Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cisplatin in Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Locale: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
- Delbes G, Chan D, Pakarinen P, Trasler J, Hales B, Robaire B. Impact of the chemotherapy cocktail used to treat testicular cancer on the gene expression profile of germ cells from male Brown-Norway rats. Biol Reprod. 2009;80:320-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, BEP exposure triggers an oxidative stress response in round spermatids and induces many pathways that may lead to the survival of damaged cells and production of abnormal sperm. ..
- Sartelet H, Imbriglio T, Nyalendo C, Haddad E, Annabi B, Duval M, et al. CD133 expression is associated with poor outcome in neuroblastoma via chemoresistance mediated by the AKT pathway. Histopathology. 2012;60:1144-55 pubmed publisher..LY294002 treatment abolished the preferential survival of CD133(high) cells. ? CD133 is associated with in-vitro resistance to chemotherapy involving activation of the AKT pathway. ..
- Chow T, Alaoui Jamali M, Yeh C, Yuen L, Griller D. The DNA double-stranded break repair protein endo-exonuclease as a therapeutic target for cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2004;3:911-9 pubmed..Down-regulation of the endo-exonuclease sensitizes the cell to 5-fluorouracil. These studies suggested the endo-exonuclease enzyme as a novel potential therapeutic target for cancer. ..
- Gotlieb W, Saumet J, Beauchamp M, Gu J, Lau S, Pollak M, et al. In vitro metformin anti-neoplastic activity in epithelial ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2008;110:246-50 pubmed publisher..Metformin significantly inhibits the growth of ovarian cancer cell lines and potentiates cisplatin. Further pre-clinical studies are being conducted to determine the applicability of metformin in the treatment of ovarian cancer. ..
- Barkati M, Fortin B, Soulieres D, Clavel S, Després P, Charpentier D, et al. Concurrent chemoradiation with carboplatin-5-fluorouracil versus cisplatin in locally advanced oropharyngeal cancers: is more always better?. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010;76:410-6 pubmed publisher..4% and 94.2% (p = 0.244). We could not demonstrate differences between these two regimens, which both proved efficacious. Polychemotherapy and monochemotherapy therefore seem comparable in this retrospective analysis. ..
- Mitin T, George A, Zietman A, Heney N, Kaufman D, Uzzo R, et al. Long-Term Outcomes Among Patients Who Achieve Complete or Near-Complete Responses After the Induction Phase of Bladder-Preserving Combined-Modality Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer: A Pooled Analysis of NRG Oncology/RTOG 9906 and 0233. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016;94:67-74 pubmed publisher..Therefore it is reasonable to recommend that patients with Ta or Tis after induction chemo-RT continue with bladder-sparing therapy with consolidation chemo-RT to full dose (60-64 Gy). ..
- Eliopoulos N, Zhao J, Forner K, Birman E, Young Y, Bouchentouf M. Erythropoietin gene-enhanced marrow mesenchymal stromal cells decrease cisplatin-induced kidney injury and improve survival of allogeneic mice. Mol Ther. 2011;19:2072-83 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study demonstrates that Epo gene-enhanced MSCs exert significant tissue protective effects in allogeneic mice with AKI, and supports the potential use of gene-enhanced cells as universal donors in acute injury. ..
- Waissbluth S, Salehi P, He X, Daniel S. Systemic dexamethasone for the prevention of cisplatin-induced ototoxicity. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2013;270:1597-605 pubmed publisher..Systemic dexamethasone administration in a guinea pig model did not provide significant protection against cisplatin-induced ototoxicity. Dexamethasone may be useful in future applications as a complementary treatment. ..
- Somasundaram R, Zhang G, Fukunaga Kalabis M, Perego M, Krepler C, Xu X, et al. Tumor-associated B-cells induce tumor heterogeneity and therapy resistance. Nat Commun. 2017;8:607 pubmed publisher..Resistance to BRAFV600E inhibitors often occurs in melanoma patients. Here, the authors describe a potential mechanism of acquired drug resistance mediated by tumor-associated B cells-derived IGF-1. ..
- Waissbluth S, Dupuis I, Daniel S. Protective effect of erdosteine against cisplatin-induced ototoxicity in a guinea pig model. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012;146:627-32 pubmed publisher..No treatment has yet been approved for this condition. The objective of this study was to determine the potential protective effect of a systemic administration of erdosteine against cisplatin-induced ototoxicity...
- Yasmeen A, Beauchamp M, Piura E, Segal E, Pollak M, Gotlieb W. Induction of apoptosis by metformin in epithelial ovarian cancer: involvement of the Bcl-2 family proteins. Gynecol Oncol. 2011;121:492-8 pubmed publisher..These data are relevant to ongoing translational research efforts and clinical trials exploring a possible protective effect of metformin against ovarian cancer, including Bcl-2 inhibition. ..
- Hueber P, Waters P, Clark P, Clarke P, Eccles M, Goodyer P. PAX2 inactivation enhances cisplatin-induced apoptosis in renal carcinoma cells. Kidney Int. 2006;69:1139-45 pubmed..Similarly, Pax2 overexpression in RCC cells contributes to cisplatin resistance. Conceivably, a therapeutic strategy that inactivates Pax2 in vivo might enhance the efficacy of conventional cytotoxic drugs against RCC. ..
- Xu Z, Loignon M, Han F, Panasci L, Aloyz R. Xrcc3 induces cisplatin resistance by stimulation of Rad51-related recombinational repair, S-phase checkpoint activation, and reduced apoptosis. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2005;314:495-505 pubmed
- Létourneau I, Quinn M, Wang L, Portelance L, Caceres K, Cyr L, et al. Derivation and characterization of matched cell lines from primary and recurrent serous ovarian cancer. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:379 pubmed publisher..The study identified nine new high-grade serous ovarian cancer cell lines, derived before and after chemotherapy that provides a unique resource for investigating the evolution of this common histopathological subtype of ovarian cancer. ..
- Bassili M, Birman E, Schor N, Saragovi H. Differential roles of Trk and p75 neurotrophin receptors in tumorigenesis and chemoresistance ex vivo and in vivo. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2010;65:1047-56 pubmed publisher..This work may help to develop tailored therapies for specific tumor phenotypes by combining traditional chemotherapy with neurotrophin receptor modulators. ..