Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Locale: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Publications1199 found, 100 shown here
- Shukeir N, Garde S, Wu J, Panchal C, Rabbani S. Prostate secretory protein of 94 amino acids (PSP-94) and its peptide (PCK3145) as potential therapeutic modalities for prostate cancer. Anticancer Drugs. 2005;16:1045-51 pubmed..Collectively, these studies warrant the continued clinical development of these agents as therapeutic agents for patients with hormone-refractory prostate cancer. ..
- Guilbault C, Novak J, Martin P, Boghdady M, Saeed Z, Guiot M, et al. Distinct pattern of lung gene expression in the Cftr-KO mice developing spontaneous lung disease compared with their littermate controls. Physiol Genomics. 2006;25:179-93 pubmed..These findings point to distinct mechanisms of gene expression regulation between mice with CF and control mice...
- Chen Y, Liu F, Tran S, Zhu Y, Hebert M, Ingelfinger J, et al. Reactive oxygen species and nuclear factor-kappa B pathway mediate high glucose-induced Pax-2 gene expression in mouse embryonic mesenchymal epithelial cells and kidney explants. Kidney Int. 2006;70:1607-15 pubmed
- Castellarin M, Petropavlovskaia M, Lipsett M, Rosenberg L. The identification and sequence analysis of a new Reg3gamma and Reg2 in the Syrian golden hamster. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1769:579-85 pubmed..Mice and hamsters are the only species known to carry either of the functional INGAP or Reg2 genes. It remains to be determined whether these genes bestow mice and hamsters with special regenerative abilities in the pancreas. ..
- Zhao B, Wong A, Murshid A, Bowie D, Presley J, Bedford F. Identification of a novel di-leucine motif mediating K(+)/Cl(-) cotransporter KCC2 constitutive endocytosis. Cell Signal. 2008;20:1769-79 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, that this process appears to be an evolutionarily conserved mechanism amongst functionally homologous cotransporters. ..
- Thornhill P, Cohn J, Stanford W, Desbarats J. The adaptor protein Grb2 regulates cell surface Fas ligand in Schwann cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;376:341-6 pubmed publisher..As FasL is a potent regulator of cell death, dynamic regulation of its cell surface localization is critical for controlling local tissue remodeling and inflammation. ..
- Jean M, Smaoui F, Lavertu M, Methot S, Bouhdoud L, Buschmann M, et al. Chitosan-plasmid nanoparticle formulations for IM and SC delivery of recombinant FGF-2 and PDGF-BB or generation of antibodies. Gene Ther. 2009;16:1097-110 pubmed publisher..Specific chitosan carriers were identified to be either efficient non-toxic therapeutic protein delivery systems or vectors for DNA vaccines. ..
- Ashton Beaucage D, Therrien M. The exon junction complex: a splicing factor for long intron containing transcripts?. Fly (Austin). 2011;5:224-33 pubmed..The importance of intron length in determining sensitivity to EJC disruption suggests that the EJC is functioning in exon definition, a splicing mechanism that occurs for long introns in particular. ..
- Le Quang K, Naud P, Qi X, Duval F, Shi Y, Gillis M, et al. Role of T-type calcium channel subunits in post-myocardial infarction remodelling probed with genetically engineered mice. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;91:420-8 pubmed publisher..1 expression leads to impaired cardiac function and enhanced arrhythmia vulnerability post-MI, whereas Cav3.2 elimination has no effect. ..
- Marcotte R, Smith H, Sanguin Gendreau V, McDonough R, Muller W. Mammary epithelial-specific disruption of c-Src impairs cell cycle progression and tumorigenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:2808-13 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that c-Src has essential and unique functions in proliferation and tumor progression in this mouse model that may also be important in certain contexts in some human breast cancers. ..
- Rafei M, Rouette A, Brochu S, Vanegas J, Perreault C. Differential effects of ?c cytokines on postselection differentiation of CD8 thymocytes. Blood. 2013;121:107-17 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that injection of recombinant IL-21 might enhance thymic output in subjects with age- or disease-related thymic atrophy. ..
- Firlej A, Doyon J, Harwood J, Brodeur J. A multi-approach study to delineate interactions between carabid beetles and soybean aphids. Environ Entomol. 2013;42:89-96 pubmed publisher..melanarius and A. glycines when pest densities are high, but the high predation rate when aphid densities are particularly low suggests these natural enemies may function as important early-season predators. ..
- Mounaïm F, Sawan M. Toward a fully integrated neurostimulator with inductive power recovery front-end. IEEE Trans Biomed Circuits Syst. 2012;6:309-18 pubmed publisher..With such efficiency, the proposed step-down inductive power recovery topology is more advantageous than its conventional step-up counterpart. Experimental results confirm good overall functionality of the system. ..
- Latombe G, Fortin D, Parrott L. Spatio-temporal dynamics in the response of woodland caribou and moose to the passage of grey wolf. J Anim Ecol. 2014;83:185-98 pubmed publisher..A comprehensive assessment of risk effects on ecosystem dynamics thus requires the characterization of chronic and temporary anti-predator behaviours. ..
- Lefebvre L, Ducatez S, Audet J. Feeding innovations in a nested phylogeny of Neotropical passerines. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2016;371: pubmed publisher..barbadensis with its closest, but very shy and conservative local relative, the black-faced grassquit Tiaris bicolor, might provide key insights into the evolutionary divergence of cognition. ..
- Mau V, Quance J, Posmanik R, Gross A. Phases' characteristics of poultry litter hydrothermal carbonization under a range of process parameters. Bioresour Technol. 2016;219:632-642 pubmed publisher..Temperature had the most significant effect on processes and product formation. Solids concentration was not a significant factor once dilution effects were considered. ..
- Caruso M, Jenna S, Beaulne S, Lee E, Bergeron A, Chauve C, et al. Biochemical clustering of monomeric GTPases of the Ras superfamily. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2005;4:936-44 pubmed..Hence we propose a novel phylobiochemical classification of the Ras superfamily of GTPases. ..
- Hueber P, Waters P, Clark P, Clarke P, Eccles M, Goodyer P. PAX2 inactivation enhances cisplatin-induced apoptosis in renal carcinoma cells. Kidney Int. 2006;69:1139-45 pubmed..Similarly, Pax2 overexpression in RCC cells contributes to cisplatin resistance. Conceivably, a therapeutic strategy that inactivates Pax2 in vivo might enhance the efficacy of conventional cytotoxic drugs against RCC. ..
- Fournel M, Bonfils C, Hou Y, Yan P, Trachy Bourget M, Kalita A, et al. MGCD0103, a novel isotype-selective histone deacetylase inhibitor, has broad spectrum antitumor activity in vitro and in vivo. Mol Cancer Ther. 2008;7:759-68 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the isotype-selective HDAC inhibition by MGCD0103 is sufficient for antitumor activity in vivo and that further clinical investigation is warranted. ..
- Iulianella A, Beckett B, Petkovich M, Lohnes D. A molecular basis for retinoic acid-induced axial truncation. Dev Biol. 1999;205:33-48 pubmed..These findings also raise the possibility that RA may play a role in the generation of posterior mesoderm derivatives in part by affecting brachyury expression. ..
- Lock L, Royal I, Naujokas M, Park M. Identification of an atypical Grb2 carboxyl-terminal SH3 domain binding site in Gab docking proteins reveals Grb2-dependent and -independent recruitment of Gab1 to receptor tyrosine kinases. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:31536-45 pubmed..Hence different mechanisms of Gab1 recruitment may reflect the distinct biological functions for Gab1 downstream from the EGF and Met receptors. ..
- Sauve F, McBroom L, Gallant J, Moraitis A, Labrie F, Giguere V. CIA, a novel estrogen receptor coactivator with a bifunctional nuclear receptor interacting determinant. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:343-53 pubmed..The identification and functional characterization of CIA suggest that hormone binding can create a functional coactivator interaction interface in the absence of AF-2. ..
- Gyorkos T, Ramsan M, Foum A, Khamis I. Efficacy of new low-cost filtration device for recovering Schistosoma haematobium eggs from urine. J Clin Microbiol. 2001;39:2681-2 pubmed..The results suggest that the new device is as effective as the Millipore device for the diagnosis of urinary schistosomiasis. Its low cost will be attractive to schistosomiasis control programs. ..
- Davidson D, Veillette A. PTP-PEST, a scaffold protein tyrosine phosphatase, negatively regulates lymphocyte activation by targeting a unique set of substrates. EMBO J. 2001;20:3414-26 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that PTP-PEST is a novel and unique component of the inhibitory signalling machinery in lymphocytes. ..
- Boire D, Theoret H, Ptito M. Stereological evaluation of neurons and glia in the monkey dorsal lateral geniculate nucleus following an early cerebral hemispherectomy. Exp Brain Res. 2002;142:208-20 pubmed..The remaining neurons in the dLGN following hemispherectomy appear to be insufficient in number to be importantly implicated in the residual visual functions that have been reported in some hemispherectomized patients. ..
- Di Fruscio M, Styhler S, Wikholm E, Boulanger M, Lasko P, Richard S. Kep1 interacts genetically with dredd/caspase-8, and kep1 mutants alter the balance of dredd isoforms. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:1814-9 pubmed..We observed increased levels of the beta isoform of dredd mRNA in kep1 mutants as compared with wild-type. Taken together, our results suggest that Kep1 regulates apoptosis by influencing the processing of dredd RNA. ..
- Banerjee R, Rachid Z, McNamee J, Jean Claude B. Synthesis of a prodrug designed to release multiple inhibitors of the epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase and an alkylating agent: a novel tumor targeting concept. J Med Chem. 2003;46:5546-51 pubmed..The results suggest that this approach may well represent a novel drug combination strategy involving single molecules masking multiple bioactive agents. ..
- Kippin T, Sotiropoulos V, Badih J, Pfaus J. Opposing roles of the nucleus accumbens and anterior lateral hypothalamic area in the control of sexual behaviour in the male rat. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;19:698-704 pubmed..These findings indicate that the aLHA plays an inhibitory role in the regulation of sexual arousal and an excitatory role in the regulation of ejaculation. Conversely, the NAc plays an excitatory role in the regulation in sexual arousal...
- Moffatt P, Salois P, St Amant N, Gaumond M, Lanctôt C. Identification of a conserved cluster of skin-specific genes encoding secreted proteins. Gene. 2004;334:123-31 pubmed..These genes encoding epidermis-specific secreted products are found in a conserved cluster on human chromosome 19q13.12 and on mouse chromosome 7A3. ..
- Cho P, Poulin F, Cho Park Y, Cho Park I, Chicoine J, Lasko P, et al. A new paradigm for translational control: inhibition via 5'-3' mRNA tethering by Bicoid and the eIF4E cognate 4EHP. Cell. 2005;121:411-23 pubmed..This example of cap-dependent translational control that is not mediated by canonical eIF4E defines a new paradigm for translational inhibition involving tethering of the mRNA 5' and 3' ends. ..
- Leduc M, Kermorvant Duchemin E, Checchin D, Sennlaub F, Sirinyan M, Kooli A, et al. Hypercapnia- and trans-arachidonic acid-induced retinal microvascular degeneration: implications in the genesis of retinopathy of prematurity. Semin Perinatol. 2006;30:129-38 pubmed
- Chen R, Latour S, Shi X, Veillette A. Association between SAP and FynT: Inducible SH3 domain-mediated interaction controlled by engagement of the SLAM receptor. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:5559-68 pubmed..Together, these data elucidate further the events initiating SLAM-SAP signaling in immune cells. Moreover, they identify a strictly inducible interaction mediated by an SH3 domain. ..
- Hernandez G, Haines E, Rajabi H, Stewart J, Arvanitogiannis A, Shizgal P. Predictable and unpredictable rewards produce similar changes in dopamine tone. Behav Neurosci. 2007;121:887-95 pubmed..Nonetheless, indistinguishable changes in DA concentration were observed in the 2 groups. Thus, reward predictability had no discernable effect on a measure believed to track the slower components of DA signaling. ..
- Canuel M, Lefrancois S, Zeng J, Morales C. AP-1 and retromer play opposite roles in the trafficking of sortilin between the Golgi apparatus and the lysosomes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;366:724-30 pubmed..We also demonstrate that the interaction of sortilin with retromer occurs through a YXXPhi site in its cytosolic tail. In conclusion, our observations indicate that retromer and AP-1 play opposite roles in the trafficking of sortilin. ..
- Leguillette R, Laviolette M, Bergeron C, Zitouni N, Kogut P, Solway J, et al. Myosin, transgelin, and myosin light chain kinase: expression and function in asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009;179:194-204 pubmed publisher..Selective overexpression of airway smooth muscle genes in asthmatic airways leads to increased Vmax, thus contributing to the airway hyperresponsiveness observed in asthma. ..
- Zangenehpour S, Cornish K, Chaudhuri A. Whole-brain expression analysis of FMRP in adult monkey and its relationship to cognitive deficits in fragile X syndrome. Brain Res. 2009;1264:76-84 pubmed publisher..We argue that whole-brain FMRP expression mapping may be used to formulate and test new hypotheses about other forms of impairments in FXS that were not specifically examined in this study. ..
- Lamba P, Wang Y, Tran S, Ouspenskaia T, Libasci V, Hebert T, et al. Activin A regulates porcine follicle-stimulating hormone beta-subunit transcription via cooperative actions of SMADs and FOXL2. Endocrinology. 2010;151:5456-67 pubmed publisher..Conservation of one of the two composite cis-elements suggests that this may form part of a general mechanism whereby activins regulate Fshb subunit transcription and FSH synthesis. ..
- Ursini Siegel J, Cory S, Zuo D, Hardy W, Rexhepaj E, Lam S, et al. Receptor tyrosine kinase signaling favors a protumorigenic state in breast cancer cells by inhibiting the adaptive immune response. Cancer Res. 2010;70:7776-87 pubmed publisher..We reveal a novel role for tumor cell-derived ShcA in the establishment and maintenance of an immunosuppressive state. ..
- Ma A, Qi S, Song L, Hu Y, Dun H, Massicotte E, et al. Adoptive transfer of CD4+CD25+ regulatory cells combined with low-dose sirolimus and anti-thymocyte globulin delays acute rejection of renal allografts in Cynomolgus monkeys. Int Immunopharmacol. 2011;11:618-29 pubmed publisher..Expanded donor alloantigen specific Tregs combined with sirolimus and ATG prolongs renal allograft survival in monkeys, suggesting that sirolimus might be one of the best synergists for Tregs therapy. ..
- Derjean D, Moussaddy A, Atallah E, St Pierre M, Auclair F, Chang S, et al. A novel neural substrate for the transformation of olfactory inputs into motor output. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000567 pubmed publisher..Our study bridges the gap between behavior and cellular neural mechanisms in vertebrates, identifying a specific subsystem within the CNS, dedicated to producing motor responses to olfactory inputs...
- Park C, Dufort D. Nodal expression in the uterus of the mouse is regulated by the embryo and correlates with implantation. Biol Reprod. 2011;84:1103-10 pubmed publisher..During the later stages of pregnancy, Nodal exhibits a dynamic expression profile that suggests a role in regulating the endometrial response to decidualization and associated trophoblast invasion. ..
- Assadian S, El Assaad W, Wang X, Gannon P, Barrès V, Latour M, et al. p53 inhibits angiogenesis by inducing the production of Arresten. Cancer Res. 2012;72:1270-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings, therefore, link the production of Arresten to the p53 tumor suppressor pathway and show a novel mechanism through which p53 can inhibit angiogenesis. ..
- Vinh D, Behr M. Crohn's as an immune deficiency: from apparent paradox to evolving paradigm. Expert Rev Clin Immunol. 2013;9:17-30 pubmed publisher..Finally, we outline potential clinical implications of this model, from immunologic assessment of patients to the selection of therapeutic interventions. ..
- Lessard S, Gatof E, Beaudoin M, Schupp P, Sher F, Ali A, et al. An erythroid-specific ATP2B4 enhancer mediates red blood cell hydration and malaria susceptibility. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3065-3074 pubmed publisher..Our study supports ATP2B4 as a potential target for modulating rbc hydration in erythroid disorders and malaria infection. ..
- Mullick A, Trasler D, Gros P. High-resolution linkage map in the vicinity of the Lp locus. Genomics. 1995;26:479-88 pubmed..These studies have allowed the delineation of a maximum genetic interval for Lp of 0.5 cM, a size amenable to physical mapping techniques. ..
- Seidah N, Barale J, Marcinkiewicz M, Mattei M, Day R, Chretien M. The mouse homeoprotein mLIM-3 is expressed early in cells derived from the neuroepithelium and persists in adult pituitary. DNA Cell Biol. 1994;13:1163-80 pubmed..These data suggest a potential role for mLIM-3 in the transcriptional regulation of certain genes during morphogenesis and/or maintenance of the differentiated state of the pituitary, motor neurons, and pineal gland. ..
- Buschman E, Gros P. The inability of the mouse mdr2 gene to confer multidrug resistance is linked to reduced drug binding to the protein. Cancer Res. 1994;54:4892-8 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that Mdr2 cannot confer drug resistance and suggest that this inability is linked to reduced drug binding to the Mdr2 protein. ..
- Kaartinen M, El Maadawy S, Räsänen N, McKee M. Tissue transglutaminase and its substrates in bone. J Bone Miner Res. 2002;17:2161-73 pubmed..Collectively, these data suggest a role for tTG and its covalently cross-linked substrates in cell adhesion and possibly also in bone matrix maturation and calcification. ..
- Reale D, Roff D. Inbreeding, developmental stabilty, and canalization in the sand cricket Gryllus firmus. Evolution. 2003;57:597-605 pubmed..For most of the traits, morphological variation and fluctuating asymmetry were not significantly correlated, which support the hypothesis that canalization and DS consist in two distinct mechanisms. ..
- Gu F, Dubé N, Kim J, Cheng A, Ibarra Sanchez M, Tremblay M, et al. Protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B attenuates growth hormone-mediated JAK2-STAT signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:3753-62 pubmed..These results indicate that PTP-1B regulates GH signaling by reducing the extent of JAK2 phosphorylation and suggest that PTP-1B is essential for limiting the action of GH during metabolic stress such as fasting. ..
- Bégin M, Roff D. The constancy of the G matrix through species divergence and the effects of quantitative genetic constraints on phenotypic evolution: a case study in crickets. Evolution. 2003;57:1107-20 pubmed..Overall, this study provided some support for the validity of the predictive power of quantitative genetics over evolutionary time scales. ..
- Lohnes D. The Cdx1 homeodomain protein: an integrator of posterior signaling in the mouse. Bioessays. 2003;25:971-80 pubmed..This article will briefly review Cdx expression and function, with particular emphasis on vertebrate model systems. ..
- Lucifero D, Chaillet J, Trasler J. Potential significance of genomic imprinting defects for reproduction and assisted reproductive technology. Hum Reprod Update. 2004;10:3-18 pubmed
- Jetté L, Léger R, Thibaudeau K, Benquet C, Robitaille M, Pellerin I, et al. Human growth hormone-releasing factor (hGRF)1-29-albumin bioconjugates activate the GRF receptor on the anterior pituitary in rats: identification of CJC-1295 as a long-lasting GRF analog. Endocrinology. 2005;146:3052-8 pubmed..These results led to the identification of CJC-1295 as a stable and active hGRF(1-29) analog with an extended plasma half-life. ..
- Campos M, Ongali B, De Souza Buck H, Schanstra J, Girolami J, Chabot J, et al. Expression and distribution of kinin B1 receptor in the rat brain and alterations induced by diabetes in the model of streptozotocin. Synapse. 2005;57:29-37 pubmed..This may offer the advantage of reducing putative central side effects with B1 receptor antagonists if used for the treatment of diabetic complications in the periphery. ..
- Stachniak T, Bourque C. Visually guided whole cell patch clamp of mouse supraoptic nucleus neurons in cultured and acute conditions. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2006;291:R68-76 pubmed
- Lefrancois S, McCormick P. The Arf GEF GBF1 is required for GGA recruitment to Golgi membranes. Traffic. 2007;8:1440-51 pubmed..In summary, we show that GBF1 is required for GGA recruitment to Golgi membranes and plays a role in the proper processing and sorting of lysosomal cargo. ..
- Brouillette J, Quirion R. The common environmental pollutant dioxin-induced memory deficits by altering estrogen pathways and a major route of retinol transport involving transthyretin. Neurotoxicology. 2008;29:318-27 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the environmental and food pollutant TCDD can induce memory deficits by altering the estrogen pathways and a main route of TTR-mediated retinol transport. ..
- Roy M, Leclerc D, Wu Q, Gupta S, Kruger W, Rozen R. Valproic acid increases expression of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) and induces lower teratogenicity in MTHFR deficiency. J Cell Biochem. 2008;105:467-76 pubmed publisher..These results underscore the importance of folate interconversion in VPA-induced teratogenicity, since VPA increases MTHFR expression and has lower teratogenic potential in MTHFR deficiency. ..
- Jeong S, Rathore K, Schulz K, Ponka P, Arosio P, David S. Dysregulation of iron homeostasis in the CNS contributes to disease progression in a mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. J Neurosci. 2009;29:610-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that iron chelator therapy might be useful for the treatment of ALS. ..
- Essalmani R, Susan Resiga D, Chamberland A, Abifadel M, Creemers J, Boileau C, et al. In vivo evidence that furin from hepatocytes inactivates PCSK9. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:4257-63 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in hepatocytes furin regulates PCSK9 mRNA levels and is the key in vivo-inactivating protease of circulating PCSK9. ..
- Woods O, Saliba I. Effect of nystatin on Guinea Pigs' inner ear. Neurotox Res. 2011;20:301-6 pubmed publisher..Nystatin does not cause hearing impairment or cochlear hair cell damage when exposed directly to the middle ear of a Guinea Pig model. It is therefore a safe treatment option for otomycosis with presence of TMP...
- Richer E, Yuki K, Dauphinee S, Lariviere L, Paquet M, Malo D. Impact of Usp18 and IFN signaling in Salmonella-induced typhlitis. Genes Immun. 2011;12:531-43 pubmed publisher..These results show the impact of USP18 in the development of Salmonella-induced typhlitis. ..
- Soye K, Trottier C, Richardson C, Ward B, Miller W. RIG-I is required for the inhibition of measles virus by retinoids. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22323 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that retinoid treatment and MeV infection induces significant RIG-I. RIG-I is required for the retinoid-MeV antiviral response. The induction is dependent on IFN, retinoids and IRF-1. ..
- Butkinaree C, Guo L, Ramkhelawon B, Wanschel A, Brodsky J, Moore K, et al. A regulator of secretory vesicle size, Kelch-like protein 12, facilitates the secretion of apolipoprotein B100 and very-low-density lipoproteins--brief report. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014;34:251-4 pubmed publisher..KLHL12 plays a critical role in facilitating the ER exit and secretion of apoB100-VLDL particles, suggesting that KLHL12 modulation would influence plasma lipid levels. ..
- Al Chami E, Tormo A, Pasquin S, Kanjarawi R, Ziouani S, Rafei M. Interleukin-21 administration to aged mice rejuvenates their peripheral T-cell pool by triggering de novo thymopoiesis. Aging Cell. 2016;15:349-60 pubmed publisher..The results of this study highlight the immunorestorative function of rIL-21 paving its use as a strategy for the re-establishment of effective immunity in the elderly. ..
- Okamura H, Raguet S, Bell A, Gagnon J, Kelly P. Purification and protein sequence analysis of rat liver prolactin receptor. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:5904-11 pubmed..abstract truncated at 400 words) ..
- Wang S, Lapierre P, Robert M, Nadeau J, Mitchell G. Hormone-sensitive lipase maps to proximal chromosome 7 in mice and is genetically distinct from the Ad and Tub loci. Genomics. 1994;24:416-7 pubmed
- Lalonde R, Joyal C, Guastavino J, Botez M. Hole poking and motor coordination in lurcher mutant mice. Physiol Behav. 1993;54:41-4 pubmed..In a wooden beam test, although lurchers did not differ from normal mice in terms of the amount of time spent on the beam or in the distance travelled, the mutants were found more often in unstable positions. ..
- Dyer J, Johnston W, Castellucci V, Dunn R. Cloning and tissue distribution of the Aplysia Na+ channel alpha-subunit cDNA. DNA Cell Biol. 1997;16:347-56 pubmed..Southern blot hybridization at reduced stringency indicated that the genome of Aplysia contains more than one Na+ channel alpha-subunit gene. ..
- Murray I, Sniderman A, Havel P, Cianflone K. Acylation stimulating protein (ASP) deficiency alters postprandial and adipose tissue metabolism in male mice. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:36219-25 pubmed..These results demonstrate that ASP plays an important role in adipose tissue metabolism and fat partitioning. ..
- Krishnamurthy H, Danilovich N, Morales C, Sairam M. Qualitative and quantitative decline in spermatogenesis of the follicle-stimulating hormone receptor knockout (FORKO) mouse. Biol Reprod. 2000;62:1146-59 pubmed..These data allow us to conclude that genetic disruption of FSH receptor signaling in the rodent induces major changes that might contribute to reduced fertility. ..
- Dao H, Martens F, Lariviere R, Yamaguchi N, Cernacek P, de Champlain J, et al. Transient involvement of endothelin in hypertrophic remodeling of small arteries. J Hypertens. 2001;19:1801-12 pubmed..Thus, early rather than late treatment with ET-receptor antagonists may be a preferable approach to limit small artery-mediated end-organ damage in cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Lee M, Cahill C, Vincent J, Beaudet A. Internalization and trafficking of opioid receptor ligands in rat cortical neurons. Synapse. 2002;43:102-11 pubmed..It is proposed that their retrograde transport into target cells might be involved in mediating some of the long-term, transcriptional effects of opioids. ..
- Devlin A, Solban N, Tremblay S, Gutkowska J, Schürch W, Orlov S, et al. HCaRG is a novel regulator of renal epithelial cell growth and differentiation causing G2M arrest. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2003;284:F753-62 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that HCaRG is a regulator of renal epithelial cell growth and differentiation causing G(2)M cell cycle arrest. ..
- Bredy T, Humpartzoomian R, Cain D, Meaney M. Partial reversal of the effect of maternal care on cognitive function through environmental enrichment. Neuroscience. 2003;118:571-6 pubmed..These findings provide evidence for the reversal of the effects of reduced maternal investment in early life on cognitive function in adulthood. Such effects might involve compensatory changes associated with peripubertal enrichment. ..
- Michaud S, MÃ©nard C, Guy L, Gennaro G, Rivard A. Inhibition of hypoxia-induced angiogenesis by cigarette smoke exposure: impairment of the HIF-1alpha/VEGF pathway. FASEB J. 2003;17:1150-2 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that cigarette smoke exposure impairs angiogenesis by inhibiting VEGF through decreased expression of HIF-1alpha in hypoxic conditions. ..
- Ormond J, Hislop J, Zhao Y, Webb N, Vaillaincourt F, Dyer J, et al. ApTrkl, a Trk-like receptor, mediates serotonin- dependent ERK activation and long-term facilitation in Aplysia sensory neurons. Neuron. 2004;44:715-28 pubmed publisher..Thus, transactivation of the receptor tyrosine kinase ApTrkl by serotonin is an essential step in the biochemical events leading to long-term facilitation in Aplysia...
- Xue Y, Zhang Z, Karaplis A, Hendy G, Goltzman D, Miao D. Exogenous PTH-related protein and PTH improve mineral and skeletal status in 25-hydroxyvitamin D-1alpha-hydroxylase and PTH double knockout mice. J Bone Miner Res. 2005;20:1766-77 pubmed..PTHrP and PTH reduced hypocalcemia by enhancing renal calcium reabsorption but not by increasing bone resorption. The major skeletal effects of exogenous PTHrP and PTH were to increase bone anabolism. ..
- Moisan J, Camateros P, Thuraisingam T, Marion D, Koohsari H, Martin P, et al. TLR7 ligand prevents allergen-induced airway hyperresponsiveness and eosinophilia in allergic asthma by a MYD88-dependent and MK2-independent pathway. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2006;290:L987-95 pubmed..These results clearly demonstrate the anti-inflammatory effect of imidazoquinolines in an allergic asthma model as well as the clinical potential of TLR7 ligands in the treatment of allergic diseases. ..
- Venugopalan V, Ghali Z, Senecal J, Reader T, Descarries L. Catecholaminergic activation of G-protein coupling in rat spinal cord: further evidence for the existence of dopamine and noradrenaline receptors in spinal grey and white matter. Brain Res. 2006;1070:90-100 pubmed..In white matter, they strongly suggested the presence of dopamine D1, and of alpha 1 and alpha 2 adrenergic receptors on glia and/or microvessels, that might be activated by diffuse transmission in vivo. ..
- Gomez M, Li S, Tremblay M, Olivier M. NRAMP-1 expression modulates protein-tyrosine phosphatase activity in macrophages: impact on host cell signaling and functions. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:36190-8 pubmed
- Huynh H, Servant N, Chalifour L. Ubiquinol-cytochrome-c reductase 7.2 kDa protein of mitochondrial complex III is steroid-responsive and increases in cardiac hypertrophy and hypertension. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2007;85:986-96 pubmed..We conclude that UCCR7.2 is a steroid hormone-responsive gene in the heart, with expression increased in cardiac hypertrophy and in response to hypertension. ..
- English L, Chemali M, Duron J, Rondeau C, Laplante A, Gingras D, et al. Autophagy enhances the presentation of endogenous viral antigens on MHC class I molecules during HSV-1 infection. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:480-7 pubmed publisher..Viral peptides in autophagosomes were further processed by the proteasome, which suggests a complex interaction between the vacuolar and MHC class I presentation pathways. ..
- Ferron J, Kroeger D, Chever O, Amzica F. Cortical inhibition during burst suppression induced with isoflurane anesthesia. J Neurosci. 2009;29:9850-60 pubmed publisher..Thus cortical hyperexcitability during BS is favored by suppressed inhibition. ..
- Beaubien F, Cloutier J. Differential expression of Slitrk family members in the mouse nervous system. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:3285-96 pubmed publisher..These diverse patterns of expression suggest that Slitrk family members may have different functions during development of the nervous system. ..
- St Jacques J, Bouchard S, Bélanger C. Is virtual reality effective to motivate and raise interest in phobic children toward therapy? A clinical trial study of in vivo with in virtuo versus in vivo only treatment exposure. J Clin Psychiatry. 2010;71:924-31 pubmed publisher..They are discussed in the light of how to present in virtuo therapy to children. ..
- Cybulsky A, Takano T, Papillon J, Guillemette J, Herzenberg A, Kennedy C. Podocyte injury and albuminuria in mice with podocyte-specific overexpression of the Ste20-like kinase, SLK. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:2290-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, podocyte SLK overexpression in vivo results in injury and podocyte loss, consistent with the effects of SLK in cultured cells. ..