Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Locale: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Topic: amino acid sequence
Publications197 found, 100 shown here
- Deme J, Miousse I, Plesa M, Kim J, Hancock M, Mah W, et al. Structural features of recombinant MMADHC isoforms and their interactions with MMACHC, proteins of mammalian vitamin B12 metabolism. Mol Genet Metab. 2012;107:352-62 pubmed publisher..We propose that the function of MMADHC is exerted through its structured C-terminal domain via interactions with MMACHC. ..
- Dauphinee S, Eva M, Yuki K, Herman M, Vidal S, Malo D. Characterization of two ENU-induced mutations affecting mouse skeletal morphology. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:1753-8 pubmed publisher..Skm2 mice, carrying a mutation in Flnb, present with scoliosis and lordosis. These mutant mice will serve as useful models for the study of vertebral malformations. ..
- Hendy G, Bennett H, Gibbs B, Lazure C, Day R, Seidah N. Proparathyroid hormone is preferentially cleaved to parathyroid hormone by the prohormone convertase furin. A mass spectrometric study. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:9517-25 pubmed..Taken together these studies strongly suggest that furin is the enzyme responsible for the physiological processing of proPTH to PTH. ..
- Imataka H, Olsen H, Sonenberg N. A new translational regulator with homology to eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4G. EMBO J. 1997;16:817-25 pubmed..These results suggest that p97 functions as a general repressor of translation by forming translationally inactive complexes that include eIF4A and eIF3, but exclude eIF4E. ..
- Qureshi S, Lariviere L, Leveque G, Clermont S, Moore K, Gros P, et al. Endotoxin-tolerant mice have mutations in Toll-like receptor 4 (Tlr4). J Exp Med. 1999;189:615-25 pubmed..Identification of distinct mutations involving the same gene at the Lps locus in two different hyporesponsive inbred mouse strains strongly supports the hypothesis that altered Tlr4 function is responsible for endotoxin tolerance. ..
- Bonfils C, Beaulieu N, Chan E, Cotton Montpetit J, MacLeod A. Characterization of the human DNA methyltransferase splice variant Dnmt1b. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:10754-60 pubmed..However, antibodies raised against Dnmt1b epitopes demonstrated that Dnmt1b protein was present at approximately 2-5% of the level of Dnmt1 and therefore represents only a minor DNA methyltransferase isoform in human cells. ..
- Underhill D, Vogan K, Underhill T, Gros P. Identification of a novel, alternatively spliced isoform and single nucleotide polymorphisms in the murine Pea-15 gene. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:172-4 pubmed
- Fadhil I, Schmidt R, Walpole C, Carpenter K. Exploring deltorphin II binding to the third extracellular loop of the delta-opioid receptor. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:21069-77 pubmed..Similar changes did not occur for the shorter peptide hDOR(281-297). A hypothesis describing the conformational events accompanying selective deltorphin II binding to the delta-opioid receptor is presented. ..
- Kugler J, Woo J, Oh B, Lasko P. Regulation of Drosophila vasa in vivo through paralogous cullin-RING E3 ligase specificity receptors. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:1769-82 pubmed publisher..We propose that Fsn- and Gus-containing E3 ligase complexes contribute to establishing a fine-tuned steady state of Vasa ubiquitination that influences the kinetics of posterior Vasa deployment. ..
- Bidinosti M, Martineau Y, Frank F, Sonenberg N. Repair of isoaspartate formation modulates the interaction of deamidated 4E-BP2 with mTORC1 in brain. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:19402-8 pubmed publisher..Further, we show that 4E-BP2 containing isoaspartates lacks the augmented association with raptor that is a feature of deamidated 4E-BP2. ..
- Kuhl B, Cheng V, Wainberg M, Liang C. Tetherin and its viral antagonists. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol. 2011;6:188-201 pubmed publisher..Here, we briefly review the history of tetherin discovery, discuss how tetherin blocks virus production, and highlight the viral countermeasures to evade tetherin restriction. ..
- Plante G, Thérien I, Manjunath P. Characterization of recombinant murine binder of sperm protein homolog 1 and its role in capacitation. Biol Reprod. 2012;87:20, 1-11 pubmed publisher..These results show that murine epididymal BSPH1 shares many biochemical and functional characteristics with BSP proteins secreted by seminal vesicles of ungulates, and suggest that it might play a similar role in sperm functions...
- d Hennezel E, Bin Dhuban K, Torgerson T, Piccirillo C, Piccirillo C. The immunogenetics of immune dysregulation, polyendocrinopathy, enteropathy, X linked (IPEX) syndrome. J Med Genet. 2012;49:291-302 pubmed publisher..In this review, the genetic, immunological and clinical characteristics of IPEX syndrome are described, and the impact of heritable mutations on the function of Treg cells highlighted...
- Lejbkowicz F, Goyer C, Darveau A, Neron S, Lemieux R, Sonenberg N. A fraction of the mRNA 5' cap-binding protein, eukaryotic initiation factor 4E, localizes to the nucleus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:9612-6 pubmed..These results suggest that eIF-4E is also involved in a nuclear function. ..
- Bhandari V, Palfree R, Bateman A. Isolation and sequence of the granulin precursor cDNA from human bone marrow reveals tandem cysteine-rich granulin domains. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:1715-9 pubmed..Some epithelial cell lines respond to the mature peptide and express the gene. Among tissues examined, the kidney had the highest levels of granulin mRNA. ..
- Sadoul R, Featherstone M. Sequence analysis of the homeobox-containing exon of the murine Hox-4.3 homeogene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1991;1089:259-61 pubmed..3 gene. No other homeobox sequences were detected in this screen suggesting that the HOX-4 complex lacks paralogous genes represented in the equivalent regions of other HOX loci. ..
- Nyirkos P, Golds E. Human synovial cells secrete a 39 kDa protein similar to a bovine mammary protein expressed during the non-lactating period. Biochem J. 1990;269:265-8 pubmed..Characterization of this 39 kDa protein may provide a useful marker for classification of connective tissue cells. ..
- Hum D, Bell A, Rozen R, MacKenzie R. Primary structure of a human trifunctional enzyme. Isolation of a cDNA encoding methylenetetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase-methenyltetrahydrofolate cyclohydrolase-formyltetrahydrofolate synthetase. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:15946-50 pubmed..A region was identified which probably serves as a link between these two major domains of the human enzyme. The synthetase domain contains two regions that are homologous to consensus sequences for an ATP-binding site. ..
- van der Rest M, Mayne R. Type IX collagen proteoglycan from cartilage is covalently cross-linked to type II collagen. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:1615-8 pubmed..The NC4 domain could, therefore, serve as a binding site for other matrix constituents. In this model, the glycosaminoglycan chain of type IX collagen would be located at the gap region of the fibril. ..
- Goping I, Millar D, Shore G. Identification of the human mitochondrial protein import receptor, huMas20p. Complementation of delta mas20 in yeast. FEBS Lett. 1995;373:45-50 pubmed..Finally, expression of huMAS20 complemented the respiratory defect of delta mas20 yeast cells. Together, these results demonstrate that huMAS20p is a component of the mammalian import apparatus. ..
- Bernier F, Leblanc G, Labrie F, Luu The V. Structure of human estrogen and aryl sulfotransferase gene. Two mRNA species issued from a single gene. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:28200-5 pubmed..Using DNA from panels of human/rodent somatic cell hybrids and amplification of the gene by polymerase chain reaction, the human placental estrogen sulfotransferase gene was assigned to chromosome 16. ..
- Paudel H. The regulatory Ser262 of microtubule-associated protein tau is phosphorylated by phosphorylase kinase. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:1777-85 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that in neurons, phosphorylase kinase may be one of the kinases that participate in the phosphorylation of tau. ..
- Campeau E, Dupuis L, Leon del Rio A, Gravel R. Coding sequence mutations in the alpha subunit of propionyl-CoA carboxylase in patients with propionic acidemia. Mol Genet Metab. 1999;67:11-22 pubmed..The results suggest that most mutations have a severe impact on the stability or the functionality of the alpha subunit. ..
- Schmitt E, Paquet C, Beauchemin M, Dever Bertrand J, Bertrand R. Characterization of Bax-sigma, a cell death-inducing isoform of Bax. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;270:868-79 pubmed..Our results suggest that Bax-sigma, a novel variant of Bax, encodes a protein with a proapoptotic effect and mode of action similar to those of Bax-alpha. ..
- Montpetit A, Boily G, Sinnett D. A detailed transcriptional map of the chromosome 12p12 tumour suppressor locus. Eur J Hum Genet. 2002;10:62-71 pubmed..The gene predictions were all confirmed by expression analysis using RT-PCR and Northern blot. This transcriptional map is a crucial step toward the identification of the tumour suppressor gene at 12p12. ..
- Zingg H, Laporte S. The oxytocin receptor. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2003;14:222-7 pubmed..Finally, the tocolytic efficiency of the oxytocin receptor antagonist atosiban, recently approved for clinical use in Europe, has opened new avenues for the prevention and treatment of preterm labor. ..
- Nakhost A, Houeland G, Castellucci V, Sossin W. Differential regulation of transmitter release by alternatively spliced forms of synaptotagmin I. J Neurosci. 2003;23:6238-44 pubmed..Our results demonstrate a physiological role for splicing in the juxtamembrane domain of Syt I...
- Boulanger M, Miranda T, Clarke S, Di Fruscio M, Suter B, Lasko P, et al. Characterization of the Drosophila protein arginine methyltransferases DART1 and DART4. Biochem J. 2004;379:283-9 pubmed..The presence of PRMTs in D. melanogaster suggest that flies are a suitable genetic system to study arginine methylation. ..
- Cote J, Richard S. Tudor domains bind symmetrical dimethylated arginines. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:28476-83 pubmed..These data provide in vivo evidence in support of a role for arginine methylation in the proper assembly and localization of spliceosomal Sm proteins. ..
- Sacher M, Di Bacco A, Lunin V, Ye Z, Wagner J, Gill G, et al. The crystal structure of CREG, a secreted glycoprotein involved in cellular growth and differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:18326-31 pubmed..These findings indicate that CREG utilizes a known fold for a previously undescribed function [corrected] ..
- Chang N, Nguyen M, Germain M, Shore G. Antagonism of Beclin 1-dependent autophagy by BCL-2 at the endoplasmic reticulum requires NAF-1. EMBO J. 2010;29:606-18 pubmed publisher..NAF-1 is required in this pathway for BCL-2 at the ER to functionally antagonize Beclin 1-dependent autophagy. Thus, NAF-1 is a BCL-2-associated co-factor that targets BCL-2 for antagonism of the autophagy pathway at the ER. ..
- Marat A, McPherson P. The connecdenn family, Rab35 guanine nucleotide exchange factors interfacing with the clathrin machinery. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:10627-37 pubmed publisher..Our studies reveal connecdenn DENN domains as generalized GEFs for Rab35 and identify a new AP-2-binding motif, demonstrating a complex link between the clathrin machinery and Rab35 activation. ..
- Patel M, Margaron Y, Fradet N, Yang Q, Wilkes B, Bouvier M, et al. An evolutionarily conserved autoinhibitory molecular switch in ELMO proteins regulates Rac signaling. Curr Biol. 2010;20:2021-7 pubmed publisher..Functionally, we found that ELMO mutants with impaired autoregulatory activity promote cell elongation. These results demonstrate an unsuspected level of regulation for Rac1 signaling via autoinhibition of ELMO. ..
- Lu J, Pan Q, Rong L, He W, Liu S, Liang C. The IFITM proteins inhibit HIV-1 infection. J Virol. 2011;85:2126-37 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data suggest that the IFITM proteins serve as important components of the innate immune system to restrict HIV-1 infection. ..
- Smaoui M, Poitevin F, Delarue M, Koehl P, Orland H, Waldispühl J. Computational assembly of polymorphic amyloid fibrils reveals stable aggregates. Biophys J. 2013;104:683-93 pubmed publisher..CreateFibril and a database of all stable polymorphic fibril models we tested, along with their structural energy landscapes, are available at http://amyloid.cs.mcgill.ca. ..
- Trempe J, Sauvé V, Grenier K, Seirafi M, Tang M, Ménade M, et al. Structure of parkin reveals mechanisms for ubiquitin ligase activation. Science. 2013;340:1451-5 pubmed publisher..Mutations that disrupted these inhibitory interactions activated parkin both in vitro and in cells. Parkin is neuroprotective, and these findings may provide a structural and mechanistic framework for enhancing parkin activity. ..
- Mashtalir N, Daou S, Barbour H, Sen N, Gagnon J, Hammond Martel I, et al. Autodeubiquitination protects the tumor suppressor BAP1 from cytoplasmic sequestration mediated by the atypical ubiquitin ligase UBE2O. Mol Cell. 2014;54:392-406 pubmed publisher..Thus, UBE2O defines an atypical ubiquitin-signaling pathway that coordinates the function of BAP1 and establishes a paradigm for regulation of nuclear trafficking of chromatin-associated proteins...
- Park J, Rodionov D, De Schutter J, Lin Y, Tsantrizos Y, Berghuis A. Crystallographic and thermodynamic characterization of phenylaminopyridine bisphosphonates binding to human farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186447 pubmed publisher..Further investigation should follow to characterize the tissue distribution profile and assess the potential clinical benefits of these compounds. ..
- Howell B, Afar D, Lew J, Douville E, Icely P, Gray D, et al. STY, a tyrosine-phosphorylating enzyme with sequence homology to serine/threonine kinases. Mol Cell Biol. 1991;11:568-72 pubmed..The predicted STY protein is highly basic and contains a putative nuclear localization signal. During differentiation, two new mRNAs were detected in addition to the embryonic transcript. ..
- Goyer C, Altmann M, Lee H, Blanc A, Deshmukh M, Woolford J, et al. TIF4631 and TIF4632: two yeast genes encoding the high-molecular-weight subunits of the cap-binding protein complex (eukaryotic initiation factor 4F) contain an RNA recognition motif-like sequence and carry out an essential function. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:4860-74 pubmed..Sequence comparison of TIF4631, TIF4632, and the human eIF-4F p220 subunit revealed significant stretches of homology. We have thus cloned two yeast homologs of mammalian p220. ..
- Moffett P, Dayo M, Reece M, McCormick M, Pelletier J. Characterization of msim, a murine homologue of the Drosophila sim transcription factor. Genomics. 1996;35:144-55 pubmed..The characteristics of the msim gene are consistent with its putative function as a transcriptional regulator. ..
- Gingras D, White D, Garin J, Multigner L, Job D, Cosson J, et al. Purification, cloning, and sequence analysis of a Mr = 30,000 protein from sea urchin axonemes that is important for sperm motility. Relationship of the protein to a dynein light chain. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:12807-13 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that we have identified a p28 light chain homolog in sea urchin sperm axoneme and that this protein may play a dynamic role in flagellar motility...
- Lussier M, Sdicu A, Winnett E, Vo D, Sheraton J, Düsterhöft A, et al. Completion of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae genome sequence allows identification of KTR5, KTR6 and KTR7 and definition of the nine-membered KRE2/MNT1 mannosyltransferase gene family in this organism. Yeast. 1997;13:267-74 pubmed..None was K1 killer toxin resistant but ktr6 and ktr7 null mutants were found to be hypersensitive and resistant, respectively, to the drug Calcofluor White. ..
- Arhin F, Moreau F, Coulton J, Mills E. Subtyping of Neisseria meningitidis strains isolated in Quebec, Canada: correlation between deduced amino acid sequences and serosubtyping techniques. Can J Microbiol. 1997;43:234-8 pubmed..Subtyping using deduced amino acid sequences is superior because it does not depend on the availability of mAbs. ..
- MacLean D, Meedel T, Hastings K. Tissue-specific alternative splicing of ascidian troponin I isoforms. Redesign of a protein isoform-generating mechanism during chordate evolution. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:32115-20 pubmed
- Dominguez M, Dejgaard K, Fullekrug J, Dahan S, Fazel A, Paccaud J, et al. gp25L/emp24/p24 protein family members of the cis-Golgi network bind both COP I and II coatomer. J Cell Biol. 1998;140:751-65 pubmed..Surprisingly, upon expression of mutated members, steady-state distribution of unmutated ones shifted as well, presumably as a consequence of their observed oligomeric properties. ..
- Seidah N, Mowla S, Hamelin J, Mamarbachi A, Benjannet S, Touré B, et al. Mammalian subtilisin/kexin isozyme SKI-1: A widely expressed proprotein convertase with a unique cleavage specificity and cellular localization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:1321-6 pubmed..In vitro studies suggest that SKI-1 is a Ca2+-dependent serine proteinase exhibiting a wide pH optimum for cleavage of pro-brain-derived neurotrophic factor. ..
- Jilani A, Ramotar D, Slack C, Ong C, Yang X, Scherer S, et al. Molecular cloning of the human gene, PNKP, encoding a polynucleotide kinase 3'-phosphatase and evidence for its role in repair of DNA strand breaks caused by oxidative damage. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:24176-86 pubmed..PNKP gene function restored termini suitable for DNA polymerase, consistent with in vivo removal of 3'-phosphate groups, facilitating DNA repair. ..
- Ye F, Zangenehpour S, Chaudhuri A. Light-induced down-regulation of the rat class 1 dynein-associated protein robl/LC7-like gene in visual cortex. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:27172-6 pubmed..Our results suggest a high turnover rate of the robl/LC7-like protein and the presence of a repressor mechanism in neurons that is tightly coupled to synaptic stimulation. ..
- Laughrea M, Shen N, Jette L, Darlix J, Kleiman L, Wainberg M. Role of distal zinc finger of nucleocapsid protein in genomic RNA dimerization of human immunodeficiency virus type 1; no role for the palindrome crowning the R-U5 hairpin. Virology. 2001;281:109-16 pubmed..Genome dimerization and mature tRNA placement would then become two RNA-RNA interactions sharing similar NC sequence requirements. ..
- Kibar Z, Vogan K, Groulx N, Justice M, Underhill D, Gros P. Ltap, a mammalian homolog of Drosophila Strabismus/Van Gogh, is altered in the mouse neural tube mutant Loop-tail. Nat Genet. 2001;28:251-5 pubmed..Ltap is expressed broadly in the neuroectoderm throughout early neurogenesis and is altered in two independent Lp alleles, identifying this gene as a strong candidate for Lp. ..
- Michel G, Roszak A, Sauvé V, Maclean J, Matte A, Coggins J, et al. Structures of shikimate dehydrogenase AroE and its Paralog YdiB. A common structural framework for different activities. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:19463-72 pubmed..Furthermore, we discuss the evolutionary and metabolic implications of the presence of two shikimate dehydrogenases in E. coli and other organisms. ..
- Kozlov G, Lee J, Elias D, Gravel M, Gutierrez P, Ekiel I, et al. Structural evidence that brain cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase is a member of the 2H phosphodiesterase superfamily. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:46021-8 pubmed..NMR titrations of the CNP catalytic domain with inhibitors and kinetic studies of site-directed mutants reveal a protein conformational change that occurs upon binding. ..
- Demers A, McNicoll N, Febbraio M, Servant M, Marleau S, Silverstein R, et al. Identification of the growth hormone-releasing peptide binding site in CD36: a photoaffinity cross-linking study. Biochem J. 2004;382:417-24 pubmed..Hence hexarelin might interfere with the CD36-mediated uptake of modified lipoproteins by macrophages. This may contribute, at least in part, to the anti-atherosclerotic effect of GHRPs in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice. ..
- Ormond J, Hislop J, Zhao Y, Webb N, Vaillaincourt F, Dyer J, et al. ApTrkl, a Trk-like receptor, mediates serotonin- dependent ERK activation and long-term facilitation in Aplysia sensory neurons. Neuron. 2004;44:715-28 pubmed publisher..Thus, transactivation of the receptor tyrosine kinase ApTrkl by serotonin is an essential step in the biochemical events leading to long-term facilitation in Aplysia...
- Wei C, Zhang S, Chen Y, Guo D, Ingelfinger J, Bomsztyk K, et al. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein K modulates angiotensinogen gene expression in kidney cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:25344-55 pubmed..In conclusion, our experiments revealed that hnRNP K is a nuclear protein that binds to the insulin-responsive element of the rat angiotensinogen gene promoter and modulates angiotensinogen gene transcription in the kidney. ..
- Cheng C, Blanchette P, Branton P. The adenovirus E4orf6 E3 ubiquitin ligase complex assembles in a novel fashion. Virology. 2007;364:36-44 pubmed..Thus E4orf6 appears to utilize a different mechanism for Cul5 selection, and, both in terms of interactions with Elongin B and C and with Cul5, assembles the E3 ligase complex in a highly novel fashion. ..
- Kozlov G, Peschard P, Zimmerman B, Lin T, Moldoveanu T, Mansur Azzam N, et al. Structural basis for UBA-mediated dimerization of c-Cbl ubiquitin ligase. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:27547-55 pubmed..This provides direct evidence for a role of Cbl dimerization in terminating signaling following activation of RTKs. ..
- Castonguay R, Halim D, Morin M, Furtos A, Lherbet C, Bonneil E, et al. Kinetic characterization and identification of the acylation and glycosylation sites of recombinant human gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase. Biochemistry. 2007;46:12253-62 pubmed..These structural and kinetic data are discussed with respect to a homology model generated to facilitate visualization. ..
- Mercure C, Lacombe M, Khazaie K, Reudelhuber T. Cathepsin B is not the processing enzyme for mouse prorenin. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2010;298:R1212-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, CTSB-deficient mice exhibit no differences compared with controls in their ability to generate active renin, and our results do not support CTSB as the PPE in mice. ..
- Nyalendo C, Sartelet H, Gingras D, Beliveau R. Inhibition of membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase tyrosine phosphorylation blocks tumor progression in mice. Anticancer Res. 2010;30:1887-95 pubmed..Overall, these findings suggest that inhibition of MT1-MMP tyrosine phosphorylation may represent an attractive strategy for the development of novel anticancer drugs. ..
- Paz S, Vilasco M, Werden S, Arguello M, Joseph Pillai D, Zhao T, et al. A functional C-terminal TRAF3-binding site in MAVS participates in positive and negative regulation of the IFN antiviral response. Cell Res. 2011;21:895-910 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that MAVS harbors a functional C-terminal TRAF3-binding site that participates in positive and negative regulation of the IFN antiviral response. ..
- Yanagiya A, Suyama E, Adachi H, Svitkin Y, Aza Blanc P, Imataka H, et al. Translational homeostasis via the mRNA cap-binding protein, eIF4E. Mol Cell. 2012;46:847-58 pubmed publisher..Thus, the activity of eIF4E is under homeostatic control via the regulation of the levels of its repressor protein 4E-BP1 through ubiquitination. ..
- Saavedra Y, Day R, Seidah N. The M2 module of the Cys-His-rich domain (CHRD) of PCSK9 protein is needed for the extracellular low-density lipoprotein receptor (LDLR) degradation pathway. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:43492-501 pubmed publisher..The results showed no activity of any secreted deletant compared with PCSK9. Thus, although M2 is dispensable for secretion, its presence is required for the extracellular activity of PCSK9 on cell surface LDLR. ..
- Cappadocia L, Parent J, Sygusch J, Brisson N. A family portrait: structural comparison of the Whirly proteins from Arabidopsis thaliana and Solanum tuberosum. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2013;69:1207-11 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, structural alignment with a potato WHY2-DNA complex reveals that the residues in these proteins are properly oriented to bind single-stranded DNA in a non-sequence-specific manner. ..
- Zhang I, Cui Y, Amiri A, Ding Y, Campbell R, Maysinger D. Pharmacological inhibition of lipid droplet formation enhances the effectiveness of curcumin in glioblastoma. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2016;100:66-76 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that the inhibition of lipid droplet accumulation is an effective way to enhance the chemotherapeutic effect of curcumin against glioblastoma multiforme. ..
- Wang B, Lemay S, Tsai S, Veillette A. SH2 domain-mediated interaction of inhibitory protein tyrosine kinase Csk with protein tyrosine phosphatase-HSCF. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:1077-88 pubmed..Coupled with previously published observations, these data also establish that Csk forms complexes with all three known members of the PEP family. ..
- Mamane Y, Heylbroeck C, Genin P, Algarte M, Servant M, Lepage C, et al. Interferon regulatory factors: the next generation. Gene. 1999;237:1-14 pubmed..The aim of this review is to provide an update on the novel discoveries in the area of IRF transcription factors and the important roles of the new generation of IRFs--particularly IRF-3, IRF-4 and IRF-7. ..
- Lee J, Gravel M, Zhang R, Thibault P, Braun P. Process outgrowth in oligodendrocytes is mediated by CNP, a novel microtubule assembly myelin protein. J Cell Biol. 2005;170:661-73 pubmed..Accordingly, cultured OLs from CNP-deficient mice extend smaller outgrowths with less arborized processes. We propose that CNP is an important component of the cytoskeletal machinery that directs process outgrowth in OLs. ..
- Singhroy D, Mespl de T, Sabbah A, Quashie P, Falgueyret J, Wainberg M. Automethylation of protein arginine methyltransferase 6 (PRMT6) regulates its stability and its anti-HIV-1 activity. Retrovirology. 2013;10:73 pubmed publisher..These results show that PRMT6 automethylation plays a role in the stability of this protein and that this event is indispensible for its anti-HIV-1 activity...
- Boudreault A, Gauthier D, Lazure C. Proprotein convertase PC1/3-related peptides are potent slow tight-binding inhibitors of murine PC1/3 and Hfurin. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:31574-80 pubmed..These results suggest that the proregion of PC1/3 is an important feature in regulating its activity. ..
- Wei C, Guo D, Zhang S, Ingelfinger J, Chan J. Heterogenous nuclear ribonucleoprotein F modulates angiotensinogen gene expression in rat kidney proximal tubular cells. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2005;16:616-28 pubmed
- Lam Yuk Tseung S, Touret N, Grinstein S, Gros P. Carboxyl-terminus determinants of the iron transporter DMT1/SLC11A2 isoform II (-IRE/1B) mediate internalization from the plasma membrane into recycling endosomes. Biochemistry. 2005;44:12149-59 pubmed..These results suggest that the major signal for internalization and recycling of DMT1 isoform II (-IRE/1B) resides in its carboxyl terminus and that removal of this signal leads to a default lysosomal targeting. ..
- Jois P, Manjunath P. The N-terminal part of Binder of SPerm 5 (BSP5), which promotes sperm capacitation in bovine species is intrinsically disordered. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:1036-41 pubmed publisher..The conservation of disorder at the N-terminus in BSP members belonging to different species suggests a role in biological process such as sperm capacitation and/or sperm-egg interactions. ..
- Torresilla C, Larocque m, Landry S, Halin M, Coulombe Y, Masson J, et al. Detection of the HIV-1 minus-strand-encoded antisense protein and its association with autophagy. J Virol. 2013;87:5089-105 pubmed publisher..ASP-induced autophagy might explain the inherent difficulty in detecting this viral protein and might justify its presumed low abundance in infected cells...
- Ou W, Bergeron J, Li Y, Kang C, Thomas D. Conformational changes induced in the endoplasmic reticulum luminal domain of calnexin by Mg-ATP and Ca2+. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:18051-9 pubmed
- Barnes T, Hekimi S. The Caenorhabditis elegans avermectin resistance and anesthetic response gene unc-9 encodes a member of a protein family implicated in electrical coupling of excitable cells. J Neurochem. 1997;69:2251-60 pubmed..Finally, we speculate on the basis of the avermectin resistance and anesthetic response phenotypes. ..
- Chevet E, Jakob C, Thomas D, Bergeron J. Calnexin family members as modulators of genetic diseases. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 1999;10:473-80 pubmed..In this review we summarize the role of ER resident proteins in quality control of mutated secretory proteins. ..
- Sivaraman J, Li Y, Larocque R, Schrag J, Cygler M, Matte A. Crystal structure of histidinol phosphate aminotransferase (HisC) from Escherichia coli, and its covalent complex with pyridoxal-5'-phosphate and l-histidinol phosphate. J Mol Biol. 2001;311:761-76 pubmed..We propose that the tetrahedral complex has resulted from non-productive binding of l-histidinol phosphate soaked into the HisC crystals, resulting in its inability to be converted to the external aldimine at the HisC active site...
- Plesa M, Kim J, Paquette S, Gagnon H, Ng Thow Hing C, Gibbs B, et al. Interaction between MMACHC and MMADHC, two human proteins participating in intracellular vitamin B?? metabolism. Mol Genet Metab. 2011;102:139-48 pubmed publisher..Five putative MMACHC-binding sites were identified. Finally, MMADHC was confirmed as a binding partner for MMACHC both in vitro (SPR) and in vivo (bacterial two-hybrid system). ..
- Seidah N, Barale J, Marcinkiewicz M, Mattei M, Day R, Chretien M. The mouse homeoprotein mLIM-3 is expressed early in cells derived from the neuroepithelium and persists in adult pituitary. DNA Cell Biol. 1994;13:1163-80 pubmed..These data suggest a potential role for mLIM-3 in the transcriptional regulation of certain genes during morphogenesis and/or maintenance of the differentiated state of the pituitary, motor neurons, and pineal gland. ..
- Dijkgraaf G, Brown J, Bussey H. The KNH1 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is a functional homolog of KRE9. Yeast. 1996;12:683-92 pubmed..Transcription of KNH1 was found to be carbon-source and kre9 delta dependent, but SKN7 independent, suggesting that KNH1 is subject to alternative transcriptional control. ..
- Lessard J, Baban S, Sauvageau G. Stage-specific expression of polycomb group genes in human bone marrow cells. Blood. 1998;91:1216-24 pubmed..Together, these results document for the first time that differentiation of human bone marrow cells is accompanied by profound changes in Pc-G gene expression levels. ..
- Tremblay K, Ouellet F, Fournier J, Danyluk J, Sarhan F. Molecular characterization and origin of novel bipartite cold-regulated ice recrystallization inhibition proteins from cereals. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:884-91 pubmed publisher..These apparent adaptive DNA rearrangement events could be part of the molecular mechanisms that ensure the survival of hardy cereals in the harsh freezing environments...
- Simard A, Di Giorgio L, Amen M, Westwood A, Amendt B, Ryan A. The Pitx2c N-terminal domain is a critical interaction domain required for asymmetric morphogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2459-70 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the Pitx2c N-terminal domain competes with endogenous Pitx2c for binding to a protein interaction partner that is required for the activation of genes that direct asymmetric morphogenesis along the left-right axis. ..
- Shirota M, Banville D, Ali S, Jolicoeur C, Boutin J, Edery M, et al. Expression of two forms of prolactin receptor in rat ovary and liver. Mol Endocrinol. 1990;4:1136-43 pubmed..5-kb mRNA is obtained with the probe specific to the short form. The predicted size of the mature form of the long PRL receptor (PRL-R2) is 591 amino acid residues.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Moeck G, Ratcliffe M, Coulton J. Topological analysis of the Escherichia coli ferrichrome-iron receptor by using monoclonal antibodies. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:6118-25 pubmed