Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on carrier proteins in Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Locale: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Topic: carrier proteins
Publications263 found, 100 shown here
- Yzer S, Fishman G, Racine J, Al Zuhaibi S, Chakor H, Dorfman A, et al. CRB1 heterozygotes with regional retinal dysfunction: implications for genetic testing of leber congenital amaurosis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:3736-44 pubmed..Evidence suggests a modifier allele in AIPL1 in a patient with LCA with prominent atrophic macular lesions and homozygous defects in CRB1. ..
- Blostein M, Cuerquis J, Galipeau J. Galectin 3-binding protein is a potential contaminant of recombinantly produced factor IX. Haemophilia. 2007;13:701-6 pubmed..The above results raise an important note of caution regarding the production of recombinant FIX and, indeed, other proteins produced recombinantly in mammalian cells. ..
- Henny P, Jones B. Projections from basal forebrain to prefrontal cortex comprise cholinergic, GABAergic and glutamatergic inputs to pyramidal cells or interneurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2008;27:654-70 pubmed publisher..Through distinct glutamatergic, GABAergic and cholinergic projections, the BF can thus influence cortical activity in a diverse manner. ..
- Aouida M, Khodami Pour A, Ramotar D. Novel role for the Saccharomyces cerevisiae oligopeptide transporter Opt2 in drug detoxification. Biochem Cell Biol. 2009;87:653-61 pubmed publisher..We propose that Opt2 has a novel function involving the fusion of vesicles to form a mature vacuole. ..
- Reynolds A, McDearmid J, Lachance S, De Marco P, Merello E, Capra V, et al. VANGL1 rare variants associated with neural tube defects affect convergent extension in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2010;127:385-92 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates a high degree of functional conservation of VANGL genes across evolution and provides a model system for studying potential variants identified in human NTDs. ..
- Jaramillo M, Gomez M, Larsson O, Shio M, Topisirovic I, Contreras I, et al. Leishmania repression of host translation through mTOR cleavage is required for parasite survival and infection. Cell Host Microbe. 2011;9:331-41 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that Leishmania evolved a survival mechanism by activating 4E-BPs, which serve as major targets for host translational control. ..
- Popperl H, Featherstone M. Identification of a retinoic acid response element upstream of the murine Hox-4.2 gene. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:257-65 pubmed..In addition, the response to RA could be inhibited by expressing a dominant negative form of RAR alpha in transfected P19 EC cells. These results suggested that Hox-4.2 is a target for RAR-mediated regulation by RA. ..
- Pyronnet S, Dostie J, Sonenberg N. Suppression of cap-dependent translation in mitosis. Genes Dev. 2001;15:2083-93 pubmed..Thus, inhibition of cap-dependent translation in mitosis results from a combination of phosphorylation modifications leading to eIF4F complex disruption. ..
- Leclerc D, Boutros M, Suh D, Wu Q, Palacin M, Ellis J, et al. SLC7A9 mutations in all three cystinuria subtypes. Kidney Int. 2002;62:1550-9 pubmed..Here we report genotype-phenotype studies of SLC7A9 mutations in a cohort of well-characterized cystinuria probands and their family members...
- Koenekoop R, Loyer M, Hand C, Al Mahdi H, Dembinska O, Beneish R, et al. Novel RPGR mutations with distinct retinitis pigmentosa phenotypes in French-Canadian families. Am J Ophthalmol. 2003;136:678-87 pubmed
- Hebeisen M, Drysdale J, Roy R. Suppressors of the cdc-25.1(gf)-associated intestinal hyperplasia reveal important maternal roles for prp-8 and a subset of splicing factors in C. elegans. RNA. 2008;14:2618-33 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that in addition to its important regulatory function in the C. elegans germ line, prp-8(rr40) may provide further insight into the etiology of this splicing-associated human disorder. ..
- Kasneci A, Kemeny Suss N, Komarova S, Chalifour L. Egr-1 negatively regulates calsequestrin expression and calcium dynamics in ventricular cells. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;81:695-702 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Egr-1 acts as a transcriptional repressor at the CSQ promoter, resulting in downregulation of CSQ, the major calcium storage protein that links excitation-contraction coupling in the cardiac sarcoendoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Lorenzo L, Godin A, Wang F, St Louis M, Carbonetto S, Wiseman P, et al. Gephyrin clusters are absent from small diameter primary afferent terminals despite the presence of GABA(A) receptors. J Neurosci. 2014;34:8300-17 pubmed publisher..The absence of gephyrin clusters from primary afferent terminals suggests a more diffuse mode of GABA(A)-mediated transmission at presynaptic than at postsynaptic sites. ..
- Vidal S, Tremblay M, Govoni G, Gauthier S, Sebastiani G, Malo D, et al. The Ity/Lsh/Bcg locus: natural resistance to infection with intracellular parasites is abrogated by disruption of the Nramp1 gene. J Exp Med. 1995;182:655-66 pubmed
- Whiteway M, Wu C, Leeuw T, Clark K, Fourest Lieuvin A, Thomas D, et al. Association of the yeast pheromone response G protein beta gamma subunits with the MAP kinase scaffold Ste5p. Science. 1995;269:1572-5 pubmed..Thus, association of the G protein and the MAP kinase cassette via the scaffolding protein Ste5p may transmit the G protein signal. ..
- Moeck G, Coulton J, Postle K. Cell envelope signaling in Escherichia coli. Ligand binding to the ferrichrome-iron receptor fhua promotes interaction with the energy-transducing protein TonB. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:28391-7 pubmed..These studies demonstrate the significance of ligand binding at the external surface of the cell to mediate signal transduction across the outer membrane. ..
- Ramjaun A, Angers A, Legendre Guillemin V, Tong X, McPherson P. Endophilin regulates JNK activation through its interaction with the germinal center kinase-like kinase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:28913-9 pubmed..Overexpression of full-length endophilin I activates rGLK-mediated JNK activation, whereas N- and C-terminal fragments of endophilin I block JNK activation. Thus, endophilin I appears to have a novel function in JNK activation. ..
- Querido E, Blanchette P, Yan Q, Kamura T, Morrison M, Boivin D, et al. Degradation of p53 by adenovirus E4orf6 and E1B55K proteins occurs via a novel mechanism involving a Cullin-containing complex. Genes Dev. 2001;15:3104-17 pubmed..E4orf6/E1B55K failed to induce the degradation of p53 at the nonpermissive temperature. Thus, our results identify a novel role for the Cullin-based machinery in regulation of p53. ..
- Styhler S, Nakamura A, Lasko P. VASA localization requires the SPRY-domain and SOCS-box containing protein, GUSTAVUS. Dev Cell. 2002;3:865-76 pubmed..Therefore, GUS is essential for the posterior localization of VAS. However, gus is not required for the posterior localization of oskar (osk). Apparent gus orthologs are present in mammalian genomes. ..
- Yu V, Ambartsoumian G, Verlinden L, Moir J, Prud homme J, Gauthier C, et al. FIAT represses ATF4-mediated transcription to regulate bone mass in transgenic mice. J Cell Biol. 2005;169:591-601 pubmed..These results show that FIAT regulates bone mass accrual and establish FIAT as a novel transcriptional regulator of osteoblastic function. ..
- Colina R, Costa Mattioli M, Dowling R, Jaramillo M, Tai L, Breitbach C, et al. Translational control of the innate immune response through IRF-7. Nature. 2008;452:323-8 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the role of 4E-BPs as negative regulators of type-I IFN production, via translational repression of Irf7 mRNA. ..
- Katoh Y, Ritter B, Gaffry T, Blondeau F, Honing S, McPherson P. The clavesin family, neuron-specific lipid- and clathrin-binding Sec14 proteins regulating lysosomal morphology. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:27646-54 pubmed publisher..Since clavesins are expressed exclusively in neurons, this new protein family appears to provide a unique neuron-specific regulation of late endosome/lysosome morphology. ..
- Levy E, Harmel E, Laville M, Sanchez R, Emonnot L, Sinnett D, et al. Expression of Sar1b enhances chylomicron assembly and key components of the coat protein complex II system driving vesicle budding. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:2692-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Sar1b expression may promote intestinal lipid transport with the involvement of the coat protein complex II network and the processing of SREBP-1c. ..
- Volpon L, Osborne M, Capul A, de la Torre J, Borden K. Structural characterization of the Z RING-eIF4E complex reveals a distinct mode of control for eIF4E. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:5441-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our findings provide unique insights into RING protein interactions...
- Côté I, Ngo Sock E, Levy E, Lavoie J. An atherogenic diet decreases liver FXR gene expression and causes severe hepatic steatosis and hepatic cholesterol accumulation: effect of endurance training. Eur J Nutr. 2013;52:1523-32 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that dietary cholesterol favors liver TAG and cholesterol accumulations associated with an important reduction in FXR transcripts. ..
- Menard C, Quirion R. Successful cognitive aging in rats: a role for mGluR5 glutamate receptors, homer 1 proteins and downstream signaling pathways. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e28666 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these results, a model of successful cognitive aging with a critical role for mGluR5, Homer 1 proteins and downstream signalling pathways is proposed here. ..
- Xiao Y, Boyer C, Vincent E, Dugré A, Vachon V, Potier M, et al. Involvement of disulphide bonds in the renal sodium/phosphate co-transporter NaPi-2. Biochem J. 1997;323 ( Pt 2):401-8 pubmed
- Gingras A, Gygi S, Raught B, Polakiewicz R, Abraham R, Hoekstra M, et al. Regulation of 4E-BP1 phosphorylation: a novel two-step mechanism. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1422-37 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that 4E-BP1 phosphorylation by FRAP/mTOR on Thr-37 and Thr-46 is a priming event for subsequent phosphorylation of the carboxy-terminal serum-sensitive sites. ..
- Morin I, Devlin A, Leclerc D, Sabbaghian N, Halsted C, Finnell R, et al. Evaluation of genetic variants in the reduced folate carrier and in glutamate carboxypeptidase II for spina bifida risk. Mol Genet Metab. 2003;79:197-200 pubmed
- Binda O, Roy J, Branton P. RBP1 family proteins exhibit SUMOylation-dependent transcriptional repression and induce cell growth inhibition reminiscent of senescence. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:1917-31 pubmed
- Goodyer C, Rhani Z, Zheng H. Expression of the hepatic specific V1 messenger ribonucleic acid of the human growth hormone receptor gene is regulated by hepatic nuclear factor (HNF)-4alpha2 and HNF-4alpha8. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:485-500 pubmed
- Matta Camacho E, Kozlov G, Trempe J, Gehring K. Atypical binding of the Swa2p UBA domain to ubiquitin. J Mol Biol. 2009;386:569-77 pubmed publisher..These results reveal convergent evolution of a Ub-binding site on helix alpha1 of UBA domains involved in membrane protein trafficking. ..
- Gravel M, Iliescu A, Horth C, Apuzzo S, Gros P. Molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying neural tube defects in the loop-tail mutant mouse. Biochemistry. 2010;49:3445-55 pubmed publisher..Our study provide an experimental framework for the analysis of human VANGL mutations recently identified in familial and sporadic cases of spina bifida. ..
- Dowling R, Topisirovic I, Alain T, Bidinosti M, Fonseca B, Petroulakis E, et al. mTORC1-mediated cell proliferation, but not cell growth, controlled by the 4E-BPs. Science. 2010;328:1172-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, control of cell size and cell cycle progression appear to be independent in mammalian cells, whereas in lower eukaryotes, 4E-BPs influence both cell growth and proliferation. ..
- Wing S, Dumas F, Banville D. A rabbit reticulocyte ubiquitin carrier protein that supports ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis (E214k) is homologous to the yeast DNA repair gene RAD6. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:6495-501 pubmed
- Malo D, Vogan K, Vidal S, Hu J, Cellier M, Schurr E, et al. Haplotype mapping and sequence analysis of the mouse Nramp gene predict susceptibility to infection with intracellular parasites. Genomics. 1994;23:51-61 pubmed
- Ye F, Zangenehpour S, Chaudhuri A. Light-induced down-regulation of the rat class 1 dynein-associated protein robl/LC7-like gene in visual cortex. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:27172-6 pubmed..Our results suggest a high turnover rate of the robl/LC7-like protein and the presence of a repressor mechanism in neurons that is tightly coupled to synaptic stimulation. ..
- Sacher M. Membrane traffic fuses with cartilage development. FEBS Lett. 2003;550:1-4 pubmed
- Minoo P, Zadeh M, Rottapel R, Lebrun J, Ali S. A novel SHP-1/Grb2-dependent mechanism of negative regulation of cytokine-receptor signaling: contribution of SHP-1 C-terminal tyrosines in cytokine signaling. Blood. 2004;103:1398-407 pubmed..All together, our results indicate that SHP-1 inhibits PRLR and EPOR signaling by recruitment and targeting of SOCS-1 to Jak2, highlighting a new mechanism of SHP-1 regulation of cytokine-receptor signaling. ..
- Leary S, Cobine P, Kaufman B, Guercin G, Mattman A, Palaty J, et al. The human cytochrome c oxidase assembly factors SCO1 and SCO2 have regulatory roles in the maintenance of cellular copper homeostasis. Cell Metab. 2007;5:9-20 pubmed..These results suggest a mitochondrial pathway for the regulation of cellular copper content that involves signaling through SCO1 and SCO2, perhaps by their thiol redox or metal-binding state. ..
- Marat A, Ioannou M, McPherson P. Connecdenn 3/DENND1C binds actin linking Rab35 activation to the actin cytoskeleton. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:163-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, whereas connecdenn 1 and 2 activate Rab35 for endosomal trafficking, connecdenn 3 uniquely activates Rab35 for its role in actin regulation. ..
- Tonin P, Ehrenborg E, Lenoir G, Feunteun J, Lynch H, Morgan K, et al. The human insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 4 gene maps to chromosome region 17q12-q21.1 and is close to the gene for hereditary breast-ovarian cancer. Genomics. 1993;18:414-7 pubmed..IGFBP4 is, however, one of the closest known centromeric markers for BRCA1; the estimated recombination fraction is 0.015. IGFBP4 and D17S579 together define a 2.8-cM interval that contains BRCA1. ..
- Whalen S, Gingras A, Amankwa L, Mader S, Branton P, Aebersold R, et al. Phosphorylation of eIF-4E on serine 209 by protein kinase C is inhibited by the translational repressors, 4E-binding proteins. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:11831-7 pubmed..This suggests a two-step model for the phosphorylation (and activation) of eIF4E by growth factors and hormones: first, dissociation of eIF4E from 4E-BPs, followed by eIF4E phosphorylation. ..
- Zhang X, Tenenhouse H, Hewson A, Murer H, Eydoux P. Assignment of renal-specific Na(+)-phosphate cotransporter gene Slc17a2 to mouse chromosome band 13B by in situ hybridization. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1997;77:304-5 pubmed
- Greenwood M, Guo Y, Kumar U, Beauséjours S, Hussain S. Distribution of protein inhibitor of neuronal nitric oxide synthase in rat brain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;238:617-21 pubmed..Our results also suggest that PIN may serve other functions other than nNOS inhibition. ..
- Leeuw T, Wu C, Schrag J, Whiteway M, Thomas D, Leberer E. Interaction of a G-protein beta-subunit with a conserved sequence in Ste20/PAK family protein kinases. Nature. 1998;391:191-5 pubmed
- Lai A, Marcellus R, Corbeil H, Branton P. RBP1 induces growth arrest by repression of E2F-dependent transcription. Oncogene. 1999;18:2091-100 pubmed..Overexpression of RBP1 both inhibited E2F-dependent gene expression and suppressed cell growth. Thus repression of E2F-dependent transcription by RBP1 via RB family members may play a central role in inducing growth arrest. ..
- Wang A, Yang X. Histone deacetylase 4 possesses intrinsic nuclear import and export signals. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:5992-6005 pubmed
- Ruffolo S, Shore G. BCL-2 selectively interacts with the BID-induced open conformer of BAK, inhibiting BAK auto-oligomerization. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:25039-45 pubmed..This model suggests that the primary mechanism for BCL-2 blockade targets activated BAK rather than sequestering tBID. ..
- Ivanisevic L, Banerjee K, Saragovi H. Differential cross-regulation of TrkA and TrkC tyrosine kinase receptors with p75. Oncogene. 2003;22:5677-85 pubmed..Therefore, a complex homeostasis of p75-selective and Trk-selective signals may determine the fate of cells expressing both receptors. ..
- Bedirian A, Baldwin C, Abe J, Takano T, Lemay S. Pleckstrin homology and phosphotyrosine-binding domain-dependent membrane association and tyrosine phosphorylation of Dok-4, an inhibitory adapter molecule expressed in epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:19335-49 pubmed..In summary, Dok-4 is a constitutively membrane-localized adapter molecule that may function as an inhibitor of tyrosine kinase signaling in epithelial cells. ..
- Cavey M, Hijal S, Zhang X, Suter B. Drosophila valois encodes a divergent WD protein that is required for Vasa localization and Oskar protein accumulation. Development. 2005;132:459-68 pubmed..Based on the structure of Vls, the function of similar proteins in different systems and our phenotypic analysis, it seems likely that vls may promote posterior patterning by facilitating interactions between different molecules. ..
- Ouellet V, Guyot M, Le Page C, Filali Mouhim A, Lussier C, Tonin P, et al. Tissue array analysis of expression microarray candidates identifies markers associated with tumor grade and outcome in serous epithelial ovarian cancer. Int J Cancer. 2006;119:599-607 pubmed..001, 0.03, respectively). The application of these biomarkers in both the initial diagnosis and prognostic attributes of patients with epithelial ovarian tumors should prove to be useful in patient management. ..
- Heyd F, Carmo Fonseca M, Moroy T. Differential isoform expression and interaction with the P32 regulatory protein controls the subcellular localization of the splicing factor U2AF26. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:19636-45 pubmed publisher..Such a mechanism could work in addition to the differential expression of U2AF homologs to contribute to the regulation of alternative splicing. ..
- Rong L, Livingstone M, Sukarieh R, Petroulakis E, Gingras A, Crosby K, et al. Control of eIF4E cellular localization by eIF4E-binding proteins, 4E-BPs. RNA. 2008;14:1318-27 pubmed publisher..A dramatic loss of nuclear 4E-BP1 occurs in c-Ha-Ras-expressing MEFs, which fail to show starvation-induced nuclear accumulation of eIF4E. Therefore, 4E-BP1 is a regulator of eIF4E cellular localization. ..
- Villani A, Lemire M, Fortin G, Louis E, Silverberg M, Collette C, et al. Common variants in the NLRP3 region contribute to Crohn's disease susceptibility. Nat Genet. 2009;41:71-6 pubmed publisher..Mutations in NLRP3 are known to be responsible for three rare autoinflammatory disorders. These results suggest that the NLRP3 region is also implicated in the susceptibility of more common inflammatory diseases such as Crohn's disease. ..
- Majdi M, Ribeiro da Silva A, Cuello A. Variations in excitatory and inhibitory postsynaptic protein content in rat cerebral cortex with respect to aging and cognitive status. Neuroscience. 2009;159:896-907 pubmed publisher..Finally, the excitatory, postsynaptic neuronal cell-adhesion receptor, neuroligin-1, was found to be significantly increased in both the prefrontal and parietal cortical areas of AI animals. ..
- McDonald K, Aulas A, Destroismaisons L, Pickles S, Beleac E, Camu W, et al. TAR DNA-binding protein 43 (TDP-43) regulates stress granule dynamics via differential regulation of G3BP and TIA-1. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:1400-10 pubmed publisher..Thus, mutations in TDP-43 are mechanistically divergent. Finally, the cellular function of TDP-43 extends beyond splicing and places TDP-43 as a participant of the central cellular response to stress and an active player in RNA storage. ..
- Manku G, Wang Y, Thuillier R, Rhodes C, Culty M. Developmental expression of the translocator protein 18 kDa (TSPO) in testicular germ cells. Curr Mol Med. 2012;12:467-75 pubmed..However, TSPO strong expression in dividing spermatogonia suggests that it might play a role in spermatogonial mitosis. Taken together, these results suggest that TSPO plays a role in specific phases of germ cell development...
- Sztrolovics R, Chen X, Grover J, Roughley P, Korenberg J. Localization of the human fibromodulin gene (FMOD) to chromosome 1q32 and completion of the cDNA sequence. Genomics. 1994;23:715-7 pubmed
- Lin G, McCormick J, Johnstone R. Is gamma-actin a regulator of amino acid transport?. Am J Physiol. 1996;270:C1647-55 pubmed..The data suggest that the gamma-actin-like protein coded for by E51 cDNA may play a significant regulatory role in amino acid transport...
- Beck L, Karaplis A, Amizuka N, Hewson A, Ozawa H, Tenenhouse H. Targeted inactivation of Npt2 in mice leads to severe renal phosphate wasting, hypercalciuria, and skeletal abnormalities. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:5372-7 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that Npt2 is a major regulator of Pi homeostasis and necessary for normal skeletal development. ..
- Murthy K, Clark K, Fortin Y, Shen S, Banville D. ZRP-1, a zyxin-related protein, interacts with the second PDZ domain of the cytosolic protein tyrosine phosphatase hPTP1E. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:20679-87 pubmed..The genomic organization of the ZRP-1 coding sequence is identical to that of the lipoma preferred partner gene, another Zyxin-related protein, suggesting that the two genes have evolved from a recent gene duplication event. ..
- Alini M, Roughley P. Changes in leucine-rich repeat proteoglycans during maturation of the bovine growth plate. Matrix Biol. 2001;19:805-13 pubmed..In the case of both biglycan and fibromodulin, message expression continued at a similar level throughout the growth plate. Thus, the leucine-rich repeat proteoglycans are different in the way they behave during growth plate maturation. ..
- Shoubridge E. Cytochrome c oxidase deficiency. Am J Med Genet. 2001;106:46-52 pubmed..Although the genetic defects in the majority of patients with COX deficiency are unknown, it is likely that most will be solved in the near future using functional complementation techniques. ..
- Diaz Anzaldua A, Joober R, Riviere J, Dion Y, Lesperance P, Richer F, et al. Tourette syndrome and dopaminergic genes: a family-based association study in the French Canadian founder population. Mol Psychiatry. 2004;9:272-7 pubmed..No associations were found for DRD2, DRD3 or SLC6A3. These data support the notion that DRD4 and MOA-A genes may confer an increased risk for developing TS in the French Canadian population. ..
- Tardif G, Hum D, Pelletier J, Boileau C, Ranger P, Martel Pelletier J. Differential gene expression and regulation of the bone morphogenetic protein antagonists follistatin and gremlin in normal and osteoarthritic human chondrocytes and synovial fibroblasts. Arthritis Rheum. 2004;50:2521-30 pubmed..The data suggest that follistatin and gremlin might appear at different stages during the OA process, making them interesting targets for the treatment of this disease. ..
- Kielczewska A, Pyzik M, Sun T, Krmpotic A, Lodoen M, Munks M, et al. Ly49P recognition of cytomegalovirus-infected cells expressing H2-Dk and CMV-encoded m04 correlates with the NK cell antiviral response. J Exp Med. 2009;206:515-23 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a novel mechanism of major histocompatibility complex class I-restricted recognition of virally infected cells by an activating NK cell receptor...
- Yanagiya A, Delbes G, Svitkin Y, Robaire B, Sonenberg N. The poly(A)-binding protein partner Paip2a controls translation during late spermiogenesis in mice. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:3389-400 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose a model whereby efficient mRNA translation in late spermiogenesis occurs at an optimal concentration of Pabp, a condition not fulfilled in Paip2a/Paip2b-DKO mice...
- Iliescu A, Gravel M, Horth C, Kibar Z, Gros P. Loss of membrane targeting of Vangl proteins causes neural tube defects. Biochemistry. 2011;50:795-804 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a biochemical framework for the study of recently identified mutations in hVANGL1 and hVANGL2 in sporadic or familial cases of neural tube defects. ..
- Chang N, Nguyen M, Bourdon J, Risse P, Martin J, Danialou G, et al. Bcl-2-associated autophagy regulator Naf-1 required for maintenance of skeletal muscle. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:2277-87 pubmed publisher..Our findings uncover a novel pathway that is required for normal muscle maintenance, which may ultimately provide a novel therapeutic target for treating certain muscle pathologies. ..
- Abbas Y, Pichlmair A, Górna M, Superti Furga G, Nagar B. Structural basis for viral 5'-PPP-RNA recognition by human IFIT proteins. Nature. 2013;494:60-4 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the mechanism by which IFIT proteins selectively recognize viral RNA, and lend insight into their downstream effector function. ..
- Boraska V, Franklin C, Floyd J, Thornton L, Huckins L, Southam L, et al. A genome-wide association study of anorexia nervosa. Mol Psychiatry. 2014;19:1085-94 pubmed publisher..The accrual of large genotyped AN case-control samples should be an immediate priority for the field. ..
- Tenenhouse H, Roy S, Martel J, Gauthier C. Differential expression, abundance, and regulation of Na+-phosphate cotransporter genes in murine kidney. Am J Physiol. 1998;275:F527-34 pubmed..Our results suggest that increased renal Glvr-1 mRNA may contribute to GH stimulation of renal Na+-Pi cotransport. ..
- Wu C, Leberer E, Thomas D, Whiteway M. Functional characterization of the interaction of Ste50p with Ste11p MAPKKK in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:2425-40 pubmed..In addition, Ste50p appears to modulate Ste11p autophosphorylation and is itself a substrate of the Ste11p kinase. Therefore, both in vivo and in vitro data support a role for Ste50p in the regulation of Ste11p activity. ..
- Miron M, Verdu J, Lachance P, Birnbaum M, Lasko P, Sonenberg N. The translational inhibitor 4E-BP is an effector of PI(3)K/Akt signalling and cell growth in Drosophila. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:596-601 pubmed..Our results support a role for d4E-BP as an effector of cell growth. ..
- Latour S, Gish G, Helgason C, Humphries R, Pawson T, Veillette A. Regulation of SLAM-mediated signal transduction by SAP, the X-linked lymphoproliferative gene product. Nat Immunol. 2001;2:681-90 pubmed..They also provide insights into the pathophysiology of a severe human lymphoproliferative disease. ..
- Laverdiere C, Chiasson S, Costea I, Moghrabi A, Krajinovic M. Polymorphism G80A in the reduced folate carrier gene and its relationship to methotrexate plasma levels and outcome of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Blood. 2002;100:3832-4 pubmed..004) than the other genotype groups. Possible explanations for observed associations are discussed; however, additional experiments are required to achieve understanding of the underlying mechanism. ..
- Kaplan F, Comber J, Sladek R, Hudson T, Muglia L, Macrae T, et al. The growth factor midkine is modulated by both glucocorticoid and retinoid in fetal lung development. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2003;28:33-41 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate the coincident modulation of expression of MK at the same developmental time point by both GC and RA, providing a potential mechanism for the integration of GC and RA effects on fetal lung development. ..
- Jeronimo C, Langelier M, Zeghouf M, Cojocaru M, Bergeron D, Baali D, et al. RPAP1, a novel human RNA polymerase II-associated protein affinity purified with recombinant wild-type and mutated polymerase subunits. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:7043-58 pubmed
- Yu V, El Hoss J, St Arnaud R. FIAT inhibition increases osteoblast activity by modulating Atf4-dependent functions. J Cell Biochem. 2009;106:186-92 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that inhibition of FIAT expression increases ATF4 activity and confirm the important role of FIAT in osteoblast function. ..
- Barsalani R, Chapados N, Lavoie J. Hepatic VLDL-TG production and MTP gene expression are decreased in ovariectomized rats: effects of exercise training. Horm Metab Res. 2010;42:860-7 pubmed publisher..The training effect on reducing VLDL production was independent of the estrogenic status. ..
- Morita M, Ler L, Fabian M, Siddiqui N, Mullin M, Henderson V, et al. A novel 4EHP-GIGYF2 translational repressor complex is essential for mammalian development. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:3585-93 pubmed publisher..We propose a model by which the m4EHP-GIGYF2 complex represses translation of a subset of mRNAs during embryonic development, as was previously reported for d4EHP. ..
- Patel B, Raad M, Sebag I, Chalifour L. Lifelong exposure to bisphenol a alters cardiac structure/function, protein expression, and DNA methylation in adult mice. Toxicol Sci. 2013;133:174-85 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that continual exposure to BPA impacts cardiac structure/function, protein expression, and epigenetic DNA methylation marks in males and females. ..
- Doyon P, van Zuylen W, Servant M. Role of I?B kinase-? in the growth-promoting effects of angiotensin II in vitro and in vivo. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:2850-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insights into the molecular understanding of the pathological role of Ang II and assist in identifying the beneficial effects of IKK? inhibition for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Beck L, Tenenhouse H, Meyer R, Meyer M, Biber J, Murer H. Renal expression of Na+-phosphate cotransporter mRNA and protein: effect of the Gy mutation and low phosphate diet. Pflugers Arch. 1996;431:936-41 pubmed
- Nagarajan L, Storms R. Molecular characterization of GCV3, the Saccharomyces cerevisiae gene coding for the glycine cleavage system hydrogen carrier protein. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:4444-50 pubmed..Finally, like many amino acid biosynthetic genes, GCV3 is subject to regulation by the general amino acid control system. ..
- Lai A, Lee J, Yang W, DeCaprio J, Kaelin W, Seto E, et al. RBP1 recruits both histone deacetylase-dependent and -independent repression activities to retinoblastoma family proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:6632-41 pubmed..Thus, RB family members repress transcription by recruiting RBP1 to the pocket. RBP1, in turn, serves as a bridging molecule to recruit HDACs and, in addition, provides a second HDAC-independent repression function. ..