Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on biological transport in Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Locale: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Topic: biological transport
Publications110 found, 100 shown here
- Canonne Hergaux F, Zhang A, Ponka P, Gros P. Characterization of the iron transporter DMT1 (NRAMP2/DCT1) in red blood cells of normal and anemic mk/mk mice. Blood. 2001;98:3823-30 pubmed..Together, these results provide further evidence that DMT1 plays a central role in iron acquisition via the transferrin cycle in erythroid cells. ..
- Fillebeen C, Muckenthaler M, Andriopoulos B, Bisaillon M, Mounir Z, Hentze M, et al. Expression of the subgenomic hepatitis C virus replicon alters iron homeostasis in Huh7 cells. J Hepatol. 2007;47:12-22 pubmed..This response may provide a mechanism to bypass iron-mediated inactivation of the viral RNA polymerase NS5B. ..
- Dube E, Ethier Chiasson M, Lafond J. Modulation of cholesterol transport by insulin-treated gestational diabetes mellitus in human full-term placenta. Biol Reprod. 2013;88:16 pubmed publisher..These changes could affect the fetal metabolism and predispose the fetus to future metabolic diseases. ..
- Hafiane A, Jabor B, Ruel I, Ling J, Genest J. High-density lipoprotein mediated cellular cholesterol efflux in acute coronary syndromes. Am J Cardiol. 2014;113:249-55 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data support the concept that atherogenic HDL dysfunction and impaired efflux occur in ACS, independent of changes in plasma HDL cholesterol and apolipoprotein A-I levels. ..
- Khursigara C, De Crescenzo G, Pawelek P, Coulton J. Enhanced binding of TonB to a ligand-loaded outer membrane receptor: role of the oligomeric state of TonB in formation of a functional FhuA.TonB complex. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:7405-12 pubmed..TonB interactions are more intricate than originally predicted, that the TonB.FhuA stoichiometry is 2:1, and that ferricrocin modulates binding of FhuA to TonB at regions outside the C-terminal domain of TonB. ..
- Boudreault F, Grygorczyk R. Cell swelling-induced ATP release and gadolinium-sensitive channels. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2002;282:C219-26 pubmed..Such biphasic and cell-specific effects of Gd(3+) are most consistent with its action on membrane lipids and membrane-dependent processes such as exocytosis. ..
- Bian Y, Guo C, Chang T. Temperature stability of Poly-[hemoglobin-superoxide dismutase-catalase-carbonic anhydrase] in the form of a solution or in the lyophilized form during storage at -80 Â°C, 4 Â°C, 25 Â°C and 37 Â°C or pasteurization at 70 Â°C. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol. 2016;44:41-7 pubmed publisher..According to the P50 value, Poly-[SFHb-SOD-CAT-CA] retains its oxygen carrying ability before and after long-term storage. ..
- Sabbagh S, Lepage C, McClelland M, Daigle F. Selection of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhi genes involved during interaction with human macrophages by screening of a transposon mutant library. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36643 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these results reveal several genes encoding molecular mechanisms not previously known to be involved in systemic infection by human-adapted typhoidal Salmonella that will need to be elucidated. ..
- Carter D, Gagnon J, Damlaj M, Mandava S, Makowski L, Rodi D, et al. Phage display reveals multiple contact sites between FhuA, an outer membrane receptor of Escherichia coli, and TonB. J Mol Biol. 2006;357:236-51 pubmed..These experimental outcomes identify specific molecular contacts made between TonB and OM receptors that extend beyond the well-characterized Ton box. ..
- Hoag H, Martel J, Gauthier C, Tenenhouse H. Effects of Npt2 gene ablation and low-phosphate diet on renal Na(+)/phosphate cotransport and cotransporter gene expression. J Clin Invest. 1999;104:679-86 pubmed
- Hascalovici J, Song W, Vaya J, Khatib S, Fuhrman B, Aviram M, et al. Impact of heme oxygenase-1 on cholesterol synthesis, cholesterol efflux and oxysterol formation in cultured astroglia. J Neurochem. 2009;108:72-81 pubmed publisher..As the latter may impact synaptic plasticity and neuronal repair, modulation of glial HO-1 expression (by pharmacological or other means) may confer neuroprotection in patients with degenerative brain disorders. ..
- Alvarez J, Katayama T, Prat A. Glial influence on the blood brain barrier. Glia. 2013;61:1939-58 pubmed publisher..In addition, we describe changes that occur in astrocytes and endothelial cells during injury and inflammation with a particular emphasis on alterations of the BBB phenotype. ..
- Andreev E, Brosseau N, Carmona E, Mes Masson A, Ramotar D. The human organic cation transporter OCT1 mediates high affinity uptake of the anticancer drug daunorubicin. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20508 pubmed publisher..This is the first report demonstrating that human OCT1 is involved in the high affinity transport of anthracyclines. We postulate that OCT1 defects may contribute to the resistance of cancer cells treated with anthracyclines. ..
- Renguet E, Ginion A, Gélinas R, Bultot L, Auquier J, Robillard Frayne I, et al. Metabolism and acetylation contribute to leucine-mediated inhibition of cardiac glucose uptake. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017;313:H432-H445 pubmed publisher..Listen to this article's corresponding podcast at http://ajpheart.podbean.com/e/leucine-metabolism-inhibits-cardiac-glucose-uptake/. ..
- Brunette M, Leclerc M. Renal action of progesterone: effect on calcium reabsorption. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2002;194:183-90 pubmed..68+/-0.03 to 0.53+/-0.07 pmol/microg per 10 s (P<0.05). Finally, 10(-11) M progesterone also enhanced Ca(2+) uptake by the DT membranes through a direct nongenomic mechanism. ..
- Rivière J, Ramalingam S, Lavastre V, Shekarabi M, Holbert S, Lafontaine J, et al. KIF1A, an axonal transporter of synaptic vesicles, is mutated in hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy type 2. Am J Hum Genet. 2011;89:219-30 pubmed publisher..This study provides additional insights into the molecular pathogenesis of HSANII and highlights the potential biological relevance of alternative splicing in the peripheral sensory nervous system...
- Wang H, Guay G, Pogan L, Sauve R, Nabi I. Calcium regulates the association between mitochondria and a smooth subdomain of the endoplasmic reticulum. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:1489-98 pubmed..Therefore, we describe a cellular mechanism that facilitates the close association of this smooth ER subdomain and mitochondria when cytosolic free calcium rises above physiological levels. ..
- Girardin M, Dionne S, Goyette P, Rioux J, Bitton A, Elimrani I, et al. Expression and functional analysis of intestinal organic cation/L-carnitine transporter (OCTN) in Crohn's disease. J Crohns Colitis. 2012;6:189-97 pubmed publisher..Overall, ileal carnitine transport appears to as well equal in Crohn's Disease and control groups. However, there was a trend towards higher carnitine transport in subjects with OCTN1 and OCTN2 mutations. ..
- Tan K, Culjkovic B, Amri A, Borden K. Ribavirin targets eIF4E dependent Akt survival signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;375:341-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, ribavirin coordinately impairs eIF4E dependent pathways and thereby, potently inhibits its biological effects. ..
- Boncoeur E, Tardif V, Tessier M, Morneau F, Lavoie J, Gendreau Berthiaume E, et al. Modulation of epithelial sodium channel activity by lipopolysaccharide in alveolar type II cells: involvement of purinergic signaling. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2010;298:L417-26 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings demonstrate an important role of extracellular ATP signaling in the response of epithelial cells to LPS. ..
- Gagnon D, Holt A, Bourgeois F, Wallendorff B, Coady M, Lapointe J. Membrane topology of loop 13-14 of the Na+/glucose cotransporter (SGLT1): a SCAM and fluorescent labelling study. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1712:173-84 pubmed..We conclude that the large, hydrophilic loop near the carboxyl terminus of SGLT1 is thus accessible to the external solution but does not appear to play a major part in the binding of phlorizin. ..
- Lamoureux G, Javelle A, Baday S, Wang S, Berneche S. Transport mechanisms in the ammonium transporter family. Transfus Clin Biol. 2010;17:168-75 pubmed publisher..We discuss these mechanisms in light of some recent functional and simulation studies on the AmtB transporter and illustrate how they can be reconciled with the available high resolution X-ray data. ..
- Garnier N, Redstone G, Dahabieh M, Nichol J, Del Rincón S, Gu Y, et al. The novel arsenical darinaparsin is transported by cystine importing systems. Mol Pharmacol. 2014;85:576-85 pubmed publisher..Further, we propose that Dar induces its own import via increased xCT expression. These mechanisms may explain the enhanced toxicity of Dar toward cancer cells compared with ATO. ..
- Lahjouji K, Aouameur R, Bissonnette P, Coady M, Bichet D, Lapointe J. Expression and functionality of the Na+/myo-inositol cotransporter SMIT2 in rabbit kidney. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1768:1154-9 pubmed publisher..We thus conclude that, in the rabbit kidney, SMIT2 is predominantly expressed in the cortex where it is probably responsible for the apical transport of MI into the proximal tubule...
- Canonne Hergaux F, Fleming M, Levy J, Gauthier S, Ralph T, Picard V, et al. The Nramp2/DMT1 iron transporter is induced in the duodenum of microcytic anemia mk mice but is not properly targeted to the intestinal brush border. Blood. 2000;96:3964-70 pubmed..This loss of function of DMT1 is paralleled by a dramatic increase in expression of the defective protein in mk/mk mice. This is consistent with a feedback regulation of DMT1 expression by iron stores. (Blood. 2000;96:3964-3970) ..
- Francis M, Cristea M, Yang Y, Winnik F. Engineering polysaccharide-based polymeric micelles to enhance permeability of cyclosporin A across Caco-2 cells. Pharm Res. 2005;22:209-19 pubmed..Polysaccharide-based polymeric micelles are promising carriers for the oral delivery of poorly water soluble drugs. In vitro tests indicate that, overall, HM-HPC micelles are more effective compared to HM-DEX micelles. ..
- Poupon V, Girard M, Legendre Guillemin V, Thomas S, Bourbonniere L, Philie J, et al. Clathrin light chains function in mannose phosphate receptor trafficking via regulation of actin assembly. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:168-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, in mammalian cells CLCs function in intracellular membrane trafficking by acting as recruitment proteins for HIP1R, enabling HIP1R to regulate actin assembly on clathrin-coated structures. ..
- Liebsch F, Aurousseau M, Bethge T, McGuire H, Scolari S, Herrmann A, et al. Full-length cellular ?-secretase has a trimeric subunit stoichiometry, and its sulfur-rich transmembrane interaction site modulates cytosolic copper compartmentalization. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13258-13270 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, therapeutic Alzheimer disease prevention strategies aimed at decreasing BACE1 protein levels should be regarded with caution, because adverse effects in copper homeostasis may occur. ..
- Morimoto N, Wakamura M, Muramatsu K, Toita S, Nakayama M, Shoji W, et al. Membrane Translocation and Organelle-Selective Delivery Steered by Polymeric Zwitterionic Nanospheres. Biomacromolecules. 2016;17:1523-35 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the noncytotoxic and readily synthesized p(DMAPS-ran-PEGMA) can find applications as bioimaging tools and drug nanocarriers. ..
- Gruenheid S, Canonne Hergaux F, Gauthier S, Hackam D, Grinstein S, Gros P. The iron transport protein NRAMP2 is an integral membrane glycoprotein that colocalizes with transferrin in recycling endosomes. J Exp Med. 1999;189:831-41 pubmed..These findings suggest that Nramp2 plays a key role in the metabolism of transferrin-bound iron by transporting free Fe2+ across the endosomal membrane and into the cytoplasm. ..
- Tao T, Lan J, Presley J, Sweezey N, Kaplan F. Nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of lgl2 is developmentally regulated in fetal lung. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2004;30:350-9 pubmed..We speculate that lgl2 may be one important modulator of this process. ..
- Zhang A, Sheftel A, Ponka P. Intracellular kinetics of iron in reticulocytes: evidence for endosome involvement in iron targeting to mitochondria. Blood. 2005;105:368-75 pubmed..Collectively, these results are congruent with our hypothesis that a transient endosome-mitochondrion interaction mediates iron transfer between these organelles. ..
- Brouillette J, Quirion R. The common environmental pollutant dioxin-induced memory deficits by altering estrogen pathways and a major route of retinol transport involving transthyretin. Neurotoxicology. 2008;29:318-27 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the environmental and food pollutant TCDD can induce memory deficits by altering the estrogen pathways and a main route of TTR-mediated retinol transport. ..
- Jenna S, Caruso M, Emadali A, Nguyen D, Dominguez M, Li S, et al. Regulation of membrane trafficking by a novel Cdc42-related protein in Caenorhabditis elegans epithelial cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:1629-39 pubmed..Hence, our data demonstrate a function for CRP-1 in the regulation of membrane trafficking in a subset of cells with epithelial characteristics. ..
- Florian M, Jankowski M, Gutkowska J. Oxytocin increases glucose uptake in neonatal rat cardiomyocytes. Endocrinology. 2010;151:482-91 pubmed publisher..001), indicating common pathways. Our data suggest that OT and OT-GKR influence glucose uptake in neonatal rat CM and may thus play a role in the maintenance of cardiac function and cell survival during metabolic stress. ..
- Dorion S, Clendenning A, Jeukens J, Salas J, Parveen N, Haner A, et al. A large decrease of cytosolic triosephosphate isomerase in transgenic potato roots affects the distribution of carbon in primary metabolism. Planta. 2012;236:1177-90 pubmed..These results demonstrate that a large reduction of cytosolic TPI alters the distribution of carbon in plant primary metabolism. ..
- Gradi A, Tang Wai R, McBride H, Chu L, Shore G, Pelletier J. The human steroidogenic acute regulatory (StAR) gene is expressed in the urogenital system and encodes a mitochondrial polypeptide. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995;1258:228-33 pubmed..8 kb mRNA transcript present in testes, ovaries and kidneys. Using in vitro translated protein, we demonstrate that the StAR gene product can be efficiently imported into exogenously added mitochondria. ..
- Aouida M, Leduc A, Poulin R, Ramotar D. AGP2 encodes the major permease for high affinity polyamine import in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24267-76 pubmed..Thus, AGP2 encodes the first eukaryotic permease that preferentially uses spermidine over putrescine as a high affinity substrate and plays a central role in the uptake of polyamines in yeast. ..
- Haidara K, Marion M, Gascon Barre M, Denizeau F, Averill Bates D. Implication of caspases and subcellular compartments in tert-butylhydroperoxide induced apoptosis. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2008;229:65-76 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that caspase-9 and caspase-12 are activated in t-BHP-induced apoptosis in hepatocytes. We highlight the importance of subcellular compartments such as mitochondria, ER and nuclei in the apoptotic process. ..
- Lin R, Heylbroeck C, Pitha P, Hiscott J. Virus-dependent phosphorylation of the IRF-3 transcription factor regulates nuclear translocation, transactivation potential, and proteasome-mediated degradation. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:2986-96 pubmed
- Remy I, Michnick S. Visualization of biochemical networks in living cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:7678-83 pubmed..Our results demonstrate the feasibility of using this strategy in efforts of genomewide functional annotation. ..
- Germinario R, Manuel S, Chang Z, Leckett B. Inhibitors of protein synthesis cause increased hexose transport in cultured human fibroblasts by a mechanism other than transporter translocation. J Cell Physiol. 1992;151:156-63 pubmed..It is suggested that a mechanism other than glucose transporter translocation to the plasma membrane may be involved in causing this sugar transport increase...
- Pyronnet S, Dostie J, Sonenberg N. Suppression of cap-dependent translation in mitosis. Genes Dev. 2001;15:2083-93 pubmed..Thus, inhibition of cap-dependent translation in mitosis results from a combination of phosphorylation modifications leading to eIF4F complex disruption. ..
- Eisenhauer H, Shames S, Pawelek P, Coulton J. Siderophore transport through Escherichia coli outer membrane receptor FhuA with disulfide-tethered cork and barrel domains. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:30574-80 pubmed..We propose that, during siderophore transport through FhuA, the cork domain remains within the barrel rather than being displaced. ..
- Hubmacher D, Matzanke B, Anemüller S. Iron-uptake in the Euryarchaeon Halobacterium salinarum. Biometals. 2007;20:539-47 pubmed..Uptake of iron was inhibited merely at very high Ga concentrations. The results indicate an energy dependent iron uptake process in H. salinarum and suggest reduction of the metal at the membrane level. ..
- Truong T, Brodeur M, Falstrault L, Rhainds D, Brissette L. Expression of caveolin-1 in hepatic cells increases oxidized LDL uptake and preserves the expression of lipoprotein receptors. J Cell Biochem. 2009;108:906-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, hepatic caveolin-1 expression has significant effects on OxLDL metabolism and on lipoprotein receptor levels. ..
- Stuible M, Abella J, Feldhammer M, Nossov M, Sangwan V, Blagoev B, et al. PTP1B targets the endosomal sorting machinery: dephosphorylation of regulatory sites on the endosomal sorting complex required for transport component STAM2. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:23899-907 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a novel link between the dephosphorylation and endocytic machinery and suggest that PTP1B can affect RTK signaling in a previously unrecognized manner. ..
- Shao Z, Lin R, Newman E. Sequencing and characterization of the sdaC gene and identification of the sdaCB operon in Escherichia coli K12. Eur J Biochem. 1994;222:901-7 pubmed..Thelen, P., Ogawa, W., Inaba, K., Tsuda, M., Goldberg, E. B. & Tsuchiya, T. (1992) J. Bacteriol. 174, 7482-7485]. ..
- Granger D, Marsolais M, Burry J, Laprade R. V-type H+-ATPase in the human eccrine sweat duct: immunolocalization and functional demonstration. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2002;282:C1454-60 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that a V-ATPase is involved in proton secretion in the human eccrine SD. ..
- Truong T, Aubin D, Bourgeois P, Falstrault L, Brissette L. Opposite effect of caveolin-1 in the metabolism of high-density and low-density lipoproteins. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1761:24-36 pubmed..Thus, in the normal hepatic parenchymal situation where caveolin-1 is poorly expressed, LDL-CE selective uptake is the preferred pathway. ..
- Tremblay P, Hallenbeck P. Ammonia-induced formation of an AmtB-GlnK complex is not sufficient for nitrogenase regulation in the photosynthetic bacterium Rhodobacter capsulatus. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:1588-94 pubmed..These results show that formation of an AmtB-GlnK complex is insufficient in itself for nitrogenase regulation and suggest that partial ammonia transport or occupation of the pore by ammonia is essential for this function...
- Tremblay G, Sohi S, Retnakaran A, MacKenzie R. NAD-dependent methylenetetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase-methenyltetrahydrofolate cyclohydrolase is targeted to the cytoplasm in insect cell lines. FEBS Lett. 1995;368:177-82 pubmed..These changes in expression effectively exchange the cytosolic NADP-dependent dehydrogenase for one with NAD specificity. ..
- Tao Y, Cianflone K, Sniderman A, Colby Germinario S, Germinario R. Acylation-stimulating protein (ASP) regulates glucose transport in the rat L6 muscle cell line. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1344:221-9 pubmed..These results suggest that muscle is also responsive to ASP and that ASP may play a role in glucose metabolism in both muscle and adipose tissue. ..
- Touyz R, Chen X, Tabet F, Yao G, He G, Quinn M, et al. Expression of a functionally active gp91phox-containing neutrophil-type NAD(P)H oxidase in smooth muscle cells from human resistance arteries: regulation by angiotensin II. Circ Res. 2002;90:1205-13 pubmed..These novel findings provide insight into the molecular regulation of NAD(P)H oxidase by Ang II in HVSMCs. Furthermore, we identify differences in gp91phox homologue expression in VSMCs from rats and human small and large arteries. ..
- Orlowski J, Grinstein S. Diversity of the mammalian sodium/proton exchanger SLC9 gene family. Pflugers Arch. 2004;447:549-65 pubmed..Further characterization of their functional properties should lead to a better understanding of their unique contributions to human health and disease. ..
- Fan J, Rone M, Papadopoulos V. Translocator protein 2 is involved in cholesterol redistribution during erythropoiesis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:30484-97 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data identify the TSPO2 family of proteins as mediators of cholesterol redistribution-dependent erythroblast maturation during mammalian erythropoiesis. ..
- Longpré J, Lapointe J. Determination of the Na(+)/glucose cotransporter (SGLT1) turnover rate using the ion-trap technique. Biophys J. 2011;100:52-9 pubmed publisher..Under these circumstances, the average cotransport current was -1.08 ± 0.61 ?A (n = 14), and this activity was generated by an average of 3.6 ± 0.7 × 10¹¹ cotransporter molecules/oocyte. ..
- Watkins D, Rosenblatt D. Update and new concepts in vitamin responsive disorders of folate transport and metabolism. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2012;35:665-70 pubmed publisher..It is caused by mutations in the MTHFD1 gene. ..
- Morales C, Ni X, Smith C, Inagaki N, Hermo L. ABCA17 mediates sterol efflux from mouse spermatozoa plasma membranes. Histol Histopathol. 2012;27:317-28 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that ABCA17 plays an important role in the process of sterol efflux which renders spermatozoa capable of fertilizing an oocyte...
- Desjardins P, Du T, Jiang W, Peng L, Butterworth R. Pathogenesis of hepatic encephalopathy and brain edema in acute liver failure: role of glutamine redefined. Neurochem Int. 2012;60:690-6 pubmed publisher..While inhibitors of brain glutamine synthesis such as methionine sulfoximine, have been proposed for the prevention of brain edema in ALF, potential adverse effects have so far limited their applicability. ..
- Kathiresan M, English A. Targeted proteomics identify metabolism-dependent interactors of yeast cytochrome c peroxidase: implications in stress response and heme trafficking. Metallomics. 2016;8:434-43 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our targeted proteomics analysis underscores the limitations of large-scale interactome studies that found only 4 of the 30 Ccp1 interactors isolated here. ..
- Lin G, McCormick J, Johnstone R. Is gamma-actin a regulator of amino acid transport?. Am J Physiol. 1996;270:C1647-55 pubmed..The data suggest that the gamma-actin-like protein coded for by E51 cDNA may play a significant regulatory role in amino acid transport...
- Bruneau N, Lombardo D, Bendayan M. Participation of GRP94-related protein in secretion of pancreatic bile salt-dependent lipase and in its internalization by the intestinal epithelium. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 17):2665-79 pubmed..The pancreatic Grp94-BSDL complex was internalized through the endosomal compartment of enterocytes. Finally, the two proteins dissociated in this compartment and BSDL, but not Grp94, was transferred to the basolateral membrane. ..
- Maroun C, Holgado Madruga M, Royal I, Naujokas M, Fournier T, Wong A, et al. The Gab1 PH domain is required for localization of Gab1 at sites of cell-cell contact and epithelial morphogenesis downstream from the met receptor tyrosine kinase. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:1784-99 pubmed
- Dostie J, Ferraiuolo M, Pause A, Adam S, Sonenberg N. A novel shuttling protein, 4E-T, mediates the nuclear import of the mRNA 5' cap-binding protein, eIF4E. EMBO J. 2000;19:3142-56 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that the novel nucleocytoplasmic shuttling protein 4E-T mediates the nuclear import of eIF4E via the importin alphabeta pathway by a piggy-back mechanism. ..
- Haidar B, Mott S, Boucher B, Lee C, Marcil M, Genest J. Cellular cholesterol efflux is modulated by phospholipid-derived signaling molecules in familial HDL deficiency/Tangier disease fibroblasts. J Lipid Res. 2001;42:249-57 pubmed..We conclude that PLC and PLD activities are required for apoA-I-mediated cellular cholesterol efflux, and modulating cellular PA concentration can correct, at least partially, the cholesterol efflux defect in FHD and TD...
- Braverman N, Moser A. Functions of plasmalogen lipids in health and disease. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1822:1442-52 pubmed publisher..In this review, we present current knowledge of plasmalogen biology in health and disease. ..
- Ghoujal B, Milev M, Ajamian L, Abel K, Mouland A. ESCRT-II's involvement in HIV-1 genomic RNA trafficking and assembly. Biol Cell. 2012;104:706-21 pubmed publisher..Our data provide the first evidence that the Staufen1-ESCRT-II interaction is evolutionarily conserved from lower to higher eukaryotes and reveal a novel role for EAP30 in the control of HIV-1 RNA trafficking and gene expression...
- Tenenhouse H, Meyer R, Mandla S, Meyer M, Gray R. Renal phosphate transport and vitamin D metabolism in X-linked hypophosphatemic Gy mice: responses to phosphate deprivation. Endocrinology. 1992;131:51-6 pubmed..The present findings provide evidence for phenotypic similarities between murine Gy and Hyp mutations. ..
- Xiao Y, Boyer C, Vincent E, Dugré A, Vachon V, Potier M, et al. Involvement of disulphide bonds in the renal sodium/phosphate co-transporter NaPi-2. Biochem J. 1997;323 ( Pt 2):401-8 pubmed
- Beck L, Karaplis A, Amizuka N, Hewson A, Ozawa H, Tenenhouse H. Targeted inactivation of Npt2 in mice leads to severe renal phosphate wasting, hypercalciuria, and skeletal abnormalities. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:5372-7 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that Npt2 is a major regulator of Pi homeostasis and necessary for normal skeletal development. ..
- Lin R, Mamane Y, Hiscott J. Structural and functional analysis of interferon regulatory factor 3: localization of the transactivation and autoinhibitory domains. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2465-74 pubmed
- Jumarie C. Cadmium transport through type II alveolar cell monolayers: contribution of transcellular and paracellular pathways in the rat ATII and the human A549 cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1564:487-99 pubmed..These differences in transport properties between the two lung cell models may modify the dose-response curve for Cd toxicity...
- Bujold K, Rhainds D, Jossart C, Febbraio M, Marleau S, Ong H. CD36-mediated cholesterol efflux is associated with PPARgamma activation via a MAPK-dependent COX-2 pathway in macrophages. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;83:457-64 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the present study aims to elucidate the upstream molecular mechanisms through which EP 80317, a selective CD36 ligand, promotes lipid efflux from macrophages through PPARgamma activation...
- Allaire P, Marat A, Dall Armi C, Di Paolo G, McPherson P, Ritter B. The Connecdenn DENN domain: a GEF for Rab35 mediating cargo-specific exit from early endosomes. Mol Cell. 2010;37:370-82 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal an enzymatic activity for a DENN domain and demonstrate that distinct Rab GTPases can recruit a common protein machinery to various sites within the endosomal network to establish cargo-selective recycling pathways. ..
- Geertsen S, Afar R, Trifaro J, Quik M. Regulation of alpha-bungarotoxin sites in chromaffin cells in culture by nicotinic receptor ligands, K+, and cAMP. Mol Pharmacol. 1988;34:549-56 pubmed..The observation that several mechanisms exist for the fine regulation of the nicotinic alpha-BGT binding sites in adrenal chromaffin cells could imply that this nicotinic receptor population plays a role in this tissue...
- Rodriguez P, Pelletier J, Price G, Zannis Hadjopoulos M. NAP-2: histone chaperone function and phosphorylation state through the cell cycle. J Mol Biol. 2000;298:225-38 pubmed..Finally, indirect immunofluorescence shows that NAP-2 is present during metaphase of HeLa and COS cells, and its localization is distinct from metaphase chromosomes. ..
- Denis M, Bissonnette R, Haidar B, Krimbou L, Bouvier M, Genest J. Expression, regulation, and activity of ABCA1 in human cell lines. Mol Genet Metab. 2003;78:265-74 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that: (1) ABCA1 expression varies among tissues, and (2) cholesterol conversion to hydroxycholesterol is an important mechanism for the maintenance of cholesterol homeostasis in fibroblasts...
- Faraj M, Sniderman A, Cianflone K. ASP enhances in situ lipoprotein lipase activity by increasing fatty acid trapping in adipocytes. J Lipid Res. 2004;45:657-66 pubmed
- Morales C, Marat A, Ni X, Yu Y, Oko R, Smith B, et al. ATP-binding cassette transporters ABCA1, ABCA7, and ABCG1 in mouse spermatozoa. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;376:472-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we show that ABCA1, ABCA7, and ABCG1 antibodies decrease cholesterol efflux from spermatozoa to lipid acceptors apoA-I and albumin and inhibit in vitro fertilization...
- Houalla T, Shi L, van Meyel D, Rao Y. Rab-mediated vesicular transport is required for neuronal positioning in the developing Drosophila visual system. Mol Brain. 2010;3:19 pubmed publisher..We propose that Rab5, Shi and Rab11 function together in a vesicular transport pathway for regulating R-cell positioning in the developing eye. ..
- Machkalyan G, Trieu P, PÃ©trin D, HÃ©bert T, Miller G. PPIP5K1 interacts with the exocyst complex through a C-terminal intrinsically disordered domain and regulates cell motility. Cell Signal. 2016;28:401-411 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PPIP5K1 might play an important role in regulating function of exocyst complex in establishing cellular polarity and directional migration of cells. ..
- Moeck G, Coulton J, Postle K. Cell envelope signaling in Escherichia coli. Ligand binding to the ferrichrome-iron receptor fhua promotes interaction with the energy-transducing protein TonB. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:28391-7 pubmed..These studies demonstrate the significance of ligand binding at the external surface of the cell to mediate signal transduction across the outer membrane. ..
- Faik A, Desveaux D, MacLachlan G. Sugar-nucleotide-binding and autoglycosylating polypeptide(s) from nasturtium fruit: biochemical capacities and potential functions. Biochem J. 2000;347 Pt 3:857-64 pubmed