest J, Awan Z. Estrogen-associated severe hypertriglyceridemia with pancreatitis. J Clin Lipidol. 2017;11:297-300 pubmed publisher..Estrogen-induced severe hypertriglyceridemia with pancreatitis can be a life-threatening condition. Screening in high-risk patients is crucial to prevent subsequent complications. ..
- Doiron D, de Hoogh K, Probst Hensch N, Mbatchou S, Eeftens M, Cai Y, et al. Residential Air Pollution and Associations with Wheeze and Shortness of Breath in Adults: A Combined Analysis of Cross-Sectional Data from Two Large European Cohorts. Environ Health Perspect. 2017;125:097025 pubmed publisher..This may be related in part to sample size issues, which also preclude analysis in potentially vulnerable subgroups...
- Nguyen A, Pellerin M, Perrault L, White M, Ducharme A, Racine N, et al. Experience with the SynCardia total artificial heart in a Canadian centre. Can J Surg. 2017;60:375-379 pubmed..Accepted indications include bridge to transplantation and destination therapy. We review our experience with TAH implantation during a period when axial flow pump became available...
- Kardoush M, Ward B, Ndao M. Serum Carbonic Anhydrase 1 is a Biomarker for Diagnosis of Human Schistosoma mansoni Infection. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;96:842-849 pubmed publisher..01). Western blots of serial mouse sera revealed a progressive reduction in serum CA1 levels over the 12-week infection period. CA1 is a promising negative serum biomarker for the diagnosis of S. mansoni infection. ..
- Sperduto P, Jiang W, Brown P, Braunstein S, Sneed P, Wattson D, et al. The Prognostic Value of BRAF, C-KIT, and NRAS Mutations in Melanoma Patients With Brain Metastases. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;98:1069-1077 pubmed publisher..For melanoma patients with brain metastases, BRAF-positive patients survive longer than BRAF-negative patients and overall survival has improved from 1985-2005 to 2006-2015. ..
- Cantoral A, Batis C, Basu N. National estimation of seafood consumption in Mexico: Implications for exposure to methylmercury and polyunsaturated fatty acids. Chemosphere. 2017;174:289-296 pubmed publisher..The current study provides nationally-representative data in Mexico from which decisions can be made (e.g., UN Minamata Convention) and future studies conducted. ..
- Mikhail M, Flanders M. Clinical profiles and surgical outcomes of adult esotropia. Can J Ophthalmol. 2017;52:403-408 pubmed publisher..There are distinct preoperative differences between CET and EPT patients. Adjustable, strabismus surgery in this cohort is safe and effective in achieving subjective and objective success. ..
- Leclerc D, Pham D, Levesque N, Truongcao M, Foulkes W, Sapienza C, et al. Oncogenic role of PDK4 in human colon cancer cells. Br J Cancer. 2017;116:930-936 pubmed publisher..Methylation assessment of PDK4 in the blood may be useful for non-invasive CRC detection. PDK4 should be considered as a target for development of anticancer strategies and therapies. ..
- Tremblay D, Roberge D, Touati N, Maunsell E, Berbiche D. Effects of interdisciplinary teamwork on patient-reported experience of cancer care. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017;17:218 pubmed publisher..Future research will allow explaining how and why ITW structure and processes may contribute to positive cancer care experiences. ..
- Kalincik T, Manouchehrinia A, Sobisek L, Jokubaitis V, Spelman T, Horakova D, et al. Towards personalized therapy for multiple sclerosis: prediction of individual treatment response. Brain. 2017;140:2426-2443 pubmed publisher..We conclude that demographic, clinical and paraclinical information helps predict individual response to disease-modifying therapies at the time of their commencement...
- Paquette M, Dufour R, Baass A. The Montreal-FH-SCORE: A new score to predict cardiovascular events in familial hypercholesterolemia. J Clin Lipidol. 2017;11:80-86 pubmed publisher..The Montreal-FH-SCORE score is strongly associated with CVD events in FH and could be useful to select FH subjects who would benefit from further CVD risk reduction. ..
- Lee C, Fu H, Baratang N, Rousseau J, Kumra H, Sutton V, et al. Mutations in Fibronectin Cause a Subtype of Spondylometaphyseal Dysplasia with "Corner Fractures". Am J Hum Genet. 2017;101:815-823 pubmed publisher..In summary, FN1 mutations that cause defective fibronectin secretion are found in SMD, and we thus provide additional evidence for a critical function of fibronectin in cartilage and bone. ..
- Cole M, Primeau F, Elie L. Delirium: prevention, treatment, and outcome studies. J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol. 1998;11:126-37; discussion 157-8 pubmed..Although the above findings do not contribute to a new conceptual understanding of delirium, they do suggest directions for further research on the treatment of delirium. ..
- Lebreton M, Courtois F, Journel N, Beaulieu Prévost D, Belanger M, Ruffion A, et al. Genital Sensory Detection Thresholds and Patient Satisfaction With Vaginoplasty in Male-to-Female Transgender Women. J Sex Med. 2017;14:274-281 pubmed publisher..Gender-affirming surgery yields good results for satisfaction with appearance and function. Genital sensitivity showed the best results with pressure and vibration. ..
- Amsallem M, Boulate D, Aymami M, Guihaire J, Selej M, Huo J, et al. Load Adaptability in Patients With Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:874-882 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, allometric modeling enables quantification of the proportionality of RV load adaptation but offers small incremental prognostic value to RV end-systolic dimension in PAH. ..
- Escalona M, Delivet Mongrain H, Kundu A, Gossard J, Rossignol S. Ladder Treadmill: A Method to Assess Locomotion in Cats with an Intact or Lesioned Spinal Cord. J Neurosci. 2017;37:5429-5446 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the ladder treadmill permits to train cats repetitively for weeks and observe whether training regimens (FTM or LTM) can induce durable changes in the parameters of locomotion. ..
- Paquette M, Dufour R, Baass A. Scavenger Receptor LOX1 Genotype Predicts Coronary Artery Disease in Patients With Familial Hypercholesterolemia. Can J Cardiol. 2017;33:1312-1318 pubmed publisher..Carrying the C allele of the rs11053646 variant of the OLR1 gene was associated with an increased risk of CAD in heterozygous adult patients with FH, and this risk could be even greater in smokers as well as in younger patients. ..
- Kharfallah F, Guyot M, El Hassan A, Allache R, Merello E, De Marco P, et al. Scribble1 plays an important role in the pathogenesis of neural tube defects through its mediating effect of Par-3 and Vangl1/2 localization. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:2307-2320 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates an important role of Scrib1 in the pathogenesis of NTDs through its mediating effect of Par-3 and Vangl1/2 localization and most likely independently of ABP. ..
- Hatem R, Bebawi E, Schampaert E. Potential Sunitinib-Induced Coronary Artery and Aortic Dissections. Can J Cardiol. 2017;33:830.e17-830.e18 pubmed publisher..These drugs have been associated with cardiovascular toxicity, including aortic dissection. To our knowledge, this is the first time that a coronary dissection potentially associated with a TKI treatment has been described. ..
- Joussain P, Ferdenzi C, Djordjevic J, Bensafi M. Relationship Between Psychophysiological Responses to Aversive Odors and Nutritional Status During Normal Aging. Chem Senses. 2017;42:465-472 pubmed publisher..04, P > 0.44). Taken together, preserved functioning of somatic markers in response to odors during normal aging is associated with better nutritional status, and may facilitate healthier food selection. ..
- Tabatabaei N, Auger N, Herba C, Wei S, Allard C, Fink G, et al. Maternal Vitamin D Insufficiency Early in Pregnancy Is Associated with Increased Risk of Preterm Birth in Ethnic Minority Women in Canada. J Nutr. 2017;147:1145-1151 pubmed publisher..75; 95% CI: 0.39, 7.79; P = 0.46).Conclusion: Vitamin D insufficiency is associated with an increased risk of preterm birth in ethnic minority women in Canada. ..
- Martineau X, Abed E, Martel Pelletier J, Pelletier J, Lajeunesse D. Alteration of Wnt5a expression and of the non-canonical Wnt/PCP and Wnt/PKC-Ca2+ pathways in human osteoarthritis osteoblasts. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180711 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the alteration of Wnt5a, a non-canonical Wnt signaling activator, is implicated in the modified signalisation and phenotype observed in OA Ob. ..
- De Cock A, Fransen E, Perkisas S, Verhoeven V, Beauchet O, Remmen R, et al. Gait characteristics under different walking conditions: Association with the presence of cognitive impairment in community-dwelling older people. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178566 pubmed publisher..Using this type of gait analysis in clinical practice could facilitate screening for cognitive impairment. ..
- Ho V, Brunetti V, Peacock S, Massey T, Godschalk R, Van Schooten F, et al. Exposure to meat-derived carcinogens and bulky DNA adduct levels in normal-appearing colon mucosa. Mutat Res. 2017;821:5-12 pubmed publisher..Exposure to meat-derived carcinogens may be associated with increased DNA damage occurring directly in the colon among genetically susceptible individuals. ..
- Batlevi C, Crump M, Andreadis C, Rizzieri D, Assouline S, Fox S, et al. A phase 2 study of mocetinostat, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, in relapsed or refractory lymphoma. Br J Haematol. 2017;178:434-441 pubmed publisher..The safety profile was acceptable. This drug class warrants further investigation, including identifying patients more likely to respond to this agent, or in combination with other agents. ..
- Plana J, Galderisi M, Barac A, Ewer M, Ky B, Scherrer Crosbie M, et al. Expert consensus for multimodality imaging evaluation of adult patients during and after cancer therapy: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography and the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2014;27:911-39 pubmed publisher
- Anand I, Claggett B, Liu J, Shah A, Rector T, Shah S, et al. Interaction Between Spironolactone and Natriuretic Peptides in Patients With Heart Failure and Preserved Ejection Fraction: From the TOPCAT Trial. JACC Heart Fail. 2017;5:241-252 pubmed publisher..Aldosterone Antagonist Therapy for Adults With Heart Failure and Preserved Systolic Function [TOPCAT]; NCT00094302). ..
- Viau V, Meaney M. Variations in the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal response to stress during the estrous cycle in the rat. Endocrinology. 1991;129:2503-11 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest an ovarian influence on both activational and inhibitory components of HPA activity. ..
- Bermudez Tamayo C, Besançon S, Johri M, Assa S, Brown J, Ramaiya K. Direct and indirect costs of diabetes mellitus in Mali: A case-control study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176128 pubmed publisher..84. Healthcare use and costs were dramatically higher for people with DM than for people with normal glucose tolerance and, in relative terms, much higher than in developed countries. ..
- Zhan Y, Guo J, Yang W, Goncalves C, Rzymski T, Dreas A, et al. MNK1/2 inhibition limits oncogenicity and metastasis of KIT-mutant melanoma. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:4179-4192 pubmed publisher..Thus, our studies indicate that blocking MNK1/2 exerts potent antimelanoma effects and support blocking MNK1/2 as a potential strategy to treat patients positive for KIT mutations...
- Toobaie A, Emil S, Ozgediz D, Krishnaswami S, Poenaru D. Pediatric surgical capacity in Africa: Current status and future needs. J Pediatr Surg. 2017;52:843-848 pubmed publisher..The broad deficits identified in PS human and material resources in Africa suggest the need for a global collaborative effort to address the PS gaps. Level 5, expert opinion without explicit critical appraisal. ..
- Silberberg A, Tan M, Yan A, Angaran P, Dorian P, Bucci C, et al. Use of Evidence-Based Therapy for Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Canadian Outpatients With Atrial Fibrillation: From the Facilitating Review and Education to Optimize Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation (FREEDOM AF) and Co-ordinated National Net. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:582-587 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that there is an opportunity to improve the quality of care for patients with AF in Canada. ..
- Tovar Perdomo S, McGirr A, van den Eynde F, Rodrigues Dos Santos N, Berlim M. High frequency repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation treatment for major depression: Dissociated effects on psychopathology and neurocognition. J Affect Disord. 2017;217:112-117 pubmed publisher..Though rTMS appears cognitively safe, additional research is warranted to understand this potential dissociation and its putative clinical implications. ..
- Johnson E, Peronnet F, Jansen L, Capitan Jiménez C, Adams J, Guelinckx I, et al. Validation Testing Demonstrates Efficacy of a 7-Day Fluid Record to Estimate Daily Water Intake in Adult Men and Women When Compared with Total Body Water Turnover Measurement. J Nutr. 2017;147:2001-2007 pubmed publisher..This style of questionnaire may be extremely helpful for collecting water intake data for large-scale epidemiologic studies. ..
- Simond A, Houde M, Lesage V, Verreault J. Temporal trends of PBDEs and emerging flame retardants in belugas from the St. Lawrence Estuary (Canada) and comparisons with minke whales and Canadian Arctic belugas. Environ Res. 2017;156:494-504 pubmed publisher..The occurrence and temporal variations of PBDEs and their replacement products in these cetaceans warrant continuous monitoring. ..
- Halaoui R, Rejon C, Chatterjee S, Szymborski J, Meterissian S, Muller W, et al. Progressive polarity loss and luminal collapse disrupt tissue organization in carcinoma. Genes Dev. 2017;31:1573-1587 pubmed publisher..This reveals a novel and common mechanism that contributes to carcinoma development by progressively disrupting cell and tissue organization. ..
- Afilalo J, Lauck S, Kim D, Lefevre T, Piazza N, Lachapelle K, et al. Frailty in Older Adults Undergoing Aortic Valve Replacement: The FRAILTY-AVR Study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:689-700 pubmed publisher..Frailty Assessment Before Cardiac Surgery & Transcatheter Interventions; NCT01845207). ..
- O Donnell K, Glover V, Lahti J, Lahti M, Edgar R, Raikkonen K, et al. Maternal prenatal anxiety and child COMT genotype predict working memory and symptoms of ADHD. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177506 pubmed publisher..The findings, from two cohorts, show a robust gene-environment interaction, which may contribute to inter-individual differences in the effects of maternal prenatal anxiety on developmental outcomes from childhood to mid-adolescence. ..
- Bhatt M, Johnson D, Chan J, Taljaard M, Barrowman N, Farion K, et al. Risk Factors for Adverse Events in Emergency Department Procedural Sedation for Children. JAMA Pediatr. 2017;171:957-964 pubmed publisher..Use of ketamine only was associated with the best outcomes, resulting in significantly fewer SAEs and interventions than ketamine combined with propofol or fentanyl. ..
- Tran V, David J, Patocskai E, Zummo Soucy M, Younan R, Lalonde L, et al. Comparative Evaluation of Iodine-125 Radioactive Seed Localization and Wire Localization for Resection of Breast Lesions. Can Assoc Radiol J. 2017;68:447-455 pubmed publisher..RSL is safe and accurate, and has comparable surgical endpoints to WL. Because RSL offers flexible scheduling and facilitated oncoplasty, RSL may replace WL for resection of nonpalpable single breast lesions. ..
- Loutfy M, de Pokomandy A, Kennedy V, Carter A, O Brien N, Proulx Boucher K, et al. Cohort profile: The Canadian HIV Women's Sexual and Reproductive Health Cohort Study (CHIWOS). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184708 pubmed publisher..Information on the cohort can be found on the study website (http://www.chiwos.ca). ..
- Jahagirdar D, Lo E. Region-level obesity projections and an examination of its correlates in Quebec. Can J Public Health. 2017;108:e162-e168 pubmed publisher..Obesity slope appears to drive region-level heterogeneity and correlate strongly with explanatory factors, and may represent a pertinent metric for public health monitoring. ..
- Lafaille Magnan M, Poirier J, Etienne P, Tremblay Mercier J, Frenette J, Rosa Neto P, et al. Odor identification as a biomarker of preclinical AD in older adults at risk. Neurology. 2017;89:327-335 pubmed publisher..Diminished OI may be a practical and affordable biomarker of AD pathology. ..
- Dubois L, Diasparra M, Bédard B, Colapinto C, Fontaine Bisson B, Morisset A, et al. Adequacy of nutritional intake from food and supplements in a cohort of pregnant women in Québec, Canada: the 3D Cohort Study (Design, Develop, Discover). Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;106:541-548 pubmed publisher..This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT03113331. ..
- Powell G, Luo Y, Verma A, Stephens D, Buckeridge D. Multivariate and Longitudinal Health System Indicators. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2017;235:266-270 pubmed
- Holloway R, Abu Rustum N, Backes F, Boggess J, Gotlieb W, Jeffrey Lowery W, et al. Sentinel lymph node mapping and staging in endometrial cancer: A Society of Gynecologic Oncology literature review with consensus recommendations. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;146:405-415 pubmed publisher..Literature-based recommendations for the inclusion of SLN assessment in the treatment of patients with endometrial cancer are presented. This article examines. ..
- Heinz L, Kim G, Marrakchi S, Christiansen J, Turki H, Rauschendorf M, et al. Mutations in SULT2B1 Cause Autosomal-Recessive Congenital Ichthyosis in Humans. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;100:926-939 pubmed publisher..Mutation in SULT2B1 leads to an ARCI phenotype via increased proliferation of human keratinocytes, thickening of epithelial layers, and altered epidermal cholesterol metabolism. ..
- Hamad R, Noly P, Perrault L, Pellerin M, Demers P. Mycobacterium chimaera Infection After Cardiac Surgery: First Canadian Outbreak. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:e43-e45 pubmed publisher..Because of the nonspecific mode and timing of presentation, a high index of suspicion is necessary for the diagnosis of M. chimaera infection. ..
- Garad Y, Maximova K, MacKinnon N, McGrath J, Kozyrskyj A, Colman I. Sex-Specific Differences in the Association Between Childhood Adversity and Cardiovascular Disease in Adulthood: Evidence From a National Cohort Study. Can J Cardiol. 2017;33:1013-1019 pubmed publisher..These findings have important implications for understanding sex differences in CVD risk. ..
- Body J, Gatta F, De Cock E, Tao S, Kritikou P, Wimberger P, et al. An observational time and motion study of denosumab subcutaneous injection and zoledronic acid intravenous infusion in patients with metastatic bone disease: results from three European countries. Support Care Cancer. 2017;25:2823-2832 pubmed publisher..An ability to increase the volume of appointments within DOUs could reduce waiting lists in sites operating at full capacity and increase overall productivity and efficiency in hospital processes. ..
- Milev M, Grout M, Saint Dic D, Cheng Y, Glass I, Hale C, et al. Mutations in TRAPPC12 Manifest in Progressive Childhood Encephalopathy and Golgi Dysfunction. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;101:291-299 pubmed publisher..Detailed understanding of the TRAPP-opathies will illuminate the role of membrane protein transport in human disease. ..
- Ng K, Pascoal T, Mathotaarachchi S, Therriault J, Kang M, Shin M, et al. Monoamine oxidase B inhibitor, selegiline, reduces 18F-THK5351 uptake in the human brain. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2017;9:25 pubmed publisher..In addition, the heterogeneous MAO-B availability across the cortex may limit the interpretation of 18F-THK5351 scans using reference region methods. ..
- Lempereur M, Aminian A, Freixa X, Gafoor S, Shakir S, Omran H, et al. Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation and Previous Major Gastrointestinal Bleeding (from the Amplatzer Cardiac Plug Multicenter Registry). Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:414-420 pubmed publisher..Periprocedural major bleeding events were more frequent in this specific population although the annual major bleeding rate showed a 20.1% relative risk reduction according to the HAS-BLED score. ..
- Nakamura F, Okada T, Shishikura M, Uetani N, Taniguchi M, Yagi T, et al. Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase δ Mediates the Sema3A-Induced Cortical Basal Dendritic Arborization through the Activation of Fyn Tyrosine Kinase. J Neurosci. 2017;37:7125-7139 pubmed publisher..In Sema3A signaling, PTPδ activates Fyn and Src kinases by dephosphorylating their C-terminal Tyr residues. This is the first evidence showing that LAR class PTPs participate in Semaphorin signaling in vivo. ..
- Migneron Foisy V, Bouchard M, Freeman E, Saint Amour D. Myopia and Exposure to Organophosphate and Pyrethroid Pesticides in the General United States Population. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:4915-4924 pubmed publisher..The present study aimed to assess whether exposure to organophosphates and pyrethroids in the United States general population was associated with the prevalence of myopia...
- Chenier C, Raiche G, Talbot N, Carignan B, Gelinas C. Rasch Analysis of a Behavioral Checklist for the Assessment of Pain in Critically Ill Adults. J Appl Meas. 2017;18:28-42 pubmed..62) and only 1.28 strata of pain could be distinguished. The narrow range of pain levels in the sample could explain this poor performance and further study is needed, with a sample exhibiting a wider range of pain levels. ..
- Ghoneim A, Bouhout I, Perrault L, Bouchard D, Pellerin M, Lamarche Y, et al. Reexamining the Role of Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement After Mediastinal Radiation Therapy. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:485-492 pubmed publisher..In contrast, AVR with concomitant procedures is associated with high mortality, which is vastly underestimated using traditional risk scores. In both groups, survival at 5 years is markedly impaired. ..
- Zafack J, De Serres G, Kiely M, Gariépy M, Rouleau I, Top K. Risk of Recurrence of Adverse Events Following Immunization: A Systematic Review. Pediatrics. 2017;140: pubmed publisher..Published studies suggest that reimmunization is usually safe. However in these studies, severe cases were often not reimmunized. ..
- D ANDREA D, Moschini M, Soria F, Gust K, Briganti A, Karakiewicz P, et al. ABO Blood Group and Rhesus Factor Are Not Associated with Outcomes After Radical Cystectomy for Non-metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma of the Bladder. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5747-5753 pubmed..To investigate the role of ABO blood group and Rhesus factor as a predictor of outcome in patients undergoing radical cystectomy (RC) for non-metastatic urothelial carcinoma of the bladder...
- Ha L, Pepin J. Experiences of nursing students and educators during the co-construction of clinical nursing leadership learning activities: A qualitative research and development study. Nurse Educ Today. 2017;55:90-95 pubmed publisher..Additional research is required to enhance understanding of the factors that facilitate and hinder student-educator collaboration outside the classroom. ..
- Liu L, Pack C. The Contribution of Area MT to Visual Motion Perception Depends on Training. Neuron. 2017;95:436-446.e3 pubmed publisher..These results show that the contribution of individual brain regions to conscious perception can shift flexibly depending on sensory experience. ..
- Dehghani P, Habib B, Windle S, Roy N, Old W, Grondin F, et al. Smokers and Postcessation Weight Gain After Acute Coronary Syndrome. J Am Heart Assoc. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT00794573. ..
- Drudi L, Schaller M, Hiramoto J, Gasper W, Harris W, Hills N, et al. Predictors of change in omega-3 index with fish oil supplementation in peripheral artery disease. J Surg Res. 2017;210:124-131 pubmed publisher..Short-term, high-dose n-3 PUFA supplementation increases the omega-3 index to a greater extent in patients with a lower body mass index and higher total and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels. ..
- Lepeytre F, Dahhou M, Zhang X, Boucquemont J, Sapir Pichhadze R, Cardinal H, et al. Association of Sex with Risk of Kidney Graft Failure Differs by Age. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:3014-3023 pubmed publisher..Additional studies should determine whether sex- and age-specific immunosuppression strategies are warranted for kidney graft recipients. ..